“Coming To America”

by Bob in Breckenridge ( 208 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Democratic Party, Economy, Healthcare, Politics, Progressives at August 23rd, 2009 - 3:45 pm

Nope, it’s not the 80′s Eddie Murphy flick. It’s more like a horror movie, courtesy of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid among many libturds.

Thousands of surgeries may be cut in Metro Vancouver due to government underfunding, leaked paper

VANCOUVER — Vancouver patients needing neurosurgery, treatment for vascular diseases and other medically necessary procedures can expect to wait longer for care, NDP health critic Adrian Dix said Monday.

Dix said a Vancouver Coastal Health Authority document shows it is considering chopping more than 6,000 surgeries in an effort to make up for a dramatic budgetary shortfall that could reach $200 million.

“This hasn’t been announced by the health authority … but these cuts are coming,” Dix said, citing figures gleaned from a leaked executive summary of “proposed VCH surgical reductions.”

The health authority confirmed the document is genuine, but said it represents ideas only.

“It is a planning document. It has not been approved or implemented,” said spokeswoman Anna Marie D’Angelo.

Dr. Brian Brodie, president of the BC Medical Association, called the proposed surgical cuts “a nightmare.”

Why would you begin your cost-cutting measures on medically necessary surgery? I just can’t think of a worse place,” Brodie said.

According to the leaked document, Vancouver Coastal — which oversees the budget for Vancouver General and St. Paul’s hospitals, among other health-care facilities — is looking to close nearly a quarter of its operating rooms starting in September and to cut 6,250 surgeries, including 24 per cent of cases scheduled from September to March and 10 per cent of all medically necessary elective procedures this fiscal year.

The plan proposes cutbacks to neurosurgery, ophthalmology, vascular surgery, and 11 other specialized areas.

As many of 112 full-time jobs — including 13 anesthesiologist positions — would be affected by the reductions, the document says.

“Clearly this will impact the capacity of the health-care system to provide care, not just now but in the future,” Dix said.

Further reductions in surgeries are scheduled during the Olympics, when the health authority plans to close approximately a third of its operating rooms.

Read the rest here

Hat tip to my buddy Denny, gocinatlanta here.

Comments

208 Responses to ““Coming To America””

1. davehm
    1 | August 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Come and get it while we still have it!!!
    oh, and bring your money.

2. spidly
    2 | August 23, 2009 4:23 pm

Lies! The procedures being cut are the ones that are not needed immediately to prolong your life, and the ones that relieve unbearable pain from bone on bone joints and whatnot, therefor they are “elective” or unimportant.
    If that brain tumor won’t kill you for a few months or that shredded cartilage isn’t so painful that a load of 444′s won’t put you out, you need to buck up and wait for your “elective surgery.”

3. Bob in Breckenridge
    3 | August 23, 2009 4:29 pm

re: #1 by davehm

What money? The libturds tell us it’ll be free!!!

4. m
    4 | August 23, 2009 4:30 pm

But we can do it better! well, cause we think we can!

/l3 idiot

5 | August 23, 2009 4:32 pm

re: #4 by m

But we can do it better! well, cause we think HOPE we can!

FIFY

6. Iron Fist
    6 | August 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Percocet! Give me percocet, and I’ll wait for a while. Maybe some Demerol, while we are at it. Oh, the State won’t let you have those either. Suffer in silence, wretch!

Ain’t that just the bedside manner you expect from a State functionary?

7. m
    7 | August 23, 2009 4:51 pm

re: #6 by Iron Fist

You only get the percocet if you need a pacemaker. You know the rules prole!

8. davehm
    8 | August 23, 2009 4:57 pm

re: #3 by Bob in Breckenridge

The Canadians (those few in Canada) who can afford to pay? I was under the impression that the well to do in Canada are the ones heading south to the US for health care…please tell me I’m not wrong!

9. Bob in Breckenridge
    9 | August 23, 2009 5:04 pm

O/T, but on her latest pro-AGW thread, the washed-up ukulele player Nancy is linking to MSLSD as a “credible” source that proves AGW exists in the AGW hoax. What a moron. Fortunately, quite a few disagree with the pony-tailed libtard imbecile.

10. spidly
    10 | August 23, 2009 5:09 pm

All this handwringing by the right!
    We need to stop all this opposition to central government control of all aspects of our lives. We need to be the cerebral scientific socialists to counter their emotion based socialism. That’s the problem in Canada…. too many bleeding hearts and not enough technocrats to tweak and refine the laws of the collective to make it all work just right!

11. 11 | August 23, 2009 5:09 pm

re: #7 by m

Beer is good for me!

12. spidly
    12 | August 23, 2009 5:13 pm

re: #8 by davehm

400,000 foreign patients last year. Growth industry for the time being -- let’s see if we can’t send all that business to India!

13. m
    13 | August 23, 2009 5:13 pm

re: #11 by Rodan

Good thing. That might be Obamacare’s prescription if you ever have a limb amputated.

14. m
    14 | August 23, 2009 5:15 pm

I’d rather have the good stuff for amputations and a pacemaker for when you need a pacemaker!

Maybe that’s just me.

But we won’t know until it’s shoved down our throats.

15. Bob in Breckenridge
    15 | August 23, 2009 5:16 pm

Chuckles is getting reamed by most. Fun, fun, fun! It’s like Mickey-D’s theme- “I’m loving it!”.

16. davehm
    16 | August 23, 2009 5:16 pm

re: #12 by spidly

From Canada? I mean.. were they paying out of pocket?

17 | August 23, 2009 5:22 pm

If it’s so hard for most progressives to believe that there is something there that they cannot see (the last thread), why is it so hard for them to see that there is nothing (money to pay for everybody’s health care) where they they think that there is?

There must be some sort of easy way to flip that. I was never any good at geometry, maybe the answer is there…someplace my mind naturally does not go.

re: #11 by Rodan

Beer is very bad for me.

18. 18 | August 23, 2009 5:23 pm

re: #13 by m

Asahi
    is what I’m drinking. I love Japanese Beer.

19. 19 | August 23, 2009 5:26 pm

re: #15 by Bob in Breckenridge

Icarus is now pushing the Global Warming scam over at the Stalker Blog.

20 | August 23, 2009 5:26 pm

re: #12 by spidly

I had heard that people in Quebec had actually won a decision in Canadian court that allowed some private medicine to return.

22 | August 23, 2009 5:29 pm

re: #18 by Rodan

I only ever tried Sapporo. Also Tsingtao I think from China (yech..)

22. m
    23 | August 23, 2009 5:39 pm

re: #18 by Rodan

I can’t drink any kind of beer. (although I have only tried a couple, bleh) I do like a mixed drink every now and then ~

23. Bob in Breckenridge
    24 | August 23, 2009 5:41 pm

re: #19 by Rodan

Right, that’s what I was referring to. I’m reading the comments. He’s getting reamed my most. Of course he has his ass-kissers defending him and AGW. Strangely though, most defending Nancy and the AGW hoax are people I’ve never heard of.

24. goddessoftheclassroom
    25 | August 23, 2009 5:42 pm

I’ve got to get ready for work tomorrow--I’m so excited to go back to school!

If any of y’all see Morgan, please tell him I said thanks for the movie info.

Nighty-night!

26 | August 23, 2009 5:44 pm

re: #19 by Rodan

Only idiots do that.

“Some day you will die and somehow something’s going to steal your carbon
    Some day you will die and somehow something’s going to steal your carbon
    Some day you will die somehow and something’s going to steal your carbon
    Some day you will die and someone or something will steal your carbon
    Some day something will die and somehow you’ll figure out how often
    You will die somehow and something’s going to steal your carbon
    Something will die and you will probably just steal its carbon
    Some day you will die somehow and something’s going to steal your carbon ” -- Modest Mouse

26. 27 | August 23, 2009 5:44 pm

re: #23 by m

You like Mai Tais?

27. Iron Fist
    28 | August 23, 2009 5:45 pm

re: #23 by m

I’ve had to quit drinking. Some days I’m more quit than thers, but I haven’t had a drink today. That is a good day.

:-)

28. 29 | August 23, 2009 5:47 pm

re: #24 by Bob in Breckenridge

Yup, he’s really a fanatic. He’s fallen so low its kind of sad. But he’s such a jerk that I’m enjoying his fall!

30 | August 23, 2009 5:48 pm

re: #28 by Iron Fist

I’m on two years as of two days ago. I was codependent with nicotine and so it’s been the same length of time with cigarettes.
    I still wake up from nightmares where I suddenly realize I’m doing one or the other in a cold sweat.

30. Bob in Breckenridge
    31 | August 23, 2009 5:48 pm

This idiot posting there as Coracle and defending Nancy and AGW is full of shit. He just posted-

140 Coracle
    8/23/2009 5:25:34 pm PDT
    down
    up
    re: #129 irongrampa

I’ll disagree there. We currently have the tech to make Wind and Solar combined well over 50% of our power needs. I think we need nukes, but they don’t have to be the dominant power source. Which is good, because wind and solar tech and hardware is also exportable, while nuclear is not.

That is 100% total bullshit, plain and simple, a bald-faced lie, if the moron actually believes it’s true.

/Somtimes I wish I could still post there so I could stomp Coracle like a bug.

31. 32 | August 23, 2009 5:49 pm

re: #15 by Bob in Breckenridge

His pussishness is bound to bring out the dreaded ban stick at any moment. Assault his religion and out you go.

32. 33 | August 23, 2009 5:50 pm

For every magawatt of wind you build you must also build a megawatt of peaking gas fired turbines, ‘cuz the wind, she no blow alla time.

33. 34 | August 23, 2009 5:52 pm

GOTC

Gat yer whip, chair, mace, taser and such?

34. m
    35 | August 23, 2009 5:55 pm

re: #27 by Rodan

You like Mai Tais?

Oh yeah.

re: #28 by Iron Fist

That is a good day.

Yep! For a quitter!

see, depending on how you look at it ~:D

35. Ma Sands
    36 | August 23, 2009 5:55 pm

re: #34 by BenZacharia

Ben! Remember: it is the kids themselves, who gave her that nickname --that oughta tell ya how she operates! : )

36. Iron Fist
    37 | August 23, 2009 5:55 pm

re: #30 by Bumr50

Congratulations! I had almost a year and I fucked it up. Time to start over and do it again.

37. 38 | August 23, 2009 5:56 pm

re: #35 by m

That’s my favorite Mixed Drink! I had my 1st one when I went to Vegas back in 95, I thought it was just Fruit Punch, then I was like Wow!

Can’t repeat my adventures that day!

:-)

38. 39 | August 23, 2009 5:58 pm

m

you may like shiner bock. The wifffeee haaates beer and loves shiner bock, go figure.

Beer may have no food value, but food has no beer value-Confucious

39. 40 | August 23, 2009 6:01 pm

My have to change my avataar. Some lefty threw another kitten out the window. The new one is no more than 4 weeks old, we’re feeding it home-made kitten formula ‘it’ is doing well.

40. m
    41 | August 23, 2009 6:01 pm

re: #37 by Iron Fist

Dang, for real?! My #35 was a foot in the mouth! I was only joking!

I keeed!

41. Iron Fist
    42 | August 23, 2009 6:01 pm

re: #31 by Bob in Breckenridge

Anyone who claims to be worried about “global warming” that isn’t pro-nuclear power probably isn’t really serious about it. Oh, they want to do stupid things like wind and solar. The problem with them is that you can’t store electricity in any quantity. You use it when it is generated. And you don’t generate it when the wind isn’t blowing or the sun isn’t shining. 50% of our capacity from that? This guy doesn’t know what he is talking about. Barring some massive new breakthrough in battery technology what he envisions isn’t possible.

Unless we reduce demand drastically. That is usually the real goal of people like this.

42. Macker
    43 | August 23, 2009 6:03 pm

re: #6 by Iron Fist

Hey Iron Fist! Percocet: la la la la la la la la!

43. Iron Fist
    44 | August 23, 2009 6:04 pm

re: #41 by m

{m}

I’m not sensitive about it. I got the joke. My health has taken a drastic turn for the worst over the last four years or so. Drinking doesn’t agree with me any longer. It is just that, for me at least, quitting is a little harder than just waking up and saying that phase of my life is over. But it has to be done. Wah.

44. m
    45 | August 23, 2009 6:05 pm

‘sup Macker!

Welcome to The Dark Side™

45. Bob in Breckenridge
    46 | August 23, 2009 6:05 pm

re: #32 by Foghorn Leghorn

I was thinking the same thing, Fog. Nancy hasn’t posted in awhile. I have a feeling Chuckles is checking out comments prior to the current thread to see if anyone needs to be whacked. If anyone gets banned tonight, it’ll be Van Helsing. He’s really kicking the AGW believer’s asses. Sattv4u also doing a good job.

BTW, great interview with serial killer Jeffery Dahmer and his parents on MSLSD right now.

46. m
    47 | August 23, 2009 6:06 pm

[{Iron Fist}]! You’ll kick it’s ass.

48 | August 23, 2009 6:08 pm

re: #37 by Iron Fist

Thanks! And it’s ok to start over as many times as you need.

I’ve been there.

48. Macker
    49 | August 23, 2009 6:09 pm

re: #45 by m

Um…thanks! Do I know you? 8)

49. m
    50 | August 23, 2009 6:09 pm

re: #46 by Bob in Breckenridge

No way, no how! TRUE BLOOD at the moment~ mmmmm eric… not bad for a thousand year old man!

See y’all later!

50. Bob in Breckenridge
    51 | August 23, 2009 6:10 pm

re: #33 by BenZacharia

And remember when they wanted to build them off the coast of the Kennedy’s compound in Hyannisport and the Kennedy’s had a fit and nixed (Including mega-environmentalist RFK Jr.) it because it would ruin their view? F’ing POS libtard hypocrites, one and all.

51. m
    52 | August 23, 2009 6:10 pm

re: #49 by Macker

Thought so from waaay back over there. Maybe not. The welcome doesn’t depend on it though.

52. 53 | August 23, 2009 6:10 pm

re: #42 by Iron Fist

They are not serious about the environment. Their agenda is a Government takeover of Economic activity. That is their agenda.

53. 54 | August 23, 2009 6:11 pm

re: #51 by Bob in Breckenridge

Progressive Regimes are the biggest polluters,

54. 55 | August 23, 2009 6:11 pm

re: #39 by BenZacharia

“Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and to celebrate the good days.”

-- Egyptian Proverb (probably before the muzzie invasion and genocide)

55. Bob in Breckenridge
    56 | August 23, 2009 6:12 pm

re: #42 by Iron Fist

BINGO!!!

56. 57 | August 23, 2009 6:12 pm

BoB

Ya see the gas baron Pickens is backing off building them too.

57. Bob in Breckenridge
    58 | August 23, 2009 6:14 pm

re: #50 by m

Who’s Eric, Michelle?

59 | August 23, 2009 6:16 pm

re: #42 by Iron Fist

Amen to that.
    Not so OT from that I patronized my local Whole Foods today, and am enjoying some coconut milk ice cream right now!

My fiancee got excited when I told her about how their CEO was getting slammed by the lefties after proposing alternatives to health insurance reform other than the nuclear one, and so we made our first trip.

I’d been there before as an inventory auditor.

Expensive, but definitely some cool stuff. Wish I could afford to shop there regular.

59. 60 | August 23, 2009 6:17 pm

re: #46 by Bob in Breckenridge

Yep, by now Nancy is hiking up her skirt and reaching for the rolling pin.

Cleansing to start in 3..2..1..

60. Bob in Breckenridge
    61 | August 23, 2009 6:18 pm

re: #57 by BenZacharia

LOL!!! I’ll checkout http://www.pickensplan.com and report back.

61. 62 | August 23, 2009 6:21 pm

“You can never buy beer, you just rent it.”

Archie Bunker

62. Ma Sands
    63 | August 23, 2009 6:21 pm

re: #40 by BenZacharia

You live on the edge of a wilderness, that that keeps happening? ):

--glad you are “there” for the poor things!

64 | August 23, 2009 6:21 pm

re: #42 by Iron Fist

HEY! I KNOW! If we put them in charge of health care, they can bring demand WAY down!! Brilliant!!

64. Bob in Breckenridge
    65 | August 23, 2009 6:26 pm

re: #61 by Bob in Breckenridge

On his homepage, right at the top, Pickens quotes Harry F’ing Reid! That right there proves it’s bullshit.

65. 66 | August 23, 2009 6:29 pm

You know what’s Hypocrital. Charles bans people, then gets mad when they come here.

66. 67 | August 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Ma Sands

We live in paradise, 20 miles N of the Sh*tty of Columbus. Our road is known to the locals as the place to dump kittens. Remote few houses just woods, streams and corn.

68 | August 23, 2009 6:32 pm

re: #66 by Rodan

That’s pretty unhealthy.

68. Bob in Breckenridge
    69 | August 23, 2009 6:32 pm

re: #66 by Rodan

Hope you don’t lose any sleep over this Rodan, but Nancy’s ass-kissers were pickin’ on you this morning.

/It made me jealous. I want to be picked too! Oh, and macker, you were a target also.

69. 70 | August 23, 2009 6:32 pm

re: #66 by Rodan

Good point!

Which makes for some interesting conjecture.

If CJ bans you from 1.0, and disapproves of you posting at 2.0, just what in his mind is an acceptable landing site?

70. 71 | August 23, 2009 6:33 pm

BoB

Revolving quote, now it’s teh won.

71. spidly
    72 | August 23, 2009 6:34 pm

I would like to remind proponents of HR3200 that we hold the moral and intellectual high ground and if confronted by someone who does not want universal healthcare federal style smack them down with honest to goodness truth and logic. Constitutional objections, objections to provisions in the bill(s), outcome based objections, et al. are best met with; “no it doesn’t/hasn’t/won’t”, “paulbot”, and “nirth certificate!” Then pass the health care sceptikkk up the food chain for a final “I can’t believe what I’m hearing,” before they are banned.
    With this unassailable logic based approach we will make all believers.

72. 73 | August 23, 2009 6:37 pm

re: #69 by Bob in Breckenridge

Yes I saw that, they are obsessed with me.

73. 74 | August 23, 2009 6:38 pm

re: #70 by Foghorn Leghorn

He wants to silence people, that is all. He’s a Totalitarian hypocrite.

74. 75 | August 23, 2009 6:41 pm

Okay, back to beer for the last time tonight.

The Obamination, who likes to pretend he’s Abe Lincoln like, should read a little bit more about him:

“I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.”
    -Abraham Lincoln

75. 76 | August 23, 2009 6:43 pm

BTW, who knew that Michelles mommy was into voodo.

76. 77 | August 23, 2009 6:45 pm

re: #76 by BenZacharia

AIEEEE!! My eyes!

(Talk about a 2-bagger). ;-)

78 | August 23, 2009 6:48 pm

re: #70 by Foghorn Leghorn

Harvard. Or better, Columbia.

78. Ma Sands
    79 | August 23, 2009 6:48 pm

re: #76 by BenZacharia

Forgot about that Michelle…..I’d hoped it wasn’t about the Malkin or Bachmann ones…..glad for THAT at least!

79. 80 | August 23, 2009 6:48 pm

Wonder who said this?

“The government, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.”

80. Runner
    81 | August 23, 2009 6:48 pm

Don’t know if this has been covered here but I just noticed CJ posted this link:

81. Runner
    82 | August 23, 2009 6:49 pm

re: #81 by Runner

Hey, where the heck is my pasted link? I still can’t figure out how to include a link. Boy, do I look dumb!

82. Runner
    83 | August 23, 2009 6:51 pm

One more try:

83. Runner
    84 | August 23, 2009 6:51 pm

How about this?

84. Runner
    85 | August 23, 2009 6:52 pm

re: #84 by Runner
    Success!!!

85. Runner
    86 | August 23, 2009 6:54 pm

re: #9 by Bob in Breckenridge

I read most of that thread and as usual LudwigvanQuixote chimes in with his usual claptrap.

86. spidly
    87 | August 23, 2009 6:56 pm

re: #20 by Bumr50

the canadian supreme court over ruled the state monopoly on health care in 2005.

“Access to a waiting list is not access to health care,” wrote Chief Justice Beverly McLachlin for the 4-3 Court

The court ruled that the waiting lists had become so long that they violated patients’ “liberty, safety and security” under the Quebec charter, which covers about one-quarter of Canada’s population.

“The evidence in this case shows that delays in the public health care system are widespread and that in some serious cases, patients die as a result of waiting lists for public health care,” the Supreme Court ruled. “In sum, the prohibition on obtaining private health insurance is not constitutional where the public system fails to deliver reasonable services.

4 years, dunno how much private practice has come, or how much they mess with you if you try to start up a practice.

87. Runner
    88 | August 23, 2009 6:57 pm

re: #39 by BenZacharia

You from Texas Ben? I love Shiner Bock but only get to drink a few times every decade when I make it back home.

88. Iron Fist
    89 | August 23, 2009 6:58 pm

re: #84 by Runner

This blog in a nutshell: America missed the golden opportunity to nuke Mecca just after 9/11

Charles linked that? Interesting.

89. Bob in Breckenridge
    90 | August 23, 2009 7:00 pm

Great post by Cato the Elder-

222 Cato the Elder
    8/23/2009 5:52:15 pm PDT
    down
    up
    Confession.

If you told me that giving up air conditioning in the summer would save the world, would I do it? Not that everyone else had to give it up, too, or that I had to give up anything other than a/c, or that I had to go cold in the winter. Just give up cool air in the humid dog days of summer. To save the world.

I would not.

Nor would you.

The world cannot be “saved” except by totalitarianism, a cure that is worse than the disease. If there is a disease.

90. Bob in Breckenridge
    91 | August 23, 2009 7:02 pm

re: #86 by Runner

I noticed that also, Runner.

91. Runner
    92 | August 23, 2009 7:03 pm

re: #89 by Iron Fist

Are you trying to make me smile.

92. 93 | August 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Runner

Nope, Wifffeee was commuting from Columbus to Dallas every week for a year, and she either came home every Fri or I went done and spent the weekend at her condo. That is where I got acquainted with Shiner.

93. Runner
    94 | August 23, 2009 7:05 pm

re: #89 by Iron Fist

That reminds me Ironfist, I have posted some things regarding how to deal with Osama and his crowd at 1.0 in the days before registration that would certainly get me banned today.

94. m
    95 | August 23, 2009 7:05 pm

re: #58 by Bob in Breckenridge

He’s the Vampire sheriff of Area 9. Sorry, I was in true blood mode :}

95. 96 | August 23, 2009 7:06 pm

re: #76 by BenZacharia

I was going top post on that last week.

96. 97 | August 23, 2009 7:06 pm

Runner

Shiner became available in Oh ’bout 8 months ago

97. song_and_dance_man
    98 | August 23, 2009 7:07 pm

What is all this then?

Haven’t read any comments just yet, but I must say what the Reprogressives are pushing is total Socialist crap. Hannity is all over it as is this site.

Oh wait…the one above,

re: #90 by Bob in Breckenridge

Cato posted something that you agree with? With all due respect you have lost any stars that might have been awarded.

98. 99 | August 23, 2009 7:07 pm

re: #88 by Runner

Shiner Bock!

Yep, good stuff.

When I get back to El Paso tonight I’ll have one (or 2 or 3 or 4) for you Runner.

;-)

99. Runner
    100 | August 23, 2009 7:08 pm

re: #91 by Bob in Breckenridge

Hey Bob, notice whenever there is an AGW thread you can count on LudwigVQ or Freektoken to show up. Although now there is a new AGW bootlicker, Coracle.

I’m surprised to see that Cato the Elder appears to be skeptical of AGW, unless I’m reading him wrong. Maybe he’s not such a prick after all.

Nah, he’s a prick despite being right sometimes!

100. Runner
    101 | August 23, 2009 7:09 pm

re: #99 by Foghorn Leghorn

Lucky Foghorn!

101. 102 | August 23, 2009 7:11 pm

re: #95 by m

This beer is getting to me and the Yanks are winning 7-3!!!!!!!!!

102. Bob in Breckenridge
    103 | August 23, 2009 7:12 pm

re: #88 by Runner

I can buy Shiner Bock here in 6 and 12 packs. Great stuff!!!!

103. 104 | August 23, 2009 7:13 pm

re: #95 by m

Vampire Flick lover are you!

104. song_and_dance_man
    105 | August 23, 2009 7:13 pm

re: #100 by Runner

You have pegged him right. He left 1.0 because of an ongoing brouhaha between us and didn’t return until I was shown the door.

I hope he shows up here someday when I can continue to take his goat.

105. My5princesses
    106 | August 23, 2009 7:13 pm

re: #102 by Rodan

The Phillies already won today against that NY team, ending it with an unassisted triple play.

BTW, welcome to the world of capitalism.

106. Bob in Breckenridge
    107 | August 23, 2009 7:15 pm

re: #95 by m

That’s okay Michelle, I was just wondering.

107. Runner
    108 | August 23, 2009 7:15 pm

re: #102 by Rodan

This beer is getting to me and the Yanks are winning 7-3!!!!!!!!!

Boo! I’m crying in my beer watching my Sox slowly sink….

108. 109 | August 23, 2009 7:16 pm

re: #103 by Bob in Breckenridge

Much different on tap.

I’m a big Guinness fan. The first time I had it on tap was years ago on a business trip to the U.K. I couldn’t believe how much better it was there.

Oh, I do love Guinness.

109. Runner
    110 | August 23, 2009 7:16 pm

re: #105 by song_and_dance_man

You’re saying Cato left for a time? I must have missed that.

110. Runner
    111 | August 23, 2009 7:18 pm

re: #109 by Foghorn Leghorn

Plus you have time to write a novel while it’s being drawn! Did they give you a shamrock pattern in the foam?

111. 112 | August 23, 2009 7:18 pm

re: #108 by Runner

What’s up with Beckett? His last 2 starts he’s giving up Home Runs.

Do you think he’s hurt?

112. m
    113 | August 23, 2009 7:19 pm

re: #104 by Rodan

I am. True Blood is based off of these, but they are kinda different (isn’t that always how it goes). I luved the Twilight series too.

113. 114 | August 23, 2009 7:19 pm

re: #106 by My5princesses

The other NY team!

Yes I have joined the real world of Markets and Capital!

114. 115 | August 23, 2009 7:20 pm

re: #113 by m

I had an Ex Girlfriend who was big into Ann Rice.

115. Runner
    116 | August 23, 2009 7:21 pm

re: #112 by Rodan

I don’t know but he’s been off his game for sure. On a better note, I do like the newcomer Junichi Tazawa. At least last night I liked him. :)

116. My5princesses
    117 | August 23, 2009 7:22 pm

re: #114 by Rodan

Glad you came around finally, knew we’d wear on you like sandpaper.

You’re not a NYGiants fan are you? Cause this could mean serious trash talking.

117. Bob in Breckenridge
    118 | August 23, 2009 7:22 pm

re: #98 by song_and_dance_man

Did you read what he wrote? I disagree with a lot of things that are posted, but when someone posts something worthwhile, even if I usually disagree with them, I’ll say that it was a good post, and Cato’s was a good post.

118. Runner
    119 | August 23, 2009 7:23 pm

re: #113 by m

I luved the Twilight series too.

My wife LOVES Twilight and True Blood. But more appropriately she loves Robert Pattinson! She even has a blog about her obsession with him.

119. 120 | August 23, 2009 7:24 pm

re: #111 by Runner

Oh hell yea. I loved the Shamrock in the foam.

Haven’t been able to get a bartender here in the U.S. to do one for me yet.

120. Runner
    121 | August 23, 2009 7:26 pm

re: #118 by Bob in Breckenridge

Cato posted quite a few good comments in that thread. As I’ve stated before, he is most definitely a prick but his thoughts on AGW were interesting. I can’t figure him out.

121. Runner
    122 | August 23, 2009 7:29 pm

re: #120 by Foghorn Leghorn

Oh hell yea. I loved the Shamrock in the foam.

Haven’t been able to get a bartender here in the U.S. to do one for me yet.

I’ve been to one place in San Diego and a couple in Boston that will do it.

A lot of US bartenders will just pull a Guinness like any other beer, sadly.

122. m
    123 | August 23, 2009 7:30 pm

re: #119 by Runner

:D

123. 124 | August 23, 2009 7:30 pm

TTFN

124. song_and_dance_man
    125 | August 23, 2009 7:30 pm

re: #110 by Runner

That’s correct. He and I had many non gentle episodes that left him flummoxed. The right leaning discourse at that time there concerned spiritual matters that were obviously foreign to him and he could not answer in a way that satisfied the other readers whom at the time were not the evolution loving and God denying echoists that consume the site now.

He left right after Babba and I, along with a huge host of others, began to speak about the importance of the Lord Yeshua.

And in time anyone who spoke up with real conviction about the Eternal, the Creator, has been banned.

And so Cato is back.

It is a service to the reprobates that frequent that site -- a fitting quandary.

125. Runner
    126 | August 23, 2009 7:31 pm

re: #123 by m

Can I deduce by your comment that you are Robsessed as well?

126. m
    127 | August 23, 2009 7:32 pm

re: #126 by Runner

Well…

:blush:

127. 128 | August 23, 2009 7:32 pm

re: #117 by My5princesses

Giants fan all the way!

Let me guess, Eagles?

128. 129 | August 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Oh, one last thing.

m

If I said “ya gots such a purdy mouth.” would your hubby git upset?

129. 130 | August 23, 2009 7:34 pm

re: #116 by Runner

You have to rub in yesterday’s Game?

LOL

130. Runner
    131 | August 23, 2009 7:34 pm

re: #125 by song_and_dance_man

Wow. I didn’t know about all that.

And I love your term “non gentle”.

131. song_and_dance_man
    132 | August 23, 2009 7:37 pm

re: #118 by Bob in Breckenridge

I read it and see it as nothing more than a small protest about a so called green thing that is inconsequential.

/cz

132. Runner
    133 | August 23, 2009 7:39 pm

re: #130 by Rodan

You have to rub in yesterday’s Game?

Would have been a great day to be at Fenway! Although I would love to be there tonight as well, no matter the outcome.

133. m
    134 | August 23, 2009 7:41 pm

re: #129 by BenZacharia

LOL! I guess without banjo music playing he’d be alright with it.

:}

134. Runner
    135 | August 23, 2009 7:44 pm

re: #127 by m

Boy, us mortals just can’t compete with Edward Cullen!

135. Macker
    136 | August 23, 2009 7:46 pm

re: #74 by Rodan

You got that right. I called him out on his bullshit and what does he do? He also blocks my e-mail access to him. What a coward.

136. My5princesses
    137 | August 23, 2009 7:47 pm

re: #128 by Rodan

Yep, and now I know who to trash talk or hide from a couple times this fall.

They should be good games this year too.

I was feeling much younger than my age until I tore up my shoulder yesterday playing softball. Now, I can barely take off my tee shirt, get in a car or take a shower. At least I can still walk the dog, but messing with da wife could be a problem I’ll have to figure out.

137. song_and_dance_man
    138 | August 23, 2009 7:49 pm

re: #131 by Runner

It’s the truth. But of course you will not find a single post of mine there anymore. However, and I refrained from mentioning it till now, my entry/story hat tips are still there.

*well there goes them*

138. m
    139 | August 23, 2009 7:49 pm

re: #137 by My5princesses

But didja win?

139. Runner
    140 | August 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Damn.

Yankees up 8 to 4.

140. OKshoot
    141 | August 23, 2009 7:51 pm

re: #43 by Macker

Percodan, boys. Much better.

141. 142 | August 23, 2009 7:51 pm

re: #137 by My5princesses

Man Up!

You have a back.
    ;-)

142. m
    143 | August 23, 2009 7:53 pm

re: #135 by Runner

It’s the danger factor, lol.

143. song_and_dance_man
    144 | August 23, 2009 7:54 pm

Well I might as well enter the fray

GO RAIDERS.

*UPDATE* I’m not a Davis fan

144. Runner
    145 | August 23, 2009 7:54 pm

re: #138 by song_and_dance_man

I remember you and your comments from there. We only had a couple of interactions ourselves but you and many more now at 2.0 are recognized by me.

145. Bob in Breckenridge
    146 | August 23, 2009 7:55 pm

re: #100 by Runner

Honestly, I don’t remember much about Cato, other than his nic. But he was spot-on with his totalitarianism comparison. I give credit where credit is due.

146. Runner
    147 | August 23, 2009 7:57 pm

re: #143 by m

It’s the danger factor, lol.

Hey, I don’t wear a helmet when riding my bike! Don’t I qualify? Oh yeah, I can’t turn someone into the living dead….

147. Ma Sands
    148 | August 23, 2009 7:58 pm

re: #137 by My5princesses

I tore up my shoulder yesterday playing softball

Aw! I’m sorry for ya! ):

148. m
    149 | August 23, 2009 7:59 pm

re: #147 by Runner

Something worked. She married you ~:D

149. Runner
    150 | August 23, 2009 7:59 pm

re: #146 by Bob in Breckenridge

I agree. See my #121.

150. My5princesses
    151 | August 23, 2009 8:00 pm

re: #139 by m

We won that game fortunately. Unfortunately, I was hurt in the first of six games we played. Why couldn’t be the last? My wife was happy I was home, we had a picnic for the Church Youth Group. I felt so helpless cleaning up, usually I do everything myself.

My teammate I ran into is 50 lbs lighter than me, and he has a broken wrist.

The ER doctor thinks it’s an AC tear in my right shoulder, it hoits.

How ya doin’ precious?

151. Bob in Breckenridge
    152 | August 23, 2009 8:00 pm

re: #121 by Runner

Maybe like the old saying Runner- A broken watch is right twice a day.

152. My5princesses
    153 | August 23, 2009 8:02 pm

re: #142 by Foghorn Leghorn

The Queen thought she’d be getting a break, but I didn’t agree to that! We’ll see.

153. Runner
    154 | August 23, 2009 8:03 pm

re: #149 by m

Well, I do have a six-degrees connection to the 90s band, The Toadies with their Twilight-fan misunderstood “Possum Kingdom”.

154. Bob in Breckenridge
    155 | August 23, 2009 8:04 pm

MSLSD is doing a few “To Catch A Predator” shows back to back right now. I love watching these perverts busted. Funny how so many of the pervs busted are of the muslim “faith”…

155. m
    156 | August 23, 2009 8:05 pm

re: #151 by My5princesses

Oh man, that’s bad! Sounds like the princesses are going to have to spoil the King for awhile!

Trying to psych myself up for manyana. It’s not working.

bleh

Everyone have a great rest of your evening!!

g’night johnboy!

156. My5princesses
    157 | August 23, 2009 8:05 pm

re: #148 by Ma Sands

Thanks loverly lady, I’m not used to pain or not being able to do everything I want.

I might have to get someone to help me around the house (except with the chasing the wife part, of course).

You got any flowers on those Dahlias?

157. 158 | August 23, 2009 8:07 pm

re: #133 by Runner

Fenway is an institution, I have been there. I think its a sin they destroyed the Old Yankee Stadium.

158. Ma Sands
    159 | August 23, 2009 8:08 pm

re: #157 by My5princesses

Nope. Not yet. But, I tell ya, I’m enjoying the plant part of ‘em --I’ve never seen such strong plants before! : )

Pain. I’ve heard that’s a thing guys don’t do so well with…..

159. 160 | August 23, 2009 8:08 pm

re: #155 by Bob in Breckenridge

I love that show. I love seeing these scum get what they deserve.

160. Bordm
    161 | August 23, 2009 8:09 pm

1.0 now resembles a dilapidated whore house with a freshly painted façade, that once inside, smells of raw sewage and urine. Nancy has become the syphilitic madam with a stable of obese middle age hookers, who couldn’t get laid even if they were paying the customers. Occasionally a normal person, accidentally wanders in, thinking it is a legitimate business and is rolled by his skanks, then thrown out into the street. Nancy then sends Irish Poser or one of his other pools of sludge to follow them and scream about how they were “betrayed” by that person. At the end of the night, Sharmutant, Killgore Guppy and Irish Poser turn all their hard earned quarters over to Nancy, to help defray to cost of their “luxurious” lifestyle.

/JMHO

161. song_and_dance_man
    162 | August 23, 2009 8:10 pm

re: #145 by Runner

What I find really cool about this site is folk like you and I, and so many others, have found each other again.

I tend to find the criticism of 1.0 that is keyed here to be, sometimes, over the top, but over all it has a healthy fact check your ass construct that has been forgotten by those who were on the cutting edge of what that means.

And that is a shame. But not for us.

162. Runner
    163 | August 23, 2009 8:12 pm

re: #158 by Rodan

You are right on both counts Rodan. I once worked for a company in Boston that held corporate luxury suites at Fenway and I kick myself that I never took advantage of this while employed there.

163. 164 | August 23, 2009 8:15 pm

re: #159 by Ma Sands

Pain. I’ve heard that’s a thing guys don’t do so well with…..

That’s ’cause it hurts!

Geez.

164. Runner
    165 | August 23, 2009 8:16 pm

re: #162 by song_and_dance_man

I echo that sentiment. I’m not too keen on the over the top comments and frankly it prevents me from embracing 2.0 wholeheartedly but I see no alternative. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy dissecting what’s happened at LGF but I don’t hold grudges and CJ can do what he wants to his blog. Does that make sense?

165. My5princesses
    166 | August 23, 2009 8:16 pm

re: #159 by Ma Sands

You have until frost for them to flower, remember to dig them up and store them.

I can’t stand watching my family suffer any type of pain, especially my daughters and the pain of relationships. I told the oldest one that I should just smack potential BFs around when she first meets them, then if they come back, they must really dig her. She’s starting to warm to that idea.

I don’t like going to the DR unless I have to, but I’m calling tomorrow. I gotta be ready for next Spring!

I’m really tired and on some meds. I’ll talk to you again sunshine. Hope you’re still heaping that lovin on the Grandbabies, cause mine littlest princess is getting her share.

God bless and good nite to all.

166. Runner
    167 | August 23, 2009 8:18 pm

re: #165 by Runner

I should update this by saying that I have come to read 2.0 every day mainly due to Rodan’s threads.

167. 168 | August 23, 2009 8:18 pm

re: #161 by Bordm

Brilliant!

That description should be permanent front page on this blog.

168. Runner
    169 | August 23, 2009 8:19 pm

By the way, what happened to Wrath? I haven’t seen him posting lately. I hope he’s not ill.

169. 170 | August 23, 2009 8:19 pm

re: #162 by song_and_dance_man

I’m really glad many old friends have reunited here.

170. Ma Sands
    171 | August 23, 2009 8:20 pm

re: #166 by My5princesses

(If ya can lay yer hands on some emu oil….that works! --I got a free sample, and it keeps the aches away from my wrists & arms, so’s I kin type here….. : )

171. Runner
    172 | August 23, 2009 8:20 pm

And now I should go and eat a late snack before retiring. Later 2.0ers.

172. Bob in Breckenridge
    173 | August 23, 2009 8:21 pm

re: #161 by Bordm

LOL, Bordm!!! I first got banned from Chuckle’s cesspool for telling Killgore Guppy, on election night, when the loser was saying he was happy The Zero™ won, that he was so pathetic he couldn’t get laid in a whorehouse.

173. Ma Sands
    174 | August 23, 2009 8:21 pm

re: #164 by Foghorn Leghorn

Huh! Any excuse in a pinch!

/ :)

174. 175 | August 23, 2009 8:22 pm

re: #161 by Bordm

Then he complains that when he bans someone they come here. He’s really a sick man.

175. Bordm
    176 | August 23, 2009 8:25 pm

re: #168 by Foghorn Leghorn

Thanks, I tried to get the right mix of satire, sarcasm and humor.

176. Doppelganger
    177 | August 23, 2009 8:26 pm

Don’t worry about healthcare everybody : Charles and Charlmuta are busy tackling school board creationists and God Forbid people who think Islamists trying to kill us are a danger.

sleep well sheeple at 1.0

177. Doppelganger
    178 | August 23, 2009 8:27 pm

First of all : I think Killgore Is Charles.
    and Charlesmuta is his momma

178. Doppelganger
    179 | August 23, 2009 8:29 pm

Killbore didn’t vote/ he stayed home and jerked off.
    look it up. it’s there.
    so basically for killbore, every night is election night since he hasn’t been laid since the unfortunate glory hole incident in high school

179. Bob in Breckenridge
    180 | August 23, 2009 8:29 pm

re: #169 by Runner

I was wondering about that myself. I haven’t seen Wrath here in awhile.

180. Doppelganger
    181 | August 23, 2009 8:30 pm

and Paula is a bum on welfare.
    Get a life lady

181. Bob in Breckenridge
    182 | August 23, 2009 8:32 pm

re: #175 by Rodan

Funny thing is they all seem to know we’re here, even the ones who claim to detest us. Well, until they’re banned.

182. 183 | August 23, 2009 8:32 pm

re: #42 by Iron Fist

not to mention that you lose alot in transport and not all areas have sufficient sun or wind to be viable.

such power is regional. I support people doing solar or wind on their own land, but as a primary source? nah.

183. 184 | August 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Hey I have an overnight Open thread with a funny video!

184. song_and_dance_man
    185 | August 23, 2009 8:41 pm

re: #165 by Runner

And as you and I agree there are many others who share this sentiment.

I will now speak plainly and will outlay a long perceived problem observed by many.

This site has had many visitors and they no longer appear here. I suspect they were looking for a site to conflict and share their convictions about shared concerns, but in my opinion the initial overwhelming unreasonable lambasting of 1.0 turned many off. I was one of them and truly considered posting elsewhere.

IMHO Rodan is on the right track and is reporting the issues of the day.

I understand that 1.0 will promote many more to come here, and if they have some concern about their handling there, that is OK. But we have an obligation for truths sake to report the facts without over the top foul and vile pimp talk.

185. Bordm
    186 | August 23, 2009 8:41 pm

re: #179 by Doppelganger

So,what you’re saying is, the only time he gets a piece of ass is when his fingers slip through the toilet paper?

186. song_and_dance_man
    187 | August 23, 2009 8:43 pm

re: #170 by Rodan

Hear, hear! I love that so many of us that were elsewhere are now here.

187. 188 | August 23, 2009 8:50 pm

re: #185 by song_and_dance_man

Yes I no waste posts on Charles. I am focused on the Progressives. Since then our Traffic is up and the comments.

188. Sparky
    189 | August 23, 2009 9:08 pm

re: #188 by Rodan

Yes, your articles have had more punch lately, good work.
    Also, I do see necessity for many of the free birds to vent and redirect their energies, they have invested much time over there. With time most let it go, but with the constant bannings, the new flock will always need this, and this is the place to do it. Let’s help them, do we have a 12 step program for those who can’t go cold turkey?

189. song_and_dance_man
    190 | August 23, 2009 9:15 pm

re: #188 by Rodan

As I said in so many other words, you are on forefront of what this site should be and is to become.

Yeah, I may have shut down this thread by what I posted, but I have semi-sweet convictions about what 2.0 may become.

It was my understanding that 2.0 was the new version, a new vision, of what 1.0 left behind as inconsequential-that is the concerns of conservatives who lost their voice at the site that lost that voice- and was to be picked up by a not so new breed.

Hey, many of us have been around the block more than once.

190. 191 | August 23, 2009 9:20 pm

re: #190 by song_and_dance_man

That is my goal, to give Conservatives and Libertarians a place where they can comment on today’s subject. Right now I am focused on the Progressive movement like a laser.

191. m
    192 | August 23, 2009 9:26 pm

re: #189 by Sparky

Each poster is in a different stage. Some have completed the program.

{S&DM}

The blog itself is going through it’s own stages. We’ve come a long way from lgfsucks.wordpress.com

:D

I need to redirect theblogmocracy.com to blogmocracy.com instead of the other way around like it is now.

We’ll eventually move on.

(charles doesn’t help matters when his crazy keeps coming in stages. either that or people just have different snapping thresholds)

192. 193 | August 23, 2009 9:43 pm

re: #192 by m

I keep meaning to have more threads, but I find myself either out of physical time, or with mental preoccupations.

193. Sparky
    194 | August 23, 2009 9:46 pm

re: #192 by m

Well I like the tone around here lately. Many references to 1.0 are about topics that aren’t posted here much, so we have a repressed demand. Also, many are fighting at the Defenseman sight and carrying that over here, personally I think that should stop as it just gives them more breath. But to each his/her own.
    Kids went back to school last week, so we have shifted from summer fun to scholastics again. The left coast here says goodnight.

194. Bob in Breckenridge
    195 | August 23, 2009 9:48 pm

re: #193 by LanceKates

Not sure about you Lance, but I like to wait at least three hours before I post a thread after someone else’s, unless it’s important breaking news.

195. 196 | August 23, 2009 9:49 pm

re: #195 by Bob in Breckenridge

Well, I generally try, but I was speaking more about why it’s been a LONG time since I posted, in comparison with all’y'all.

btw, beltfed supplied a link to a pdf of that letter you posted that thread on, so I added the link to your post.

196. Bob in Breckenridge
    197 | August 23, 2009 9:49 pm

re: #193 by LanceKates

What happened to Wrath?

197. 198 | August 23, 2009 9:51 pm

re: #197 by Bob in Breckenridge

Vacation I believe.

198. Bob in Breckenridge
    199 | August 23, 2009 9:55 pm

re: #196 by LanceKates

I know Lance- My post Saturday was my first in over a week. I’m fortunate enough to be self-employed, but I won’t post just for the sake of posting.

I always wait until I find something interesting that I think ALL of us will be interested in, like this post. I’ll leave the open threads or music threads to the others.

199. 200 | August 23, 2009 9:59 pm

re: #199 by Bob in Breckenridge

I keep wanting to put something up, but I”m kind of at a point now where the passion is a bit low.

200. spidly
    201 | August 23, 2009 10:00 pm

re: #197 by Bob in Breckenridge
    he is on the kirly banned list. That had to have happened recently. Pretty sure was still there when I was banned.

201. 202 | August 23, 2009 10:03 pm

re: #201 by spidly

Wrath is one of the Admins here.

202. spidly
    203 | August 23, 2009 10:08 pm

re: #202 by LanceKates
    DOH.
    When did he get banned from 1.0 and for what?

203. Bob in Breckenridge
    204 | August 23, 2009 10:08 pm

BTW, I’m not implying that our open threads can’t be or aren’t interesting, just that I’ll let others do it. We don’t have the registered users yet that 1.0 has, but we also don’t ban those we disagree with.
    And a lot of those at 1.0 seem to know we’re here, since they’re so obsessed with us.
    They claim we’re obsessed with them, but if you compare the number of registered users they have after all these years (thousands, but maybe 10% post regularly or occasionally) to the relatively few we have, the ratio is not even close.
    Hells bells, Nancy has probably banned more of his readers than we have registered here. But that’s okay. We’ll take our quality over his quantity any day of the week.
    And we NEVER ban anyone for having a different opinion, no matter whom they disagree with.
    Can you read that, SanFranciscoZionist?

204. Et Norsk Troll
    205 | August 23, 2009 10:47 pm

re: #28 by Iron Fist

Rehab is for quitters, Iron Fist.

Remember that.

~Norsk Troll

*wink*

205. Beltfed
    206 | August 23, 2009 11:35 pm

re: #161 by Bordm

A stable of obese middle age hookers, who couldn’t get laid even if they were paying the customers

kinda like the hooker standing in the street corner with flies circling above her head.

Never patronize them, said my old DI.

206. Sprite
    207 | August 24, 2009 1:28 am

Re: #161 Bordm,

Perfect…. lol! /I’ve always loved your comments.

And to Rodan,

Your posts are quite wonderful and certainly help to ‘make’ this place. That you’ve embraced capitalism is a big part of it. Kudos!

207. mary lee