Did Glenn Beck call Geert Wilders a Fascist?

by Rodan ( 107 Comments › )
Filed under Dhimmitude, Europe, Political Correctness at March 9th, 2010 - 7:30 am

I saw this clip and initially didn’t get that impression. However after watching it, one can construe that he called Geert Wilders a Fascist. He needs to clear this up because Geert Wilders is no Fascist. He is a Conservative-Libertarian who wants to defend his nation from Islamic Colonization. His Freedom’s Party platform is Free Market and low taxes. This is not Fascist-Progressive economic policies. Also his anti-Imperialist agenda is not based on biology or race, but on Culture and preservation of Western Civilizayion. Geert is fighting Fascism.

Now the Right-Left definitions are different in Continental Europe than America. Many so called Rightwingers, would be considered Leftist on the American scale. Geert clearly is Rightwing in the American sense and would be more in the Libertarian camp.

Beck needs to clear this up quickly and there is an hour and half left in show at the time of this posting. Please call at 1-888-727-2325, to have him clear it up. This will not mean I will turn on Glenn Beck, but I would be disappointed on his analysis of what is going on in Europe.

Below is the clip, you be the judge.

(Update: The Video has been removed by Fox.)

Tags:

Comments

107 Responses to “Did Glenn Beck call Geert Wilders a Fascist?”

1. Nevergiveup
    1 | March 9, 2010 7:31 am

Are we eating our own again?

2. 2 | March 9, 2010 7:36 am

The video is already gone (removed by FOX).

3. 3 | March 9, 2010 7:36 am

@ Nevergiveup:

No, just want Beck to clear this up. I’m not Beck bashing at all. I clearly state I’m not turning on him.

I’m questioning not attacking him.

4. SciFiGuy
    4 | March 9, 2010 7:37 am

@ Nevergiveup:
    NAHHH! Just slapping them around a little till they get in line…

5. Nevergiveup
    5 | March 9, 2010 7:38 am

SciFiGuy wrote:

Just slapping them around a little till they get in line…

I got a name for ya: Lindsay Graham. Bring a bat

6. SciFiGuy
    6 | March 9, 2010 7:39 am

@ Nevergiveup:
    I’m more of a Clue X 4 type of person.

7. Nevergiveup
    7 | March 9, 2010 7:41 am

SciFiGuy wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:
    I’m more of a Clue X 4 type of person.

Good point. Bats can get expensive and even the aluminum ones are hard to clean.

8. 8 | March 9, 2010 7:43 am

@ SciFiGuy:

Ms Lindsay is in love with Obama. She has a crush on Mr. Hussein.

9. 9 | March 9, 2010 7:44 am

@ Nevergiveup:
    This is the bat you want.

10. 10 | March 9, 2010 7:46 am

Several comments at atlas wonder if Beck is being influenced now with the saudi holdings at fox. That is a reasonable question.

11. 11 | March 9, 2010 7:49 am

@ teacake:

He needs to address these concerns. He’s done great work and I’m giving him benefit of the doubt, but this is creating doubts in the minds of some. He needs to speak out on this ad clarify his position.

12. 12 | March 9, 2010 7:51 am

Beck has tied himself in knots in the past trying to keep from falling off the fence and landing squarly on either side. His continuing appeal to his employers depends on it.

Don’t be fooled, he is a tool too, and will only be allowed to agitate to a point.

13. 13 | March 9, 2010 7:51 am

@ teacake:

Agreed. People now fear that FOX has been bought off.

14. 14 | March 9, 2010 7:52 am

@ Scott Madsen:
    After exposing ACORn and Van Jones, Beck has become very safe and nothing of much interest.

15 | March 9, 2010 7:55 am

I cannot understand this Glenn Beck worship over here. The man is a show boat who actually cries on television. I think he is as unstable as one Charles Foster Johnson and the Beck-O’Reilly traveling comedy show (how many times is O’Reilly going to pimp “A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity”?) is getting tedious.

16. 16 | March 9, 2010 7:56 am

@ teacake:

He did a good job in explaining the French Revolution and the roots of Progressivism.

17. vapig
    17 | March 9, 2010 8:00 am

I saw the show in question – well, as much as you can when first getting home from work – and his focus was that Europe (as a whole) was heading down the same path they did in the 30’s and his fear was that we were heading in the same direction.

I have also heard him (in the past) defend Wilders. So I’m not sure what he’s trying to say here.

18 | March 9, 2010 8:00 am

@ teacake:

Just because the is right on a lot of things and does a good job a lot of the times does not mean that he is not a bit “unstable” and unpredictable. I see a potential Johnson in him. You should take him for what he is worth – he can be interesting and thought provoking but he should not be anyone’s guru or mentor.

19. citizen_q
    19 | March 9, 2010 8:00 am

teacake wrote:

I have that concern as well. I question some of their reporting regarding islamic terrorism. For example there were a series of terrorist bombings late last week. Sorry don’t remember if it was Iraq, Afganistan, Pak, there are some many of them. What was noteworthy was that a hospital was suicide bombed by an ambulance. Fox reported the bombing, but left out the ambulance, hospital details.

20. 20 | March 9, 2010 8:01 am

@ teacake:

I don’t have cable, only hear his radio show. But its possible he was warned by FOX to be more careful, or else?

21. 21 | March 9, 2010 8:02 am

@ Speranza:

That thought about the Jazz Guy crossed my mind. I hope it isn’t history repeating himself but you never know.

22. vapig
    22 | March 9, 2010 8:02 am

Speranza wrote:

He has his place. I only started watching him when CJ jumped the shark regarding him. I found I liked what he had to say. He also does his homework. Yeah – I felt he cried waaaaay too much, but since he’s gotten more mainstream I’ve noticed he doesn’t do it anymore.

23. 23 | March 9, 2010 8:03 am

Speranza wrote:

Agreed -and yes, he is prone to hysterics.

24. 24 | March 9, 2010 8:04 am

@ teacake:

That would be sad if he turned into the Jazz Guy.

25. 25 | March 9, 2010 8:04 am

I’d really like to see that it is no longer legal for the saudi’s to buy any stock or holdings in American media outlets.

26. vapig
    26 | March 9, 2010 8:05 am

Speranza wrote:

@ teacake:

I don’t think anyone here has any such perception of him.

27. vapig
    27 | March 9, 2010 8:06 am

teacake wrote:

@ teacake:

I doubt it – O’Reilly is a total asshole and controversial – I think they keep him around for the shock “factor!”

28. 28 | March 9, 2010 8:07 am

@ teacake:
    That would be sad if he turned into the Jazz Guy.

Well, if Hannity has a change-over, then for sure something is going on at FOX. I never see it, as I said, don’t have cable. But I do listen to Rush radio. I do believe Rush was spoken to a while back because he used to talk in support of Israel all the time – then one day, suddenly, not another word.

29. snork
    29 | March 9, 2010 8:07 am

Occam’s razor: He didn’t do his homework, and just started pontificating.

30. Fritz Katz
    30 | March 9, 2010 8:09 am

When I was at LGF-1.0, I got banned for defending Geert Wilders, and I’m damn proud of it!

This does seem eerily similar to the way Charles Johnson suddenly changed from a rational-intelligent human into a hideous-goon sometime in 2007-2008 timeframe.

Here’s my theory: someone placed a pod next to both Beck and Johnson while they were sleeping.

31. 31 | March 9, 2010 8:09 am

I am worried that he is becoming the Jazz Guy.

We’ll see what happens, but Geert Wilders is no fascist. I am concerned.

32. 32 | March 9, 2010 8:13 am

Glen is now giving michelle malkin a hard time on the radio. Can’t tell what the topic is.

33. 33 | March 9, 2010 8:15 am

Michelle doesn’t understand why Beck is arguing with her. Still, no name is mentioned…. just “a man”

34. 34 | March 9, 2010 8:17 am

oh rob emanual… very confused.

35. Macker
    35 | March 9, 2010 8:19 am

teacake wrote:

And that is the problem with Fox News.

36. Macker
    36 | March 9, 2010 8:20 am

vapig wrote:

Has anyone noticed that O’Reilly’s had Skeletor on a lot lately?

37. Nevergiveup
    37 | March 9, 2010 8:21 am

hey guys ( and gals ) have a drink or a valium, FOX News ain’t the problem. Keep your eye on the ball.

38. 38 | March 9, 2010 8:23 am

Macker wrote:

Skeletor

Whose Skeletor? Mrs. Schwartznager or John Kerry?

39. Nevergiveup
    39 | March 9, 2010 8:25 am

The Interior Ministry approved the building of 1,600 new housing units in East Jerusalem, a ministry statement said on Tuesday.

Meir Margalit, Meretz’s representative to the Jerusalem city council, claimed that the statement was meant to disrupt a visit by U.S. Vice President Joe Biden, saying that he had “no doubt that the timing isn’t coincidental,” calling the announcement Interior Minister “Eli Yishai’s answer to Netanyahu’s willingness to renew indirect peace talks with the Palestinians.

It’s called politics and it’s the second oldest profession

40. chickadee
    40 | March 9, 2010 8:29 am

I get an uneasy feeling when I see someone obviously flip flop on big issues.
    Recently Beck interviewed Geert Wilders. If he thought he was a fascist right winger it is odd how respectful he was to him.
    It is like Beck is now talking abt. 2 different people regarding his latest tirade.
    This not how you gain respect from an audience.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I8jw4v7TMk

41. snork
    41 | March 9, 2010 8:29 am

@ Nevergiveup:
    How about a drink and a Valium?

42 | March 9, 2010 8:30 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

I got a thread coming up about how the Obama administration still thinks that too many people are watching Fox News.

43. vagabond trader
    43 | March 9, 2010 8:31 am

My concern is with FOX as a whole. They rarely have much to say about jihadis anymore. Remember, ok it was Shep Smith,pretending he didn’t know the affiliation of the FT Hood jihadi doc? Stay alert.

44. vagabond trader
    44 | March 9, 2010 8:32 am

Alan Colmes, lol. :-)

45. 45 | March 9, 2010 8:32 am

I’ve been watching FOX really closely ever since the big Saudi investment and I have noticed some changes slowly coming into play, particularly regarding their coverage of issues dealing with Israel (I’m hyper-vigilant, what can I say?). And take today, for instance. I had to read about the slaughter of more than 500 sleeping christian villagers, mostly women and children, in Nigeria by their Muslim neighbours (major muslim-Christian conflict going on over there) in the U.K.’s Daily Mail –a couple years ago Fox would have been headlining this story and today there is not even a mention of it. I wrote about it because the MSM is, as usual, completely ignoring the story. But I used to count on FOX to be the exception to the MSM and bring attention these kinds of stories.

46. garycooper
    46 | March 9, 2010 8:35 am

Beck is also a global-warming believer.

While polls show more people drifting away from acceptance of “global warming,” the newest superstar among conservatives – Glenn Beck – is embracing it, according to an interview story in a leading national Sunday-newspaper magazine.

“You’d be an idiot not to notice the temperature change,” he says.

He also thinks it could be caused partly by man’s activity.

At home, he’s going green by using energy-saving products.

47. Crashnburn01
    47 | March 9, 2010 8:35 am

RoboMonkey wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:
    This is the bat you want.

Robo, like I told my daughter’s sorority, you should use aluminum to show you care.

Actually wood is great – less sting in the hands.

48. Nevergiveup
    48 | March 9, 2010 8:37 am

Crashnburn01 wrote:

RoboMonkey wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:
    This is the bat you want.

Actually wood is great – less sting in the hands.

They make aluminum sorority paddles now?

49. garycooper
    49 | March 9, 2010 8:38 am

snork wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:
    How about a drink and a Valium?

I would advise against mixing alcohol and valium, as that was the cause of the worst auto accident I ever barely-survived. Yes, I was driving, back in 1982, and I fell asleep at the wheel. Woke up just as I was flipping over, in the ditch.

50. chickadee
    50 | March 9, 2010 8:39 am

garycooper wrote:

Beck is also a global-warming believer.

“You’d be an idiot not to notice the temperature change,” he says.

He also thinks it could be caused partly by man’s activity.

At home, he’s going green by using energy-saving products.

I did hear him refute this on his radio show. He claims he does not believe in AGW.

51. 51 | March 9, 2010 8:39 am

vagabond trader wrote:

Alan Colmes, lol.

OH! okay, LOL

52. Crashnburn01
    52 | March 9, 2010 8:40 am

@ Nevergiveup:
    No – baseball bats – to fend off a-holes who overstay their welcome in the sorority house. They have a 29.5 oz little league aluminum bat that one sister swung at a drunk frat boy (swing and a miss) who didn’t take a hint to leave. He took the hint and left.

53. Nevergiveup
    53 | March 9, 2010 8:42 am

Crashnburn01 wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:

I know, I was just joking. Hey I have 2 daughters and I highly recommend they use a Yankee Bat day bat I gave them

54. Crashnburn01
    54 | March 9, 2010 8:45 am

@ Nevergiveup:
    Although aluminum paddles could open up an entirely new market in the Greek system, wouldn’t they?

55. chickadee
    55 | March 9, 2010 8:46 am

vagabond trader wrote:

This is stealth jihad. They come in and soften the cruel truth abt. islam and divert attention from the horror that is being perpetrated around the world by jihadis. It is more sinister than out right bloody warfare. That comes later when their demographics are right.

56. garycooper
    56 | March 9, 2010 8:48 am

@ chickadee:

Glad to hear it. The magazine print a retraction?

57. 57 | March 9, 2010 8:49 am

chickadee wrote:

This is stealth jihad.

Just the other day I was wondering when exactly it was the saudi’s installed and funded middle east studies on campuses.

58. vagabond trader
    58 | March 9, 2010 8:51 am

@ teacake:

First I ever heard anything in the media was after 9/11.Without a doubt it goes back much further.

59. vagabond trader
    59 | March 9, 2010 8:53 am

@ Yaeli:

Totaly concur. It makes me sick to think our only msm info outlet could become getting dhimmified.We’ll see.

60. chickadee
    60 | March 9, 2010 8:54 am

Zero is -19 again today at Rassmussen.

61. vagabond trader
    61 | March 9, 2010 8:55 am

@ chickadee:

:mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

62. chickadee
    62 | March 9, 2010 8:55 am

garycooper wrote:

@ chickadee:

Glad to hear it. The magazine print a retraction?

I don’t know. I heard him joking abt. the story with his cohorts and he refuted it.

63. vagabond trader
    63 | March 9, 2010 8:57 am

@ garycooper:

Yikes! I’ve taken care of a few survivors of such accidents. Not pleasant, glad you woke up. :D

64. chickadee
    64 | March 9, 2010 8:58 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ chickadee:

Such bad numbers are a joy to see.
    It lets me know this country is waking up and that is very encouraging.

65. m
    65 | March 9, 2010 9:01 am

@ vagabond trader:

Watching shep, I’ve had to stop myself from putting my foot through the tv too many times. I finally stopped watching him. I love my tv, lol.

66. kansas
    66 | March 9, 2010 9:02 am

chickadee wrote:

vagabond trader wrote:
    @ chickadee:

Such bad numbers are a joy to see.
    It lets me know this country is waking up and that is very encouraging.

Hell is freezing over. Bob Herbert has a reasonable editorial.

67. Fritz Katz
    67 | March 9, 2010 9:04 am

The Other McCain has much more on Glenn Beck and Fox News: WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT?! Fox News Smears Geert Wilders? (B.T.W., it’s a great blog, highly recommened. R.S. McCain is one of the people Chuckles smears constantly, so you know the Other McCain is must be telling the truth).

68. kansas
    68 | March 9, 2010 9:04 am

Macker wrote:

vapig wrote:
    Has anyone noticed that O’Reilly’s had Skeletor on a lot lately?

Yeah, and I thought Fox got rid of Marc Lamont Hill, but there he is on O’Reilly.

69. Guggi
    69 | March 9, 2010 9:09 am

Hi, teacake,

you were looking for help to counter a rant on fb. It doesn’t make any sense and is very time consuming to answer such a rant as a whole. Better you use another strategy and special tactics ;-) I’ll try to show you how to fight such nonsense:

a)Copy the text in a word-document (or whatever you use) and read it carefully.

b)Fragment the text in its sentences/passages and highlight keywords, key-terms and key-phrases.

c)Take these words/terms/phrases one by one and ask questions – but only question her once at a time for every one word/phrase/term or words/terms/phrases she connects together !!!

d)Drive her crazy with asking her questions over questions, make her busy and make HER prove the point ! It is HER rant and SHE has to prove the points.

e)Show your interest and stay always polite !

f)If she attacks you ad hominem or calls you names either ignore it or ask her parenthetically why she is doing it but never make it a main issue (e.g.: ask your prepared question and then ask her btw.: why are you attacking me ad hominem, I’m only asking questions about… YOU(R)…. ?)

g)Start your first question with phrases like: ‘interesting read, but…’ or ‘I read your text about…may I ask you some questions ?’ or ‘Thank you for sharing the text with us, but…’

Keywords/phrases you could/should use for your questions:

-Please, explain for me…
    -Please, define for me…
    -What do you mean…
    -How do you understand…. etc.
    -What I don’t understand is…

Don’t feed her with facts at first !! Never ! Even if you provide her with a fact, it should be formed as a question.

For example:

Patti O. Furniture
    Well, if we exchange “radical-Islamo-fascist-madmen” with “maniacal-European-madmen” we can very well understand why we’re are hated so passionately.

Questions you could ask:
    Please, can you define for me “radical-Islamo-fascist-madmen” and why do you put the term into quotes ?
    Are you really comparing the Europeans (e.g. Mayflower, French, Spaniards) who came here with “radical-Islamo-fascist-madmen”and why ?
    Why do they (the Europeans) hate us and not themselves for sending their people here ?
    Why are WE hated so passionately and NOT the Europeans who sent their people here ?
    Why are the Canadians not hated “passionately” who did quite the same as we ?
    Why are people from all over the world still eager to come here and live here in the USA ?

WE, America, came to this plot of land and “did not play by the rules” that were in place when we got here.

What do you mean with “WE, America” ? America is a continent and how can a continent come to “this plot of land” and why does a continent has a ‘personality’? Why do you summarize Canadians and US-Americans under “WE”, since the continent America includes the countries USA AND Canada ?
    What do you mean with “did not play by the rules” ? Which rules do you refer to ? Which rules were in place when we got here ?

We introduced policies that were not agreed upon by all parties and inflicted a brand of … See Moreterror over a peoples that we, inevitably, exterminated.

Which policies did we introduce ? Who are ‘all parties’ ? Can you please define for me “terror” ?

We wrote the laws of war, we’ve bullied and tortured for ages and I would LOVE for this country to make me proud and finally produce a government that is an example of what the “terrorists” are not.

When and how did “we write the laws of war” ? Please, can you define for me “torture” ? Who produces the government ? Why do you use quotes for the word “terrorists” in this case ? Do you believe that the people who attacked the WTC in 1993 and attacked and were behind 9/11, the people who bombed of the US-embassy in Kenya etc. were not terrorists ?

——

I think I’ve made my point and you understand how this works, do you ?
    If you run into a problem you can always come over here and ask for help but this time not with a whole rant but with a specific question. This makes it easier for use to help you.

If she answers you start again with her text from the answer with point a). Copy and paste the answer in a word-document, fragment the answer……

This can last for months (if not years) will keep her on her toes and you want have much work to do ;-) only asking her questions ! It becomes funny when she starts making mistakes e.g. using different definitions for “terror”. This is your magic moment ;-) when you ask her why she is using different definitions for one and the same word/term/phrase (that’s why you should save by copy & paste her definitions/explanations etc. for important words/terms/phrases like “terror/terrorist/terrorism” in a word-document. It’s not much effort but very helpful).

Enjoy your fight !!! ;-)

(If she refuses to answer your questions then she is the one who looks stupid and can’t defend her own rant ;-) and you should tell it her)

70. snork
    70 | March 9, 2010 9:10 am

chickadee wrote:

Zero is -19 again today at Rassmussen.

You’re just an Obama denier.

71. Fritz Katz
    71 | March 9, 2010 9:13 am

Speaking of Chuckles, guess what?

Shocka! Glenn Beck Says Geert Wilders is ‘Far Right’, and the Far Right is ‘Fascist’

The wingnut blogosphere is in full shrieking harpy mode over Glenn Beck’s statement about anti-Muslim Dutch MP Geert Wilders (who wants to ban the Koran and make Islam itself illegal).

This is one of those Bizarro days, because I actually find myself agreeing with Glenn Beck. Geert Wilders is a far right ideologue, and the European far right does often equal fascism. How the heck did Beck ever get this one right?

Of course, he also confuses Dominique de Villepin (a leftist) with Jean-Marie Le Pen (a far right Holocaust denier), so it could have been a shot in the dark.

The ‘shrieking harpy’ Chuckles is refering to is Pamela Geller. A wonderful Jewish woman, one of the ‘good guys’.

72. Fritz Katz
    72 | March 9, 2010 9:16 am

I’m questioning not attacking him.

“Question with boldness.”

73. taxfreekiller
    73 | March 9, 2010 9:18 am

One more time.

Day or two after Beck asked Debra Medina the 9/11 truther question.

Debra Medina was on the Ft. Worth Texas WBAP 820 moring talk show with Mark Davis, Mark ask Media questions on the 9/11 truther thing.

Beck recorded the interview, then on his show he spliced Ms Medians answers to his question out of order. Where she “did” laugh at the end of the 9/11 question, he played her second answer on air.

He is a fraud.

74 | March 9, 2010 9:21 am

Fritz Katz wrote:

He has nothing on his threads about Dan Watermelon Rather?

75. vapig
    75 | March 9, 2010 9:29 am

Macker wrote:

vapig wrote:
    Has anyone noticed that O’Reilly’s had Skeletor on a lot lately?

Yep – damn near everynight. He’s like another pet lib of Fox’s.

76. vapig
    76 | March 9, 2010 9:32 am

garycooper wrote:

Beck is also a global-warming believer.
    “You’d be an idiot not to notice the temperature change,” he says.
    He also thinks it could be caused partly by man’s activity.
    At home, he’s going green by using energy-saving products.

That’s a prog lie. He’s not a AGW-ist.

77. KGB
    77 | March 9, 2010 9:34 am

@ Speranza:

Rather’s watermelon comment was clearly dog whistle racism for leftists who believe minorities have to be coddled and taken care of (and even then they’re prone to failure).

78. 78 | March 9, 2010 9:35 am

If Glenn Beck forces me to choose between the two I will choose Geert Wilders, no contest.

79. vapig
    79 | March 9, 2010 9:36 am

m wrote:

@ vagabond trader:

I concur – I can’t stand the guy and am sorry to hear about Saudi money in Fox. Brit Hume, Major Garrett and Bret Baer are straight up news guys. They should dump Shep!

80. 80 | March 9, 2010 9:39 am

Fritz Katz wrote:

Speaking of Chuckles, guess what?
    The ’shrieking harpy’ Chuckles is refering to is Pamela Geller. A wonderful Jewish woman, one of the ‘good guys’.

Isn’t it amazing how this fatass refers to Pamela in that manner when he entertains the most vile nasty b**** I have ever had the chance to see in my entire life. I didn’t get to see the video of Beck but I will say this. If I have to choose between Beck and Geert. I will choose Geert. Beck did some very good things by rooting out the filth in President Wee’s cabinet. I can separate the message from the messenger.

81. vapig
    81 | March 9, 2010 9:46 am

OT: Just did my taxes and bleeping Turbo Tax is gonna make me mail them in! Silver lining is that even though I cashed in all my 401Ks last year I still get a refund!

82. vagabond trader
    82 | March 9, 2010 9:46 am

@ snork:

You’re just an Obama denier.

Like the sound of that and on my part would proudly agree.

83. Nevergiveup
    83 | March 9, 2010 9:47 am

Israel’s decision to approve new East Jerusalem houses effectively prevents any peace negotiations from taking place, the Palestinian Authority said on Tuesday, following an Interior Ministry statement released earlier authorizing 1,600 new housing units

Yeah and? Is that a threat or a promise?

84. Nevergiveup
    84 | March 9, 2010 9:47 am

vapig wrote:

How’d you manage that?

85. vagabond trader
    85 | March 9, 2010 9:48 am

@ vapig:

Good girl, that was smart.We got rid of all our high risk stuff a while back too.

86. vagabond trader
    86 | March 9, 2010 9:50 am

@ Speranza:

Can you believe the old fool made such an analogy and gets a pass? Man, dude should have an escort.

87. snork
    87 | March 9, 2010 9:58 am

Do You Miss Him Yet?

I know you’re not supposed to, but I just love to say I told you so.

What I told you back on Sept. 28, 2008, was that within a year of the day he left office George W. Bush would come to be regarded with affection and a little nostalgia. The responses (over 300 before the comments were closed) to that prediction were overwhelmingly negative; even the very few who agreed with me attributed what they took to be a sad fact to the stupidity of the American people. The other 290 or so said things like “No way”; “Are you kidding?”; ”Are you mad?”;“What a ridiculous and insulting premise!”; “I’ll miss him like a rash”; “This must be a satire”; “Bush is a sociopath”; “George Bush has destroyed this country”; “History won’t forgive him”; and (a popular favorite) “I hate the man.”

88. garycooper
    88 | March 9, 2010 9:58 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ garycooper:

Thanks! I was lucky. All I ended up with was a broken hand, a face that looked like the loser in a boxing-match, and a totalled Ford Maverick. The ditch kept me from going into a row of trees, which probably would have killed me.

89. vagabond trader
    89 | March 9, 2010 9:59 am

Pee U! Another sordid demonrat story. Do they have a factory or maybe a lab for producing these creeps?

90. m
    90 | March 9, 2010 10:06 am

@ snork:

Check out the up/down-dings on those comments. The little green sycophants would probably get a woody, lol!

91. garycooper
    91 | March 9, 2010 10:08 am

@ Grimcargo:

Yes, that’s hilarious. A blog that is mostly run by shrieking harpies, harridans and wild-eyed pseudoscientists running around screaming “The sky is falling, and BILLIONS will die, BILLIONS I tell you!” is calling anyone a shrieking harpy? LOL.

92. vapig
    92 | March 9, 2010 10:27 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

vapig wrote:
    How’d you manage that?

Dunno! I still got about half back even though I took no taxes out of the 401ks. The bank guy thought I was insane!

Obviously I am giving the gov’t too much money during the year! I gotta figure that one out! I would rather pay at tax time then get a refund. I don’t want them to have a dime extra of my money!

93. vapig
    93 | March 9, 2010 10:29 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ vapig:

Well – if you’ll recall, I was unemployed about six months last year and living off the things and you were one of the folks who talked me into getting the unemployment. LOL! I got exactly three checks before i was employed again (finally!).

94. Runner
    94 | March 9, 2010 10:30 am

taxfreekiller wrote:

One more time.

Day or two after Beck asked Debra Medina the 9/11 truther question.

He is a fraud.

I don’t follow. Are you suggesting that after Beck interviewed Medina he then a couple of days later recorded an interview she was doing in Texas and some questions were asked about the Beck interview? And then he replayed what he purported to be his original interview with her with new, spliced-in responses?

Either I’m not understanding you or something’s not right. I heard Beck interview her live, on the air, not a recorded interview and she indeed answered the way Beck is presenting it.

I don’t know anything about Medina, had never heard of her until she was on Beck. I did agree with her on a lot of issues but her response to Beck’s 911 question were what they were: a disaster.

Beck may be a fraud or only interested in himself but Medina said what she said. I heard it.

Unless you are suggesting that never was a live interview in the first place. Is that what you’re saying?

95. vapig
    95 | March 9, 2010 10:31 am

snork wrote:

Do You Miss Him Yet?
    I know you’re not supposed to, but I just love to say I told you so.

That couldn’t have been here – where’d you get that response. Or should I ask (“Bush is a sociopath” – only one place sez that!!!)?

96. Conservative Democrat
    96 | March 9, 2010 10:41 am

I watched the show, and in my humble opinion Beck did no such thing. What he did do was try to explain the similarities between Europe today and the Europe of the 1930’s.
    Beck has a great deal of respect for Gert, If you take the totally of the show I could see where one could THINK that he was saying Gert was on the “far right” and therefore a “Facist”. But, in my opinion, he made exceptions for Gert as well as Blair and another (can not remember who).

As far as AGW there is no more person who is ADAMANTLY opposed to AGW than Glenn Beck.

that said if there is that much confusion over the context of that show, by all means call his show and demand an explanation. I think you will find if enough call he will be happy to clarify his position.

97. 97 | March 9, 2010 10:54 am

@ Guggi:
    Wow! Thank you Guggi!!!!! I always wondered if there were techniques and had no way of finding them. That would have been of so much help with the nutty things my ex would come up with. lol

98. Guggi
    98 | March 9, 2010 11:10 am

you are welcome ;-)

99. calcajun
    99 | March 9, 2010 11:42 am

Guys, Beck is an entertainer. He has a show and puts on a program where he voices his opinions. It’s a televised radio show before a live audience. From what I have heard, he has had a bad week.

But, the fact is that I do not consider him a heavy-weight conservative pundit. He’s entertaining and draws good ratings. That does not mean he is to be taken too seriously. So, if he jumps to a conclusion, makes a misstatement, like mis-labeling (libeling) Wilders, it’s a sign of his lack of “gravitas”.

100. mtc
    100 | March 9, 2010 12:37 pm

@ vagabond trader:
    I’m surprised that Beck is embracing Rep. Massa. He’s a very liberal Democrat from upstate NY who doesn’t like Obama’s healthcare plan because it isn’t liberal enough. Also, his story sounds fishy.

101. orangecrush
    101 | March 9, 2010 12:43 pm

We should be careful in calling people fascists unless in jest or something like that. The only person that I am sure is a fascist is Charles Johnson. And he hides that persona behind his witchhunts.

102. 102 | March 9, 2010 12:46 pm

Beck lied about the difference between the 2 revolutions. His claim was that Americans were influenced by the Scottish Enlightenment. Bullsh*t, NOT one shred of evidence was ever offered on that thread to back up the spurious assertions, while many proofs were given to refute the argument.

103. orangecrush
    103 | March 9, 2010 12:51 pm

The trouble with rising into the upper atmosphere of entertainment is one loses touch with reality. One experiences a drug culture immune to the legal system. One experiences subordinates afraid to say no. One experience the major source of wisdom coming from Sean Peen, Ben Affleck, and Rosie Odoneell. See America: World Police?

Institutional committee group think also starts to take place. “You can’t say that or someone will get offended” In this committee it was decided that they could get away with saying this about Geert.

I was on a government committee run by a couple of gay guys who were vehemently anti church. And we had to make a decision about supporting churches in the area. They were so stalinish about their dislike, the church effort never saw the light of day.

104. orangecrush
    104 | March 9, 2010 12:57 pm

@ 94 Runner: What I would like to see in society is for people who interview people put up a web page that lets the interviewee asses the accuracy of the interview themselves.

I’ve probably been associated with 3 stories that got local and national news. In all cases from my point of view they were inaccurate. I sometimes forget to consider that when I read or watch news. What is true? What is false? What is slanted? When I start watching for those things I notice the same local reporter is always slanted. Always has an agenda that he is not revealing in the story.

105. Sylvester T Cat
    105 | March 9, 2010 1:06 pm

@ Guggi:
    A very useful guide, Guggi. I copied it into a text file for my future study, lol.

106. sk (skzion)
    106 | March 9, 2010 8:34 pm

A link to the Beck segment can be found here:

107. 107 | March 17, 2010 12:49 pm