Teh Speech™ by Teh One™

by Kafir ( 127 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Egypt, Politics at June 4th, 2009 - 6:36 am

Ynet: Ministers split over Obama’s Cairo speech

Prime Minister Netanyahu calls for special consultation immediately after American president’s historic address. Labor’s Braverman: We’re committed to two-state solution. Habayit Hayehudi’s Hershkowitz: Israeli government is not some overlapping excess of US administration.

MSNBC: Obama wants ‘new beginning’ in Muslim world

President tells audience that ‘cycle of suspicion and discord must end’

The Guardian: Barack Obama’s Cairo speech: Live

The US president will attempt to turn around America’s battered reputation in the Middle East in an eagerly awaited speech today at Cairo University, Egypt. Follow the speech live and track the build-up and reaction to it from our correspondents across the Muslim world.

Haaretz: Settler leaders: ‘Hussein Obama’ bought into Arab lies

Settler leaders reacted with frustration in the wake of U.S. President Obama’s speech in Cairo on Thursday, Israel Radio reported.

The Lede: Arab Students Respond to Obama

Update I (by Rodan): All of Obama’s Kissing up fail to impress the Islamo-Fascists.

Al-Qaeda:

Highlighting hostility the U.S. leader faces from some quarters, al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, in a message on a website, warned Muslims against alliance with Christians and Jews, saying it would annul their faith.

Iran:

The supreme leader of Washington’s regional arch foe, Iran’s Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said in an speech before Obama spoke that America was “deeply hated” and only action, not “slogans,” could change that.

Hezbollah:

“The Islamic world does not need moral or political sermons. It needs a fundamental change in American policy,” said Hassan Fadlallah, a lawmaker for Lebanon’s Hezbollah.

Muslim Brotherhood:

Mohamed Habib, deputy leader of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood, said: “It’s a public relations address more than anything else.”

President Barack Hussein Obama, our enemies really don’t care what you have to say. They don’t want peace, they want domination.

Update II (by m):

Robert Spencer~ Platitudes and naivete: Obama’s Cairo speech
I suggest everyone READ IT ALL (thanks to justin case).

Update III (by WrathofG-d):

Israeli Leaders React To Obama Speech

Tags: ,

Comments

127 Responses to “Teh Speech™ by Teh One™”

1. parson
    1 | June 4, 2009 6:42 am

It couldn’t be more obvious that the one has every intention of abandoning Israel as well as Christianity.

2. vagabond trader
    2 | June 4, 2009 6:47 am

Definition of dhimmi: see potus speech in Cairo.

3. 3 | June 4, 2009 6:51 am

M,
    We did it again! I had a post on the reaction of the Islamists do you want that to be seperate or would you like to combine it with yours?

4. m
    4 | June 4, 2009 6:52 am

From the Guardians “Live” thread:

1.00pm:

The Leftist Egyptian blogger, Hossam el-Hamalawy, provides the antidote to the reaction in the hall.

He writes:”It’s some of the biggest pile of horseshit I’ve had to listen to in years.. and I still don’t understand what’s “historica”l about it?!!”

5. m
    5 | June 4, 2009 6:53 am

re: #3 by Rodan

Please combine it! Thank you!

6. off with my head
    6 | June 4, 2009 6:55 am

From the NY Post:

He even went so far as to tell the audience that he considers “it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.”

That is scary

7. 7 | June 4, 2009 6:55 am

OT already:

David Carridine died in Bangkok.

Per Fox News.

8. m
    8 | June 4, 2009 6:57 am

re: #6 by off with my head

Good G-d almighty.

9. 9 | June 4, 2009 6:58 am

re: #6 by off with my head

“One of the points I want to make is, is that if you actually took the number of Muslims Americans, we’d be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world,” Obama, per Fox

The United States is NOT a muslim country.

10. vagabond trader
    10 | June 4, 2009 6:58 am

re: #6 by off with my head

Does not defend the people who elected him but will stand with Islam. I smell some fresh new hate crime laws in the works.

11. Granny
    11 | June 4, 2009 7:01 am

Oh you left out the “good” parts. It seems that The Won will insure that we fund a huge polio vaccination effort, that we will fund and open science centers on every continent and that we will make many more scholarships available to muslim students for study here in the US.

Well, let me tell you a few things:

1. The polio vaccine was funded by the children and mothers of the United States of America in the very first March of Dimes. My mother and I participated in that effort. Ever since the people of the United States of America have made the polio vaccine available at low or no cost to the children of every nation in the world and it is we who primarily fund the UN vaccination program -- which the muslims themselves REFUSE. Why should we pay yet again?

2. The OIC nations -- islamic every one -- have received literally trillions of US dollars from us over the years, not counting the initial investments by US oil companies. These are wealthy nations. If they choose to hoard the wealth they have received from us in the hands of a few, then they need to answer to their own people. Meanwhile, they have billions upon billions of dollars to fund science centers all by themselves thank you. They have preferred to fund things like diamond encrusted luxury automobiles and indoor ski areas in the middle of a desert. NOT ONE MORE DIME, OBAMA!

3. These same OIC nations have plenty of money to send students to the US to study. Meanwhile, our own students here in the United States of America are funding their college education with student loans that often end up totaling the purchase price of a house for a four year degree. If we the American People are going to be funding more scholarships for more students in these devastating financial times, then that money needs to go to students that are citizens of the United States of America.

Not another dime, Obama. You have emptied our treasury and sold off our assets at a phenomenal rate. If the Egyptians want to send more students to the US to study then they can use some of the $50 billion in foreign aid that we have paid them over the last 35 years or so. NOT ONE MORE DIME!

12. off with my head
    12 | June 4, 2009 7:02 am

Watch out for obooboo wanting the internet being policed.

Maybe we should list some “stereotypes” The first being that if the koran were truly followed all non-muslims should be killed. Oh wait, that is not a stereotype.

13. Granny
    13 | June 4, 2009 7:02 am

re: #7 by LanceKates

Is this Karridine from LGF? Never mind, no it isn’t. Silly me.

14. 14 | June 4, 2009 7:04 am

re: #13 by Granny

I doubt it. This is David Carradine, the actor from Kill Bill, Kung Fu, and a plethora of minor roles.

15. vagabond trader
    15 | June 4, 2009 7:04 am

re: #7 by LanceKates

Great acting family. His father John was a classic villain. RIP.

16. m
    16 | June 4, 2009 7:06 am

re: #11 by Granny

Hear, hear!

17. m
    17 | June 4, 2009 7:06 am

David Carridine

18. Ed Mahmoud
    18 | June 4, 2009 7:12 am

Well, I expected nothing less from Obama than a purposeful attack on our economy, military and international reputation, back before the election, knowing he was the candidate of Code Pink and MoveOn.org, and ‘The Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers”.

19. Ed Mahmoud
    19 | June 4, 2009 7:15 am

What, you don’t want Muslim students from places like Yemen and Saudi Arabia to have visas and money to organize new attacks against the US learn important things from great intellectuals like Noam Chompsky and Ward Churchill?

20. vagabond trader
    20 | June 4, 2009 7:19 am

re: #17 by m

m, nice job, looks like you scooped the left coast slugs on teh one speech.Not that you care, just feels good.lol.

21. parson
    21 | June 4, 2009 7:20 am

I am so frustrated!

Obama gets to broadcast all over the world what he says Americans think and feel.

Obama does not speak for me!

I do not apologize for our actions after 9-11!

I do not apologize for Guantanimo Bay!

I do not apologize for the Iraq War!

I do not equate the holocaust with Israel settlements!

Obama does not speak for me!

22. 22 | June 4, 2009 7:20 am

re: #11 by Granny

Screw the Muslims! I’m sick of our appeasement of them. Our Universities are flooded with these people many of whom we are funding. Meanwhile American students have to work and take loans out that literally tie them down. This is bullshit.

23. m
    23 | June 4, 2009 7:21 am

Rodan, but… but… but this was TEH SPEECH! TEH MOTHER OF ALL SPEECHES! He solved EVERYTHING!

/obamabot

24 | June 4, 2009 7:22 am

One of my favorite TV characters of all time -- Kwai Chang Caine of Kung Fu (David Carradine). I have the entire series on DVD.

25 | June 4, 2009 7:23 am

I cringed throughout the speech. I am sick of that phony who has no knowledge of history talking as if he is an expert.

26. vapig
    26 | June 4, 2009 7:27 am

re: #7 by LanceKates

NO! The guy who wrote the music for the show Kung Fu, died.
    Update: My bad -- my radio news guy got it wrong and you are right! Apparant suicide.

BTW -- thanks for the puter update advice! Worked wonders!

27. vagabond trader
    27 | June 4, 2009 7:34 am

re: #21 by parson

Everyone should get on the phone and tell your congress critters exactly how you feel.When it comes to keeping their sorry butts in office they do listen.

28. justin case
    28 | June 4, 2009 7:39 am

re: #26 by vapig

hi vapig, so did selecting compatibility mode sort out the refresh issue for you.

29. justin case
    29 | June 4, 2009 7:40 am

re: #28 by justin case

testing, yep seems to be working.

30. 30 | June 4, 2009 7:45 am

re: #23 by m

I just laugh that Hezbollah, AL-Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood and Iran all mocked this speech. This puts the Left in a tight spot. The Left has for years supported these groups and now, the hero of the Left, Obama is insulted by them. What will they do?
    Will they defend Obama or will they make exuses for these clowns.

31. mike
    31 | June 4, 2009 7:45 am

Yeah, that’s the POTUS’s job, to stand up for Islam. I do not live in a fucking Islamic country.

32. Granny
    32 | June 4, 2009 7:47 am

re: #31 by mike

That sure would be news to Adams and Jefferson. The very first war we ever fought was against the muslims -- the Shores of Tripoli and all that. The Won should have checked his history book against the US Navy. . . . .

If we no longer live in a Christian nation, then we sure as HELL do not live in a muslim one.

33. justin case
    33 | June 4, 2009 7:48 am

about david carridine, they say he hanged himself in the hotels closet.
    i wonder if he was doing that sexual thing, where you half throttle yourself for a buzz.
    lots of people die from that, and its mistaken for attempted suicide.

34. Ed Mahmoud
    34 | June 4, 2009 7:53 am

OT
    Florida Flood Fiasco Next Week?

From HPC

FLORIDA/WESTERN CARIBBEAN…

THE GUIDANCE ALL SHOWS THE DEVELOPMENT OF A CONVECTIVE LOW IN THE
    WESTERN CARIBBEAN AT VARIOUS TIMES OF THE MEDIUM RANGE PERIOD…BAROCLINICALLY INITIATED BY AN UPPER TROUGH NEAR FLORIDA. THE 06Z GFS…AS USUAL…IS THE MOST PROGRESSIVE AND SHARES NO
    00Z MULTI-MODEL ENSEMBLE SUPPORT…AND LIES ON THE FAST SIDE OF THE 06Z GEFS MEMBERS WITH THIS CYCLONE. THIS COULD BE BECAUSE THE GFS MOVES THE INITIAL UPPER LOW OUT TO THE EAST…BEFORE REFORMING TROUGHING OVER THE FAR EASTERN GULF THEREAFTER. THE ECMWF MAINTAINS THE TROUGH AS A STATIONARY FEATURE. BOTH THE GFS AND ITS ENSEMBLE MEMBERS ARE QUICK TO FORM AND ACCELERATE CONVECTIVE LOWS…SO THEIR SOLUTIONS ARE DEEMED TOO QUICK. IT IS STRONGLY POSSIBLE THAT A CONVECTIVE LOW WILL FORM ACROSS THE WESTERN
    CARIBBEAN AND STEER NORTHWARD TOWARDS CENTRAL CUBA JUST BEYOND THE MEDIUM RANGE PERIOD. MID-UPPER LEVEL TROUGHING IS FORECAST TO PERSIST NEAR FLORIDA THROUGH THE PERIOD…INDICATING WET CONDITIONS FOR THE SOUTHERN AND EASTERN PENINSULA THROUGH THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE…SIMILAR TO THE PATTERN ENJOYED BY THE SUNSHINE STATE THROUGHOUT THE LATTER TWO-THIRDS OF MAY. FOR NOW…HAVE MERELY INDICATED A TROUGH IN THE NORTHWEST CARIBBEAN FOR MUCH OF THE PERIOD…ONLY FORMING A LOW BY NEXT THURSDAY MORNING…THE FORECAST OF WHICH WILL BE DISCUSSED/REFINED ON THE MEDIUM RANGE CALL WITH NHC AT 16Z TODAY.

35. 35 | June 4, 2009 7:55 am

re: #31 by mike

Fuck Islam. Fuck the Koran, Fuck Allah(Satan) and Fuck Muhamed the Pedophile.

36. vapig
    36 | June 4, 2009 7:55 am

re: #28 by justin case

Hiya, Justin! Yes -- had to update the IE on the microsoft website, but it was free and fast.

37. Ed Mahmoud
    37 | June 4, 2009 7:56 am

re: #35 by Rodan

Don’t hold back, how do you really feel?

;)

38. vagabond trader
    38 | June 4, 2009 7:58 am

re: #35 by Rodan

Yup.

39. vapig
    39 | June 4, 2009 8:00 am

re: #35 by Rodan

Ditto!

40. vagabond trader
    40 | June 4, 2009 8:04 am

Hey, I’ll be reasonable here.For starters, when all Islamic countries allow Christians and Jews to visit or live within their borders unfettered without fear, then we can talk tolerance. Until then The Obama can peddle the snake oil elsewhere, imho.

41. Ed Mahmoud
    41 | June 4, 2009 8:05 am

Osama bin Laden still hates America.

Well, so does Barack Hussein Obama.

What do Obama and Osama have in common?

They both have friends that tried to blow up the Pentagon.

42. justin case
    42 | June 4, 2009 8:05 am

enjoy your islam bashing while you can, the full force of the law is coming your way, you islamophobs.

43. CarolinaJen
    43 | June 4, 2009 8:08 am

9. LanceKates
    “The scary part was when he said that the United States is the world’s largest muslim country.”

Here goes Alinksy’s Rule 1, It’s not what you have but what is preceived that you have. If yyour a small group make it appear that you are much larger.

44. justin case
    44 | June 4, 2009 8:08 am

chas will be up very soon, and i am taking bets on his level of orgasem over obamas speech.

45. vapig
    45 | June 4, 2009 8:09 am

re: #41 by Ed Mahmoud

Osama bin Laden still hates America.

Well, so does Barack Hussein Obama.

What do Obama and Osama have in common?

They both have friends that tried to did blow up the Pentagon.

FTFY

46. vapig
    46 | June 4, 2009 8:11 am

re: #42 by justin case

Bring it! That wasn’t what I saw as the tipping point -- but it’ll do…..

47. vagabond trader
    47 | June 4, 2009 8:12 am

re: #43 by CarolinaJen

Yes, he’s a follower of Alinsky as is Hillary and the other leftist pond scum disciples.

48. My5princesses
    48 | June 4, 2009 8:12 am

Justin Case,

Tell them to wear their white Garbs, that way they’ll be ready when us rednecks think it’s deer season early. Problem is, after I throw them in my pickup, where do I dump the carcasses?

49. exceller
    49 | June 4, 2009 8:15 am

Since when did it become the duty of the President to make an address to a religion on behalf of the United States?

The whole idea is appalling and idiotic and to me says more about his desire to bask in the glow of the masses of world attention.

He used the term “our partnership with Islam”. We don’t have a partnership with Islam!!
    We can have relationships with countries that contain Muslims, for example India, but we should NEVER partner with a religion.

what am I missing?

50. vapig
    50 | June 4, 2009 8:16 am

re: #48 by My5princesses

Why bother? Buzzards have to eat too!

51. 51 | June 4, 2009 8:17 am

re: #48 by My5princesses

Drop em off the end of a pier. Fish need to eat too, as well as buzzards. hahaa

52. vapig
    52 | June 4, 2009 8:17 am

re: #49 by exceller

Seems to me you missed nothing. Carry on!

53. My5princesses
    53 | June 4, 2009 8:18 am

Vapig,

Yeah, but that buzzard poop will kill my grass, plus I’d ruin the blades on my new lawn tractor.

54. 54 | June 4, 2009 8:19 am

re: #37 by Ed Mahmoud

Next Terror attack, I say take out the Kabaa. As someone with Spaniard blood, I will never forget the Muslism tried to exterminate my ancestors. I hate Islam with all the fiber in my being. I was raised to hate Islam, so will my kids.

55. My5princesses
    55 | June 4, 2009 8:20 am

Savage,

As they said in Finding Nemo “Shark Bait ooo-ha-ha”. Where are you today? It’s really looking pretty here, very green right now.

56. 56 | June 4, 2009 8:21 am

re: #51 by savage

That’s too nice. I say put pig grease on them and drop them in the Middle of a hungry Wolf pack!

57. vapig
    57 | June 4, 2009 8:22 am

re: #54 by Rodan

What’s Kabaa? I say take out Mecca or Medina. I think that would send a nice message!

58. exceller
    58 | June 4, 2009 8:23 am

I’m still waiting for the pictures of Michelle my belle in her J Crew burka.

59. vapig
    59 | June 4, 2009 8:23 am

re: #53 by My5princesses

Buzzard poop is fertilizer. Mulch them!

60. vapig
    60 | June 4, 2009 8:24 am

re: #58 by exceller

He stopped taking her on trips when he noticed she got all the headlines.

61. vagabond trader
    61 | June 4, 2009 8:25 am

re: #58 by exceller

She seems to be MIA, must already be in Europe shopping or something equally as profound.

62. My5princesses
    62 | June 4, 2009 8:26 am

Vapig,

One of those wood chippers would do the job, it worked for Saddam, right?

I could put it on my vegetable garden I guess.

63. vapig
    63 | June 4, 2009 8:28 am

re: #62 by My5princesses

Well, unlike Sadm, I’d hope you’d dispatch them first. Mulching is just to tiddy up and be green!

64. Heavensgate
    64 | June 4, 2009 8:29 am

Let me get this straight, we are NO longer a Christian country but we are a Muslim country. WTH?

65. 65 | June 4, 2009 8:30 am

re: #64 by Heavensgate

Maybe its time for an American version of the reconqusita.

66. vagabond trader
    66 | June 4, 2009 8:31 am

Oh, ok, it seems she’ll be with The Obama at Normandy and in Paris. How fashionable. Blecccch!

67. Ed Mahmoud
    67 | June 4, 2009 8:31 am

The Qa’aba is the Holy Meteorite, originally worshipped as Ba’al, that is at the center of the Great Mosque in Mecca.

No need to risk killing relatively innocent Musselmen children with a nuke when a precision guided weapon can destroy the center of the Musselmen’s faith.

And when the Mahdi and a 900 foot tall Issa (Jesus) don’t rise up to smite America, the death cult known as Islam will fall apart.

Of course, a terorrist attack in the US the next 4 years will be answered with a strongly worded resolution from the UN, and possibly Eric Holder seeking criminal indictments against any living conspirators, maybe.

68. My5princesses
    68 | June 4, 2009 8:31 am

Vapig,

Ok, I’ll let the Buzzards eat them. Did you ever get a close up look at a Turkey Buzzard? They is one UUUUUUgly critter.

Ugly eatin Ugly I guess.

69. RickMZ
    69 | June 4, 2009 8:34 am

# 65 Rodan:

Maybe its time for an American version of the reconqusita.

. . . Native American-style. Libtard scalps make good home decorating items.

70. m
    70 | June 4, 2009 8:35 am

re: #57 by vapig

The Kabaa is the meteorite in mecca they love to play “ring around” with. You know, the one that turned black because it was touched by a menstruating woman.

/hey, I didn’t say it was true.

71. Ed Mahmoud
    71 | June 4, 2009 8:35 am

Issa in Muslim end time beliefs

Jesus (Isa) will return to over-throw al-Dajjal in the battle of ‘Aqabat Afiq’ in Syria, or at the Lud gate in Jerusalem according to another account. Jesus will “kill all pigs and break all crosses”, confirming Islam as the only true religion. After 40 years Jesus will die and be buried next to Muhammad in Medina (Islam teaches that Jesus didn’t die in A.D. 33 but has been in a state of “suspended animation” since)

72. vapig
    72 | June 4, 2009 8:40 am

re: #68 by My5princesses

Turkey vultures! Yes -- grew up with them. Now that’s what I’m talking about!

73. vapig
    73 | June 4, 2009 8:43 am

re: #70 by m

Ewwww! Bad M! Bad! Bad! {good morning, deary!}

So it’s Mecca then! Launch!

74. My5princesses
    74 | June 4, 2009 8:43 am

Vapig,

did they help you get your wings, and show you all their delicacies?

75. 75 | June 4, 2009 8:45 am

re: #67 by Ed Mahmoud

Allah= Ba’AL. Baal Illah is where Allah comes from. Ba’al is Lucifer/Satan.

76. justin case
    76 | June 4, 2009 8:46 am

re: #71 by Ed Mahmoud

kill all the pigs, does that include most of the staff and regular customers in mc donalds worldwide, lol.

77. 77 | June 4, 2009 8:48 am

re: #55 by My5princesses

I’m in Barstow CA, medium sized city in the Mojave Desert. Had some bad thunderstorms out here last night. A couple people got killed by lightning strikes in the general area.

78. vapig
    78 | June 4, 2009 8:49 am

Wings? No wings -- used to work here and got an upclose good looky at the beasties.

Note to moonbats -- these are not a viable energy option!

79. vapig
    79 | June 4, 2009 8:51 am

re: #76 by justin case

Whatchu got against Micky D’s, huh? Don’t like it? Don’t go!

BTW -- they sell cow!

80. justin case
    80 | June 4, 2009 8:51 am

re: #77 by savage

thats because they wern’t conducting them-selves correctly.
    sorry bad joke.

81. 81 | June 4, 2009 8:51 am

I heard this morning on the radio that President Obama made comparisons between the Phakestinian suffering, the Holocaust, and American slavery.

It was also quoted that he threw “class struggle” into what is most commonly understood as protected class issues; stating something to the effect of “in the U.S. those of any race, sex, national origin or station in life (ie: class) have the same opportunity and dreams.

I guess that makes being poor similar to being black, woman, or other civil rights struggles in our history?

I have yet to listen to the speech itself, can anyone confirm this?

82. vapig
    82 | June 4, 2009 8:54 am

re: #77 by savage

We had two boys hit yesterday while playing basebase here in Virginia. One died, the other is critical.

83. justin case
    83 | June 4, 2009 8:54 am

re: #79 by vapig

i go there about once every two months, for 2 quarter pounders with cheese and fries,
    eating them is great, but afterwards, well you know.

84. vapig
    84 | June 4, 2009 8:57 am

re: #83 by justin case

LOLOLOL!!! Aye! Don’t plan on being in polite company!

BTW -- You go there too often IMHO!

85. My5princesses
    85 | June 4, 2009 8:58 am

Savage,

Barstool, CA, what a name! I guess you don’t do much snow shoveling out there, you’re missing out on all the fun!

Take care of yourself young man, I must be off.

Vapig,

They have those worthless things in Somerset (jack murtha’s district) PA. Everytime I go to Pittsburgh to see my daughter, I get to see if they’ll move. They don’t move very often.

Take Care

86. justin case
    86 | June 4, 2009 8:59 am

re: #81 by WrathofG-d

the one thing i will give him credit for in that speech wrath is, he shoved down their throats that 6 million jews were killed and it was evil to try and deny it.

87. vapig
    87 | June 4, 2009 9:00 am

re: #85 by My5princesses

Yes, they’re worthless! Have a good day!

88. 88 | June 4, 2009 9:01 am

President Obama opened the speech with the Islamic greeting, “Peace unto you” in Arabic and reminded his listeners of his Muslim background. He quoted the Koran several times in his Cairo speech, stating that the Muslim holy book states, “Be conscious of G-d and speak always the truth.”

———--

Egypt Invited Muslim Brotherhood Radicals to Hear Obama

———--

Israeli MK Katz: US Supporters of Israel Must Get Tough With Obama

89. vapig
    89 | June 4, 2009 9:02 am

re: #86 by justin case

He also rammed down the fact that al qaeda is the ones who carried out 9/11 and gleefully took credit for it. He said it was a FACT!

90. 90 | June 4, 2009 9:02 am

Cartoon: Yes we can!

91. 91 | June 4, 2009 9:05 am

re: #88 by WrathofG-d

You see the updates. Muslim Brotherhood, Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah and Iran laughed at his speech.

92. m
    92 | June 4, 2009 9:05 am

re: #73 by vapig

Good morning {sunshine}! Mecca it is! lol

Bye {My5princesses}! Have a good one!

93. justin case
    93 | June 4, 2009 9:05 am

re: #89 by vapig

yeah i bet the troofers movement feel really let down by that one.

94. My5princesses
    94 | June 4, 2009 9:08 am

M,

See ya later beautiful

95. justin case
    95 | June 4, 2009 9:10 am

robert spencer is ripping his speech to shreads over at jihad watch.
    top man that spencer.

96. m
    96 | June 4, 2009 9:24 am

Justin, I was reading that. He tears it up! I love me some Robert Spencer. I’m adding it as an update.

97. Justa Joe
    97 | June 4, 2009 9:26 am

After Obortion’s ‘historical’ speech absolutely nothing will change. His speech will accomplish absolutely nothing.

The terrorists will continue to plot and kill. They may even be more emboldened.

Arab culture does not appreciate obsequious groveling. They correctly interpret it as weakness. I seemed to have missed the time when the Arab leader came to the USA and apologized to the Christians for the countless terrorist attacks. Obortion debased himself before the Arab world.

98. 98 | June 4, 2009 9:26 am

re: #95 by justin case

That is probably one of his best threads…

99. newsjunkie_ky
    99 | June 4, 2009 9:29 am

Rush is also tearing the speech apart. the zero playing up the achievments of muslims is hilarious. Rush is destroying that part right now.
    muslim’s religious ‘tolerance’, HAH!

100. 100 | June 4, 2009 9:33 am

re: #26 by vapig

No worries. I feel like a neophyte again, with Linux.

101. 101 | June 4, 2009 9:35 am

re: #43 by CarolinaJen

Even if muslims had a population equal to christians, this wouldn’t be a muslim country.

Muslim countries are under Sharia law, by definition.

Even if muslims were 99% of the population, without Sharia law, this is NOT a muslim country.

102. vagabond trader
    102 | June 4, 2009 9:37 am

re: #81 by WrathofG-d

Wrath he made an implied moral eqivalency out of the Israeli settlements and slavery. Yes he did.

103. 103 | June 4, 2009 9:37 am

re: #50 by vapig

One of the best movie lines ever:

Jamie: I wish we had time to bury them fellas.
    Josey Wales: To hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

104. Justa Joe
    104 | June 4, 2009 9:42 am

And another thing:

The more Obama tries to shove this Muslim crap down America’s throat the more push back he’s going to get from Americans.

American’s may tolerate Islam, but nobody is going to make Americans like it. I don’t even think your average lib voter was prepared for this big of a heaping helping of Islam 24/7.

105. exceller
    105 | June 4, 2009 9:50 am

Rush just made a great point. He said (mockingly) perhaps one day Obama might make a major speech to the world where he actually extolls the virtues and accomplishments of AMERICA! is that possible? probably a real longshot but we can hold out hope.

106. 106 | June 4, 2009 10:37 am

I think every American who thought Obama’s (PBUH) speech was his supreme act of dhimnitude should send him a roll of toilet paper for his nose.

107. 107 | June 4, 2009 10:53 am

LGF 1.0′s response to this speech was predictably wishy washy.

108. 108 | June 4, 2009 11:04 am

re: #107 by Escovado

Icarus is calling it a good speech.

109. 109 | June 4, 2009 11:17 am

re: #108 by Rodan

Actually I believe LGF calls it “good, could have been better, but could have been much worse.”

I’m not sure how that doesn’t describe every speech ever given, but that is besides my point.

From what I have heard of it, the speech wasn’t bad, especially from a guy who loves to go overboard in submitting to the Muslim world. Unfortunately, think this is what is what we are getting used to expecting from Obama. As long as it isn’t complete leftist surrender language he will get praise from so-called Conservatives.

Overall however, and again, the speech wasn’t bad, it is just WRONG. He bases the entire argument on some wishy washy dream that feels good. But the problem is that it felt good the previous times these policies were attempted, but failed. It is typical Leftism -- they take what they wish to see in the world, ignore the reality of it all, and bet on hope. Instead of forming policy around reality, they build their reality around the policy they wish to follow. In other words, President Obama is relying on our enemies to change, and become westerners simply because he is offering them what we Westerners think they want. Our hopes however (i fear) do not reflect their reality.

Israel tried this in her founding. They gave the Arabs full rights, homes, all arab neighborhoods, education, etc. They assumed that the Arabs would want exactly what the new Westerners (Jews from Europe) would want, and once they were given all of the aforementioned that the Arabs would forget that a Jewish state was just created in their desired Caliphate. We all know what happened: the education was used to build bombs, and terrorist organizations, the homes became staging points for attacks, the neighborhoods became no-go zones for Jews, etc.

Wishful thinking is not foreign policy.

110. vagabond trader
    110 | June 4, 2009 11:23 am

re: #109 by WrathofG-d

Wrath,please see my #102.

111. vagabond trader
    111 | June 4, 2009 11:30 am

Atlas has an excellent thread on the speech also.

112. 112 | June 4, 2009 11:52 am

re: #102 by vagabond trader

I read that statement (quoted on the next thread). He seems, actually to equate the Jewish homes being built east of the armistice lines (and those that were there before 1967) to practically every evil in the 20th century. (including South African apartheid)

However, I think they were just examples in a much larger point about how the Phakestinians need to stop the violence.

113. 113 | June 4, 2009 11:58 am

re: #109 by WrathofG-d

He also is acknowledging that in Islam, Arabs are the masters. That’s why he addressed it in Egypt. He culd of done this speech in Turkey or Indonesia. He choose an Arab countries because in the Islamic Caste system, Arabs are on top.
    He also made some historical lies in praising Islam.

114. vagabond trader
    114 | June 4, 2009 12:05 pm

re: #112 by WrathofG-d

Respectfully disagree.As a Jew I caught his covert moral equivalency right away, and am not the only one who did.

115. ghost707
    115 | June 4, 2009 12:08 pm

re: #109 by WrathofG-d

Excellent summation Wrath.

116. NoThreat2U
    116 | June 4, 2009 12:18 pm

A couple of interesting links I just wanted to share with ya’ll:

117. ghost707
    117 | June 4, 2009 12:19 pm

The problem with Islam is that is has not progressed since the 7th century. They treat women worse than animals. It is despicable.

Does Obama really think that women prefer to be covered from head to toe in 110 degree weather?
    They do it out of threat of bodily injury or death.
    Saying it is part of a custom does not excuse or justify it.

118. vagabond trader
    118 | June 4, 2009 12:23 pm

Also,comparing pal suffering to the Holocaust. Repulsive! All the fine Muslims he knew in Chicago? Like Louis Farrakhan? Yeah,I get what potus means all too well.

119. 119 | June 4, 2009 12:26 pm

re: #114 by vagabond trader

What? You disagree with me? Go get your own blog!

Seriously though, I understand how and why one would be offended by any comparison between the building of homes on disputed land, and the outright unprovoked murder of 6,000 people. It is also completely disgusting to compare the building of homes on disputed land to the South African governmental policy of Apartheid based on nothing more than pure racism, and the mistreatment of an innocent people for that end.

I do not agree with these comparisons, and would not be angry at anyone for becoming offended by them. If it wasn’t what I expected from this type of President, I too would be offended. As I often say in the real world to those who make this same comparison -- I wish President Obama on week in a Jewish ghetto or Death Camp during WW2, in apartheid South Africa, on on a slave ship. Unfortunately, it seems that only these extremes would prove to these morons the stupidity of their comparisons.

Beyond these examples given by President Obama however was his overall point that the violence from the Arabs is a problem as well. I don’t think that house building is comparable to murder, but the point I think President Obama was making had more to do with Arab violence than the examples given. I don’t defend his word choice, but simply try to explain what I think of them.

If anything, President Obama’s statements give a clear look into how he thinks about the situation (ie: just as a pragmatic progressive would). He believes the situation for the Phakestinians to be comparable to every evil in the 20th Century. This is typical of the idiotic leftist. They wouldn’t know true evil if it was standing next to them (and in President Obama’s case even then as he does it often).

There are core issues to the entire discussion that need to be resolved, and which explain how anyone could make such dumb statements. First and foremost is the fact that only a complete liar, or moron could compare home building to murder. Any time this excuse or comparison is made, we must attack the comparison before we deal with any associated issues being brought up.

House building does NOT in any circumstance equal, or excuse murder.

120. 120 | June 4, 2009 12:45 pm

re: #117 by ghost707

Saying it is part of a custom does not excuse or justify it.

America used to have a few customs as well: slavery, separate but not so equal…

President Obama has said that both the Muslim world, and the West have a lot to learn from each other. Ok, sounds good, but I want to know EXACTLY what he believes we should learn from the Muslim world. If we had a media/journalism that actually stuck to the how, where, why, and wasn’t simply a mouth piece for the Administration they just might ask that hard question.

121. vagabond trader
    121 | June 4, 2009 12:48 pm

re: #119 by WrathofG-d

lol,gotcha!I still cannot stomach the guy. Next stop Dresden, to apologize for all the bad stuff Americans did to Germany. Everyone in his narrative must be an equal member in the community of victimhood.

122. ghost707
    122 | June 4, 2009 1:02 pm

re: #120 by WrathofG-d

Like I said on another site, Obama delivers hypocrisy in 100,000 ton cargo ships; it’s the only way to contain the sheer volume of it.

Black slavery was bad, but slavery imposed on women is OK with him -- since he has pretty much admitted he is a Muslim now.

I mean, what to make of a man who says: “I consider it part of my responsibility as president of the United States to fight against negative stereotypes of Islam wherever they appear.”

He will only defend Islam and no other religion.

The media are willing accomplices.

123. 123 | June 4, 2009 1:05 pm

re: #122 by ghost707

Obama delivers hypocrisy in 100,000 ton cargo ships

I was riding today, saw a company called BS Transporting, out of oklahoma.

My first thought was, “Hey, it would take a tanker truck to transport that much BS….”

124. ghost707
    124 | June 4, 2009 1:15 pm

re: #123 by LanceKates

LOL, Lance.

That may be Obama’s new company.

125. off with my head
    125 | June 4, 2009 1:30 pm

re: #35 by Rodan

Don’t forget Fuck Obooboo

126. bluliner10
    126 | June 4, 2009 6:11 pm

Howdy all,

Busy couple days of other critical Marine work, but saw this at the American Thinker regarding the speech. I know President Bush used this particular ayat as well, but for the current and knowledgable President, this is pretty disturbing…

Obama quotes verse 5:32, omits 5:33
    Mladen Andrijasevic

President Obama in his speech said ” The Holy Koran teaches that whoever kills an innocent, it is as if he has killed all mankind; and whoever saves a person, it is as if he has saved all mankind.”

I really find it odd that neither President Obama nor any of his advisors did not realize that the meaning of verse 5:32 is not clear until it is quoted together with verse 5:33 which follows it:

005.032

YUSUFALI: On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person -- unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land -- it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land

005.033

YUSUFALI: The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;
    Update: Andrew Bostom writes:

Immediately following the murderous acts of jihad terrorism committed on September 11, 2001, Ibn Warraq highlighted the tragic irony of many apologists quoting selectively from Qur’an 5:32-”whoso slays a soul . . . shall be as if he had slain mankind altogether; and whoso gives life to a soul, shall be as if he has given life to mankind altogether”- attempting to demonstrate that the Qur’ran disapproved of violence and killing.

Firstly, these wonderful sounding words come from a preexisting Jewish text (Mishnah, IV Division 5, “Thus was created a single man, to teach us that every person who loses a single soul, it shall be written about him as if he has lost the entire world, and every person who sustains a single soul, it shall be written about him as if he has sustained the entire world.”

And apologists for Islam-just like President Obama-quote the Koranic words out of context. For the very next verse offers quite a different meaning from that of 5:32, which was “laid…down for the Israelites,” as stated in the next verse, 5:33, continuing:

“…Our apostles brought them [the Jews] veritable proofs: yet it was not long before many of them committed great evils in the land. Those that make war against Allah and His apostle [Muhammad] and spread disorder shall be put to death or crucified or have their hands and feet cut off on alternate sides, or be banished from the country. (Qur’an 5:33)”

The supposedly noble sentiments of the first verse, taken from a Jewish source, are entirely undercut by the second verse, which becomes a bloodthirsty menacing by Muhammad of the Jews. (And as an aside the Muslim sources estimate Muhammad killed 24,000 Jews in his jihad campaigns against them). Far from abjuring violence, these verses aggressively insist that any who oppose the Muslim prophet will be killed, or crucified, mutilated, and banished.

I will send the link, but that is the whole thing, sorry for interrupting your panther party!

127. Owl
    127 | June 4, 2009 6:44 pm

re: #22 by Rodan

BY G-D I THINK YOU’VE GOT IT~!

I’m with you. I remember back in the 7o’s the bumper stickers saying ” The Ayatolla is an assaholla” or something like that. Back when we had some GUTS. Some PRIDE. America didn’t take it from anyone.

Now? Now? With the socialist, leftist bedwetting, whiny liberals in charge, we are ASKING FOR IT.

My guess is that after all this pandering and bowing and a$$-kissing, within a year we will be hit again. mark my words.