Olberman Pulls a Chuckie…

by coldwarrior ( 83 Comments › )
Filed under LGF, Media, Open thread, Politics at June 19th, 2010 - 1:30 pm

Keith Olberman, the washed up sports caster turned party-hack over at MSNBC that no one watches is pulling a Chuckie and ditching his allies and friends and trying to remake himself to get ratings, I guess he’s taking a page out of the washed up guitarist turned failed blogger page…

Its an open thread as well:

From the Politico:

Keith Olbermann announced Wednesday night that he will cease blogging on the liberal Daily Kos over a comment directed at the MSNBC host’s coverage.

Olbermann and some of his MSNBC colleagues surprised their left-leaning fans on Tuesday with eviscerating critiques of President Barack Obama’s Oval Office address on the oil spill spewing off the Gulf Coast.

One commenter on the Daily Kos, where Olbermann has maintained a diary over the years, speculated that the pattern of hosts generally sympathetic to the president bashing the administration was too consistent to be a coincidence.

“Can’t verify, of course,” the commenter began, “but a friend in the news biz tells me he got a damaging e-mail from one of his pals at NBC. Something to the effect that their anger was pre-planned because ‘beating up on the president has been good for ratings.’ I haven’t checked, but I’m hearing that Olbermann slammed the speech on Twitter before it even started.”

“For years, from the Katrina days onward, whenever I stuck my neck out, I usually visited here as the clichéd guy in the desert stopping by the oasis,” he wrote. “I never got universal support, and never expected it, nor wanted it (who wants an automatic ‘Yes’ machine?). But I used to read a lot about how people here would ‘always have my back,’ and trust me this was of palpable value as I fought opponents external and internal who try to knock me and Rachel off the air, all the time, in ways you can imagine and others you can’t.”

Olbermann went on to say that he understood if some of his viewers were frustrated to see him criticizing the president but that he would not stand for being accused of doing so just to boost ratings.

“To accuse me, after five years of risking what I have to present the truth as I see it, of staging something for effect, is deeply offensive to me and is an indication of what has happened here,” the liberal host wrote. “You want cheerleaders? Hire the Buffalo Jills. You want diaries with conspiracy theories, go nuts. If you want this site the way it was even a year ago, let me know and I’ll be back.”

So, is this Keith pulling a Chuckie and playing the “why the Left (in this case) left me” dance?
It is interesting to watch, the Left is eating their own while they are the height of Progressive Power, the control the House, Senate, and the Executive.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

83 Responses to “Olberman Pulls a Chuckie…”

1. 1 | June 19, 2010 1:44 pm

The Right is attacking Barry for making a mad rush to enact as much socialist/fascist policies as possible, and the the Left is being to attack him for not doing enough.

2. 2 | June 19, 2010 1:47 pm

FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

The Right is attacking Barry for making a mad rush to enact as much socialist/fascist policies as possible, and the the Left is being beginning to attack him for not doing enough.

*Sigh* Another attack of the Typo Elves.

3. Poteen
    3 | June 19, 2010 1:50 pm

First the BuddhaChuck and now the Dalai Keith, enlightened and elevated to higher states of being.///

4. Poteen
    4 | June 19, 2010 2:00 pm

@ FurryOldGuyJeans:

*Sigh* Another attack of the Typo Elves.

Not as terrible an attack as when the Beer Faeries make your drink disappear. ;)

5. 5 | June 19, 2010 2:02 pm

An Apology To Be Truly Sorry About

Rep. Joe Barton says what everyone knows is true and his own party threatens to kick him out of his committee seat. We expected cynical political opportunism from Democrats, but not from Republican leaders.

Where are we as a society when the truth is treated as a something that can’t be uttered in public?

Barton, the Texas Republican, apologized to BP CEO Tony Hayward, now relieved of his duties, during Thursday’s House Energy and Commerce Committee hearing for what he characterized as a “shakedown” by the White House in forcing the company to create a $20 billion victims’ compensation fund.

He also declared that he was “ashamed” of the White House’s tactics, and called it “a tragedy of the first proportion that a private corporation can be subjected to what I would characterize as a shakedown.”

“I do not want to live in a country where any time a citizen or a corporation does something that is legitimately wrong is subject to some sort of political pressure that is — again, in my words, amounts to a shakedown,” he said.

6. Poteen
    6 | June 19, 2010 2:02 pm

OK. New deodorant. Am I acceptable?

Anyone here?

7. 7 | June 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Obama’s Answer To Spill Comes Up Short

Barack Obama doesn’t do the mundane. He was sent to us to do larger things. You could see that plainly in his Oval Office address on the Gulf oil spill.

He could barely get himself through the pedestrian first half: a bit of BP-bashing, a bit of faux-Clintonian “I feel your pain,” a bit of recovery and economic mitigation accounting.

It wasn’t until the end of the speech — the let-no-crisis-go-to-waste part that tried to leverage the Gulf Coast devastation to advance his cap-and-trade climate-change agenda — that Obama warmed to his task.

Pedestrian is beneath Obama. Mr. Fix-It he is not. He is world-historical, the visionary, come to make the oceans recede and the planet heal.

How? By creating a glorious, new, clean green economy.

And how exactly to do that? From Washington, by presidential command and with tens of billions of dollars thrown around.

With the liberal (and professorial) conceit that scientific breakthroughs can be legislated into existence, Obama proposes to give us a new industrial economy.

8. 8 | June 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Sorry OT but I would really like someones take on this blog article that I caught as a redirect from Flopping Aces. It is terrifying if true, but not unexpected by this time.

9. Doppelganger
    9 | June 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Keith and Chuck,

Go ahead, have your rants. Nobody gives a shit what you think.

signed,
    the world wide web

10. 10 | June 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Olberdork isn’t going to be allowed into the right pundit cool table. We don’t forget when you bash us, Olberdork. We have Levin, Rush and the fabulous Dr. K and David Horowitz -- we don’t need you. And you’re a mental midget in comparison to these guys. Actually you’re a mental midget compared to my cats, but since they have claws, I don’t want to risk offending them.

Could it be you’re just a little worried that Comcast is going to come into MSNBC and clean house -- i.e., follow the Fox model and you’re trying to wean yourself away from the left.

11. Empire1
    11 | June 19, 2010 2:15 pm

@ Poteen:
    Yuoh, I’m around, in between laundry, dishes, and assorted other chores.

12 | June 19, 2010 2:18 pm

@ jlfintx:

it does not surprise me…this idea of him being the manchurian candidate is not new, nor would i outright dismiss it. too many coincidences and lucky breaks have befallen the mediocre one on his way to 1600

13 | June 19, 2010 2:19 pm

Poteen wrote:

so THAT’S how it happens!

14. Poteen
    14 | June 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Empire1 wrote:

@ Poteen:
    Yuoh, I’m around, in between laundry, dishes, and assorted other chores.

Being the Master of my own Destiny and in possession of enough clean underwear for another week I have rescheduled those tasks to another day.

15. 15 | June 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Poteen wrote:

OK. New deodorant. Am I acceptable?
    Anyone here?

Hmmm, why does it smell like I’m downwind from a French whorehouse?

(*ducks*)

16 | June 19, 2010 2:21 pm

FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

Hmmm, why does it smell like I’m downwind from a pre-EU regulated French whorehouse?

(*ducks*)

all fixed

17. Poteen
    17 | June 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Poteen wrote:
    Not as terrible an attack as when the Beer Faeries make your drink disappear.
    so THAT’S how it happens!

Dirty little bastards are quick too!

18. Macker
    18 | June 19, 2010 2:22 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Forget Mental Midget. He’s just a plain Midget.

19. Poteen
    19 | June 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Poteen wrote:
    OK. New deodorant. Am I acceptable?
    Anyone here?

Hmmm, why does it smell like I’m downwind from a French whorehouse?
    (*ducks*)

It worked, didn’t it? :)

20. 20 | June 19, 2010 2:22 pm

@ jlfintx:
    A lot of the same was said of Clinton during his Presidency, and still voters gave a pass and a second term to the serial liar and adulterer.

21. 21 | June 19, 2010 2:24 pm

I wrote what I meant, my words don’t need additions/amending.

22. snork
    22 | June 19, 2010 2:24 pm

Poteen wrote:

Not as terrible an attack as when the Beer Faeries make your drink disappear.

The beerglers?

23 | June 19, 2010 2:26 pm

FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

I wrote what I meant, my words don’t need additions/amending.

sorry, next time i’ll ask permission before i attempt to make a fuuny.

comment deleted.

24. 24 | June 19, 2010 2:28 pm

FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

I wrote what I meant, my words don’t need additions/amending.

sorry, next time i’ll ask permission before i attempt to make a fuuny.
    comment deleted.

It is just a particular pet peeve of mine, getting told I didn’t mean what I said. I don’t “fix” what people wrote, I just offer an alternative viewpoint of what was said.

25. 25 | June 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Poteen wrote:

Poteen wrote:

OK. New deodorant. Am I acceptable?
    Anyone here?

Hmmm, why does it smell like I’m downwind from a French whorehouse?
    (*ducks*)

It worked, didn’t it?

You were looking for such a revolting stench?!?

*GAG* ;)

26. 26 | June 19, 2010 2:32 pm

FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:
    I wrote what I meant, my words don’t need additions/amending.

sorry, next time i’ll ask permission before i attempt to make a fuuny.
    comment deleted.

And don’t delete comments, or we become just as bad as SChmuck and his butt minions.

27. Empire1
    27 | June 19, 2010 2:33 pm

@ Poteen:

Ah, but this is my “other day”! We had a few nice days — not too hot, and low humidity — so I did a few outdoor chores, then sat out on the deck under a nice big umbrella and undulged in some whittling. Today it’s back to 90+ heat and humidity, so I’m doing indoor stuff with the a/c running.

28 | June 19, 2010 2:33 pm

FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:
    I wrote what I meant, my words don’t need additions/amending.
    sorry, next time i’ll ask permission before i attempt to make a fuuny.
    comment deleted.

i was making fun of EU regulations, because i just read an article how the EU bureaucrats are messing with he perfume industry, which is primarily french. I was not changing any meaning of your words. the link didnt get into the quote.

be assured, it wont happen again.

29 | June 19, 2010 2:35 pm

FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:
    I wrote what I meant, my words don’t need additions/amending.
    sorry, next time i’ll ask permission before i attempt to make a fuuny.
    comment deleted.

and my peeve is getting compared to chuck when i try to make readers happy.

so we are on each others nerves now.

bbl.

30. 30 | June 19, 2010 2:37 pm

I know what you intended, and I did chuckle at it. I just take a dim view of editing people words to get at the “truth” of what was said. The Left does that all the time, and we on the Right are vastly better than that.

If I had been the one doing the reply to a comment I would have just added a something along the lines of “don’t you mean a pre-EU whorehouse?”

31. Poteen
    31 | June 19, 2010 2:44 pm

@ snork:

And they’re all French.

@ FurryOldGuyJeans:

Whatever else he did, good or bad, Bill Clinton had neither the intelligence nor the self control to keep his 50 some yr.old dick out of someone barely at the end of her teens.
    No character.

32. Poteen
    32 | June 19, 2010 2:49 pm

@ Empire1:

Ah!! Poor you.
    I on the other hand will now put fresh undies on my newly French perfumed ass and meet some friends at the local tap for beer and cigars.

33. ornery elephant
    33 | June 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Olbermann said:

See, that’s the problem, Keith -- the truth, AS YOU SEE IT, ain’t really the truth. It’s a Leftist opinion. See? It’s why you aren’t a journalist, punk.

34. 34 | June 19, 2010 2:51 pm

hi kids

35. Empire1
    35 | June 19, 2010 2:55 pm

@ savage:
    Heyla, Savage! How goes it?

36. 36 | June 19, 2010 2:59 pm

@ Empire1:

just sending out more and more resumes. that’s about it.

37. Empire1
    37 | June 19, 2010 3:10 pm

savage wrote:

@ Empire1:
    just sending out more and more resumes. that’s about it.

Sheesh … sorry to hear that. Not that it’d be any better if you were on this side of the country, I’m afraid.

38. 38 | June 19, 2010 3:12 pm

“The Emperor has no clothes!”
    We’ve been saying this for 18 months.
    We knew Obama was an empty suit. A grifter. A Chicago thug.

You can’t continue to support that even if you’re Olberman.

Now, I have dry wood termites to deal with. They’re almost as bad as the IRS.

39. 39 | June 19, 2010 3:12 pm

@ Empire1:

are you on the east coast?

40. 40 | June 19, 2010 3:14 pm

An Apology To Be Truly Sorry About

Barton said the truth.Pure and simple.

41. snork
    41 | June 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Chuck’s flinging boogers at Pam again. This time, the group of Nazis under her bed is the French Bloc Identitaire.

42. snork
    42 | June 19, 2010 3:20 pm

It appears that Bloc Identitaire is guilty of distributing pork soup. Off with their heads!

43. Empire1
    43 | June 19, 2010 3:23 pm

savage wrote:

@ Empire1:
    are you on the east coast?

Yes, I’m in lower Delaware — a few miles outside Harrington, if you’ve ever been up US 13, or across State 14.

44. 44 | June 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Hey IronFist I saw your post that you are reading on the civil war. Here is something you might want to look into. Someone needed to say it:

AMERICA’S CIVIL WAR LIE by Steve Preston

45. rain of lead
    45 | June 19, 2010 3:26 pm

file this under “what the hell is she doing?”

Pelosi Throws Down — Won’t Consider Senate Doc Fix

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi struck a combative tone tonight, rejecting the Medicare “doc fix” passed hastily through the Senate Friday until Senate Republicans allow a vote on jobs measures that have passed through the House.

“I see no reason to pass this inadequate bill until we see jobs legislation coming out of the Senate,” said Pelosi in a statement. “House Democrats are saying to Republicans in the Senate: Show us the jobs! (exclamation mark hers)”

Her statement, along with Senate Republicans’ unwillingness to pass any legislation that adds to the debt, means that Medicare doctors can expect a 21 percent pay cut when claims that have been held for two weeks start to be processed by Medicare’s government administrator on Monday. Senate Democrats could not muster 60 votes twice this week when they considered bills more to Pelosi’s liking. They passed the last-minute doc fix bill to avert the 21 percent pay cut to Medicare doctors on Friday afternoon, even as the pay cut was scheduled to take effect.

I know the bitch is stupid,but shit….is she insane as well?

this from Ed at hot air

In other words, Pelosi has handed the Senate Republicans the key to a filibuster not just in the Senate but also in the House, all to demand a massive expansion of the deficit on two separate fronts. The GOP couldn’t have possibly asked for a better political position even if they had begged Pelosi not to throw them into that briar patch. And if the “doctor fix” fails to get out of the House, it won’t be Republicans who get the blame, since Pelosi can call a vote on that any time she desires.
    Let’s hope that Republicans manage to keep this advantage for as long as it takes Pelosi to realize that she’s blown it.

46. 46 | June 19, 2010 3:28 pm

rain of lead wrote:

file this under “what the hell is she doing?”
    Pelosi Throws Down — Won’t Consider Senate Doc Fix
    I know the bitch is stupid,but shit….is she insane as well?
    this from Ed at hot air

After Nov.2, that old bat will be shifting gears on her broom instead of taxpayer jets. Hopefully she’ll hit a tree on her first outing.

47. Macker
    47 | June 19, 2010 3:37 pm

OK folks, wish me luck. I cooked the Tacoroni last night and it passed my wife’s muster. Now I will unleash it upon my coworkers…including my boss!

48. Poteen
    48 | June 19, 2010 3:41 pm

snork wrote:

I saw that Nekama’s posting again. The negative karma is palpable.
    He zapped Zombie. Does Nekama qualify as a sleeper?

49. 49 | June 19, 2010 3:42 pm

jlfintx wrote:

Even if all that was true there’s one thing that cannot be true.No one could predict the American voters.

50 | June 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Olberman is astro turfing some outrage against Kos?
    Hmmm , sounds familiar, like a ploy to get noticed.

51. rain of lead
    51 | June 19, 2010 3:45 pm

file this under “this is cool just because its cool”

A wizard’s words finally set free
    Three men use some modern-day inspiration to retrieve 80-year-old Edison radio broadcasts from old technology.

SCHENECTADY-- To hear an ailing 82-year-old Thomas Edison speak, with the great inventor’s voice, wheezy and high-pitched, growing husky and choked as he praised his good friend Henry Ford who stood alongside President Herbert Hoover on a stage on Oct. 21, 1929 is catching lightning in a bottle

Earlier that night, the crowd heard Albert Einstein offering words of praise for Edison in German from Berlin.
    It is contained in one of the world’s oldest surviving radio broadcasts, recorded on an obscure machine that General Electric developed in 1922 and called a pallophotophone — which means “shaking light sound” in Greek.

Listening to the elderly Edison lose his place, become confused and nearly weep over the depth of his admiration for Ford more than 80 years after he spoke those heartfelt words to a live audience has the power to cause a lump to rise in one’s throat.

This aural treasure might have remained lost in history’s silent dustbin were it not for a curious archivist, a dogged engineer and a fixer.

52. gulfloafer
    52 | June 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Grimcargo wrote:

jlfintx wrote:

Undeniable, never underestimate teh stupid.

53. rain of lead
    53 | June 19, 2010 3:56 pm

god,this man is such a whiny pos

President Disaster threatened the GOP today to go along with his radical agenda, or else.
    The radical former community organizer is upset that Republicans voted against his latest round of spending bills.

…awwww poor baby!

54 | June 19, 2010 3:57 pm

its too damn hot outside to do any work at all.

wow. i need a cold one.

@ rain of lead:
    or else what?

brilliant!

58. mfhorn
    59 | June 19, 2010 4:00 pm

@ gulfloafer:

He’ll have a hissy fit and blame Bush for something else.

59. gulfloafer
    60 | June 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Check out this relevant topic video concerning Olby.

61 | June 19, 2010 4:02 pm

its too damn hot outside to do any work at all.
    wow. i need a cold one.

I just mowed the lawn in 90 degree weather & then pruned some trees.
    But wait! Just when I finished my next door neighbor came out & handed me a cold beer. Alright!

62 | June 19, 2010 4:02 pm

mfhorn wrote:

@ gulfloafer:
    He’ll have a hissy fit and blame Bush for something else.

yep…its W’s fault.

62. mfhorn
    63 | June 19, 2010 4:03 pm

@ rain of lead:

‘Barack,

Opposing your radical, extreme, left-wing, big government agenda IS in the public’s best interest.

Sincerely

An American voter’

63. rain of lead
    64 | June 19, 2010 4:04 pm

yeah, his guys run the fucking show but its repubs who are the bad guys

it’s gonna be a bloodbath come november

65 | June 19, 2010 4:04 pm

i turned my back yard into a forest years ago. where there are no trees there is 8″ of small stones to walk on or decks. i am working on the hedges tho…and them boys are tall.

66 | June 19, 2010 4:05 pm

@ gulfloafer:

they deserve each other

67 | June 19, 2010 4:06 pm

17 Afghan military training at Lackland Air Base in Texas, went AWOL.
    Just guys who don’t want to go home or joining a Fifth Column?

68 | June 19, 2010 4:08 pm

17 Afghan military training at Lackland Air Base in Texas, went AWOL.
    Just guys who don’t want to go home or joining a Fifth Column?

i think about half of em have been caught.

why do we let this happen. we let jihadis into one of our bases. AGAIN

69 | June 19, 2010 4:08 pm

The bane of my existence is weeds, I just can’t keep up with them.
    We get Canadian Thistle & the roots go to next week. I swear that they fight back.

69. 70 | June 19, 2010 4:08 pm

@ Empire1:

Ahh, I have been through there with the truck. Took a lot of loads from the Delaware coast to points west and north.

70. gulfloafer
    71 | June 19, 2010 4:09 pm

rain of lead wrote:

@ rain of lead:
    oooops
    forgot the link

That seems like a self-defeating statement to me. “America will be watching” Damn skippy, whoever votes against additional spending has got my vote.

72 | June 19, 2010 4:10 pm

The bane of my existence is weeds, I just can’t keep up with them.

prolific ivy and the spraying of herbicides takes care of that.

the ivy grows where there are no trees or pebbles. spraying rocks is easy.

73 | June 19, 2010 4:11 pm

coldwarrior
    68 | June 19, 2010 16:08
    i think about half of em have been caught.

why do we let this happen. we let jihadis into one of our bases. AGAIN

Yup, they have about half of them.
    It makes no sense to train Afghans to fly. This is not really an ally.

73. gulfloafer
    74 | June 19, 2010 4:11 pm

You must stand strong and fight Rix! Like rust, weeds never sleep! Fall back, regroup, and re-engage.

74. mfhorn
    75 | June 19, 2010 4:12 pm

@ rain of lead:

I sure hope so. I’d LOVE to see the Dems lose control of both House & Senate. But we can’t just sit back and expect it to happen. We’ve got to get out there and make our voices heard!

75. Poteen
    76 | June 19, 2010 4:13 pm

17 Afghan military training at Lackland Air Base in Texas, went AWOL.
    Just guys who don’t want to go home or joining a Fifth Column?

Taverns and strip clubs most likely.

77 | June 19, 2010 4:13 pm

coldwarrior
    72 | June 19, 2010 16:10
    prolific ivy and the spraying of herbicides takes care of that.

the ivy grows where there are no trees or pebbles. spraying rocks is easy.

Thank you, I will take that advice to heart. I hate Canadian Thistle!

77. Jorline
    78 | June 19, 2010 4:18 pm

Macker wrote:

Tacoroni

I’ve been in the restaurant business long enough to know a dish that ugly has to be great tasting. Fill me in please.

79 | June 19, 2010 4:18 pm

ivy loves shady areas and will grow quickly and spread out once they are established. it takes a few years but the results are very nice. i got mine at the local shop, nothing special, just typical ground ivy. planted three different types and they all are doing well.

the back yard has a catalpa tree, two japanese cherries, an american cherry, two japanese maples, and an american maple. the left and right border are 8 ft privet hedge. inside the yard is a 16x16deck and a 12x12 deck just below it down the steps.

there are two large rectangles of 8″ thick pads of river pebbles terraced away from the house that are shaded by the trees and the grape vines off of the smaller desk in the yard.

79. 80 | June 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Grimcargo wrote:

Barton said the truth.Pure and simple.

And received a thrashing from the GOP for his troubles.

I despise BOTH parties for their pettiness and sheer hubris of thinking they know what is best for Americans.

80. 81 | June 19, 2010 5:50 pm

mfhorn wrote:

@ gulfloafer:
    He’ll have a hissy fit and blame Bush for something else.

Have a hissy fit? He’s been having a continuous fit of “Blame Bush” since he started campaigning. A change of pace would be to actually “Man Up” and admit he is in over his head, or the disaster he is creating is deliberate.

81. 82 | June 19, 2010 5:56 pm

coldwarrior
    68 | June 19, 2010 16:08
    i think about half of em have been caught.
    why do we let this happen. we let jihadis into one of our bases. AGAIN

Yup, they have about half of them.

It makes no sense to train Afghans to fly

. This is not really an ally.

During the early 80′s when I was doing my Navy “A” and “B” schools for Avionics, one course was self-paced in a cubicle filled room. I had in my quad cube 3 Iraqi (I believe) officers taking the same course I was doing. They had all started before I did, and were on assignment 3 when I finished all 12 assignments in the course. I asked the sailor proctoring the room about the Iraqis and he told me Iraq was paying BIG bucks for the training.

He also said the Iraqis were dumber than a box of rocks and had been told to “assist” them in passing the topic exams, otherwise they would probably still be there.

82. 83 | June 20, 2010 10:47 am