Troopathon 2009 update

by Kafir ( 54 Comments › )
Filed under Military, Open thread at June 19th, 2009 - 3:47 pm

Update from Robert Spencer on Troopathon 2009!

Supporting our troops — Anti-Jihadists roaring back!

Hearty thanks to all those who supported our troops and ordered care packages today. This afternoon’s Troopathon 2009 Update shows The Anti-Jihadist team still in second place — but we won the day decisively. The Hot Air Steamers remain in first with $5,731.33 in care packages (compared to $5,631.34 this morning), with The Anti-Jihadists tallying $3,724.46 (compared to $2,799.61 this morning). The Anti-Jihadists scored a big upset in winning the Daily Prize!

The Anti-Jihadist Team:

Right Wing Bob
Theodore’s World
The Snooper Report
Undaunted
Weasel Zippers

blogger_shootout2

Please, give if you can. Let’s show the brave men and women serving in Iraq, Afghanistan and Guantanamo Bay just how much we appreciate them!

Tags: ,

Comments

54 Responses to “Troopathon 2009 update”

1. vagabond trader
    1 | June 19, 2009 4:17 pm

Great cause, I’ll be raiding ye olde piggy bank and you all should too.

2. m
    2 | June 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Me too, VT. I really can’t, but I did it anyway! lol

:D

GOD BLESS’EM! ! ! !

3. vagabond trader
    3 | June 19, 2009 4:35 pm

re: #2 by m

Amen!

4. krik_t_semaj
    4 | June 19, 2009 4:41 pm

This does seem over the top but from the POV of caution should be considered. I hope he’s wrong.
    Pass this around:

THE COMING REVOLUTION

IRAN JUNE 2009 – AMERICA NOVEMBER 2012

Written by Dr. Jack Wheeler

Massive electoral fraud to re-elect a president, massive public protests against the fraud, massive repression by the regime of the protestors – including beatings and killings.

That’s what’s happening in Iran in June 2009. It could also be what will happen in America in November 2012.

One of the dots connecting the two is a 74 year-old guy named Gerald Walpin.

That’s Walpin as in WalpinGate, the emerging scandal over Zero’s illegally firing him as Inspector General for the Corporation for National and Community Service and its AmeriCorps program.

Zero’s media fellatrices such as the New York Times or MSNBC have either ignored or dismissed the story. His media critics such as Glenn Beck or the Washington Times have narrowly focused the scandal on Zero’s firing Walpin because he had exposed the fraud of Zero’s friend, Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson.

Johnson is a red herring. Zero, as a master of misdirection, is hoping folks will think he’s just trying to protect a friend. The stakes are astronomically higher than that.

Kevin Johnson was a famous NBA basketball player in 1990s who went on to found a nonprofit organization, St. Hope Academy, which received close to $850,000 in federal grants from AmeriCorps from 2004 to 2007. In June 2008, he was elected Sacramento’s mayor.

By September, Walpin’s IG office had uncovered so much misuse of AmeriCorps’ money by Johnson that he agreed to repay half of it.

AmeriCorps was founded during the Clinton presidency. On April 22, President Zero signed a National Service bill tripling the program’s budget to $5.7 billion, which will greatly increase payments to AmeriCorps “volunteers” and expand their numbers to 250,000.

On May 29, “America’s first black Attorney General” Eric Holder dismissed a default judgment against Black Panthers caught on videotape intimidating voters with nightsticks during the November 4, 2008 presidential election.

Yesterday (6/17), Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (R-MN) announced that she will refuse to answer any questions for the 2010 national census other than the number of people in her household for fear that the information will be “abused” by ACORN census-takers.

Consider that the Saul Alinsky black racist-fascist community organizers of ACORN, the Black Panther thugs, and the quarter-million AmeriCorps “volunteers” are going to merge into one giant voter intimidation organization controlled by Michelle Obama via her chief of staff, Jackie Norris.

Think back now to last summer, when Candidate Zero talked of creating a “civilian national security force” that would be “just as strong and well-funded” as our military forces.

Yes, he wants his own basiji.

The basiji are the hired “voluntary militia” plain-clothes government thugs you see beating people to death with truncheons in Iran. Their clones are coming to America.

American Basiji will be billion-dollar funded, will massively distort the 2010 census figures in Zero’s favor, and by 2012 will be armed. Backed up by Zero’s media whores, voter fraud orders of magnitude greater than any in U.S. history will be committed in broad daylight.

Then the Second American Revolution begins – because the one great difference between Iran 2009 and America 2012 is 200 million guns in private hands, hands that know how to use them as opposed to ACORN amateurs.

Which is why between now and then you will see growing hysterical demonization of gun-owning “right-wing extremists.” Gun confiscation is a necessary condition for Zero’s 2012 electoral fraud to succeed.

We no longer live in normal times. We are soon going to be living in revolutionary times, as the people of Iran are now. If Iran is not to be the template for America then the struggle against Zero’s Basiji has to begin in 2010, not 2012. And well before the November mid-term elections, but in March when the Census is initiated.

Refuse to answer any questions, such as regarding your age or race – or alternatively, state your race as “human” – other than the number of people in your household.

Then in November, be prepared for Basiji Trial Runs in your voting district.

And in the meantime, work with outfits like ResistNet or FreedomWorks, and be sure and participate in a July 4th Tea Party. According to TeaPartyDay, TEA – Taxed Enough Already – parties are registered to take place in 1,230 cities.

Organize and prepare. On November 6, 2012, a Republican – my bet is that she will be Sarah Palin – will be elected president amidst massive violence and voter intimidation, defeating Zero (unless we can impeach him or otherwise cause him to resign first).

Within hours after the polls close, Zero will nonetheless be declared the winner via massive voter fraud. Then it’s tea party time for real. Lock and load. If we’re prepared, Zero’s Basiji won’t stand a chance.

5. NoThreat2U
    5 | June 19, 2009 4:43 pm

I have spread the word to all on my Facebook and MySpace pages. Just doing what I can at this point.

6. m
    6 | June 19, 2009 5:28 pm

re: #5 by NoThreat2U

That’s A LOT! And good idea!

7. jakee308
    7 | June 19, 2009 5:32 pm

For any of you who could use a good chuckle;
    Indiana Lawyer Wakes Up in Trash Can After Night of Drinking. Some of you may recall similar tales from your own “younger days”.

8. m
    8 | June 19, 2009 5:46 pm

re: #7 by jakee308

I’m trying to figure out the scenario that led to that. I wonder if he was looking for something in it (drunk and nosy but sleepy?) or looking for shelter (lost in his neighborhood?).

Maybe he was just taking a walk (ok, a stumble), minding his own business when he was attacked by a trashcan! yeah, that’s the ticket!

9. 9 | June 19, 2009 5:47 pm

re: #8 by m

He had to satisfy the old childhood question: How in the hell does Oscar the Grouch do it?

10. m
    10 | June 19, 2009 5:50 pm

Yep! That’s gotta be it!

11. m
    11 | June 19, 2009 5:51 pm

I wonder if someone put him there, lol!

12. 12 | June 19, 2009 5:53 pm

“Dude, it is a fact…. when you sleep in a garbage can, you win your next case!”

13. vapig
    13 | June 19, 2009 5:53 pm

Hello? Upstairs now!

re: #4 by krik_t_semaj

That’s some scary stuff, but not over the top any longer. tsk! Where has my country gone?

14. 14 | June 19, 2009 5:59 pm

re: #13 by vapig

It’s been taxed.

15. m
    15 | June 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Tested.

16. Sparky
    16 | June 19, 2009 6:00 pm

OK, I’m in. Now whatta I do? m help please, a little tired from dragging up beers.

17. vapig
    17 | June 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Oh great! Now I’m sure it’s gonna get hoppin here in a bit and I’m toast!

Have a loverly beer filled evening ya’ll!

18. m
    18 | June 19, 2009 6:05 pm

re: #16 by Sparky

Hey, I don’t wanna hear it. I offered to help~

;)

19. m
    19 | June 19, 2009 6:08 pm

krik_t_semaj~
    Great reminder about the tea parties, too. I was going to do a thread once a week for the last month, but things have gone crazy around here. I’ll have one up for the next two Saturdays [and the Friday before]. We need numbers.

And this one is on a Saturday!

20. Sparky
    20 | June 19, 2009 6:10 pm

re: #17 by vapig

By Vapig

re: #18 by m

It’s OK, the sanctity of said items is still intact
    :grin:

21. 21 | June 19, 2009 6:10 pm

re: #17 by vapig

no beer here. STILL not 100% yet.

I don’t know what the heck I have, but at least the fever hasn’t come back since wed night.

Folks were afraid it was the swine flu. Boy, remember when that got press? It was going to be the end of everything, then it dropped off the radar. Still getting new cases of it in many states.

22. Sparky
    22 | June 19, 2009 6:13 pm

re: #19 by m

More than numbers, we need to organize the message. Now is the time to bring the new candidates and old officials up on stage and read them the demands of protesters. Have them sign on the dotted line. Then we will know in black and white who to vote for. Talk is cheap.

23. 23 | June 19, 2009 6:14 pm

re: #22 by Sparky

But Talk is all they do, apart from pass bills to fatten the wallets of their friends and family.

24. m
    24 | June 19, 2009 6:14 pm

Goodnight vapig!

Lance, I hope you get to feeling better. I had a friend in SC that had some kind of flu and the first thing they asked her was if she had been to mexico. Scared her to death! (ok, not quite to death…)

25. Sparky
    25 | June 19, 2009 6:15 pm

re: #21 by LanceKates
    Day 4 for me brother, it may not be swine flu, but that’s what I’m blaming. Nothing really is helping so I’m drinking tonight.

26. 26 | June 19, 2009 6:16 pm

re: #25 by Sparky

Normally when I get sick, I am only out for 2 days, max. This has been a week.

27. Sparky
    27 | June 19, 2009 6:17 pm

re: #23 by LanceKates

Thats why they sign up, or get voted out. First on my list is term limits for all, including judges. If you can’t sign up for that you can’t have my vote.

28. Sparky
    28 | June 19, 2009 6:18 pm

re: #26 by LanceKates

Yeah, went to work yesterday, to work it through, being a tough guy, but it came back hard today. I am losing some quality weight ladies. Always a bright side.

29. 29 | June 19, 2009 6:21 pm

re: #28 by Sparky

My work week is Sat-Tuesday. Last week I worked on Saturday and started feeling poorly on the way home. Didn’t work Sun-Tuesday and go back to work tomorrow. I’m hoping I”ll make it through the day. I’ll have lots of cough drops with me. I talk all day. heh.

30. Ma Sands
    30 | June 19, 2009 6:21 pm

re: #26 by LanceKates

Friend of mine on FB….her niece just returned from the Honduras with the Swine Flu….they’ve quarantined their little toddler, hoping the child doesn’t get it…..

31. Sparky
    31 | June 19, 2009 6:24 pm

re: #29 by LanceKates
    Rotsa ruck with that Lance, I mean it. Tried to lift a ladder over my head, that was it for the day.
    Good thing Vapig is gone, or will be outted as whiners again. May I recommend Whiskey and Honey? Whatta ya got to lose.

32. m
    32 | June 19, 2009 6:24 pm

re: #22 by Sparky

You’re right. Sue Myrick has made the rounds to ours in the Charlotte area. I hope to see more of them.

33. m
    33 | June 19, 2009 6:27 pm

re: #23 by LanceKates

Only if we keep letting them, and apathy doesn’t help!

I’m not saying they are the “best and the brightest”, but they DO listen to voters. It just so happens the other side has been louder.

34. 34 | June 19, 2009 6:29 pm

re: #30 by Ma Sands

I was serious earlier, I’m amazed that there is no longer ANY press about it. Especially after all the pomp and circumstance when the outbreaks started.

35. Sparky
    35 | June 19, 2009 6:29 pm

re: #32 by m

Yeah ,why do so many of those Southern Girls get it.
    I got Boxer and Pelsoi. The only way to get rid of them is to annex SF as it’s own country. I’m good with that.

36. 36 | June 19, 2009 6:30 pm

re: #31 by Sparky

Nah, I’m still taking theraflu. I think I’d end up wandering the streets in my boxers if I mixed that with whiskey.

37. bar
    37 | June 19, 2009 6:30 pm

Sparky:

From the last thread:
    Your welcome.

After looking over that program, that was just after I first learned that thing maybe it was version 2.0 lol!

The programming itself is not so hard until the discrete or toggle codes come into play, it’s the graphics on that remote that kill me.
    As you know on an MX850, its all programming, no graphics to worry about.
    I have seen programs at remote central.com that floor me, I feel like a total hack when looking at some of those.

38. bar
    38 | June 19, 2009 6:33 pm

m

That shark jumping the tank, just sucks.

Was it a shark like this?

39. m
    39 | June 19, 2009 6:35 pm

re: #35 by Sparky

Sue doesn’t play around.

LOVE her.

40. m
    40 | June 19, 2009 6:38 pm

Bar, more like this ~ :)

Ok, my younguns are running me off the desktop. I’ll pop on the laptop in a bit!

Y’all be good!

41. Sparky
    41 | June 19, 2009 6:42 pm

re: #37 by bar

Those guys do it for show, I don’t have that big of an ego. Very few customers want to pay for that much control and glitz, but the ones that do, will open up the wallet. They’ve got the ego.
    If I see one- toggle on- piece to power up, that’s it, 400 time. I try not to use repair pages. I answer about 1 call a night from someone, usually about a stupid cable box. I do stay away from motorized projectors,screens and speakers. Not worth it in the end to me.

42 | June 19, 2009 6:49 pm

Listen you staker blog, the Troopathon 2009 is dominated by Creationists, Glenn Beck fans, Ron Paul’s people and by right wing extremists and neo Nazis.

Charles Johnson

43. Sparky
    43 | June 19, 2009 6:52 pm

re: #42 by Speranza0

What no mention here? I believe my views are considered extreme, even to other supposed right fakers(cough, cough CJ and CO..)

44. bar
    44 | June 19, 2009 6:54 pm

re: #41 by Sparky

So true. I here that.
    I only program the remotes, unless asked to do the other crap.

I always have to deal with toggle codes from some old VCR or other device that the client has, so that is why my layout has the “system on”, “system off”. Which also works fine for discrete codes, just keep pushing the button and one of these times it will work.

I wish I could learn others programming, but I taught everyone my crap at this company, so I never learn much, I just bitch a lot!

45. Sparky
    45 | June 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Bar, you gotta see the new pic thread over there. Gave my 6 yr old the Nikon to take pics of birds at the fountain today, much better.

46. bar
    46 | June 19, 2009 7:02 pm

re: #41 by Sparky

I should mention again, that program was before the MX400 came out and a client had 2 -- 50″ Plasmas both the same brand, so the trouble shooting page came into play as a work around.
    And we also have video distribution going on, so it gets confusing as all get up.
    Which TV is which and what picture is really where?

I also had to program a remote for this guys office where they watched Monday Night football on 3 identical TV’s, with 3 separate cable boxes, what a bitch that was. But the MX400 made it somewhat easier.

His employee training room also has 3 TV’s, being 2 -- 50″ Plasmas and a 4:3 projector, really fun stuff.

47 | June 19, 2009 7:03 pm

re: #43 by Sparky

The dipshit middle aged hippie with the pony tail will find a way to throw mud on this worthy venture.

48. bar
    48 | June 19, 2009 7:03 pm

re: #44 by bar

Over where?

I want to see!

49. Sparky
    49 | June 19, 2009 7:05 pm

re: #44 by bar

Hah, see if you can get to the new online courses at URC.
    Yeah I started after the 400 was introduced so I am spoiled.

re: #48 by bar

1.0 of course.

50. bar
    50 | June 19, 2009 7:05 pm

re: #45 by Sparky

Oh no, not that iphone picture of a bike tire crap again?

51. Sparky
    51 | June 19, 2009 7:07 pm

re: #50 by bar

Isn’t it pretty?

52. bar
    52 | June 19, 2009 7:13 pm

re: #51 by Sparky

Yeah, pretty damn ugly!

Fuck, eye candy anit rocket science, unless you are my nephew who cant take a picture of the damn road!

Sorry here is the damn road!

53. Sparky
    53 | June 19, 2009 7:21 pm

re: #52 by bar

But, but the nuance, you just don’t understand. Your nephew just took pictures, this is true art.
    ////
    Gonna try a Newcastle now and the Hot Tub.

54 | June 20, 2009 4:29 am