Has Iran’s Supreme Leader Disappeared?

by Bob in Breckenridge ( 160 Comments › )
Filed under Democratic Party, Iran, Islamists, Nuclear Weapons, Progressives at December 8th, 2009 - 2:00 pm

(Israelnationalnews.com) An underground Iranian activist has told Israel National News that the country’s highest official — Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei — was spirited to a “secret place” for his own safety and that the nation’s religious leaders are “scared.” The source – an activist in the global Iranian pro-democracy movement who is involved in assisting a group of some 30,000 students located in Tehran and several other major cities – said Khamenei has disappeared. It is the Supreme Leader who controls Iran’s foreign policy, and specifically its decisions regarding its nuclear development activities.

“I am told that Khamenei was taken to a secret place to monitor the situation and perhaps for his safety, and a helicopter was ready with a pilot in it to perhaps fly him out to Russia if the situation got out of hand,” the source told Israel National News on Tuesday. “I am also told that prominent clergy went to meet with him hoping to force him to show leniency…. [Our consensus] is that [the] mullahs are scared.”

Foreign journalists were once again banned, phone networks cut and Internet connections spotty at best as government forces tried to put the lid back on the growing unrest that again broke out during special observances on Monday.

The demonstrations, planned months in advance, were held on the nation’s annual observance of the deaths of three students during anti-American riots in 1953, a day known in Iran as “16 Azar” — December 7 on the secular calendar. It is a day that has “bitter memories for Iranians,” according to the activist, who explained that the Shah’s army had opened fire and killed students on that day.

Basij militia and police officers wielded batons and fired tear gas at demonstrators in Tehran who continue to protest what they contend was the rigged re-election in June of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. They also accuse the government of silencing academic freedom.

“16 Azar” ceremonies were held in all universities across Kurdestan and the suburbs, according to an Iranian blogger who reported that some 700 protesters gathered at Kurdestan University alone, singing anti-government songs, waving signs (“Death to dictator”) and chanting slogans. At least 400 demonstrators did the same at Payam eh Noor University, as did a similar number at Sanandaj Azad University.

“Demonstrators’ spirits were high,” said the activist. “Frankly, I was nervous, since all communications systems were down, and [I was] afraid of a bloody massacre. But the turnout was great when [the] cities of Kerman, Shahr Kord and especially Esfahan came out en masse and confronted the Basij,” he related.

Basij ‘Very Very Sorry’ — or Not?
“Students and most people participating were emboldened since there was confusion among the military, secret service and Basij,” said the source. “Many Basij called [Persian-language] radio stations [outside Iran] over the phone and apologized to the people of Iran, crying for having beaten demonstrators under Khamenei’s orders,” he said. “They said that they were told demonstrators were anti-Islam and Western-paid troublemakers, but now they — the Basij — are finding out that they have been told a lie by the mullahs and were very, very sorry for beating their own countrymen.

Read the rest here

Tags: ,

Comments

160 Responses to “Has Iran’s Supreme Leader Disappeared?”

1. 1 | December 8, 2009 2:05 pm

Now is the time for Israel to strike.

2. Eliana
    2 | December 8, 2009 2:06 pm

I’m sure that Israel is keeping a close eye on this situation.

3. 3 | December 8, 2009 2:07 pm

“Disappeared” doesn’t seem like an apt description, more like “moved to a secret, secured location”.

This could also be a nod towards something having to do with war/nukes (obviously, nothing but speculation). I know that if I were going to attack Israel, I would be hiding my religious/foreign policy adviser as well.

4. Nevergiveup
    4 | December 8, 2009 2:09 pm

savage wrote:

Now is the time for Israel to strike.

Actually now is not the time for Israel to strike. If, and that’s a big IF, pro-democracy forces have any chance of unseating the Mullahs, the last thing they need is Israel mucking up the dynamics.

5. 5 | December 8, 2009 2:10 pm

FROM BOB IN BRECKENRIDGE:

OT

Liberals are racists? Say it ain’t so, Joe!

And on another note, did anyone watch Football Night in America Sunday night? Did you hear former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy’s comments about the lack of opportunity for black football coaches at American universities, and how Dungy called it what it is- Institututional racism.

And to think I thought all these caring, compassionate liberals on America’s college campuses (campi?) were so concerned about the plight of minorities! My bad, I guess. And who runs all the institutions of higher learning in America where the racism occurs on a regular basis? L-I-B-E-R-A-L-S. Of course, you and I know that the real racists in America are the liberals/leftists.

6. 6 | December 8, 2009 2:11 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

What I should have added was ‘time to strike the leadership.’ As in decapitate the Iranian Government.

7. song_and_dance_man
    7 | December 8, 2009 2:14 pm

Sounds like forced seclusion to me. And the indication that he may be shipped to Russia; you got to be Putin me on.

8. 8 | December 8, 2009 2:14 pm

@ WrathofG-d:

Do you think that they’re in a position to attack Israel?

9. 9 | December 8, 2009 2:14 pm

Sort of on topic re the waskaly Iwanians.

Iran Accuses The U.S. of Frustrating The Coming Of The Hidden Iman.

10. Nevergiveup
    10 | December 8, 2009 2:15 pm

savage wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:

I still disagree. As I said with a big IF, the pro-democracy forces actually have a chance the worst thing Israel could do is get involved and unit the country against Israel. That time might come in the future when Israel has to act no matter who is in the Government, but they waited this long, now is not the time to act.

11. 11 | December 8, 2009 2:16 pm

@ davehm:

With nukes? I dunno.

In general? Yup, and now would would be a great time for them. It would attack Israel, and deflect from their internal struggles.

As for nukes again, it was Iran who said that trading a large portion of the Muslim World for all of Israel is a great trade for the Ummah.

12. 12 | December 8, 2009 2:17 pm

@ WrathofG-d:

I saw that! Ha ha ha ha!

13. wolfie
    13 | December 8, 2009 2:18 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

You’ve been on a roll today, S&D! :)

14. 14 | December 8, 2009 2:19 pm

@ Nevergiveup:Agreed and Israel doesn’t have the means to damage Iran conventionally. I keep reiterating this point, but people don’t want to believe me.

15. Eliana
    15 | December 8, 2009 2:19 pm

@ WrathofG-d:

It was, indeed, and it was also one of their more “moderate” appearing guys who said this in December 2001: Rafsanjani.

16. 16 | December 8, 2009 2:19 pm

@ WrathofG-d:

They are diffidently working on them but I don’t think they have them at the moment, if they did they would use them.

17. krik_t_semaj
    17 | December 8, 2009 2:20 pm

New moon December 16th. Israel is as mentally frozen as the rest of the West. Nothing will happen. (Except, of course, CJ will disown and spit on Israel before the end of 2010, my random date is before the end of April 2010). I he paid by Saudi’s?

18. 18 | December 8, 2009 2:21 pm

@ krik_t_semaj:

I suspect he got some cash or some threats.

19. 19 | December 8, 2009 2:21 pm

@ krik_t_semaj:

I say next Spring, he will officially turn on Israel.

20. song_and_dance_man
    20 | December 8, 2009 2:21 pm

WrathofG-d wrote:

Sort of on topic re the waskaly Iwanians.
    Iran Accuses The U.S. of Frustrating The Coming Of The Hidden Iman.

One would think the Muslim messiah can’t be pressured by external forces that may prevent the appearing.

I sense the need for a Muslim like Gong Show to vet the scoundrel. Just to be sure, or course.

21. 21 | December 8, 2009 2:24 pm

I predicted before Christmas, I was wrong..then again there are a few more shopping days left.

22. Eliana
    22 | December 8, 2009 2:24 pm

Israel only needs to damage certain small parts of Iran.

There are some indications that covert operations have already been going on.

23. 23 | December 8, 2009 2:24 pm

@ davehm:

No, I don’t think they would use them the minute they got them. Nukes are much more powerful when you don’t use them. In the hands of a mad-man they are a very powerful extortion tool. Once they are used, they have to know the outcome (mutual destruction). However, if not actually used they can threaten (or actually) to give them to Terrorists, and get from their enemies everything they want without the mutual destruction.

24. BBEV
    24 | December 8, 2009 2:24 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

savage wrote:
    Now is the time for Israel to strike.

I agree. Israel should see how this play’s out

25. Lincolntf
    25 | December 8, 2009 2:25 pm

I just read it a second time. It’s a mix of info., guesses and hopes. Anyone else think it warrants the 48 hour rule? That’s a lot of information (including gross speculation about “a helicopter to Russia”) for one “underground activist” to come up with.

26. 26 | December 8, 2009 2:25 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

If any “moshiach” can be cajoled by violence it would be the Muslim one.

27. wolfie
    27 | December 8, 2009 2:26 pm

@ WrathofG-d:

Did you see the translation of the sign the woman was holding up in the photo? “I need a loan.” ROFL !

Doesn’t this say something about the disjunction between Ahmadinejad’s apocalyptic blather and hard reality?!!!

28. 28 | December 8, 2009 2:27 pm

@ BBEV:

If I were PM of Israel (and so may it be so…) I would be putting Mossad agents already in place in Iran into positions along side the ruling body to help quell the Revolution. At the same time, I would be using Mossad agents along side the Revolution.

29. song_and_dance_man
    29 | December 8, 2009 2:29 pm

Eliana wrote:

Israel only needs to damage certain small parts of Iran.
    There are some indications that covert operations have already been going on.

And that may the basis nut of truth to why the ayatollah is changing his address.

30. 30 | December 8, 2009 2:30 pm

@ WrathofG-d:

From what I understand (though I did not research it myself) in order for the hidden I man to come, according Ahmadinejad, Israel has got to be destroyed.
    I think Joel Rosenberg said that if I’m not mistaking.

31. mawskrat
    31 | December 8, 2009 2:30 pm

Bob In Breckenridge wrote:

FROM BOB IN BRECKENRIDGE:
    OT
    Liberals are racists? Say it ain’t so, Joe!

at universities the athetic departments are thier own entities and the large ones have a lot of power. at the university I woked at there was a rather large rift between the elites running the university and athletic dept that brings in mega donations and tv money.

32. 32 | December 8, 2009 2:32 pm

@ davehm:

I don’t know either, but are you sure that isn’t a needed “war between Islam and the Jews?” Thus the nuke could be between Israel, or America (as the Muslim World sees the U.S. as being controlled by Jews). In addition, it could also be any Western Nations as they all have Jews in them.

33. Nevergiveup
    33 | December 8, 2009 2:33 pm

Israel may not attack Iran but:

Gatorade terminates partnership with Tiger Woods

Oh the inhumanity of it all?

34. song_and_dance_man
    34 | December 8, 2009 2:33 pm

@ wolfie:

Monday and Tuesday are my Sat and Sun. That may explain the off day contributions.

35. snork
    35 | December 8, 2009 2:33 pm

I don’t know what the range of a Russian copter is, but that’s got to be a good 200+ mi over the Caspian Sea to get over Azerbijan and onto Russian soil.

36 | December 8, 2009 2:36 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

Gatorade terminates partnership with Tiger Woods

“All that energy--he didn’t get it from us!”

37. snork
    37 | December 8, 2009 2:37 pm

That actually sounds kind of fishy. Wouldn’t it make more sense to just board a boat? I’m sure the Russian Navy has a presence in the Caspian, and could escort him safely.

38. song_and_dance_man
    38 | December 8, 2009 2:37 pm

WrathofG-d wrote:

@ song_and_dance_man:
    If any “moshiach” can be cajoled by violence it would be the Muslim one.

As you know, there is only One. How, when and why he appears is still up to debate, but there will be no doubt when He does appear all grievance or arguments over his being will finally and ultimately be assuaged. We both look forward to that day.

And as an aside, he will not come from Ishmael.

39. BBEV
    39 | December 8, 2009 2:37 pm

Looks like there is a lot going on in Iran right now.

40. NoThreat2U
    40 | December 8, 2009 2:38 pm

So which is it? The mahdi is supposed to return in a blaze of glorious light, or he is still hiding in a well? Well, the Great Stan (that would be us) can always fill all the wells in iran with cement. What an asshole.

41. 41 | December 8, 2009 2:39 pm

@ WrathofG-d:

I’m not to sure, I do know that Iran has repeated to “wipe Israel off the map” and depending on what kind of missiles they get and the type of war head they use would probably determine their target. I doubt they would get an ICBM to hit America but a short range Russian type device would put Israel in range.

42. 43 | December 8, 2009 2:41 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Amen!

When I think of the blight of Islamists I am reminded of Amalek. Not only as they embody evil, but in their tactics.

43. Lincolntf
    44 | December 8, 2009 2:41 pm

Just went to Twitter to look for Iran news.
    Got the message “TWITTER IS OVER CAPACITY” and then froze up. That’s a new one for me.

44. NoThreat2U
    45 | December 8, 2009 2:42 pm

Return of the mahdi:

45. 46 | December 8, 2009 2:43 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

And as an aside, he will not come from Ishmael.

You got that right!

46. krik_t_semaj
    47 | December 8, 2009 2:44 pm

WrathofG-d said
    If any “moshiach” can be cajoled by violence it would be the Muslim one.

——--
    No one ever talked about twelvers even a few years ago. We must assume A-jacket believed back in 1979. Combine all other absurdities with total US debt and entitlement obligations are $100,000 per citizen must at least make one pause. I am not a pessimist but what have we (spoiled, free peoples) gotten ourselves into?

47. mawskrat
    48 | December 8, 2009 2:44 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

IIRC it is the shia that believe in the mahdi and in a rip off they belive Jesus will return with him to fight injustice and make the world right.

48. Eliana
    49 | December 8, 2009 2:44 pm

@ BBEV:

Your link has a problem.

I suspect that you left the “http://” off of it since it is trying to use Blogmocracy’s domain to get there. I think it does this by default if the “http://” isn’t there.

49. 50 | December 8, 2009 2:45 pm

Please let this be happening!!!

50. snork
    51 | December 8, 2009 2:46 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

The mahdi is supposed to return in a blaze of glorious light when the world burns up after the conspiracy of Russia, the Freemasons, and ExxonMobil defeat humanity’s last chance at redemption.

51. 52 | December 8, 2009 2:47 pm

9 WrathofG-d wrote:

Iran Accuses The U.S. of Frustrating The Coming Of The Hidden Iman.

What a wuss. Why should we be afraid of an Imam who’s hiding?

52. 53 | December 8, 2009 2:47 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Well isn’t that special!

53. vagabond trader
    54 | December 8, 2009 2:48 pm

@ snork:

Fugger better stay away from our well or he’ll get an unpleasant welcome.

:mrgreen:

54. BBEV
    55 | December 8, 2009 2:48 pm

Eliana wrote:

@ BBEV:
    Your link has a problem.

It could be that I just finished a 14 hour work day

55. snork
    56 | December 8, 2009 2:49 pm

New Obama plans: ‘spend our way out’ of downturn

President Barack Obama outlined new multibillion-dollar stimulus and jobs proposals Tuesday, saying the nation must continue to “spend our way out of this recession” until more Americans are back at work.

Without giving a price tag, Obama proposed a package of new spending for highway, bridge and other infrastructure projects, deeper tax breaks for small businesses and tax incentives to encourage people to make their homes more energy efficient.

Because the last porkulus worked out so well…

56. Geogrunt
    57 | December 8, 2009 2:50 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Funny, on occasion I actually do fill wells with cement, its how we decommission old, unusable groundwater monitoring wells. I volunteer for the job.

57. 58 | December 8, 2009 2:51 pm

@ RoboMonkey:

Funny!

But um, cough, cough (bin laden) cough cough.

58. wolfie
    59 | December 8, 2009 2:53 pm

snork wrote:

If my reading of Shiite theology is correct, the strictly orthodox view is that the world is first converted into a giant spheroid cigar by Big Tobacco, which is then smoked by Allah. There are, of course, differing views on interpretation of the texts.

59. 60 | December 8, 2009 2:56 pm

@ snork:

Don’t forget the Mahdi is controlled by the Tobacco Companies and the Vlaams Belang.

60. snork
    61 | December 8, 2009 2:57 pm

wolfie wrote:

If my reading of Shiite theology is correct,

You do have that “shiite” thing down. Yes, that’s a crock of shiite.

61. 62 | December 8, 2009 2:57 pm

@ wolfie:

It’s big Tobacco, that what Art Bell Jr. has said!

62. song_and_dance_man
    63 | December 8, 2009 2:58 pm

@ WrathofG-d:

As many of us have noted in the past, the defenders and proponents of the wayward clans cum socialists are closer to Baal/Molech worshipers than whom Abram worshiped and served.

Yes, the end of days will be vicariously encapsulated in the hearts of man as a choice that will transcend the action on the ground of nations. Choice for right v. wrong will be the determining factor for the nefesh and neshama and the push we use with these two elements of our being.

63. vagabond trader
    64 | December 8, 2009 2:59 pm

Mahadi is controlled by stan and his prophet is Mohammed.

64. wolfie
    65 | December 8, 2009 2:59 pm

Dang! I forgot about Vlaams Belang!

65. mawskrat
    66 | December 8, 2009 2:59 pm

cj could only hope to get such messages…..
    from Jihad Watch it seems Robert Spencer has a fan club

“you are in any way the most ugliest & hateful creature.most cases your father is a ugly pig”
    This stellar Hate Mail Bag entry comes to us from Toronto. I starred out the obscenities, but they are, of course, spelled out in the original:

Name: NISAR AKHTAR
    Email: nisarakhtar@hotmail.com

Subject: YOU MOTHF**KER JEWS

Message: I am wondering you mohter f**ker jews using all your energy & others money against running the ugly propahanda against islam & muslims?
    do you believe for a moment that your this evil illuminti agenda can harm islam?

islam is the most fast spreading religion in the world!!period

you are in any way the most ugliest & hateful creature.most cases your father is a ugly pig who f**ked your mother & you the son of one eye lucifer opened you eyes…

so think for a moment about your existance on this earth& do some real research about your real father???you cannot be a son of any human.

I am feelin’ the love now!

66. vagabond trader
    67 | December 8, 2009 3:01 pm

Wonder what this dude thinks.

68 | December 8, 2009 3:02 pm

I saw a small clip of the protest yesterday. The students were always given a little leeway to crticise the Iranian president , but not the Supreme Leader, khamani.
    The crowds were chnating slogans against him. He has reason to be scared & so do the rest of the Mullahs.

68. wolfie
    69 | December 8, 2009 3:02 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Or to paraphrase Soltzhenitzen, the real battle between good and evil is fought not in collective history, but in each individual soul.

69. 70 | December 8, 2009 3:02 pm

wolfie wrote:

Dang! I forgot about Vlaams Belang!

Did you really? Or did they make you forget? *Twilight Zone music*

71 | December 8, 2009 3:04 pm

@ mawskrat:

Was that written by Borat?

71. vagabond trader
    72 | December 8, 2009 3:04 pm

@ mawskrat:

Sounds like kkktrout has been off the leash again.

73 | December 8, 2009 3:05 pm

@ snork:

That’s great for construction workers and the like.

Doesn’t really help me any. I’d be happy if they’d just scrap the stupid rules they’ve put in place regarding Reservists serving on active duty.

73. wolfie
    74 | December 8, 2009 3:07 pm

davehm wrote:

Did you really? Or did they make you forget? *Twilight Zone music*

74. NoThreat2U
    75 | December 8, 2009 3:11 pm

@ snork:
    But what part will Big Tobacco play in this all??

75. snork
    76 | December 8, 2009 3:12 pm

That’s great for construction workers and the like.

Except that was my point. The last porkukus was supposed to be for construction projects (remember “shovel ready”?), and the money ended up going to his buddies in Chicago. This will be another bait-and-switch, and the money will all end up in Chicago. The ***** lies (and and if you don’t like me calling Obama a liar, Chuckles, **** you too, and the queen you rode in on).

76. snork
    77 | December 8, 2009 3:13 pm

Dang! I forgot about Vlaams Belang!

Because no one expects … the Vlaams Belang!

77. NoThreat2U
    78 | December 8, 2009 3:13 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Sorry. I was on the phone and missed your references to Big Tobacco. lol And Geogrunt…if I had my way, I would hire you to fill those wells.

78. common_sense
    79 | December 8, 2009 3:14 pm

Israel should leave them alone if democracy is waiting in the wings to remove the mad mullahs from power.
    But if the mullahs don’t get overthrown quick-like
    light up their sole refinery
    that is the only conventional strike Israel could do harm with.

Otherwise, they’d have to nuke Tehran to get their attention, should the pro-democracy people fail in removing them internally.

Or, Israel could just hurry the fuck up and surrender to the Pali’s.
    Soldiers for a thousand terrorist swaps are doing them no good.

79. NoThreat2U
    80 | December 8, 2009 3:15 pm

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUNNNNN!

81 | December 8, 2009 3:17 pm

snork wrote:

Dang! I forgot about Vlaams Belang!
    Because no one expects … the Vlaams Belang!

who are you that are so wise in the ways of race detecting?

81. wolfie
    82 | December 8, 2009 3:18 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

See my #59 above.

82. NoThreat2U
    83 | December 8, 2009 3:20 pm

@ wolfie:
    Yeah, I was busy as the other comments were being posted. Funny that we all thought of it though. lol lol

83. Nevergiveup
    84 | December 8, 2009 3:22 pm

The Senate on Tuesday rejected an effort by abortion opponents to tighten restrictions in the health care overhaul bill on taxpayer dollars for the procedure, but it was unlikely to be the last word on the divisive issue.

By a vote of 54-45, the Senate sidetracked an amendment by Democratic Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Republican Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah that would ban any insurance plan getting taxpayer dollars from offering abortion coverage. The restrictions mirrored provisions in the House-passed health care bill.

so will Nelson filibuster?

84. snork
    85 | December 8, 2009 3:23 pm

Oh, goody. Chucky’s latest is the 2000′s are the hottest decade in the history of the multiverse.

Why is half my firewood gone before the solstice, Chucky?

85. 86 | December 8, 2009 3:24 pm

@ mawskrat:
    Was that written by Borat?

LOL very good

86. NoThreat2U
    87 | December 8, 2009 3:25 pm

@ snork:
    I am wondering why summer passed right over SW PA. If it weren’t for my trip down south, I would have thought summer passed the whole country over. It was actually depressing to a degree. We were having bonfires in July just to take the chill out of the air!

88 | December 8, 2009 3:25 pm

@ teacake:
    Did sound like Borat , didn’t it?

89 | December 8, 2009 3:26 pm

@ snork:

I’m sure it will. I remember everyone talking about how there was going to be a massive expansion of government jobs. Since that’s exactly where my training and experience lies, I was actually hopeful that there might be some jobs created.

Fooled me.

Our city, state, and county are all laying people off, and the only federal jobs I’ve seen advertised are for people like doctors, nurses, and aerospace engineers. In other words, people who probably aren’t unemployed anyway.

Not sure what good authorizing a bunch of construction projects would do in December, anyway, other than in the south. There sure as hell isn’t anyone doing any construction work in my area today.

89. NoThreat2U
    90 | December 8, 2009 3:28 pm

I am happy to say that Pennsylvania is rebounding a bit quicker than other parts of the country. Not that I don’t feel bad for those who are out of work…I do. But there is a little brightness in my little corner of the world. If only we could get rid of Philly, we would be doing even better…..

90. BBEV
    91 | December 8, 2009 3:28 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

@ snork:

Hey I live in New Hampshire and we went from spring to winter.

91. 92 | December 8, 2009 3:29 pm

I call-- he’s on a vacation in Israel

92. 93 | December 8, 2009 3:29 pm

snork wrote:

Oh, goody. Chucky’s latest is the 2000’s are the hottest decade in the history of the multiverse.
    Why is half my firewood gone before the solstice, Chucky?

I really could not care much less about LGF, but what I find the most amusing about Global Warming Fundementalists is what it is that they openly claim they are trying to do and what is at stake.

It is their position that only THEY can save the entire globe from complete destruction which is right around the corner!

(the fact that some do this while at the same time mocking the Religions for “end of days” theories is just ironic)

Ok, let me get this straight…I need Al Gore and a bunch of crusty environmentalists to save the entire universe?

Did I just walk into a Science Fiction script?

93. mawskrat
    94 | December 8, 2009 3:29 pm

teacake wrote:

@ mawskrat:
    Was that written by Borat?
    LOL very good

Robert Spencer ought to make a book of his hate mail. all these Muslims think he is a JEW.lol

94. 95 | December 8, 2009 3:29 pm

timbok wrote:

I call– he’s on a vacation in Israel

I don’t think I have seen you around here before…WELCOME!

96 | December 8, 2009 3:30 pm

@ snork:

Why is half my firewood gone before the solstice, Chucky?

That’s because you’re using actual temperatures, measured by a thermometer.

You have to use the “value-added” and “homogenized” data.

According to that, it’s 74 degrees outside, rather than the 3 degrees my thermostat says.

Science!

96. wolfie
    97 | December 8, 2009 3:30 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Same thing here in SW VA mountains. We actually had to put the heat on a couple of nights….in August.

97. Nevergiveup
    98 | December 8, 2009 3:31 pm

It looks like the rumors of naked Tiger Woods photos may be true! Playgirl’s rep Daniel Nardicio confirms to Life & Style that the online magazine has received photos claiming to be Tiger sans clothes. But until the photo is proven to be real, don’t expect to see it online. “We’re currently trying to authenticate the photos before we make any decisions on purchasing the Tiger Woods pics and ascertaining the

And the hits just keep on coming

98. Lincolntf
    99 | December 8, 2009 3:31 pm

Pretty soon it’ll be…
    “Yesterday was the hottest Wednesday since the Cambrian Period, you carbon emitting creationist Palinite infidels!!!”

Our boy’s gone quite bonkers.

100 | December 8, 2009 3:33 pm

Merryweather
    Tue, Dec 8, 2009 3:24:14pm replyquote 3downupreport

Glad the amendment failed, but still angry because A) a bunch of old men are trying to take control over my body and B) they would quite happily screw the rest of the country over in order to do that. This is about providing healthcare to millions of Americans. This should NOT be a debate about abortion.

The amendment would have blocked people who receive federal subsidies from buying insurance plans that cover abortions and p
    prohibited a proposed government insurance plan from offering abortion coverage in most circumstances

What she fails to understand or chooses not to understand, is that noone is taking a way her right to an abortion.
    The amendment simply says not on the pulic nickle

100. wolfie
    101 | December 8, 2009 3:33 pm

Well, I have to go cut out some noses. See you all later!

101. mawskrat
    102 | December 8, 2009 3:34 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

And the hits just keep on coming

just goes to prove a stiff dick has no conscious

102. wolfie
    103 | December 8, 2009 3:34 pm

@ wolfie:

Er, perhaps I should clarify. We’re making a Pin-the-Nose on Rudolph game.

103. Alberta Oil Peon
    104 | December 8, 2009 3:36 pm

The problem with Iran’s pro-democracy movement is that what they mean by democracy doesn’t jibe with what we understand as democracy. All they really want is to replace the existing a**hole Muslim dictator with another a**hole Muslim dictator more to their liking.

I’d love to be proven wrong, but I won’t hold my breath.

There simply isn’t any kind of tradition of true democracy or representative government in any nation under the thrall of Islam. True democracy is un-Islamic, according to the Islamists.

104. 105 | December 8, 2009 3:36 pm

@ teacake:
    Did sound like Borat , didn’t it?

Exactly, lololol

105. NoThreat2U
    106 | December 8, 2009 3:36 pm

@ BBEV:
    Winter is putting up a fight here. Pretty cold, but not bitter…yet. Ha! We are winnning!!!!!!! lol

106. Lincolntf
    107 | December 8, 2009 3:38 pm

The abortion debate hasn’t been about anyone’s “rights” for decades. It’s about money and sexual politics.

107. NoThreat2U
    108 | December 8, 2009 3:38 pm

@ wolfie:
    One good thing, it saved on my electric bills. I didn’t run the central air nearly as much as before. Only when it felt a little damp in here did I put it on. We had autumn the whole time!

109 | December 8, 2009 3:38 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I wish I could say the same. I just spent about 5 minutes outside, and that was enough for me.

Current wind chill is around -26.

109. Nevergiveup
    110 | December 8, 2009 3:40 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Current wind chill is around -26.

were are you?

111 | December 8, 2009 3:43 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

@ BBEV:

Winter, what winter? You only think that it is Winter cold.
    This is a mind control plot by Palin, Beck, Hannity , Limbaugh & some guy named Robert Stacy McCain.
    It is so AGW hot , that we are about to burst into flames.
    Oh yeah, but they have a fire resistive protective shields.
    I know that CJ is aware of all of this.

111. NoThreat2U
    112 | December 8, 2009 3:43 pm

@ Nevergiveup:
    Holy sh*t! -26????

I am in Pittsburgh.

113 | December 8, 2009 3:44 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Colorado Springs.

It’s pretty nasty here today. It’s around 3 degrees, with 40 mph wind gusts and blowing snow.

Even our Sheltie doesn’t want to spend more than 5 minutes outside today. She usually climbs on top of a big snow drift and uses it as an OP to watch the park behind our property, but not today.

113. Nevergiveup
    114 | December 8, 2009 3:45 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Colorado Springs.

Ya sure picked a spot close to ground zero ha?

114. 115 | December 8, 2009 3:45 pm

@ WrathofG-d:

Did I just walk into a Science Fiction script?

No a Horror/Monster script…

116 | December 8, 2009 3:45 pm

Lincolntf wrote:

Noone is going to overturn Roe, there is just a lot of whining it seems to me.
    “My body”, that’s 60′s stuff.

116. NoThreat2U
    117 | December 8, 2009 3:46 pm

I also attribute it to my smoking. Big Tobacco and all that.

117. 118 | December 8, 2009 3:46 pm

@ Lincolntf:

If there is a “right to abortion” then there is a “right” of under 18 year olds to have sex, drink alcohol, and for everyone to smoke crack, and shoot up PCP.

Its all about personal choice, and “privacy” in the penumbra, no?

118. vagabond trader
    119 | December 8, 2009 3:46 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

The old man is spinning in his grave. What a disgrace,I imagine next stop will be a quiet stay in a veddy private clinic to resolve his “addiction” issues.

120 | December 8, 2009 3:47 pm

42 Charles
    Tue, Dec 8, 2009 3:38:11pm replyquote 5downupreport

It’s just unreal to see this going on. The entire right wing punditry has lost their minds.

But you’re fine Charles. Those voices in your head? Perfectly normal.

120. 121 | December 8, 2009 3:48 pm

Uh, oh here comes Global Gozillla!

121. Nevergiveup
    122 | December 8, 2009 3:48 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:

I got a hunch the old man did a bit of stepping out himself. No knowledge, just a hunch. Wasn’t his marriage to tiger’s mom also strained?

122. 123 | December 8, 2009 3:49 pm

124 | December 8, 2009 3:50 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

I also attribute it to my smoking. Big Tobacco and all that.

Right, & Big Oil & Vlaams Belang have to be involoved.
    This is insidious!

124. 125 | December 8, 2009 3:50 pm

Why would anyone want to see Tiger Woods naked? Yuck! He’s not very attractive with his clothes on.

126 | December 8, 2009 3:51 pm

@ Wr.athofG-d:
    How true & he just doesn’t get it

126. Lincolntf
    127 | December 8, 2009 3:52 pm

Climategate broke his little brain.

127. vagabond trader
    128 | December 8, 2009 3:53 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

No idea of that but jeesh he didn’t have an image worth millions to live up to either.

129 | December 8, 2009 3:54 pm

Lincolntf wrote:

Climategate broke his little brain.

It pushed him deeper into his own fever pit.

129. vagabond trader
    130 | December 8, 2009 3:55 pm

@ teacake:

Mrs Woods doesn’t want to either!

131 | December 8, 2009 3:56 pm

See ya. Everybdy have a really nice evening.

131. mawskrat
    132 | December 8, 2009 3:56 pm

I posted this earlier……………

nancy may have OCD

The symptoms of this anxiety disorder range from repetitive hand-washing and extensive hoarding to preoccupation with sexual, religious, or aggressive impulses. These symptoms can be alienating and time-consuming, and often cause severe emotional and economic loss.

132. Nevergiveup
    133 | December 8, 2009 3:57 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ teacake:

Mrs Woods doesn’t want to either!

Yup not anymore. I got a hunch that shop has been closed up tight as a drum.

133. Russkilitlover
    134 | December 8, 2009 3:57 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

@ snork:

That’s just anecdotal evidence, you denier! It’s not scientifically plucked out of your ass.

134. orangecrush
    135 | December 8, 2009 3:58 pm

OT: Memorial service today for the 4 police officers killed in the line of duty.

135. vagabond trader
    136 | December 8, 2009 3:58 pm

Meanwhile in not so Great Britain, Christian couple on trial for offending Muslims. Unreal.

136. Nevergiveup
    137 | December 8, 2009 3:59 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

Shit I’ve said worse than that. And twice as worse on Sundays.

138 | December 8, 2009 4:00 pm

The interesting thing is that the debate over federal abortion funding does show a certain understanding that rights follow money—and that money follows rights.

Rights follow money because if you can’t afford to enforce your rights, you may “possess” the right, but it is worthless.

Money follows rights because, if something is decreed a “right” then a claim on the public purse to provide it may then follow.

If abortion is indeed a “right,” then no matter what people are trying to prevent from going into the law initially, there will be public funding of abortions, first for those people who are dependent upon public money for their health care, then for everyone else on “equal protection” grounds.

138. Guggi
    139 | December 8, 2009 4:00 pm

Antarctic temperatures between ice ages ’6C warmer than today’

Temperatures in Antarctica during warm periods between ice ages soared to up to 6C warmer than the present day, a study has shown.

Snip

But the findings, published this week in journal Nature, show brief spikes in temperature, which recur roughly every 100,000 years and last a few thousand years, seem to have been a lot warmer.

The new findings could help scientists predict how any melting of ice in the future could affect sea levels.

Ice core scientist Eric Wolff, of BAS, is a world-leading expert on past climate. He said: ”During the last warm period, about 125 000 years ago, sea level was around five metres higher than today.

”If we can pin down how much warmer temperatures were in Antarctica and Greenland at this time, then we can test predictions of how melting of the large ice sheets will contribute to sea level rise.”

Snip

139. 140 | December 8, 2009 4:00 pm

When you think everyone but you is nuts, it is a pretty good indication that you are the one who has the problem. When you reverse yourself on everything, everything that you used to say you believed, either you were very, very wrong (and where, even in his little “manifesto” against the Right, does Charles say he was wrong about anything?), or you’ve lost your freaking mind.

I’ll take Door Number Two on that one…

141 | December 8, 2009 4:00 pm

@ Russkilitlover:

Yeah, everyone knows that only Democrats get to use anecdotal (and usually made up, at that) evidence to support their causes, like government run healthcare.

141. vagabond trader
    142 | December 8, 2009 4:02 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Ya know I saw a show the other night about post WWII occupied Germany and how the Brits would capture rogue nazis and lop their heads off.When did they become so damned sensitive.

142. 143 | December 8, 2009 4:04 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

By that same logic, if I have a Second Amendment right to arms, does not the Government owe me arms if I can’t afford them? Public funding would certainly help my pitiful arsenal. I’ll take an M-249 SAW, please. And an M-4. And…

(Hell, I’d be happy with an M-1 Garand and a government issue .45 out of surplus stocks…)

143. 144 | December 8, 2009 4:04 pm

@ vagabond trader:

1969

144. vagabond trader
    145 | December 8, 2009 4:05 pm

I think hes possessed by stan. Possibly happened during one of those black masses.Weak minded people should not mess with that stuff.

145. krik_t_semaj
    146 | December 8, 2009 4:06 pm

@ snork:
    You quickly dismiss what Iranian leaders believe. You dismiss without pause that uber-valuable information. Iran is a death cult looking for an ‘ON’ button. Of course you know this.

147 | December 8, 2009 4:08 pm

Good theory, but the government has not proposed government funding in support of the Second Amendment as a “right”—only government funding of the newly-decreed “right” to healthcare.

So, sorry—guns are out, abortions are in.

147. Nevergiveup
    148 | December 8, 2009 4:10 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:

Well the Arabs own most of London

148. 149 | December 8, 2009 4:11 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

It is going to be interesting to see how that works out in next year’s election. It is as though Obama and the Democratic leadership simply don’t care if they get voted out. That worries me…

150 | December 8, 2009 4:14 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Of course, there was never any such intention when our Constitution was written.

Despite the wishes of Obama and his fellow leftists, its purpose was to limit the power of government to interfere in the lives of citizens, not to provide them with goods and services.

The 1st Amendment right of free speech prevents the government from censoring your speech. It doesn’t obligate the government to provide you a platform for that speech.

151 | December 8, 2009 4:16 pm

Joking about your free guns aside, I’m curious as to what your opinion of the logic/process in #138 is.

152 | December 8, 2009 4:17 pm

Oh, I agree. But I’m just looking at the logic of how the newly-decreed “right to healthcare” could likely play out in light of there being a constitutional right to abortion.

152. 153 | December 8, 2009 4:18 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Sometimes you say the funniest things with a straight face.

In January 2011, two days prior to the swearing-in of the new Senators and Congressmen, President Obama holds an emergency conference that interrupts the regular broadcasting of every station in the United States, and is replayed on major news networks throughout the day. The news is horrifying, and the ramifications of what the president has said have a numbing effect on the public.

Private Ownership of firearms has been outlawed, and Obama has promised a new era of equality and peace. Unfortunately for Obama, Americans would not act like the sheep he had taken them for.

Revolution begins.

153. 154 | December 8, 2009 4:18 pm

@ WrathofG-d:
    When I post global warming stories I use a science fiction tag, I think it’s appropriate.

154. 155 | December 8, 2009 4:23 pm

davehm wrote:

@ WrathofG-d:

AWG Scientologists belong under religion

155. BBEV
    156 | December 8, 2009 4:34 pm

@ Guggi:

My one question to the global warming nuts. How was it possible that the Vikings farmed Greenland?

156. 157 | December 8, 2009 4:36 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

vagabond trader wrote:
    @ teacake:
    Mrs Woods doesn’t want to either!

Yup not anymore. I got a hunch that shop has been closed up tight as a drum.

Apparently she is going back to Sweden. Understandable.

157. snork
    158 | December 8, 2009 5:03 pm

BBEV wrote:

@ Guggi:

Well, duh. With greenhouses. How do you think the place got it’s name?

158. Et Norsk Troll
    159 | December 8, 2009 6:32 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Agreed.

The only thing worse than a woman scorned is trying to stop an idea whose time has come……..!

These Mullahs had best take care that they don’t find their heads on pike, next.

Freedom for Iran~!
    Peace for Israel~!
    (Democratic) Victory to the people of the Middle East~!

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, Mullahs: IT TOLLS FOR THEE~!

~Norsk Troll

159. Et Norsk Troll
    160 | December 8, 2009 6:35 pm

@ mawskrat:

I think Spencer should blow their minds and become a Muslim for a day.

Heh~!