Former GWB senior advisor Karl Rove: The Zero™ is no B+ President

by Bob in Breckenridge ( 114 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Democratic Party, Progressives at December 18th, 2009 - 4:00 pm

The conceit of this moronic Marxist, The Zero™, is breathtaking. Obama and the libtards have been nothing short of a dangerous, utter failure from day one.

From bankrupting our country by putting us trillions of dollars into debt that us, our kids and grandkids will have to somehow repay, to spending $24,000 to purchase each $4000 “cash for clunkers” vehicle, to spending about $250,000 for each “new” job created or saved (whatever the hell a “saved” job is or means). B+??? GMAFB!!! An “F” (for failure) to too high a grade for this idiot Obama.

From Wednesday’s Wall Street Journal-

The President Is No B+ President;
In fact, he’s got the worst ratings of any president at the end of his first year.

Barack Obama has won a place in history with the worst ratings of any president at the end of his first year: 49% approve and 46% disapprove of his job performance in the latest USA Today/Gallup Poll.

There are many factors that explain it, including weakness abroad, an unprecedented spending binge at home, and making a perfectly awful health-care plan his signature domestic initiative. But something else is happening.

Mr. Obama has not governed as the centrist, deficit-fighting, bipartisan consensus builder he promised to be. And his promise to embody a new kind of politics—free of finger-pointing, pettiness and spin—was a mirage. He has cheapened his office with needless attacks on his predecessor.

Consider Mr. Obama’s comment in his interview this past Sunday on CBS’s “60 Minutes” that the Bush administration made a mistake in speaking in “a triumphant sense about war.”

This was a slap at every president who rallied the nation in dark moments, including Franklin D. Roosevelt (“With confidence in our armed forcMr. Obama continued distorting the record in his “60 Minutes” interview Sunday when he blamed bankers for the financial crisis. They “caused the problem,” he insisted before complaining, “I haven’t seen a lot of shame on their part” and pledging to put “a regulatory system in place that prevents them from putting us in this kind of pickle again.”

[...]

Mr. Obama may actually believe it when he says, “I think that’s a pretty darned good outcome” and congratulates himself that he could succeed where “seven presidents have tried . . . [and] seven presidents have failed.”

But voters seem to have a different definition of success. And they are tiring of the president’s blame shifting and distortions.

Read the whole op-ed here

Tags:

Comments

114 Responses to “Former GWB senior advisor Karl Rove: The Zero™ is no B+ President”

1. song_and_dance_man
    1 | December 18, 2009 4:03 pm

OT, once again with my compulsory post.

UPDATE: The 2009 Weblog Awards

We are in the running at The 2009 Weblog Awards

The nominations have been closed for all categories, but there are a couple weeks left for voting on them. Here are the categories where The Blogmocracy have been nominated in.

The list is now linked to the first nomination in each category. This will you help to find the first mention and will insure the right nomination is voted on.

Best Blog
    Best New Blog
    Best New Political Blog
    Best Online Community
    Best Conservative Blog
    Best Political Blog
    Best Up And Coming Blog (Authority between 51 and 100)

If you have not voted for us yet, please do.

Here is how it’s done. The nominees consist of comments in the threads, so one votes for us by clicking the ‘+’ icon in each thread where we are mentioned first.

Now go do that voodoo you do so well.

And BTW B. Hussein is our worst president ever.

2. 2 | December 18, 2009 4:16 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

B. Hussein is our worst president ever.

Unfortunately 100% true. Something has to give. We really can’t take 3 more years of this.

3. yah
    3 | December 18, 2009 4:29 pm

4. song_and_dance_man
    4 | December 18, 2009 4:34 pm

@ yah:

The look of the Ring Wraith is classic after that outburst.

5. 5 | December 18, 2009 4:36 pm

heard on the radio things are going better in Hopenchangen. Unprecedented. But really, hundreds of millions of OUR tax money? This just doesn’t sound one bit constitutional to force us to pay reparations or whatever you want to call it, to foreign nations.

6. chickadee
    6 | December 18, 2009 4:43 pm

If Zero was any kind of a man, when asked how he was doing as POTUS, he would have said, ‘I will let the people of this country rate me. ”
    But the shameless, disgusting narcissist just had to toot his own horn. He’s like a little kid, ‘Hey look at me. . . . look at ME . . . See ME.’
    Also the jerk knows the citizens of this country are wising up to his ways. He is failing as POTUS to more and more people every day. B+ my ass.

7. yah
    7 | December 18, 2009 4:43 pm

I wish every R in congress would stand up and yell “You Lie.” But we have a lot of gutless “R’s.”

8. wolfie
    8 | December 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Great column by Rove, Bob.

One of the problems with Obama is that he is just plain stupid when it comes to economics. Unbelievably ignorant. Childish.

Like a kid who’s never had to pull his own economic weight, never had a real job, never balanced a budget, never……Yeah. That’s him.

9. song_and_dance_man
    9 | December 18, 2009 4:46 pm

@ wolfie:

What can one expect from one whose law degree was floundered in community organizing.

10. 10 | December 18, 2009 4:47 pm

@ wolfie:
    Wolfie, all he knows is legal mumbojumbo and community organizing with Chicago mafia types. Totally unfit to be anything other than a senator, since that isn’t much these days.

11. yah
    11 | December 18, 2009 4:48 pm

I cannot see one good thing this President has accomplished. But I see a lot of bad things. I’d flunk him as President.

12. song_and_dance_man
    12 | December 18, 2009 4:51 pm

yah wrote:

I cannot see one good thing this President has accomplished.

He has strengthened the companies that make teleprompters.

13. 13 | December 18, 2009 4:51 pm

B+? Try BS!

14. 14 | December 18, 2009 4:53 pm

@10 teacake wrote:

He’s unfit to be a Senator, as are most of the other Senators.

15. 15 | December 18, 2009 4:54 pm

@12 song_and_dance_man wrote:

He has strengthened the companies that make teleprompters.

I dunno. His teleprompters has become a target of derision; and if I were running against him in 2012 I would make a point of not using/needing one.

16. wolfie
    16 | December 18, 2009 4:55 pm

yah wrote:

I cannot see one good thing this President has accomplished.

I’m going to see if I can think of something good to say about him.

Wait. I need to cut up a lime for my Cuba Libre.

Thinking.

Still thinking.

17. chickadee
    17 | December 18, 2009 4:55 pm

wolfie wrote:

Great column by Rove, Bob.

I couldn’t agree more that he is unbelievably ignorant but I have also become convinced that he is doing a lot this purposely. He is aware that he is making the economy worse and he just keeps plowing forward. I think it goes back to his basic hatred of America. In his mind, he thinks we deserve all the punishment he can visit upon us. Just recall how he and his sasquatch wife, maligned America from the moment they hit the national stage. They are our enemies. Enemies of everything this country stands for. And they are in the WhiteHouse.
    I flunk them both.

18. 18 | December 18, 2009 4:55 pm

RoboMonkey wrote:

@10 teacake wrote:
    He’s unfit to be a Senator, as are most of the other Senators.

That’s what I meant. lol Franks? Franken? Gimme a break! Idiot box.

19. yah
    19 | December 18, 2009 4:55 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

yah wrote:
    I cannot see one good thing this President has accomplished.

He has strengthened the companies that make teleprompters.

I really think in the end he will even give them a bad name.

20. 20 | December 18, 2009 4:57 pm

@ wolfie:
    LoL! Actually, since it is more than obvious he wants to smash capitalism, destroy a nation he so resents, that’s why he gave himself a B+. He’s accomplishing exactly what he intended to. He is indebted to Soros and what is going on is Soros’ vision manifest.

21. 21 | December 18, 2009 5:00 pm

A friend of mine in MD says the snow is really coming down and she might have to be housebound for 10 days! Meaning, those commie bastards might not be able to return to DC. Not Pelosi or Zero. I don’t think they left just yet, did they?

22 | December 18, 2009 5:00 pm

I can’t remember where I saw, or heard it, but somebody said “if he’s a B+, what would an F look like?”

23. Kali
    23 | December 18, 2009 5:02 pm

@ yah:

He is sending men to Afghanistan. His number #1 job is to protect this country. For that I’m thankful.

24. 24 | December 18, 2009 5:03 pm

@ Kali:
    I think its all for show. The military has to abide by such stupid rules now, for them to be there at all puts them in danger. Even if he did do something that seemed like its good, I can’t trust him at all.

25. 25 | December 18, 2009 5:05 pm

@ teacake:

We have no choice. He would never step down, and Congress will never impeach him even if he sacrificed an infant to Satan in the Capitol Rotunda. People are going to learn that elections have consequences. Giving the country over to someone because they are “historic” (dogwhistle for “black”) “clean” and “articulate” has consequences. Obama has no experience of any significance. He’s not worked an honest job, ever. OK, he did the adjunct professor gig a couple of years for resume padding, but he doesn’t know the subject he aledgedly taught. He didn’t honestly win election to office, even, but used dirty tricks and slimey politics of the lowest sort to destroy his opposition before election. Not as bad as Al Franken, perhaps, but conspicuous for it’s depravaty even for Chicago.

And once in office he did what? Pass ingenious legislation righting the ills of the world? Hardly. When the man voted, he usually voted “presant”. I have yet to hear of even one significant piece of legislation he even signed on as a cosponsor of. And we expect him to run the Country?

We almost deserve how bad he is going to be. Almost.

26. song_and_dance_man
    26 | December 18, 2009 5:07 pm

@ yah:

And picking a Senator over an executive leader like a governor. Since Jack Kennedy he is the only Senator to be elected as POSTUS. And he is no Jack Kennedy.

27. 27 | December 18, 2009 5:07 pm

@21 teacake wrote:

A friend of mine in MD says the snow is really coming down

Not where I am, dammit!

28. 28 | December 18, 2009 5:08 pm

He did write one bill, and it seems this Copenhagen summit is the result. The global poverty tax. Gee thanks asshole. Really, this just can’t be constitutional or legal in any way.

29. song_and_dance_man
    29 | December 18, 2009 5:08 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Could it be Satan?

30. 30 | December 18, 2009 5:08 pm

@ Kali:

He’s not sending enough men to Afghanistan, and he’s making the ones he is sending fight under rules of engagement that will cost some of them their lives. I won’t even give him an “E” for effort. He’s failing on every front, and nowhere more conspicuously than the battle front.

31. 31 | December 18, 2009 5:09 pm

RoboMonkey wrote:

@21 teacake wrote:
    A friend of mine in MD says the snow is really coming down
    Not where I am, dammit!

You’re in MD or DC? You want a blizzard?

32. 32 | December 18, 2009 5:10 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

huckfunn wrote:

Could it be Satan?

Oh shit! I think you’re right.

33. 33 | December 18, 2009 5:12 pm

“Rules of Derangement” I calls ‘em.

34. 34 | December 18, 2009 5:13 pm

@ teacake:

The Copenchangen thing is piss and win. It isn’t binding, and even if it were Obama can’t commit the United States to anything without the approval of the Senate, and that won’t happen. Obama made a speech, and that is all it was.

35 | December 18, 2009 5:13 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    @ teacake:

I think you’re on to something.

36. 36 | December 18, 2009 5:13 pm

@31 teacake wrote:

You’re in MD or DC? You want a blizzard?

Yes and yes. I grew up in New England, experienced a real “blizzard” (which doesn’t just mean “snow on the ground”, though that’s how natives here tend to use the term), and miss snow. Never get enough of it here.

I should host a global warming summit.

37. 37 | December 18, 2009 5:14 pm

RoboMonkey wrote:

I should host a global warming summit.

You’re funny.

38. 38 | December 18, 2009 5:15 pm

@34 Iron Fist wrote:

If he couldn’t get sixty votes for ObamaCare, he won’t get sixty-seven votes (the 2/3 majority required for treaties) for ManBearPig.

39. chickadee
    39 | December 18, 2009 5:17 pm

It is really telling that Zero is incapable of speak from the heart. He can NOT take his eyes off the prompter and words that other people have written. He stumbles and mumbles and sounds like an imbecile when he goes off prompter. And this is a person with a degree from Harvard.
    Just contrast Zero with the brilliant passionate Col. Allen West who poured his patriotic heart out and expressed his beliefs succinctly without a prompter.
    Zero is a bumbling fool but he also has a lot of very dark thoughts in his heart that he has to conceal.
    That’s why he uses the prompter.

40. 40 | December 18, 2009 5:17 pm

@37 teacake wrote:

You’re funny.

I try. But then I turn around and post something like this.

41. 41 | December 18, 2009 5:18 pm

@ RoboMonkey:
    FUCK! LOL

42 | December 18, 2009 5:18 pm

We almost deserve how bad he is going to be. Almost.

It’s like we need to be purified by the flaming fires about once every generation with a Carter or Obama so that we remember why we don’t vote for libs. The other thought is that this is what the hard left academia has done to the young electorate for the past 30 years. People need to wake up to what they are spending their money on when they mortgage the house to send Susie and Johnny to Stanford, Harvard or any of the other universities these days.

43. 43 | December 18, 2009 5:18 pm

@ chickadee:

Actually, I suspect the teleprompter is using him. Kind of like a ventriloquist’s dummy…

44. 44 | December 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Unfortunately I think things have to get so bad that the left opens their eyes and wakes up. At least a good portion will, no doubt.

45. PrincessNatasha
    45 | December 18, 2009 5:19 pm

In my town, if idiots even hear the word “snow’, they proceed to get into “accidents”, just for the hell of it. They believe, erroneously, that a snow forecast(i.e. before anything actually hits the ground) is an excuse to drive like a moron. OMFG… These people need to sometimes separate themselves and their TXT to actually see what is going on… On the other hand… I am kinda hoping some dumbass totals my shitty little car so I can buy a Jeep.

46. Truck Monkey
    46 | December 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Cleaned garage. Check
    Both cars inside. Check
    Deck and yard all cleaned up. Check
    Snowblower started and running. Check
    Firewood and junkfood secured. Check
    I am ready for the snow here in MD. Forecasts say anywhere from 12 to 24 inches. They are wrong most of the time, we’ll see.
    I would give my storm preparations a B+

47. BBEV
    47 | December 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Johnny Cash -- When the Man Comes Around -- Tribute

We use to play this at 1.0 when we had a President with balls’ and knew what was right. G.B. may have been wrong sometimes but boy do I miss him.

48. song_and_dance_man
    48 | December 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Ha. More votes for our nominations. Thank you lurkers. But enough of the fact we will be finalists.

In one week he committed to enlarge a war and got the Nobel Peace prize. The whole of the global Left are off their rockers when it come to getting it right. One would think B. Hussein could have further delayed the Afganistan decision one more week or more to offset the absurdity of these two events for political reason. But that is not the way for these dolts. It’s in you face hypocrisy in spite of public opinion or rational reason.

Danger Will Robinson,

49. wolfie
    49 | December 18, 2009 5:20 pm

@ chickadee:
    @ teacake:

Yeah. You can make an argument that he actually wants a big depression so we can be “saved” by total socialism.

But the sheer ignorance and ideological blindness are still striking. Bill Clinton could turn around his thinking on economic policy because he wasn’t entirely ignorant about money. True, he never had a real job either, but he grew up poor and knew the value of a buck and how to steal one.

More important, Clinton, IMHO, never really believed the socialist spiel. No more than a used-car salesman believes that lemon was only driven to church on Sundays by a sweet old widow. Obama, OTOH, is a true believer in neo-Marxism. He really believes the other side is evil, so he can’t seek advice from anyone outside the ideology.

50. 50 | December 18, 2009 5:20 pm

@45 PrincessNatasha wrote:

That describes the entire Maryland/DC/Northern Virginia area.

51. 51 | December 18, 2009 5:20 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    WHile its parked?

52. PrincessNatasha
    52 | December 18, 2009 5:20 pm

teacake wrote:

They will never “wake up”. Reason? They WANT things to be horrible. They WANT death and destruction for its own sake.

53. 53 | December 18, 2009 5:22 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    I pray you’re wrong, but you might not be.

54. 54 | December 18, 2009 5:22 pm

RoboMonkey wrote:

That describes the entire Maryland/DC/Northern Virginia area.

55. PrincessNatasha
    55 | December 18, 2009 5:22 pm

@ teacake:
    Well, that would be ideal. But if they rear-end and smash it to all hell at a red light, I won’t complain.

56. song_and_dance_man
    56 | December 18, 2009 5:23 pm

@ huckfunn:

It all about political posturing and appearance of agreement with our enemies, or at least those who don’t like us much.

57. 57 | December 18, 2009 5:23 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    Good luck with that, then. lol

58. PrincessNatasha
    58 | December 18, 2009 5:24 pm

teacake wrote:

@ PrincessNatasha:
    I pray you’re wrong, but you might not be.

I was hoping I was wrong… But observing these people, and finding out some really deep-down stuff from them, without them meaning to do it… I found out some things that I would have been happier not knowing.

59. 59 | December 18, 2009 5:25 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

That is exactly right. The Left want to make things sop bad that the people violently revolt. The idea is that they, the Leftist Vanguard, will ride the Revolution into power and establish themselves as the Dictators. There is nothing really pretty or idealistic about Communism. It is a brutal philosophy dedicated to totalitarian power for the sake of power. But you know this.

60. chickadee
    60 | December 18, 2009 5:25 pm

@ chickadee:

He looks like a ventriloquists dummy. I can imagine him on Soros’ lap, his skinny legs folded up and his big feet, pigeon toed and dangling. Him and his degree from Harvard. What a dork.

61. PrincessNatasha
    61 | December 18, 2009 5:26 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

@ huckfunn:

I wish it were posturing. Unfortunately, Komrade Zer0 seems to think it is real.
    What I wonder is : why do it at all? It’s not like the UN is gonna invade us if we tell them to piss off…

62. 62 | December 18, 2009 5:30 pm

I guess I know quite a few lefties actually who are thrilled with what’s going on. I don’t speak to any of them any more actually. They also get so smug that us little people fear for the future. I finally hid one of their comments from FB since I couldn’t take it anymore. LOL

63. wolfie
    63 | December 18, 2009 5:30 pm

huckfunn wrote:

AMEN to that.

64 | December 18, 2009 5:31 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    @ PrincessNatasha:

None of it makes any sense. All of the crap that Obamao is jamming down our throats has failed everywhere its been tried.

65. song_and_dance_man
    65 | December 18, 2009 5:32 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

I think that is right on. He is serious about his Marxism.

66. wolfie
    66 | December 18, 2009 5:35 pm

@ BBEV:

Johnny Cash was a religious fanatic and creationist!!!!
    That song is full of end times craziness promulgated by the Discovery Institute, Geert Wilder, and Big Tobacco.
    GET OFF MY BLOG!

67. 67 | December 18, 2009 5:36 pm

So the bunch of rich dummies that run countries across this world got together, during a blizzard, to discuss global warming.

They don’t believe in global warming and don’t really care, but it was a chance to slush around with other rich dummies that run countries and enjoy expensive food and drink on someone else’s dime.

They arrived at an agreement that isn’t legally binding and so, in the end, absolutely nothing was done, except wasted time, money and fuel.

Torches and Pitchforks.

69 | December 18, 2009 5:39 pm

@ LanceKates:

When you put it that way, it doesn’t sound all that different from Congress.

69. chickadee
    70 | December 18, 2009 5:40 pm

BBEV wrote:

Johnny Cash – When the Man Comes Around – Tribute

I miss Johnny Cash and Pres. Bush.

70. mfhorn
    71 | December 18, 2009 5:41 pm

@ RoboMonkey:

Ok, now that’s just nasty

71. 72 | December 18, 2009 5:42 pm

wolfie wrote:

@ BBEV:
    Johnny Cash was a religious fanatic and creationist!!!!
    GET OFF MY BLOG!

Johnny Cash was a musician and a gentleman of such caliber that Charles isn’t fit to lick the bottom of his shoes.

72. orangecrush
    73 | December 18, 2009 5:43 pm

i went and saw Avatar tonight. An A + movie. I’ll see it again. In the post viewing survey they asked me what website I read. I gave Blogmocracy the number one spot, then foxnews, and ew.com

Obama’s solutions seem to be Chicago. Get the Olympics to illinois, get the gitmos to Illinois. I wonder how many favors he is calling in and how much his friends are being rewarded. Obama treats the presidency as a garage sale.

73. 74 | December 18, 2009 5:43 pm

@ LanceKates:
    When you put it that way, it doesn’t sound all that different from Congress.

how I wish…. TOO MUCH of what Congress does is legally binding…

74. wolfie
    75 | December 18, 2009 5:43 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

They WANT death and destruction for its own sake.

I agree with you.
    The Left is a destructive force.
    Its true love is ultimately Death.

75. chickadee
    76 | December 18, 2009 5:43 pm

LanceKates wrote:

wolfie wrote:

@ BBEV:
    Johnny Cash was a religious fanatic and creationist!!!!
    GET OFF MY BLOG!

Perfectly stated.

76. 77 | December 18, 2009 5:44 pm

mfhorn wrote:

Ok, now that’s just nasty

A number of people have told me that I’m being unfair to Mr. Spock.

77. 78 | December 18, 2009 5:44 pm

@ orangecrush:

Given what the story appears to be, does it have an anti-military feel to it?

That was kind of my worry.

78. Kali
    79 | December 18, 2009 5:44 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Thank you lurkers.

Esteemed readers has a nice ring.

79. gulfloafer
    80 | December 18, 2009 5:45 pm

@ BBEV:
    Awesome!

80. 81 | December 18, 2009 5:45 pm

@ orangecrush:

So you really like it. I’d heard that it was both anti-US and anti-military. And then the Puppyblender described the aliens as Terminator smurfs. Not very appealing. Could you give a more thorough review? I had decided not to see it but I could be convinced otherwise.

82 | December 18, 2009 5:47 pm

@ orangecrush:

In the end, Obama is the quintessential Chicago politician.

You can no more remove the corruption from his administration than you can from Maliki’s, or Karzai’s.

It’s a feature, not a bug.

82. 83 | December 18, 2009 5:47 pm

And then the Puppyblender described the aliens as Terminator smurfs.

South Park also did an episode calling them Smurf rip-offs and depicting the plot as one of evil human capitalist exploitation.

83. wolfie
    84 | December 18, 2009 5:48 pm

@ RoboMonkey:

ROFL! :lol:

(But you must admit the new haircut and the stint at Jenny Craig have greatly improved his appearance!)

84. song_and_dance_man
    85 | December 18, 2009 5:48 pm

One would think the idiots who scheduled the Climate Change Summit would have chosen to hold it in July or August when the heat would give global warming some sort of legitimacy for the ignorant who think the seasons have no bearing on why the Earth goes through climatic cycles. No, instead they calendar it in the Winter.

What does this tell us about their level of intelligence?

It’s like the bank robber who puts his demands on a household bill.

86 | December 18, 2009 5:49 pm

orangecrush wrote:

I wonder how long it will be before we’re all eating Soylent Green sandwiches.

86. 87 | December 18, 2009 5:49 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Do you know how bad it will look for them if they schedule the next Global Warming summit in Miami in July and it STILL gets hit by a blizzard?

87. wolfie
    88 | December 18, 2009 5:50 pm

LanceKates wrote:

Couldn’t agree more.

88. orangecrush
    89 | December 18, 2009 5:51 pm

Tea Party gains political power.

And in other news Kilgore Trout is still a racist. And by support and extension so is Charles.. According to LGF logic that is.

90 | December 18, 2009 5:53 pm

@ RoboMonkey:

See, that’s why they changed it from “global warming” to “climate change” in the first place.

That way, they can claim that anything that’s slightly out of the ordinary is a result. Unusually cold winter? Check. Unusually warm winter? Check.

Big storm? Check. No storms? Check.

It’s brilliant, actually.

90. mfhorn
    91 | December 18, 2009 5:55 pm

@ RoboMonkey:

That should have been for the pic of Ms Albright. may have turned me off permanently.

91. 92 | December 18, 2009 5:57 pm

mfhorn wrote:

That should have been for the pic of Ms Albright.

Helen Thomas, actually.

92. chickadee
    93 | December 18, 2009 5:57 pm

@ RoboMonkey:

Big storm? Check. No storms? Check.

It’s brilliant, actually.

</blockquote
    I think it has made people realize they are being played for suckers.

94 | December 18, 2009 5:58 pm

@ orangecrush:

Tea Party gains political power.

As long as they confine their activities to the Republican primaries, I’m all for it.

If they start fucking around in the general election by putting up third party candidates who split the conservative vote, I swear I’ll hunt their asses down as if they were Sarah Connor.

94. 95 | December 18, 2009 5:59 pm

RoboMonkey wrote:

mfhorn wrote:

Ok, now that’s just nasty
    A number of people have told me that I’m being unfair to Mr. Spock.

Don’t worry, Spock can take it. he has found love.

95. 96 | December 18, 2009 6:00 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

As I said on another thread, they HAVE to hold these in the winter to rally the troops.

It is easy to forget reality and believe in AGW when it is 90 degrees outside, but support (and therefore money) is scarce in the winter without the summits.

96. wolfie
    97 | December 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Yep. We need to do our best to get conservatives nominated. But if we lose that round, we can’t split the vote. That is madness.

97. 98 | December 18, 2009 6:02 pm

@ orangecrush:
    Tea Party gains political power.

Extra incentive, then, for the RNC to listen to the Tea Party Crowd and start putting up conservatives, wouldn’t you agree?

98. chickadee
    99 | December 18, 2009 6:03 pm

@ orangecrush:

Tea Party gains political power.

i couldn’t agree more. We do not need a 3rd party that will get Zero re-elected. Been there, done that.
    But watch for the msm to try to infiltrate the thinking of what is best for conservatives/republicans and split us up so they can keep the Idiot-in-Chief in business. We just need to shift the rinos toward conservatism. It will be sure win for us.

99. 100 | December 18, 2009 6:06 pm

@ chickadee:

That hasn’t worked and we’ve been doing it since the mid 90′s.

We gave the rnc the white house and congress, yet we kept moving to the left. We’re heading towards a cliff and the two parties differ on what speed we should drive.

Yeah, we lose a few elections if we start to develop a solid new party….. bring the various thrid parties into one…. but to abandon the idea because it wouldn’t be convenient on a short term level?

Remember, no one votes whig anymore.

100. gulfloafer
    101 | December 18, 2009 6:07 pm

We need uniters not dividers. I think they understand that. We need people with balls enough to call it like it is, but not so out there that they turn everyone off.

101. orangecrush
    102 | December 18, 2009 6:08 pm

@ 81 Iron Fist:

The corporate run military mercenaries are the bad guys. The good guy defects from them. There were parts that were political crap. Where GWB bush words were used by the bad guys to make their points. That part was pretty shallow. And I noticed it right off in the movie. It’s like that Kurt Russell movie soldier http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120157/ that is typical sci fi to me. It’s not Orson Scott Card stuff.

I’d say there were about 5 cheap political shots in the movie. That served no real purpose except to get democratic watchers go Yahoo… It does reveal the vapidity of expensive hollywood writers.

But I saw the movie as more about the nature of the human spirit. And the individual will to survive. something the marxist don’t like.

The natives are kinda of cool and kinda of dopey. They are like native americans, mixed with some african stuff and laid out like Mel Gibson tribals co horts from Scotland and Central America. Charles would call them racist. One of the less colorful ones did look like Obama to me.

Just view the military here as an Obama created expedition that he denies all knowledge of.

I’ll see it once more where the CGI won’t wow me so much. The weakness in it are probably the writing.

I don’t want to give a lot of it away if people go see it. It does have some surprises in it. Go matinee or wait until DVD maybe.

102. 103 | December 18, 2009 6:14 pm

@ orangecrush:

Thanx :-)

103. orangecrush
    104 | December 18, 2009 6:14 pm

@ 81 Iron Fist: The aliens are humanoids with blue skin. Taller and tougher then us Earthpeople. It’s a sci fi story about machine vs nature. Very common theme. Just the computer graphics are very good. And there is some plot in it. Sigourney Weaver is in it, I was half expecting an ALIEN to pop out somewhere.

104. chickadee
    105 | December 18, 2009 6:15 pm

LanceKates wrote:

@ chickadee:

That hasn’t worked and we’ve been doing it since the mid 90’s.

Remember, no one votes whig anymore.

Rinos are losers. Weak Republicans are on thin ice. . Look how McCain lost. . . . like an old fool. This reach across the aisle b.s. is not working. Rinos will not be elected. They will be primaried and put out to pasture. Conservatism is on the ascendency. Any light weight Republicans can just go join the Dems. They do not make the grade today for what we need in office..

106 | December 18, 2009 6:16 pm

@ chickadee:

Amen.

106. orangecrush
    107 | December 18, 2009 6:17 pm

@ 99 chickadee: I’ll carry a no third party badge with me to any tea parties. Nader is the only one making any headway and I think he has gone from 1-3 percent.

107. chickadee
    108 | December 18, 2009 6:17 pm

108. 109 | December 18, 2009 6:20 pm

@ chickadee:

100% agreement.

109. chickadee
    110 | December 18, 2009 6:22 pm

orangecrush wrote:

The Tea Parties are not a political Party. They are a movement to take back the Republican Party and bring it to the winning conservative focus that will let us sweep elections.
    But watch the msm try to divide us. Fck them.

110. 111 | December 18, 2009 6:24 pm

@ chickadee:

I went to one Tea Party event here in OKC. (the rest were scheduled on days I worked, so I couldn’t attend)

Men, women, white, black, american indian, asian, hispanic….. rich, poor….

just a mixture of everyone.
    And, much to my joy, there were at least a couple dozen bikers there.

111. chickadee
    112 | December 18, 2009 7:06 pm

LanceKates wrote:

@ chickadee:

Men, women, white, black, american indian, asian, hispanic….. rich, poor….

just a mixture of everyone.
    And, much to my joy, there were at least a couple dozen bikers there.

That is exactly what I have noticed at the Tea Parties. A varied group of citizens. All fed up with the commie trajectory of this country under the mismanagement of Zero. It was very encouraging and heart warming to see old and young, black and white and everything in between showing up to take back this country.

112. 113 | December 18, 2009 7:26 pm

@ chickadee:

It can help to reduce the feeling that one is all alone.

113. AZfederalist
    114 | December 18, 2009 7:56 pm

LanceKates wrote:

@ orangecrush:
    Given what the story appears to be, does it have an anti-military feel to it?
    That was kind of my worry.

From comments on HotAir, more of an anti-military, anti-capitalist, pro-environmentalist Kumbaya kind of movie. With special effects, but moonbat none the less.