The Voice of the Resistance!

by Kafir ( 144 Comments › )
Filed under Blogmocracy, Media, Politics at June 10th, 2010 - 9:00 pm

Come on people, let’s hear ya! Rodan and Savage host the VOICE OF THE RESISTANCE tonight live from 9:00pm to 10:30pm eastern. Listen from the blogtalkradio show page and/or call in to let your opinions be known!

Enjoy the show ~!!

The Voice of the Resistance – on blogtalkradio

1 (347) 996-5447

Email the gmail for a toll free number!

blogmocracy @ gmail .com

Listen to internet radio with The Blogmocracy on Blog Talk Radio

Tags: , , ,

Comments

144 Responses to “The Voice of the Resistance!”

1. savages_girl
    1 | June 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Yes, I agree with Rodan. That’s exactly how I feel. So much is pissing me off right now!

2. m
    2 | June 10, 2010 9:04 pm

@ savages_girl:

Me too honey. Channel it, lol.

3. savages_girl
    3 | June 10, 2010 9:05 pm

GRRRRRR…(gnash of teeth)

4. 4 | June 10, 2010 9:07 pm

GRRRRRR…(gnash of teeth)

OW!

5. savages_girl
    5 | June 10, 2010 9:07 pm

M -- here he goes again… sister-in-law… Savage, you are suposed to be DIVORCED! Geez!

6. savages_girl
    6 | June 10, 2010 9:09 pm

OW!

Hi Bunk -- I’m in a pissed off mood…sometimes I shouldn’t read the news or discuss politics…

7. 7 | June 10, 2010 9:09 pm

my brothers wife….

8. 8 | June 10, 2010 9:14 pm

This thread is like listening to a TV……only half the message there….
    Do you play music? Can I send out a request to “0″(pronounced zero)?
    “Mistra Know-It-All!” by Stevie Wonder!

9. savages_girl
    9 | June 10, 2010 9:14 pm

@ savage:
    OK, you’ve redeemed yourself…

10. 10 | June 10, 2010 9:15 pm

11. savages_girl
    11 | June 10, 2010 9:15 pm

@ savages_girl:
    You talk to him so little I forget you have a brother…

12. m
    12 | June 10, 2010 9:16 pm

@ IslandLibertarian:

LOL! I can if you really wanna!

13. 13 | June 10, 2010 9:23 pm

@ savages_girl:

I’ve had a definite case of news fatigue since the despicable flotilla coverage. It’s coming back slowly, but I was so angry for a week that I couldn’t see straight.

14. savages_girl
    14 | June 10, 2010 9:25 pm

@ We Are Government:
    I’m glad it’s not just me…

15. 15 | June 10, 2010 9:29 pm

@ m:

Bump out with it……if you like…

16. 16 | June 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Stevie was seeing the future:

He’s a man
    With a plan
    Got a counterfeit dollar in his hand

Playin’ hard
    Talkin’ fast
    Makin’ sure that he won’t be the last

Makes a deal
    With a smile
    Knowin’ all the time that his lie’s a mile

Must be seen
    There’s no doubt
    He’s the coolest one with the biggest mouth
    He’s Misstra Know-It-All

If you tell him he’s livin’ fast
    He will say what do you know
    If you had my kind of cash
    You’d have more than one place to go oh

Oou…oou…oou oou…oou…

Any place
    He will play
    His only concern is how much you’ll pay

If he shakes
    On a bet
    He’s the kind of dude that won’t pay his debt
    He’s Misstra Know-It-All

When you say that he’s living wrong
    He’ll tell you he knows he’s livin’ right
    And you’d be a stronger man
    if you took Misstra Know-It- All’s advice oh oh

Oou…oou…oou oou…oou…

He’s a man
    With a plan
    Got a counterfeit dollar in his hand

Take my work
    Please beware
    Of a man that just don’t give a care no
    He’s Misstra Know-It-All (Look out he’s coming)

Dum bum bum ba bum bum,
    Dum bum bum ba bum bum
    Bum bum bum bum bum Say

Can this line
    Take his hand
    Take your hat off to the man who’s got the plan
    He’s Misstra Know-It-All

Every boy take your hand
    To the man that’s got the plan

Give a hand to the man
    Don’t you know darn well he’s got the super plan

Give a hand to the man
    You know damn well he’s got the super plan

If we had less of him
    Don’t you know we’d have a better land
    He’s Misstra Know-It-All

So give a hand to the man
    Although you’ve given out as much as you can

Check his sound out
    He’ll tell it all
    Hey
    You talk too much you worry me to death

17. savages_girl
    17 | June 10, 2010 9:37 pm

I remember where I was and what I was doing when the twin towers were hit. I remember seeing the 2nd plane. I was in shock… couldn’t believe what I was seeing…

18. 18 | June 10, 2010 9:38 pm

i was in a rage that day, still pissed!

19. savages_girl
    19 | June 10, 2010 9:40 pm

@ savage:
    I watched it on tv -- I was getting ready for work and one of my drivers called me to tell me to turn on the tv… I just stood here in my living room too stunned to move…

20. 20 | June 10, 2010 9:48 pm

@ savage:
    I watched it on tv – I was getting ready for work and one of my drivers called me to tell me to turn on the tv… I just stood here in my living room too stunned to move…

I usually get up, take a shower and leave for work. Missus X remarked that a plane had hit one of the towers, and I was thinking a Cessna just ate it.
    As I was pulling out of the driveway, my neighbor pulled up and told me the story… I smiled because I thought he was joking.
    My neighbor never looked at me the same way again.

21. savages_girl
    21 | June 10, 2010 9:51 pm

@ Bunk X:
    Well who would’ve believed it if you didn’t see it with your own eyes?!?

22. Runner
    22 | June 10, 2010 9:52 pm

@ savage:

I was living on the lower east side of Manhattan and saw it with my own eyes. Needless to say I was pretty pissed and ultimately my search for answers led me to LGF within a few weeks.

23. 23 | June 10, 2010 9:53 pm

@ Bunk X:
    Well who would’ve believed it if you didn’t see it with your own eyes?!?

We had a construction project bid date that morning, and people started calling up asking to postpone it. I still didn’t get it until a guy who rented space from us brought in a portable TV.

I was stunned.

24 | June 10, 2010 9:54 pm

savages_girl wrote:

I watched the second plane hit from my kitchen windows on the Brooklyn side; watched the towers crumble and Manhattan dissolve under a cloud of dust; watched memoranda fluttering down in my backyard and the street all day.

25. 25 | June 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Well, when that happened, I thought a friend who said it was going on was joking…! Until I contacted people from NY… I was in Key West, FL… Everything stopped.

26. savages_girl
    26 | June 10, 2010 9:55 pm

@ Runner:

I was living on the lower east side of Manhattan and saw it with my own eyes

WOW. I can’t even imagine what it would’ve been like to be there while it was happening. It must have been surreal.

27. savages_girl
    27 | June 10, 2010 9:56 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Wow. I am stunned how many of you witnessed it by living there.

28 | June 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Hey, that was funn! Hope I didn’t sound like a goon.

I just wanted to remind folks to support Sharron Angle in her campaign to kick Harry Reid out of the Senate. Reid has a war chest of $25 million and Sharron will need help. She’s asking for 1 million like-minded people to help her out with a donation of $25. Defeating Harry Reid is key to the success that conservatives will have in November. Here is Sharron Angle’s website.

I’m in!

29 | June 10, 2010 9:58 pm

@ Bunk X:
    Some time things are just too fantastic to believe the first time someone tells you about it.
    I had the same reaction the first time someone tried to tell me that someone had shot JFK.
    It was the same dreamlike unreal moment until the truth finally sunk into my thick skull.

30. savages_girl
    30 | June 10, 2010 9:58 pm

I guess we were all stunned by the 9/11 attacks, but being right there where it’s happening has got to leave a real impact on you.

Quite frankly, I’m still IRATE that we haven’t caught Osama Bin Laden and put a bullet in his head…

31. 31 | June 10, 2010 9:59 pm

The movie “Flight 93” should be aired on regular television without any commercial interruption every year.

The movie has no graphic violence, but it shows 90 minutes of true (and assumed) events in real time.

32 | June 10, 2010 9:59 pm

How did I do? I was getting worked up talking about that prick Olmert.

33. 33 | June 10, 2010 9:59 pm

Natasha is on!

34. song_and_dance_man
    34 | June 10, 2010 9:59 pm

I watched it on TV -- living in LA at the time -- and had the fortunate/unfortunate opportunity to travel there and saw the damage in 02. I went to Manhattan on a business trip and helped secure a huge account -yah, good news- and then after the meeting saw ground zero. We all wept.

35. savages_girl
    35 | June 10, 2010 10:00 pm

@ huckfunn:

Hey, that was funn! Hope I didn’t sound like a goon.

Au contraire, mon friere (can’t spell in French)!

It was great to hear your voice! :)

36. 36 | June 10, 2010 10:00 pm

@ savages_girl:

we needed to drop a few hydrogen bombs on Tora Bora.

37. 37 | June 10, 2010 10:00 pm

@ Speranza:

you were awesome

38. 38 | June 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ Bunk X:

The Challenger disaster was another one of those freeze frames.

39. Runner
    39 | June 10, 2010 10:01 pm

@ savages_girl:

It was surreal. It was also surreal seeing all of the people streaming up East Broadway towards Grand Street (where I lived) and ultimately crossing the Williamsburg Bridge. A sea of people in the streets, some sobbing, some just walking. In the following days it was still weird. No traffic below Houston except for emergency vehicles.

40. 40 | June 10, 2010 10:01 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Nice job.

41. savages_girl
    41 | June 10, 2010 10:02 pm

@ Bunk X:

How did I do? I was getting worked up talking about that prick Olmert.

You’re always great! I love to hear you talk because you really know your stuff. I wish I had a mind for remembering history and politics… I always find you very interesting to listen to… jmho…

42. savages_girl
    42 | June 10, 2010 10:03 pm

@ savage:

we needed to drop a few hydrogen bombs on Tora Bora.

Tora Bora??? (OK babe, help me out here…)

43. Runner
    43 | June 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Bunk X wrote:

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    @ Bunk X:

The Challenger disaster was another one of those freeze frames.

You’re right. I remember exactly where I was. I was working in a record store in Austin, TX and a fellow employee came in and told us about it. We didn’t have a TV at the store so I didn’t see the images until I got off work and went home. Another sad day, in a different, but no less poignant, way.

44 | June 10, 2010 10:03 pm

savages_girl wrote:

Wow. I am stunned how many of you witnessed it by living there.

I try not to think about it most of the time. The cloud over lower Manhattan, as the fires burned for months, and the glow at night; the subway and TV disruption; the armed guards on the bridges; the emptied firehouses and the memorial heaps of flowers and candles in front of them…the whole city, for a while, was completely different.

45 | June 10, 2010 10:04 pm

I think I was one of the last people in America to find out about 9/11.

I was working graveyard shift and going to grad school in the evening, so I slept during the day back then. I got up at about 2:30 in the afternoon (mountain time, so it was already 4:30 in NYC) and saw the message light on my phone flashing.

It was a message from my school, and all it said was, “Due to the events in New York and Washington, today’s classes have been cancelled.”

At that point, I had no earthly idea what was going on, since I was in Santa Fe. I couldn’t think of anything that could have happened in NYC that would affect us. Then I turned on the TV set.

They were in the middle of rerunning the morning’s coverage, so it still took about 20 minutes for me to be able to figure out what had happened.

46 | June 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Hydrogen bombs are all flash and noise.
    What’s was really needed was some good old fashion poison gas. :twisted:

47. 47 | June 10, 2010 10:05 pm

its the mountain range in Afghanistan where Bin Laden was hiding

48. savages_girl
    48 | June 10, 2010 10:06 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I can’t even imagine…

The video store near me went out of business and “Flight 93″ was on sale. I couldn’t bring myself to buy it because it was such a horrible, hopeless event… heroic for the people on board to do what they did… but I just can’t bear to watch it.

49. song_and_dance_man
    49 | June 10, 2010 10:08 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

I try not to think about it most of the time.

I watch a couple DVD’s, of that day, every once in a while to remind me of what we are really facing in an enemy that has no regard for anything but death to move their cult forward.

yeah they are hard to watch, but to buttress our resolve in fighting them I deem it essential.

50. savages_girl
    50 | June 10, 2010 10:09 pm

@ savage:

its the mountain range in Afghanistan where Bin Laden was hiding

I still think people know where that bastard is hiding and I can’t wait for the day that they flush him out and run his ass down.

51 | June 10, 2010 10:09 pm

@ savages_girl:

I’ve never been able to bring myself to watch “Flight 93.” I want to, but…can’t. Not yet, anyway.

You could smell the burning in the Ground Zero pit over the river on the Brooklyn side, by the way, for weeks and weeks.

52. Runner
    52 | June 10, 2010 10:09 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

savages_girl wrote:
    Wow. I am stunned how many of you witnessed it by living there.

Absolutely right Buzz. I was living below Houston on the Lower East Side and it was very quiet in the following days. No newspaper deliveries and the neighborhood grocery stores nearly ran out of things. The bodega across the street run by guys from Yemin closed shop for a couple of days. I think they were worried about some sort of retaliation or something.

I’ll never forget the nearby firehouse on Broome with all of the candles and flowers in front. And in the following days all of the missing person flyers posted everywhere. I felt very uncertain in those immediately following days. About what, I don’t know. Just uncertain.

53. 53 | June 10, 2010 10:09 pm

Speranza wrote:

How did I do? I was getting worked up talking about that prick Olmert.

Speranza, you’re great. You come on and everyone jumps for the volume control. =)

54. 54 | June 10, 2010 10:10 pm

He’s in Tehran

55. m
    55 | June 10, 2010 10:11 pm

@ Speranza:

FAN DAMN TASTIC! like always, lol

56. 56 | June 10, 2010 10:11 pm

@ savages_girl:
    That should be to Natasha, I think.

57 | June 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Runner wrote:

One of the guys who ran a store near me got taken away by the feds. The guy who ran the laundromat near my then-building, who had a picture of himself with Arafat, is gone, too.

There were, and are, a lot of jihadis in my neighborhood; one of the guys involved in WTC 1, who was related to the guy who murdered Kahane, lived there, as did some idiots who were planning a suicide bombing of one of the major subway stations.

58 | June 10, 2010 10:12 pm

m wrote:

@ Speranza:
    FAN DAMN TASTIC! like always, lol

gracias

59. savages_girl
    59 | June 10, 2010 10:13 pm

@ savage:

He’s in Tehran

If they know where he is, why can’t they find him?

60. snork
    60 | June 10, 2010 10:14 pm

@ savages_girl:
    Speaking of Flight 93, did you know that they named a high school in Federal Way after Todd Beamer?

61 | June 10, 2010 10:14 pm

@ Bunk X:
    Thanks for the good words! I wasn’t listening to the blogcast as I was in the middle of cooking spaghetti. Sorry about the OT rant, but I just had to get in a plug for Sharron Angle.

62. Runner
    62 | June 10, 2010 10:14 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Runner wrote:

Wow. In what part of Brooklyn were you living then, if you don’t mind me asking?

63. savages_girl
    63 | June 10, 2010 10:15 pm

@ snork:

I did not know that!

64 | June 10, 2010 10:16 pm

time for the chuck bashing roundup

65. savages_girl
    65 | June 10, 2010 10:16 pm

@ huckfunn:

I was in the middle of cooking spaghetti

You are going to share some ‘sghetti with me, right? :)

66 | June 10, 2010 10:16 pm

snork wrote:

@ savages_girl:

What ever happened about the moose limb crescent memorial thing that they were trying to build out there? Did that finally get shot down?

67. Runner
    67 | June 10, 2010 10:17 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

It was sort of weird to go in that Yemini bodega in the days after with the covers of all the tabloids showing Osama’s face and Bush’s quote “Dead or Alive” right next to the clerks who could nearly be his double, minus the beard!

68 | June 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Bunk X wrote:

thanks. I have to take notes before I call in because I tty to cover a lot of territory in a short time.

69 | June 10, 2010 10:17 pm

Runner wrote:

Brownstone Brooklyn is full of jihadis; Cobble Hill and the Atlantic Avenue corridor; Park Slope/Windsor Terrace (the delis there used to have Holy Land Foundation collecting boxes on the counter); and, of course, Bay Ridge.

I’m in the Slope area; we get a lot of headscarves, we have several madrassas, we get a few ninjas now and then.

70. 70 | June 10, 2010 10:17 pm

@ huckfunn:

I hit it. A little here a little there. A lot of candidates to help this time.

71. Runner
    71 | June 10, 2010 10:18 pm

@ Speranza:

Does it always turn into a 1.0 bash towards the end of the broadcast?

72. snowcrash
    72 | June 10, 2010 10:19 pm

@ Speranza:
    Maybe someone will mention the True/Slant article by CJ re Reuters and the spanking he got from a young liberal guy in the comments.

73 | June 10, 2010 10:19 pm

Gots to go, gang.

74. Runner
    74 | June 10, 2010 10:19 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I love Park Slope. Beautiful area. Too bad about the jihadis though.

75 | June 10, 2010 10:19 pm

savages_girl wrote:

You are going to share some ’sghetti with me, right?

Absolutely, M’Dear. Extra parmesan for you! :wink:

76 | June 10, 2010 10:19 pm

snowcrash wrote:

@ Speranza:

i will do that

77. snowcrash
    77 | June 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Thank you Speranza.

78. 78 | June 10, 2010 10:20 pm

who knows?

79 | June 10, 2010 10:20 pm

@ Scott Madsen:
    Great! Kickin’ Harryass is job #1. Salute!

80. 80 | June 10, 2010 10:21 pm

@ Runner:

yep!

81. m
    81 | June 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Island Libertarian, I tried! They don’t listen very well! hahaha!

82. savages_girl
    82 | June 10, 2010 10:22 pm

@ Runner:

Does it always turn into a 1.0 bash towards the end of the broadcast?

yeah, unfortunately… sometimes I’d like to just continue with the current discussion. Sometimes I’d rather discuss the topics of the day or topics of the week because there’s a lot to say in a short amount of time, it’s a shame to waste any time talking about Chucky…

83. 83 | June 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Hydrogen bombs are all flash and noise.
    What’s was really needed was some good old fashion poison gas.

84. Runner
    84 | June 10, 2010 10:22 pm

@ savage:

I love Speranza’s phrase “chuck bashing roundup”!

85. 85 | June 10, 2010 10:23 pm

Talking 9/11? I remember that day all to well, actually that week. I was on a long delayed vacation up at my dads place with his girlfriend. We were eating breakfast and listening to the radio and the news came on about a plane hitting the WTC tower. I finished breakfast and went to the living room and turned on the t.v. to a news channel, just in time to see the second plane hit. I spent the rest of the day curled up on the couch wrapped in a comforter. I was so cold physically for the rest of the day. I remember the panic, the misinformation that was spreading on the channels. And later on in the day when I went out side, the silence of the skies. It’s one of those weeks I will never forget. EVER!!!

86. savages_girl
    86 | June 10, 2010 10:23 pm

@ huckfunn:

Absolutely, M’Dear. Extra parmesan for you!

Yes please! Fresh-grated ( have some in the fridge and a handy-dandy Parmesan grater!)

87. Runner
    87 | June 10, 2010 10:24 pm

@ savages_girl:

Sometimes I feel the same way but I must admit to enjoying some CJ bashing from time to time and have even been guilty of it myself.

88. snowcrash
    88 | June 10, 2010 10:24 pm

That is a good point Natasha.

89. 89 | June 10, 2010 10:24 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I can’t even imagine…

The movie is excellent. Presents the facts as known, doesn’t point fingers, and is a tribute to the courageous. It’s a must see, but you need to prepare yourself.

90. NoThreat2U
    90 | June 10, 2010 10:25 pm

@ savages_girl:
    I bought it but can’t bring myself to watch it. Since I am in the path of the Somerset Flight 93 we closed the local schools that day. My daughter came running in the house crying “Theyre trying to kill us all!” It was awful. I remember seeing the second plane hit and I just lost it. It was devastating. I wanted revenge then and I still want revenge.

91. savages_girl
    91 | June 10, 2010 10:25 pm

@ Runner:
    Agreed. The key phrase is “from time to time”…

92 | June 10, 2010 10:26 pm

snowcrash wrote:

Thank you Speranza.

no problem. you should call in one day

93. Runner
    93 | June 10, 2010 10:26 pm

PaladinPhil wrote:

It’s funny, in NYC the skies were noisy for the fist time. We had military choppers and jets flying overhead for the next couple of days. In the first few hours after the towers collapsed and we heard the first fighter jet fly by we didn’t know if it was another attack or what. It was pretty scary.

94. snowcrash
    94 | June 10, 2010 10:26 pm

No Natasha, you must go to NY. Boston is nice but NY is energy!

95. 95 | June 10, 2010 10:27 pm

@ m:
    Oh, hey. Have you been checking out my photo blog this week? Lots of historical buildings and Canadian/Toronto history going on.

/sorry if it’s a little off topic folks.

96. savages_girl
    96 | June 10, 2010 10:27 pm

@ savages_girl:

I wanted revenge then and I still want revenge.

Me too. I won’t feel like we’ve done our job until Osama Bin Laden is dead and gone…

97 | June 10, 2010 10:27 pm

@ savage:
    He’s in Tehran
    If they know where he is, why can’t they find him?

Even if that’s true, it’s like saying someone’s in LA or Chicago.

Short of a full-scale invasion, it would be pretty hard to find one person in a city that size without a bit more information.

Look how long it took us to find Saddam, after we did invade there.

98. Runner
    98 | June 10, 2010 10:27 pm

@ Runner:
    Agreed. The key phrase is “from time to time”…

Too much of a good thing can be bad for anyone!

99. snowcrash
    99 | June 10, 2010 10:28 pm

I remember when Irish went to Zombies blog and lectured her on how to run the blog. LOL

100. 100 | June 10, 2010 10:28 pm

Runner wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Does it always turn into a 1.0 bash towards the end of the broadcast?

Yep. Last half hour. Gotta do it.

101. savages_girl
    101 | June 10, 2010 10:29 pm

(clap, clap, clap) yeah M!

102. Runner
    102 | June 10, 2010 10:29 pm

@ Bunk X:

Well, it cracks me up to hear it!

103 | June 10, 2010 10:30 pm

snowcrash wrote:

yes i saw that happen in real time

104 | June 10, 2010 10:30 pm

@ Bunk X:
    Some folks (Hi Savage) are too quick and want to bring out the nukes on the first go a round. I’m just pointing out that there are cheaper ways to get the job done. :wink:

105 | June 10, 2010 10:30 pm

One last 9/11 story, since I should be gone by now.

A couple days after the attack, my then-synagogue had a special “prayer evening” which I went to—and found a mess of people strumming guitars and singing, “Lo yisa goy el goy cherev” (“Nation shall not lift up sword against nation”) and various other peacenik ditties.

I found myself saying to my until-then fellow-congregants, “What about ‘zachor et Amalek?” (“Remember Amalek, and what he did to you?”)—and they all edged away as if I had said something obscene.

That was when I knew it was time to change congregations.

106. snowcrash
    106 | June 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Osprey went over the buzzer.

107. savages_girl
    107 | June 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Even if that’s true, it’s like saying someone’s in LA or Chicago.

Point well taken!

108 | June 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Runner wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Does it always turn into a 1.0 bash towards the end of the broadcast?

the last 10 -- 15 minutes

109. savages_girl
    109 | June 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Good show boys and girls!

110. savages_girl
    110 | June 10, 2010 10:32 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    sad…

Good night Buzz!

111. 111 | June 10, 2010 10:33 pm

snowcrash wrote:

She was a mess. I wish she’d kept her own blog up just to watch the other lizards pummel each other.

112. snowcrash
    112 | June 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Good show everyone clap clap clap.

113 | June 10, 2010 10:33 pm

I don’t know why a jihadi would want to hide in Tehran, anyway.

They don’t even have any good strip joints there…

114. snork
    114 | June 10, 2010 10:34 pm

Who’s that “SpaceChuckles” jerk?

115. snowcrash
    115 | June 10, 2010 10:35 pm

@ Bunk X:
    Don’t they realize they exist purely for our entertainment?lol

116. 116 | June 10, 2010 10:35 pm

snork wrote:

Who’s that “SpaceChuckles” jerk?

He never calls in, just snipes from the chat. Loser.

117. savages_girl
    117 | June 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Sometimes I think, “Geez, an hour-and-a-half -- what all is there to talk about?” but then before you know it, the show is over! It goes by quickly sometimes. Good night tonight. There’s so much going on in the news and in the world (most of which is making me irate), it was nice to hear some of it discussed. I’m glad I’m not the only one who is seeing red…

118. 118 | June 10, 2010 10:36 pm

911

I was in the basement of a customers 105 year old house that I was doing a blow out high end wing addition on. I was taking a break from demoing their kitchen by playing the intro riff to South Bound that he had just taught me the evening before on his 67 Sunburst Les Paul (nice guy I know). Wife called and told me to turn on the news, that a plane had just flown into the tower. I did, I looked and told her it wasn’t an accident because it looked like larger damage than a small plane. Second one went in later, I told her who it was who did it…OBL. I was already up on the ME, was a subscriber to Commentary, Middle East Report, and Foreign Affairs, and was a bit stricken but not suprised in the least.

119. snowcrash
    119 | June 10, 2010 10:36 pm

@ snork:
    I think he is a comic book hero or something.

120. savages_girl
    120 | June 10, 2010 10:36 pm

@ Bunk X:

He never calls in, just snipes from the chat. Loser.

Not all of us want to call in my dear…

121 | June 10, 2010 10:37 pm

@ PaladinPhil:
    @ Runner:
    That whole day was so incredibly awful. In hindsight, how many people remember some of the other terrible incidents that happened right after 911 and were simply buried in the 911 coverage?
    SOUTH PADRE ISLAND BRIDGE COLLAPSE on 9/12/01
    AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHT 587 on 11/12/01
    When those events happened, my first thought was, “Oh, no, here we go again”.

122. 122 | June 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Ahhh, but they have that temporary marriage shia law.

/legalized prostitution

123. Runner
    123 | June 10, 2010 10:38 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I’ve told this story before at 1.0 and it’s not exactly as important as yours but it’s similar in that two different messages reached two different people: Once in the muslim-owned bodega on the corner (not the previously mentioned Yemin-owned one) I was in line behind a black muslim cop who was lecturing the shopowner for selling alcohol. The last thing the cop said before he left was something like “the koran forbids alcohol” and after he was gone the owner says to me “the koran also says I have a right to make a living” with a grin on his face.

124. snowcrash
    124 | June 10, 2010 10:40 pm

@ PaladinPhil:
    Phil, your avatar is awesome. I saw those hat pix on your blog.

125. 125 | June 10, 2010 10:42 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Yeah I remember the AA plane crash. My first response was “accident”. People looked at me funny when I said that. My response was that it was too soon after take off to be anything but. Personal experience and knowledge. Most dangerous parts of a flight are the take off and landing.

126. 126 | June 10, 2010 10:43 pm

@ snowcrash:
    Yeah, I can be evil. :)

127. 127 | June 10, 2010 10:46 pm

@ huckfunn:

Yep, it’ll make a hell of a difference. Definately the gold ring.

Thanks for posting the link, I probably would have waited later to contribute. Probably be hitting it again late summer when the seige begins.

128. 128 | June 10, 2010 10:46 pm

PaladinPhil wrote:

Ahhh, but they have that temporary marriage shia law.
    /legalized prostitution

Prostitution should be legal.

We’ll discuss drugs tomorrow.

129 | June 10, 2010 10:47 pm

@ PaladinPhil:
    My reaction was a little different because I didn’t hear the part about the crash on take off. All I heard was air crash… 260 people dead in Queens, NY. I was in total war mode.

130. 130 | June 10, 2010 10:50 pm

@ huckfunn:
    I pay attention to locations of crashes. I am a partial aviation buff. So first I check is airport locales. But I am a little anal in that aspect.

131 | June 10, 2010 10:51 pm

@ Scott Madsen:
    I’m gonna keep up with Sharron Angle’s fund raising progress and occasionally pound the table for more. We gotta get this done.

132. 132 | June 10, 2010 10:53 pm

@ Bunk X:
    He never calls in, just snipes from the chat. Loser.
    Not all of us want to call in my dear…

Guess who SpaceChuckles is…

133. snowcrash
    133 | June 10, 2010 10:59 pm

@ Bunk X:
    wikipedia says it is a portmanteau (hahahaha) of Spacejesus and Charles Johnson. Wiki loves that word.

134. savages_girl
    134 | June 10, 2010 11:01 pm

@ Bunk X:

Guess who SpaceChuckles is…

WHO? I don’t think it’s Chucky…

135. snowcrash
    135 | June 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Is it Santa? lol

136. Bordm
    136 | June 10, 2010 11:09 pm

Some of the events burned into my memory:

The Cuban missile crisis: Base housing, Carswell AFB, Fort Worth, Texas. The sound trucks were driving around telling everyone, “get under your house, a bomb may drop.” The base houses had a hatch in the floor that led to the space between the floor and the ground.

JFK’s murder: We had just opened our books in class when the announcement came over the P.A. that he had been shot. We had just returned to school after seeing him in Fort Worth. He was traveling from a breakfast meeting to Carswell AFB to make the hop to Love Field. He stopped the motorcade and chatted for a couple of minutes when he saw the Monsignor standing along side the highway, with all of use Catholic school kids. I was standing next to Monsignor.

Charles Whitman: Sitting on the curb in front of the house listening to a transistor radio with a couple of friends. I grabbed my dad’s binoculars and we went to the top of the highest hill in the neighborhood, to see if we could see what was happening. We could see the UT Tower alright but not what was going on.

Challenger: On my way to a service call in Corpus Christi, Heard it on the radio, I had to pull over to the side of the road for a few minutes.

9/11: My now ex-girlfriend demanded I skip work that day because we had to ‘talk’, I went to work. The first plane had just hit as I walked into the office, someone in the office yelled to turn on the TV. Saw the second one hit on TV, shortly thereafter they sent us home because we were in a high rise in Houston and no one knew what was going on at the time. When I got home she assumed I came home so she could ‘talk’. I walked in, flipped on the TV and told her what had just happened. She said to turn off the TV because ‘our’ ‘talk’ was more important. Needless to say….. found out later she was using crack at the time… oh well.

137. 137 | June 10, 2010 11:12 pm

Runner wrote:

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Sounds to me like you oughtta collect your stories and submit them for a post here. Honest.

138. 138 | June 10, 2010 11:13 pm

139. 139 | June 10, 2010 11:14 pm

@ Bunk X:
    Guess who SpaceChuckles is…
    WHO? I don’t think it’s Chucky…

Warm.

140. snork
    140 | June 10, 2010 11:17 pm

Ahem?

141. savages_girl
    141 | June 10, 2010 11:18 pm

@ Bunk X:
    Not that crazy nut Spacejesus, is it???

142. 142 | June 10, 2010 11:29 pm

@ Bunk X:
    Not that crazy nut Spacejesus, is it???

Cold.
    Don’t worry. He’s cool. I’m off to the Mars-bashing thread.

143. texasam7
    143 | June 11, 2010 12:17 am

@ savages_girl:
    Me, neither. Same reasons as you gave.

144. 144 | June 11, 2010 8:02 am

Woke up today with a hangover of Biblical proportions… I do not know how many beers I drank, but I am trying to save the brewing business here in Indiana. But that is irrelevant. What is relevant is the audacity of dirt-scratchers trying to put up a house of their psychosis right on the spot where they destroyed two skyscrapers, the symbols of Western civilization and capitalism. Why the H-E-(double hockey sticks) hasn’t anyone just bought the land and said: “Screw you, and the minaret you rode in on!”