Ex-NY Mayor Koch: Obama Anti-Israel ‘In Order to Please Muslims’

by Bob in Breckenridge ( 56 Comments › )
Filed under Anti-semitism, Barack Obama, Democratic Party, Israel, Judaism, Progressives at April 4th, 2010 - 6:09 am

Ex-NY Mayor Koch: Obama Anti-Israel ‘In Order to Please Muslims’

(IsraelNN.com) U.S. President Barack Obama is anti-Israel and “is willing to throw Israel under the bus in order to please Muslim nations,” former New York City Mayor Ed Koch charged.

Click here to read Ed Koch’s op-ed article, “The Trust is Gone.”

Koch, a Jewish Democrat, has been gradually “falling out of love” with President Obama, a term he used in a commentary he published last August. The recent snub by the president of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, highlighted by a meeting without a press conference or even an official photograph, broke the proverbial camel’s back for Koch.

After having opposed President Obama’s health care reform plan and expressing disappointment over his failure to convince Russia and China to back harsh sanctions against Iran, the former mayor recently wrote, “President Obama’s abysmal attitude toward the State of Israel and his humiliating treatment of Prime Minister Netanyahu is shocking.”

He then went one step further with unprecedented public criticism of President Obama by a leading Democrat, telling Fox News that the country’s leader is more interested in pacifying Muslim nations than helping Israel.

[...]

The senator reportedly told Koch he will openly side with Israel if President Obama does not back off.

Tags: , ,

Comments

56 Responses to “Ex-NY Mayor Koch: Obama Anti-Israel ‘In Order to Please Muslims’”

1. 1 | April 4, 2010 6:13 am

It’s a shame Ed Koch didn’t realize until just now that Barack Obama is no friend of israel. I do wonder if he opposes ObamaCare because either it supposedly doesn’t have any “public option” or it’s too costly.

2. 2 | April 4, 2010 6:23 am

Let it all hang out mayor Koch, tell like it is.

Threads popping up like crazy, I thought this was going to be a quiet weekend thread wise.

3 | April 4, 2010 6:24 am

Talked to a fellow yesterday who saw a honey wagon with the professionally printed sign “CAUTION! THIS VEHICLE FULL OF POLITICAL PROMISES”

4. 4 | April 4, 2010 6:25 am

When Israel was attacked in 1973 by Egypt and Syria, Kissinger did his best to put Israel at a disadvantage. Thanks to General Haig, and later President Nixon, Israel turned defeat into victory. But Kissinger was there to limit the victory. This was not good enough for the Saudis, who imposed an oil embargo on the West.

In The Vast Power of the Saudi Lobby, written in response to the publication of The Israel Lobby, John R. MacArthur notes:

As the historian J.B. Kelly recounts, the U.S. ambassador to Riyadh, James Akins, did his best to placate King Faisal by urging the Saudi’s American-owned oil concessionaire ARAMCO to, in Aken’s words, “hammer home” to the White House that the embargo wouldn’t be lifted unless “the political struggle [between Israel and the Arabs] is settled in [a] manner satisfactory to [the] Arabs.”

In 1975, Kissinger advised an Iraqi diplomat:

On the contrary, Israel does us more harm than good in the Arab world. … We can’t negotiate about the existence of Israel but we can reduce its size to historical proportions. … I think the Palestinian identity has to be recognized in some form. … No solution is possible without it.

Thereafter, the U.S. worked — surreptitiously at first, and then openly — to cultivate the Palestinian identity and entity. Presidents Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, and Bush 43 all did their part.

In the lead-up to the Iraq War in 2003, Thomas Friedman introduced the Saudi plan and advised that he got it from King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia. But I think that it was in fact drafted by the State Department, who for one reason or another did not want to take ownership of it. I set out my reasons in my blog post “Unifying Theory.” The plan called for:

5. 5 | April 4, 2010 6:25 am

I don’t know why anyone is surprised. Obama did everything but resurrect Julius Streicher and put him in as czar of US-Israeli relations to indicate how he felt. The only way this can be a surprise is if you weren’t paying attention to what the Teleprompter Jesus© actually said, but were blinded by the halo. I’m really surprised that a pol as seasoned as Koch fell for it. Guess he fiugured that in this one case Obama would really be different.

6 | April 4, 2010 6:28 am

They also think they can bridle the beast while riding for their own personal gain

7. 7 | April 4, 2010 6:31 am

@ waldensianspirit:

‘Cause that never comes back and bites you in the ass.

8. texasam7
    8 | April 4, 2010 6:33 am

A few days ago, History TV had a show about Kristallnacht. Up to that point the Jews who were victimized still thought the Nazi reign of terror would simply blow over. The more things change …

9. texasam7
    9 | April 4, 2010 6:34 am

@ waldensianspirit:
    So did the German industrialists of the 1930′s.

10. m
    10 | April 4, 2010 6:37 am

@ Beltfed:

Yeah, when I said hook it up, I thought the Prayer List would get more than 9 mins, lol. I’ll repost it later (leaving it where it is for now for people checking early).

But I can’t push out the next thread, it’s great!!

11. 11 | April 4, 2010 6:49 am

Perhaps Koch will leave the Dem party.

12 | April 4, 2010 6:51 am

Good morning, bloogies, and Happy Easter. I’ve always been baffled as to why the majority of the Jewish Vote In Presidential Elections goes to the dims, particularly when the dims are consistently anti-Israel, anti-semitic and pro-pali. I think there was a discussion of this several months back but I don’t recall the reasons.

13. 13 | April 4, 2010 7:06 am

@ huckfunn:
    I have a feeling its because Jewish people rather not deal with how much they are hated and if they join the enemy, they won’t be viewed as “those fucking Jews”

Also, Jews are raised to be doormats in a way. To be self-serving is frowned upon in such a way that you go against yourself where it matters.

14 | April 4, 2010 7:07 am

Koch thinks that Obama is trying to please Mulims?Why would he do that?
    Ok his father & stepfather were Muslim. Well yeah, he studied the Noble Koran in Indonesia, there’s that.
    Yeah & he traveled Muslim countries with his Muslim Columbia roommate.
    And then he said that he would stand with Mulims.
    Ok, he hung out with Farakhan & Wright is an ex member of the NOI.
    Hmmm, he did hang out in Chicago with Pali terrorist financiers.
    And his name is Barack Freeking Hussein.
    Well you know…………

15 | April 4, 2010 7:12 am

teacake wrote:

@ huckfunn:

I’m not disputing you as my exposure to Jewish culture is pretty limited. However your explanation runs counter to my perception of the Jews as a proud and fiercely independent, take no sh*t kind of people.

16. 16 | April 4, 2010 7:14 am

teacake wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Yeah, in way Jews have developed a form of collective “Stockholm Syndrome”.

17. m
    17 | April 4, 2010 7:14 am

Nothing to see here… move along now! Or it’s off to the camps with you!

18. 18 | April 4, 2010 7:17 am

huckfunn wrote:

take no sh*t kind of people

Over compensation with the lefties. A form of rebellion. But this is just a theory, not certain.

I once asked a rabbi something and his answer was basically, it doesn’t matter how unreasonable your parents are, you have to go along with it.

19 | April 4, 2010 7:17 am

@ MacDuff:
    Where are all of our Jewish brethren this morning? Sunrise service?

20 | April 4, 2010 7:18 am

m wrote:

Nothing to see here… move along now! Or it’s off to the camps with you!

Exactly, what is Koch talking about?

21 | April 4, 2010 7:21 am

This mornings Chicago Tribune, profiled four “ordinary ” people on ObamaCare. All four support it to varying degrees.
    Two letters to the editor in favor & none opposed.
    A majority of Americans oppose ObamaCare, but they just couldn’t
    find any?

22. 22 | April 4, 2010 7:21 am

From what I gather about the hardi nuteri (?)Jews in Israel who side with muslims that want Israel destroyed is that they believe that because Israel was founded by the UN that this goes against biblical prophesy. I think they expect another even such as what happened with Moses like G-d speaking from the mountain top and the sea parting. Otherwise, the messiah will not come since establishing Israel was man made.

23. 23 | April 4, 2010 7:24 am

@ huckfunn:
    There aren’t any sunrise services. Sunset, yes.

24. 24 | April 4, 2010 7:26 am

Exactly, what is Koch talking about?

Basically, he’s saying he got screwed and didn’t even get kissed. I was surprised that he opposed the Health Care plan. Koch, is generally a pretty shrewd guy; how he fell for Obama’s schtick is symptomatic of the Dems’ blind support of “The Party”.

25. vagabond trader
    25 | April 4, 2010 7:28 am

@ teacake:

Hi teacake. There is a wonderful series,available on You Tube called Israel Survives, Against All Odds. One of the “miracles” is the Yom Kippur War and the role played by Nixon. Sadly, the heroic Gen Haig was nor mentioned but well worth a look.

26 | April 4, 2010 7:29 am

teacake wrote:

Oy vey, but those are some strange and interesting theories. Seems to me one would have to do some serious intellectual contortions to arrive at either of those conclusions. And again, I’m not disputing you as my knowledge pool on the subject is pretty shallow.

27. 27 | April 4, 2010 7:29 am

Two letters to the editor in favor & none opposed.
    A majority of Americans oppose ObamaCare, but they just couldn’t
    find any?

It’s the “Newspaper Division” of “The Machine”. Politically, Chicago is like the old USSR, only with better pizza.

28. vagabond trader
    28 | April 4, 2010 7:30 am

@ huckfunn:

cough cough cough..

A better question is what the hey is wrong with our Jewish brethren who continue to insist this WH poseur is their friend.

29. My 2 Cents
    29 | April 4, 2010 7:32 am

Well, it’s good to see that it is possible for at least one liberal Jew to actually recognize that he was dead wrong about Obama. And that Obama, like nearly all other die-hard leftists, is very much on the side of the anti-Semites. Jeez. As if it wasn’t obvious from day one? Anyway, perhaps more will now follow Ed Koch’s example. Now that would be a real “change” we can “hope” for! And wouldn’t it be great if the American Jewish community actually stopped voting for the party that most supports their annihilation and instead, just for the heck of it, voted for the Republicans who have been much, much supportive of Israel? Sigh. It is probably too much to hope for. But one can always dream.

30. vagabond trader
    30 | April 4, 2010 7:32 am

@ huckfunn:

huckfunn,lets not confuse American Jews with Israelis. Two different critters in many ways.

31 | April 4, 2010 7:32 am

@ vagabond trader:
    I agree, but when you look at that chart (my #12 above) the vote is consistent regardless of the individual in the WH.

32 | April 4, 2010 7:35 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ huckfunn:

I don’t think I am confusing them. Many of the Israeli Jews are Americans.

33 | April 4, 2010 7:35 am

@ MacDuff:

Reminds me of this,
    “I saved you,” cried the woman
    “And you’ve bitten me, but why?
    You know your bite is poisonous and now I’m going to die”
    “Oh shut up, silly woman,” said the reptile with a grin
    “You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in
    “Take me in, tender woman
    Take me in, for heaven’s sake
    Take me in, tender woman,” sighed the snake

34 | April 4, 2010 7:37 am

@ MacDuff:

THe Peoples Republic, and Greek Town is great too.

35. Nevergiveup
    35 | April 4, 2010 7:43 am

Good morning all. Obama aside, if that is possible, it’s a glorious day. Opening Day, and I will not let that commie bastard Obama ruin my day. Oh an after noon I will start drinking also.

36. NoThreat2U
    36 | April 4, 2010 7:44 am

m, I love your avatar :) Happy Easter everyone.

37. Nevergiveup
    37 | April 4, 2010 7:44 am

And I forgot-Happy Easter to all you Christian Terrorist from this Jewish Terrorist.

38. NoThreat2U
    38 | April 4, 2010 7:48 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

Awww thank you so much :) lol Please accept my blessings on this day to you and your family :)

39. 39 | April 4, 2010 7:49 am

@ vagabond trader:
    Thanks VT, will check that out after I get back from doing laundry. :)

40 | April 4, 2010 7:49 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

Greetings Nevergiveup. We are all just happy wingnuts.
    What are we drinking this afternoon?

41. Nevergiveup
    42 | April 4, 2010 7:51 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

Greetings Nevergiveup. We are all just happy wingnuts.
    What are we drinking this afternoon?

well probably some scotch and beer. The baics

43 | April 4, 2010 7:52 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

Happy Easter back at ya, and I’m glad one of you Jooos finally woke up. As you can see in the previous posts, I am curious as to why the majority of the Jewish vote consitently goes to the dems. Your thoughts?

44 | April 4, 2010 7:54 am

@ Nevergiveup:
    well probably some scotch and beer. The baics

Works for me, I’ll bring the chips & Fritos.

44. Nevergiveup
    45 | April 4, 2010 8:00 am

huckfunn wrote:

Nevergiveup wrote:

It’s long and complicated, but I can sum it up by saying most of them are just freaken morons. Sorry but sometimes it just is not much more complicated than that. Morons.

46 | April 4, 2010 8:03 am

Anybody catch the halftime feature of the Butler-Michigan St. game?
    It was Clark Kellog & Obama playing basketball on one of the White House courts.
    They had ties & dress shoes on & instead ot H-O-R-S-E they played
    P-O-T-U-S.
    It is outrageous that he is constantly in our face & the networks comp him time whenever he wants it.

46. Nevergiveup
    47 | April 4, 2010 8:06 am

Anybody catch the halftime feature of the Butler-Michigan St. game?
    They had ties & dress shoes on & instead ot H-O-R-S-E they played
    P-O-T-U-S.

I went out for chinese food at half time

48 | April 4, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks for you input. What about Teacake’s theories (see above)? Is that part of it? Seems pretty pathetic if that’s truly a part of the calculus.

49 | April 4, 2010 8:08 am

@ Nevergiveup:
    I went out for chinese food at half time

That was a good move. I watched the first two minutes & went out on the deck for a drink & a cigar.
    They were just finishing when I came back in.

50 | April 4, 2010 8:52 am

People keep asking why Jews consistently vote overwhelmingly with the Democrats.

There are many reasons for this, which a number of people have answered a number of times. One more go-around, though:

1) Anti-Christianity. Yes, there are many philo-Semitic Christians in the US—more so than anywhere else—and conservative Christians are, currently, the best friends Jews in America, and Israel, have. But the story was somewhat different not so very long ago. Prior to WWII, there were many Christians, Catholic and Protestant both, who were vocally antisemitic. People of my parents’ generation were routinely beaten up as “Christ-killers” by the non-Jews in the next block; radio priest Father Coughlin was openly antisemitic; the Ku Klux Klan (today a joke, but a major political power in the period between the wars; it ran the state of Indiana and was strong in a number of others) openly spoke against Jews; etc., etc.

One may argue that the lynching of Leo Frank and the line by the Scottsboro Boys prosecutor “Let’s show ‘em that Jew money can’t buy Alabama justice” were isolated incidents. But they reverberated throughout the Jewish community.

Add to this the experience of the immigrant generation (my parents’ parents) that Christianity in Europe was the basis for discrimination and violence. Old thought habits and fears born of experience die hard, and are often passed on to the next generation. The immigrants brought a mistrust of Christianity with them that was acquired from experience, and it has survived even though circumstances have changed.

2. Identification of Republicans with antisemitism. The owning/ruling class was identified, correctly or not, with the Republicans during most of the 20th century. Private industry often discriminated against Jews in hiring, and certainly did not make any concessions to Jewish observance if one wished to remain observant. Exclusive clubs—golf and country clubs, etc.—which were known as old-boy networks where one could gain preferential business treatment, were generally restricted—i.e., closed to Jews. The Ivy League colleges—again, a bastion of what was perceived as old-money Republican privilege—had quota systems which restricted the number of Jews who could enter. The last of the Ivy League colleges to formally abandon such quotas was Columbia, which did so around 1960.

Also, the countryside was perceived as Republican territory—indeed, rural districts tended to vote Republican until recently. Hotels and motels in these areas often carried “restricted” signs (as did hotels in places like Palm Beach, which used to openly advertise that they “had no Hebrew patronage”).

3. Progressivism. Many of the Jews who emigrated to America did so because they were fleeing political persecution in their home countries. Many of them faced such persecution because they belonged to leftwing groups. They had joined such groups because, despite “emancipation” in Western Europe, open discrimination against Jews was commonplace, and in areas like Russia the leftist parties seemed to offer the only alternative to the restrictive policies of the Czars, and the pogroms organized by the rightwing Black Hundreds. The Jews of progressive bent naturally found a home in the Democratic party, with other progressives.

4. Employment by the government. With discrimination in private industry, many Jews in America found work by working for the government—as teachers, as social workers, as bureaucrats. The Manhattan Project was filled with Jews in part because Jews with science degrees could not get private-industry jobs. And, for that matter, many Jews in New York received their education in the public university system, which until the mid-Sixties admitted anyone and gave them a free education on the basis of merit. This created a sympathy for government programs.

There are other reasons, but these are some of the historical causes.

50. kansas
    51 | April 4, 2010 8:52 am

Didn’t Koch read anything about Obama before he was elected? Oh well, McCain didn’t either. Now look what they’ve gone and gotten us into.

51. Macker
    52 | April 4, 2010 8:54 am

Wait lemme guess…Президент Оба́ма won?

53 | April 4, 2010 9:46 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Buzz: Thanks for sharing that. What you say make sense. What doesn’t make sense to me is why don’t they get over it and realize that things have changed. The progs have turned the world upside down. Good has become bad and bad has become good. The Jews should vote their constituency and not what has gone before. The bigotry of the old South was orchestrated and kept alive by the dems for decades.

53. texasam7
    54 | April 4, 2010 10:10 am

@ My 2 Cents:
    My first reaction to Koch’s realization was: “No sh*t, Sherlock!!”

55 | April 4, 2010 1:50 pm

Why anyohe would think that Obama would be a friend to Israel is beyond me.

55. refugee000
    56 | April 4, 2010 7:31 pm

It’s surprising that he fell for Obama’s BS.
    I mean, it was so obvious…Rev Wright,Farrakhan, his muslim father and step father, Rashid khalidi, Samantha “the US should invade Israel and save the palestinians” Powers…

sheesh….