It’s for the children!

by Kafir ( 125 Comments › )
Filed under Academia, Education, History, Liberal Fascism, Politics, Progressives at June 29th, 2010 - 9:00 am

A reminder/refresher/primer from Mens News Daily ~ Rescuing Our Kids and Country From Karl Marx

by Steve Farrell

It bears repeating: If we hope to halt, reverse and permanently alter America’s descent into the gutter of debauchery and that political tyranny that is forever its companion — “education is the key.” (1)

And if so, it must be, it can only be that that education is initiated, financed, and controlled by parents, not by Karl Marx and the Almighty State; no, nor by anyone far removed from our home, our values, our input, and our right to say, “You’re fired!”

Of course, Marx, and every godless statist there ever was and is, knew the road to their Godless tyranny was lined with schools, colleges, and universities created, funded, and controlled by the state … and the more centralized that control the better.

He also recognized the absolute necessity of an ongoing propaganda and legal campaign against parent controlled models like home schools, church schools, private schools, and small locally funded-locally controlled public schools; and this too: against any and all curricula that defends or promotes God, eternal truth, moral responsibility, the traditional family, limited government, the United States Constitution, the Free Enterprise System, and of course, private property. In short, an ongoing war against the very foundation, tools, weapons, and inspiration of free men.

A Brief Review From the Mouth of Marx and Co.

In 1932 Communist Party USA founder, William Z. Foster, outline in his book Toward Soviet America “the elementary measures the American Soviet government will adopt to further the cultural revolution.” His target was America’s schools. His strategy:

[S]tudies will be revolutionized, being cleansed of religious, patriotic and other features of the bourgeois ideology. The students will be taught on the basis of Marxian dialectical materialism, internationalism and the general ethics of the new Socialist society. Present obsolete methods of teaching will be superseded by a scientific pedagogy. (2)

There is much to behold in that 1932 statement; and it has all come to pass. Religion and patriotism has been replaced with materialism, internationalism, the ethics of socialism, and the scientific pedagogy. Can anyone doubt it? Certainly John Dewey would concur.

But Foster didn’t stop there. As to those “other features of the bourgeois ideology” that were to be ‘cleansed’ the traditional family topped the list. Recall, if you will, communism founder Karl Marx bragging that he and his comrades would “Abolish the family!” Why? Because the traditional family was the transmission belt of christian and capitalist values. Plain and simple. The traditional family had to go; and with it home schools, private schools, and old-styled public schools where parents were the employers, the curriculum chiefs, the bosses over the neighborhood school. (3)

Read the whole thing.

Tags: ,

Comments

125 Responses to “It’s for the children!”

1 | June 29, 2010 9:15 am

Groucho Marx was more astute than Karl Marx.

2. Nevergiveup
    2 | June 29, 2010 9:17 am

Speranza wrote:

Groucho Marx was more astute than Karl Marx.

And richer

3. goddessoftheclassroom
    3 | June 29, 2010 9:18 am

I will defend Civilization to my last breath!

4. 4 | June 29, 2010 9:21 am

My six year olds counter education began at age five.

I just updated my Gravatar with a photo from his first lesson.

5. goddessoftheclassroom
    5 | June 29, 2010 9:34 am

My younger son and I visited Fort Necessity last week. College interns gave a Soldier Talk about the battle. I wanted to CHEER when he said that during the French-Indian Wars the Native Americans weren’t victims but players in the action.

I don’t want to whitewash our country’s actions, but I’m not going to stand for their being portrayed as evil, either.

6. m
    6 | June 29, 2010 9:39 am

@ Scott Madsen:

Good job Dad!

7. m
    7 | June 29, 2010 9:44 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

I had an interesting talk with my oldest son’s girlfriend about that. She said something about how we totally screwed them over (with a sneer on her face when she said it- public schools at work) and I had to point out to her it needs to be remembered in the context of the times.

At that time it was the way of the world. You came, you saw, you conquered, it was yours. You can’t apply 2010 moral standards to something that happened hundreds of years ago.

Her face softened and she was like “good point”! lol

8. goddessoftheclassroom
    8 | June 29, 2010 9:53 am

@ m:
    Except to learn the lesson of what happens when a nation does nothing to stem the flow of an alien, non-assimilating culture.

9. 9 | June 29, 2010 9:57 am

@ Speranza:
    @ goddessoftheclassroom:
    @ m:
    @ Scott Madsen:

Many people forget that Hitler and the Nazis were closer to Marx than the Soviets were. Marx wanted a Socialist Greater Germany to dominate Europe, enslave the Slavic people and eliminate Judaism. This was Hitler’s blueprint.

10. 10 | June 29, 2010 9:58 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

Islam seeks to dominate, not integrate. Islam is a disease on humanity.

11. 11 | June 29, 2010 9:59 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

There is that lesson. That isn’t what the Leftists want us to focus on. They want us to watch the flashy jewels of cheap labor and a desire not to be called “racist” (carrot and stick), so we won’t see the “magick trick” of a destroyed and debased culture and nation that they are trying to perform. All the flash and distraction aren’t working, though. We need more Arizonas. We need to send a strong message.

12. Fritz Katz
    12 | June 29, 2010 10:06 am

The Problem: Publik SCREWELS.

The Solution: ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

13. 13 | June 29, 2010 10:09 am

@ Fritz Katz:

How you doing my friend?

Yeah the Public SChool system is dominated by Progressives. We need to take control of the governmnet and purge the Leftists form the education system.

14 | June 29, 2010 10:13 am

The Petraeus confirmation hearing is on now on FNC.

15 | June 29, 2010 10:15 am

“We cannot kill or capture our way out of an industrial-strength insurgency such as we face in Afghanistan.”
    --GEN Petraeus

16. goddessoftheclassroom
    16 | June 29, 2010 10:17 am

@ Fritz Katz:
    PLEASE STOP IT.

I am so sick of blanket attacks on public schools. Each school district is autonomous. Some, especially large unified districts, are behemoths of bureaucracy and are horribly ineffective. Others are small and truly reflective of and responsive to their communities. Parent and citizen involvement makes a huge difference.

Not all districts are controlled by teacher unions, either. It is the CONTRACT that the union negotiates and that the school district signs that gives (or limits) respective power.

In my district unions have NO SAY in the hiring process; I don’t know about other districts. Personnel decisions are made by the principal, superintendent, and other administrators. These same administrators CAN get rid of poor teachers if they do their jobs and oversee probationary teachers’ work.

I do support vouchers, especially in urban school districts, but PLEASE don’t dismiss all public schools as poor.

17. vapig
    17 | June 29, 2010 10:19 am

The very first thing Maobama did when he got into the WH was to cancel the DC voucher program.

18. Nevergiveup
    18 | June 29, 2010 10:22 am

–GEN Petraeus

No probably not, but we can’t kissie face our way out either

19. 19 | June 29, 2010 10:26 am

@ m:
    I have a good friend that’s half Objibwa. He boasted how the spanish and french taught the native americans all about scalping, and then turned it on them and did it better. Yeah, he knows all about his tribal history and legend. He also knows that there’s a lot of myths out there that he enjoys playing up to the white folks whenever he can get away with it.

20. 20 | June 29, 2010 10:28 am

@ Nevergiveup:

We are going to need to redefine what we consider victory, too. There is no way that you can leave 20,000 Taliban free in the Afghan-Pakistan border and ever expect Afghanistan to “stabilize”. And you certainly can’t do it in a year with a hard deadline. Petraeus may be good, but nobody is that good.

21. 21 | June 29, 2010 10:30 am

@ vapig:

Blacks must not be educated. If they are, they may not buy the Progressive indoctrination. That’s why Obama got rid of the vouchers.

22. 22 | June 29, 2010 10:31 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

That’s true most Suburban Schools districts are good. The problem is the Urban districs and that is by designed. The Progresisves view Blacks and Hispanics as slaves and they must be kept on the plantation.

23. 23 | June 29, 2010 10:32 am

I really don’t get the point of the war. We are there just protecting China’s mineral interest. I saw let the PLA guard their own mines.

I’m sick of America being the world’s biggest suckers.

24. Empire1
    24 | June 29, 2010 10:35 am

YIKE! Dow is down 256!

25. vapig
    25 | June 29, 2010 10:36 am

@ vapig:

DC schools are the worst. I read somewhere that they spend more per student than any other district in the country. And the kids come out mor3e illiterate than when they went in. ND, on the other hand, spends the least of any school district and they churn out highly educated kids.

26. 26 | June 29, 2010 10:36 am

Gaurd? The Chinese would value engineer security in the region quicker than you can say virulent pathogen.

27. 27 | June 29, 2010 10:36 am

@ Empire1:

The Obama Boom is roaring ahead! The greatest Economic recovery in world history!

28. 28 | June 29, 2010 10:38 am

@ vapig:

It’s done intentionally. I was in the New York City Public School system in the late 80′s and early 90′s. I saw first hand how Hispanic and Black Kids where treated as inferiors compared to White and Asian students. It’s a designed plan by the Progressives.

29. 29 | June 29, 2010 10:39 am

@ Scott Madsen:

The Chinese should protect their own interests. I’m sick of America fighting other’s wars. We are broke and can’t do it no more.

30 | June 29, 2010 10:40 am

We aren’t leaving Afghanistan in a year.

31. m
    31 | June 29, 2010 10:41 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

I’m jaded. I absolutely LOVED my kids’ elementary school, but their middle school and high schools were terrible. I was involved. All of my kids’ teachers know me.

I had to deal with everything from yearbooks that said (the year arafat died) “Israelis claim arafat was a terrorist, but the palestinian people see him as a hero), to my 13 yr old son getting ISS because he rolled his eyes when kids were running through the halls screaming about Obama winning the presidency. He really couldn’t care less about who won (he was 13!!) and rolled his eyes at the reaction and not OBAMA in particular. Apparently that was trying to start trouble with the black students (his best friend in the world being black didn’t come into play I guess).

And all kinds of bull in between.

I took exception with the schools and the school board and all it did was put a mark on my kids and they couldn’t cross their eyes without getting in trouble.

I wish there were more of you and your district. I guess that’s the point of this thread.

32. 32 | June 29, 2010 10:41 am

How are you and Leia doing this morning?

33. 33 | June 29, 2010 10:41 am

The original point of the war was to drive the Taliban out of power, and deny the Afghan bases to al Qaeda, killing all of the Taliban and al Qaeda we could in the process. We did gangbusters on that, drove the Taliban out of power, established some form of Afghan Government, and things were quite in Afghanistan for the rest of the Bush Administration. “Mission Accomplished”, remember that? Under Obama the mission changed, and I’m not at all sure what it is right now, but we lost more troops last month than we did in any give year during the Bush Administration, so it is clear that something is not working. Barry’s magic touch turns everything into a clusterfuck.

34. 34 | June 29, 2010 10:43 am

@ m:

I was taught that Hispanics were evil pieces of shit in my High School. They couldn’t make up their minds if we were some evil killers or victims of agression.

This is why I HATE the Demon-KKK-Rat part and the Progressive with every fiber of my bone.

35 | June 29, 2010 10:43 am

Petraeus may be good, but nobody is that good.

He’s also not stupid.

Do you think he’d be sitting through another Senate confirmation hearing for a job that he thought couldn’t be done?

I don’t.

36. 36 | June 29, 2010 10:44 am

It’s about protecting China’s economic interest and so Barry doesn’t appear weak in domesticly.

37. goddessoftheclassroom
    37 | June 29, 2010 10:44 am

Rodan
    vapig

The excellence of a school is greatly affected by the community it serves and the value that community places on education. I would also argue that unified, not stratified, communities have more energy to put into demanding achievement instead of demanding entitlements.

38 | June 29, 2010 10:44 am

Not bad. How about you?

Leia is taking her traditional after-breakfast nap.

39. 39 | June 29, 2010 10:45 am

We’ll see in a year. The CINC right now says a year. You have more faith in him seeing the impossibility of that than I do. He is either evil or incompetant or both. And he has enough arrogance for any ten normal men. Not the combination that takes constructive criticism well. He also doesn’t show much aptitude for learning on the job. He is the wrong man for the job, but he is CINC, and his goals and objectives are driven by political winds that we do not share. I don’t think that word from the experts on the ground is going to change his mind. It hasn’t in the Gulf.

40. vapig
    40 | June 29, 2010 10:45 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

I don’t think the burb schools are any better -- depending on where they are located. Having a fancy building a throwing money at something doesnt’ make it good. And progs like to victimized white kids most of all by telling them what monsters they are.

41. 41 | June 29, 2010 10:46 am

At work it’s Muggy as usual here in Tampa.

42. 42 | June 29, 2010 10:46 am

Hi Rodan. How are you? You are definitely right about the designs leftists have. Leftists have forced segregation on the Turks living in Germany; they are also the first to complain about a Turk that drinks alcohol or eats pork. They love their speaking pidgeon Spanish to their Mexican gardeners and want to do the same with their children and grandchildren.

You’ve probably seen this already, but Leftists harass Moslems for supporting Germany.

43. goddessoftheclassroom
    43 | June 29, 2010 10:47 am

@ m:
    {m}

ISS for rolling his eyes?????????? Oh, please! I don’t blame you for being jaded--that’s ridiculous! I bet those kids running and shouting in the halls--which I’m sure was a discipline infraction--weren’t told to cut it out, either.

44. 44 | June 29, 2010 10:47 am

@ vapig:

I rather be told I’m a monster that conquered others than a Piece of shit low life victim. I’d take that any day of the week.

45. 45 | June 29, 2010 10:48 am

Agreed, I am just saying that when and if they had to cover their own expenses in the region, they would be much much more frugal with line item expenditures than we are, and the natives would be much worse the wear for it.

As it is, we are pretty much their mercenarys now anyhow with them holding our so much of our debt and getting all of the goodies out of out theatres of war that we spent capitol on.

46. Nevergiveup
    46 | June 29, 2010 10:48 am

I’m sick of America being the world’s biggest suckers.

I am curious why do you keep saying the mines are china’s?

47. 47 | June 29, 2010 10:49 am

@ We Are Government:

Wow so Muslims who actually want to intergrate and becaome Germans are harrased by the Left. Figures, they have to know thei place in teh racially hierchy.

48. goddessoftheclassroom
    48 | June 29, 2010 10:50 am

{Rodan}
    I am appalled to hear of your experience.

49 | June 29, 2010 10:51 am

That was part of the mission, but not the entire thing. If we leave without having at least a marginally competent government in charge, the Taliban will just come right back.

And the reason things were “quiet” there for for the past few years (which is a relative term, BTW) is that most of our troops were sitting on FOBs. Now they’re out looking for the enemy.

An increase in casualties is not necessarily an indication that things are going to hell.

There was a big increase in Allied casualties in June, 1944. That turned out okay, as I recall.

50. 50 | June 29, 2010 10:52 am

@ Nevergiveup:

They have mineral contracts in Afghanistan. We don’t have none.

China’s thirst for copper could hold key to Afghanistan’s future

JALREZ VALLEY, Afghanistan — In this Taliban stronghold in the mountains south of Kabul, the U.S. Army is providing the security that will enable China to exploit one of the world’s largest unexploited deposits of copper, earn tens of billions of dollars and feed its voracious appetite for raw materials.

U.S. troops set up bases last month along a dirt track that a Chinese firm is paving as part of a $3 billion project to gain access to the Aynak copper reserves. Some troops made camp outside a compound built for the Chinese road crews, who are about to return from winter break. American forces also have expanded their presence in neighboring Logar province, where the Aynak deposit is.

US Soldiers should not die for China’s mineral interests.

51. vapig
    51 | June 29, 2010 10:53 am

@ m:

It wasn’t until High School that the progs (protestors from Berkeley) started their brainwashing to convince us that the US was the most evil country in the entire history of the world. I saw smart kids turn into very angry kids -- some never recovered from it.

I really hate progs too!

52. Bob in Breckenridge
    52 | June 29, 2010 10:53 am

Empire1 wrote:

YIKE! Dow is down 256!

Hope and change! From a recession into a depression…Thanks you stupid liberal f**ks.

53. 53 | June 29, 2010 10:53 am

It’s been a constant theme. Moslems who want to be German are shunned and treated like 4th class citizens by leftists. The left wants a poor, undereducated slave class to permanently vote them in for fear of losing benefits. It is no surprise that leftists here support Jew haters in Burkas but hate Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

54 | June 29, 2010 10:54 am

The administration is already backing away from that date. They’ve been doing so since just about the time of the big announcement that Petraeus was taking over.

Coincidence? I don’t think so.

55. m
    55 | June 29, 2010 10:54 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

Nope.

Keep doing what you’re doing, {Goddess} and I hope it’s contagious! But I agree with the more parents need to stand up to the crazy in their own communities thing. I felt like it was just me against the machine and it sucked!

56. goddessoftheclassroom
    56 | June 29, 2010 10:57 am

@ vapig:

I was in secondary school from 1976-1982 in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, equidistant from Annapolis and Baltimore, with DC about 40 miles to the west.

I am SO grateful, knowing what I know now, that my experience did not include such indoctrination.

57. spinmore
    57 | June 29, 2010 10:59 am

–GEN Petraeus

Also:

“We can’t kill our way to victory.” -- Admiral Mike Mullen
    Chairman Joint Chiefs (Sept. 2008, House Armed Services Comm.)

58. 58 | June 29, 2010 11:00 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

That’s why I admit I nhave a chip on my shoulder and talk about the Spanish Empire. When you are tauight you are a worthless nothing. Then when you read books about your ancestors have their boot on the world’s throat for 150 years, it make one proud and angry at those who lied.

When I went to Spain in 1992, I visited the Escorial, it was built in tribute to Spain’s victory over France in the Italian wars. In there is a room called the Hall of victories. I cried seeing paintings depicting Turks, Arabs, French, English, Dutch, Africans, Germans, Asians, Aztecs and Incas all bowing or in humiliation at the hands of Spanish victors. Those painting proved everything I was taught was lie.

Since then I HATE the Demon-KKK-Rats with all my soul. Hence my attitude, I rather be the opressor than the opressed.

59 | June 29, 2010 11:00 am

@ spinmore:

Mullen’s pretty smart.

For a Navy guy.

60. 60 | June 29, 2010 11:01 am

@ vapig:

That’s another thing I hates, the taught America was so evil. That was BS to me. I used to ask my teachers, why do you hate this country? I got called a Fascist thinker.

61. 61 | June 29, 2010 11:04 am

Trying to get nevergiveup started huh?

62 | June 29, 2010 11:06 am

The bottom line is, Petraeus wouldn’t have agreed to take a job that he thought was impossible.

He’s a 4 star combatant commander, with over 30 years of srvice. He’s already going to get his maximum 75% pay when he retires. Unless he becomes chief of staff, there really isn’t much left for him to do in the military.

Right now, he’s thought of as the man who won the war in Iraq. I doubt that he wants to trade that for being known as the man who lost Afghanistan.

63. Bob in Breckenridge
    63 | June 29, 2010 11:07 am

@ spinmore:
    Mullen’s pretty smart.
    For a Navy guy.

Watch it, bub!

64 | June 29, 2010 11:07 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

After that dumbass Fallon, you guys are on probation.

65. spinmore
    65 | June 29, 2010 11:07 am

@ spinmore:
    Mullen’s pretty smart.
    For a Navy guy.

BTW Lobo, i found this reference on page 253 “Stones into Schools” by Greg Mortenson -- it follows his other book “Three Cups of Tea” that we talked about the other day here.

66. 66 | June 29, 2010 11:11 am

Agreed, I have no beef with Patraeus.

67 | June 29, 2010 11:11 am

@ spinmore:

Thanks.

68 | June 29, 2010 11:14 am

I never understood the thinking behind putting Fallon--or any Navy admiral--in charge of CENTCOM, anyway.

Yes, there’s a lot of water in the CENTCOM AOR, but there are two wars going on in it at the moment, which are being fought primarily by the Army and the Marines.

Seems logical to me that you’d want someone from the Army or Marine Corps in charge.

69. vapig
    69 | June 29, 2010 11:15 am

@ vapig:

No you wouldn’t. You have no idea what a toll it is on a child to be told day-in-day-out what a horrible person they are and that the world would have been a better place without them. Kids with low self esteem anyway will commit suicide with that kind of abuse.

70. 70 | June 29, 2010 11:15 am

@ goddessoftheclassroom:

You should have been in Fairfax County then. My school was an experimental Open School filled with bright eyed idealists working on their masters and letting it all out on us.

Tenth Grade English -- Animal Farm essay question: Relate the concept of “power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely to the recent rise and fall of Richard Nixon, damn, I thought the book was about human nauture and how communism brings the worst out of it.

They always addressed us as ‘people’, not students or class. They all thought they were Abbie Hoffman or something I gather.

Catcher in the Rye, enough said, except when we were assigned to write about “alienation ond the demise of the American Dream”, i wrote and anti thesis to that premise, got a C and a written comment that I was immature and not able to understand the complex nature of the subject.

I instictively hated those smug assholes and lef tHigh School a bit confused, shaken, and a bit uneducated in the classical sense. Thank God my first two years of college was with older Jesuits who weren’t infected with new theories, and it served as a finishing school that claered out the BS and uncertainty I was nearly infected with by a buch of post grad tranzi crusaders.

I did have one conservative history teacher in high school though (even sold amway) and he was the only encouraging figure in my experience there. Math was still fine, but the English and Arts departments, whoa.

71. Nevergiveup
    71 | June 29, 2010 11:16 am

@ Nevergiveup:

They have mineral contracts in Afghanistan. We don’t have none.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2009/03/08/63452/chinas-thirst-for-copper-could.html#ixzz0sFnnkzr4” rel=”nofollow”>China’s thirst for copper could hold key to Afghanistan’s future

US Soldiers should not die for China’s mineral interests.

No argument, but at this point, an investment in Afganistan is not where I would put my money. I wouldn’t get to excited about this.

72. vapig
    72 | June 29, 2010 11:16 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

I’m sick of America being the world’s biggest suckers.
    I am curious why do you keep saying the mines are china’s?

They got the contract.

73. Nevergiveup
    73 | June 29, 2010 11:16 am

@ spinmore:

Mullen’s pretty smart.

For a Navy guy.

Hey I heard that

74. bar
    74 | June 29, 2010 11:17 am

Welcome to Maywood, Mexico err.. Maywood California.

Boasting a population that is 97% Hispanic, more than half foreign born, and 40% illegal, the Los Angeles County, Calif., incorporated city of Maywood has achieved the Reconquista goal. It is now as lawless and chaotic as any place in Mexico. Maywood is a warning to every city and town in America.

Now this has nothing to do with these people being Hispanic, we have many great American-Mexicans in this country. It has everything to do with progressive entitlement policies and the fact that these progressives use these Hispanics to further their agenda.

Convincing these people not to assimilate and turning a blind eye to the known illegals, doesnt help either of them. It hurts them, its like letting your children act like fools without correction only for them to discover later on in life they cant get or keep a job because they act like assholes.

75. Bob in Breckenridge
    75 | June 29, 2010 11:18 am

I want this guy in charge in Afghanistan if this is how he feels…

“You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually, it’s a lot of fun to fight. You know, it’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right upfront with you, I like brawling.”

76 | June 29, 2010 11:18 am

They got the contract.

Would you sign a contract for anything in Afghanistan at the moment?

I wouldn’t.

77 | June 29, 2010 11:20 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

I suspect that he was offered the job and declined. He’s planning to retire later this year.

78 | June 29, 2010 11:20 am

Good morning. I recall Michelle Obama saying, ‘We must change our culture & our history.”
    Historical revisionism, sound familiar?

79. Nevergiveup
    79 | June 29, 2010 11:22 am

Historical revisionism, sound familiar?

Yeah like there are some people who think The Soviet Union really beat us in Basketball at the 72 Olympics?

80. vapig
    80 | June 29, 2010 11:24 am

goddessoftheclassroom wrote:

@ vapig:

Well, I was in the San Francisco Bay Area (Carolina Girl knows where) and what I went through is nothing compared to what they are doing out there now. Sheila Kuehl almost singlehandedly has destroyed anything worthwhile in the school system there.

81. vapig
    81 | June 29, 2010 11:25 am

They got the contract.
    Would you sign a contract for anything in Afghanistan at the moment?
    I wouldn’t.

No -- but just like in Iraq, our government is blocking any attempt to even bid for it. It’s none of their business.

82 | June 29, 2010 11:26 am

Nevergiveup
    79 | June 29, 2010 11:22

Hah! Let’s play football gainst them, real football with linebackers & Bud Light commercials.

83. 83 | June 29, 2010 11:26 am

@ vapig:

You don’t know what it’s like being told your a piece of worthless hit who will amount to nothing.

I’ll take being called an evil oppressor any day!

84 | June 29, 2010 11:26 am

@ vapig:

At least you’re not in Detroit!

85 | June 29, 2010 11:27 am

And cheerleaders.

86. 86 | June 29, 2010 11:27 am

@ Nevergiveup:

East bloc referee…..grrrrrrrrrrr!

87. 87 | June 29, 2010 11:28 am

@ bar:

These clowns can’t make up their minds. They claim to be Hispanic then say they are indigenous. They can’t have it both ways.

88. Nevergiveup
    88 | June 29, 2010 11:28 am

??????
    “Petraeus faces queries by war-weary Congress”

I love that headline? I mean forgive my ignorance, but what conflict have they been deployed to? They been eating any MREs? Been away from their loved ones ( I mean their girlfriends and hookers )?

89 | June 29, 2010 11:28 am

@ bar:

WAIT! Not assholes, but “ODD” sufferers!

90. 90 | June 29, 2010 11:29 am

@ Nevergiveup:

Why don’t we get something out of this? American troops should not die for other people’s interest. Let the PLA guard their own mines.

I’m sick of Americans dying so others live good.

91. Nevergiveup
    91 | June 29, 2010 11:30 am

Scott Madsen wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:

East bloc referee…..grrrrrrrrrrr!

You remember that. They got like 3 shots till they finally made one.

92. vapig
    92 | June 29, 2010 11:30 am

@ Scott Madsen:

Math was still fine, but the English and Arts departments, whoa.

Progs learned how to destroy that too. Word question: Five people are in a boat; they are african American, hispanic, asian, Native American and white. Which one needs to jump into the ocean so the boat doesn’t sink and explain why you are a hateful bigot in your answer.

93. 93 | June 29, 2010 11:30 am

@ vapig:

Exactly, The Chinese and French got those contracts in Iraq. What did we get, nothing jack shit.

I’m sick of it.

94 | June 29, 2010 11:31 am

And cheerleaders.

Exactly, now taht’s football!

95. Nevergiveup
    95 | June 29, 2010 11:32 am

@ Nevergiveup:

I’m sick of Americans dying so others live good.

I’m not disagreeing with you, just I don’t think the “mines” in Afganistan are anything to get to worked up about yet. Yeah I saw reports about the “minerals” there. But knowing they might be there and digging them out and making a profit are 2 different things. I mean yeah put it on the list of concerns down the road, but at the moment we got bigger worries.

96 | June 29, 2010 11:32 am

@ Nevergiveup:

Next time they show Petraeus on TV, look at the lower portion of his right sleeve.

You’ll see a bunch of gold rectangular bars. Each of those represents 6 months deployed in a hostile fire area.

And he got all of them since 9/11.

97 | June 29, 2010 11:35 am

@ Nevergiveup:

Unless they’re planning to fly the ore out by helicopter, it’s going to be a long time before they get anything of value out of there.

There’s exactly one paved highway in Afghanistan.

98. 98 | June 29, 2010 11:35 am

@ vapig:

I saw a joke about that the other day , it had math word questions as they evolved through the decades. Not very PC, ended with something to do with illegals and free stuff.

I’ll have to search my history

99. 99 | June 29, 2010 11:35 am

@ Nevergiveup:

but at the moment we got bigger worries.

Fair enough and yes we have bigger issues on our hands!

100. m
    100 | June 29, 2010 11:35 am

@ bar:

There was a thread on that.

101. spinmore
    101 | June 29, 2010 11:37 am

Bumr50 wrote:

@ bar:
    WAIT! Not assholes, but “ODD” sufferers!

excellent piece

102. vapig
    102 | June 29, 2010 11:38 am

Historical revisionism, sound familiar?

OMG! I’m sick to death of these angry black people! Don’t like it here? Go to Africa for about five years and them come back and tell me what a downright mean country we are!

103. bar
    103 | June 29, 2010 11:39 am

I missed that, good catch.
    For America, wouldnt “indigenous” require you to be an American Indian?

104 | June 29, 2010 11:39 am

@ Scott Madsen:

I was right out of the military & sitting in an English Lit class.
    The professor decided that we needed to have a debate on the VietNam War.
    Remember, this is English Lit.
    Lots of volunteers for the anti side & he selected the Campus Counter Culture Hero, wearing an Army Field jacket , Combat boots & lots of hair on his face & head.
    Nobody volunteered for the Pro side & he selects ME!
    WTF? )Ok , I go to the library & resarch the whole thing.
    Debate day, I creamed him & the class voted that way.
    The other guy kept saying “I feel”
    The Prof was not happy. My guess is that he wanted to humiliate a VietNam Vet.

105. vapig
    105 | June 29, 2010 11:41 am

@ vapig:
    I’ll take being called an evil oppressor any day!

Oh hell! Yes I do! I sometimes wish that all my asshole teachers could see where I work now -- they would sh!t bricks and I would flip every one of them the bird!

106 | June 29, 2010 11:43 am

Michelle has issues.

107 | June 29, 2010 11:44 am

Vietnam is another prime subject for rewriting history.

I’m pretty sure that if you asked the average college student about it, they’d tell you that the public never supported the war, and that the government went over there against the public’s wishes.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

108. 108 | June 29, 2010 11:44 am

@ bar:

For America, wouldnt “indigenous” require you to be an American Indian?

Well they claim to be Native Central Americans. That’s what they claim. They cliam they are Aztecs. So my beef is, if they want to be Indigenous, well then they should register with the Federal governmnet as tribe!

Good luck with that to them, as the other tribes will be none to pleased!

My point is they can’t be both.

109 | June 29, 2010 11:47 am

Ward Churchill claims to be an Indian, too.

110. Macker
    110 | June 29, 2010 11:47 am

@ We Are Government:

Fatwa on certain German Muslims in 5…4…3…2…1…

111. bar
    111 | June 29, 2010 11:48 am

@ Bumr50:
    That would be a lot funnier, if it werent true.
    I was a bad kid (asshole) in school just like that kid. It was funny to hear the reasons (lack of self-esteem) as to why I was such an asshole.

Little did they know it was just a game to me and they were my toy. LOL.
    Looking back I feel ashamed at the way I treated my teachers, I did nothing but make their job more difficult.

112 | June 29, 2010 11:49 am

That’s true, VietNam was actually a popular war.
    The tipping point came when Walter Cronkite broke bad after Tet & LBJ
    saw that as definitive.

113. bar
    113 | June 29, 2010 11:49 am

@ m:
    Well, so much for me paying attention. I think I read that thread, although that was during happy hours.

114. 114 | June 29, 2010 11:51 am

@ vapig:

Ha ha ha ha, yeah they probably would beg you for money!

What I see from your angle and mine is that rather than teach us we are all unique individual, they are teaching us to be stereotypes.

We need to eliminate the Progressives influence in our schools.

115. Bob in Breckenridge
    115 | June 29, 2010 11:51 am

vapig wrote:

Hell, just go to Europe. At soccer matches black players are consistently subjected to “fans” making monkey or ape sounds.

116. 116 | June 29, 2010 11:51 am

Yeah I remeber!

117 | June 29, 2010 11:52 am

Ready to board . See ya

118. m
    118 | June 29, 2010 11:55 am

@ bar:

Well that explains everything! Meant it helpful not assy btw ~

119. 119 | June 29, 2010 11:55 am

Amazing how they try and steer everything to current events to promote their world view.

When we did For Whom the Bell Tolls there was nothing about the characters or structure of the novel, just questions about the morality and actions of the factions within the book, always steering to Franco bad, Nixon Bad

120. m
    120 | June 29, 2010 11:55 am

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

That’s messed up.

121. 121 | June 29, 2010 12:02 pm

I was one of three males in a “Man in Society” class back in high school. The teacher loved me when we had open debates in class. I would be ornery and take the devils advocate position on any topic. The teacher would lean back in his chair and let me go to town on the rest of the class. There were a few times that I would sway the majority of the females towards my positions.

122. bar
    122 | June 29, 2010 12:06 pm

@ m:
    No offence taken.

123. Philip_Daniel
    123 | June 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Islam seeks to dominate, not integrate. Islam is a disease on humanity.