Well, hell, it’s Sunday morning, so…

by Bob in Breckenridge ( 215 Comments › )
Filed under Military, Nuclear Weapons, Open thread at August 9th, 2009 - 12:02 am

Why not have an open thread about whatever you’d like to comment on.

Oh, BTW, we all know that Chuckles the washed up ukulele player loves to post pics on her open threads of Chinese tankers, so I thought I’d post a picture of why America kicks ass.

The three aircraft carriers you see are, in the foreground, the U.S.S Ronald Reagan, in the middle is the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk, and in the background is the U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln.

I don’t know the names of the Guided Missile Destroyers seen with the carriers and designed to protect them, but I know that they can put a world of hurt upon any country that f**ks with us, if The Zero™ allows them to do what they were designed and built for.

That being said, our enemies don’t even want to attempt to mess with our carriers, because they know we’ll put a major case of whoop-ass upon them if they do.060618-N-8492C-276

Comments

215 Responses to “Well, hell, it’s Sunday morning, so…”

1. vagabond trader
    1 | August 9, 2009 3:16 am

A beautiful sight!G-d bless them all!

Why the middle class remains important:

2. 2 | August 9, 2009 4:03 am

That was us, 80 years ago. For 400 years our navy was the pride and power of our country. 400 years of total dominion over the sea and just one generation after people like Obama got into power here it was gone. Just like that.

3. vagabond trader
    3 | August 9, 2009 4:18 am

re: #2 by archonix

No offense,but we aren’t there yet,and will not roll over for comfy false promises of government engineered social utopia.Plus we don’t have an empire to lose,tho we will aggressively defend our Constitution if need be.

4. bp_sf2nj
    4 | August 9, 2009 4:23 am

Good Morning!

What awesome firepower!

Something’s bugging me.

“So much”.

As in 2009′s fake phrase; “Thank You SO MUCH”.

The most gratitude-less Thank You possible.

Now men are saying it. At Starbucks.

Replaces 2008′s airhead english; the suffix “AS WELL”. Redundant and laughable.

Have a nice day! Thank you so much!

5. 5 | August 9, 2009 4:29 am

re: #3 by vagabond trader

I have no doubt about that. It’s just worth bearing in mind that things can change very fast if you look away for even a moment.

6. goddessoftheclassroom
    6 | August 9, 2009 4:31 am

Good morning, y’all! Please let me know of any additions or updates.

Blogmacracy Prayer List 8/9
    Prayers for thanks, praise, comfort, strength, healing, and hope

Community issues:
    American soldier held by the Taliban
    The People of Iran
    First responders: firefighters, police, EMTs.
    Blessing and protection over all of us during these times.
    Our government
    Our troops
    Israel
    Georgia/Ossetia
    Gilad Schalit, for his release.
    The contractors still held hostage
    Brian at Snapped Shot: for justice

Thanksgivings
    m: husband recovered from motorcycle accident
    Rozana Saberi: release of American political prisoner in Iran sentenced to 8 years in prison

Health issues:
    LanceKates: Mother’s hip replacement
    Cloudy Day: Aunt is in the hospital
    The Albatross: blood abnormality and miraculous healing
    Intoast: father suffered stroke
    Coz: brother-in-law, Shane Williams
    Jlfintx: wife
    Scrat: Pops has stomach problems and cancer growing on his spine
    BBEV: wife
    vagabond trader: friend’s mother has cancer; going in for chemo.
    vapig: recovering from back injury

Family, friend, and life situations:
    Cloudy Day: strength and comfort
    Smokefire: Griswold family
    Speranza: friend Melody in danger of losing job & John R.
    vapig: searching for new job
    newsjunkie_ky: son-in-law facing lay off
    Coz: passing of his sister-in-law, Becky
    Zeebeach: for employment
    Vagabond trader: friends Tony and Amy looking for a new home
    Smokefire: friends in market for new house in Louisiana
    Imtoast: husband looking for a job
    GotC: strength and hope

7. vagabond trader
    7 | August 9, 2009 4:49 am

oopsie, ignore

:D

8. vagabond trader
    8 | August 9, 2009 4:52 am

re: #6 by goddessoftheclassroom

GoTC, nice to see you.

My friends looking for a house,done deal!

Griswold family on the mend and great neighbors assisting with rebuilding.

Vapig got the job too.

Thanks

9. no2liberals
    9 | August 9, 2009 5:03 am

U.S. Aircraft Carriers Vulnerable to Attack?: The Ticking Time Bomb.

The uninvited guest: Chinese sub pops up in middle of U.S. Navy exercise, leaving military chiefs red-faced.

The lone Chinese vessel slipped past at least a dozen other American warships which were supposed to protect the carrier from hostile aircraft or submarines.

And the rest of the costly defensive screen, which usually includes at least two U.S. submarines, was also apparently unable to detect it.

We have a magnificent Navy. However, surface ships will always be vulnerable, especially with determined enemies like China.

10. jakee308
    10 | August 9, 2009 5:06 am

re: #1 by vagabond trader

GMTA

From the same:

The chutzpah of the townhall libel.

AND

(This one you should really read as it explains SO MUCH about the underlying history and aims of our current resident of the White House).
    The Demolition Man: Building the Anti-America

11 | August 9, 2009 5:11 am

Pathetic suck up!

633 realwest 8/08/09 10:25:30 pm reply quote

* 1
    * down
    * up

re: #599 Salamantis
    I couldn’t agree with you more Sal.

12 | August 9, 2009 5:12 am

That Charles has become another algore environmental whacko.

13. vagabond trader
    13 | August 9, 2009 5:13 am

re: #10 by jakee308

Read that too!Love AT,first thing I read every morning,some topnotch minds there.

The nihilist potus, it fits.The good news, avg citizens of all affiliations are waking up, better late than never.

My older brother, a 66 year old disabled vet was asking me about attending the Sept 12 protest in DC.This from a lifelong quietly conservative man.

14. vagabond trader
    14 | August 9, 2009 5:15 am

re: #11 by Speranza

Gaaah, “Sal” gave me the creeps, right up there with the other reprobate Jimmah.

Always yapping about their “manhood” or abortion, blecccch.

15. no2liberals
    15 | August 9, 2009 5:17 am

Final 2008 tally in: Bill Clinton edges out Santa.

The official results of the 2008 presidential and congressional elections were released Thursday by the Federal Election Commission, nearly nine months after voters went to the polls.

The top races were widely covered in the media, but the new report sheds light on a unique, parallel, political contest: tens of thousands of votes cast for write-in candidates, ultra-fringe parties, and fictitious (or erroneous) contenders.

As I’ve said before, laugh often.

16. Pragmatist
    16 | August 9, 2009 5:20 am

Ahh all those ships but what a waste the WAR IS OVER Obambi has come and the world is a peace at last the planet cooling the waters receding and man at one with man all thanks to him the great Messiah. Mohammedans don’t hate ANYBODY now not even each other and the swords will be beaten in to plow shares and the roadside bombs in to Bar B Q’s and the Koran will be TRANSFORMED it will be all peaceful and loving and not at all repetitive tedious boredom , nonsense, antisemitism, misogyny , violence and Arab Supremacism. Oh look a squadron of pigs just flew by how nice.

17. vagabond trader
    17 | August 9, 2009 5:23 am

re: #15 by no2liberals

Well, I can see how someone might confuse Santa with Bill Clinton.

:D

18 | August 9, 2009 5:29 am

This woman is not going to have a long shelf life at LGF.

670 Alberta Oil Peon 8/08/09 10:44:55 pm reply quote

* -5
    * down
    * up

re: #587 Charles

That’s too bad, because this isn’t your blog, and you don’t get a say in what is posted here.

Right, Charles. It’s your blog, and you are giving your own blog a black eye by posting this polemicist’s nonsense. You are blowing your hard-won anti-Idiotarian credibility.

Face it, Peter Sinclair is using much the same presentation style as does the Discovery Institute. Perhaps he is on the side of the angels; that still does not alter the fact that he is a very sloppy worker, or worse

675 Charles 8/08/09 10:46:41 pm reply quote

* 5
    * down
    * up

re: #670 Alberta Oil Peon

Bullshit. There are facts in the video above, and the ones who look foolish are the people who tried to distort the science — Alan Carlin and those who promote him, like the fanatical Dominionist James Inhofe.

The ones who use Discovery Institute tactics are the Carlins and the Inhofes.

19. 19 | August 9, 2009 5:29 am

Meanwhile back on dry land the gov has a new job posting.

Internment/Resettlement Specialist
    for
    Civilian Internee (EPW/CI) camps

20. no2liberals
    20 | August 9, 2009 5:32 am

A wonderful photo essay on the protests in Denver for the visit by Piglosi.
    Some of the pro-B-HO protesters are illegals snatched up from a day laborer center.
    Here is the best one:

This is Laura Avant. She has a degree in social working science, is a substitute teacher, and has been unemployed for seven years. She is taking names for a petition and when I asked her how she found out about the event she said “My organizer called me.” I said “You’re kidding.” She said, “No, look: he’s right there -pointing to the guy with the bullhorn – he’s from Organizing for America.”

At this point, a number of the astroturfers departed, including Laura. She told me that transportation was waiting to take them to Nancy Pelosi’s next event at Highlands Ranch.

Astroturf usually doesn’t have an aroma, but this does and it smells like fertilizer.

21. no2liberals
    21 | August 9, 2009 5:34 am

re: #16 by Pragmatist
    I will loan you one of my / if yours is broken.

22. no2liberals
    22 | August 9, 2009 5:35 am

re: #17 by vagabond trader
    Ha!
    Yeah, but for him to get more votes than Santa?
    That’s just wrong.

See y’all a little later.

23. vagabond trader
    23 | August 9, 2009 5:37 am

re: #20 by no2liberals

But but but the mobsters had swastikas on their Brooks Bros. suits and were saying baaaad things about The Obama, because they’re racist and are employed by big insurance and Glenn Beck.

///

24. vagabond trader
    24 | August 9, 2009 5:40 am

Britannia may not rule the waves anymore but they still have heroes.

25. no2liberals
    25 | August 9, 2009 5:41 am

re: #23 by vagabond trader
    Sure they were, it’s tough to live A Day in the Life of a Right-Wing Extremist

9:00 AM:
    Crawl out of bed, go downstairs and hit the “on” switch for my Anger Manufacturing Plant, located conveniently in the basement — right next to my wine cellar.

9:10 AM:
    Sign a few five-figure checks from the big drug and insurance companies and instruct Consuela to go deposit them in my bank account.

9:30 AM:
    Go back to sleep with my life-sized Founding Fathers dolls, dream of freedom from the socialist Obama regime.

10:00 AM:
    Wake up due to the noise created by the lawn crew with their jobs, and work on the astroturf. Smile and realize how much this must anger liberals.

10:05 AM:
    Crawl over the 1,000 printed pages of the ObamaCare bill and yell at the lawn boys. Tell them to hurry because we will begin drilling for oil in the yard, any minute now.

12 PM:
    Wake up again. The drilling has begun in my backyard. Consuela is crying because she found an oil coated baby seal beached by the koi pond.

*snort**chuckle*
    Read the rest…it’s tough, tough I tells ya’!

26. jakee308
    26 | August 9, 2009 5:46 am

re: #9 by no2liberals

While I wouldn’t discount the story 100% as the Chinese DID steal (with Toshiba’s help) the technology to fabricate ultra silent propellers, (Thank you Bill Clinton {spit}) I wouldn’t get too agitated by this.

1. The Chinese sub appearing in the midst of the formation is not that alarming. Think about it. The group was in International waters, waters that are considered by the Chinese much in the way we would consider the Atlantic Coast; i.e. there ain’t much the navy could do to STOP THEM.

2. The source of this story is a NATO ‘official’. This could be the Chief Cook from the Officer’s mess at the Brussels’ HQ.

3. NATO is not especially fond of the U.S. Navy (they don’t consider it a primary tactical asset due to the geography of their major focus; i.e. western/eastern Europe) and it’s full of enough petty,jealous small minded egotists who delight in poking fun at the U.S. Military expense. (Don’t try to figure out why, reason and logic don’t matter when National Pride and Military Ego is in the mix.)

4. Do you really think that the discussions and conversations between the Joint Chiefs and CincPac Officers were made available to some button polisher in Belgium? Rumors in the NAVY and NATO are like mushrooms: they grow in the dark and damp places and prefer to grow on manure or other detritus. So consider the source.

5. Do you really think that the U.S. Navy wants to reveal how well they can track Chinese subs by making a fuss for all to hear when one enters their AO?

6. Aircraft and surface craft encursions and such cannot be ignored as the Russians can attest so the Navy has to acknowledge those by sending up a couple of F/A-18′s to say HI. Do you, or anyone else, know WHEN they were detected? No, and that’s because we don’t want to reveal our capabilities. Again, keep in mind that the Navy operates for the most part in International waters and thus CANNOT LEGALLY STOP OTHER CRAFT FROM ENTERING IT’S AREA OF OPERATION.

In conclusion I’d like to note one other thing; why do you think the Chinese sub surfaced when it did? Do you think they thought it would be cute to let the NAVY know they were tracking them and how close they could get without being detected?

I don’t think so.

I think that the Chinese sub was being tracked and shadowed by the U.S. subs, that are always part of a carrier group, from the get-go and when they began to intercept the course and security perimeter of the group, were “encouraged” to surface by maneuver tactics that would be “threatening” to say the least. (those NAVY sub sailors are a crazy bunch and who wants to dent their nice new boat just to prove a point?)

Remember how the NAVY ship “collided” with the Chinese sub not too long ago?

“OOPS. Gee china, even though we were towing a SONAR ARRAY, we DIDN’T HEAR OR SEE YOU. Sorry for the ‘accident’. Its so hard to get good sailors at the helm these days. Can we pay for the damage to your little boat? We can come look at the damage and help you repair it if you want?”

Get the picture?

Addendum: once again a journalist shows their ignorance of the military and their lazy/non-existent approach to investigation of a source’s lead.

27. vagabond trader
    27 | August 9, 2009 5:49 am

re: #25 by no2liberals

Keeper, muwahahaha!

I would add a personal touch:

6am: Go down to the basement, empty the family Joooo-ray device, its an heirloom disguised as a dehumidifier.

28. bp_sf2nj
    28 | August 9, 2009 6:08 am

Thanks no2libs for the Denver pics link.

Remember when Hilldabeest stated “Dissent Is Patriotic?”

29. AndyMacOP
    29 | August 9, 2009 6:35 am

re: #6 by goddessoftheclassroom

I will remember these intentions when I celebrate Mass this morning.

30. AndyMacOP
    30 | August 9, 2009 6:38 am

Thanks for posting this photo. I spent a couple of weeks on the Kitty Hawk in the 80′s and consider my time in the Navy a small donation to the freedom we all enjoy…for now.

Which brings me to the point of my belief that the Commander in Chief must have worn the uniform of this country at some time in order to be an authentic leader of the military. My opinion, but I think others might agree with me.

31. Play Nice
    31 | August 9, 2009 6:39 am

re: #11 by Speranza

Please don’t bag on RealWest; he is not a suck-up to Charles or anyone else.

You are entitled to your opinions, but he (realwest) is a good friend of mine and Iron Fists. We know him very well. He is NOT a suck-up.

Sorry, but I can’t let anyone dis my friend.

I know why he’s still posting on LGF, and it has NOTHING to do with Charles.

32. Play Nice
    32 | August 9, 2009 6:44 am

re: #15 by no2liberals

I was tempted to vote for Pat Paulson (dang, age give away), but decided a vote against Obama was more important so I pulled the lever for McCain.

I’m a very frustrated conservative with on party to call my own. The Repubs are useless, leaderless morons and the Dems Socialists are dangerous.

I sure hope someone, somewhere gets it before it is too late.

33. vagabond trader
    33 | August 9, 2009 6:44 am

re: #30 by AndyMacOP

Was thinking the same this morning, totally agree.

34. Play Nice
    34 | August 9, 2009 6:45 am

Does it have anything to do with cigars???

re: #17 by vagabond trader

Does it have anything to do with cigars???

35. vagabond trader
    35 | August 9, 2009 6:46 am

re: #34 by Play Nice

From what I recall Santa smokes a pipe, Bill, don’t even want to go there!

36. Play Nice
    36 | August 9, 2009 6:52 am

re: #35 by vagabond trader

I knew tabacco was involved.

Maybe it’s the red cheeks. Santa’s because he’s too warm in that red velvet suit, Bill’s because he’s got alcoholic’s rosetia.

37. 37 | August 9, 2009 7:03 am

re: #18 by Speranza

I”ve gotten to where I hear Al Gore’s voice from his stupid movie when I read Charles’ comment.

HIS side has the “Facts” and the other side is a bunch of evil weenies….. that’s Charles’ logic.

38. 38 | August 9, 2009 7:04 am

re: #25 by no2liberals

you have life sized dolls of the Founding Fathers too? I have one that says “Liberty or Death!” over and over. Really gets me going…..

39. vagabond trader
    39 | August 9, 2009 7:06 am

From the daily outrage.

Terrorists=victims

Violation of citizens rights= no big deal and we won!

40. m
    40 | August 9, 2009 7:13 am

re: #31 by Play Nice

I love {Realwest} to death. I met him in person. He is such a sweet man and I’d do anything for him (he knows that). But I am very disappointed in his choices at the moment. I understand them, though.

Unlike Charles, I don’t write off my friends for disagreeing with me on something, and I hold out hope that {Realwest} will find a better “online community” to hang out at. There are so many out there.

41. m
    41 | August 9, 2009 7:17 am

re: #39 by vagabond trader

ah! I couldn’t even make it through. Bin Laden types laugh at us.

42 | August 9, 2009 7:56 am

WHAT?! Name one “climate change” catastrophe to date.

I view this as a THREAT to anyone challenging the ideology.

What a propaganda whore the grey lady has become.

Disgusting.

43 | August 9, 2009 7:58 am

And it’s a shame that with all the responsibility that comes being the U.S. attorney general, all Eric Holder wants to do is crucify the Bush administration.

I wonder how much real crime he’s missing.

44 | August 9, 2009 8:01 am

re: #39 by vagabond trader

Oh- sorry. I see you got there first with the Holder thing.

I get so excited sometimes.

45. vagabond trader
    45 | August 9, 2009 8:09 am

re: #42 by Bumr50

This caught my eye.

The conflict in southern Sudan, which has killed and displaced tens of thousands of people, is partly a result of drought in Darfur.

Nice try NYT, but people who don’t rely on your failing rag know that the Islamists caused the displacement and death in Sudan.

46. off with my head
    46 | August 9, 2009 8:10 am

From crazy Minnesota:

You are a racist if you are a birther (StarTribune):

47. Ma Sands
    47 | August 9, 2009 8:17 am

re: #45 by vagabond trader

How it sets my teeth on edge at each untruthful statement in the media!

48. 48 | August 9, 2009 8:18 am

Meanwhile back on the block Aljuha and Hasib have been arrested for the brutal murder of Holocaust Survivor (Auschwitz) Felix Brinkman.

Prof. Gates & West were unavailble to comment on how this was not racist.

49. Ma Sands
    49 | August 9, 2009 8:21 am

re: #46 by off with my head

Now, listen! --you can call SOME of the people here in my home state “crazy” if you want to --but not to lump us ALL into that category (at least in things that matter : )

I’ll have you know that my Dad spent his life struggling to build a competitive newspaper, just to combat that….that….Star/Trib!

/ : )

50. Ma Sands
    50 | August 9, 2009 8:26 am

re: #48 by BenZacharia

Thank you. That is closure, of a sort. But I tell ya --what a story! So sad the guy had to die, though….

51. BBEV
    51 | August 9, 2009 8:32 am

Good morning all. How is everyone doing today?

52. m
    52 | August 9, 2009 8:36 am

Hi BBEV!

53. BBEV
    53 | August 9, 2009 8:41 am

I hear that Iron Fist has come over to the dark side.

54. Ma Sands
    54 | August 9, 2009 8:52 am

(Thank you, {m}, for the hug and the words of comfort on the previous thread.)

55. BBEV
    55 | August 9, 2009 9:01 am

Sorry I have not been around much, the wife has not been doing well and it has been hard to post, I do stop in to read when I can.

56. m
    56 | August 9, 2009 9:07 am

{BBEV} you stay in our prayers! I hope everything turns around!

57. BBEV
    57 | August 9, 2009 9:12 am

Thank you M, me too but I don’t see it happening.

58 | August 9, 2009 9:13 am

re: #14 by vagabond trader

iceweasel and Thorbert McGee are the two creepiest reptiles (er lizards) in my book!

59 | August 9, 2009 9:15 am

re: #31 by Play Nice

I’ll take your word for it and not criticize him then.

“, but I can’t let anyone dis my friend. ”

Well on the surface based on his posts he does not come across very well (actually very obsequious to Irish Rose, Salamantis and Killgore Trout to be accurate) but again I will take your word for it. Why he remains on LGF I suppose he has his good reasons. He used to be very conservative.

60 | August 9, 2009 9:18 am

re: #37 by LanceKates

algore is one of the more grotesque politicians out there.

61. newsjunkie_ky
    61 | August 9, 2009 9:27 am

Hey you all,
    For some reason I guess I’m banned at AoS. At least when I tried to post (which I haven’t done in a long while) I got the your IP address had been banned.

62 | August 9, 2009 9:32 am

re: #58 by Speranza

Iceweasel is a perfect example of the new, leftist LGF.

63. jakee308
    63 | August 9, 2009 9:34 am

re: #40 by m

I believe Real was/is having some health issues and weren’t there also some recent difficulties concerning some relatives? (it’s been awhile since that conversation at LGF1.0 so don’t hold me to that last part).

Having experienced/experiencing an acute or chronic illness, I know it can be exhausting and stressful. The last thing one needs is to walk away from long time associations and sources of comfort, amusement and where you are appreciated and known.

Like the Cheers theme song.

64 | August 9, 2009 9:34 am

re: #61 by newsjunkie_ky

LOLZ. Well unless you grovel to Der Chucklemeister, you wont get your account back but you can defeat his IP block easily enough. See my post on the last thread.

65. jakee308
    65 | August 9, 2009 9:36 am

re: #61 by newsjunkie_ky

was it that message about trying to access the site multiple times. I think some of the IP providers have tightened up there filtering software after what happened to twitter’ recent DOS attack.

66. jakee308
    66 | August 9, 2009 9:37 am

re: #64 by The Osprey

I think they mean Ace of Spades.

67. BBEV
    67 | August 9, 2009 9:37 am

Report: Plane Hijacked in Restive Chinese Province

DEVELOPING: BEIJING — China state news agency says a plane has been hijacked in restive western region of Xinjiang.

68. no2liberals
    68 | August 9, 2009 9:40 am

re: #26 by jakee308
    Whatever may or may not be true about the incident, one thing for certain, I don’t like the idea of Chinese subs popping up within five miles of one of our carriers, while they are sporting hypersonic missiles and torpedoes.
    This Heritage report came out in ’06, and doesn’t fill me with confidence that we are keeping our Navy as up to date on our enemy threats.
    Also, here is a link to Jeff Head’s assessment page on the PLAN, which shows a 110.84% growth rate through ’08, with a -17.52% growth rate with the U.S. Navy.

69. newsjunkie_ky
    69 | August 9, 2009 9:42 am

re: #65 by jakee308

No, it just said my IP address was banned. I sent an email, so maybe it can be rectified. LOL, thanks.

As for realwest, I think he believes he can do some good posting as a conservative. A lot of old lgfers that still post there think they will make a difference. Got news for them, they won’t. One by one they will eventually get banned for pissing off the overlibtard. Who would have thought Iron Fist would have gotten banned?

70. no2liberals
    70 | August 9, 2009 9:43 am

re: #27 by vagabond trader
    No self-respecting right wing extremist gets up that early, they pay someone else to do it for them.
    :roll:

71 | August 9, 2009 9:44 am

re: #62 by The Osprey

She is a very nasty woman.

72. BBEV
    72 | August 9, 2009 9:44 am

Iron Fist got banned? Wow what for?

73. no2liberals
    73 | August 9, 2009 9:45 am

re: #28 by bp_sf2nj
    You are welcome, but thank Anti-Mullah too, that’s where I found them.

74 | August 9, 2009 9:47 am

re: #69 by newsjunkie_ky

Realwest wants to along with a few other conservatives left there (I heard) quietly move LGF back to where it once was. That will never, ever happen. It is a battle not even worth fighting. If I was unduly harsh in my post to him I am sorry.

75. jakee308
    75 | August 9, 2009 9:47 am

re: #69 by newsjunkie_ky

Hmm, you been ‘bad’ lately? I just posted there to see if it was a site problem and got through ok.

76 | August 9, 2009 9:48 am

re: #72 by BBEV

Iron Fist got banned? Wow what for?

For (rightfully) saying that the witch doctor Obama photo shop was not racist.

77. no2liberals
    77 | August 9, 2009 9:49 am

re: #32 by Play Nice
    I too am a conservative, that is at war with the GOP establishment, and the entire deranged left.
    As a result, I have little desire to venture out of Texas. B-HO and the other leftist loons haven’t been here for a visit since the primaries.

78. BBEV
    78 | August 9, 2009 9:55 am

re: #76 by Speranza

For (rightfully) saying that the witch doctor Obama photo shop was not racist.

It wasn’t . Hell they did the same thing to GWB

79. no2liberals
    79 | August 9, 2009 9:57 am

BBEV, I am saddened to hear your bride isn’t doing well.
    Here’s wishing the very best for you both.

80. phoenixgirl
    80 | August 9, 2009 10:00 am

re: #40 by m

i emailed him after i was blocked, he didn’t bother to respond.

81. jakee308
    81 | August 9, 2009 10:00 am

re: #68 by no2liberals

I grant that China is flexing it’s muscle since becoming more of an economic power (thanks to our money and Bill Clinton (spit).

Their long term plans will have to consider the NAVY as most of their plans for expansion are offshore. They have made territorial claims in the South China Sea that are historically bogus but that won’t stop them from trying. Then there’s Taiwan to be concerned about.

However we have more tools in our toolbox as far as sub detection and having hunter killer subs chasing theirs isn’t really the most effective.

Keep in mind: WE DON’T BROADCAST TO THE WORLD WHAT OUR CAPABILITIES ARE. The NAVY leads the world in underwater detection research and implementation. Under the water and IN SPACE. Knowing where they are is the key to neutralizing the usefulness of a submarine and we don’t usually let them or anyone else know that we know where they are. The supposed decline in the numbers of submarines isn’t relevant to determining whether or not they are an increased threat. We also have built rapid stealth surface craft and there is continued efforts toward drone sea craft (similar to the Predator being used in Pakistan which are cheaper to build, operate and just as effective killers as manned subs) and passive sensor arrays. Reread my analysis.

82. Former LGFer
    82 | August 9, 2009 10:01 am

NICE picture! Beats the hell outta anything on 1.0.

83. BBEV
    83 | August 9, 2009 10:02 am

re: #79 by no2liberals

Thank you for that. She has been Getting worse for the past 7 years. Well really 10 but the past 7 have been real bad

84. BBEV
    84 | August 9, 2009 10:04 am

I went on Craigs list Rants and Raves (London) last night to see what they where talking about, they really hate us over there.

85. jakee308
    85 | August 9, 2009 10:07 am

re: #76 by Speranza

THIS is the reason we’re behind the eight ball in so many ways. Conservatives have allowed liberals to frame every debate and not fought back against the PC bullcrap.

Now it’s racist to CRITICIZE by any means about anything a black person does. What hooey. And a$$holes like Lindsay the sissy Graham are the cause of this crap.

So because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

Revelation 3:16

THAT’S MY OPINION OF MODERATES!

86 | August 9, 2009 10:13 am

re: #85 by jakee308

Iron Fist pointed out it s a photo shop of a South pacific (not African) witch doctor with Obama’s head transposed. We’ve seen bush and Cheney have their heads transposed in a similar manner.

87 | August 9, 2009 10:15 am

This fellow the_thermonuclear_pickle (who must have been a newbie) got sent to Siberia by Charles for daring to disagree over climate change. CJ sure is touchy over global warming isn’t he?

795 Charles 8/09/09 9:24:05 am reply quote

re: #794 the_thermonuclear_pickle

Ok, I’m finished discussing this with you. You’re beyond reason.
    796 Sharmuta 8/09/09 9:24:36 am reply quote

Tossing in eugenics is the new hitler.
    797 the_thermonuclear_pickle[deleted] 8/09/09 9:25:02 am

798 Charles 8/09/09 9:26:04 am reply quote

Says who? Says the guy who owns this website. Bye now!

88. no2liberals
    88 | August 9, 2009 10:16 am

re: #81 by jakee308
    I read your comment, as well as many other papers on the subject.
    While we have capabilities we don’t share, so does China, and their friends.
    Even if we knew that sub was there, I still object to letting one get that close, especially during an exercise. All it takes for an incident to escalate is a surprise.
    We, in return, are always testing the limits of their airspace with intelligence gathering aircraft, but are careful not to get too close. Their being within five miles is discomforting to me, whether we know they are there or not. I don’t like it at all, and am inclined to believe, from what I’ve read, and this incident, that the 20+ year technology of the diesel/electric sub, it’s stealthy 7 blade screw, and ability to operate under water for up to 30 days without surfacing, is more advanced and lethal than previously thought.

89. no2liberals
    89 | August 9, 2009 10:24 am

re: #85 by jakee308

“The modern definition of “racist” is “someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Peter Brimelow

It’s a new day, and I always remind those who scream “WAYTHIST” of it.

90. jakee308
    90 | August 9, 2009 10:47 am

Edit: clicked on wrong comment to reply to:
    This is Addressed to No2Liberals.

Read this one?

China Naval Modernization: Implications for
    U.S. Navy Capabilities—Background and
    Issues for Congress

Ronald O’Rourke
    Specialist in Naval Affairs
    May 29, 2009

See page 17;
    Comparing U.S. and Chinese Naval Capabilities. Mr O’Rourke explains HOW to compare the two.

On page 19;
    Here are some exerpts from SecDef Gates
    in an April 17, 2009, speech at the Naval War College.

91. 91 | August 9, 2009 10:51 am

re: #85 by jakee308

Interesting the meaning behind that sentence. People assume that it means God wants us to be either totally against him or totally for him but that’s not true. Why would God want people to fight him? The reality is that hot and cold water both were seen as positive and necessary things in the AME -- as elsewhere, of course. Hot water for cooking, healing and cleaning, cold water for quenching thirst, cooling down and surviving the heat of the day. Lukewarm water was considered bad because it would likely be stagnant, likely be poisonous and wasn’t particularly useful for anything except maybe watering crops. Certainly not for drinking. God wants us to serve his purpose, that means we have to become wholly what he desires us to be. we can’t just sit in the sun and do nothing.

92. 92 | August 9, 2009 10:55 am

The fast failing 1.0 will soon be getting as much traffic as this guy’s wildly interesting site.

93. no2liberals
    93 | August 9, 2009 11:00 am

re: #90 by jakee308
    I glanced over it, and don’t see anything that alters my perception of what’s happening.
    Of course we are always developing new weapon systems, but so are our enemies.
    My point being, from the beginning, I don’t like the idea of a China sub popping up in the middle of one of our Naval groups within range of striking a carrier, and there is nothing that anyone can say that can assuage my discomfort over that event.
    China’s focus is on controlling the shipping lanes that would effect them the most, particularly concerning Taiwan, and access to the oil rich ME.
    In one of the opening paragraphs, it states the Chinese will begin developing nuclear carriers in the future, but other sources claim the Vayrag will be deployed as soon as next year, as the photos I supplied in the Jeff Head link show what stages of development it has been in, included in the 2009 update.

94. jakee308
    94 | August 9, 2009 11:00 am

re: #88 by no2liberals

BTW, I am of the school of thought that it’s best to let your enemies underestimate you. In this way THEY will be in for the surprise.

As to “letting them get within five miles” well other than as I outlined (which by the way is very dangerous and is not SOP for peacetime and in peaceful waters and for a “peaceful” countries’ vessels) they can’t be stopped. Yes under current regulations other vessels are to stand clear of military vessels during their operations. Question is; what do you do to stop them? Legally, the NAVY cannot interfere with other Nation’s vessels in International waters. That would be an act of War. All that can be done is make them aware that they are being tracked and if they begin to present a danger then they are physically interdicted. (That’s what those handy FFG’s are good for besides Anti-air screen).

95. jakee308
    95 | August 9, 2009 11:01 am

re: #93 by no2liberals

Glanced over?

Never mind.

96. BBEV
    96 | August 9, 2009 11:02 am

I go back from time to time to see what is going on. The post numbers there have really fallen. I do miss Real West

97. no2liberals
    97 | August 9, 2009 11:21 am

re: #95 by jakee308
    Sorry, don’t have time to read each and every section, but glanced over the index, and perused the sections of interest.
    Dang phone won’t stop ringing.

98. Play Nice
    98 | August 9, 2009 11:22 am

re: #40 by m

{realwest} will leave when it is the right time for him. He vaules all his real-life and cyber friends equally.

He has his reasons for staying for now, and I’m content with them and Iron Fist takes no disrespect from it; neither do I.

Many of us once respected and to an extent admired Charles at one point; some perhaps went a bit far with idolizing him, but that’s their thing.

The inhabitants of LGF are there for their own reasons. Some are smitten with Charles, some share his idiology now, some might just need to belog, while others are still hopeful the honest, free and open debate of years gone by will return if they stick it out long enough.

I don’t want to post on this blog or any other blog if the sole purpose is to bash Charles or his blog; in my opinion and since I’ve registered, 2.0 doesnt’ go that far, but there are times when it does. It’s the owners/operators choice to put up whatever threads they want, and I respect that. It is the right of every registerd poster to express their feelings, thoughts, and angst as they see fit. I also know I don’t have to join in to be a part of this. I whole-heartedly disagree with Charles and what LGF has become, but it’s his blog; I have chosen to not post there anymore as have most of my LGF friends.

I just hope 2.0 doesn’t become a one-trick pony. That is when the debate really ends.

I hope this isn’t too harsh of a post, it is not my intention to dis anyone here or their opinions.

Let respectful debate reign, and us be on the high road.

oh and {realwest}

99. Play Nice
    99 | August 9, 2009 11:26 am

re: #49 by Ma Sands

Please thank your father for fighting the good fight against the tyrany of thought and corrupt, integrity-challenged jornalists/journalism.

100. Play Nice
    100 | August 9, 2009 11:27 am

re: #53 by BBEV

What are you nuts!!!

He’s always been on the “dark side” and will be greatly disappointed that you doubted that. ;-)

101. BBEV
    101 | August 9, 2009 11:28 am

re: #98 by Play Nice

You don’t have to worry about that, we sometimes have to bring 1.0 up hell that is where most of us met but if you stay and read what else is talked about you will see that 99% of all post has nothing to do with 1.0.

102. Play Nice
    102 | August 9, 2009 11:34 am

re: #59 by Speranza

Speranza, he IS very conservative and he’s served his country and protected our freedoms with honor.

I don’t know if he’s overly fond of the posters you’ve mentioned, but if he is, then he knows them on a level outside of LGF and is choosing to not disrespect them.

Seriously, it is all to easy for us to make suppositions about online posters, when we really don’t know them. Hell, under my other nic I was slandered and lied about on other blogs for months; He’s been through far worse than I. I chose this nic for a reason; it reminded me of Obiwan and what he always said, “Ya’ll play nice.”

I know {realwest} to be a man of integrity, fideilty and faithfulness to his brother and cyber-sisters.

I hope you have the opportunity to get to know the man behind the nic some day; I know you will come to agree with me completely.

103 | August 9, 2009 11:40 am

re: #102 by Play Nice

I take your word for it and will not mention it again.

104. BBEV
    104 | August 9, 2009 11:40 am

re: #100 by Play Nice

re: #53 by BBEV

What are you nuts!!!

He’s always been on the “dark side” and will be greatly disappointed that

I stayed to long at 1.0 and tried to take a stand but I saw the writing on the wall that my time was up so I left. Real is still fighting a losing battle, may God bless him!

105. RickMZ
    105 | August 9, 2009 11:40 am

re: #31 by Play Nice

Please don’t bag on RealWest; he is not a suck-up to Charles or anyone else.

Sorry, but I can’t let anyone dis my friend.

Says the suck-up’s suck-up.

I know why he’s still posting on LGF, and it has NOTHING to do with Charles.

Ooh, a suck-up with a hint of mystery. I see a Kindle bodice ripper in there somewhere.

106. Play Nice
    106 | August 9, 2009 11:41 am

re: #72 by BBEV

He got banned for being Iron Fist… and for daring to make an intellectual argument against the racist rantings of other posters that the pic of Bambi with a bone in his nose was not an African slam.

He doesn’t miss the place, but he does miss the good old days when LGF was the toughest “biker bar” in cyberspace. Now, with some exceptions, the place is for pussies and koolaid drinkers.

[was that too harsh????]

107. Play Nice
    107 | August 9, 2009 11:44 am

re: #77 by no2liberals

We need Reagan more now than we ever did, but sadly all we have is a badly undermined and politically damaged Newt Gingrich.

108. RickMZ
    108 | August 9, 2009 11:48 am

re: #98 by Play Nice

Sole purpose? Nah, we can multi-task. Muzzies are still up there in the ‘bash’ department.

Poor baby having your widdle feewings hurt because we’re so mean to that poor, poor, Charles.

109. Play Nice
    109 | August 9, 2009 11:48 am

re: #105 by RickMZ

Ass or should I say ass-wipe.

You are a perfect example of the trolls we played with and destroyed on LGF of old.

110. BBEV
    110 | August 9, 2009 11:48 am

re: #106 by Play Nice

I remember those days also but 2.0 is the biker bar now!

111. Play Nice
    111 | August 9, 2009 11:50 am

re: #108 by RickMZ

I don’t give a rip about Charles’ feelings.

I care about respectful debate of the issues.

And I DO stick up for my friends.

112. BBEV
    112 | August 9, 2009 11:50 am

re: #105 by RickMZ

Please explain your cryptic post?

113. vagabond trader
    113 | August 9, 2009 11:50 am

re: #102 by Play Nice

You sound a bit self righteous and defensive about your friends at lgf.Go into the archives and check out what was said by some of your lgf compadres about Goddessoftheclassroom.Absolutely despicable, and plenty more where that came from too.

Sorry, if someone bashes me or my friends I bash back. You can take the “high road” for all the good it has brought our country to via the rinos.This is the blogmocracy, no one gets exiled,dinged,or castigated for disagreeing with the lord and master or his sycophants.

We have had plenty of compelling discussions here, please pay attention.

btw, what was your nic at 1.0?

114. RickMZ
    114 | August 9, 2009 11:51 am

re: #109 by Play Nice

Ass or should I say ass-wipe.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Now I’m weally afwaid.

If I’m an aswipe, then you’re a cockbite,. Lose the dentures next time you blow Chuckles.

115. Play Nice
    115 | August 9, 2009 11:51 am

re: #110 by BBEV

I do too, and I have the “patch” to prove it. Or should I say, I had the patch.

It’s in the trash now.

116. RickMZ
    116 | August 9, 2009 11:52 am

re: #112 by BBEV

Let’s start with a mathematical formula, mkay?

realwest = a lying suck-up.

Clear?

117 | August 9, 2009 11:53 am

re: #107 by Play Nice

Newt Gingrich who makes global warming commercials with San Fran Nan (Pelosi)

118. Play Nice
    118 | August 9, 2009 11:55 am

re: #113 by vagabond trader

Not self-righteous one bit, but personal integrity and remaining true to oneself is important to me.

I’m not going to mention my old nic, but I posted a lot about 3 years ago. Last time I posted, or read LGF was about 6 months ago… except for the thread where Fist got banned. Don’t care for the place.

I’ve had cyber-friends that turned out to be true and up-front what they represented themselves to be, and I’ve had the misfortune to have cyber friends that turned out to be pretenders.

When I find a true friend, I stick by them.

119. RickMZ
    119 | August 9, 2009 11:55 am

re: #111 by Play Nice

I care about respectful debate of the issues.

Yeah, that’ll work. That’s how we got loser McCain as a candidate, and Precedent Clusterfuck in the White House. And who the hell are you to set the debate rules for me? You sound like a real pompous prick. No wonder you fit right in with the Loony Toons crowd at 1.0.

120. Ma Sands
    120 | August 9, 2009 12:01 pm

re: #99 by Play Nice

Sighhhhhh…..I would love to --I long, nearly every day, to speak with him about something or other…..but, he died of a heart attack early Christmas morning, 1990, just a few days before his 71st birthday…..

But, before he “left” he’d also spent his life in instilling a love of truth in his nine children….and that is now being passed on, to his grand & great grand children….. : )

121 | August 9, 2009 12:02 pm

Look I’m sorry I even mentioned realwest. The thing that bothered me was his referring to Salamantis as “Sal”. Salamantis was a nasty bastard to a good friend of mine (a long time poster) who was eventually banned.

122. BBEV
    122 | August 9, 2009 12:06 pm

re: #116 by RickMZ

re: #112 by BBEV

Ley’s start with a mathematical formula, mkay?

realwest = a lying suck-up.

Clear?

That’s you opinion but I do not see it that way. Have you ever spoke with him?

123. RickMZ
    123 | August 9, 2009 12:09 pm

re: #122 by BBEV

Have you ever spoke with him?

Why waste my time with someone who wears false bonhomie like a shroud?

124. vagabond trader
    124 | August 9, 2009 12:10 pm

re: #121 by Speranza

Why? My husband served his country, serves his community now, has cancer, and I’ll still call him an a-hole when need be.Why should anyone from 1.0 or any other blog be exempt from criticism, because someone says so? What the hey is next, we have to kiss The Obamas ring?

Note to administration, please please please do not implement a dinger system. ;-)

125. Play Nice
    125 | August 9, 2009 12:10 pm

re: #121 by Speranza

I understand completely.

There is a lot of bad feelings out there about LGF and posters that remain.

As others have pointed out above, some are still there to carry on the good fight and keep the lanterns lit. Do I hope LGF will become the place it was, sure. Do I believe it will ever happen? Let’s say we stand a better chance of Obama converting to conservatism and true Christianity.

It is what is is. I remain hopeful for the friends left behind enemy lines.

126. BBEV
    126 | August 9, 2009 12:14 pm

re: #123 by RickMZ

The way I see it he took you down once or twice, sucks to be you ha!

127. Play Nice
    127 | August 9, 2009 12:15 pm

re: #120 by Ma Sands

Sorry, edited my post. Though you were talking about Obi-wan.

To many good posters are gone and scattered. Perhaps they will find a good blogging home here some day.

128. Play Nice
    128 | August 9, 2009 12:18 pm

re: #124 by vagabond trader

Dinger system???? Why does that fill my heart with dread????? ;-)

129. no2liberals
    129 | August 9, 2009 12:19 pm

re: #124 by vagabond trader

Note to administration, please please please do not implement a dinger system.

I had already left 1.0, long before the dingaling system was put in place. Had I still been there, I would have left because of it.
    If there isn’t a free exchange of ideas and opinions, I ain’t interested.

130. vagabond trader
    130 | August 9, 2009 12:20 pm

re: #128 by Play Nice

Someone mentioned it the other day and me thinking Nooooooooooo!

131. BBEV
    131 | August 9, 2009 12:21 pm

re: #124 by vagabond trader

I agree

132. vagabond trader
    132 | August 9, 2009 12:21 pm

re: #129 by no2liberals

Ding

++++++

133. RickMZ
    133 | August 9, 2009 12:23 pm

re: #126 by BBEV

The way I see it he took you down once or twice, sucks to be you ha!

You have no fucking clue what you’re talking about. I never ‘spoke’ with the man over there. But while there, I could read. That was enough for me. But obviously your mileage does vary.

Sorry, I’m not into your groupthink, cupcake.

134. vagabond trader
    134 | August 9, 2009 12:26 pm

I’m debating signing up to go down to DC for the big demonstration on 9/12.Side trip to Independence Hall on the way home.

135. no2liberals
    135 | August 9, 2009 12:27 pm

re: #132 by vagabond trader
    HEY!!!
    NO DINGALINGS!

/get off my….screen

136 | August 9, 2009 12:29 pm

re: #124 by vagabond trader

I honor your husband and I do hope he beats that dreaded illness. Do you live in CT or VA? (Not necessary to respond if you do not feel like it).

137. no2liberals
    137 | August 9, 2009 12:31 pm

re: #134 by vagabond trader
    I understand the sign-up is going nicely. The group leaving the left coast already is up to two buses.
    Wish I could go, but way too much going on to pull it off. I couldn’t even swoop in and out the same day via American Airlines.

138 | August 9, 2009 12:32 pm

re: #125 by Play Nice

Amen to that. I also am surprised to see Ward Cleaver and Solomon panting still there. I guess they will leave when they are ready. However the LGF of old is as gone as the Plantagenet dynasty in England.

139. Play Nice
    139 | August 9, 2009 12:32 pm

re: #135 by no2liberals

Can I get a ding, ding, ding???

Nah, bad idea.

140. BBEV
    140 | August 9, 2009 12:33 pm

re: #133 by RickMZ

Hey fuck tard, I was there for many years and have corresponded with him by email and phone many times and what I know about him is that he speaks the truth, and I am not your “cup cake” asshole!

141 | August 9, 2009 12:34 pm

The implementation of the dinging system marked the death knell of LGF (in my opinion).

142. RickMZ
    142 | August 9, 2009 12:44 pm

re: #134 by vagabond trader

I’m debating signing up to go down to DC for the big demonstration on 9/12.

People who are going should be prepared for the worst. And bring cell phones, at least, that can take pictures, if not some sort of video recorder.

How’s this for some major hutzpah? From what I remember reading, on 9/11, Obambi is going to announce his plans for the creation of his civilian workforce. Like the right-wing terrorist memo before the April 15th Tea Parties, this is supposed to send a chill through the 9/12 gathering. I’m not saying it will, or should, chill you, I’m just saying to be careful and record/document whatever nasties you see. We saw what happend in St. Louis when Obmabi released his union thugs. The announcement a day before the protest just might give rise to more executive branch-inspired violence.

143. no2liberals
    143 | August 9, 2009 12:44 pm

re: #139 by Play Nice
    You can get a ding a ling, though.

144. bar
    144 | August 9, 2009 12:45 pm

My 2 cents at a 2 cent discount.

The rating system while pretty lame was not the problem.
    The problem was the sophomoric comments by Charles and then others on who is down dinging who on what and thus the assumption that somehow in and of itself discredits or even addresses any argument[s].

And also the habit of posting the users info of how long the lizard in question has been registered and how little they comment, again under the implied assumption that somehow in and of itself discredits or even addresses any argument[s].

145. RickMZ
    145 | August 9, 2009 12:48 pm

re: #140 by BBEV

Oh, but you are.

If this realwest clown is sticking around there to ‘make a difference’ (whatever the hell that means), how’s that working out, chief? He own the blog? Because if’n he don’t, he can’t do shit about the place, except stay there like a good little suck-up and praise Icarus, and his mighty wings of bullshit.

146. Play Nice
    146 | August 9, 2009 12:49 pm

re: #138 by Speranza

I never got to post with Solomon panting but I think I posted with Ward. I don’t remember much about them in any case. Way too much water has flooded past the bridge since then. Life can be very interesting.

I miss the glory days, but there really isn’t time for wailing and gnashing of teeth over it, the fight carries on and sooner or later, folks find each other again in the blog-o-sphere.

It’s good to have a forum to vent and chat, discuss and BS again. Not sure I’ll be a frequent flyer, but it’s nice to know there is a place to visit.

I hope our brothers and sisters make it out safely, or at the very least can get some re-inforcements in to spell them a bit in the fight.

147. Play Nice
    147 | August 9, 2009 12:51 pm

re: #143 by no2liberals

Love it!!

Loved Chuck Berry too.

148. Play Nice
    148 | August 9, 2009 12:54 pm

re: #140 by BBEV

Perhaps if we ignore it, it will go away.

And maybe you can be someone else’s cupcake. ;-)

149 | August 9, 2009 12:54 pm

re: #146 by Play Nice

There is life after LGF. One can always say that you (or I) didn’t change, the blog did.

150. Play Nice
    150 | August 9, 2009 1:04 pm

re: #149 by Speranza

Yep… amen to that.

It is possible to evolve and grow past our naive pasts (sadly, I voted for Jimmy Carter once) and achieve a greater, saner view of the insanity that plagues our society.

It is also possible for once sane individuals to side into that madness and deluded thinking.

I have many friends and aquantances who are dyed-in-the-wool liberals. Some rabid and irrational, some rational and respectful of other opinions, but all of them see the world through distorted lenses.

It is sadly to easy to be “convinced” (read that brain-washed) into thinking that liberalism is the true path. I’m mindful of what the bible teach, “wide is the path that leads to destruction.” and “narrow is the path that leads to salvation…” and too few will walk it. We are being pumelled daily by a corrupt media and by people who are too weak to think and reason for themselves because they have been indoctrinated into a way of thinking for too long. It is no surprise to see the change, but it is a pity to see.

151. no2liberals
    151 | August 9, 2009 1:05 pm

re: #144 by bar
    I wasn’t there for that system, but when someone reported what they were doing, on another blog, I thought…WTH?
    I have considered asking someone who still frequents there if my old posts are still visible, or have been removed. I never did go back to see if I was banned in my absence, like so many others.
    BTW, talked with reaganite the other night, and asked about that new movie that just came out about EOD techs, The Hurt Locker. He gave it a 2 star rating on accuracy, but a 4 star rating on entertainment. He said EOD guys got to see it before its release, and it was like a Rocky Horror Picture Show audience, yelling and throwing stuff at the screen.

152. vagabond trader
    152 | August 9, 2009 1:05 pm

re: #136 by Speranza

CT, thanks, hes doing well, still working full time,full remission.

Hey, Plantagenet history is a hobby of mine, Wars of the Roses!

153. vagabond trader
    153 | August 9, 2009 1:08 pm

re: #142 by RickMZ

His thugs do not scare me one iota, been through waaaay too much to start cringing now.I’m a big strong old girl.

The little volunteer pissants? Bring it!

154. Play Nice
    154 | August 9, 2009 1:10 pm

re: #151 by no2liberals

I miss reaganite. He had a real way with words, especially when he was playing with trolls.

155. vagabond trader
    155 | August 9, 2009 1:11 pm

re: #143 by no2liberals

Saw Chuck years ago at a smallish club in Manhattan. He dragged me onstage to dance with him. Too funny!

156. BBEV
    156 | August 9, 2009 1:12 pm

re: #145 by RickMZ

Dude I’m done with you

157. no2liberals
    157 | August 9, 2009 1:20 pm

re: #154 by Play Nice
    We are buds.
    We always hit it off, being USAF vets.
    Many have difficulty with his directness, but if you had done the job he did/does, you wouldn’t have much patience for unnecessary BS either.
    While some of us would play with a troll, reaganite always went for the kill shot from the git-go.

158. no2liberals
    158 | August 9, 2009 1:21 pm

re: #155 by vagabond trader
    How funny!
    Chuck is gone now, God Rest Him.

159. no2liberals
    159 | August 9, 2009 1:22 pm

See y’all later.

160. BBEV
    160 | August 9, 2009 1:22 pm

re: #148 by Play Nice

Unless you are 5’6″ +- 120 lbs blond hair with blue eyes and nice boobs (my wife) for get about it! :-)

161. Bob in Breckenridge
    161 | August 9, 2009 1:22 pm

re: #138 by Speranza

I agree with you on that Speranza. I used to have quite a few interesting back and forths with Ward at 1.0 before I was whacked (obviously), and from what I know about him, he can’t be happy with the leftward direction that Chuckles the loser libturd and his psycho-phant ass-kissers such as The Sharmutant and Killgore Guppy has taken the once great LGF.

But to any of you who think it’ll ever go back to being what it once was, don’t hold your breath. That’ll never happen.

162. vagabond trader
    162 | August 9, 2009 1:24 pm

re: #158 by no2liberals

All the good old black R&B/blues guys. Used to work for an import music business years back, always had tickets to shows and or rare albums full of the stuff.

163. vagabond trader
    163 | August 9, 2009 1:25 pm

re: #159 by no2liberals

Adios n2!

164. Bob in Breckenridge
    164 | August 9, 2009 1:25 pm

re: #149 by Speranza

Bingo, Speranza! It’s similar to what Ronald Reagan said in the early 60′s, that he didn’t leave the democrat party, the democrat party left him.

165. Play Nice
    165 | August 9, 2009 1:26 pm

#160

Hey, now, I was not talking about me. I have a half karat diamond on my left ring finger my honeybunny gave me and I’m not interested in being anyone’s cupcake but his. LOL

And what took you so long in your #156 post. Geeze, you were far more patient than I. I find it best to ignore them after they show their ass.

166. Play Nice
    166 | August 9, 2009 1:29 pm

re: #157 by no2liberals

I remember him playing with a few, but he could gut and field dress them better than most. Rayra was good at it too. I used to cringe reading some of his posts. I’m so glad I was never on the receiving end of that, but then again, there was never a reason for it.

167. off with my head
    167 | August 9, 2009 1:30 pm

re: #49 by Ma Sands

Hey Ma,
    I’m from Minnesota, too.
    Minneapolis, city of shitty Somali drivers and lala’s holding cellphones in place with their head scarves.

168. Play Nice
    168 | August 9, 2009 1:32 pm

TTFN all
    Honeybunny wants to go to an early dinner.

I suspect he’ll want the computer when we get back, which means I have no excuses to not finish the laundry.

In the words of dear Obiwan… ya’ll play nice!

169. BBEV
    169 | August 9, 2009 1:32 pm

re: #161 by Bob in Breckenridge

I agree It will never happen

170 | August 9, 2009 1:38 pm

re: #149 by Speranza

To paraphase what the great Ronald Reagan said about the Democratic Party: “I didn’t leave LGF. LGF left me.”

171 | August 9, 2009 1:41 pm

re: #141 by Speranza

Yes, I remember when it was first implemented, my first thought was, “this is really junior high”. I knew it was going to lead to clique behavior and suckupitude.

172. Ma Sands
    172 | August 9, 2009 1:41 pm

re: #167 by off with my head

Well, the Somalis do more than just drive poorly…..and there are so many of them! And Mexicans --who can’t even speak English enough to translate their storefront signs from Spanish into English for me…..it has been, for some time now, almost a rare thing to see a “white” person walking, or driving, down the street…….but then, this church from over north, that hadn’t had a building to meet in, came over to this side of the Mississippi River some months ago to rent the little stone church down on the corner from my house, where I’ve been hired to shovel snow & mow the grass for years now……and for the first time in a long time, I am seeing (heading down there, several times a week) people of dark skin with light and life, in their eyes and shining from their faces. : )

173 | August 9, 2009 1:42 pm

re: #142 by RickMZ

Link?

174. RickMZ
    174 | August 9, 2009 1:44 pm

re: #169 by BBEV

I agree I will never happen

So why are you defending morons who stay there? If one has so little self-respect as to stay there, well, . . .

175 | August 9, 2009 1:53 pm

Oh this will really give Killgore Trout a hissy fit:

Public Policy Poling: Obama less popular than Palin in Virginia

176. RickMZ
    176 | August 9, 2009 1:54 pm

re: #173 by The Osprey

I did a quick google before I posted, but found nada. But it was google. And I cannnot for the life of me remember where I read it. But I read it in conjunction with the implied threat like the right-wing terrorist memo issued just before the 4/15 tea parties (and that memo was pure intimidation). Of course, after the SEIU debacle in St. Louis, Obambi’s plans might have changed. But I doubt it. Thug intimidation tactics are Obambi’s stock-in-trade.

And as a side note: Some links I’d saved from before the election concerning the Obamas loss of law licenses, and his medical records, are dead now. I put nothing past this fraud when it comes to his agenda.

177. vagabond trader
    178 | August 9, 2009 2:06 pm

re: #177 by The Osprey

lol, Love the clip of Mark Levin, MSLSD, too funny, cable wars!

Olbie may improve with a lobotomy.

178. BBEV
    179 | August 9, 2009 2:17 pm

re: #170 by The Osprey

Amen to that

180 | August 9, 2009 3:27 pm

re: #150 by Play Nice

I voted for Jimmy Carter once (1976) when he ran as a conservative Democrat. As the song goes “Won’t Get Fooled Again”.

Oh I have plenty of liberal friends, some who are dyed in the wool liberals as well. I love them in spite of their politics. When you are my friend, you are my friend!

181 | August 9, 2009 3:30 pm

re: #152 by vagabond trader

CT, thanks, hes doing well, still working full time,full remission. Hey, Plantagenet history is a hobby of mine, Wars of the Roses!

The Wars of the Roses (I felt sorry for the saintly Henry VI) and The Hundred Years Wars were my two medieval specialties. I pray that one day a cure for that dread 6 letter word will be found.

182 | August 9, 2009 3:35 pm

re: #154 by Play Nice

He’s a bright guy but could be a bit curmudgeonly at times. His wife was very nice. What is the story behind his bannings (the so called “Saturday Night Massacre”)?

183 | August 9, 2009 3:39 pm

re: #161 by Bob in Breckenridge

That would take a monumental epiphany for Charles. He has crossed the rubicon and cannot go back. I cannot imagine Kosh’s Shadow or Ben-Hur being happy with the leftward direction that CJ has taken LGF either.

184 | August 9, 2009 3:44 pm

re: #169 by BBEV

I agree It will never happen

Not even if God forbid another 9/11 happens. He will blame it on the Birthers or some some other such nonsense. Like Andrew Sullivan and Christopher Hitchens they had their flings with the Right and are reverting to their natural political state.

185 | August 9, 2009 3:45 pm

re: #171 by The Osprey

I got bad vibes when I first saw it. I thought it was juvenile and would lead to embarrassing behavior by many LGFers in order to get updings.

186 | August 9, 2009 3:50 pm

re: #177 by The Osprey

I expect Olbermann will one day have such a vile, pathetic meltdown on air that even the left wing whores who run MSNBC will have to sack or suspend him. The two worst people on cable are both on MSNBC -- Keith Olbermann and Lawrence O’Donnell. Both are one day going to have to be carried out of the studio on a stretcher because their blood pressure will go sky high because of their lack of self control.

186. 187 | August 9, 2009 3:54 pm

re: #182 by Speranza

Fighting with and dictating to American Infidel

188 | August 9, 2009 3:56 pm

re: #187 by BenZacharia

I remember those battles (2005)!

188. vagabond trader
    189 | August 9, 2009 3:58 pm

re: #181 by Speranza

It is a scourge. My father died from it and my brother is on his second bout. I also let loose on him too, lol, and he loves it.

Yes, poor H6, not suited for his legacy was he? I used to belong to the Richard III Society but it has been taken over by moonbats. Not that a society dedicated to a 500 plus year old guy is exactly sane.

:D

190 | August 9, 2009 4:06 pm

re: #189 by vagabond trader

Richard III was in many ways an able king.
    Henry VI was the total opposite of his psychotic father Henry V.
    I admired Richard II (who was not the father of Richard III by the way) too because like Henry VI, he loved peace and like Henry VI was vilely murdered.
    My mother died of cancer and my sister developed the same illness (female gynecological cancers) 25 years later but she thankfully has beaten it (going on 8 years). Don’t expect any cures for different types of cancers to come out of the Arab world.

190. BBEV
    191 | August 9, 2009 4:14 pm

re: #182 by Speranza

It was the night of the long knives , I was there and saw it happen

191. m
    192 | August 9, 2009 4:16 pm

re: #138 by Speranza

re: #125 by Play Nice

I don’t think Charles wants it to become the place it was. He’s pretty clear on that.

I know why Realwest stays, and I still consider him my friend. As his friend, I hope he jumps ship before the ship sinks. (if they’d all do it, it would sink even faster)

I met Obi-Wan a few times as well and along with “play nice” he would start the morning with “What a beautiful day the Lord hath made”. It’s pretty sad that the same sentence would get him banned if said on one of Charles’ creationist threads.

That right there says it all.

In the words of Charles’ new hero kos- Screw them.

192. vagabond trader
    193 | August 9, 2009 4:22 pm

re: #190 by Speranza

Good for your sister.I’m an old nurse who worked on a CA unit in a large urban hospital,seen it all.

It always struck me as ironic that Richard II had a warrior father as did Henry VI, yet both sons were so opposite from their sires.

The society has done a lot of great historical research over the years and their intervention has resulted in the preservation of many important sites in England.Too bad their population will soon be predominantly Muslims who will let it all go to ruin.

Here’s a neat accounting of Richard IIs treasure.

194 | August 9, 2009 4:30 pm

re: #192 by m

Good post ‘m’.
    If you say that realwest is a good guy, I believe it.
    Btw I am going to meet our mutual friend tomorrow night in Boston for a drink -- then going to a Red Sox game that night.

In the words of Charles’ new hero kos- Screw them.

Hey how about MandyManners “Go piss up a rope”!

195 | August 9, 2009 4:33 pm

re: #193 by vagabond trader

Yes the demise of England is a sore spot for me. Both Richard II and Henry VI’s paternity was both doubted by their opponents based on how gentle and peaceful they were in comparison to their warrior fathers (Edward the Black Prince and Henry V respectively).

196 | August 9, 2009 4:42 pm

re: #191 by BBEV

“The Night of Long Knives” June 30, 1934.

What happened on the LGF Night of the Long Knives?

196. vagabond trader
    197 | August 9, 2009 4:42 pm

re: #195 by Speranza

Yes,sad, my Dad and his family were British.My grandfather was a master cabinetmaker, worked on some of the big luxury liners. Of course being Jews they were discriminated against, no work, so they came here early 20th century. Look what all those liberal industrious Jews have been replaced with.

I say enjoy.

197. no2liberals
    198 | August 9, 2009 4:45 pm

re: #191 by BBEV
    Actually, reaganite was posting at GCP at the time, and hadn’t posted at 1.0 for a couple of months when he was banned. What happened was, many at GCP were still posting there and got banned, like Swampwoman did for arguing with CJ, that he went into a rage and started banning everyone that was posting at GCP, as well as AI, since the blowout between her and reaganite had created a schism.
    Reaganite never went to see if he was banned, he found out about it from others.
    That, I think, was a turning point in the sanity of CJ, he just went berserk.

199 | August 9, 2009 4:51 pm

re: #197 by vagabond trader

Yes and of all the nations in the world, the British loath Israel the most.

200 | August 9, 2009 4:55 pm

re: #198 by no2liberals

I liked swampwoman a lot. I remember the AI/Reaganite battle. Someone posted “All liberals are traitors” and Reaganite said -- “My brother’s in the military and he is a liberal” and it went back and forth.

200. bluliner10
    201 | August 9, 2009 4:56 pm

re: #167 by off with my head

Not a few of my favorite things…

Hey Ma,
    I’m from Minnesota, too.

I am Minnesnowda raised also. Nope not going back, well, maybe to visit and watch the Vikings play outdoors again…but my hockey team moved to Dallas as did I. However, that isn’t warm enough so I will probably find myself living in some Asian tropical paradise until the day I die…One hour of beer league hockey a week(available in Manila, PI, Naha, Okinawa, or Bangkok, Thailand) is enough winter for me…

For what it is worth, where are the Amphibs in the photograph? Carriers are nice, but when it absolutely has to be destroyed overnight…you need Marines! Semper Fi!

201. no2liberals
    202 | August 9, 2009 5:00 pm

re: #200 by Speranza
    Ha!
    Ask Iron Fist about that, he was the one who made the blanket statement, while reaganites liberal brother was an Army spec op.

202. m
    203 | August 9, 2009 5:02 pm

re: #194 by Speranza

Have fun! I treasure the friendships that I made over there (although the friendship with the W-Lover/Sharmutant nutter was corrected when I realized she was a nutter- all I had to do was say something [about] charles’ butt kissers on fallbacklgf and I never heard from her again ~:D). The rest of the people I met from there are awesome.

203. vagabond trader
    204 | August 9, 2009 5:02 pm

re: #199 by Speranza

Years ago I visited an elderly cousin in Glasgow and she defiantly told me, in a thick brogue,”I am a Jew first,Scottish second.” Thought it was the dual loyalty thing but now I understand her bitterness.No matter how long you lived their, military service to country,nothing, you were still one of “them.”

204. no2liberals
    205 | August 9, 2009 5:04 pm

re: #201 by bluliner10
    Not warm enough?
    Most people I meet here from the great white north that visit in the summer go on and on about how hot it is, and are incredulous that anyone could do so.
    I remind them to wear light cotton clothing, drink lots of water, and don’t do anything strenuous during the hottest part of the day.
    Then I inform them…I DON’T EVEN OWN A SNOW SHOVEL!
    Some have scratched their chins, thoughtfully, and stated that might not be such a bad trade off.
    I always thought I would like to return to the PI to live, but after all the traveling I’ve done, when I got back to Texas the last time, I nailed my feet to the ground.

205. no2liberals
    206 | August 9, 2009 5:10 pm

You should drop by and say howdy.
    She also posts at Nuke’s, along with former 1.0ers me, nuke gingrich, and Robert D.
    Despite what 1.0 has become, much good came from the posters meeting there.

207 | August 9, 2009 5:15 pm

re: #204 by vagabond trader

Good for her. The British like their Jews as long as they know their place.

208 | August 9, 2009 5:18 pm

re: #203 by m

Thanks. Oh there were some tremendous people on LGF and I will always be grateful to that blog for what it once was. As for Sharmie -- consider your self fortunate that she was not able to penetrate deeply into your life and ruin the wonderful things that you have -- although God only knows she tried.

209 | August 9, 2009 5:21 pm

re: #202 by no2liberals

Like I wrote previously, reaganite was a tough guy to warm up to because you never knew what his hot buttons were, so for most of the time I was polite to him but kept a certain distance although once in a while we had a good conversation as we are both history buffs.

209. no2liberals
    210 | August 9, 2009 5:48 pm

I understand.
    He’s a good guy, though.
    Just so you and others will know, he is also very good at woodworking, and made the custom flag case for Obiwan’s burial flag.

210. m
    211 | August 9, 2009 6:00 pm

I did not know that~ How awesome!

211. no2liberals
    212 | August 9, 2009 6:08 pm

Yep.
    I only know because when he first moved to Texas, whenever I would call he was always out in the shop working on it.
    He was very fond of Obiwan, as were many.

212. Ma Sands
    213 | August 9, 2009 8:54 pm

re: #212 by no2liberals

Did I miss it, or has someone in this thread said where Reaganite is now?

I appreciate the last bunch of comments on this thread…..I am having the thought penetrate my dense brain, that I stood back and just watched, a bunch of posters, because I was affected by the character-defamation comments about them, all the way back to when I first began looking in at that other blogging place…..guess it isn’t all a bad thing, though --I can see I had/have much to learn. : )

213. no2liberals
    214 | August 9, 2009 9:16 pm

He’s a civilian contractor training EOD techs, here in Texas. He was able to avoid getting blown-up for almost 25 years, and is now teaching other guys how not to get blown-up. It’s not a job for the faint of heart, a silly mind, or the jitters.
    He stopped in here for a little bit, a few months ago.
    I don’t know that he even posts at blogs, but we talk on the phone occasionally.

214. Ma Sands
    215 | August 9, 2009 9:43 pm

re: #214 by no2liberals

Thank you. Sounds better all the time.