by Bob in Breckenridge ( 59 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Democratic Party, Healthcare, Liberal Fascism, Media, Socialism at July 25th, 2009 - 2:21 pm

Alright all you doubting Thomases, I know what you’re thinking, but I don’t want to hear your conspiracy theories. Like that it was postponed twice because ABC didn’t want the American people to see the truth about socialized medicine, just as the libs were trying to ram through Obamacare when they thought we weren’t paying attention.

ABC News would never do that to its revered viewers. It was just a coincidence, don’t ya know!

And while I’m at it, please don’t claim that the libs were trying to pass a bill almost no one had read or knew what was in it, including the idiot libs who would have voted for it. Everything the libs do is for the good of us serfs, but we’re too stupid to know it.

Here’s a short video from earlier this year of Stossel interviewing a Canadian doctor, and a Canadian woman forced to come to the USA to get surgery for a blocked artery, when she had only a few weeks to live, that saved her life. The Canadian government called the procedure “elective” surgery, and refused to approve it. ABC disabled embedding the video, so click here to watch it.

Comments

59 Responses to “ABC twice postponed John Stossel’s grim look at socialized heathcare as the libs tried to pass it”

1. 1 | July 25, 2009 4:11 pm

This is like a dictatorship.

2. Bordm
    2 | July 25, 2009 5:52 pm

Hey admins!
    Is there a comment locked in limbo on the “Funny Obama Picture Open Thread”? The comment meter reads 80 comments but only 79 comments show in the thread.

3. vagabond trader
    3 | July 25, 2009 5:53 pm

More unkept promises. This is becoming epic.lol.

4. 4 | July 25, 2009 6:15 pm

we don’t need to look overseas. go to your v.a. hospital and interview vets.

current soldiers are treated ok, older ones like crap.

government healthcare…

5. no2liberals
    5 | July 25, 2009 6:36 pm

Bordm, I just checked the spam filter, and it’s empty.
    Could have been a trackback or ping that got dumped.

6. 6 | July 25, 2009 6:49 pm

re: #4 by LanceKates

I saw that Lance.

7. 7 | July 25, 2009 6:51 pm

re: #6 by Rodan

the stories I could tell about my dad would cause some of us to pick up pitchforks and torches…

8. 8 | July 25, 2009 6:52 pm

Same with My Grandfather and my Cousin. It is a mess the VA.

9. 9 | July 25, 2009 7:11 pm

saw 1 vet cry. so much pain over his hip. va wouldn’t do a replacement… too expensive, they just give him vicodin, and it doesn’t work anymore, but they won’t up it…. addictive.

10. Ma Sands
    10 | July 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Lance…..I didn’t know that…..has this been forever, or just lately?

11. 11 | July 25, 2009 7:37 pm

re: #10 by Ma Sands

been going on for years, especially older vets. soldiers currently fighting get good trauma care, it is the continuing care….

that is what we get to look foward to

12. Ma Sands
    12 | July 25, 2009 7:46 pm

re: #11 by LanceKates

That makes me sad…..I’ve occasionally had things to do with the vet centers around my area, over the past 35 years…..and did not know……got an old soldier (well, a little older than me, at least : ) who goes to my church…..I’ll talk it over with him…..thanks for the heads up!

13. 13 | July 25, 2009 8:14 pm

re: #12 by Ma Sands

stop by the va clinic and watch the vets

14. bar
    14 | July 25, 2009 8:16 pm

I recall some horror stories from vets. One was on 60 minutes back in the early 90′s. Some young female soldier went in for a simple procedure and ended up with a hysterectomy, oops, but to bad for her, being a soldier she was unable to sue.

Obummercare in action.

15. no2liberals
    15 | July 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Anyone want to give the USAF Dexterity Test a try?

16. Rose
    16 | July 25, 2009 8:39 pm

Man, this media complicity really makes me mad.

Sooner or later though, they will turn on Obama. They do have their pride, after all, and a (real) journalist is not in it to be a rubber stamp, printing press releases, not allowed to raise their hand during a “press conference.”

17. no2liberals
    17 | July 25, 2009 8:42 pm

re: #16 by Rose
    I hate to say it, but I think you will just have to remain mad about it.
    They are too heavily invested in him, at this point.
    They went all in with this guy, and I hope they lose it all.

18. Ma Sands
    18 | July 25, 2009 8:44 pm

re: #15 by no2liberals

Well, it took me ten tries to get past the 18….. : )

19. no2liberals
    19 | July 25, 2009 8:52 pm

re: #18 by Ma Sands
    Good job!!!
    You are now ready to fly a F-22Raptor.

20. Ma Sands
    20 | July 25, 2009 8:58 pm

re: #19 by no2liberals

Um…..I’ll have to check with my son’s father-in-law…..a Colonel in the AF…..working in the Pentagon currently --same place as vapig….. : ) --then I’ll know if that’s a bomber or not…..

21. bar
    21 | July 25, 2009 8:58 pm

I can only make it to 11 sec.
    I have played that before, I have never been passed 15 sec
    Maybe I need some new glasses?

22. no2liberals
    22 | July 25, 2009 8:59 pm

re: #20 by Ma Sands
    Hello Ma!
    Long time, no come see.
    Here’s a tip, if the plane model begins with an F it is a fighter. A B and it is a bomber.

23. no2liberals
    23 | July 25, 2009 9:01 pm

re: #21 by bar
    They have a thicker prescription than the one’s you are wearing?

Or maybe you should keep those stompers firmly planted on the ground.

24. Ma Sands
    24 | July 25, 2009 9:01 pm

re: #22 by no2liberals

Ah….okay….I think I remember that…..but, you know, I already am a pilot --haven’t flown for 30 years, though….. : )

25. bar
    25 | July 25, 2009 9:02 pm

re: #22 by no2liberals

Except the F-18 hornet, which is a fighter / bomber.

26. bar
    26 | July 25, 2009 9:03 pm

Wait, I think they call it the F/A 18 hornet.
    So forget what I just said, <—- I’m with stupid.

27. bar
    27 | July 25, 2009 9:05 pm

re: #23 by no2liberals

I always did well in Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.

I think I got 15 kills in just one mission, I was the man.

28. Ma Sands
    28 | July 25, 2009 9:06 pm

re: #26 by bar

bar, it doesn’t matter --except if you’re in one! : )

29. no2liberals
    29 | July 25, 2009 9:07 pm

re: #24 by Ma Sands
    I didn’t know you were a pilot.
    What did you fly, and what was your rating?

30. no2liberals
    30 | July 25, 2009 9:09 pm

re: #27 by bar
    I was gonna say…
    I quit playing video games after I got addicted to the Colecovision games in the early 80′s, and had to go cold turkey.

31. 31 | July 25, 2009 9:09 pm

re: #14 by bar

Soon we’ll all get the ability to get screwed over by the government, with regards to healthcare, and be unable to sue.

Isn’t it exciting? And dumbasses are leaping for the chance to make sure everyone suffers.

32. no2liberals
    32 | July 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Check this bad boy out.

33. Ma Sands
    33 | July 25, 2009 9:11 pm

re: #29 by no2liberals

Mostly Cessna 150s, 152s, and 172s…..single engine, visual flight rules……I loved those 150s! — like being up in the air on a child’s tricycle almost….. : ) I only garnered a total of 176 hours behind the controls, and always almost got airsick……but, like having a baby, one forgets the pain, afterwards, and only remembers the thrill of it all! : )

34. 34 | July 25, 2009 9:12 pm

re: #27 by bar

Nearly 5 WHOLE MB?

Woah!

*grin*

35. Ma Sands
    35 | July 25, 2009 9:13 pm

Ahhhhhh, no2liberals --you’ve made me homesick! ):

36. no2liberals
    36 | July 25, 2009 9:14 pm

re: #31 by LanceKates
    It’s looking more and more like that ain’t gonna happen.
    Liberal and Conservative Democrats Feud Over Bill.

37. no2liberals
    37 | July 25, 2009 9:19 pm

re: #33 by Ma Sands
    Proud of you, Ma.
    I always wanted to get my pilots license, but life got in the way.
    Never tired of flying, though, and never got air sick once. Not even during the night combat landings into Saigon, strapped into the cargo bay of a C-130. It was fun, with only incremental moments of how serious it was, what with SAM missiles being the reason we had to land that way.

38. Ma Sands
    38 | July 25, 2009 9:19 pm

Yeah, I was going to say --Ive been keeping track of the growing shakiness of the “fast track” that health thing’s been on……it appears that the backfiring of Obama’s attempt to play the victim card for blacks, kinda startled quite a few people into awakeness, finally!

39. Ma Sands
    39 | July 25, 2009 9:23 pm

re: #37 by no2liberals

Yes….I read your story on that, a month or so ago…..scared the heck out of me! : )

I think I took up flying because of my Dad….he wanted to, when he got drafted, in the Navy….but got turned down because he was unable to wink one eye at a time…. : ) So he ended up on one of the five of the 80 wooden tugboats that made it back from Normandy…..

40. no2liberals
    40 | July 25, 2009 9:24 pm

re: #35 by Ma Sands
    You ever hear about the Butterfly flying motorcycles?

I want one.

41. no2liberals
    41 | July 25, 2009 9:28 pm

re: #39 by Ma Sands
    Dang!
    Your Dad was a lucky young man.
    Learning to fly must have added to your confidence level tremendously.

42. no2liberals
    42 | July 25, 2009 9:30 pm

As to the president and his bud’s race-hustling, other people have encounters like Gates did, but they don’t see race, they just see cops.

43. Ma Sands
    43 | July 25, 2009 9:31 pm

re: #40 by no2liberals

Oh, my! Such versatility!

A friend took me up, a couple of years ago, in a very small helicopter with a glass bubble on it --with no doors! I will admit my stomach felt as if it were in a nightmare! : )

44. no2liberals
    44 | July 25, 2009 9:34 pm

re: #43 by Ma Sands
    Ha!
    Maybe you were meant to be on a boat, and your Dad in a plane.
    :mrgreen:

45. 45 | July 25, 2009 9:36 pm

re: #36 by no2liberals

We’ll see. They’re going to take a month or so off, then come back to the same bill (once the dustup dies down) add in some more pork and then pass it.

46. no2liberals
    46 | July 25, 2009 9:39 pm

re: #45 by LanceKates
    I doubt it will pass. If anything, more donks will turn against it after they get an ice bath from their constituents during the recess.

47. Ma Sands
    47 | July 25, 2009 9:40 pm

re: #42 by no2liberals

Yes! That is the proper perspective that anyone I know, would have had!

This Gates thing, is what Jesse Owens saw the beginning of back in 1970 and wrote his book “Blackthink” to try to shed so much light on it that it couldn’t grow……I’m reading it again, after having done so some 20 years ago…..

48. Ma Sands
    48 | July 25, 2009 9:44 pm

re: #44 by no2liberals

No, see --the thing the guys who taught me to fly, stressed, first and most, was that a plane has wings, and if the engine conks out, you must be prepared at all times, to glide the plane down……..it’s what taught me how to always leave myself an out, on the roads, driving --I learned to fly before getting my driver’s license….. : )

49. no2liberals
    49 | July 25, 2009 9:48 pm

re: #47 by Ma Sands
    I wasn’t aware that Jesse Owens wrote a book.
    It seems to me, you aren’t the problem, and that you should send that book to the Harvard race-hustler and his bud in La Casa Blanca.
    Mark Steyn had a great piece(as usual) on this topic.

As to the differences between the professor’s and the cops’ version of events, I confess I’ve been wary of taking Henry Louis Gates at his word ever since, almost two decades back, the literary scholar compared the lyrics of the rap group 2 Live Crew to those of the Bard of Avon. “It’s like Shakespeare’s ‘My love is like a red, red rose,’” he declared, authoritatively, to a court in Fort Lauderdale.

As it happens, “My luv’s like a red, red rose” was written by Robbie Burns, a couple of centuries after Shakespeare. Oh, well. 16th century English playwright, 18th century Scottish poet: What’s the diff? Evidently being within the same quarter-millennium and right general patch of the North-East Atlantic is close enough for a professor of English and Afro-American Studies appearing as an expert witness in a court case.

/too funny

50. 50 | July 25, 2009 9:48 pm

re: #40 by no2liberals

As cool as that is…. I’d still rather have this and this.

51. no2liberals
    51 | July 25, 2009 9:51 pm

re: #48 by Ma Sands
    Yes ma’am, you have to have situational awareness at all times.
    I learned the same thing by riding motorcycles, and started doing that long before I got my driver’s license, and I got that at the age of 14…no restrictions.
    I never once had a desire to be a hood ornament on some one’s car.

52. no2liberals
    52 | July 25, 2009 9:57 pm

re: #50 by LanceKates
    That bike is just one of those “because I can” type of things, with no practicality, and more problems to maintain than I would want to list.
    She’s a cutie fo’sho’.

53. no2liberals
    53 | July 25, 2009 10:06 pm

Who Did Obama Bully Today?
    You didn’t honestly believe he could forget his Chicago ways just because it was Saturday, did you?

It’s late.
    Y’all be excellent.

54. Ma Sands
    54 | July 25, 2009 10:09 pm

‘Night to you, too! : )

55. 55 | July 25, 2009 10:09 pm

re: #52 by no2liberals

Both are way the hell too dangerous to NOT maintain.

56. 56 | July 26, 2009 4:00 am

One of my sons in law, the one with my newest 4 month old gdaughter, is a disabled vet. He is in constant pain and they drag their feet deciding what care or procedure they will perform to correct his injuries or alleviate his pain.

And remember the VA is probably the premier example of Nationalized health care in the world and it isn’t very good.

Under Barry the Squatters plan my Wifffeee will have to go to ‘you cost too much, please die already’ counseling every five years.

57. 57 | July 26, 2009 7:36 am

This 5-year counselling thing is way beyond even what we have to put up with on the NHS. Leaps and bounds. Perhaps the sheer scope and audacity of the plan will be it’s downfall.

58. Ma Sands
    58 | July 26, 2009 12:58 pm

re: #56 by BenZacharia

Thank you, too, Ben. I will be in prayer for your granddaughter’s father…. ):

59. Intravenousdemilo
    59 | July 26, 2009 3:13 pm

re: #58 by Ma Sands

Me, too, BenZ. If it comes up, will you thank your son in law for his service and what he’s enduring because of it? I am very grateful.