An Open Letter To President Obama

by Bob in Breckenridge ( 40 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Democratic Party, Media at June 26th, 2009 - 6:54 am

(This is a letter to the editor the New York Slimes refused to print or acknowledge.)

By Lou Pritchett

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don’t understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and ‘class’, always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the ‘blame America’ crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer ‘wind mills’ to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use ‘extortion’ tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O’Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Note: Lou Pritchett is a former vice president of Procter & Gamble whose career at that company spanned 36 years before his retirement in 1989, and he is the author of the 1995 business book, Stop Paddling & Start Rocking the Boat.

Comments

40 Responses to “An Open Letter To President Obama”

1. PrincessNatasha
    1 | June 26, 2009 7:17 am

If the son of a bitch serves a second term I will emigrate back to gott-damn Russia. You guys can have this communist. I am done.

2. no2liberals
    2 | June 26, 2009 7:23 am

re: #1 by PrincessNatasha
    This no-assed Marxist will never run me off.
    Unlike him, I was born here, as were my ancestors, and this country is worth fighting for.
    I think B-HO is a one term wonder like Jimmah Cahtah, only he is Jimmah on speed.
    I would almost relish seeing him in office with a GOP controlled Congress. This prissy piss-ant would go into a rage without the adoration he never knew as a child, and needs so badly.

3. 3 | June 26, 2009 7:41 am

re: #2 by no2liberals

I think you have it right, no2liberals. Our POS POTUS is more than likely a one-term-wonder. I think after 4 years of his marxist, nancy-boy stench the electorate will throw him out on his Nigerian-muzzie ass.

4. Bob in Breckenridge
    4 | June 26, 2009 7:43 am

re: #1 by PrincessNatasha

Natasha, just wondering, do you live in Illinois? I’m asking because there was a woman named Natasha who came here from Russia and who posted at 1.0 who lived in Skokie, IL., where I grew up. I was just wondering if you’re her.

5. Intravenousdemilo
    5 | June 26, 2009 7:44 am

I wonder if Hussein will ram a bunch of stuff through while we’re all focused on Michael Jackson’s death. The Mullahs are probably relieved for the break in attention, too.

/and of course, John Edwards is forever grateful

6. 6 | June 26, 2009 7:46 am

re: #1 by PrincessNatasha

I’ll move to Serbia with my Fiance or Australia or Costa Rica or Panama or Chile.

Seriously, this is ridiculous Obama is a Fascist/Marxist. Progressives are Totalitarian.

7. no2liberals
    7 | June 26, 2009 7:52 am

re: #3 by Foghorn Leghorn
    I’m not looking forward to it, but in about a year, when the hyper-inflation hits, from his profligate spending, the masses will turn on him viciously.
    If he can make claims that his Cairo speech spawned the freedom movement in Iran, then he can certainly take credit for this economy.

8. 8 | June 26, 2009 8:04 am

re: #7 by no2liberals

I hope you are right. The Progressive attack machine is ruthless and manipulative. Also the GOp needs to get organized and offer new ideas.

9. Runner
    9 | June 26, 2009 8:05 am

That’s a great letter.

That comment in the letter about Obama not being culturally American really resonates with me. I have long felt this about him. I don’t think I’ve mentioned this here or over “there” but BHO and I are the same age and I don’t feel anything in common with him. At least from an American cultural way. He didn’t grow up here. He didn’t watch the same television shows. He didn’t cheer the same sports teams, hell he didn’t cheer the same sports. He didn’t look forward to the “treat” of being taken to McDonalds, or other similar joint. I realize these are trivial things and generally thought of as insignificant but they are part of growing up in America. At least they were in my upbringing. And this is why I’ve had this feeling that Obama isn’t an American in the sense I’m discussing here. He strikes me as an outsider. And that’s caused me be in a funk ever since the election.

rant off.

10. Runner
    10 | June 26, 2009 8:06 am

re: #2 by no2liberals

I think there is truth to your statement about Obama going into a rage with a Republican congress and not getting his way. He really does seem like the type of kid who would stamp his feet and take his ball and go home. And then sneak back and TP your house!

11. no2liberals
    11 | June 26, 2009 8:14 am

re: #8 by Rodan
    We’ve seen this play before. New name, different actors and choreography, but in the end, whether he takes ownership of the mess we are in, or not, the masses will know it belongs to him, and it will stick.
    I think what happened between 1964 and 1966 is the best example, and eerily similar to now.
    1966 Mid-Term Elections.

Lyndon Johnson’s 1964 election landslide, big Democratic gains in Congress, and the subsequent flood of liberal legislation flowing from Washington persuaded many observers that the Republican Party was nearly defunct. At best, they reasoned, it would take years for the GOP to reconstitute itself and regain relevance in the American system.

Two years later, Republicans were revivified and on the brink of an era of increasing political success, including near-domination of presidential elections that Democrats have occasionally overcome but have not yet ended four decades later.

12. no2liberals
    12 | June 26, 2009 8:15 am

re: #10 by Runner
    He is a sniveling poseur.
    I think he would take the ball and go home, even if it wasn’t his.

13. imtoast
    13 | June 26, 2009 8:20 am

I’ll tell you the truth, I’m tired of waking at 2 a.m. every morning realizing we are now a third world country. I firmly believe that as of January 20th we live under a dictatorship.

14. no2liberals
    14 | June 26, 2009 8:22 am

Will wonders never cease.
    Finally, a MJ song that has some validity.

15. Justa Joe
    15 | June 26, 2009 8:24 am

This former exec at Proctor & Gamble has hit most of my beefs with Obama. I think it is not asking too much for an American President to have some connection with America.

I vaguely remember in Obortion’s senatorial campaign agaist Keyes some reporter asked Keyes something to the effect of, can you comment on the significance of 2 African Americans running for the senate, and Keyes said something like, Obama isn’t one.

Actually I found the quote:

”Barack Obama claims an African-American heritage,” Mr. Keyes said on the ABC program ”This Week” with George Stephanopoulos. ”Barack Obama and I have the same race — that is, physical characteristics. We are not from the same heritage.”

‘African-American’ Becomes a Term for Debate

16. bp_sf
    16 | June 26, 2009 8:26 am

Pardon if this has been posted.
    All here, bH0; evolution, etc.

A religiously-motivated billboard along Interstate 5 is grabbing a lot of attention. Not because of it’s message, but because of the message that was tagged on it. Someone spraypainted President Barack Obama’s last name on one part of that display turning an evolutionary debate into a racial one. The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is now looking into this very visible case of vandalism.

17. no2liberals
    17 | June 26, 2009 8:29 am

re: #15 by Justa Joe
    I agree that this letter hits on most topics that concern me, but I disagree with his choice of words.
    B-HO doesn’t scare me, he pitheth me off.

18. no2liberals
    18 | June 26, 2009 8:30 am

re: #16 by bp_sf
    A tacky billboard, both before and after.
    I’m certain every available resource is being used to find the culprit.

19. Justa Joe
    19 | June 26, 2009 8:37 am

re: #17 by no2liberals

You hit that one correctly. Obortion doesn’t scare me either personally. I do, however, have concerns about the damage that he and his donks are doing to the country and how much of it will be irrevocable.

I’m not scared of terrorists either I just want them smashed.

20 | June 26, 2009 8:43 am

I know Obama well. I have seen his type in scores of undergraduate and graduate class rooms.

21. no2liberals
    21 | June 26, 2009 8:44 am

re: #19 by Justa Joe
    Oh, I’m concerned, absolutely.
    It just makes me fighting mad, not afraid.

22. no2liberals
    22 | June 26, 2009 8:45 am

re: #20 by Speranza
    Same here, and the same ones gathering in a discrete location on campus, so they can fire up a spleef.

23. justin case
    23 | June 26, 2009 8:54 am

oh boy the times when i was on lgf and i had smug americans saying that europe is screwed and we deserve it because we voted for the trash in our goverment.

well look at what is happening now.
    and in such a short time as well.
    at least the light at the end of the tunnel will be the total death of sociliism.
    enjoy the ride while it lasts.

24. no2liberals
    24 | June 26, 2009 9:11 am

Monica Conyers pleads guilty to conspiracy.
    She faces up to 5 years in prison.

25. 25 | June 26, 2009 9:45 am

re: #24 by no2liberals

What happened to her husband? He’s a scumbag on the national scene.

26. 26 | June 26, 2009 9:45 am

OT: 92 Mexican police just arrested in a drug bust.

Not “Mexican police arrest 92″ . .. . but 92 mexican cops were arrested.

27. no2liberals
    27 | June 26, 2009 9:52 am

re: #25 by LanceKates
    He’s busy back-tracking on investigating ACORN.

28. no2liberals
    28 | June 26, 2009 9:53 am

For those who are constantly seeking out Nazis behind every shadow(you know who you are), we now have this weeks The Nazi Of The Week.

29. newsjunkie_ky
    29 | June 26, 2009 9:54 am

obama is a thug. liberals are trying to ram all these life-altering America-changing policies through as fast as he can. the liberals are afraid that Americans are beginning to pay attention and before we can fight back they are trying to ‘change’ American.

30. no2liberals
    30 | June 26, 2009 10:05 am

The Post-American Presidency
    JOHN BOLTON

Obama is the first post-American President. Central to his worldview is rejecting American exceptionalism and the consequences that flow therefrom. Since an overwhelming majority of the world’s population would welcome the demise of American exceptionalism, they are delighted with Obama.

One student interviewed after an Obama town hall meeting during his first presidential trip to Europe said ecstatically, “He sounds like a European.” Indeed he does.

31. no2liberals
    31 | June 26, 2009 10:39 am

Super Sarah is great.

“But the way he said it, he looked quite frustrated, and he looked so sad, and I just wanted to reach out to the TV and say, ‘John Kerry, why the long face?’”

32. goddessoftheclassroom
    32 | June 26, 2009 11:26 am

re: #31 by no2liberals

What’s even better is that she prefaced this by referring to Kerry’s “joke” about wishing that she’s go missing as another governor did…

33. Intravenousdemilo
    33 | June 26, 2009 11:27 am

re: #9 by Runner

Hadn’t considered it in that light before — excellent point. It also explains his elitist, global (read: anti-American) mindset.

34. Intravenousdemilo
    34 | June 26, 2009 11:30 am

re: #7 by no2liberals

And perhaps we can have revolution in the streets, like Iran — and we can tell Obama it was his “Cairo Speech” that did it!

35. Justa Joe
    36 | June 26, 2009 12:47 pm

re: #31 by no2liberals

The donks on that CNN thread went nuts on Palin without a single mention that Kerry started it. What a craven existense the libz and donks must have.

36. PrincessNatasha
    37 | June 26, 2009 1:35 pm

re: #4 by Bob in Breckenridge

I live in Indiana. But I do go to Chicago a lot because of the fantastic Russian and Polish restaurants and grocery stores there. I posted at 1.0 under the name Natasha.

38 | June 26, 2009 6:46 pm

re: #37 by PrincessNatasha

Why were you banned?

38. Aussie Infidel
    39 | June 26, 2009 10:31 pm

re: #38 by Speranza

She was too honest for her own good at 1.0!

39. Aussie Infidel
    40 | June 26, 2009 10:32 pm

re: #38 by Speranza

All of the good ones eventually go and the best end up at 2.0!

HEH!