by Bob in Breckenridge ( 65 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Climate, Democratic Party, Political Correctness, Politics, Progressives, Weather at February 24th, 2010 - 9:30 pm

Gotta love Sen. Inhofe, but don’t hold your breath waiting for this to happen until we take back both branches of Congress (the House and Senate) from the socialists in 2011…

James Inhofe (R-OK) intends to ask for a probe of the embattled climate scientists for possible criminal acts. And he thinks (former VP Al) Gore should be recalled to explain his prior congressional testimony.

Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) today asked the Obama administration to investigate what he called “the greatest scientific scandal of our generation” — the actions of climate scientists revealed by the Climategate files, and the subsequent admissions by the editors of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Fourth Assessment Report (AR4).

Senator Inhofe also called for former Vice President Al Gore to be called back to the Senate to testify.

“In [Gore's] science fiction movie, every assertion has been rebutted,” Inhofe said. He believes Vice President Gore should defend himself and his movie before Congress.

Just prior to a hearing at 10:00 a.m. EST, Senator Inhofe released a minority staff report from the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, of which he is ranking member. Senator Inhofe is asking the Department of Justice to investigate whether there has been research misconduct or criminal actions by the scientists involved, including Dr. Michael Mann of Pennsylvania State University and Dr. James Hansen of Columbia University and the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies.

This report, obtained exclusively by Pajamas Media before today’s hearing, alleges:

[The] Minority Staff of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works believe the scientists involved may have violated fundamental ethical principles governing taxpayer-funded research and, in some cases, federal laws. In addition to these findings, we believe the emails and accompanying documents seriously compromise the IPCC -backed “consensus” and its central conclusion that anthropogenic emissions are inexorably leading to environmental catastrophes.

As has been reported here at Pajamas Media over the last several months, the exposure of the Climategate files has led to a reexamination of the IPCC Assessment Reports, especially the fourth report (AR4), published in 2007. The IPCC AR4 report was named by Environmental Protection Agency head Lisa Jackson as one of the major sources of scientific support for the agency’s Endangerment Finding, the first step towards allowing the EPA to regulate carbon dioxide as a pollutant.

Since the Climategate files were released, the IPCC has been forced to retract a number of specific conclusions — such as a prediction that Himalayan glaciers would disappear by 2035 — and has been forced to confirm that the report was based in large part on reports from environmental activist groups instead of peer-reviewed scientific literature. Dr. Murari Lal, an editor of the IPCC AR4 report, admitted to the London Daily Mail that he had known the 2035 date was false, but was included in the report anyway “purely to put political pressure on world leaders.”

Based on this minority staff report, Senator Inhofe will be calling for an investigation into potential research misconduct and possible criminal acts by the researchers involved. At the same time, Inhofe will ask the Environmental Protection Agency to reopen its consideration of an Endangerment Finding for carbon dioxide as a pollutant under the Federal Clean Air Act, and will ask Congress to withdraw funding for further consideration of carbon dioxide as a pollutant.

In requesting that the EPA reopen the Endangerment Finding, Inhofe joins with firms such as the Peabody Energy Company and several state attorneys general (such as Texas and Virginia) in objecting to the Obama administration’s attempt to extend regulatory control over carbon dioxide emissions in the United States. Senator Inhofe believes this staff report “strengthens the case” for the Texas and Virginia attorneys general.

Read the whole article here

Tags:

Comments

65 Responses to “GOP Senator to Ask for DOJ Investigation into Global Warming Hoax, Calls Gore’s Movie “Science Fiction””

1. Nikis Knight
    1 | February 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Mmmm, there’s some nice motivation, though.

2. calcajun
    2 | February 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Will never happen-- just so much grandstanding.

3. 3 | February 24, 2010 10:01 pm

We need Axe Cop.

4. snork
    4 | February 24, 2010 10:09 pm

calcajun wrote:

Will never happen– just so much grandstanding.

He’s building the record, as they say in the law biz. You’re right, there’s no way in Hades Boxorox is going to pursue this. But it’s on the record that she obstructed. Which will come back and bite later.

5. snork
    5 | February 24, 2010 10:18 pm

This is nuts. MBP doesn’t owe anyone any explanations for anything regarding his movie. There’s got to be something else going on that wasn’t reported properly.

6. 6 | February 24, 2010 10:20 pm

@ Bunk X:

Chainsaw cop!

7. 7 | February 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Sorry to go OT so soon.
    QUESTION
    I just noticed that my cat has one eye very dilated and the other is normal. Has anyone seen this with a cat? What the heck is that? I have no idea if she has been this way all these years or if this is something all the sudden.

8. Calo
    8 | February 24, 2010 10:31 pm

@ teacake:
    Brain injury of some type.

9. 9 | February 24, 2010 10:35 pm

@ Calo:
    Are you serious or kidding.

10. 10 | February 24, 2010 10:36 pm

oh lord, looks like she needs to go to the vet I guess.

11. CloudyDay
    11 | February 24, 2010 10:36 pm

#7 @ teacake:
    A quick web search turned up this page:
    Pet Symptom Solver Tool -- Eyes

According to a few pages I’ve skimmed over, there seem to be several causes, from brain damage to diet issues to other causes.

Excerpt from page above:

In cats, dilated pupils may be caused by a diet of raw fish. Fish contains an enzyme called thiaminase that destroys thiamin, a vitamin necessary for good vision, says Paul M. Gigliotti, D.V.M., a veterinarian in private practice in Mayfield Village, Ohio. In addition, cats given mainly milk or vegetarian diets may become deficient in an amino acid called taurine, which is essential for keeping the retinas healthy. When taurine levels fall, the eyes may dilate.

Another site:
    Eye Problems in Cats, from Vet Info.com

12. 12 | February 24, 2010 10:38 pm

@ CloudyDay:
    Thank you much CD. If there isn’t a change tomorrow, guess I’ll have to see the vet.

13. Calo
    13 | February 24, 2010 10:38 pm

@ Calo:
    Teacake --
    Sorry for the quick “drive by” post. Does your kitty have any other symptoms? Like difficulty walking -- eating issues or other things that are not “quite right”? My 1st response makes me think your cat has had some type of brain trauma with one pupil larger than the other.

14. 14 | February 24, 2010 10:39 pm

@ teacake:

My cats all have equal dialation. It doesn’t sound normal to me.

15. 15 | February 24, 2010 10:40 pm

She is normal in every other way. I just noticed it. Have no idea when it started. I’m a bad cat mom.

16. 16 | February 24, 2010 10:41 pm

The one thats dilated is HUGE. Crap.

17. Calo
    17 | February 24, 2010 10:44 pm

@ teacake:
    My cats all have equal dialation. It doesn’t sound normal to me.

I know I overreact after 20 years as a trauma RN when I hear 1 pupil is larger than the other. Cloudy Day, thank you, I never think it might be diet -- but I am not a vet.

18. 18 | February 24, 2010 10:46 pm

I hope its the diet. Vets cost so much is the main issue. Also, she hates the bus. lol

19. CloudyDay
    19 | February 24, 2010 10:47 pm

12 @ teacake:

You’re welcome. I wish I could help more. One page I linked you to also mentioned that dilated pupils can also be a symptom of anti-freeze ingestion.

Anti-freeze can kill a pet within hours, but I would think that would affect both pupils, not just the one?

I recently read an article about anti-freeze poisoning (and other dangers pets face around home) here.

It mentions that Tylenol can kill cats, too, and these items are bad for pets:

Raisins, grapes, avocados and onions can seriously harm pets. Also watch out for products containing xylitol, like chewing gum. Treats for humans aren’t the same as treats for pets. Beware of chocolate, especially dark chocolate, which can cause heart problems and seizures.

Full List is Here (in PDF format
    (scroll down PDF page for “Toxic Plants” and “People Food”)

20. Calo
    20 | February 24, 2010 10:47 pm

@ teacake:
    How old is your kitty?

21. Ma Sands
    21 | February 24, 2010 10:49 pm

@ teacake:

Ah, how I wish it were earlier….my time zone, it’s near 1 a.m. …..otherwise I’d call my daughter, she’s a vet tech for small animals…..

22. 22 | February 24, 2010 10:49 pm

CloudyDay wrote:

She just eats kibble mostly. Actually I gave her some raw chicken the other day, maybe that wasn’t a good idea. What she gets into outside I wouldn’t know at all.

23. 23 | February 24, 2010 10:50 pm

@ Calo:

Understandable. If it were one of my kitties, I’d probably be on the way to the pet ER. $500 or so to my pet’s health. [sigh]

24. 24 | February 24, 2010 10:51 pm

@ Calo: She is about 3 or 4.

@ Ma Sands:
    That’s sweet of you. Guess she needs to be looked at. Ever since I moved to this apartment every couple of weeks something happens to put me in the red. It makes me feel like a horrible cat mom when the first thing I think of is paying a bill rather than her well being.

I’m off to bed then and call the vet in the morning.

25. 25 | February 24, 2010 10:52 pm

@ Bunk X:
    Chainsaw cop!

No. AXE COP. Chainsaw Cop hasn’t been invented yet. Got this, though: Chainsaw Bear.

26. Calo
    26 | February 24, 2010 10:53 pm

@ Ma Sands:
    Ma -- my first instint is a stroke but her cat has no other symptoms. However if the cat is an indoor/outdoor cat -- there is no telling what could be wrong.

27. 27 | February 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Guess only a vet can know. Luckily they let me pay in installments.

28. 28 | February 24, 2010 10:56 pm

Good night! Thanks for the input everyone. She’s a very sweet girl. Nothing seems odd other than that. No telling what happens when she’s out and about.

29. CloudyDay
    29 | February 24, 2010 10:58 pm

@ teacake:

The list also had a lot of plants that are bad for pets (such as English Ivy, Sago Palms, Oleanders, etc), so if it wasn’t some kind of food or man-made chemical (or physical injury), it could’ve been a plant.

I skimmed the list over more and see that coffee is mentioned! My kitty is going to be grumpy without his morning cup of joe anymore -- he’s never been much of a morning cat(*).
    —--
    (*)Kidding, I’ve never actually given my cat coffee. (But coffee really is on their list of stuff that is dangerous for pets.)
    ———--
    I hope your kitty is okay Tea Cake, meanwhile, I think I’m going to turn in, as I’m getting sleepy.

30. Eliana
    30 | February 24, 2010 10:58 pm

@ teacake:

Best wishes, teacake.

I hope your kitty is ok!

Let us know!

31. Ma Sands
    31 | February 24, 2010 10:59 pm

@ Calo:

When my first child was a few months old, I learned about checking the pupils after any bump on the head, to make sure they dilated & shrunk at the same time….. ):

_______________
    @ teacake:

Pay in installments? Oh, neat! How I wish I could find a people-dentist that would let me do that! : )

32. Calo
    32 | February 24, 2010 11:00 pm

@ teacake:
    Since I am surrounded by 5 dogs/cats right now I want to let you know how much joy they bring to my life -- and expense. That being said, if your cat exhibits no other symptoms (and since the pupil is “blown” and the damage is done) maybe enjoy your kitty and let be what is …

33. 33 | February 24, 2010 11:08 pm

@ teacake:
    I wish you and your kitty well. Until you see the vet, don’t assume the worst.

34. Eliana
    34 | February 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Zero and the State Department are making jerks of themselves again:

The Obama administration criticized Israel for designating two shrines on Palestinian territory as Israeli national heritage sites.

The State Department on Wednesday sharply criticized Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government for adding two shrines in the West Bank to Israel’s list of national heritage sites. State Department spokesman Mark Toner said the administration viewed the move as provocative and unhelpful to the goal of getting the two sides back to the table. (AP)

Mahmoud Abbas threatened Israel with a RELIGIOUS WAR but Zero and the State Department don’t criticize him for doing this.

Oh no. Instead, they criticize Israel for putting two Jewish religious sites in Judea on the list of heritage sites that will get MONEY for upgrades and improvements.

35. Eliana
    35 | February 24, 2010 11:32 pm

What do Zero and the State Department think is going to happen at a negotiating table between Israel and a guy who threatens a WAR when he’s unhappy with Israel’s decisions on where to spend their money to improve religious sites?

“Excuse me, President Zero, but we’re not signing anything that would give these barbarians an easier path to start a war against us as their form of self-expression when they don’t like Israeli government decisions about our own religion and culture.”

36. Overlook
    36 | February 24, 2010 11:35 pm

@ Eliana:

Have you seen anything on whether Obama will endorse the EU plan for Palestinian statehood within 2 years?

37. MrPaulRevere
  38. Eliana
    38 | February 25, 2010 12:12 am

@ Overlook:

France is already backing away from it.

It would start a war and I think France has figured this out now.

Zero’s been silent about it so far.

39 | February 25, 2010 12:55 am

@ MrPaulRevere:
    :mrgreen:

40. Phidippus
    40 | February 25, 2010 1:17 am

@ teacake:
    I have had two cats that exhibited the dilated eye before being diagnosed with feline HIV. Is this an outdoor cat and has it been innoculated for feline HIV? This was several years ago when I had semi-feral outdoor cats. I later raised Scottish Fold cats for ten years, and they were all innoculated against feline HIV, and none of them ever exhibited the dilated eye, or contracted HIV or FIV. Definitely take the cat to the vet.

41. BatGuano
  42. goddessoftheclassroom
    42 | February 25, 2010 2:55 am

Good morning, y’all.

43. 43 | February 25, 2010 3:04 am

goddessoftheclassroom wrote:

Good morning, y’all.

Good morning beautiful…

44 | February 25, 2010 3:06 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

Good morning to both of you & anyone else here.

45. goddessoftheclassroom
    45 | February 25, 2010 3:21 am

{doriangrey}
    {RIX}

Please pray that the snow headed my way doesn’t interfere with the musical rehearsals.

46 | February 25, 2010 3:33 am

goddessoftheclassroom wrote:

{doriangrey}
    {RIX}

Done. What is the musical?

47. goddessoftheclassroom
    47 | February 25, 2010 3:39 am

It’s called Little Miss Christie. It’s a mystery-musical. We’ve lost 12 hours of rehearsal because of snow days. :(

48 | February 25, 2010 3:43 am

goddessoftheclassroom wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Do the kids keep up on their own on those days, or is it off to the mall?

49. goddessoftheclassroom
    49 | February 25, 2010 3:47 am

I think they tried, but it’s hard to practice choreography by themselves.

Ah, well, I must get ready. Have a great day!

50 | February 25, 2010 3:51 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:
    Have a great day.

51 | February 25, 2010 3:54 am

This is disturbing,

384 Jimmah
    Thu, Feb 25, 2010 12:06:18am
    In NYC, ice and I got a cab -- which was stopped by the fuzz before we got to our destination. Argument ensued between tiny napoleonesque Italian cop and Caribbean driver, with the meter still running, which iceweasel took serious umbrage at. I got to hear her in full flow, with the Noo Yawk accent to the fore. It just made me want to marry her even more :)

52. KGB
    52 | February 25, 2010 4:13 am

I’ll bet she sounded like two cats fucking.

53 | February 25, 2010 4:15 am

KGB wrote:

I’ll bet she sounded like two cats fucking.

It had to be quite an exhibition & Jimmah found this attractive?

54. Nevergiveup
    54 | February 25, 2010 4:28 am

Good morning all. Well already starting to snow in Bergen County NJ. This should pretty much blow out the today and tomorrow. Since I will probably be getting out of here early and not work tomorrow, I better stop at the market and get some food and beer to tide me over

55. Doppelganger
    55 | February 25, 2010 4:30 am

This almost makes me want to move to Oklahoma so I can vote for Senator Inhoffe.

but then again, it’s Oklahoma.

God Bless you Senator Inhoffe!!! You are truly a hero to this nation and to real scientists everywhere

56. Doppelganger
    56 | February 25, 2010 4:31 am

This is disturbing,
    384 Jimmah
    Thu, Feb 25, 2010 12:06:18am
    In NYC, ice and I got a cab – which was stopped by the fuzz before we got to our destination. Argument ensued between tiny napoleonesque Italian cop and Caribbean driver, with the meter still running, which iceweasel took serious umbrage at. I got to hear her in full flow, with the Noo Yawk accent to the fore. It just made me want to marry her even more

Man up Jimmuh!

57. Nevergiveup
    57 | February 25, 2010 4:31 am

Doppelganger wrote:

but then again, it’s Oklahoma.

Hey any place has got to better than NJ

58 | February 25, 2010 4:33 am

@ Doppelganger:

If Jesus Christ visited & said, “Listen kids, this AGW thing is a hoax”,
    the advoctes would attack him as a shill for coal & oil.

59. Doppelganger
    59 | February 25, 2010 4:34 am

Doppelganger wrote:

This is disturbing,
    384 Jimmah
    Thu, Feb 25, 2010 12:06:18am
    Man up Jimmuh!

How appropriate for Jimmuh do display what a pussy he is on a thread with so much talk about felines.

60. Nevergiveup
    60 | February 25, 2010 4:47 am

Loyalty!

61 | February 25, 2010 4:55 am

@ Doppelganger:

That’s basically what he is admitting to. Man up Jimmah.

62 | February 25, 2010 5:01 am

See ya later.

63. taxfreekiller
    63 | February 25, 2010 5:02 am

NYT’s does story at last on Gov. Patterson of NY.
    Must be Drudge or Rush or Big Goverment were about to scoop them.

The pro wommen Democrat party beats up another woman and attempt to put her under the rug.

She just said no.

We all need to say just NO in November.

IMHO

64. 64 | February 25, 2010 6:59 am

@ Phidippus:
    Actually, she was born with that problem and was told there isn’t a treatment once they have that. She is maybe 3 or 4 and is so healthy in all other ways.

Have an appt. today at 4.
    Thanks everyone for your input.

65. kansas
    65 | February 25, 2010 7:21 am

This is disturbing,
    384 Jimmah
    Thu, Feb 25, 2010 12:06:18am

Could that place get more ridiculous?