by Bob in Breckenridge ( 189 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Economy, Sports at September 29th, 2009 - 12:07 am

The Zero™ ignores the fact that the vast majority of Chicagoans do not want the Olympics held there, due to the cost to the taxpayers, who already live in one the highest taxed cities in the USA, and that they would prefer that they be held ANYWHERE else.

Typical Chicago libtard. He doesn’t give a rat’s ass what the majority of the people, who will have to pay for it, and suffer through the massive traffic messes, have to say.

He knows what’s best for the serfs.

Chicago 2016 Olympics: President Barack Obama is going to Copenhagen to support city’s bid

Olympic observers expressed unfettered enthusiasm Monday over President Barack Obama’s announcement that he would go to Copenhagen and pitch Chicago’s 2016 Olympic bid.

Some predicted that the quick trip — he plans to be on the ground only four or five hours — could make the difference between Chicago winning and losing the Summer Games.

“It’s very positive,” said Mitt Romney, the ex-GOP presidential candidate who rescued the scandal-tainted 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics. “I think his presence makes the likelihood of a Chicago win very good indeed. Had he not gone, we almost certainly would have lost.”

Romney isn’t among those with votes, and the impact of Obama’s trip will be difficult to assess because voting by 100-plus International Olympic Committee members is by secret ballot. But some IOC voters were clearly impressed.

“The impact of his presence in the Chicago delegation is not multiplied by double,” said IOC member Ottavio Cinquanta of Italy. “This impact can be multiplied by 25.”

After weeks of indicating that Obama might not be able to go because of pressing business at home, the White House said Obama would join his wife, Michelle, for the presentation Friday, the day the host city will be picked.

Michelle Obama, at a media briefing Monday, said the president decided over the weekend to go.

“I think it is very good for the Chicago bid,” said Gerhard Heiberg of Norway, a member of the IOC’s 15-person executive board. “He is a dynamic person who gets his message across.”

Peter Tallberg, an IOC member from Finland, agreed that Obama’s in-person lobbying “can have an influence on the voting.” But when asked whether it might sway a couple of votes, Tallberg said: “The IOC is the most unpredictable group of human beings in the world.”

Read the rest here

Comments

189 Responses to “I guess all our economic problems here have been solved, so our Idiot-in-chief will waste another few million of our tax dollars to fly to Denmark so Chicago may get the 2016 Olympics”

1. Beltfed
    1 | September 29, 2009 12:26 am

Cash cow for the mob.

2. Mad Mullah
    2 | September 29, 2009 12:28 am

No expenses are spared when jetting around the world mostly for his own benefit and ego, but giving pensions to 26 elderly members of the World War II Alaska Territorial Guard is not an expense that Obama thinks is worthy.

Is it because Palin is from Alaska, or does he just hate the US military, or both?

It’s too bad that these World War II veterans weren’t Black Panthers, that would’ve probably sealed the deal.

WASHINGTON — In a strongly worded message to Congress outlining presidential priorities for a military spending bill, the Obama administration said Friday it disapproved of including money for pensions for 26 elderly members of the World War II-era Alaska Territorial Guard.

3. linoleumknife
    3 | September 29, 2009 12:32 am

re: #2 by Mad Mullah

Holy crap, if I had the money, I would pay that myself. I’m sure most Americans would. This man is out of touch to the point that it is scary.

4. Beltfed
    4 | September 29, 2009 12:42 am

re: #2 by Mad Mullah

Yep, the vets get the shaft again.

5. IslandLibertarian
    5 | September 29, 2009 12:44 am

We are being used and abused by a gang of thugs and thieves.
    The bullshit line “I’m for the little guy.” is really insulting.

6. Bob in Breckenridge
    6 | September 29, 2009 12:48 am

re: #2 by Mad Mullah

I’ll post a thread about that later this evening…

7. African Moondog
    7 | September 29, 2009 12:49 am

OT,

Mark Steyn infuriates selrahC to in continental tremors as he comes out in support of Glenn Beck.

“Sad to say, many who should know better go along with it. Our old comrade David Frum wrote a piece called “Whose Side Is Glenn Beck On?” Well, in the space of a week Beck claimed the scalps of Van Jones, Acorn and that Yosi Sergant guy at the NEA, none of whom should ever have been anywhere near the corridors of power but who’d still be there if it weren’t for Beck. So whoever’s side he is on, it seems pretty clear he’s not on the Obama Administration’s.”

8. IslandLibertarian
    8 | September 29, 2009 12:51 am

…….and one more thing……I hope the IOC picks another country and sends The Big “0″ back to Washington with his narcissistic tail between his legs.
    Eff’n asshole really thinks he’s a rock star.

9. Rightside
    9 | September 29, 2009 12:52 am

Morning, everybody.

10. linoleumknife
    10 | September 29, 2009 12:53 am

re: #6 by Bob in Breckenridge

Thank you.

11. linoleumknife
    11 | September 29, 2009 12:54 am

re: #9 by Rightside

Mornin’

12. linoleumknife
    12 | September 29, 2009 12:59 am

re: #2 by Mad Mullah

You know it is amazing really. The same asshats who tell us it is a moral obligation to pass government run health care are the same people who will not do the moral thing, and support our troops. I have no use for them, or anyone who defends them.

13. Number6
    13 | September 29, 2009 12:59 am

Chucky and his ilk are going to have a lot more to be infuriated about. The Obama administration is taking fire from all directions with no end in sight. When it gets down to competence, either it is there or it isn’t. People don’t trust anymore that Obama can or will fix what is wrong. They see him making it worse daily.

14. linoleumknife
    14 | September 29, 2009 1:06 am

re: #13 by Number6

He’s a sanctimonious prick. I hope his computer gets a virus.

15. linoleumknife
    15 | September 29, 2009 1:07 am

re: #14 by linoleumknife

Chuckles, not Obama. Just to make that clear.

16. African Moondog
    16 | September 29, 2009 1:08 am

re: #13 by Number6
    {Number 6}

Sorry to go on about Steyn but in the OC register he does more than give fire but sends a veritable broadside.

17. 17 | September 29, 2009 1:10 am

Lets Review.

People don’t want the Games, Mayor and Unions do.

Obviously the Chicago Machine is going to suck in money big time and the taxpayers will get fleeced.

Of course Teh Won has to fly there and bring home the graft err, the Games.

18. Number6
    18 | September 29, 2009 1:11 am

re: #15 by linoleumknife

Hiya, linoleumknife! I knew what you meant, although it is hard to keep tell one arrogant prick from another these days.

19. linoleumknife
    19 | September 29, 2009 1:18 am

re: #18 by Number6

{Waves back} LOL, you’re right about that.

20. Edouard
    20 | September 29, 2009 1:18 am

Obama’s Copenhagen trip is ridiculous. I find it to be yet another act of vanity.

Why can’t he summit his military advisors RIGHT NOW and deal with the urgent assessments and immediate needs outlined by the McChrystal report?

No, he just has to go do the bidding of his Chicago Machine paymasters and wing away to Denmark to go make a sales job for that damn city to the International Olympic Committee, an act which should be beneath him.

It’s like the President of the United States standing at a craps table with dice, exposing himself to a very public gamble.

He will spend some of his precious authority begging the favor of a committee of people who rightly should be the American president’s inferiors.

I find our president pathetic, truly.

21. linoleumknife
    22 | September 29, 2009 1:21 am

re: #20 by Edouard

Wow, I could not have said that any better. Hell, I don’t think I could have said it with that much focus. He truly is an embaressment.

22. Number6
    23 | September 29, 2009 1:26 am

The World is in flames, our economy is in the shitter and this asshole is going to spend a billion dollars flying to Denmark to get the Olympic games for Chicago, to line the pockets of his cronies. The people who can’t afford the gas to go buy milk must be thrilled.

23. GootoYoubywayoftheZoo
    24 | September 29, 2009 1:31 am

Good morning everyone who is awake.

Some excellenet points as usual about the object of derision that sits in the Oval office.
    The news about denying the veterans is really stomach turning.

24. Number6
    25 | September 29, 2009 1:35 am

re: #24 by GootoYoubywayoftheZoo

“Moving on, Shoudln’t SelrahC and the other enviromentalists be concerned about the “carbon footprint” this trip will be generating? I mean if they were TRULY concerned about Gorebull Warming.”

Only when Republicans fly, otherwise they don’t want us to notice. Bottom line, they are full of shit and so is everyone who supports them.

25. uptight
    26 | September 29, 2009 1:44 am

A lot of juicy contracts there. Lots of cash flying into the pockets of mobbed up Chicago unions.

I wonder if Rezko will be in jail by then.

26. Number6
    27 | September 29, 2009 1:47 am

Rezko should avoid aspirin overdoses. ;-)

27. bluliner10
    28 | September 29, 2009 1:55 am

1/20/2013

28. linoleumknife
    29 | September 29, 2009 1:56 am

re: #28 by bluliner10

It could not get here fast enough. Unless he is re-elected then I will go live in a cave somewhere.

29. Dhimmitude
    30 | September 29, 2009 1:56 am

If he comes back and the IOC picks another country it’s going to be a major p.r. FAIL for the O.

He couldn’t really not go as the other heads of state are going … he never would’ve lived that down p.r. wise.

30. Number6
    31 | September 29, 2009 1:57 am

I think we are going to see some amazing shit come down before this is over. Honest people will be tested to the limit and beyond. Where it will go after that I’m not sure--but I am sure that this is a good time to look after your own security and that of your family.

31. Number6
    32 | September 29, 2009 1:59 am

re: #30 by Dhimmitude

He is expending political capital on something that will only benefit a few. It seems foolish and arrogant to me. It also shows a lack of priorities.

32. bluliner10
    33 | September 29, 2009 2:16 am

re: #29 by linoleumknife

I am moving to the Philippines…I have my government insured health care…

33. Number6
    34 | September 29, 2009 2:20 am

re: #33 by bluliner10

I’m staying here. I’ve got Medicare, private insurance and a .45.

;-)

34. Number6
    35 | September 29, 2009 2:28 am

Mark Steyn:

“Don’t take your opponents at face value; listen to what they’re really saying. What does the frenzy unleashed on Sarah Palin last fall tell us? What does Newsweek’s “Mad Man” cover on Glenn Beck mean? Why have “civility” drones like Joe Klein so eagerly adopted Anderson Cooper’s scrotal “teabagging” slur and characterized as “racists” and “terrorists” what are (certainly by comparison with the anti-G20 crowd) the best behaved and tidiest street agitators in modern history?”

36 | September 29, 2009 2:29 am

re: #7 by African Moondog

I’ve written this response to Riehl’s piece over at PJM.

“I think Glenn Beck is a genuine person that at times allows his emotion to get the better of him. Without Beck, the 9/12 rally DOES NOT HAPPEN.
    I’m not sure where you get “co-opting” from, if indeed you’re not defending your admitted friend Mark Levin’s tremendous over-reaction to Beck’s 9/12 show. Mark is behaving like a toddler whose ball got taken away.
    I listen to Mark MUCH more than I listen to or watch Beck, but have heard enough out of both men to decide for myself that Mark Levin is in fact the Constitutional wonk that thinks his parchment don’t stink, and is offended that a perhaps less knowledgable but far more accessible brand of discourse is winning the day in America today. Quite simply, he does an incredible job of explaining what the Left is doing to this country to the layman who’d rather not follow politics but get on with his or her daily occupation.
    Once again, 9/12 does not happen on anywhere near the scale that it does without Glenn Beck. He also manages to reach a great number of folks whom neither Mark Levin nor I, a few very near and dear to me, could. And he needs to learn to coexist, as do you Mr. Riehl.
    A “danger”? Really? It seems that only a select few seem genuinely threatened by Glenn Beck. And I’m most definitely not one of them.”

37 | September 29, 2009 2:32 am

re: #36 by Bumr50

I’m sorry, in my haste I forgot to provide the link to Riehl’s hit job on Beck.

38 | September 29, 2009 2:36 am

re: #36 by Bumr50

Sh*t. My grammar stunk. I was just so upset that I started typing.

Goddess will not be pleased.

38. Number6
    39 | September 29, 2009 2:39 am

Nice response, Bumr50. Beck-bashing is very much like the elitist Palin-bashing. It does no good and divides our side. It’s time we got rid of not just the RINOs but the divisive faux conservative pundits who are killing off potential leaders in the crib.

39. linoleumknife
    40 | September 29, 2009 2:40 am

re: #33 by bluliner10

I think I would rather not have any health care at all. Mainly because it would just be one more thing that the government has over me. It may be difficult out there on your own, but atleast then you can call it your own. I can not understand people who want to hand their lives over to the state. It is creepy.

40. Number6
    41 | September 29, 2009 2:40 am

Good grammar is nice. Being right is nicer, IMO. We can all brush up on our writing skills after we get the country back.

42 | September 29, 2009 2:41 am

re: #39 by Number6

I didn’t even bring up Levin’s whining that Beck has never given ‘Liberty and Tyranny’ a plug.

What a shill.

I really like some of his commentary, though. It’s a shame it’s wrapped in such a stale tortilla.

42. linoleumknife
    43 | September 29, 2009 2:41 am

re: #38 by Bumr50

Lol, I think she will find room in her heart to forgive you.

44 | September 29, 2009 2:43 am

re: #41 by Number6

Thanks! Most of my English teachers would be amazed that I’m not incarcerated anyway!

44. Number6
    45 | September 29, 2009 2:48 am

I was an English major. The internet has corrupted my writing beyond all hope. I still think being right and doing right is more important. Doing it with perfect grammar is becoming less relevant.

45. Number6
    46 | September 29, 2009 2:53 am

More Steyn:

“They’re telling you who they really fear. Whom the media gods would destroy they first make into “mad men”. Liz Cheney should be due for the treatment any day now.

Sad to say, many who should know better go along with it. Our old comrade David Frum wrote a piece called “Whose Side Is Glenn Beck On?” Well, in the space of a week Beck claimed the scalps of Van Jones, Acorn and that Yosi Sergant guy at the NEA, none of whom should ever have been anywhere near the corridors of power but who’d still be there if it weren’t for Beck. So whoever’s side he is on, it seems pretty clear he’s not on the Obama Administration’s. Hence, Media Matters’ sudden obsession with such pressing concerns as Glenn’s mom’s three decade-old suicide.”

47 | September 29, 2009 2:54 am

OT -- More freakin’ Obama kid songs / poetry.

This is disgusting.

48 | September 29, 2009 2:57 am

re: #46 by Number6

Steyn’s dead on.

They can’t stand humility, decency, and honesty. Especially from Christians.

48. linoleumknife
    49 | September 29, 2009 2:58 am

re: #47 by Bumr50

It is spreading like the plague. This is what happens when parents relinquish their parenting rights and duties to the schools. We need to take the education system back if we ever want to see America back on the right course.

49. Number6
    50 | September 29, 2009 2:59 am

The money graph:

“The media would like the American right to be represented by the likes of Bob Dole and John McCain, decent old sticks who know how to give dignified concession speeches. Last time round, we went along with their recommendation. If you want to get rave reviews for losing gracefully, that’s the way to go. If you want to win, look at whom the Democrats and their media chums are so frantic to destroy: That’s the better guide to what they’re really worried about.”

50. goddessoftheclassroom
    51 | September 29, 2009 2:59 am

re: #38 by Bumr50

The goddess is forgiving when the error is the result of emotion (or even ignorance), not carelessness!

Good morning, y’all!

51. Number6
    52 | September 29, 2009 3:01 am

re: #49 by linoleumknife

We need to take it ALL back--and hang on to it this time. If there is anything at all to be learned from the Obama presidency it is that we are running out of chances--and time.

53 | September 29, 2009 3:01 am

re: #51 by goddessoftheclassroom

Whew! Thanks teach! Good morning!

53. Number6
    54 | September 29, 2009 3:01 am

Hiya, Goddess!

54. linoleumknife
    55 | September 29, 2009 3:03 am

re: #51 by goddessoftheclassroom

Mornin’ Goddess

re: #52 by Number6

55. goddessoftheclassroom
    56 | September 29, 2009 3:03 am

re: #45 by Number6

Ahem.

I agree that using perfect grammar commenting on a blog is not essential, but in PUBLISHED work it is. Without a knowledge of the logic of grammar, a person can be ambiguous or even misleading.

56. Number6
    57 | September 29, 2009 3:05 am

re: #56 by goddessoftheclassroom

You are right, of course. I was thinking it is better to send off that email or blog entry while the iron is hot than to wait until I can get it just so.

57. Number6
    58 | September 29, 2009 3:07 am

re: #55 by linoleumknife

“You aren’t kidding. It is scary being at the brink. I’m to young to live the rest of my life in an America that isn’t America.”

I’m not young. I’m not going to spend my last years watching America be destroyed be people I wouldn’t trust to walk my dog.

59 | September 29, 2009 3:10 am

If I die because of this :

Carol Browner will pay in the afterlife.

60 | September 29, 2009 3:12 am

re: #58 by Number6

Obama has been a TERRIBLE president.

He gets songs about him because he’s BLACK, and that is racism by another color, no pun intended.

We need to recognize that.

60. linoleumknife
    61 | September 29, 2009 3:12 am

re: #58 by Number6

Well it isn’t to late. Really I don’t believe it is ever to late to fight for liberty and our beloved country. As it is though, I would much rather take them to task now instead of later. Hell, I wish they had done it before I was born. The longer we wait and try to compromise the harder and less likely it will be that we will succeed. It is sad that I am only 26 and I am not sure I want to have children because of the b.s. that they are pulling.

61. Number6
    62 | September 29, 2009 3:15 am

re: #61 by linoleumknife

Don’t let the actions of the unworthy stop you from living your life to the fullest. You decide who you will be, what you want, and how you will live your life.

63 | September 29, 2009 3:16 am

re: #61 by linoleumknife

I’m turning 34 next week and have been saying that for six years now.

Ironically for the Left, Barack Obama has been the only thing that has been able to swing the pendulum back our way.

That’s why it’s better that we don’t have a President McCain IMHO.

63. linoleumknife
    64 | September 29, 2009 3:18 am

re: #62 by Number6

Of course you are right. My trepidation is mainly due to the tax burden they would live with. That is why I am so adamant about being fiscally conservative.

64. linoleumknife
    65 | September 29, 2009 3:20 am

re: #63 by Bumr50

I agree completely. I appreciate McCain’s service and sacrifice for our country, but I am not convinced he would have been better in the long run.

65. no2liberals
    66 | September 29, 2009 3:22 am

Brit Hume On Øbama.

66. linoleumknife
    67 | September 29, 2009 3:23 am

re: #66 by no2liberals

Mornin no2 :-)

67. Number6
    68 | September 29, 2009 3:24 am

re: #64 by linoleumknife

With any luck at all, that tax burden will not be significant. People used to say they feared to bring children into a world with nuclear bombs ready to go off. That was in 1959. We are still here and my children don’t glow in the dark.

68. no2liberals
    69 | September 29, 2009 3:29 am

The Wrong Way to Constrain Health Care Costs.
    I never knew there was anything worse than socialism.
    Learn something new every day.

Y’all be excellent.

69. linoleumknife
    70 | September 29, 2009 3:29 am

re: #68 by Number6

Well I think what makes this scarier in a sense, is that we are doing it to ourselves. Atleast with nuclear war there is M.A.D. With our current crop of political morons they don’t seem to care. Plus most of the population is asleep at the wheel. Granted most of them are starting to take notice now, but for how long. We have become entirely to complacent, and to trusting in our government. What scares me more is my generation. They aren’t all that bright. Atleast as a whole.

70. no2liberals
    71 | September 29, 2009 3:30 am

re: #67 by linoleumknife
    Morning back atcha.
    Got to hit the shower, so I guess it is ola and adios.

72 | September 29, 2009 3:30 am

re: #66 by no2liberals

I’d disagree to some extent that 0 completely “inherited” the Iran situation. He campaigned on the promise that he would sit down with Dinner Jacket and have tea without preconditions.

That set the table for the current steamrolling that he’s suffering.

It certainly didn’t help, and playing his squishy hand so early gave Iran plenty of time to get their ducks in a row.

We can only assume they’re right on schedule.

73 | September 29, 2009 3:32 am

re: #65 by linoleumknife

As someone who’s stated that they’d rather get this Statist threat taken care of sooner rather than later, I’d say you’re in the same boat as I.

73. Number6
    74 | September 29, 2009 3:33 am

re: #70 by linoleumknife

Hardship is the antidote to complacency. People start getting hungry and fearful--they wake up in a hurry.

74. goddessoftheclassroom
    75 | September 29, 2009 3:34 am

Sigh. I’d love to chat longer, but I must get ready for work. Have a great day!

75. linoleumknife
    76 | September 29, 2009 3:34 am

re: #73 by Bumr50

LOL, well let’s start steering this baby to shore.

76. linoleumknife
    77 | September 29, 2009 3:37 am

re: #74 by Number6

Very true. It is kind of fun to see how many people across the political spectrum are waking up. The progressive took American complacency for granted. Plus they took it to mean that we are ok with their agenda. I know that their are quite a few Democrats in America, but I don’t think the majority are Liberals or Progressives. They respect their wallets to much.

77. linoleumknife
    78 | September 29, 2009 3:38 am

re: #75 by goddessoftheclassroom

You too Goddess. Whip those young minds into shape. :-)

79 | September 29, 2009 3:39 am

re: #75 by goddessoftheclassroom

Ciao!

79. no2liberals
    80 | September 29, 2009 3:39 am

re: #72 by Bumr50
    For the purposes of Brit’s comments, I agree he inherited the situation, but he only made it worse by not following through with what W started.
    The only way to bring down the IRI is from within, and B-HØ canceled funding for the dissident movement that W started in 2004.
    The IRI feared W, as they knew he would take action if they crossed a line. Not so with President Panty Waist, he will just keep moving the line further back.
    Obama: I shaved my legs for this? Part II.

In response to this powerful ultimatum, the mullahs broke out singing, ‘Mmm, mmm, mmm, Barack Hussein Obama!’

In the meanwhile, the Iranian people are looking for a hero.

Really have to go.

83 | September 29, 2009 3:43 am

re: #80 by no2liberals

Have a good day.

83. Number6
    84 | September 29, 2009 3:43 am

re: #77 by linoleumknife

In their arrogance, they over-reach. They haven’t stopped, even seeing the negative reaction. When the backlash comes from those who are waking up, it won’t be pretty.

84. African Moondog
    85 | September 29, 2009 3:45 am

re: #36 by Bumr50

I checked out your comment at PJM. Riehl is getting pwned all over the place.

85. linoleumknife
    86 | September 29, 2009 3:46 am

re: #84 by Number6

Well for them it won’t. For me it will be like my first Shiner Bock. Refreshing and delicous. I will saviour it. :-)

86. linoleumknife
    87 | September 29, 2009 3:47 am

re: #86 by linoleumknife

LOL, wow saviour= savor

87. Number6
    88 | September 29, 2009 3:47 am

re: #86 by linoleumknife

I will savor it, too.

89 | September 29, 2009 3:49 am

re: #81 by African Moondog

Thanks!

90 | September 29, 2009 3:51 am

re: #85 by African Moondog

Yeah, I saw.

I’d also like to note that, on the day Beck had his “Mothers” show mentioned in the adjoining article, Barack Obama managed to speak during his show interrupting it TWICE in the same day, although during the evening broadcast which was different from the anticipated “moms” episode it was on a delay.

90. vagabond trader
    91 | September 29, 2009 4:00 am

In other news that potus knows nothing about.

91. ms.p.henry
    92 | September 29, 2009 4:01 am

If I were a betting person I’d say Obama probably already knows Chicago is going to get the Olympics. He needs something positive to happen since he’s loosing popularity here. This is the perfect vehicle to make him look good and he’s doing it on the world stage where he likes to play. That being said it’s time to go to work have a good day everyone.

92. vagabond trader
    93 | September 29, 2009 4:04 am

re: #90 by Bumr50

I second that Bumr50! The last thing we need are more lofty pronouncements from conservative pundits on high regarding purity of the messenger. Because it worked out so well last election and all.

93. Rightside
    94 | September 29, 2009 4:06 am

nobama’s a legend in his own mind.

selrahC too

94. Number6
    95 | September 29, 2009 4:08 am

re: #93 by vagabond trader

“The last thing we need are more lofty pronouncements from conservative pundits on high regarding purity of the messenger.”

That is precisely why Charles is wrong and why his ‘ideological purification’ canard must be exposed and neutralized.

96 | September 29, 2009 4:15 am

re: #93 by vagabond trader

It’s getting easier to spot. At least some seem to be piping down, although I still lose respect for those who expose themselves as elitists.

Levin always was always iffy on my list, Charles Krauthammer has disappointed me much in the last six months.

97 | September 29, 2009 4:18 am

re: #93 by vagabond trader

Also it’s funny how incredibly deft and humble the Left’s poster boy for conservative elitism, El Rushbo, has handled himself in the 0 era, when push came to shove.

98 | September 29, 2009 4:20 am

re: #91 by vagabond trader

I saw at Reuters that they’re clearing 75 prisoners for release.

We should assign names to people and track them independently.

98. Number6
    99 | September 29, 2009 4:22 am

The elitists are cowards who want to keep their reputations and connections intact because they are convinced we are going to lose.

100 | September 29, 2009 4:26 am

Because the words “Obama Team” inspire so much confidence. *groan*

OOHHH. It doesn’t reveal identities, just nationalities.

WTF?!

100. Number6
    101 | September 29, 2009 4:32 am

re: #98 by Bumr50

That will be 75 more mortgage clients for Al ACORN. ;-)

101. RickMZ
    102 | September 29, 2009 4:32 am

Obama’s Precedency is in full-time Campaign mode, now with him campaigning for Chicago to host the Olympics. On the way home from Denmark, maybe he’ll made a pit stop over in Kabul. Bring Me-chelle along. She needs to get sized up for a burqa.

102. Number6
    103 | September 29, 2009 4:32 am

BBL

103. linoleumknife
    104 | September 29, 2009 4:36 am

Well it’s been fun as usual. I have to go though. Y’all have a good day.

105 | September 29, 2009 4:40 am

re: #103 by Number6

re: #104 by linoleumknife

See ya in a while!

105. Rightside
    106 | September 29, 2009 5:05 am

Morning again, everybody!

107 | September 29, 2009 5:05 am

Good morning. The Chicago bid for the 2016 must be a done deal, bought & paid for, which is why Obama is going to DEnmark. He wants to bask in success.
    The intro is correct, people here do not want the games for a variety of reasons.
    A friend told me this morning that tickets for the Openeing Ceremony are going for $1,000.

107. Rightside
    108 | September 29, 2009 5:10 am

re: #107 by RIX

Morning, people could donate that instead, and insure all those who cannot afford health insurance!

108. 109 | September 29, 2009 5:11 am

re: #106 by Rightside

Good morning Rightside…

110 | September 29, 2009 5:13 am

re: #108 by Rightside

That would work. ObamaCare for those who do not plan to get sick.

110. Rightside
    111 | September 29, 2009 5:15 am

re: #109 by doriangrey

Morning, dorian.

re: #110 by RIX

I wonder if maybe he can fill in for judge joe brown sometime, and give his judicial wisdom in some small claims case. This is the “do anything” president. I may even have him weed my garden, he’s that good.

111. apachegunner
    112 | September 29, 2009 5:19 am

re: #111 by Rightside
    re: #110 by RIX
    re: #109 by doriangrey
    re: #105 by Bumr50
    moring dudes, move over :>)

112. 113 | September 29, 2009 5:19 am

re: #111 by Rightside

Oh please… I wouldn’t let Obama within a mile of my garden, no telling what kind of vicious weed would sprout up after he was finished…

114 | September 29, 2009 5:20 am

re: #111 by Rightside

Morning Rightside. Yes, the Obama is the ultimate multi-tasker.
    Question, if ObamaCare is such an emergency necessity, why isn’t slated to kick in until 2013?
    Maybe because it would be after the 2012 elections?

114. mawskrat
    115 | September 29, 2009 5:20 am

Good Morning All….I need some joe

115. 116 | September 29, 2009 5:20 am

re: #112 by apachegunner

Coffee’s up gunner, pass your cup…

116. apachegunner
    117 | September 29, 2009 5:20 am

re: #113 by doriangrey

that would be michelle’s job wouldn’t it?

117. apachegunner
    118 | September 29, 2009 5:20 am

yummm, and heres a bit of baileys for you partner

119 | September 29, 2009 5:21 am

re: #112 by apachegunner

Morning Gunner.

119. apachegunner
    120 | September 29, 2009 5:21 am

my tommytippee cup always has baileys in the morning for when i go to work. am i driving and drinking?

120. 121 | September 29, 2009 5:21 am

re: #115 by mawskrat

Pass your cup, we’re drinking US Naval diesel sludge this morning… Aka US Army paint Remover or US Marine Corps Battery acid…

121. apachegunner
    122 | September 29, 2009 5:23 am

mawskrat don’t get that coffee on your skin, this is a warning

122. Rightside
    123 | September 29, 2009 5:23 am

re: #112 by apachegunner

Hey gunner! Fresh Joe.

123. 124 | September 29, 2009 5:23 am

re: #117 by apachegunner

Cough cough… have you seen her forearms? I think her job is planting things… Like her husbands political opponents…

124. apachegunner
    125 | September 29, 2009 5:24 am

re: #123 by Rightside

can we trust you with that right?

125. apachegunner
    126 | September 29, 2009 5:25 am

re: #124 by doriangrey

if she didn’t have an ass like a battle ship she could be kinda hot, doncha think?

126. 127 | September 29, 2009 5:25 am

re: #122 by apachegunner

Oh man… one time somebody spills a little of my coffee on their keyboard and it melt a hole through their desk and some people never let me live it down… ;)

128 | September 29, 2009 5:25 am

re: #121 by doriangrey

You guys drinking old C Rats coffee? I’ll have a cup.

128. 129 | September 29, 2009 5:26 am

re: #126 by apachegunner

For a Wookie or Klingon…

129. Rightside
    130 | September 29, 2009 5:26 am

re: #114 by RIX

Exactly!

Also, if there is so much corruption and waste in medicare/medicaid, then why are we waiting for health care reform to be signed into law, before ending the mismanangement?

130. Rightside
    131 | September 29, 2009 5:27 am

re: #129 by doriangrey

Is the vette running? It’s been a while…

131. 132 | September 29, 2009 5:27 am

re: #128 by RIX

ROTFLMAO… I never served, but my pops did 27 in the US Navy… I still make my coffee the way he liked it… Strong enough to dissolve a battleship…

132. 133 | September 29, 2009 5:29 am

re: #131 by Rightside

Well sort of… It runs, but I still havent replace3d the windshield, a mere $500.00 bucks I cant seem to find extra laying around… But I go over to my brothers every weekend to grill some dead animals and drink rotting barley water and putt it around his drive way.. ;)

134 | September 29, 2009 5:31 am

re: #130 by Rightside

Exactly right, ObamaCare is a scam to do a power grab.
    It is going to result in massive taxation & significant rationing.
    Americans won’t like rationing & seniors will be the primary victims.
    Obama & his people know that.

135 | September 29, 2009 5:32 am

re: #132 by doriangrey

Sounds like a potent brew, no cream or sugar for me, I’ll just take it black.

135. 136 | September 29, 2009 5:34 am

re: #135 by RIX

Well if ya change yer mind Gunner has a great Baileys octane booster… Makes it better than aviation fuel…

136. Phil.
    137 | September 29, 2009 5:35 am

Count me in as another Chicagoland resident who opposes the games. And my wife, who is way more liberal than me, is militantly opposed to the games here, for some of the very reasons already specified here.

138 | September 29, 2009 5:36 am

re: #136 by doriangrey

Wait! Oooookay, a little Bailys will do nicely.

138. 139 | September 29, 2009 5:41 am

Morning all. Thought I would go over to 1.0 and see what craziness was brewing. Only checked top and bottom comments before calling that a day. When JTK ends up in the bottom ten for spouting a truth, there’s no need to swim in the rest of the cesspool.

140 | September 29, 2009 5:45 am

See ya later. Gret coffee!

140. Rightside
    141 | September 29, 2009 5:45 am

This country has a fever, and the only prescription is more obama!

141. apachegunner
    142 | September 29, 2009 5:46 am

baileys atcha rix

142. Rightside
    143 | September 29, 2009 5:53 am

re: #139 by Knightwatch

Just looked. He’s not long for there.

The more he tightens his grip, the more extremists will slip through his fingers…

143. 144 | September 29, 2009 5:55 am

re: #143 by Rightside

Cough cough… Rumor has it he’s not there now, but actually off in Hawaii playing in a covers band doing poor covers of Abba and Ace of Base… But hey… that’s really about all the guitar skills he has anyways…

144. 145 | September 29, 2009 5:58 am

re: #144 by doriangrey

He has a gold record on his wall dontcha know?

/yeah as if that means anything these days

145. mawskrat
    146 | September 29, 2009 6:00 am

irish rose
    Tue, Sep 29, 2009 5:39:55am replyquote 0downupreport

re: #224 Spenser (with an S)

I honestly would send my Dad in Ferrysburg to help you, but he’s also afraid of heights. You might, however, try their church Covenant Life. They’ve got a great bunch of retired guys who do those kind of projects and I’m sure they would help you.

They’ve been out to help me before :) .

Unfortunately, they’re backlogged… and we only have a couple of clear weather days on the map this week. I have to get this done quickly to avoid water damage.

Irish Rose looking for another handout. IIRC realwest raised money for her to see her son off to the Navy and she ended up screwing him

plane ticket and a place to stay in california
    does anyone else remember that. I think I got it right

146. rain of lead
    147 | September 29, 2009 6:00 am

file this under: Bwahahahahaha!

The Manchurian President

147. rain of lead
    148 | September 29, 2009 6:00 am

Oh.
    Mornin guys!

148. Iron Fist
    149 | September 29, 2009 6:02 am

I’m sure other people have made this same point, but I want to weign in myself. This is fiddling while Rome burns. We have a situation in Afghanistan that demands the President’s leadership. It demands he make hard choices that, no matter what he does, will involve the sacrifice of lives and treasure. It is exactly the type of leadership function he appeared to want when he ran on the Hopey Changey Express. Now where is he? He is running off to Europe (where he is belived by the people) leaving the hard work unfinished, his advisors hanging, and the troops in the field in uncertain and vulnerable positions. He gives hope to the enemy, and drains the morale of our troops.

What we have here is a failure of leadership at the highest level. Bluntly, Obama is unfit to be commander in chief. He just voted “Not Present” on the most important issue he will have face him in his Presidency. War is a vital interest of the State. “It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin”. I guess that it is too much to ask that Obama treat it more seriously than he treats bread and circuses for the masses.

Epic FAIL.

149. 150 | September 29, 2009 6:03 am

re: #145 by Knightwatch

Actually it’s platinum, and it isn’t his, it’s someone else, chuckie didn’t do anything but play a little guitar and did that rather poorly, it was who he was playing for that sold all the copies. Chuckie cant play well enough on his own to sell copies to his own family… let alone a million copies. And Chuckie is only on that record because he was a crappy guitarist who couldn’t upstage anyone.

150. rain of lead
    151 | September 29, 2009 6:03 am

how about some grins
    comics for the morning

151. 152 | September 29, 2009 6:04 am

re: #148 by rain of lead

Morning Rain… opps time to run off to the salt mine, you know how cranky Obama gets when his tax money does flow freely..

152. 153 | September 29, 2009 6:06 am

re: #149 by Iron Fist

Trouble is that if he gets an EPIC FAIL, we all pay. Even us poor be-nighted Canadians.

/time to stock up on cannned goods and bottled water

153. Iron Fist
    154 | September 29, 2009 6:07 am

re: #139 by Knightwatch

JTK?

154. 155 | September 29, 2009 6:08 am

re: #154 by Iron Fist

JamesTKirk.

155. apachegunner
    156 | September 29, 2009 6:12 am

re: #148 by rain of lead
    re: #149 by Iron Fist
    re: #153 by Knightwatch
    and hey to youse guys/gurls, i missed ya when you snuck in :>)

156. Rightside
    157 | September 29, 2009 6:17 am

I have noticed Mandy hasn’t been around as much in the mornings any longer.

157. Iron Fist
    158 | September 29, 2009 6:17 am

re: #153 by Knightwatch

Yeah, if America sneezes the World catches the flu. So what happens to the world if our economy collapses and we break apart into the Warring States Period of Feudal America? that is a worst-case scenario that I don’t expect to see, but more realistically it looks like Obama will lose the war in Afghanistan and allow Iran to get nuclear weapons. Those two events are so freaking huge that it is hard to realistically predict what happens next. Nuclear war in the Middle East? What is that going to do to the world economy? A nuke strike on America? There’s a game changer. I wouldn’t want to be a Mohammedan in the United States if that happens.

The Obama Administration is rapidly failing. We’ve never had a President fail so spectacularly or so quickly, not even Carter. And this is just the begining of Obama’s term.

158. 159 | September 29, 2009 6:18 am

re: #156 by apachegunner

I have been just lurking mostly. :)

159. rain of lead
    160 | September 29, 2009 6:19 am

re: #157 by Rightside

I guess she is finding out that posting at 1.0
    just ain’t that much fun anymore

160. Nevergiveup
    161 | September 29, 2009 6:26 am

As an aside from the last thread, I am not in favor of a private thread. I got nothing to hide.

161. Number6
    162 | September 29, 2009 6:28 am

Good morning, Rebels! How is the coffee today? Like Alien’s blood?

162. Nevergiveup
    163 | September 29, 2009 6:29 am

Report: Iran Refuses to Discuss Nuclear Program at Upcoming Talks in Geneva
    Obama administration is working up plans to push for new sanctions against Iran, targeting its energy, financial and telecommunications sectors over its disputed nuclear program

Well of course not, I am sure they want to discuss whether Chicago should get the Olympics or not? I mean that is top priority isn’t it?

163. Nevergiveup
    164 | September 29, 2009 6:30 am

Great headline on Drudge:

OLYMPIC SPIRIT: VIDEO SHOWS BRUTAL GANG MURDER IN CHICAGO

164. Number6
    165 | September 29, 2009 6:31 am

re: #164 by Nevergiveup

At last Drudge hasn’t gone squishy and elitist on us.

165. Number6
    166 | September 29, 2009 6:31 am

at “least”

166. Nevergiveup
    167 | September 29, 2009 6:32 am

re: #165 by Number6

Well it depends on the day. I would not turn my back on Drudge.

167. Nevergiveup
    168 | September 29, 2009 6:33 am

Polanski trying to get out of Swiss Jail on Bail? How can they let that happen? He has already run once.

168. apachegunner
    169 | September 29, 2009 6:33 am

re: #159 by Knightwatch

yeah, me to

170 | September 29, 2009 6:35 am

re: #162 by Number6

Morning 6. In the words of the great Samuel L Jackson In Pulp Fiction, “Damn Jimmy whered yo get dis coffee? Dis coffe some gormet shit”
    Since hearing that I only drink gormet shit.

170. Nevergiveup
    171 | September 29, 2009 6:35 am

The United States called on its close ally Israel on Tuesday to conduct credible investigations into allegations of war crimes committed by its forces in Gaza, saying it would help the Middle East peace process.

Well we are on the Human Rights Council now so that makes sense? And so it begins.

172 | September 29, 2009 6:37 am

re: #157 by Rightside

Weasel beats on her. Mandy knows that if she fights back too hard, she will probably be banned.
    My guess is that she lurks here trying to decide if she will take the plunge.

172. vapig
    173 | September 29, 2009 6:38 am

Good morning, Netizens!

173. African Moondog
    174 | September 29, 2009 6:39 am

re: #146 by mawskrat

Huh??? Realwest and “Peekyou” Rose???? Eeeeewwwww!!! That can’t be true.

174. African Moondog
    175 | September 29, 2009 6:40 am

re: #173 by vapig

Morning Vapig,

Could you give a quick emoticon lesson? Mawskrat has succeeded in shocking me.

175. rain of lead
    176 | September 29, 2009 6:42 am

new thread up!
    and on that note, I’mm outta here.
    work calls doncha know.

176. Rightside
    177 | September 29, 2009 6:43 am

re: #172 by RIX

Mandy, if you are reading this, c’mon in, the water is fine.

177. Jesusland
    178 | September 29, 2009 6:46 am

It’s all good with Iran now I guess so plenty of time for the Appeaser in chief to engage the really important issues in Denmark.

178. mawskrat
    179 | September 29, 2009 6:48 am

re: #174 by African Moondog

it was a few years ago IIRC

180 | September 29, 2009 6:48 am

re: #177 by Rightside

I agree. Screw Charles, he has kicked you to the curb, you have old friends here.
    Leave the asylum & get into some good disussions.
    You can also use your acronym for Obama.

180. Rightside
    181 | September 29, 2009 6:54 am

re: #180 by RIX

I do miss seeing FCBBHO and MFM.

Thou shalt not have any blogs before Mine.

Thou shall only comment on blogs I approve.

Thou shalt not refer to our glorious leader in any way but total admiration.

Thou shall continue to hope the economy and unemployment turns around, despite having implemented policies that caused it to begin with.

181. African Moondog
    182 | September 29, 2009 6:58 am

re: #179 by mawskrat

Maybe so, but when she, Reggie and Defenseman post their usual BS they will know that at least one netizen who was scorched by her, will be laughing at them, even if I do not post at all.

182. Beltfed
    183 | September 29, 2009 6:59 am

re: #146 by mawskrat

For some who complains constantly about being stalked she sure gives out plenty of clues of her whereabouts.

183. Beltfed
    184 | September 29, 2009 7:08 am

re: #149 by Iron Fist

What we have here is a failure of leadership

+1, For the Cool Hand Luke reference.

184. vapig
    185 | September 29, 2009 7:48 am

re: #175 by African Moondog

Like, maybe this one?

:shock:

185. Former LGFer
    186 | September 29, 2009 10:36 am

When NYC was on the roster for the 2012 Olympics they actually proposed importing sand to my Brooklyn waterfront for the ‘beach volleyball’ games when there are already miles and miles of natural beaches in NYC. That alone should tell you something about the Olympics. Other that that, I did NOT want thousand of attendees over running my area, at all!

186. Former LGFer
    187 | September 29, 2009 10:43 am

This is good!

Chicagoans for Rio 2016

187. kansas
    188 | September 29, 2009 2:13 pm

Check this out. Apparently there is no affirmative action in the job.

188. Buffalobob
    189 | September 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Olympics in Chicago in 2016? Why not? Great union jobs, lots of overtime, plenty of walking around money, cost overruns, strikes, delays, did I mention pay for play? What could possibility go wrong? After all it’s not like the Big Dig of Boston.