Little Green Flying Fish

by Bunk X ( 185 Comments › )
Filed under Art, Humor, LGF, Open thread at April 27th, 2010 - 11:10 pm

Although I don’t condone graffiti, I like this, especially because it’s an awesome excuse for an Overnight Open Thread.

[.gif animation found here.]

Update: Just added a couple of items to The Blogmocracy Store for the workplace:  Coffee Mugs! Yay!

Tags: , ,

Comments

185 Responses to “Little Green Flying Fish”

1. snork
    1 | April 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Fuldkommen Gak!

…err…

Firsties!

2. Doppelganger
    2 | April 27, 2010 11:17 pm

unlike 1.0 this fish is actually going somewhere

3. BuddyG
    3 | April 27, 2010 11:19 pm

Shrink Footware

4. BuddyG
    4 | April 27, 2010 11:22 pm

Oh, and speaking of fish

5. 5 | April 27, 2010 11:26 pm

BuddyG wrote:

Shrink Footware

After all these years, how could we not have seen that one coming?

6. BuddyG

9 | April 27, 2010 11:56 pm

typicalwhitey wrote:

Evening all

Hi TW.

10. Bob in Breckenridge
    10 | April 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Thank you bunk! I’ve been waiting to post this all day (As you all know I never go off topic :) )
    Anyway some guy was giving Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith shit, while Keith was sitting in the penalty box, about how much money Keith makes. The video is 43 seconds, and the end is hilarious. This was during their playoff game a few days ago…

To quote Larry The Cable Guy: Now that’s funny!

11. Bob in Breckenridge
    11 | April 28, 2010 12:02 am

typicalwhitey wrote:

Evening all

Hi. Hey, do you live in Missouri?

12. 12 | April 28, 2010 12:05 am

Folks-- Just added Blogmocracy Coffee Mugs to The Blogmocracy Store and updated this post. As stated on this earlier post, all proceeds shall go to charity.

13. 13 | April 28, 2010 12:06 am

Yes I do.

14. 14 | April 28, 2010 12:08 am

@ Bunk X:
    what does fuldkommen mean?

15. Bob in Breckenridge
    15 | April 28, 2010 12:12 am

typicalwhitey wrote:

Yes I do.

I remember you from LGF. You go to Lake of the Ozarks also, Sunrise Beach, and you live up by KC, if I remember correctly.

16. 16 | April 28, 2010 12:12 am

typicalwhitey wrote:

@ Bunk X:
    what does fuldkommen mean?

If I had a dime for everytime I was axed that question. Here’s the linky to the linkys:

17. 17 | April 28, 2010 12:14 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    Yep that is me! Who were you on lgf?

18. Bordm
    18 | April 28, 2010 12:15 am

@ BuddyG:

I scored 30. Everyone else ignore this. :twisted:

It’s addictive.

19. Bob in Breckenridge
    19 | April 28, 2010 12:19 am

typicalwhitey wrote:

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    Yep that is me! Who were you on lgf?

I was Bob in Breckenridge at first, for about 12K comments. Then I was purged. Fortunately I had a sockpuppet, Ozark Mountain Daredevil, that I used after getting banned. I live in Springfield, MO during the summer.

20. 20 | April 28, 2010 12:22 am

GAH! that animated fish gif is more nauseating than Avatar in 3D.

21. 21 | April 28, 2010 12:27 am

Bordm wrote:

@ BuddyG:
    I scored 30. Everyone else ignore this.
    It’s addictive.

Stole the file so I can play it offline ;)

22. 22 | April 28, 2010 12:27 am

Small world.
    I managed to sign up there this morning but somehow they figured it out and booted me LOL

23. 23 | April 28, 2010 12:28 am

@ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    Hey furry I remember you! How are you?

24. 24 | April 28, 2010 12:29 am

I rememberize you!
    FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

GAH! that animated fish gif is more nauseating than Avatar in 3D.

Then don’t look and buy a mug. ;)

25. Canoe Convoy
    25 | April 28, 2010 12:31 am

@ snork:
    “I think that is complete kukkuk.” LOL

26. 26 | April 28, 2010 12:32 am

Bunk X wrote:

Then don’t look and buy a mug.

I was considering buying a mug, I collect mugs as a hobby, but since you told me not to. ;)

27. Canoe Convoy
    27 | April 28, 2010 12:32 am

Fuldkommen gak !

28. Canoe Convoy
    28 | April 28, 2010 12:32 am

This is a very useful phrase.

29. 29 | April 28, 2010 12:40 am

Canoe Convoy wrote:

Fuldkommen gak !

Now THIS is funny.
    [Be sure you have FireFox WOT installed before you click on links. At least one came up as dangerous.]

30. 30 | April 28, 2010 12:41 am

Hiya! Just got home from work. Earlier I was thinking that someone needs to ask obama this particular question and not accept some off the wall words that mean nothing.

Question is, if enforcing the law in Arizona is potentially racist and dangerous, why not make legal immigration easier? If that isn’t possible, why not just scrap that law all together and allow anyone and everyone in? Why should some immigrants go though legal means and other’s not?

Whaddaya think?

31. 31 | April 28, 2010 12:42 am

Just to say:

I really enjoyed Snork’s hockeystick thread and Bunk X’s hockeypuck analysis. This blog is very fortunate to have you both.

I am really incensed by the National Academy’s and Royal Society’s endorsement of AGW. These bodies are trotted out (by my Lud )as authorities that give the golden seal of approval on the science. Despite internal complaints, the powers-that-be continue to support AGW in the organization’s name.
    Ironically, the warmists throw out whole petitions by skeptics on the grounds that a few names are not scientists, not proper scientists, not qualified scientists, did not know their names were on it etc.

I think skeptics are entitled to throw out the National Academy and the Royal Society on the same grounds. I am surprised that skeptic members have not sued to prevent the committees from damaging the organizations’ reputations.

32. Bob in Breckenridge
    32 | April 28, 2010 12:47 am

Hey bunk, how about shirts with the “Bite Me” logo on the front, and “We Are All Fuldkommon Gak Now” on the back?

33. mjazz
    33 | April 28, 2010 12:48 am

@ Bunk X:I tried Google Translate again & it comes out to this:

I do not think, where an anti-find jihidistisk movement anymore. They all were kukkuk. I’ve seen, how I mænnesker thought was aktværdige and who I trust, has thrown himself into the arms of racists and Nazis. I have heard their explanation, Which I think is perfect quack.

34 | April 28, 2010 12:48 am

@ teacake:

Another question you could ask is how come the only people they want to let in en masse are those from Mexico and points south? What about people who’d like to sneak into America but have an ocean in the way or something?

Doesn’t seem fair to me. We clearly need an illegal immigration affirmative action program…

35. Bob in Breckenridge
    35 | April 28, 2010 12:48 am

teacake wrote:

Whaddaya think?

I think I need more beer. BRB. :)

36. 36 | April 28, 2010 12:50 am

That’s sort of what I am wondering? If people south of the border shouldn’t have to follow all the laws and rules, why should anyone? What gives with that?

37. 37 | April 28, 2010 12:51 am

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:

I think I need more beer.

Homer?

38. Bob in Breckenridge
    38 | April 28, 2010 12:53 am

teacake wrote:

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:
    I think I need more beer.
    Homer?

Homer, awayer, it doesn’t matter. Beer is beer.

39 | April 28, 2010 12:53 am

@ teacake:

If they do pass some sort of amnesty, I think people in Europe and Asia should sue. It’s clearly a violation of the equal protection clause.

The libs have already decided that our Constitution applies to everyone in the world anyway, so we might as well complete the job…

40. mjazz
    40 | April 28, 2010 12:54 am

@ BuddyG:

A smarter squirrel will discover after a while that it is better to bite through the string than simply pull on the peanut. This distinguishing tactic leads us to believe that the average squirrel performance in Texas is much higher than in Massachusetts.

Just for the hell of it I hung a peanut butter jar on a string off a tree slanted down so rainwater wouldn’t collect in it to see what they would do. One would take a flying leap to it until he discovered the biting through the string technique. Yeah I got a life.

41. 41 | April 28, 2010 12:57 am

Otherwise they are total hypocrites. And, what else is new? Either everyone follows the law, or scrap the law. Art Bell went though legal means to get is wife over here and the gov lost all of his paperwork! They collected all the fees nonetheless. He and his baby daughter can return, but not his wife! So, he’s staying put in the Philippines. An American! Following the laws and rules gets screwed. Hummmmm

42. mjazz
    42 | April 28, 2010 12:57 am

Over five thousand years ago, Moses said to the children of Israel, “pick up your shovel, mount your asses and camels, and I will lead you to the Promised Land”. Nearly 75 years ago, Roosevelt said, “Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses, and light up a Camel, this is the Promised Land”. Now Obama has stolen your shovel, taxed your asses, raised the price of Camels, and mortgaged the Promised Land.

43. 43 | April 28, 2010 12:59 am

@ Overlook:
    The only reason that the alarmists are fighting facts has to do with grant funds. Without a manufactured crisis in the public mind, there would be little or no funding for research on it. These people are protecting their own specious jobs for their own selfish interests at the expense of global prosperity.

Is there global warming? Without a doubt. Is there global cooling? Certainly. It happens every second, every minute, every hour every day, etc. Every day you’ve been alive, the temperatures have swung wildly, sometimes 40 degrees or more.

This is a politically invented crisis. If I had control of the media to create a panic over the chemicals that make up the color of purple, I’d also have superficial control over the government sponsored grant-funded captive student work force think tanks at universities all over the world to study it.

Purple would not be outlawed. It would be taxed for more studies.

44. 44 | April 28, 2010 1:00 am

@ mjazz:
    I think obama is satan.

45. 45 | April 28, 2010 1:02 am

oh well, nite!

46. pat
    46 | April 28, 2010 1:02 am

Bad news. (from the crazies who do real science). Ice extent normal in arctic. Shit. You could bike across it in a speedo it is so warm, but with the inexplicable ice. Hmmmm

47. mjazz
    47 | April 28, 2010 1:02 am

@ Bordm:
    Thisissand is addicting. Chunkles should send the kids over there for a time out every now and then.

48. 48 | April 28, 2010 1:04 am

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:

I can do that. Which particular shirt were you thinking of?
    I’m waiting to get $50 in proceeds to upgrade the store. That allows us to have multiple versions of the same shirt with different designs. I asked Cafepress if they would waive the fee for charity and they balked, but offered a three month free upgrade.

I’m on an austerity budget, otherwise I’d cough up the $50 myself.

49. snork
    49 | April 28, 2010 1:06 am

Bunk X wrote:

I also think there’s something to the celeb status that many of them get. They get to hang out with the cool kids, and that doesn’t normally happen.

50. 50 | April 28, 2010 1:06 am

@ mjazz:
    that just got a number laughs when i quoted it, with full attribution to you, of course, in Table9 chat. :-)

51. 51 | April 28, 2010 1:07 am

FUBO

52. snork
    52 | April 28, 2010 1:07 am

Bunk X wrote:

I’m waiting to get $50 in proceeds to upgrade the store.

That’s all that the LGF kukkukbook made in its first edition.

53. 53 | April 28, 2010 1:11 am

typicalwhitey wrote:

@ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    Hey furry I remember you! How are you?

Oh lawdy, and here I was trying to keep a low profile. ;)

54. Bob in Breckenridge
    54 | April 28, 2010 1:11 am

Actually, what they, including SCOTUS justices Breyer and Bader-Ginsburg, want is for U.S. judges to be able to cite foreign law as a reason for their decisions in cases involving American citizens.

55. 55 | April 28, 2010 1:12 am

@ Bunk X:
    100% of the proceeds of sales from The Blogmocracy Store shall go to charity, and I have a legit charity in mind that I’ll toss up later for a vote.

56. Bob in Breckenridge
    56 | April 28, 2010 1:17 am

Bunk X wrote:

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:

I can do that. Which particular shirt were you thinking of?

I’m on an austerity budget, otherwise I’d cough up the $50 myself.

Who produces these shirts? I’m only asking because I’m a distributor for a company that makes t-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, coffee cups, etc.

57. mjazz
    57 | April 28, 2010 1:17 am

@ Kirly:
    Well, I repeated it from some guy on topix.com, one of the Arizona threads. *)

58. 58 | April 28, 2010 1:18 am

snork wrote:

Yeah. Fuck Brooke Shields, Sting, Bono, Susan Sarandon, Robert Redford, etc., etc. They’re all ignorant spoiled starved-for-attention petulant brats.

59 | April 28, 2010 1:19 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

Mostly, they just want to pick and choose in order to get the result they want. They’ve decided that people who are not US citizens, who have never set foot in the US, are entitled to the same rights we are. And now they’re trying to claim that illegal aliens have 4th Amendment rights.

60. mjazz
    60 | April 28, 2010 1:21 am

A volcano in Guatemala erupted. I wonder if they’ll ground flights there now?

61. snork
    61 | April 28, 2010 1:23 am

Uh-oh.

Will someone please rein in our relentlessly hectoring President? Barrack Hussein Obama has taken his gift for inspirational oratory—one of the traits that got him elected—and turned it into something darker and more insidious.

Dogwhistle!!!!

62 | April 28, 2010 1:25 am

snork wrote:

Bunk X wrote:

That, and the control aspect. Global warming gives them a way to exert absolute control over everyone’s lives.

The fact that they really don’t care about it for its own sake is pretty obvious, by the way they react to any challenges to their theories. When you point out that their predictions of massive sea level increases were overblown by a factor of 100, you’d think their reaction would be something like, “Whew! Good thing we miscalculated that!”

Instead, they scream at you and throw things.

63. mjazz
    63 | April 28, 2010 1:25 am

It’s pretty messed up. How do you do a background check on them? They could be serial rapists, murderers, armed robbers, and we’re supposed to give them amnesty just because they came here illegally?

64. 64 | April 28, 2010 1:25 am

lobo91

We clearly need an illegal immigration affirmative action program…

Nope. Remember the late 70′s? Look what the VietNamese refugees have accomplished here, on their own. They were not brought here under slavery and came with few personal possessions or assets, yet in less than one generation they are productive citizens. [post coming up]

65 | April 28, 2010 1:26 am

mjazz wrote:

A volcano in Guatemala erupted. I wonder if they’ll ground flights there now?

They have airplanes in Guatemala?

66 | April 28, 2010 1:27 am

mjazz wrote:

Of course! Just don’t let in any of those damn educated Europeans or Asians. They’re nothing but trouble…

67. mjazz
    67 | April 28, 2010 1:29 am

You have to give them credit for clamping down on the Israeli nuclear scientists though./

68. 68 | April 28, 2010 1:30 am

@ teacake:
    Most folks who support him think he’s Santa.

69. mjazz
    69 | April 28, 2010 1:33 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ teacake:

Most folks who support him think he’s Santa.

No, Robbin Hood™.

70. Eliana
    70 | April 28, 2010 1:45 am

So “Fuldkommen gak” is a bad translation?

What were the original words?

71. Bob in Breckenridge
    71 | April 28, 2010 1:46 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

I assume you mean giving illegal enemy combatants Miranda rights?

72. Bob in Breckenridge
    72 | April 28, 2010 1:47 am

Eliana wrote:

So “Fuldkommen gak” is a bad translation?
    What were the original words?

Little Green Footballs blows.

73. 73 | April 28, 2010 1:47 am

Bob in Breckenridge

wrote:

Many thousands of people all over the world contribute to the manufacture of these products. I want to help the starving populace of third world countries to earn money by giving them a way to sell their products.

74 | April 28, 2010 1:48 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

I assume you mean giving illegal enemy combatants Miranda rights?

Yup.

75. BatGuano
    75 | April 28, 2010 1:50 am

@ Eliana:
    Kukkuk

76. BatGuano
    76 | April 28, 2010 1:52 am

I haven’t smoked for 10 days.

77. 77 | April 28, 2010 1:54 am

Eliana wrote:

So “Fuldkommen gak” is a bad translation?
    What were the original words?

78. 78 | April 28, 2010 1:56 am

Eliana wrote:

So “Fuldkommen gak” is a bad translation?
    What were the original words?

Gotta go hunt The Village for that. Start looking at the posts on 10 January 2010.

79. 79 | April 28, 2010 1:58 am

BatGuano wrote:

I haven’t smoked for 10 days.

Did you use, what is it, Chantrix, or some other method?

80. BatGuano
    81 | April 28, 2010 2:00 am

@ Bunk X:
    commit.

81. Eliana
    82 | April 28, 2010 2:03 am

@ mjazz:

Does it mean “full of crap”? :-)

83 | April 28, 2010 2:10 am

Eliana, I believe it is Danish. Fuldkommen translates as “completely” or “perfect” in most online Danish to English translators.

83. 84 | April 28, 2010 2:13 am

Eliana wrote:

So “Fuldkommen gak” is a bad translation?
    What were the original words?

22 Charles Sun, Jan 10, 2010 3:30:48pm replyquote

* 4
    * down
    * up

Øyvind Strømmen has written an interesting rebuttal of the claims going around right wing blogs supporting Hedegaard; here’s the Google translation to English from Norwegian: “No fascists to see” -- comment on a Danish blog war.

You’re on you own from here.

84. Eliana
    85 | April 28, 2010 2:17 am

@ The Osprey:

Ok, I guess I was wondering what he’d originally said in English at the end of this sentence: “I have heard their explanation, which I think is fuldkommen gak.”

85. Eliana
    86 | April 28, 2010 2:18 am

@ Bunk X:

Thanks!

86. Possum
    87 | April 28, 2010 2:23 am

Time for the night shift linguistic experts.

Derimod ser Copenhagen Suborbitals seriøse ud…:o) -- men de vil ikke tjene penge og snakker hele tiden om open source og kunst og inspiration så det er fuldkommen gak gak…

By contrast Copenhagen suborbital serious out …: o) -- but they will not make money and talk constantly about open source and art and inspiration so it’s perfect quack quack …

Now, remember in the good old days when a bogus doctor was called “A Quack” and “Quack Medicine”?

Well, fuldkommen gak means false, fake, bullshit and any other English translation you can think of.

88 | April 28, 2010 2:23 am

Eliana wrote:

@ The Osprey:

It’s probably an idiomatic expression which does not translate directly into english. Google translator translates it from danish as “perfect quack”…I’m guessing from context it is an expression meaning something is nonsense.

88. Bob in Breckenridge
    89 | April 28, 2010 2:26 am

The Osprey wrote:

Eliana wrote:
    @ The Osprey:

“perfect quack”= Daffy Duck Chuckles Johnson.

90 | April 28, 2010 2:28 am

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:

“perfect quack”= Daffy Duck Chuckles Johnson.

And of course, Ludwig Von Quackquack!

90. Eliana
    91 | April 28, 2010 2:29 am

You guys are hilarious!! :-)

91. Possum
    92 | April 28, 2010 2:31 am

Oh, and to add more,

If you trace where the article came from it was a Danish article, posted on a Norwegian site (they translated the danish to Norwegian and fuldkommen gak did not translate so a bit of Danish was stuck in a Norwegian text. Then that Norwegian text was translated into English, and of course “fuldkommen gak” did not translate from Norwegian (as it never got translated to Norwegian as it is slang)

SO!!!! “fuldkommen gak” which does mean something in Danish is passed through a Norwegian translator and ends up in the English text.

Phwehw!

92. Possum
    93 | April 28, 2010 2:32 am

@ The Osprey:

See my explanation, you are correct, but it went from Danish to English via Norway!

93. Eliana
    94 | April 28, 2010 2:34 am

@ Possum:

What a wonderful history for this great phrase!! :-)

Definitely worthy of coffee cups and t-shirts.

Imagine if a Danish-speaking person happens to see the t-shirt.

His facial expression would probably be priceless. :-)

94. tee
    95 | April 28, 2010 2:36 am

Flying fish! I know they are real, I have seen them. I thought they were more like a gray color. But, the green football shape, flying fish, I surely have that wrong.

95. pat
    96 | April 28, 2010 2:38 am

Creepiest story of the day.
    Welcome to the country formerly known as Great Britain.

96. 97 | April 28, 2010 2:41 am

@ Possum:
    And it’s a great social lubricant as well.

97. pat
    98 | April 28, 2010 2:45 am

Beslan. Bush’s Religion Of Peace. Spit. Bush was a fool that has allowed the Democrats and Liberals to get away from the true horror of Islam.

98. 99 | April 28, 2010 2:46 am

Eliana wrote:

@ Possum:
    What a wonderful history for this great phrase!!
    Definitely worthy of coffee cups and t-shirts.
    Imagine if a Danish-speaking person happens to see the t-shirt.
    His facial expression would probably be priceless.

Savage is putting together a 2.0 Dictionary.

I axed Coldwarrior if he thought that Fuldkommen Gak was too obscure for The Blogmocracy Store. His response was to leave it, and everyone here can catch up if they need to. :D

99. MrPaulRevere
    100 | April 28, 2010 2:46 am

I see the pony-tailed loser tried to make Michelle Malkin into someone that promotes smoking (or something?) today. What a douche. It must burn his ass that she is most likely a millionaire after selling Hot Air.

100. 101 | April 28, 2010 2:48 am

@ Possum:
    Great job expanding on the true meaning.

101. pat
    102 | April 28, 2010 2:51 am

@ MrPaulRevere:
    Actually syndication at her level is extraordinarily profitable without the Hot Air sale anyway. With MM’s speeches and books, she likely makes as much as Palin. And far more than many liberal icons who rely on bulk sales by leftwing groups tp bolster supposed sales. Like BHO.

102. 103 | April 28, 2010 2:52 am

@ pat:
    Bush’s? Seriously? Bin Ladin was cornered and Clinton let him go, or don’t you remember much about recent history?

103. MrPaulRevere
    104 | April 28, 2010 2:53 am

@ pat:
    Good for her, she’s a stellar talent who deserves every penny she gets.

104. Bob in Breckenridge
    105 | April 28, 2010 2:55 am

The Osprey wrote:

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:

“perfect quack”= Daffy Duck Chuckles Johnson.

And of course, Ludwig Von Quackquack!

Geez, I forgot about that moron…

105. 106 | April 28, 2010 2:58 am

@ MrPaulRevere:
    He’s looking for blog hits for linking to a blogwanker who posted a barely readable copy of a column Malkin wrote 16 years ago for an L.A. pulp. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Malkin column as posted was a forgery since there’s no links to any original source.

106. Bob in Breckenridge
    107 | April 28, 2010 3:03 am

pat wrote:

Creepiest story of the day.
    Welcome to the country formerly known as Great Britain.

Here’s the unreal part, pat- The attacker, who cannot be named, was convicted of false imprisonment, two counts of rape, causing grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm. He received an indeterminate prison sentence and was ordered the to serve at least ten years before being considered for release.
    He was also ordered to pay his victim £90,000 compensation, pay £25,000 costs and sign the sex offenders’ register for life.

WTF? Cannot be named? Then how the fuck are law-abiding people supposed to know that this worthless human debris is a sex offender? Britain is fucked if this is their idea of “justice”…

107. tee
    108 | April 28, 2010 3:04 am

I really love to explore the French battles in Indochine. They mostly made a mess of almost everything. But they also had warriors that tried their best to win a war that was almost unwinable. We had John Paul Vann who was killed in the aftermass of the NVA spring offensive of 1972. The French had this guy, so young, he tried his best.

108. 109 | April 28, 2010 3:05 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    He was probably a member of Parliament.

109. Bob in Breckenridge
    110 | April 28, 2010 3:07 am

MrPaulRevere wrote:

Actually, what burns the POS’s fat bicycle riding ass is the fact that we sit here day and night pointing out what a loser he is, and making fun of him and his dimwitted minions, and he can’t do a damn thing about it! :)

110. MrPaulRevere
    111 | April 28, 2010 3:09 am

@ Bunk X:
    WOW, you are right! I just clicked on that link pony tail provided and it gives new meaning to the phrase ‘thinly sourced’. Good catch.

111. Bob in Breckenridge
    112 | April 28, 2010 3:09 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    He was probably a member of Parliament.

If the POS lived here, the dimocrats would welcome him with open arms. He’s their kinda “guy”.

112. tee
    113 | April 28, 2010 3:10 am

Does anyone care about the French war in Indochine besides me?

113. MrPaulRevere
    114 | April 28, 2010 3:10 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    Oh man, you are so banned, go start your own blog! //

114. MrPaulRevere
    115 | April 28, 2010 3:15 am

@ tee:
    As an amateur student of history I find it interesting yes, but I can’t say it’s on my radar screen.

115. Guggi
    116 | April 28, 2010 3:16 am

@ Possum:

complete rubbish ?

116. MrPaulRevere
    117 | April 28, 2010 3:16 am

I read today that Rachel Maddow and Anderson Cooper are having a baby, but they can’t figure out who’s the father and who’s the mother.

117. Possum
    118 | April 28, 2010 3:17 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

Bob… take a step back and you will see that Britain’s “rape shield laws” are much better than the US ones.

The attacker, who cannot be named,

You get that bit?. He cannot be named because naming him would directly point to his victim, who rightly should not be named.

He will be on the sex offender registry as a rapist, and whatever else he did… but the DETAILS are not on the registry, so…. no inadvertantly naming his victim.

How many times on US TV have you seen “John Doe convicted of molesting and raping his children who cannot be named for legal reasons”

118. Possum
    119 | April 28, 2010 3:18 am

@ Guggi:

Fraudulent is a better term, knowingly untrue is another.

119. tee
    120 | April 28, 2010 3:20 am

@ MrPaulRevere:
    Have you ever heard of Roger Vandenberghe?

120. Bob in Breckenridge
    121 | April 28, 2010 3:20 am

MrPaulRevere wrote:

@ Bunk X:

Did anyone read the editorial Malkin wrote that the pony-tailed fatass linked to? Smoking was NEVER mentioned. The only thing she talked about was radical enviromentalists.

121. MrPaulRevere
    122 | April 28, 2010 3:22 am

@ tee:
    No, I can’t say I have but will Google it.

122. 123 | April 28, 2010 3:22 am

tee wrote:

Does anyone care about the French war in Indochine besides me?

There’s an important related anniversary coming up.

123. MrPaulRevere
    124 | April 28, 2010 3:26 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    The man is completely whacked out. Bonkers. He knows nothing whatsoever of journalism or of journalistic ethics. I was co-editor of my high school paper and could run rings around him. Whatever credibility he had is gone, never to return.

124. 125 | April 28, 2010 3:26 am

Bob in Breckenridge

wrote:

MrPaulRevere wrote:
    @ Bunk X:

I didn’t read through the foggy copy. You wanna post a rebuttal thread? What does Chuck call that… the outrageous outrage or something.

125. MrPaulRevere
    126 | April 28, 2010 3:27 am

@ tee:
    He was a very brave soldier, a true fighter for liberty. The story of his demise is very sad.

126. Bob in Breckenridge
    127 | April 28, 2010 3:29 am

Possum wrote:

The attacker, who cannot be named,

That’s bullshit, and specious. No one is talking about some perv raping or sexually abusing his kids. And even if your scenario did happen, it doesn’t hold water, at all. If I want to know if there are convicted sex offenders living in a neighborhood I’m considering moving into with my wife and kids, I can go to the highway patrol’s website, type in my zip code, and see if any live in the vicinity.
    As far as your “John Doe” crap, I’ve never heard of an adult convicted rapist referred to as John Doe. If the convicted criminal is an adult, his (or her) name is released.

127. MrPaulRevere
    128 | April 28, 2010 3:29 am

@ Bunk X:
    Go for it Bob, I haven’t the time during the week.

128. Bob in Breckenridge
    129 | April 28, 2010 3:32 am

Bunk X wrote:

Bob in Breckenridge
    wrote:
    MrPaulRevere wrote:
    @ Bunk X:

I didn’t read through the foggy copy. You wanna post a rebuttal thread?

Click on the link that the pony-tailed fat ass provided. When you can see the screenshot of the editorial, then hold down the control key and tap the “+” button on your keypad until the text is large enough so that you can read it. Smoking is never mentioned.

129. 130 | April 28, 2010 3:33 am

MrPaulRevere wrote:

@ Bunk X:
    Go for it Bob, I haven’t the time during the week.

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    You’ve been officially assigned an assignment to report on the outrageous outrage.

130. Possum
    131 | April 28, 2010 3:33 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

Before you start slinging “bullshit, and specious” I used the term “John Doe” as a generic name.

If the convicted criminal is an adult, his (or her) name is released

Yes, and if you thought to look up British law the court case is sealed.

Just think about it….

131. tee
    132 | April 28, 2010 3:33 am

@ MrPaulRevere:
    Yes, he felt he belonged in Vietnam. He fought the Nazi at the age of 15 and died in Vietnam at the age of 25. His mother was Jewish and his older brother also died in Vietnam before him.

132. 133 | April 28, 2010 3:35 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    Even if smoking were mentioned, would it matter? Tobacco smoking is still legal last time I checked.

133. Possum
    134 | April 28, 2010 3:36 am

You can see what they did but not who they did it to.

134. 135 | April 28, 2010 3:39 am

@ Possum:
    Possum, impediment or not, you otter find a service dog who can speak for you on the BlogmocRadio show. Someone to act as your voice.

135. Possum
    136 | April 28, 2010 3:44 am

Bunk X wrote:

@ Possum:

Nah! that would be dog abuse.

136. MrPaulRevere
    137 | April 28, 2010 3:48 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:
    One thing I find especially repellent about how CJ attacks people is that he says he hates Joe McCarthy and McCarthyism, but frequently employs McCarthy like tactics. For example, some guy on a board of an immigration group said something controversial, so the whole cause is tainted. Michelle Malkin spoke highly of an anti-enviro extremist group, so she is pro smoking. These are either the tactics of a)a moron or b)a slander artist or c) both. David Horowitz has said the left has no problem with the tactics of Joe McCarthy, as they use them on a daily basis. They merely hated his politics, which was a great analysis.

137. Possum
    138 | April 28, 2010 3:52 am

Anyway I have the bed thing to do. I hope Bob is searching through his local sex offender database and realizing the victims are to the most part anonymous.

Going back to the article in question, the bride rape. If they published the name of the man then by an extension they would have identified the woman. That is all I am saying.

Often in the news here you see “Fred Flintstone convicted of raping his wife and sexually abusing his two children who cannot be named for legal reasons” From that we all know bamBam and Pebbles were abused.

However, on the sex offender registry in Britain Fred Flintstone would be listed as a sex offender- sex with a minor. pepples and Bam Bam would not be mentioned.

138. Possum
    139 | April 28, 2010 3:54 am

Not run away, had to go…

139. tee
    140 | April 28, 2010 3:55 am

Good night everyone. I bought up Roger Vandenberghe because his story so touched me. I spent so many years in Vietnam. I lived, he didn’t. I think we both loved that country.

140. MrPaulRevere
    141 | April 28, 2010 3:55 am

@ MrPaulRevere:
    I vote for ‘c’ by the way. Later possum.

141. MrPaulRevere
    142 | April 28, 2010 3:58 am

@ tee:
    I would imagine that you have many stories to tell. I’d love to hear them. My cousin Ronnie was in the USMC and took a VC bullet in the leg in ’68, so I have a personal interest.

142. MrPaulRevere
    143 | April 28, 2010 4:02 am

MrPaulRevere wrote:

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

Keith Olberman likes to fashion himself as the modern day Edward R. Murrow, when in reality he is a pinko Joe McCarthy.

143. 144 | April 28, 2010 4:03 am

Folks, yawn attacks here. I gotta go. Later.

144. MrPaulRevere
    145 | April 28, 2010 4:06 am

Have a productive Wednesday all.

145. Guggi
    146 | April 28, 2010 4:47 am

Possum wrote:

@ Guggi:
    Fraudulent is a better term, knowingly untrue is another.

Oh, thank you ;-)

146. goddessoftheclassroom
    147 | April 28, 2010 6:09 am

Good morning, y’all!

148 | April 28, 2010 6:26 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:
    Good morning Goddess. Anybody else here?

149 | April 28, 2010 6:26 am

goddessoftheclassroom wrote:

Good morning, y’all!

mornin’ yinz…

149. 150 | April 28, 2010 6:26 am

goddessoftheclassroom wrote:

Good morning, y’all!

Good morning beautiful…

150. 151 | April 28, 2010 6:28 am

Good morning RIX, CW…

152 | April 28, 2010 6:32 am

Good morning Dorian & CW.

153 | April 28, 2010 6:33 am

passin through to check the overninght…all is well.

153. goddessoftheclassroom
    154 | April 28, 2010 6:37 am

{RIX}
    {coldwarrior}
    {doriangrey}

I’m so glad I’m not the only one here. Seriously, these little greetings start my day with a smile.

155 | April 28, 2010 6:39 am

goddessoftheclassroom wrote:

{RIX}
    {coldwarrior}
    {doriangrey}

one should be in a good mood in preparation for battle against the visigoths

156 | April 28, 2010 6:40 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

It is really weird when there is nobody else here.

156. 157 | April 28, 2010 6:41 am

Morning all. Finally caught up with my morning reads. Almost time to pack up and hit the trail though.

158 | April 28, 2010 6:45 am

There was just a film clip of Oprah interviewing Riele Hunter (John Edwards mistress)
    Oprah said that Ms Hunter wanted to tell “her truth”
    That always bemuses me. There are different perceptions , but there is only THE truth.

159 | April 28, 2010 6:45 am

Oprah said that Ms Hunter wanted to tell “her truth”

perception, meet reality.

160 | April 28, 2010 6:46 am

PaladinPhil wrote:

Wait, take this cup of coffee.

161 | April 28, 2010 6:47 am

gotta run, see yinz later, n’at

162 | April 28, 2010 6:52 am

mjazz wrote:

volcan

Here is a link:
    The video by people in the crater during the 2008 eruption is astonishing

163 | April 28, 2010 6:53 am

coldwarrior
    158 | April 28, 2010 06:45
    perception, meet reality

Some years back Oprah recommended a biography by some new author.
    Turned out that the whole thing was bogus & Oprah was duped.
    Her Initial reaction was “He told his truth”
    Later though she viciously attacked the guy.

163. goddessoftheclassroom
    164 | April 28, 2010 6:59 am

Got to run--my Visigoths await. Have a great day!

165 | April 28, 2010 7:02 am

I just took a look at the Swamp. Last night CJ posted a thread attacking Fox on science. He was mocking them for reporting a claim
    by Evangelical explorers that the found remnants of Noahs Ark 0on a Turkish mountain.
    Ok, that was posted right after one of his comic book threads!

165. 166 | April 28, 2010 7:06 am

Okay, time to jet, even though I contributed nothing at the moment. See you all in a little while.

166. mawskrat
    167 | April 28, 2010 7:25 am

the first shift has arrived…please clock in

167. citizen_q
    168 | April 28, 2010 7:28 am

mawskrat wrote:

the first shift has arrived…please clock in

At Ease! I will be in the AO all day!

168. mawskrat
    169 | April 28, 2010 7:31 am

@ citizen_q:
    you will be denounced by nancy for your avatar!

169. Canoe Convoy
    170 | April 28, 2010 7:46 am

@ mawskrat:
    I’m here (at least, for the moment).

170. 171 | April 28, 2010 7:47 am

Morning! Still don’t know what Fuldkommen Gak is.

172 | April 28, 2010 7:54 am

See ya later

172. 173 | April 28, 2010 8:05 am

And I am back. Much better morning walk today then yesterday. A touch warmer.

/then again, wearing a sweater today may have helped.

174 | April 28, 2010 8:18 am

Mornin’ all!

@ Urban Infidel:

Morning! Still don’t know what Fuldkommen Gak is.

I internetted it and wound up viewing images that upset my new wife, so I stopped.

True story!

174. citizen_q
    175 | April 28, 2010 8:18 am

mawskrat wrote:

@ citizen_q:
    you will be denounced by nancy for your avatar!

She’s lucky I did not use my offensive avatar!

Oh BTW, who is nancy?

175. 176 | April 28, 2010 8:25 am

waldensianspirit wrote:

The video by people in the crater during the 2008 eruption is astonishing

I imagine it is. Darwin award contestants?

176. citizen_q
    177 | April 28, 2010 8:34 am

Nominees at least.

177. taxfreekiller
    178 | April 28, 2010 8:37 am

Many of the red commie Democrat La Raza, Lulac, Alzatan now show the deep red commie roots and their true alegience to the home commie base.

They are out in the open, do not miss the point of the polls of the people of AZ. 70% support the new law. They have lived now without borders and the rule of law. They know. Follow.

First , commie Democrats
    Second, RINO enablers who lust for the wage slaves.

It is slavery, it is human trading, it is open market on ones of China, Vietnam, Cambodia, India, and south America.

IMHO

178. 179 | April 28, 2010 8:57 am

This is plain weird:

FBI agent short on details on militia inquiry
    ASSOCIATED PRESS

DETROIT -- An FBI agent who led the investigation of nine Michigan militia members charged with trying to launch war against the federal government couldn’t recall many details of the two-year probe yesterday during questioning by defense lawyers.

Even the judge who must decide whether to release the nine until trial was puzzled.

“I share the frustrations of the defense team … that she doesn’t know anything,” U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts said after agent Leslie Larsen confessed she hadn’t reviewed her notes recently and couldn’t remember specific details of the case.

Is she high? Would she really come to court and testify high? Surely not, but then what is the explanation for a sudden onset of “I don’t recall” syndrome? I know where my thoughts immediately go: she’s covering something up. If you read through it, it sounds like she isn’t sure these people have done anything wrong. isn’t that interesting. I mean, it isn’t like the FBI/Obama Administration would make something up just to make it look like “right-wing” militias were up to no good? That would be as bad as warning that returning vets might be dangerous…

179. Macker
    180 | April 28, 2010 9:00 am

@ taxfreekiller:

I plan on hunting Illegals and Communists on Saturday, since it’s May Day. With my camcorder of course.

180. 181 | April 28, 2010 9:04 am

mjazz wrote:

Oh… Wow!! This is priceless! I am stealing it, crediting you and making it into a stand-alone post on my own little blog.

181. 182 | April 28, 2010 9:12 am

Macker wrote:

@ taxfreekiller:

I’ll be blowing stuff up this Saturday. Legally :)
    Happy upcoming May Day commies! Commie bastards will be yelling “May Day! May Day!” yet, but I, for one, will not be bothered to save their worthless asses from themselves.

182. Guggi
    183 | April 28, 2010 9:19 am

Ok, that was posted right after one of his comic book threads!

Did he find it on Fox or at Al Gores website ?

183. 184 | April 28, 2010 9:23 am

@ PrincessNatasha:
    Old joke really. I have seen it a few times with different country leaders used in the last line. Still a goldie.

184. Macker