by Bob in Breckenridge ( 144 Comments › )
Filed under Islamic Terrorism, Islamists at November 10th, 2009 - 10:51 am

From foxnews.com-

RICHMOND, Virginia — Virginia’s governor has denied clemency for sniper mastermind John Allen Muhammad, clearing the way for his Tuesday execution.

Muhammad was sentenced to death for killing Dean Harold Meyers in 2002 at a Manassas, Virginia, gas station during a spree that left 10 dead across Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.

Muhammad is set to die by injection at Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt. His attorneys have asked Kaine to commute his sentence to life in prison because they say he is mentally ill. The U.S. Supreme Court turned down Muhammad’s final appeal Monday.

[...]

The terror ended on Oct. 24, 2002, when police captured Muhammad and Malvo as they slept at a Maryland rest stop in a car they had outfitted so a shooter could hide in the trunk and fire through a hole in the body of the vehicle. Malvo is serving a life sentence in Virginia.

Death penalty opponents planned vigils across the state, and some were headed for Jarratt, about an hour south of Richmond, for the execution.

Beth Panilaitis, executive director of Virginians for Alternatives to the Death Penalty, said those who planned to protest understand the fear that gripped the community, and the nation, during the attacks.

“The greater metro area and the citizens of Virginia have been safe from this crime for seven years,” Panilaitis said. “Incarceration has worked and life without the possibility of parole has and will continue to keep the people of Virginia safe.”

Comments

144 Responses to “VA. Gov and SCOTUS Deny Clemency, D.C. Terrorist/Sniper Muhammad Will Be Executed Tonight”

1. 1 | November 10, 2009 10:52 am

ROPMA

2 | November 10, 2009 10:52 am

May this help stop the madness.

3. MikeA
    3 | November 10, 2009 10:54 am

As I have heard said in Texas…

Some people just need killing…

And this waste of humanity is at the top of the list.

May God have mercy on his soul.

4. GrandJunctionite
    4 | November 10, 2009 10:54 am

I hope Nidal Hassan soon follows him.

5. 5 | November 10, 2009 10:57 am

they shouldn’t give him injection. Way too cruel. They should microwave the son of a bitch…

6. MikeA
    6 | November 10, 2009 10:58 am

I am thinking let the punishment fit the crime..

gut shot with a .22… let him bleed out…

7. Nevergiveup
    7 | November 10, 2009 11:00 am

@ MikeA
    “May God have mercy on his soul.”
    Why?

8. 8 | November 10, 2009 11:00 am

@ MikeA:

I hope the son of a bitch is scared, but he probably thinks he’s about to get his raisens…

9. LGoPs
    9 | November 10, 2009 11:00 am

I’m almost amazed that sentence is being carried out in such a relatively short period, e.g., within the same decade.
    The norm seems to be that the perpetrator has a better chance of dying of old age than execution.
    Good for Virginia.

10. LGoPs
    10 | November 10, 2009 11:01 am

I’m sure they’ll swab the injection point with alcohol. You know…..to prevent infection.

11. Nevergiveup
    11 | November 10, 2009 11:03 am

The Memorial Service is on live on FOX

12. vagabond trader
    12 | November 10, 2009 11:03 am

This was also a terror attack make no mistake about it.I am occasionally conflicted about the death penalty but it suits this monster just fine.

13. vagabond trader
    13 | November 10, 2009 11:05 am

@ Nevergiveup:

Cannot watch that commie CIC and his phony plattitudes. Its a sacrelige for him to be there, his fervent belief in diversity and PC caused these murders.

14. 14 | November 10, 2009 11:08 am

They ought to give the SOB a transfusion from a pig.

15. MikeA
    15 | November 10, 2009 11:08 am

@ Nevergiveup:

As a Christian I have to expect for God to judge him. He won’t get any mercy but I have to say t anyway.

Also thinking of the famous judge saying..

“You will hang by the neck until you dead. Judgment to be carried out immediately. May God have mercy on your soul”

16. 16 | November 10, 2009 11:13 am

@ vagabond trader:

I have problems with the death penalty. I am not sure that it is wise to give the State the power to kill people by due process of law. There’s no question it is Constitutional. The Founding Fathers definately envisioned execution as a penalty. I’m just not sure I trust the government with that power. I like government small and weak, for the most part.

17 | November 10, 2009 11:14 am

Please don’t refer to this terrorist asshole as a sniper.

It’s insulting to actual military snipers.

18. 18 | November 10, 2009 11:15 am

Amen! He shot people at point blank range with a rifle that is noted for its accuracy. That hardly makes him Carlos Hathcock.

19. vagabond trader
    19 | November 10, 2009 11:21 am

I prefer to call him a cowardly terrorist.

20 | November 10, 2009 11:21 am

And in the “adding insult to injury” category, did you hear about this?:

Civil Suit Settlement of Bushmaster Over DC Snipers
    by Staff

The families of those killed in the Washington, D.C., sniper shootings will get millions from the rifle manufacturer and the gun shop the weapon came from.

Bull’s Eye Shooter Supply in Tacoma, Wash. is where John Allen Muhammad bought the Bushmaster rifle he used to kill 10 residents in D.C. region over the course of several weeks in the fall of 2002.

WTF?

21. BuddyG
    21 | November 10, 2009 11:25 am

May this murdering sniper scumbag burn in hell

22. wolfie
    22 | November 10, 2009 11:26 am

I am opposed to lethal injection.

I believe that, at the very least, one should be given the choice of facing a firing squad or hanging, complete with ceremony.

Human beings should be treated like human beings. They should not be put down the way we put down innocent animals. The point is justice, not clean-up.

23. RickZ
    23 | November 10, 2009 11:28 am

MikeA wrote:

As I have heard said in Texas…
    Some people just need killing…

I’ve said that quite often, and I live in NYC.

May God have mercy on his soul.

Honestly, I hope God has a previous engagement, or is otherwise busy. No need to burden Him with such crap.

24. 25 | November 10, 2009 11:30 am

hey did a thread just go bye bye?

25. 26 | November 10, 2009 11:30 am

Everyone, I rescheduled my post for within an hour.

26. 27 | November 10, 2009 11:31 am

@ loppyd:

It will be up in an hour. Bob posted and didn’t see I had one scheduled. They were 10 minutes apart. SO I took it down for an hour.

27. 28 | November 10, 2009 11:32 am

Yes, because they should have known better than to sell a weapon to a man named “Mohammed”! Can you imagine that lawsuit? The ACLU would finally find a use for the Second Amendment.

29 | November 10, 2009 11:32 am

@ RickZ:

I’m sure the demon Allah is available to fill in for Him.

29. vagabond trader
    30 | November 10, 2009 11:33 am

LOL.

30. 31 | November 10, 2009 11:34 am

@ loppyd:

OK. I thought I was losing my mind….

31. LGoPs
    32 | November 10, 2009 11:34 am

loppyd wrote:

hey did a thread just go bye bye?

Yeah. And I just wrote one of the sagest, most profound comments to ever grace the blogoshree and it’s gone. All gone. Forever. Alas.

*walks off full of self pity*

33 | November 10, 2009 11:35 am

The gun store apparently was pretty shoddy in its recordkeeping, from what I’ve read.

But the manufacturer? That makes no sense whatsoever, particularly when you consider the fact that gun manufacturers don’t generally deal directly with stores. They sell to distributors, who then sell to individual stores.

33. 34 | November 10, 2009 11:36 am

@ loppyd:

Nope all the comments will be there.

35 | November 10, 2009 11:36 am

I was going to hold back but…maybe they could throw him in the teleporter from The Fly with a blue-ribbon sow.

35. song_and_dance_man
    36 | November 10, 2009 11:36 am

The U.S. Supreme Court turned down Muhammad’s final appeal Monday.

Kudos to VA. for moving this forward quickly.

36. wolfie
    37 | November 10, 2009 11:36 am

Virginia attracts a lot of the anti-death-penalty nuts. We actually execute people here, for one thing. We’re also in a convenient location for visitation by assorted Yankee and European weepers.

You can bet that the candle-sellers will do good business tonight, and washed-up folk singers will have an amusing gig. Okay, they won’t be paid, but at least they’ll have someplace to go.

37. chickadee
    38 | November 10, 2009 11:36 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:

If he cared abt. the troops he would have gone immediately. It was a slap in the face that Zero just went on, business as usual, after such a horrible attack. Pres. Bush and Laura showed up immediately to show their support and offer comfort. I hate Zero. I won’t watch his insincere waste of words either.

38. 39 | November 10, 2009 11:37 am

I had the bestest comment ever and the thread went ‘splodey! :P

to reprise, not content with taking over health care, the Democrats, bless their black little souls, are trying to grab control of the banking industry, too:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Senate Banking Committee Chairman Christopher Dodd on Tuesday called for sweeping new government powers to prevent another economic collapse, protect consumers and dismantle failing institutions.
    Dodd’s 1,100 page-draft would strip the Federal Reserve and other regulators of their powers to regulate banks and hand that job to a single agency. The bill also would take away the Fed’s ability to monitor credit cards and mortgages and establish a new “Consumer Financial Protection Agency.”

The bill, inspired by last year’s financial meltdown, will minimize “economic turmoil and protect(ing) the interest of taxpayers,” the Connecticut Democrat wrote.

An advance copy of the legislation was obtained by The Associated Press.

President Barack Obama has demanded that Congress rewrite the federal regulations governing Wall Street to close legal loopholes and prevent the kind of fraud and abuse that fed the crisis.

Dodd’s proposal was expected to gain broad support among Democrats, but Republicans haven’t signed on.

More fitting for the thread about communism, as the Donks are trying to gobble up as much of the economy as they can. State controlled everything, coming to America soon…

39. 40 | November 10, 2009 11:37 am

“So I wrote a few bad checks, it’s not like they don’t factor these things in to their prices….”

This is my life.

BBL

40. 41 | November 10, 2009 11:38 am

@ Bumr50:

that brought a smile to my face!

:mrgreen:

41. 42 | November 10, 2009 11:38 am

wolfie wrote:

Fact: This yankee won’t be shedding any tears.

Really gone now.

42. RickZ
    43 | November 10, 2009 11:39 am

vagabond trader wrote:

I see being conflicted about the death penalty, yet supporting it in certain cases (like this one), as being a little bit pregnant. We allow more than enough time for appeals to right any wrongs, even procedural ones that still result in a conviction but sentenced down to LWOP. My biggest argument for the death penalty is Kenneth McDuff. Sentenced to death, he was resentenced to Life after the SC overturned the death penalty in 1972. He was eventually paroled, as Texas at the time did not have LWOP (nor did many, if any, states). He murdered again, was given the death penalty again, and ths time executed. By getting rid of such monsters, someone’s life has been saved. If not now, then later as once the death penalty is gone thanks to all the caring, bleeding heart liberals, they will go after LWOP next as being cruel and unusual (no hope of release being cruel). Keeping the death penalty on the books keeps LWOP on the books, too.

I am a firm believer in the death penalty, as some people jus’ need killin’. Let God sort ‘em out later.

44 | November 10, 2009 11:40 am

@ loppyd:

If the state was smart, they’d put it on pay-per-view.

Might be a way to raise some money to fix the state’s budget problems.

44. vagabond trader
    45 | November 10, 2009 11:42 am

Thought they had already taken over damned near everything.Protecting the interest of the taxpayers is amusing in a cynical way.If Dodd had any decency he’d recuse his crooked ass. Kind of like “I’m with the government and here to help you.”

45. 4_Sticks
    46 | November 10, 2009 11:42 am

Watching the ceremony at Ft Hood on FOX. O walks out and people are yelling ‘woo woo’. Appropriate for such a solemn occasion ? WTF is wrong with people ?????

47 | November 10, 2009 11:44 am

@ 4_Sticks:

I had the same thought.

47. Scott Madsen
    48 | November 10, 2009 11:47 am

4_Sticks wrote:

Give then a break, his camp followers also thought Arsenio Hall was a mensch.

48. 4_Sticks
    49 | November 10, 2009 11:48 am

No doubt civilians there only to see ‘the one’.Hopefully they were ‘ushered out’ by the collar.This would never have happened 50 years ago.
    Such are the times we live in.

50 | November 10, 2009 11:48 am

4_Sticks wrote:

Maybe they’re taking a leaf from the Rolling Stones, and expressing their admiration for a man of wealth and taste.

50. vagabond trader
    51 | November 10, 2009 11:48 am

@ 4_Sticks:

One of the reasons I could not watch. Woo woo, yeah, nice, its the idiotic feel good policies of President Woo Woo that helped get your comrades killed.

51. 4_Sticks
    52 | November 10, 2009 11:50 am

@ Scott Madsen:

Again, you got me. Its back there/here somewhere but I can’t quite recall. (??) More ‘files’ deleted…

52. Cheesehead
    53 | November 10, 2009 11:51 am

I’m completely against the method of lethal injection currently being used in JAM’s execution. The drugs that are being used, that is. They are known to cause minor discomfort when being administered.

I would think that we could find a better solution.

I would suggest……..DRANO.

53. 4_Sticks
    54 | November 10, 2009 11:51 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Let me guess his name …

54. Sean Galt
    55 | November 10, 2009 11:52 am

If I, a civilian, was at that memorial I would be reverent and wearing my best (funeral suit/dark tie).

55. wolfie
    56 | November 10, 2009 11:52 am

@ 4_Sticks:

You don’t suppose the party/presidential advance men brought out supporters to make sure the Won would have a friendly crowd?

Am I being paranoid? No. I think that would be pretty normal procedure for a campaign stop.

And Obama is always campaigning.

56. 4_Sticks
    57 | November 10, 2009 11:52 am

dooo-dooo….

(certainly never rode a tank in the Generals rank)

57. tfc3rid
    58 | November 10, 2009 11:53 am

He’ll blame the CIA, he’ll blame the meanness of war…

Obama won’t blame terror.

58. 59 | November 10, 2009 11:54 am

The thread will be up in a 1/2 hour.

59. vagabond trader
    60 | November 10, 2009 11:54 am

It was a “diverse” crowd.

60. 4_Sticks
    61 | November 10, 2009 11:54 am

@ 4_Sticks:

(certainly never rode a tank in the Generals rank)

Didn’t mean that in context/the way it sounded/originally intended to mean…
    All due respect to tank commanders/crews.

61. vagabond trader
    62 | November 10, 2009 11:55 am

@ RickZ:

Come on where do I say I am against the death penalty? Don’t taze me bro.

63 | November 10, 2009 11:55 am

More cheering…

63. vagabond trader
    64 | November 10, 2009 11:56 am

Can you tell if they are civvies or soldiers?

65 | November 10, 2009 11:57 am

@ vagabond trader:

Not from the camera angle that was shown at the time, no.

65. Sean Galt
    66 | November 10, 2009 11:57 am

That’s just plain wrong. No home training whatsoever.

66. 4_Sticks
    67 | November 10, 2009 11:58 am

@ wolfie:

Ya know, I thought the exact same thing but decided not to post it -- for the same reason you led off with the “paranoid”. Another thing ‘we’ wouldn’t have done 50 years ago. Always 2nd guessing ourselves now.

67. 68 | November 10, 2009 11:58 am

@ 4_Sticks:

I wish you were joking. Fucking motherfuckers that worship the One piss me off. And he just eats it all up. Like fucking Mao or Stalin. You know the motherfucker wants to kill all opposition, he just can’t.

68. Sean Galt
    69 | November 10, 2009 11:59 am

I will be just fine with cheering when the DC shooter is dead.

70 | November 10, 2009 12:00 pm

Let me please introduce myself
    I’m a man of wealth and taste
    I worked as community organizer
    With an organization now disgraced
    I spoke on Constitution law
    In a very famous place
    And as a junior Senator
    Won a historic Presidential race
    Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guessed my name
    But what’s puzzling you is
    What I mean by “Hope” and “Change”

Stuck around in Springfield to
    Vote myself “present” once or twice
    Then I thought higher offices
    Would just suit me very nice
    The press gave me a free ride, ’cause
    I could do no wrong in their eyes
    Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name
    But what’s puzzling you is
    What I mean by “Hope” and “Change”

70. 71 | November 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Cool. I’ll be gone for a while, so that will work out. Thanks!

71. LGoPs
    72 | November 10, 2009 12:01 pm

@ 4_Sticks:

Yet.

72. LGoPs
    73 | November 10, 2009 12:04 pm

One nice additional feature would be if the comment # was included with the name of the poster when using ‘Reply’.
    Not a real big deal but now I scroll up to get context and usually try to find the appropriate comment……usually works but sometimes not.

73. muddling forward
    74 | November 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Crooked is crooked does.

74. m
    75 | November 10, 2009 12:06 pm

LGoPs wrote:

MightyConservative is going to work the number in… in the meantime, you can click on the highlighted @name, and it’ll bouce you to the actual comment for context.

75. Nevergiveup
    76 | November 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Anybody listening to him? I am fading in and out

77 | November 10, 2009 12:08 pm

It may be hard to comprehend the twisted logic that led to this tragedy. But this much we do know -- no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor. And for what he has done, we know that the killer will be met with justice -- in this world, and the next.

Wow. He actually acknowledged the fact that Hasan was religiously motivated.

I’m surprised.

77. LGoPs
    78 | November 10, 2009 12:08 pm

@ m:

Thanks.

78. m
    79 | November 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

Anybody listening to him? I am fading in and out

I flipped on The Big Bang Theory from last night as soon as they announced him. Just couldn’t listen to him today. At all.

79. LGoPs
    80 | November 10, 2009 12:09 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

I can’t stand the fucker’s voice. Or his inflections. He sounds like an imperious, lecturing bastard.

80. 4_Sticks
    81 | November 10, 2009 12:10 pm

If and when he’s found guilty only Barry can save him from a firing squad. If he means what he just said, that will never happen. He’s talkin’ the talk…

82 | November 10, 2009 12:10 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Here’s the text of his speech.

82. Nevergiveup
    83 | November 10, 2009 12:10 pm

LGoPs wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:

That’s how I feel, but it sounds like he basically stayed off himself and on message

83. chickadee
    84 | November 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Zero said it was twisted logic that led to this tragedy. What bullshit.
    The only “twisted logic’ is the p.c. stupidity going on in this country abt. the fcking ROP.

84. m
    85 | November 10, 2009 12:11 pm

no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts;

He’s lying. Islam most certainly does justify these acts. So did the other Islamists that have cheered him for it.

85. 86 | November 10, 2009 12:11 pm

@ LGoPs:

I thought that, but didn’t say it. As long as we are as heavily armed as we are (meaning the civillian poppulation) he can’t. Get rid of the guns, and that changes…

87 | November 10, 2009 12:12 pm

@ 4_Sticks:

If and when he’s found guilty only Barry can save him from a firing squad lethal injection. If he means what he just said, that will never happen. He’s talkin’ the talk…

We don’t do firing squads anymore.

Or hanging.

87. vagabond trader
    88 | November 10, 2009 12:13 pm

Yeah but one faith does advocate murder and he has read the rule book.

88. 4_Sticks
    89 | November 10, 2009 12:14 pm

The numbers ‘cheering’ have been greatly reduced….

“Ah son, come ‘err a second…”

From behind a Humvee the muffled sound of size 12 going up the maggots ass…

89. Silhouette
    90 | November 10, 2009 12:14 pm

I feel like the death penalty debate is the Kanye West that intrudes its way into every convicted murderers story and takes over.

Today is about mastermind sniper scumbag with a gun John Allen Mo and what he did. And how glad I am that he isn’t doing it anymore. And about the people who he murdered. How we as a society do not tolerate such actions, tracked, caught, tried, and now punish Mo so that those murdered people have justice.

90. vagabond trader
    91 | November 10, 2009 12:14 pm

@ m:

Hi m! GMTA.

92 | November 10, 2009 12:14 pm

@ m:

I agree, of course.

I’m just surprised that he even implied a religious motivation, rather than the stupid “preemptive PTSD” or whatever crap the MSM has been talking about.

92. vagabond trader
    93 | November 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Wait,he’ll fit it into one of his apology rounds.Off the record for now.

93. 94 | November 10, 2009 12:16 pm

@ m:

It’s in their Imperialist manual the Koran.

94. Nevergiveup
    95 | November 10, 2009 12:17 pm

@ m:

I agree, of course.

I am surprised he mentioned that also. But it was real obvious

95. vagabond trader
    97 | November 10, 2009 12:18 pm

I was surprised to read that the military has not done an execution since 1961.

96. Scott Madsen
    98 | November 10, 2009 12:18 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Let me please introduce myself
    I’m a man of wealth and taste
    I worked as community organizer
    With an organization now disgraced
    I spoke on Constitution law
    In a very famous place
    And as a junior Senator
    Won a historic Presidential race
    Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guessed my name
    But what’s puzzling you is
    What I mean by “Hope” and “Change”
    Stuck around in Springfield to
    Vote myself “present” once or twice
    Then I thought higher offices
    Would just suit me very nice
    The press gave me a free ride, ’cause
    I could do no wrong in their eyes
    Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name
    But what’s puzzling you is
    What I mean by “Hope” and “Change”

I’d copyright that.

Anyone here playing out these days? I’d go out for an encore with that one.

97. 4_Sticks
    99 | November 10, 2009 12:19 pm

Damn that was scary- video dropped out for a few seconds…
    Shep on now -- 2 voices already -- nails on a chalkboard.

(Do I have to say the 1st ?)

100 | November 10, 2009 12:19 pm

@ snork:

What an ass.

99. vagabond trader
    101 | November 10, 2009 12:19 pm

@ snork:

Oh, ok, the proxies will do the dirty work for public consumption. I get it.

100. m
    102 | November 10, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi VT! You know it, girl

I was waiting for the obligatory “it’s all bush’s fault! nya nya!”

101. muddling forward
    103 | November 10, 2009 12:20 pm

snork wrote:

This didn’t take long:
    “Unfortunately, America loves Guns. We love guns to a point where that uh we see devastation on a daily basis. You don’t blame a group.”
    Dildo.

You know of course that’s exactly what Barry believes too.

102. 104 | November 10, 2009 12:20 pm

In order to obtain a security clearance one must declare (among many other things) whether one has ever belonged to an organisation which advocates the violent overthrow of the US Gov’t.

I suggest that muslims are given a free pass on this issue.

If I were to invent a religion and included the same doctrines there is no doubt it would be given the same latitude.

103. Silhouette
    105 | November 10, 2009 12:20 pm

People always complain about profiling, but this case was my chance to step up. Early reports were looking for a white minivan and that is what I drove at the time. I was ready and willing to be pulled over, without a peep of complaint. Didn’t happen. I’m a bit south and they were caught, thank the Lord, before the net widened enough to affect here.

104. Canoe Convoy
    106 | November 10, 2009 12:20 pm

The culprit has been convicted. Let the sentence be carried out.

105. Nevergiveup
    107 | November 10, 2009 12:21 pm

The’re calling roll now with the names of those not with us unanswered

108 | November 10, 2009 12:22 pm

@ vagabond trader:

Once it gets past the trial, a military death penalty case is pretty much like any other federal case. The appeals drag on forever.

107. Nevergiveup
    109 | November 10, 2009 12:22 pm

And Taps

108. Nevergiveup
    110 | November 10, 2009 12:23 pm

@ vagabond trader:

Maybe he’ll be happy to go meet Allah and his 72 virgins?

109. Scott Madsen
    111 | November 10, 2009 12:24 pm

LGoPs wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:

My exposure to it is limited to radio clips while driving. I turn it and TV off as soon as he starts his first sentence.

Joe Wilson said what most of the electorate now knows for certain.

110. vagabond trader
    112 | November 10, 2009 12:26 pm

Yeah, here in CT there hadn’t been one since the early 60s and finally last year they carried it out on Michael Ross, serial killer of young women.Well deserved,but none of the half dozen still on death row will ever be executed.Equally deserving.

113 | November 10, 2009 12:26 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

There are still mandatory appeals in all death penalty cases.

Even McVeigh’s case took years, and he not only pleaded guilty but waived his right to appeal.

112. 4_Sticks
    114 | November 10, 2009 12:27 pm

Damn….

Is it too much to expect they maybe, just for a few seconds ‘they’ realize just what they are now part of ?
    I know, I’m hopelessly….naive ? No, that ain’t it.
    Stuck in a nightmare time warp nostalgic altered reality…(?)

113. Scott Madsen
    115 | November 10, 2009 12:28 pm

snork wrote:

This didn’t take long:
    Dildo.

Why the hell not if any group shows a statistically preponderant trend from the general sample.

I thought that the leftys were the smart scientifically inclined ones?

114. Nevergiveup
    116 | November 10, 2009 12:29 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

There are still mandatory appeals in all death penalty cases.

To bad I’m not his Doc. There’rd be no appeal!

115. LGoPs
    117 | November 10, 2009 12:29 pm

@ Scott Madsen:

I can’t express it in writing but one of the most annoying things about The Won’s speech pattern is the clipped way he ends words and sentences. Like every word is a pronouncement with no appeal. Like it is the Final Word.
    Shit, now I sound like I’m psychoanalyzing him. I just hate the sound of his voice.
    I never was good at following Pied Piper’s……..

116. RickZ
    118 | November 10, 2009 12:30 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ RickZ:
    Come on where do I say I am against the death penalty? Don’t taze me bro.

You said you were conflicted, and I take that as having doubts about it, whether morally, ethically, or something else. I also took it to mean that you are in some way opposed to it, but just not in this case. If that’s not what you meant, then please enlighten me.

117. 4_Sticks
    119 | November 10, 2009 12:31 pm

This f*cker will be on an entirely different track, no ?

120 | November 10, 2009 12:32 pm

@ 4_Sticks:

Nope. The law doesn’t change.

119. vagabond trader
    121 | November 10, 2009 12:33 pm

@ LGoPs:

Same here.Hes a gold plated phony and I am innoculated against that thank G-d. The weird abrupt emphasis at the end of a phrase or sentence.Wonder if he had a teleprompter there.

120. chickadee
    122 | November 10, 2009 12:33 pm

m wrote:

no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts;

Zero enages in Takkia even in this situation where everything points to terrorism.

121. Nevergiveup
    123 | November 10, 2009 12:34 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

This f*cker will be on an entirely different track, no ?

NO Lobo91 is right. If this guy challenges stuff, it could last for a long time

122. Silhouette
    124 | November 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

Maybe he’ll be happy to go meet Allah and his 72 virgins

He’s already seen what it is like to meet 12 Virginians.

123. fultonchain
    125 | November 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Silhouette wrote:

Absolutely.

Regardless of how one feels about the death penalty this is a simple morality tale. Commit a crime severe enough and you will be mercilessly hunted, tried and punished. According to and under the rule of law.

The same rules that currently allow the death penalty in the state of Virginia. There are certainly more better ways to effect change than standing around with candles singing sappy songs or screaming from a fundie soapbox like an Old Testament prophet (or modern day Mullah) preaching vengeance.

This shit isn’t black and white but the bottom line remains the same: a murdering asshole will meet his fate. Just like he knew when he pulled the trigger.

124. vagabond trader
    126 | November 10, 2009 12:39 pm

@ RickZ:

Aside from not caring for state authority,I am concerned that an innocent person might get executed,perhaps spiritual reservations,and maybe because of being a Jew I know what state authority unchecked is capable of.Believe me I don’t contemplate my navel over the issue but since you asked.

125. 4_Sticks
    127 | November 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Damn…(again). I thought for sure the military would fast track this and be done with him before O leaves office…

I’m not even 60 yet and I’m amazed at what I forget these days…haven’t got a damn thing right in days !
    Thanks 4 puttin’ up with me. Can’t wait for the next stage- repeating myself over and over.Not.

126. vagabond trader
    128 | November 10, 2009 12:43 pm

Military DP stats.

127. chickadee
    129 | November 10, 2009 12:44 pm

LGoPs wrote:

@ Scott Madsen:

I never was good at following Pied Piper’s……..

I think his inflections and accents are abt. sounding important and authoritarian. As you say “every word is a pronouncement.” I find his arrogance so annoying. With or without the prompter he sounds like a dumb shallow sob to me. His empty ridiculous platitudes spoken like they are pearls of wisdom.

128. BuddyG
    130 | November 10, 2009 12:45 pm

Mercy & rememberance for the victims of this crime spree.
    Not the perpetrators.

131 | November 10, 2009 12:45 pm

@ 4_Sticks:

The law doesn’t change for individual cases, no matter how much we might like it to.

That’s why we refer to “the rule of law” in this country. Everyone’s entitled to the same treatment.

Theoretically, at least.

130. 4_Sticks
    132 | November 10, 2009 1:10 pm

@ vagabond trader:

“I know what state authority unchecked is capable of.”

I hear you on that point. One really has to go to the local courthouse and watch/listen these days to fully appreciate how twisted out system has gotten. Of course I can bear witness to local system but I’ve spoken to people from all around the country that have told me they are seeing same where they live.There are some great law enforcement men and woman out there, no doubt. I’m friends with a few and come from a family (including my dad -- retired Trooper) of cops going back a generation. Its the ‘politics’ for the most part -- there is and will always be a few cops that have no business wearing a badge but on the whole the problem isn’t so much with them,its what they have to act on, what they are pressured to act on and things get really f*cked after their job is done and over --
    prosecutors/judges. All I can say is don’t be too quick these days to look down your nose at someone thats pled ‘guilty’ to a charge(s).Jury trial is for the rich.’Appointed’ councel ?? Right, put your good name/reputation in their hands -- I dare ya ! Just listening to FOX report in the background about Letterman fully prepared to go to trial…yup, he’s a multi millionaire.The average joe is on a run away roller coaster ride and at the mercy of whats politically expedient.DNA testing is a big help though and usually part of most death penalty cases.Before they’re done, we’ll be Europe again -- 1709 !
    None of this applies to this pr*cks case though.

How I got to my opinion on the death penalty:
    If you go to a party and start acting stupid you get kicked out early. Everyone is going home eventually, you just can’t stay as late as everyone else. Works for me.

Or, as my fav. bar tender used to admonish at closing time: “Ya don’t have to go home, ya just can’t stay here”

131. Carolina Girl
    133 | November 10, 2009 1:16 pm

I think they should bury the bastard face down so he can see where he’s going.

132. 4_Sticks
    134 | November 10, 2009 1:19 pm

No, I understand that. I just thought the military might be a bit quicker with the trial, verdict and the POTUS has the ability to do a last hour reprieve rather than a states Gov. Didn’t mean to imply the military gives the bums rush…no matter what Hollywood would have us believe :-)

133. 4_Sticks
    135 | November 10, 2009 1:20 pm

Col.Hunt. Tell it like it is sir !!

134. ms.p.henry
    136 | November 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Today is my birthday. It is sad day because of the innocent victims being memorialized today at Ft. Hood but it is also the day one of the son-of-a-bitches that waged his own personal terror campaign on our soil is going to die and that, to me, is one of the best birthday presents I’ve ever received. :)

135. 4_Sticks
    137 | November 10, 2009 1:22 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Good one !

Hey, I haven’t read a single ‘spot on’ or ‘I concur’ in months now ! Me likey :-) !!

136. 138 | November 10, 2009 1:22 pm

chickadee wrote:

LGoPs wrote:
    @ Scott Madsen:
    I never was good at following Pied Piper’s……..

I know little of such things. Only that his speaking style has always irritated me.

I recall hear the beginning of one of his all too many televised speeches and thinking, “ugh, he sounds like a really bad New-Age preacher.”

137. ms.p.henry
    139 | November 10, 2009 1:31 pm

@ Crusader Rabbit:

I’ve been trying to put my finger on what his speaking style reminded me of and I think you hit on it. A new Age preacher, lofty sounding, empty words.

138. mfhorn
    140 | November 10, 2009 1:31 pm

—————--
    Except that then J. Mohammed will have the rest of his life to spread his jihadist views inside prison to a group of people already angry at society and already ripe for the picking by radical Imams.

139. 4_Sticks
    141 | November 10, 2009 1:33 pm

…or ‘quite concur‘. And my all time favorite which I LUV to HATE:

‘Mendacity/Mendacious’.

Might as well throw in ‘kiosk‘, ‘comrade‘.

Go ahead, say it…just say it one more time…

/grumpy old man

140. RickZ
    142 | November 10, 2009 1:41 pm

@ vagabond trader:

Yes, I did, thanks for replying. I guess I can understand being Jewish and afraid of the power of the state to execute. It can be a problem when there are no just laws, or the state is in the business of killing people wholesale. I take a more sanguine view of it here, because that’s the one place we’re talking about. We have procedures, appeals, etc., way beyond what used to be done here before 1972. I see more heinous cries being committed, with more and more victims. I do not think LWOP will solve that problem, nor will the death penalty. But the death penalty does solve the problem one case at a time. I still don’t think Manson should be alive, much less eligible for parole like he is (not that he’ll get it, but stranger things have happened, so one can never say never).

Killers kill behind bars, so I’m not sure what other option there is. My problem with the death penalty now is it takes too long. Justice must be sure and swift, but the death penalty can take decades. At what point does one write off a life lived wrong and causing deadly harm to others? A philosophical question, but one with a not so esoteric result. Too many literally get away with murder today, and that situation has not made society very safe at the moment.

141. Formercorpsman
    143 | November 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Lethal injection is too humane for this son of bitch. May he rot in hell.

142. 144 | November 10, 2009 5:23 pm

Formercorpsman wrote:

Lethal injection is too humane for this son of bitch. May he rot in hell.

I have no problem with lethal injection as long as the three chemicals are Pb, Cu and Fe.