An Unraveling Presidency

by Bob in Breckenridge ( 54 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Democratic Party at August 1st, 2009 - 3:43 pm

Great article from the blog “American Thinker” By Bruce Walker…

As I noted four weeks ago, Scott Rasmussen’s daily presidential tracking poll has shown a very steady increase in the number of Americans who have a “very unfavorable” view of Obama’s presidency and a corresponding, though less dramatic, decline in the number of Americans who have a “very favorable” view of his presidency. As of July 27, the negative gap between these two groups of highly motivated voters was ten percentage points. Polls which focus only on softer “favorable” and unfavorable” opinion still appear to keep the Obama Presidency in safe political water, but that is misleading for several reasons.

First, while Republicans were playing dead and the Leftist media were presenting Barack and Michelle on every magazine cover, buying a pet, and all the other oh-so-loveable things that a young family with cute children moving into a new home, no one had given Americans a reason to doubt that the president was a pleasant, well spoken, sensible man. He followed the script well. His conscious attempt to enact an FDR style “One Hundred Days” of change simply overwhelmed all political opposition by a combination of political muscle, timid voices of opposition, and the perception of dramatic popular support.

Now following his umpteenth address to the nation and his frequent press conferences, his pretense of bipartisanship is gone. In short, Obama has descended rapidly from the Magnificent to the Monotonous. He says the same sorts of things over and over again, but there is really nothing new in Obama at all. Throwing vast amounts of tax dollars into the economy, more or less willy-nilly, in an effort to “stimulate” growth is an old, failed policy. His solemn assurances that reforms will not take away, for example, a patient’s right to choose his physician, when there are several conflicting versions of health care reform floating around which seem to indicate otherwise, increasingly look like political grease to slide legislation through Congress.

Second, no presidency can be completely scripted. When Iranian people revolt against a truly revolting government, one that lies to its own Moslem voters about election results and shoots women protesters in the streets, what can a man like Obama do? Americans expect leadership, but Obama is in no sense of the word a leader. When a police force that is probably as politically correct and racially sensitive as any in the nation arrests a black professor, Obama makes a sincere, and profoundly silly and dangerous, comment. Inviting the policeman and the professor to the White House for a beer stops the bleeding but does not hide the scar. The more helpless and hopeless Obama appears, the more unhappy Americans will be with him as a leader (his personal popularity, though, will probably remain high much longer.)

Third, as I have noted often in the past, Americans are conservative. The Battleground Poll has put the percentage of Americans who are conservative at around sixty percent.

Read the rest here

Comments

54 Responses to “An Unraveling Presidency”

1. 1 | August 1, 2009 4:02 pm

Good article. Zero’s presidency is unraveling at an alarming rate. Just what I expected, but just what I prayed wouldn’t happen, ’cause it’s America that loses in the long run.

Now I can only pray that he will be a one term wonder.

2. Ma Sands
    2 | August 1, 2009 4:06 pm

[OT: Two years ago this very minute, my 35W freeway bridge across the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, MN, went down.....]

3. no2liberals
    3 | August 1, 2009 4:22 pm

A good spot for a few words from Jackie.

4. no2liberals
    4 | August 1, 2009 4:22 pm

re: #2 by Ma Sands
    Seems longer ago than that.

5. Ma Sands
    5 | August 1, 2009 4:25 pm

re: #4 by no2liberals

Yeah….a new one up and running, even, already…..

6. Ma Sands
    6 | August 1, 2009 4:31 pm

re: #3 by no2liberals

Wow! Maybe he should tell us how upset he REALLY is! / : )

7. no2liberals
    7 | August 1, 2009 4:33 pm

re: #6 by Ma Sands
    If he ain’t the “ultimate” he surely is the limit.

8. no2liberals
    8 | August 1, 2009 4:41 pm

As for the Rasmussen presidential tracking poll, one of my daughters and I have been tracking this daily, since Feb. It is a source of entertainment in text messages, emails, and phone calls.
    We let out a spontaneous WHOO-HOO the first day it became even, knowing that he would soon be tracking into negative territory.
    The approval/disapproval numbers have been consistently declining, and we find another blip in his inexorable decline, as today’s poll shows a -8, which is four points higher than a few days ago.
    The trend since inauguration day.

9. BBEV
    9 | August 1, 2009 4:51 pm

I said this before the election and I will say it again “Obama is a Communist”!

10. 10 | August 1, 2009 4:55 pm

re: #2 by Ma Sands

2 years now? Wow.

I’m telling you, I was on a load to the Kohls in Coon Rapids and if I hadn’t decided to take a break in Albert Lea, I would have been on that bridge that very minute it splashed down.

11. 11 | August 1, 2009 4:57 pm

re: #9 by BBEV

Racist! haha

12. Bordm
    12 | August 1, 2009 5:45 pm

OT: If any of you still had any doubt. Moronacus Rex aka Chuckles the Clown has gone full-blown barking moonbat

454 Charles
    8/01/09 8:32:20 am 2
    down
    up

re: #408 FQ Kafir

Dear Lizard King,

Please research this very important question in a credulous manner.

Guess what? I have been researching it, and I’ve learned that the right wing line on climate change is full of distortions and lies. Sorry, I know that’s not what you want to hear.

There is a plethora of scientists who reject the “consensus” of Global Warming.

No, there is not. The vast majority of scientists in climate fields accept the mountains of evidence that human beings are causing global warming. That’s a fact. You’re getting your talking points from ideologues.

Don’t forget to copy and paste the link into a new window, hazmat suits are optional but recommended.

13. 13 | August 1, 2009 6:08 pm

re: #12 by Bordm

I have noticed quite a lot of dissent there.

Ahh, more 2.0ers on ther way ahhhh!

14. BBEV
    14 | August 1, 2009 6:15 pm

re: #11 by savage

Racist! haha

People can call me what they want I could give a crap. But he is what he is ;-)

15. no2liberals
    15 | August 1, 2009 6:26 pm

re: #14 by BBEV
    I came to the same conclusion just after he won the donk primary, only my assessment was that he was a radical Marxist, and not of the ha-ha funny Marx family.

16. no2liberals
    16 | August 1, 2009 6:27 pm

re: #12 by Bordm
    Dang, Bordm!
    Just reading that, and knowing you went there to get it, makes me want another shower.

17. Bordm
    17 | August 1, 2009 6:45 pm

re: #16 by no2liberals

I have a sniffer program installed on this PC. I just tell it to locate the rankest smelling piece of manure and bingo, it locates another of Chuckles road apples. ;)

18. no2liberals
    18 | August 1, 2009 6:58 pm

re: #17 by Bordm
    Well, you certainly have that thing finely tuned.

I’ve just been sitting here jamming on some old Pantera and Down videos. Can’t go out and rock out tonight, so at least I have utube.

19 | August 1, 2009 7:15 pm

The Obamabots are still with him as are the media. However the fools who voted for him to show how open minded they were are having buyers remorse.

20 | August 1, 2009 7:15 pm

re: #15 by no2liberals

Oh I knew he was a hard core leftie from the moment I heard him speak at the donk convention in 2004.

21 | August 1, 2009 7:16 pm

re: #2 by Ma Sands

Bush’s fault!

22. no2liberals
    22 | August 1, 2009 7:17 pm

re: #19 by Speranza
    Big time buyer’s remorse.
    I’ve even heard college kids who recently graduated, and no jobs, expressing what a bad decision it was they made.

23. Bordm
    23 | August 1, 2009 7:18 pm

re: #18 by no2liberals

I enjoyed that, it’s a real toe tapper. Here’s 1 of my favorites.

24 | August 1, 2009 7:19 pm

re: #12 by Bordm

He really is a freaking loon. He buys into the algore bullshit!

25 | August 1, 2009 7:21 pm

re: #22 by no2liberals

However the hardcore ideologues will not admit they made a mistake, even if they become unemployed and homeless. The power of The One still lives in their souls.

26. no2liberals
    26 | August 1, 2009 7:25 pm

re: #25 by Speranza
    Winning became so important to the loons, they don’t know how to act now. Instead of showing any sign of victory, they are still as hate filled, and venomous as before. They are unable to comprehend consequences, as they are perpetual children, always trying to piss-off mom and dad.

27. no2liberals
    27 | August 1, 2009 7:27 pm

re: #23 by Bordm
    I never heard of her.
    I like both kinds of music, rock and roll, with a little country thrown in for good measure.
    Life is a highway.

28 | August 1, 2009 7:30 pm

re: #13 by savage

I have noticed quite a lot of dissent there.

Ahh, more 2.0ers on ther way ahhhh!

I think that even LGFers can sit on their hands only so much. LGF has become a tamer version of the Huffington Post.

29 | August 1, 2009 7:32 pm

re: #26 by no2liberals

I kind of thought that the loons were happier in the hateful opposition role rather then actually having to govern.

30. no2liberals
    30 | August 1, 2009 7:36 pm

re: #29 by Speranza
    Clearly that is the case, with happiness being defined in a very perverse fashion.

31. no2liberals
    31 | August 1, 2009 7:38 pm

Bordm, we can always do the pine top boogie.
    We have so many.

32. Bob in Breckenridge
    32 | August 1, 2009 8:05 pm

re: #12 by Bordm

It amazes me that anyone with a clue still continues to post at the shithole website of that libturd washed-up ukulele player/LOSER. I used to think there are still a lot of smart people there.
    Although the more I read what you guys post from his cesspool (Nancy blocked me from even going there, the gutless PUSSY!!!) I’m not so sure that’s true.
    How can mostly conservative people who for years thought they were posting on an obviously conservative blog still post there knowing that Chuckles has shown his true colors for the last couple of years, and is obviously no fan of conservatism, and is in fact a full-fledged libturd?
    All of us here, well, most of us, saw the change, and did not like what we saw, so we left of our own accord or were banned for pointing out the obvious, that LGF was no longer a blog for those who are conservative.

33. Bordm
    33 | August 1, 2009 8:07 pm

re: #27 by no2liberals

Now, that’s a truck!

She’s been around since the 60’s

I heard her sing in ’77, while stationed in England, became an instant and life long fan. She has an awesome set of pipes and is still belting them out.

Just about every thing she sings is golden, spend a bit of time listening to some of her stuff, you won’t regret it.

34. bar
    34 | August 1, 2009 8:12 pm

OT and ranting.

Salt mine BS!
    2 DVR’s -- Apple TV -- Sony BluRay player -- Sony audio/video receiver = “POS” IMO --
    3 Sony Flatpanel LCD’s 40″-52″ -- component video/audio switcher -- Russound CA4 -- 3 zones of audio/video -- 4 zones of audio only. 7 rooms in total.

All that in one “easy to use” remote control!

The salt mines is kicking my ass!

35. Bordm
    35 | August 1, 2009 8:20 pm

re: #34 by bar

LOL, here’s a big chunk of cheese and a piece of french bread to go with that …..

/feel better now?

36. bar
    36 | August 1, 2009 8:24 pm

re: #35 by Bordm

Yeah now I feel better.

37. bar
    37 | August 1, 2009 8:53 pm

In case I was not clear, and I wasnt. The salt mine is me programming that “easy to use” remote control.

I don’t personally own that equipment. I cant afford it, besides I would[nt] buy Sony crap stuff.

38. Bordm
    38 | August 1, 2009 9:02 pm

re: #37 by bar

Once you get it programmed, it will be easy to use.

/I’m guessing the packaging didn’t say “easy to program and easy to use.”

/rots of ruck round eye.
    :-)

39. Sparky
    39 | August 1, 2009 9:09 pm

re: #37 by bar

Ratza ruck dude, sounds like a nightmare. Call backs for sure. Sony bluray is the slowest loading unit known to man, Sony Eq sucks on the AVR. Just did one, feel for you. Remote codes had to be learned, oh so painful.

40. no2liberals
    40 | August 1, 2009 9:22 pm

bar,
    Sometimes the best thing to do is step back, take a break, and go at with a different ‘tude.

41. tuffy

Pimp Amazon like a cheap car salesman: CHECK

What am I missing??

42. bar
    42 | August 1, 2009 10:50 pm

re: #40 by no2liberals

So true.

And one step at a time, then its no problem…. just one step at a time..

43. Bordm
    43 | August 1, 2009 10:55 pm

Here’s a music vid of a friend of mine.

After their gigs, she and a bunch of other Houston musicians used to stop by the house I was living at and jam until the sun came up.

I first met Carolyn at Dan Electro’s Guitar, Dan’s is still open.

44. Bordm
    44 | August 1, 2009 10:58 pm

re: #41 by tuffy

Smear anyone he disagrees with.

45. Bordm
    45 | August 1, 2009 11:23 pm

Here is another of my favorite vocalists. She’s sold over 300 million albums world wide.

You might recognize the other vocalist in this duet.

46. Bordm
    46 | August 1, 2009 11:52 pm

Here is a great rocker, extra points awarded if you can identify what classic TV show she appeared on and the name of the character she played. Hint, one of the principal actors recommended her for the part because he liked this song.

47 | August 2, 2009 12:17 am

re: #41 by tuffy

You forgot:

Denigrate those who suspect Obama may not be eligible to be President and/or may be hiding unsavory actions/connections in his past. CHECK

Denigrate anti-Jihad bloggers: CHECK

Denigrate Tea Party protesters as Ron Paul whackjobs: CHECK

48. RickMZ
    48 | August 2, 2009 4:05 am

re: #25 by Speranza

The power of The One still lives in their souls.

You might find this interesting as part of the explanation for that (Warning: A long explanation). With all the Beatles-like hysteria going on over a politician, a politician!, I knew something was up. Just didn’t know what.

An Examination of Obama’s Use of Hidden Hypnosis Techniques in His Speeches

I remember back in the early 80′s, my friend and I would study the Absolut ad on the back of the Sunday NYTimes magazine, looking for the subliminal messages. And believe me, they were there. Why wouldn’t an advertizing technique be used by a commie campaigner? The bits about the speech cadence and the repetition of words and phrases rings true. Say this phrase often enough, and it becomes an internal poem of religious ferocity: “We -- are the ones -- we’ve been waiting for.”

It also explains why Obama does not like to go off script — and not just because he’s an idiot. The pre-planned message Obama speaks has been worked out in minutiae.

re: #46 by Bordm

Happy Days. Pinky Tuscadero (sp?).

(No search engines were used in the answering of this question.)

49. 49 | August 2, 2009 6:53 am

re: #12 by Bordm

Chuckles resorts into his predictable argumentum ad populum fallback position. Chuckles doesn’t seem to understand that if any of those “scientists in climate fields” express doubt about AGW, then they will lose their government funding, and thus, their jobs. You cannot have genuine scientific enquiry in a politicized enviroment.

Did you ever notice how Chuckles never really deals with specific evidences when defending either global warming or Darwinism? All he does in either appeal to authority or ridicule. He’s a perfect leftist ideologue.

It has been my experience that those like Chuckles who constantly accuse others of being either unscientific or ideologues are usually the ones who are the unscientific ideologues.

50. bar
    50 | August 2, 2009 7:35 am

re: #39 by Sparky

There better not be any call backs, damn it.
    I just discovered yesterday how slow that Sony BluRay is… It may have loaded by now?
    And the Sony receiver has no “discreet” on/off, it’s a toggle… and you cant reassign any of the ports, it’s a lame piece of …..
    Now the Sony LCD has discreet power, WTF Sony????

I wish Sony into the cornfield….

51. tuffy
    51 | August 2, 2009 8:51 am

re: #44 by Bordm

re: #47 by The Osprey

Ah yes, check, CHECK and CHECK!

52. Bordm
    52 | August 2, 2009 11:03 am

re: #48 by RickMZ

Soooo close! Happy Days is correct, but she played Pinky’s sister Leather.

Missed it by that much.
    /channeling Don Adams

re: #49 by Escovado

Exactly, Mr. Nail allow me to introduce you to Mr. Hammer

53. 53 | August 2, 2009 11:56 am

re: #47 by The Osprey

Well, CJ is at it again…

Nirther Craziness Gets Worse (remember to copy and paste the URL)

To quote the lizard king:

Today we get a ludicrous effort by head Nirther Orly Taitz to foist off an obviously fake “Kenyan birth certificate” with Barack Obama’s name on it.

Update to this comment: Well someone, not CJ orcourse, finally started to explain why the certificate is a fake: Fake Obama Kenya birth certificate?

Just because Hillary Clinton’s Presidential campaign did not pursue Zero’s status as a natural born citizen that does not mean it is not an issue. If Zero was born in Kenya, then that would not only disqualify him as President but it would also call into question his legal citizenship status and thus is eligibility to serve in the Senate also. The Democrats are many things, but stupid isn’t one of them; they would not want to lose a seat in the Senate.

Yeah…call me a “nirther” if you want, but Zero’s refusal to release his long form birth certificate raises suspicions rather than lowering them. I just want the truth, thank you.

54. RickMZ
    54 | August 2, 2009 12:10 pm

re: #52 by Bordm

Well, like I said, no search engines . . .

I never watched Happy Days, just caught passing glimpses as a college roommate loved the show (and reruns were popular). Plus, we all know how many brain cells were left strewn around on the floor to die in college. Sort of like Obama’s definition of post-abortion natal care in a closet.

So who was Pinky Tuscadero? Anybody musically famous (or not)?