Happy Easter Sunday To All of You

by Bob in Breckenridge ( 67 Comments › )
Filed under Christianity, History, Religion at April 4th, 2010 - 4:25 am

It’s not about baskets filled with candy, fuzzy cute bunnies or colored eggs…It’s about the resurrection of Jesus.

Tags:

Comments

67 Responses to “Happy Easter Sunday To All of You”

1. 1 | April 4, 2010 4:27 am

Happy Easter.

2. mawskrat
    2 | April 4, 2010 4:31 am

HE IS RISEN!

3 | April 4, 2010 4:34 am

@ Beltfed:
    @ mawskrat:

Happy Easter

4. Bob in Breckenridge
    4 | April 4, 2010 4:42 am

Happy Easter to all of you and all of us at the Blogmocracy! We normally schedule all the threads in advance so we don’t overlap each other, but I didn’t see any pertaining to the holiest day for Christians, so I had to rectify the situation…

5. spinmore
    5 | April 4, 2010 4:44 am

. . . Morning All.

‘this little light of mine’ needs some attention.
    Good day to reflect.
    Hope everyone can spend time with loved ones today.

Happy Easter

6. 6 | April 4, 2010 4:45 am

Happy Easter, friends.

7. Bob in Breckenridge
    7 | April 4, 2010 4:45 am

mawskrat wrote:

HE IS RISEN!

Christ has died, Christ has risen, Christ will come again.

8. mawskrat
    8 | April 4, 2010 4:47 am

I know my redeemer lives!

9. Bob in Breckenridge
    9 | April 4, 2010 4:48 am

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:

mawskrat wrote:
    HE IS RISEN!
    Christ has died, Christ has risen, Christ will come again.

And hopefully ban liberals…It amazes me when I hear libs say that Jesus would have been a liberal.

10 | April 4, 2010 4:56 am

Bob in Breckenridge
    9 | April 4, 2010 4:48 am

Jesus has been misused & misquoted over the centuries, particularly by Liberals. They try to frame him as a Che Guevera character.
    Right behind Jeasus in misuse imo is Thomas Jefferson.

11 | April 4, 2010 4:59 am

Jesus believed in business you fulfill the deals you make and don’t look over at the other fellow’s deals

12. mawskrat
    12 | April 4, 2010 5:01 am

so if Stan wanted to create a religion that denies that Jesus
    payed
    the price for sin in full on the cross what would he come up with?

According to Islam, Jesus never died on the cross, nor ever wanted to die on the cross, nor ever was born to die on the cross. Muslims believe that Jesus was sentenced to death, and people thought that he got executed on the cross. The Holy Quran rejects this idea, and claims that it is a false one. Jesus never died on the cross, nor he ever died for anyone’s sins.

well Islam fits the bill perfectly

13. mawskrat
    13 | April 4, 2010 5:02 am

Christ hung out with folks like me!

14. vagabond trader
    14 | April 4, 2010 5:03 am

Love this oldie:

15 | April 4, 2010 5:06 am

@ mawskrat:

It really bugs me that Jesus is considered a Muslim Prophet in Islam.
    If Mohammad had dreamt up Islam in a Comparative Religion class , he would have gotten an F for plagiarizing Christianity & Judaism.

16. Bob in Breckenridge
    16 | April 4, 2010 5:12 am

@ vagabond trader:
    That sounds eerily like Edward G. Robinson as Dathan in the scene when he’s challenging Moses in “The Ten Commandments”.

17. vagabond trader
    17 | April 4, 2010 5:13 am

You don’t have to look any further than the liberation theology at Trinty United.Talk about restructuring a message to fit ones politics.

Happy Easter to all our Christian friends at Blogmocracy!

18. mfhorn
    18 | April 4, 2010 5:14 am

He is Risen!

Prayers that people will go to church today and accept His forgiveness.

19 | April 4, 2010 5:15 am

@ vagabond trader:
    “G-d bless America?” Yes! Yes! Yes!

20. vagabond trader
    20 | April 4, 2010 5:15 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

Those old Biblical epics were produced around the same time so they probably did copy each others style.Still love them.

21. Bob in Breckenridge
    21 | April 4, 2010 5:17 am

@ mawskrat:
    It really bugs me that Jesus is considered a Muslim Prophet in Islam.

Muslims really bug me.
    /But I digress…

22 | April 4, 2010 5:20 am

vagabond trader
    17 | April 4, 2010 5:13 am

Good morning Trader. Trinity is one reason that I have doubts about Obamas Christianity.
    The guy went to Columbia & Harvard! He has to know that Wrights Liberation Theology message is nowhere in the Bible or Christian tradition.
    When he said , “My Muslim faith…………”

23. Bob in Breckenridge
    23 | April 4, 2010 5:21 am

@ vagabond trader:
    I saw “The Ten Commandments” was on last night while channel surfing during the final four basketball tournament. It always used to be on Sunday nights.

24 | April 4, 2010 5:22 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    Muslims really bug me.
    /But I digress…

Agreed. It seems odd that the enlightened class insists on
    tolerance for intolerance.

25. vagabond trader
    25 | April 4, 2010 5:22 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

Surprised they are even showing the classics during Easter and Passover.We have them on DVD,its a tradition here. :D

26. Bob in Breckenridge
    26 | April 4, 2010 5:29 am

vagabond trader
    17 | April 4, 2010 5:13 am
    When he said , “My Muslim faith…………”

RIX- I mentioned in a thread a few days ago that the most reverend racist Wright Wrong has visited the Nobama’s in the White House 5 times since The Zero™ took office, after Nobama condemned Wright’s vitrolic racist and anti-American rants while The Zero™ and his wife attended his “church” and were married by the POS…

27. vagabond trader
    27 | April 4, 2010 5:32 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

The hideous old demon Louis Farrakhan has also been there.”Minister Farrakhan” as Hussein so respectfully refers to the creature.The WH is going to need an exorcism when they get the boot in 2012.

28. Bob in Breckenridge
    28 | April 4, 2010 5:35 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

Same here. I’ll have to take a vote to determine what we’ll watch after Easter dinner. I just they all want to watch what I’m watching, because that’s what they’ll watch. :)

29. BatGuano
    29 | April 4, 2010 5:36 am

Very happy Easter everyone!

30. Bob in Breckenridge
    30 | April 4, 2010 5:37 am

@ vagabond trader:
    Shit, you’re right! I forgot about Calypso Louie! H/T to Rush for the Calypso Louie nic…

31. vagabond trader
    31 | April 4, 2010 5:39 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

We’re ALL raaaaacists now! :mrgreen:

32 | April 4, 2010 5:40 am

Bob in Breckenridge
    26 | April 4, 2010 5:29 am

THe White House claims that it is ANOTHER Jerimiah Wright.
    Wink,. wink, nudge, nudge.

33. Bob in Breckenridge
    33 | April 4, 2010 5:41 am

BatGuano wrote:

Very happy Easter everyone!

And to you, also!

34. BatGuano
    34 | April 4, 2010 5:41 am

Say no more.. :)

35. Bob in Breckenridge
    35 | April 4, 2010 5:42 am

Bob in Breckenridge
    26 | April 4, 2010 5:29 am
    THe White House claims that it is ANOTHER Jerimiah Wright.
    Wink,. wink, nudge, nudge.

Yeah, right. (pun intended!)

36 | April 4, 2010 5:43 am

What’s been the abuse of Lincoln’s bedroom?

37 | April 4, 2010 5:43 am

See ya later

38. vagabond trader
    38 | April 4, 2010 5:43 am

lol,yeah,and there are so many of those pesty Louis Farrakhans running around the WH too. :-)

39. Bob in Breckenridge
    39 | April 4, 2010 5:44 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    We’re ALL raaaaacists now!

Not me! Well unless you mean NASCAR raaaaacists.

/I watch those all the time!

40. Bob in Breckenridge
    40 | April 4, 2010 5:46 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

What’s been the abuse of Lincoln’s bedroom?

I think that Bill Clinton let Monica stay there one night. What happened in there is up to your imagination. And spare us the details, please!

41 | April 4, 2010 5:46 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    Does the CIC know two of his fighter jets flew low over one of the NASCAR raaaaacists yesterday?

42. Bob in Breckenridge
    42 | April 4, 2010 5:51 am

@ waldensianspirit:

Those jets belong to us taxpayers, not that moron in the White House.

43. Bob in Breckenridge
    43 | April 4, 2010 5:52 am

@ waldensianspirit:
    I’m the same age as that dimwit, and I’ll guarantee you I’ve paid more in taxes than he has.

44 | April 4, 2010 5:53 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    lol! I’ll admit I was trolling a bit with that one.

45. 45 | April 4, 2010 5:55 am

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:

@ vagabond trader:

It is Edward G. Robinson. Worst casting ever.

46. goddessoftheclassroom
    46 | April 4, 2010 5:55 am

Happy Easter, y’all!

Last night we had an Easter Vigil service. We read Exodus 14-15, the delivery of the Jews from the Egyptians across the Red Sea and the chapter of Ezekiel about the “dry bones,” and then the Resurrection according to Matthew.

The dearest part of the Gospel in all four versions is that Mary Magdalene was the FIRST who saw the Risen Lord. She also watched with Mary as He died.

47 | April 4, 2010 5:57 am

I also believe the only people who owe the 14 trillion dollar debt are those assholes who voted yes to raise the debt ceiling each time it was raised.

48. Bob in Breckenridge
    48 | April 4, 2010 5:58 am

O/T, and this is thread-worthy…

Ex-NY Mayor Koch: Obama Anti-Israel ‘In Order to Please Muslims’
    Koch Calls Obama Anti-Israel

U.S. President Barack Obama is anti-Israel and “is willing to throw Israel under the bus in order to please Muslim nations,” former New York City Mayor Ed Koch charged.

Koch, a Jewish Democrat, has been gradually “falling out of love” with President Obama, a term he used in a commentary he published last August. The recent snub by the president of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, highlighted by a meeting without a press conference or even an official photograph, broke the proverbial camel’s back for Koch.

After having opposed President Obama’s health care reform plan and expressing disappointment over his failure to convince Russia and China to back harsh sanctions against Iran, the former mayor recently wrote, “President Obama’s abysmal attitude toward the State of Israel and his humiliating treatment of Prime Minister Netanyahu is shocking.”

He then went one step further with unprecedented public criticism of President Obama by a leading Democrat, telling Fox News that the country’s leader is more interested in pacifying Muslim nations than helping Israel.

“What they did is they wanted to make Israel into a pariah,” he said. “It’s outrageous in my judgment,” Koch commented.

“I have been a supporter of President Obama and went to Florida for him, urged Jews all over the country to vote for him, saying that he would be just as good as John McCain on the security of Israel. I don’t think it’s true anymore.”

He also publicly questioned New York Senator Chuck Schumer, a Jew, for not protesting President Obama’s treatment of Israel. “It’s their silence,” Koch told the New York Post’s Michael Goodwin. “I can’t figure out where they are.”

The senator reportedly told Koch he will openly side with Israel if President Obama does not back off.

49. 49 | April 4, 2010 5:58 am

A happy and blessed Easter to my fellow Blogmocrats! I’m watching The Ten Commandments right now.

50. BatGuano
    50 | April 4, 2010 5:59 am

Ishtar was a very bad movie.

51 | April 4, 2010 6:00 am

lol!

52. taxfreekiller
    52 | April 4, 2010 6:00 am

OT

The reason B. Obama will not meet with leaders from England, France, Canada, Israel, Germany, Austraila, ect., is that he knows they will find out is an empty suit, a know nothing, together with that it would become clear how full bore unAmerican and pure commie he is.

So, he is rude and mean to they too as to we the people.

Hide the decline.

53. 53 | April 4, 2010 6:01 am

MacDuff wrote:

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:

@ vagabond trader:

It is Edward G. Robinson. Worst casting ever.

Strongly disagree. Edward G. Robinson did a superb job as a sleazy, opportunistic weasel in that film.

54. 54 | April 4, 2010 6:04 am

Happy Easter to all; may He give us new hope and the strength to persevere in the face of our current crisis, and renew our American spirit and dream, to re-embrace our freinds and strike fear in the hearts of our enemies, in the manner which He intended.

55 | April 4, 2010 6:07 am

Bob in Breckenridge? What do you think of the 1987 movie, Ishtar?

56. BatGuano
    56 | April 4, 2010 6:09 am

@ MacDuff:
    That is why arose from the dead.That was his mission.

57. BatGuano
    57 | April 4, 2010 6:10 am

Ishtar was a very,very bad movie.

58. chickadee
    58 | April 4, 2010 6:11 am

Happy Easter folks.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

59. 59 | April 4, 2010 6:12 am

Morgan wrote:

Unlike Bogey and Cagney, Robinson was never able to break out of that 30′s gangster typecast. His voice had that ring and to me, he was a mob boss dressed in Egytian clothing; all he needed was the cigar.

60. m
    60 | April 4, 2010 6:20 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

It sure is thread worthy. Hook it up!

61. 61 | April 4, 2010 6:21 am

MacDuff wrote:

Unlike Bogey and Cagney, Robinson was never able to break out of that 30’s gangster typecast. His voice had that ring and to me, he was a mob boss dressed in Egytian clothing; all he needed was the cigar.

I will say this: I was introduced to Edward G. Robinson through The Ten Commandments, and I didn’t see any of the gangster films he’s known for until not too long ago. To me, his voice in Little Caesar doesn’t quite sound the same as in The Ten Commandments. I don’t know if he ever broke out of the gangster typecast, but as far as I’m concerned, I don’t see him as just a gangster.

62. BatGuano
    62 | April 4, 2010 6:21 am

@ MacDuff:
    Who can forget Robinson’s words in Little Caesar?, ” Is this the end of Rico”

63. BatGuano
    63 | April 4, 2010 6:23 am

m wrote:

It sure is thread worthy. Hook it up!

Oh, hell Yeah!

64. 64 | April 4, 2010 6:43 am

Morgan wrote:

Well, sometimes it’s all about perception. A lot of people who never say Brando’s ealier films will always think of him as Vito Corleone. Me? Robinson will forever be “Little Ceaser”.

As for Bogart and Cagney; even during their heyday, they played such a wide range of characters that their “gangster roles” were merely a part of their careers

65. vagabond trader
    65 | April 4, 2010 7:24 am

@ Morgan:

Diversity! :D

66. 66 | April 4, 2010 7:42 am

[...] Blogmocracy reminds us it isn’t about fuzzy bunnies and eggs [...]

67. 67 | April 4, 2010 8:01 am

MacDuff wrote:

Not sure about that. Most of Robinson’s roles in the 30′s and 40′s were as gangsters or criminals, which was, in one respect, a shame because he also gave good performances as non-gangsters, like in Five Star Final (1931) and The Stranger (1946). From the 50′s onward, though, it looks like he had a more rounded slate of acting roles.