First time visitor? Learn more.

Our Friends, the Wahhabists…and the Saudi Textbooks.

by coldwarrior ( 129 Comments › )
Filed under Islamic hypocrisy, Islamic Supremacism, Islamic Terrorism, Islamists, Terrorism at June 30th, 2010 - 4:30 pm

Our old friends the House of Saud are in the news again, this time not for funding terrorism aimed at a sky scraper near you but for breaking yet another agreement. See, in islam, it is OK to lie to the non believer, in fact it is encouraged in the march toward the Ummah. They agree to reform, and don’t, and we will never ever call them on it. If you would like to know what the House of Saud backed  Wahhabi world view has in mind for you, o infidel, read what they teach to their kids: via NRO

Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah will be received by President Obama in Washington today, nearly two years after the deadline by which the kingdom’s educational curriculum was to have been completely reformed. As the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom wrote to the president last week, “This promise remains unfulfilled.”

Saudi textbooks teach, along with many other noxious lessons, that Jews and Christians are “enemies,” and they dogmatically instruct that various groups of “unbelievers” — apostates (which includes Muslim moderates who reject Saudi Wahhabi doctrine), polytheists (which includes Shiites), and Jews — should be killed. Under the Saudi Education Ministry’s method of rote learning, these teachings amount to indoctrination, starting in first grade and continuing through high school, where militant jihad on behalf of “truth” is taught as a sacred duty. These textbooks are used not only in Saudi Arabia but in Saudi-funded schools around the world.

Levey stressed the primary importance of directing our policy at preventing people from embracing violent extremism in the first place. He warned, “Among other things, we must focus on educational reform in key locations to ensure that intolerance has no place in curricula and textbooks. . . . [U]nless the next generation of children is taught to reject violent extremism, we will forever be faced with the challenge of disrupting the next group of terrorist facilitators and supporters.”

The primary “key location” is undoubtedly Saudi Arabia. The kingdom is not just any country with problematic textbooks. As the controlling authority of the two holiest shrines of Islam, Saudi Arabia is able to disseminate its religious materials among the millions making the hajj to Mecca each year. Such teachings can, in this context, make a great impression. In addition, Saudi textbooks are also posted on the Saudi Education Ministry’s website and are shipped and distributed by a vast Sunni infrastructure established with Saudi oil wealth to Muslim communities throughout the world. In his book The Looming Tower, Lawrence Wright asserts that while Saudis constitute only 1 percent of the world’s Muslims, they pay “90 per cent of the expenses of the entire faith, overriding other traditions of Islam.

Please read the Rest here at NRO.

Video from NBC, of all places.

Excerpts from Saudi textbooks via Hudson Institute

Some background on our friends, the House of Saud and religion

Tags: , ,

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

129 Responses to “Our Friends, the Wahhabists…and the Saudi Textbooks.”
( jump to bottom )

  1. 1 | June 30, 2010 4:36 pm

    Of course Obozo is completely on board with all of that…if it hurts America, Israel, or Christianity, it’s fine with him…


  2. 2 | June 30, 2010 4:36 pm

    It’s time to cut our ties with the Saudis. They are our enemy and it’s time we recognize that reality.

    Fuck Saudi Arabia.


  3. 3 | June 30, 2010 4:39 pm

    OT- Eric Cantor is getting ready to challenge the Progressive Republican establishemt!

    Eric Cantor’s ambition raises concerns, debate

    “Boehner is running 1994 all over again,” a senior Republican lawmaker said, meaning Boehner wants to rely on a wave of voter anger with Democrats to ride into the majority. “Cantor and [California Rep. Kevin McCarthy] see it totally differently.” McCarthy serves as Cantor’s top lieutenant in the whip organization and is one of the co-authors, along with Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), of Cantor’s new book, “Young Guns.”

    Those close to Cantor don’t deny his ambitions — but even they are uncertain of his next move. If Republicans take control of the House in November, the 47-year-old Cantor would become the youngest majority leader in more than 60 years. That would put him next in line to become speaker if and when Boehner leaves.


  4. 4 | June 30, 2010 4:39 pm

    1389AD wrote:

    Of course Obozo is completely on board with all of that…if it hurts America, Israel, or Christianity, it’s fine with him…

    Bush was also great friends with the Saudis, despite who the majority of the 9/11 jihadis were, this is not something new that Barry started since ascending his Imperial Throne.


  5. justin case
    5 | June 30, 2010 4:39 pm

    the saudis are proof positive that every man has a price, including presidents.


  6. 6 | June 30, 2010 4:40 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    Fuck Saudi Arabia.

    Considering the sexual proclivities of a lot of Muslims who are repressed by Islam and the Koran, ummm, no thanks! STDs galore!


  7. buzzsawmonkey
    7 | June 30, 2010 4:41 pm

    We need to control the Hajj Fund managers.


  8. 8 | June 30, 2010 4:42 pm

    justin case wrote:

    the saudis are proof positive that every man has a price, including presidents.

    Now might be the time for a MOAB to meet the Ka’aba.


  9. Speranza
    9 | June 30, 2010 4:42 pm

    Has Obama bowed again to them? Oh yeah that’s right -- he never bowed the first time he was merely bending down to tie his hsoes.


  10. Speranza
    10 | June 30, 2010 4:42 pm

    PIMF -- shoes


  11. 11 | June 30, 2010 4:44 pm

    @ Rodan:
    The GOP elites are acting like the Contract with America was a bad idea.

    They deserve to go down in defeat as much as do the Dems.


  12. citizen_q
    12 | June 30, 2010 4:46 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    Fuck Saudi Arabia.

    Hear! Hear!

    Oil ticks!

    The small company I worked for in the mid 90s had a contract with king faisel Hospital in riyadh. I could not talk to this client, because the contract stipulated they they did not have any Jews on staff.


  13. citizen_q
    13 | June 30, 2010 4:49 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    Remember the pictures of him holding hands?

    Ugh! definitely in the category of things once seen that can’t be unseen.


  14. mjazz
    14 | June 30, 2010 4:49 pm

    FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

    Rodan wrote:
    Fuck Saudi Arabia.
    Considering the sexual proclivities of a lot of Muslims who are repressed by Islam and the Koran, ummm, no thanks! STDs galore!

    I was thinking of what we used to say in high school:
    I wouldn’t f them with your dick.


  15. 15 | June 30, 2010 4:50 pm

    FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

    1389AD wrote:
    Of course Obozo is completely on board with all of that…if it hurts America, Israel, or Christianity, it’s fine with him…
    Bush was also great friends with the Saudis, despite who the majority of the 9/11 jihadis were, this is not something new that Barry started since ascending his Imperial Throne.

    That is at the root of many of the mistakes that both Bush Presidents have made. The Saudis are no friends to anybody.


  16. justin case
    16 | June 30, 2010 4:50 pm

    fuck em they play games, the nation of islam is regarded as kuffer by islam but they allow them to do the hajj, but wont allow anybody else into there.
    every fucking year on the bbc there is some shitty old fart that has been longing to do the old hajj but cant cos he is a smelly old meths drinker, and some dappy liberal pays his air fair and the cameras follow him around on his devil worshiping free trip, and it ends with a big smile on his graggy old face, while thinking he has got one over on the smelly infidel once again. rubbish


  17. 17 | June 30, 2010 4:50 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    Rodan wrote:
    Fuck Saudi Arabia.
    Hear! Hear!
    Oil ticks!
    The small company I worked for in the mid 90s had a contract with king faisel Hospital in riyadh. I could not talk to this client, because the contract stipulated they they did not have any Jews on staff.

    Of course, nobody thinks of boycotting any Saudi business that won’t deal with Jews.


  18. citizen_q
    18 | June 30, 2010 4:51 pm

    FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

    justin case wrote:
    the saudis are proof positive that every man has a price, including presidents.

    Now might be the time for a MOAB to meet the Ka’aba.

    Better yet, nuke it! Make shish Ka’aba!


  19. 19 | June 30, 2010 4:56 pm

    @ citizen_q:
    A MOAB has the boominess of a nuke without the side effects of lingering radiation.

    So dropping a MOAB is the Green Solution! ;)


  20. justin case
    20 | June 30, 2010 4:56 pm

    @ citizen_q:
    wont be long before obama is down there kissing the old black metorite and getting off on it.


  21. citizen_q
    21 | June 30, 2010 4:56 pm

    1389AD wrote:

    Of course, nobody thinks of boycotting any Saudi business that won’t deal with Jews.

    Or perpetuating the lie about apartheid in Israel, much less talk about how islam segragates the world into the house of islam and the house of war.


  22. justin case
    22 | June 30, 2010 4:59 pm

    saudi buisness, oh you mean camel breeding, how can you boycott that.


  23. citizen_q
    23 | June 30, 2010 5:00 pm

    justin case wrote:

    @ citizen_q:
    wont be long before obama is down there kissing the old black metorite and getting off on it.

    I wonder why no one examines the link between islamic misogyny and the ultimate act in the haj is kissing the holy meteorite housed in a vagina.


  24. mjazz
    24 | June 30, 2010 5:02 pm

    @ 1389AD:

    That is at the root of many of the mistakes that both Bush Presidents have made. The Saudis are no friends to anybody.

    Exactly. All the protestors were holding up signs saying “no blood for oil” and when Bush goes to the Saudis, hat in hand, begging for increased oil production, they say “We’ll do so when the market warrants it”. Adding insult to injury, this was after we kicked Hussein out of Kuwait for them.


  25. citizen_q
    25 | June 30, 2010 5:02 pm

    FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

    @ citizen_q:
    A MOAB has the boominess of a nuke without the side effects of lingering radiation.
    So dropping a MOAB is the Green Solution!

    Whats wrong with a little lingering radiation?

    Besides the survivors can polish glass that used to be sand into a solar reflector. Now that is green energy!


  26. 26 | June 30, 2010 5:03 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    justin case wrote:
    @ citizen_q:
    wont be long before obama is down there kissing the old black metorite and getting off on it.

    I wonder why no one examines the link between islamic misogyny and the ultimate act in the haj is kissing the holy meteorite housed in a vagina.

    I’d rather kiss Osiris’ member than a space idol enclosed in a silver vulva.


  27. justin case
    27 | June 30, 2010 5:04 pm

    @ citizen_q:
    because its only racists like us that can see it, and point it out, we are the problem, and we are trouble makers against the peaceful followers of islam.


  28. 28 | June 30, 2010 5:06 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    Whats wrong with a little lingering radiation?

    It would make recovering oil a whole lot harder and dangerous for the Western workers.


  29. justin case
    29 | June 30, 2010 5:08 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    i dont think there are too many wells in a 50 mile radious of mecca,


  30. 30 | June 30, 2010 5:08 pm

    @ citizen_q:
    Barry made it look like he wanted to fellate the Saudi Prince.


  31. mjazz
    31 | June 30, 2010 5:08 pm

    @ citizen_q:

    The small company I worked for in the mid 90s had a contract with king faisel Hospital in riyadh. I could not talk to this client, because the contract stipulated they they did not have any Jews on staff.

    Yet the Iranians claim they are allowing Israelis to land there.


  32. justin case
    32 | June 30, 2010 5:09 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    he knows his place.


  33. 33 | June 30, 2010 5:09 pm

    justin case wrote:

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    i dont think there are too many wells in a 50 mile radious of mecca,

    Mecca wouldn’t be the only recipient of a MOAB “candy gram”.


  34. justin case
    34 | June 30, 2010 5:11 pm

    @ mjazz:
    saudis are shitting bricks about the shia muslims having control over the middle east.


  35. 35 | June 30, 2010 5:11 pm

    @ mjazz:
    Twice we spanked Saddam, and have yet to see an extra drop of oil for the expended blood and treasure.


  36. 36 | June 30, 2010 5:12 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    For all we know, he might be doing that right now.


  37. mjazz
    37 | June 30, 2010 5:13 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    lol!
    Saudi: “Not in public, Barry!”


  38. justin case
    38 | June 30, 2010 5:13 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    you dont seriously expect them to like us do you.


  39. 39 | June 30, 2010 5:14 pm

    @ justin case:
    We don’t need them to like us. We need them to fear us.


  40. justin case
    40 | June 30, 2010 5:17 pm

    @ 1389AD:
    yeah right the saudi royal family knows that if it all goes tits up for them. there is a bolt hole in america for them and their billions of dollers and live the rest of their lives in protected liberal cosyness.


  41. justin case
    41 | June 30, 2010 5:19 pm

    @ 1389AD:
    you dont fear people that continually lick your boots.


  42. 42 | June 30, 2010 5:19 pm

    justin case wrote:

    @ 1389AD:
    yeah right the saudi royal family knows that if it all goes tits up for them. there is a bolt hole in america for them and their billions of dollers and live the rest of their lives in protected liberal cosyness.

    We can only hope the Saudi Royal Family gets the Shah treatment.


  43. mjazz
    43 | June 30, 2010 5:19 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    I think they have billion$ in surplus also.
    Time to send them emails with pics of hot chicks saying they have been kidnapped by Christians and forced to convert.
    “Deposit $10,000 in this account and they will free me and I will do anything for you.”
    Then, so they don’t get suspicious, ship them a crack whore with AIDS.


  44. justin case
    44 | June 30, 2010 5:20 pm

    @ 1389AD:
    the fuckers had a real fear of saddam, but we put paid to that.


  45. 45 | June 30, 2010 5:20 pm

    justin case wrote:

    @ 1389AD:
    you dont fear people that continually lick your boots.

    All Barry did with the drilling moratorium is let the Saudis get a tighter hold on our balls.


  46. snowcrash
    46 | June 30, 2010 5:21 pm

    Candygram? That makes me think of that SNL Landshark skit. A long time ago I used to think SNL was sooo funny. LOL


  47. lobo91
    47 | June 30, 2010 5:22 pm

    snowcrash wrote:

    Candygram? That makes me think of that SNL Landshark skit. A long time ago I used to think SNL was sooo funny. LOL

    A long time ago, SNL was funny.


  48. 48 | June 30, 2010 5:23 pm

    justin case wrote:

    @ 1389AD:
    the fuckers had a real fear of saddam, but we put paid to that.

    we should have let them all fight it out, telling them that if any of them messed with us denied us access to oil, they’ll be toast. And then do exactly that.


  49. 49 | June 30, 2010 5:23 pm

    mjazz wrote:

    I think they have billion$ in surplus also.

    Billions that would be making a difference in OUR economy if we had expanded domestic oil production instead of caving to the environazis and the oil ticks.


  50. mjazz
    50 | June 30, 2010 5:24 pm

    I reiterate:
    The Christian hating, Israel hating, Conservative hating, Communist/Socialist/Islam loving loons finally got their man into the office of the Presidency of the most powerful country in the world, and everything he tries to accomplish turns to dust.
    Proof there is a God.


  51. 51 | June 30, 2010 5:24 pm

    Wow, just watching Glen Beck, man I really really really hope he has some former Shin Bet and Mossad people working for him as security…


  52. snowcrash
    52 | June 30, 2010 5:24 pm

    @ lobo91:
    But what if we were just young and stupid? Then what? LOL


  53. 53 | June 30, 2010 5:24 pm

    lobo91 wrote:

    A long time ago, SNL was funny.

    Couldn’t prove that by me.


  54. citizen_q
    54 | June 30, 2010 5:26 pm

    mjazz wrote:

    Yet the Iranians claim they are allowing Israelis to land there.

    Probably propaganda, but is surprises me not that the saudis would hold their nose and look the other way to have kafir even Jews do their fighting for them.


  55. mjazz
    55 | June 30, 2010 5:26 pm

    @ mjazz:
    Or:
    “Barry, I had quite a bit to drink last night and I’m afraid you got the wrong impression.”


  56. 56 | June 30, 2010 5:27 pm

    snowcrash wrote:

    Candygram? That makes me think of that SNL Landshark skit. A long time ago I used to think SNL was sooo funny. LOL

    My candy gram reference comes from a video made for the old Amiga computer system during the first Gulf War that had a cruise missile doing the schtick with Saddam at one of his palaces. It was a hoot. ;)


  57. mjazz
    57 | June 30, 2010 5:29 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    The very least they could do is pay us back for our expenditures. Maybe even with interest.
    But give it directly to the citizens.


  58. citizen_q
    58 | June 30, 2010 5:30 pm

    1389AD wrote:

    justin case wrote:
    @ 1389AD:
    the fuckers had a real fear of saddam, but we put paid to that.
    we should have let them all fight it out, telling them that if any of them messed with us denied us access to oil, they’ll be toast. And then do exactly that.

    Let them? If we were smart and good, we should have arraigned for and encouraged it. We need to exploit divisions within the ummah, and get them to fight amongst themselves as much as possible.


  59. 59 | June 30, 2010 5:31 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    mjazz wrote:
    Yet the Iranians claim they are allowing Israelis to land there.
    Probably propaganda, but is surprises me not that the saudis would hold their nose and look the other way to have kafir even Jews do their fighting for them.

    Would mean less kuffirs and Jews to fight when they do jihad.


  60. justin case
    60 | June 30, 2010 5:33 pm

    the old saudis were so scared of bin laden starting a revolution in saudi arabia, they used to pay him off with whatever he wanted, a fleet of toyota land cruisers, no problem, pathetic and we said nothing.


  61. 61 | June 30, 2010 5:39 pm

    mjazz wrote:

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    The very least they could do is pay us back for our expenditures. Maybe even with interest.
    But give it directly to the citizens.

    Gratitude? From Muslims?! To Kuffirs?!?

    My, you really are naive. ;)


  62. snowcrash
    62 | June 30, 2010 5:40 pm

    @ doriangrey:
    Beck is going off on Rep Pete Stark right now. Unbelievable townhall type video. Stark is a disgrace.


  63. 63 | June 30, 2010 5:41 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:

    Barry O calls that a feature


  64. 64 | June 30, 2010 5:44 pm

    Iron Fist wrote:

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    Barry O calls that a feature…

    And gets him all hot….


  65. mjazz
    65 | June 30, 2010 5:46 pm

    Hyena Muslims


  66. 66 | June 30, 2010 5:49 pm

    @ mjazz:

    The Bushes were suckers of the House of Saud.


  67. 67 | June 30, 2010 5:50 pm

    @ justin case:

    Nope, our elites are afarid of the House of Saud.


  68. 68 | June 30, 2010 5:53 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ mjazz:
    The Bushes were suckers of the House of Saud.

    Not just the Bushes, but they were men who should have known better.


  69. mjazz
    69 | June 30, 2010 5:54 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    And the politicians would let them give it directly to us and the IRS would tell us we didn’t have to declare it as income. :p


  70. 70 | June 30, 2010 5:55 pm

    snowcrash wrote:

    @ doriangrey:
    Beck is going off on Rep Pete Stark right now. Unbelievable townhall type video. Stark is a disgrace.

    Yup…


  71. 71 | June 30, 2010 5:59 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:

    I’m not fan of the Bush Clan. They are Muzzie lovers.


  72. 72 | June 30, 2010 6:00 pm

    Nice post. But what else do you expect from the country that hosted an interfaith dialogue in a city where non-Moslems get the death penalty for daring to enter? If there is any proof that the religion of piss peace is not what it claims, then a holiday there should cure that.


  73. 74 | June 30, 2010 6:04 pm

    @ mjazz:

    That is the biggest disgrace of the Iraq War. We didn’t protect the Christians in Iraq. their numbers are 1/2 of what it was before the war. Yet we will protect Mosques.

    See a pattern here?


  74. 75 | June 30, 2010 6:05 pm

    @ mjazz:

    The persecution of Christians in Moslem countries turns my stomach. I would love for Middle Eastern Christians to have their own state where they could worship as they see fit without fear of death, forced conversion, and persecution.


  75. 76 | June 30, 2010 6:05 pm

    @ We Are Government:

    Our Elites love the Sauds. They are a criminal regime.


  76. 77 | June 30, 2010 6:07 pm

    @ Rodan:

    Unfortunately, I think it is because terrorism works. How many coptic Christians have been caught plotting holy war on the West? We don’t fear them, so we ignore them. Moslems have intimidated us by launching attacks here, and we have largely given in.


  77. 78 | June 30, 2010 6:08 pm

    @ Rodan:

    They are reprehensible and the antithesis of American core values. How are you today Rodan?


  78. 79 | June 30, 2010 6:09 pm

    @ We Are Government:

    Good packing up to my trip to Pittsburgh. I will be spending the weekend with Coldwarrior and his family.


  79. 80 | June 30, 2010 6:11 pm

    @ We Are Government:

    I would love for Middle Eastern Christians to have their own state where they could worship as they see fit without fear of death, forced conversion, and persecution.

    Lebanon, I have propose that Lebanese Shia be sent to Iraq, Lebanese Sunni to Syria and in return all Middle Christians move to Lebanon. Plus some Non Middle East Christians as well.


  80. m
    81 | June 30, 2010 6:12 pm

    doriangrey wrote:

    Wow, just watching Glen Beck, man I really really really hope he has some former Shin Bet and Mossad people working for him as security…

    Ha! I have it taped and was thinking about watching it. Now I know I will.


  81. mjazz
    82 | June 30, 2010 6:13 pm

    @ Rodan:
    Right after 9/11 they were allowed to leave the country when our borders were secured.


  82. 83 | June 30, 2010 6:14 pm

    @ m:

    Good evening there!


  83. 84 | June 30, 2010 6:15 pm

    m wrote:

    doriangrey wrote:
    Wow, just watching Glen Beck, man I really really really hope he has some former Shin Bet and Mossad people working for him as security…

    Ha! I have it taped and was thinking about watching it. Now I know I will.

    Oh, you’ll love it, especially the part where he start’s taking pot shot’s at Obama and Putin over the 11 Russian spy’s just arrested.


  84. mjazz
    85 | June 30, 2010 6:15 pm

    @ Rodan:
    And the msm ignores it.


  85. 86 | June 30, 2010 6:15 pm

    @ Rodan:

    Sounds like fun! You can officially down a couple of beers on my behalf:-)

    I agree. Lebanon would actually be a place I’d want to visit after that. Given 20 years, their development would far outstrip their other neighbors, and Christians could be Christians without the constant fear of death, kidnap, or forced conversion. The West has been negligent with respect to these people, who are true victims in the Middle East.


  86. 87 | June 30, 2010 6:16 pm

    @ mjazz:

    Exactly!


  87. 88 | June 30, 2010 6:17 pm

    @ We Are Government:

    Plus it would be a great neighbor for Israel. The trade and tourism between a Christian Lebanon and Israel would be beneficial for both sides.


  88. citizen_q
    89 | June 30, 2010 6:17 pm

    We Are Government wrote:

    @ mjazz:
    The persecution of Christians in Moslem countries turns my stomach. I would love for Middle Eastern Christians to have their own state where they could worship as they see fit without fear of death, forced conversion, and persecution.

    I agree we squandered blood and treasure to further muzzie supremacisim?

    Personally I would love to see a world free of scourge of islam, then all could worship, or not worship as their conscience directs.


  89. m
    90 | June 30, 2010 6:17 pm

    @ Rodan:

    What’s going on Rodan? I’m jealous, you know that don’t you? I wanna meet coldwarrior and family too!


  90. 91 | June 30, 2010 6:18 pm

    @ Rodan:

    The MSM is lazy and incompetent. More quality material has been posted on the Blogmocracry in the past 48 hours than on CNN/BBC/NBC in the past 12 months.


  91. citizen_q
    92 | June 30, 2010 6:20 pm

    We Are Government wrote:

    The MSM is lazy and incompetent.

    I guess that I am a cynic. I believe the MSM to be complicit, or at best useful idiots.


  92. 93 | June 30, 2010 6:21 pm

    @ Rodan:

    Additionally, with a strong Kurdistan, certain parts of the region would blossom. And anyone converting to Christianity would have a nearby safe haven for them and their family. Would love to see the UNSC take that up.

    I can dream, can’t I?


  93. 94 | June 30, 2010 6:22 pm

    @ citizen_q:

    We certainly screwed the pooch on that one, but I think a lot of it is our own fault for not taking Islamists at their word.


  94. mjazz
    95 | June 30, 2010 6:23 pm

    @ We Are Government:
    There is a group of Pakistani Christians that is calling for a seperate homeland, where Muslim lawyers threaten to burn alive anyone who defends murdered Christians.
    We need someone who will help these people, Sarah Palin probably would.


  95. 96 | June 30, 2010 6:24 pm

    @ citizen_q:

    All of the above. Much of it is just pure incompetence. A lot of it is that they want mini news bitelets that fit preconceived themes, such as rich vs. poor. And in the case of Obama, they are actively packaging opinion as unbiased news. Scary, really.


  96. 97 | June 30, 2010 6:25 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    We Are Government wrote:

    The MSM is lazy and incompetent.

    I guess that I am a cynic. I believe the MSM to be complicit, or at best useful idiots.

    Being complicit still doesn’t negate being lazy and incompetent.


  97. 98 | June 30, 2010 6:26 pm

    @ mjazz:

    Of course, it is difficult to live in a country with blasphemy laws; naturally, not accepting Mohammed is largely considered blasphemy and is a capital offense. They need their own homeland, but until it happens, I think the West should rescue as many of them as possible.


  98. 99 | June 30, 2010 6:26 pm

    @ m:

    Yeah It would of been cool if could of came.


  99. 100 | June 30, 2010 6:27 pm

    We Are Government wrote:

    @ citizen_q:
    All of the above. Much of it is just pure incompetence. A lot of it is that they want mini news bitelets that fit preconceived themes, such as rich vs. poor. And in the case of Obama, they are actively packaging opinion as unbiased news. Scary, really.

    That is the essence of journalism, opinion as news. The MFM doesn’t just use it on Barry, everything get the treatment, but he gets the most coverage.


  100. 101 | June 30, 2010 6:29 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:

    How’s your cat doing?


  101. m
    102 | June 30, 2010 6:30 pm

    @ Rodan:

    Too much crap going on for this one. Next time! I don’t drink, but y’all gotta drink a few for me too anyway! LOL!


  102. 103 | June 30, 2010 6:32 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:

    It is fine if they want to provide editorials/opinion pieces, but they should make that explicit. I’ve scarcely read a piece in British piece in years that wasn’t an editorial masquerading as news. CNN could never even live up to that. They are infotainment central. Barry has been the recipient of a lot of positive “news”, but it looks like even the press can’t keep him afloat indefinitely.


  103. 104 | June 30, 2010 6:34 pm

    @ m:

    I already told Rodan to drink for me. This could lead to severe kuffar style intoxication!

    It’s kuffarapalooza.


  104. 105 | June 30, 2010 6:35 pm

    @ We Are Government:
    The Alphabet networks, cable included, are just Barry propaganda outlets. They try to portray Barry as cool and sophisticated, JFK redux. All I see is a grown up geeky Urkel, yet Barry isn’t the genius Urkel was.


  105. 106 | June 30, 2010 6:36 pm

    @ m:

    Will do!


  106. 107 | June 30, 2010 6:36 pm

    Rodan wrote:

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    How’s your cat doing?

    Stretched out on the window sill soaking up the rare bit of sun we’ve had so far this year.


  107. 108 | June 30, 2010 6:39 pm

    We Are Government wrote:

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    It is fine if they want to provide editorials/opinion pieces, but they should make that explicit. I’ve scarcely read a piece in British piece in years that wasn’t an editorial masquerading as news. CNN could never even live up to that. They are infotainment central. Barry has been the recipient of a lot of positive “news”, but it looks like even the press can’t keep him afloat indefinitely.

    One of the best things about the early years of the Republic was the openness about the Partisan Media. Left or Right, a paper was PROUD to show their bias. Edward R. Murrow and his peers gave the media the patina of objectivity so as to make it easier to hide the true agenda.


  108. 109 | June 30, 2010 6:39 pm

    Former Ohio congressman and FoxNews correspondent John Kasich within 1 point of Incumbent Governor Ted Strickland…


  109. 110 | June 30, 2010 6:41 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:

    When I look at Barry, I can’t help but think of all of the 19 year olds who think they could make the world a better place if they were in power. This is exactly what it would look like. A lot of parties with foreign leaders that don’t respect you, a lot of whining, plenty of wealth redistribution, lots of government takeovers, and a complete inability to let our economy return to productivity. Congratulations. We have our first teenage presidency.


  110. buzzsawmonkey
    111 | June 30, 2010 6:44 pm

    FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

    All I see is a grown up geeky Urkel, yet Barry isn’t the genius Urkel was.

    Maybe he can at least aspire to Pilsner Urkel, if he has another beer summit.


  111. 112 | June 30, 2010 6:45 pm

    @ doriangrey:

    The fact he’s within 1 is good. They have launched an Alinsky style attacks on him.


  112. 113 | June 30, 2010 6:45 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:

    I agree. Stated bias is o.k. No one expects honest reporting from Michael Moore. They expect 90 minutes of communist politburo pop that the soviets would have done if they had had the money for the expensive equipment and production. (Ironically, this sophistication is largely available in capitalist countries.) The real problem is outfits like the BBC and CNN that present opinion as news, which is most certainly isn’t.


  113. 114 | June 30, 2010 6:47 pm

    FurryOldGuyJeans yet Barry isn’t the genius Urkel was.

    He doesn’t even have an adorable catch phrase. “Bush did that!” is not nearly as endearing as “Did I do that?”


  114. citizen_q
    115 | June 30, 2010 6:48 pm

    @ We Are Government:
    Sorry, had to step away.

    You are far more eloquent than I.


  115. 116 | June 30, 2010 6:50 pm

    citizen_q wrote:

    @ We Are Government:
    Sorry, had to step away.

    You are far more eloquent than I.

    I’ve got a list of ex-girlfriends that would beg to differ, but I’ll take it as a compliment anyway.


  116. 117 | June 30, 2010 6:53 pm

    @ We Are Government:
    Michael Moore IS treated as if he were an unbiased source by many people on the Left/Left of Middle.


  117. buzzsawmonkey
    118 | June 30, 2010 6:56 pm

    FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:

    Michael Moore IS treated as if he were an unbiased source by many people on the Left/Left of Middle.

    That’s because it’s difficult to imagine someone so nearly spherical having a slant.


  118. 119 | June 30, 2010 6:58 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:

    I’m quite happy that his past couple of films have been absolute flops. It’s only people that are so far left that appreciate it anyway. I saw him once in London. He’s got, surprise surprise, a chronic case of asshole-itis. He loves to abuse people beneath him and behaves like a tyrant.


  119. 120 | June 30, 2010 6:59 pm

    @ buzzsawmonkey:

    Ding ding ding, thread winner.


  120. citizen_q
    121 | June 30, 2010 6:59 pm

    buzzsawmonkey wrote:

    FurryOldGuyJeans wrote:
    Michael Moore IS treated as if he were an unbiased source by many people on the Left/Left of Middle.
    That’s because it’s difficult to imagine someone so nearly spherical of having a slant.

    I would expect something so spherical and worldly to have seasons, implying tilting of its axis of rotation.


  121. 122 | June 30, 2010 7:00 pm

    We Are Government wrote:

    FurryOldGuyJeans yet Barry isn’t the genius Urkel was.
    He doesn’t even have an adorable catch phrase. “Bush did that!” is not nearly as endearing as “Did I do that?”

    But he’s got that squeaky nerd voice. My cat sure hates it when she hears Barry speaks, even if she is asleep. She hisses and spits.

    I learned early on that if I watch the news I don’t let her on my lap.


  122. 123 | June 30, 2010 7:03 pm

    Oh, and Christopher Hitchen’s has esophageal cancer. I hope that such a first hand examination of his own mortality produces a change in his heart towards those of the Christian faith.


  123. 124 | June 30, 2010 7:03 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:

    I just can’t take all of the whining and non-stop campaigning. The guy apparently doesn’t realize that he won in 2008. He’s gone from causing leg tingles to being the world’s scratchiest record.


  124. 125 | June 30, 2010 7:08 pm

    We Are Government wrote:

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    I just can’t take all of the whining and non-stop campaigning. The guy apparently doesn’t realize that he won in 2008. He’s gone from causing leg tingles to being the world’s scratchiest record.

    Oh, he knows he won, he just doesn’t want anyone forget it, ever.

    Remember his petulant outburst at Congressional Republicans who were asking for bipartisanship shortly after his inauguration?


  125. Empire1
    126 | June 30, 2010 7:08 pm

    We Are Government wrote:

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    When I look at Barry, I can’t help but think of all of the 19 year olds who think they could make the world a better place if they were in power. This is exactly what it would look like. A lot of parties with foreign leaders that don’t respect you, a lot of whining, plenty of wealth redistribution, lots of government takeovers, and a complete inability to let our economy return to productivity. Congratulations. We have our first teenage presidency.

    Hmm. I think you’ve got it pegged.


  126. 127 | June 30, 2010 7:14 pm

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:

    I personally think he doesn’t even want to be president. This role is too small for him; He would rather be head of the UN or some other body where third worlders could applaud his every bowel movement.


  127. 128 | June 30, 2010 7:30 pm

    We Are Government wrote:

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    I personally think he doesn’t even want to be president. This role is too small for him; He would rather be head of the UN or some other body where third worlders could applaud his every bowel movement.

    Every political office he has ever held was but a stepping stone for higher office. Even Secretary General of the UN would be too limiting for Barry, he sees being President (for Life) of the World as his due.


  128. lobo91
    129 | June 30, 2010 7:57 pm

    We Are Government wrote:

    @ FurryOldGuyJeans:
    I personally think he doesn’t even want to be president. This role is too small for him; He would rather be head of the UN or some other body where third worlders could applaud his every bowel movement.

    Secretary General of the UN is about the most worthless job out there.

    It’s a nice title, but the position carries no actual power. You’re basically the head of a third world debating society.


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David