Flag Day!

by Kafir ( 49 Comments › )
Filed under Military, Open thread at June 14th, 2009 - 5:53 am

You’re a Grand Old Flag
By George M. Cohan
You’re a grand old flag,
You’re a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave.
You’re the emblem of
The land I love.
The home of the free and the brave.
Ev’ry heart beats true
‘neath the Red, White and Blue,
Where there’s never a boast or brag.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
Keep your eye on the grand old flag.
You’re a grand old flag,
You’re a high flying flag
And forever in peace may you wave.
You’re the emblem of
The land I love.
The home of the free and the brave.
Ev’ry heart beats true
‘neath the Red, White and Blue,
Where there’s never a boast or brag.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
Keep your eye on the grand old flag.
~~~~~

The History Of Flag Day
A Guide To American Flags

Also: Happy Birthday to the US ARMY! 234 years old and lookin’ good!

Tags: ,

Comments

49 Responses to “Flag Day!”

1. 1 | June 14, 2009 6:12 am

Ah gots mah Bible, mah guns, and mah flag’s flappin in da breeze… Ah’z a nationalist but mah president done made himself da emperor of da worl… check it out,

Hear a Palestinian leader state: “Obama promised Jerusalem to us.” Do you wonder now why Hamas, an internationally recognized terrorist organization, collected money and campaigned for Obama in 2008? No one believed it then…do the Jews who voted for Obama believe it now?

Source link via Babba’s place: Obama gives Jerusalem to the Palestinians

I love my country, I love my US service men and women, but God help me I hate my President… and the bovine masses that put him in office.

2. vagabond trader
    2 | June 14, 2009 6:37 am

Most beautiful banner of freedom in the world. No mis- elected stooge is ever going to take that away.

3. RickMZ
    3 | June 14, 2009 6:45 am

While I do enjoy a good George M. Cohan tune, I also think we need more John Philip Souza.

Those who know who Souza is and those who don’t creates the defining line in the progressive takeover of the education system.

Sorry, Barry, the ‘Stars and Stripes Forever’ is not just a song, it’s an ideal, one you never acquired in Indonesia, you commie rat bastard.

4. 4 | June 14, 2009 6:55 am

Got a Flag up. Been up, not taken it down.

5. 5 | June 14, 2009 7:04 am

[...] last, but not least, Little Green Footballs 2.0 celebrates Flag [...]

6. vagabond trader
    6 | June 14, 2009 7:07 am

Then there is the flip side of patriotic.Gee, yet another anti American “Christian” connection with The Obama emerges.

7. 7 | June 14, 2009 7:15 am

VT

Soooo, another altar of Ha’Sawtan that teh One worshipped at. Hmmm?

8. 8 | June 14, 2009 7:26 am

No wonder teh One is so screwed up one side of the fam is mooselimb and the other are out and out commies.

“O” reading list

9. goddessoftheclassroom
    9 | June 14, 2009 7:32 am

Until a person lives abroad and NEVER sees an American flag, he or she can’t know the absolute thrill of finally seeing it again.

Good morning, y’all.

10. goddessoftheclassroom
    10 | June 14, 2009 7:33 am

Updates and additions encouraged!

Blogmacracy Prayer List 6/14/09
    Prayers for thanks, praise, comfort, strength, healing, and hope

Community issues:
    First responders: firefighters, police, EMTs.
    Blessing and protection over all of us during these times.
    Our government
    Our troops
    Israel
    Georgia/Ossetia
    Gilad Schalit, for his release.
    The contractors still held hostage
    Brian at Snapped Shot: for justice

Thanksgivings
    windybon: safe arrival of niece and family
    vapig: new job
    Rozana Saberi: release of American political prisoner in Iran sentenced to 8 years in prison

Health issues:
    imtoast: father suffered stroke
    Coz: brother-in-law, Shane Williams
    Jlfintx: wife’s surgery
    Scrat: Pops has stomach problems and cancer growing on his spine
    BBEV: wife
    vagabond trader: friend’s mother has cancer; going in for chemo.
    vapig: recovering from back injury
    Family, friend, and life situations:
    newsjunkie_ky: son-in-law facing lay off
    Coz: passing of his sister-in-law, Becky
    Zeebeach: for employment
    Vagabond trader: friends Tony and Amy looking for a new home
    Smokefire: friends in market for new house in Louisiana
    m: husband recovering from motorcycle accident
    Imtoast: husband looking for a job
    GotC: strength and hope

11. m
    11 | June 14, 2009 7:41 am

Goddess, Becky Williams has passed away.

12. vagabond trader
    12 | June 14, 2009 7:43 am

Good morning Goddess!

Here is a great source for historical antique US flags.Fascinating!

13. tuffy
    13 | June 14, 2009 7:44 am

re: #2 by vagabond trader

Word.

14. tuffy
    14 | June 14, 2009 7:46 am

re: #4 by BenZacharia

Gonna go buy one today and fly it proudly at my new house. And I ain’t taken it down either. ;)

15. vagabond trader
    15 | June 14, 2009 7:47 am

re: #12 by tuffy

16. m
    16 | June 14, 2009 7:51 am

Hey tuffy, did you decide to keep the black box?

17. Sparky
    17 | June 14, 2009 7:57 am

Good Morning everyone, here are the rules for displaying your flag. Have a great day.

18. goddessoftheclassroom
    18 | June 14, 2009 7:58 am

re: #10 by m

Thank you so much for letting me know. I have edited the Prayer List accordingly.

19. 19 | June 14, 2009 8:00 am

Its the Tuffy Black Box of Doom!

20. tuffy
    20 | June 14, 2009 8:07 am

re: #18 by LanceKates

LMAO!!

That pic is the cropped corner of the Orion Nebula, so I thought I would keep it because,

A. I’m too lazy to change it
    B. I think it’s cool.
    and 3. because I’m still too lazy and easily distracted.

21. tuffy
    21 | June 14, 2009 8:08 am

re: #15 by m

Yar. :)

22. windybon
    22 | June 14, 2009 8:12 am

re: #9 by goddessoftheclassroom

Goddess, my family made it safe and sound. Thanks for the prayers.

23. newsjunkie_ky
    23 | June 14, 2009 8:14 am

GOTC,
    Please add my son-in-law to the prayer list. He will be laid off the 19th unless his company gets their hospital contract renewed. So to keep his job or find a better one.
    Thank you for continuing this wonderful prayer list you started.

24. tuffy
    24 | June 14, 2009 8:16 am

Hey everyone, I proposed we all place bets on what charles will take a picture of next on the last thread. It’s Sunday, so you know it’s time for his self-aggrandizing and everyone on his site of course falls in line with the obligatory oohs and aahs over pictures that my niece could take with her disposable camera. So what do you think he’ll take a picture of next, as we all hold our breath?

25. Sparky
    25 | June 14, 2009 8:59 am

Was that a glitch I was getting? Back on line now.

26. vagabond trader
    26 | June 14, 2009 9:01 am

re: #24 by Sparky

Me too, thought it was vista behaving badly. Again.

27. Sparky
    27 | June 14, 2009 9:03 am

re: #25 by vagabond trader

Someones is under the hood me thinks. This is usually followed by something cool.

28. goddessoftheclassroom
    28 | June 14, 2009 9:04 am

I was getting nervous here for a moment!

29. Sparky
    29 | June 14, 2009 9:07 am

re: #27 by goddessoftheclassroom

No need, the Penguins are still the Champs!!

30. BBEV
    30 | June 14, 2009 9:10 am

Does anyone here have the link so I can change my pic?

31. 31 | June 14, 2009 9:11 am

re: #24 by Sparky

I had the same problem a few mins ago, got a boatload of emails about it.

32. 32 | June 14, 2009 9:12 am

re: #29 by BBEV

Check your facebook, ok?

33. goddessoftheclassroom
    33 | June 14, 2009 9:13 am

re: #28 by Sparky

LOL!

Confession: I was horrified when I learned that Sydney Crosby, whom I think is SO CUTE, was less than half my age…

34. BBEV
    34 | June 14, 2009 9:16 am

re: #31 by savage

Ha. I did

35. 35 | June 14, 2009 9:25 am

re: #33 by BBEV

kewl

36. 36 | June 14, 2009 9:27 am

Oh, Pam Geller’s birthday is today.

37. BBEV
    37 | June 14, 2009 9:36 am

Test

38. BBEV
    38 | June 14, 2009 9:39 am

re: #35 by savage

Happy Birthday Pam.

39. 39 | June 14, 2009 9:40 am

Uh Goddess, if you’re still around and asking? I’ve just gotten another “way below normal” Vitamin D score for the 4th time in a year in a half… docs are baffled. Please put me on the list for a blood abnormality and miraculious healing?

Thanks gal.

40. goddessoftheclassroom
    40 | June 14, 2009 9:45 am

re: #38 by The_Albatross

{The Albatross}

Done. I hope you’re not in pain or discomfort from this.

41. newsjunkie_ky
    41 | June 14, 2009 10:08 am

No Flag up at lgf1.0.

42. 42 | June 14, 2009 10:09 am

re: #40 by newsjunkie_ky

Nothing at Google either.

Dogpile has a flag up.

43. 43 | June 14, 2009 10:11 am

Netanyahu speaking now on Fox.

44. goddessoftheclassroom
    44 | June 14, 2009 10:12 am

BBL

Have a great day!

PS I think I’ve found a new search engine. Check out http://www.bing.com/

45. vagabond trader
    45 | June 14, 2009 10:21 am

re: #41 by LanceKates

lol, when you mention dogpile, I immediately thought of 1.0

46. BBEV
    46 | June 14, 2009 10:33 am

This is OT but I just had to post it. I am so tired of the left calling every nut job here in America a Republican or “right wing”

Violent extremists: Spreading the blame around

It’s not surprising that reactionaries on the left sought to paint their political opponents as responsible for the behavior of these killers. Political opportunism is hard to resist. But it is noteworthy that they don’t make the same sweeping generalizations about Abdulhakim Mujahid Muhammad, who allegedly shot and killed a young Army private at a recruiting station in Little Rock, Ark. Muhammad was a recent convert to Islam who spent time in Yemen, a known breeding ground for radical terrorists.

47. 47 | June 14, 2009 10:42 am

re: #44 by vagabond trader

Dogpile is a good search engine alternative to google.

Seem to put up special pictures for both touchy-feeling events and patriotic holidays.

48. 48 | June 14, 2009 10:44 am

re: #39 by goddessoftheclassroom

Not really, but am getting a little freaked out and not sure why my body’s not absorbing D or calcium…

Thanks gal, glad we got a list here.

Hey I gotta run (again) got a lesson in 15 min… but this it jaw dropping:

49. Sparky
    49 | June 14, 2009 11:15 am

re: #32 by goddessoftheclassroom

Hah! My wife is the same way, horrified but still looks, who am I to say. I still get in trouble for looking at the ice girls between periods. If I were a liberal I would find someone to blame, couldn’t be me.