The Anti-Hollywood

by Kafir ( 194 Comments › )
Filed under Blogmocracy, Media, Open thread at August 15th, 2010 - 7:00 pm

I’m putting up the BLOGMOCRACY LIVE! thread a little early to give you guys time to check out the short film below brought to you by a group of independent, anti-Hollywood filmmakers dedicated to promoting the principles of the Constitution.

Watch This – There will be a test!

Mr. Mullen: An Independent Horror Film from AmCitzMvmt on Vimeo.

(left to right) Composer Mark Nadolski, Star Chris Margaritis,
and Director Scott Goldberg in ACM’s MR. MULLEN.
Photo Credit: Carissa Lynelle.
© 2010 AMERICAN CITIZENS MOVEMENT, LLC. All Rights Reserved

See also:

The Militia 15 (2010): http://www.themilitia15film.com

Loss of Hope (2008): http:///www.lossofhopefilm.com

Blogmocracy LIVE! will start at 8pm eastern time, as usual!

Enjoy the show ~!!

Call in and join us! 1 (347) 996-5447
Email the gmail for a toll free number!
blogmocracy @ gmail .com

Listen to internet radio with The Blogmocracy on Blog Talk Radio

Tags: , ,

Comments

194 Responses to “The Anti-Hollywood”

1. Possum
    1 | August 15, 2010 7:02 pm

Laughing, Um….

I wonder what reminded you?

See ya in an hour.

2 | August 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Everybody must be watching it:-)

3 | August 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Well, that was disgusting.

A movie about someone who appears to be the Unaknifer, that is supposedly being sold as an anthem of disgust with our current politics?

No, thanks.

4. snork
    4 | August 15, 2010 7:38 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I’m going to hold my fire and wait for the other shoe to drop. I hope there’s a point to this.

5. 5 | August 15, 2010 7:39 pm

It didn’t capture me, so I went back to the previous thread. I’m not much for little indy flicks, anyway.

6. rain of lead
    6 | August 15, 2010 7:43 pm

ohhh I want in on this!

Is Snapped Shot’s “Israeli Nuke Strike Betting Pool” About To End?

In June, DMartyr @ Snapped Shot opened up a Israeli Nuke Strike Betting Pool .

Aug 21 is the target date, via Gerald

Bushehr reactor…once the rods are in, Israel can no longer attack reactor because of spreading radiation. Aug. 21 activation date: Ruskies.

6 days to Israel hit on Bushehr, is Russia blowing smoke?

The Bartender noted:
    this would be 3 days after Prez O arrives at Martha’s Vineyard on the 19th.
    Russians blowing smoke?

HEY ADMINS!
    this blog needs to get in on some of that sweet action
    other blogs are offering cool prizes, why can’t we?

7. 7 | August 15, 2010 7:46 pm

@ rain of lead:

Israel won’t hit Bushehr. In and of itself, Bushehr doesn’t matter. What matters are the centrifuges that are enriching uranium for making a bomb. That is what we all should be concerned by, and only the USA has the capability to take them out. Obama won’t raise a hand against fellow Mohammedans, so that isn’t happening. An ill wind is blowing, and Obama is siding with the Muzz, just as he promised.

8. rain of lead
    8 | August 15, 2010 7:48 pm

9 | August 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Israel does not have the means in and of itself of taking out Iran’s nuclear facilities. People need to wake up to that.

10. rain of lead
    10 | August 15, 2010 7:51 pm

now this is funny

11. 11 | August 15, 2010 7:53 pm

7 mins left

12. 12 | August 15, 2010 7:55 pm

The bad language turned me off.

13 | August 15, 2010 7:57 pm

As you can see I was commenting at #2…I didn’t last long at the video

14. Doppelganger
    14 | August 15, 2010 7:57 pm

I could swear that was the voice of Rodan

15 | August 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

The bad language turned me off.

Me too!

16. 16 | August 15, 2010 8:00 pm

@ Speranza:
    “f” this, “cksucker” that. All that anger and bitterness. Who needs it? I couldn’t watch the whole thing.

17 | August 15, 2010 8:00 pm

To me the anti Hollywood would have pro Americans kicking ass. Many different accents including an Alaskan accent.

18 | August 15, 2010 8:00 pm

snork wrote:

Probably wise, but my impression was extremely unfavorable. Hollywood has been selling us “the evil banks and politicians” for decades now, and selling us all manner of serial killers—disgusting serial killers, serial killers With A Cause, serial killers With An Excuse, yadda yadda and f*cking yadda—for nearly as long.

Thus, from what I have seen of the clip above, there is nothing—not a thing—”anti-Hollywood” about this offering. To the contrary, it is the same old stupid, simplistic, one-dimensionally-violent Hollywood trash, being sold (as it always is) as some sort of Deeply Significant Statement.

Pfui.

19. 19 | August 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Same here.

Plus, I HATE the extra-wide format.

It looks as though the world is being viewed through a niqab eye-slit.

20. 20 | August 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

The bad language turned me off.

I kept thinking that was Rodan narrating. But he wouldn’t spout that extremist garbage.

21. Eliana
    21 | August 15, 2010 8:02 pm

@ Speranza:

If Israel hits Iran, I don’t think the nuclear facilities will be the targets.

The facilities wouldn’t matter if not for the Mullahs and Iran’s Republican Guard. If the nuclear facilities were taken out while the Mullahs and Iran’s Republican Guard remain in control -- the danger to Israel wouldn’t be removed.

Iran is already attacking Israel through all its proxies which would still be dangers to Israel if the Mullahs and Iran’s Republican Guard were still standing after an attack on Iran.

Israel has to go for the head of the snake, IMO.

Once this is done, the nuclear facilities can come down over time.

22. 22 | August 15, 2010 8:02 pm

@ waldensianspirit:
    Anti-Hollywood would be totally positive about America with a happy ending. And the women wouldn’t have to be hardened sluts to be heroes or lead characters.

23. m
    23 | August 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Player is there!

24. 24 | August 15, 2010 8:04 pm

@ Bunk X:

More like the Sopranos. The anti-corporate stuff made it sound like a lefist rant. I wasn’t interested enough to try to find out.

25. m
    25 | August 15, 2010 8:06 pm

That is Scott Goldberg and Mark Nadolski on the show!

26. 26 | August 15, 2010 8:07 pm

this is great!

27. Bagua
    27 | August 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Bushehr is critical as it provides an additional path to nuclear weapons and can’t be destroyed from the air once it goes hot.

28. snork
    28 | August 15, 2010 8:10 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Agreed. I’m hoping that this is going to turn out to be something that Chucky is pushing, but it’s starting to not look that way.

This kind of unfocused IED of anger isn’t a good thing.

29. NoThreat2U
    29 | August 15, 2010 8:11 pm

Hey Miss M? Since I did my factory restore, I lost all my info re this blog. Could you please resend me the phone number again? Thank you kindly ma’am :)

30. snork
    30 | August 15, 2010 8:13 pm

@ Urban Infidel:

This is the difference between righteous indignation and populist pap. Yes, most politicians are crooks, and yes, their brazenness is on the rise, but no, we’re not terrorists.

31. Doppelganger
    31 | August 15, 2010 8:14 pm

I thought that was a very cool flick

32 | August 15, 2010 8:15 pm

@ snork:

Frank Capra was perfectly clear-eyed about the power-hunger and venality of (some) politicians and businessmen. So, in his own way, was Preston Sturges, who also addressed the hypocrisies and and conformities of ordinary people. Neither of them needed to resort to serial killers to get their ideas across; neither of them were so debased and so lacking in faith in their fellow-citizens, nor so impoverished of imagination, that they had to use sluttishness, vulgarity, and murder as the means for communicating their outrage at the shortcomings of America—and they managed to communicate, at the same time, some element of love for America and Americans, notwithstanding the flaws they saw and savaged.

33. 33 | August 15, 2010 8:18 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ Bunk X:

Ditto. I might have to watch it again though, because our own personal welfare state was whining for their catfood.

34 | August 15, 2010 8:19 pm

Bunk X wrote:

our own personal welfare state was whining for their catfood.

“Catfood—if it’s good enough for Wumples, it’s good enough for Granny.”

35. 35 | August 15, 2010 8:19 pm

m wrote:

That is Scott Goldberg and Mark Nadolski on the show!

Sorry, never heard of either of them. That’s not a slam, I’m listening.

36. 36 | August 15, 2010 8:20 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Bunk X wrote:
    our own personal welfare state was whining for their catfood.
    “Catfood—if it’s good enough for Wumples, it’s good enough for Granny.”

Nope. Kibble for granny. Catfood’s too expensive.

37 | August 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Bunk X wrote:

Nope. Kibble for granny. Catfood’s too expensive.

She’s gonna have to borrow her sister’s teeth, then.

38. m
    38 | August 15, 2010 8:24 pm

@ Bunk X:

Didn’t think you had. Was pointing it out because the player went up late for those who just started listening. (But it’s in the thread who they are)

It’s self-proclaimed “political horror”.

39. 39 | August 15, 2010 8:24 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Bunk X wrote:
    Nope. Kibble for granny. Catfood’s too expensive.

She’s gonna have to borrow her sister’s teeth, then.

No. I got her a nutcracker for Christmas.

40. 40 | August 15, 2010 8:24 pm

@ Bunk X:
    After listening to the film makers on the show, I’ll take another look.

41. m
    41 | August 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Alex Jones is a loon! Hope they point that out, lol!

42. NoThreat2U
    42 | August 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Sorry if this has been posted but this is some fucked up shit.

43. m
    43 | August 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Oh he did ~:D cool.

44. m
    44 | August 15, 2010 8:26 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I sure will!

45. NoThreat2U
    45 | August 15, 2010 8:28 pm

@ m:

46 | August 15, 2010 8:29 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Sorry if this has been posted but this is some fucked up shit.

I’m sorry Israel can’t embargo Intel chips destined for Harvard.

47. NoThreat2U
    47 | August 15, 2010 8:31 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Yeah, I am waiting for the “bite you in the ass moment” Hahvahd will experience from this.

48 | August 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Speranza

I found the thing painful to listen to,

49 | August 15, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi Carolina Girl!

50. Grimcargo
    50 | August 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Speranza wrote:

Hi Carolina Girl!

what you said

51. 51 | August 15, 2010 8:36 pm

Hey guys call in for questions.

52. 52 | August 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Speranza wrote:

Urban Infidel wrote:
    Speranza
    I found the thing painful to listen to,

You’re telling me. Overlay an audio of cats whining and that’s my take.

53 | August 15, 2010 8:38 pm

American pride without blood or killing:

These films were made, admittedly, in an earlier America, and some things have certainly changed. But I believe that the posters here are intelligent enough to see the many parallel behaviors between the Americans of an earlier day and our America today.

Frank Capra:

American Madness
    Meet John Doe
    Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
    State of the Union
    (this, especially, should be seen)

Preston Sturges:

The Great McGinty (one of the best, and funniest, films about political corruption)
    Sullivan’s Travels (a great poke at Hollywood, and a must-see for anyone who enjoyed “O Brother Where Art Thou?”, which took its title from this film)
    Hail the Conquering Hero
    The Miracle of Morgan’s Creek
    Christmas in July

54 | August 15, 2010 8:39 pm

.Rodan wrote:

Hey guys call in for questions.

I don’t really have any questions

55. F
    55 | August 15, 2010 8:41 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

American pride without blood or killing:

Hollywood will have none of that any more.

The couple of films on your list I have seen make me more than interested in seeing the others.

56. 56 | August 15, 2010 8:41 pm

One question: Are you hiring?

57. F
    57 | August 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Speranza wrote:

.Rodan wrote:

Hey guys call in for questions.

I don’t really have any questions

Ain’t being one of the clueless grand, eh? ;)

58. m
    58 | August 15, 2010 8:42 pm

@ Speranza:

Statements? I know you gots lots of those!

59. Grimcargo
    59 | August 15, 2010 8:43 pm

m wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Statements? I know you gots lots of those!

I have a statement: Trees are dead if they aren’t living.

60. vagabond trader
    60 | August 15, 2010 8:43 pm

@ Speranza:

What a coincidence,I ain’t got any answers. :D

61. 61 | August 15, 2010 8:44 pm

They want an audience to get REALLY bummed out?

62. Grimcargo
    62 | August 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey please don’t make your movies in the dark the way sci fi does.

63. F
    63 | August 15, 2010 8:44 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Speranza:
    What a coincidence,I ain’t got any answers.

Huh? Eh?

WHAT?!?

64 | August 15, 2010 8:45 pm

@ F:

The scene in American Madness in which the run-on-the-bank hysteria builds—something Capra borrowed from when he filmed the bitterly ironic It’s a Wonderful Life years later—is absolutely gripping.

65. F
    65 | August 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Grimcargo wrote:

m wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Statements? I know you gots lots of those!

I have a statement: Trees are dead if they aren’t living.

The leading cause of death is life.

66. Grimcargo
    66 | August 15, 2010 8:46 pm

F wrote:

Grimcargo wrote:
    m wrote:
    @ Speranza:
    Statements? I know you gots lots of those!

I have a statement: Trees are dead if they aren’t living.

The leading cause of death is life.

ROFLMAO

67. Grimcargo
    67 | August 15, 2010 8:47 pm

The rise and fall of the umpire. I understand that.

68. 68 | August 15, 2010 8:47 pm

@ F:
    Are you the one formerly known as FOGJ?

69. F
    69 | August 15, 2010 8:47 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

@ F:

I am going to see if I can get the films I haven’t seen added to my Netflix queue and/or see if the local library might have them.

70. 70 | August 15, 2010 8:48 pm

@ F:

It helps if you look at life as a fatal sexually transmitted disease…

71. F
    71 | August 15, 2010 8:48 pm

@ F:
    Are you the one formerly known as FOGJ?

And not just no, but HELL NO!

Asshole. ;)

72 | August 15, 2010 8:48 pm

m wrote:

@ Speranza:

Statements? I know you gots lots of those!

I’m drawing a blank.

73 | August 15, 2010 8:48 pm

The other must-see film that people should look at, for a view at how silly the concept of “an objective press” is, is the original film of The Front Page, starring Pat O’Brien and Adolphe Menjou. Forget the star-vehicle version His Girl Friday, with Cary Grant.

The Front Page is one of the funniest, most corrosive films ever.

74. F
    74 | August 15, 2010 8:49 pm

Speranza wrote:

m wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Statements? I know you gots lots of those!

I’m drawing a blank.

And I’m overdrawn.

75 | August 15, 2010 8:50 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Speranza:

What a coincidence,I ain’t got any answers.

Ask me no questions I’ll tell you no lies.

76 | August 15, 2010 8:50 pm

F wrote:

I’m overdrawn.

Jessica Rabbit, is that you?

77. F
    77 | August 15, 2010 8:52 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

The Front Page is one of the funniest, most corrosive films ever.

Isn’t that a film that Howard Hughes produced?

78. F
    78 | August 15, 2010 8:53 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

F wrote:

I’m overdrawn.

Jessica Rabbit, is that you?

She wasn’t bad, she was just drawn that way.

79. 79 | August 15, 2010 8:53 pm

@ F:
    Sorry, just axing.

80. Grimcargo
    80 | August 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Edie I mean?

81 | August 15, 2010 8:58 pm

@ F:

No idea.

The Front Page, by former newsman (and later, Irgun supporter) Ben Hecht, was a very, very successful play—and as such, brought to the screen in the early sound era. Its view of news reporters as willing whores, of politicians as cynical exploiters, etc., is unequalled. There are a hundred and more brilliant little digs, double-entendres, hypocrisies, lies, vicious comparisons. One needs to be familiar with the idiom of the time, and be sensitive to Prohibition jokes, to get the full flavor of the film—but it is a joy to watch.

One of the things that almost passes unnoticed today is the realization that “Diamond Louie,” one of the henchmen of the Morning Post in the film, is clearly a gangster—one of the “circulation sluggers” routinely employed by newspapers at that time to beat up newsstand sellers who didn’t give “proper” placement to their newspapers.

82. F
    82 | August 15, 2010 8:59 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    If you referring to the 1931 version of “The Front Page”, Hughes was an uncredited producer.

83. MrPaulRevere
    83 | August 15, 2010 9:00 pm

These guys seem to have their hearts in the right place, but they seem long on complaints and short on solutions.

84 | August 15, 2010 9:01 pm

F wrote:

Yes, it is the 1931 version I am referring to. I didn’t know Hughes was a producer—credited or not—but I don’t see what difference it makes.

85. 85 | August 15, 2010 9:01 pm

@ MrPaulRevere:

Let’s wait and see what else they say.

86. F
    86 | August 15, 2010 9:02 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Coincidentally the director of “The Front Page (1931)”, Lewis Milestone, also directed “All Quiet on the Western Front” the previous year.

87. savages_girl
    87 | August 15, 2010 9:03 pm

@ savage:
    Hey!

Just joining in…

88. F
    88 | August 15, 2010 9:05 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Only makes a difference, slight at best, to me, a self-taught movie student. ;)

Hughes had a talent for being quite iconoclastic when it came to the films he financed and produced, kinda like a real-life Charles Foster Kane.

89 | August 15, 2010 9:07 pm

F wrote:

Milestone was a very popular director back then—and “All Quiet” was a big hit at the time.

Very good movie in its way—wildly antiwar, of course, but the more you read about the horrors of WWI, as far as the stupidities of the generals and the overall carnage, the more you can understand the pacifist sentiment of the time, and even (alas) the appeasement sentiment which permitted Hitler to consolidate his power.

90. 90 | August 15, 2010 9:09 pm

@ savages_girl:

ahh, there you are.

91 | August 15, 2010 9:10 pm

F wrote:

Well, the “real-life Charles Foster Kane,” of course, was William Randolph Hearst—who was pilloried by the Left the way Murdoch and Fox News are pilloried today.

Some day, I hope to be able to look into Hearst’s positions in his later career and truly evaluate whether Hearst was anything like the monster that the Left made him out to be.

92. F
    92 | August 15, 2010 9:10 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    I remember “All Quiet” for being quite an uneven film, very stilted acting at times with some of the most spectacular action scenes that would be hard to improve upon.

93. Possum
    93 | August 15, 2010 9:11 pm

I am an asshole!

94 | August 15, 2010 9:11 pm

F wrote:

I suspect that “All Quiet”, like “Wings” back in the silent era, used actual WWI footage for many of their action scenes.

95. 4_Sticks
    95 | August 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Speakin’ of ultra violent films, I just noticed “No Country For Old Men”
    just started on ‘SpikeTV’. I’ve yet to watch it beginning to end.And
    probably won’t again tonight -- well, maybe just the scene where Woody Harrelson ‘gets it’. Somethings ya just can’t get enough of…

/kiddin’ of course…

96. 96 | August 15, 2010 9:13 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Paths of Glory was like that too.

97. 97 | August 15, 2010 9:13 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

BSW -- funny you should say that -- I just purchased Hearst’s new biography -- “The Chief” -- have you read that?

98. Grimcargo
    98 | August 15, 2010 9:14 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

Speakin’ of ultra violent films, I just noticed “No Country For Old Men”
    just started on ‘SpikeTV’. I’ve yet to watch it beginning to end.And
    probably won’t again tonight – well, maybe just the scene where Woody Harrelson ‘gets it’. Somethings ya just can’t get enough of…
    /kiddin’ of course…

I’ve yet to know what happened in the very end. And seems no one else knows.

99. F
    99 | August 15, 2010 9:14 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Hearst was a deeply flawed man with a lot of money and a lot of power due to his newspaper empire.

We now know how maligned Senator Eugene McCarthy was by the Left, with the little I have been able to dig up about Hearst he has been maligned similarly.

100. 100 | August 15, 2010 9:14 pm

Possum wrote:

I am an asshole!

Hay baybee — If you be an asshole, you be MY kind of asshole!!

101. Lost
    101 | August 15, 2010 9:15 pm

who wants to do the latest update on the Australian election?

102. F
    102 | August 15, 2010 9:15 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    A lot of the footage from WWI, especially the battlefield footage, has now been shown to have been faked.

103. m
    103 | August 15, 2010 9:16 pm

@ Lost:

Yes please!

104 | August 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Lost wrote:

who wants to do the latest update on the Australian election?

Maybe a quick version.

105. 105 | August 15, 2010 9:17 pm

@ Possum:
    I earned this a long time ago.

106. F
    106 | August 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Lost wrote:

who wants to do the latest update on the Australian election?

Any election other than one in the US matters?

(ducks)

/s

107. savages_girl
    107 | August 15, 2010 9:17 pm

@ savage:
    (smiles sleepily and waves)

Hot.

Fell asleep and took a nap…

108. savages_girl
    108 | August 15, 2010 9:18 pm

@ Speranza:
    When are you calling in?

109. m
    109 | August 15, 2010 9:19 pm

@ Possum:

Hey now! Whysat?!

110. 4_Sticks
    110 | August 15, 2010 9:19 pm

@ F:

kinda like a real-life Charles Foster Kane.

Now that right there is funny, I don’t care who you are… :-)

111. Lost
    111 | August 15, 2010 9:19 pm

@ m:
    because you asked so nicely!

I can’t call in but if someone wants to announce it…newspoll:
    Labor leading by 4 points on a 2 party preferred basis
    Julia Gillard is in the lead on the preferred prime minister 50% to Tony Abott’s 35%

112. Lost
    112 | August 15, 2010 9:20 pm

F wrote:

Lost wrote:

who wants to do the latest update on the Australian election?

Any election other than one in the US matters?

(ducks)

/s

When its the prelude to what might happen in the US…you bet!

113. Philip_Daniel
    113 | August 15, 2010 9:23 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

F wrote:
    I’m overdrawn.
    Jessica Rabbit, is that you?

114. 114 | August 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Reginald Denney.

115 | August 15, 2010 9:24 pm

pick up the phone!

116 | August 15, 2010 9:24 pm

pick up the damn phone!!!!

117. MrPaulRevere
    117 | August 15, 2010 9:25 pm

More on Maxine Waters and the LA riots here: http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/individualProfile.asp?indid=1264

118. 118 | August 15, 2010 9:25 pm

@ Grimcargo:

I’ve yet to know what happened in the very end. And seems no one else knows.

Disturbing, yet good movie. Hated the end when he just walks away. I needed that guy to die.

119. MrPaulRevere
    119 | August 15, 2010 9:26 pm

Waters further asserted that racial injustice was rampant in America. She claimed that the L.A. tumult could rightly be called a “rebellion” or “insurrection,” but not a riot. “Riot implies to me wild, crazed, uncalled-for actions,” she explained, “and I’m not so sure that’s quite appropriate for what took place in Los Angeles.”[3] It was “unfortunate,” she said, “that “it takes things like this rebellion to wake people up.”[4]

120. Grimcargo
    120 | August 15, 2010 9:27 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ Grimcargo:
    I’ve yet to know what happened in the very end. And seems no one else knows.

Yeah me to but did he kill that woman? I think I went to sleep.

121. F
    121 | August 15, 2010 9:28 pm

savages_girl wrote:

@ savage:
    (smiles sleepily and waves)
    Hot.
    Fell asleep and took a nap…

Now you need to skinny-dip in an unheated swimming pool. ;)

122. Possum
    122 | August 15, 2010 9:28 pm

@ m:

Rodan was saying on the radio about the different kinds of people we have here.

Conservatives, Librarians, etc.

He forgot to mention the biggest political grouping here at night, the Drunken Assholes!

123. 123 | August 15, 2010 9:28 pm

@ Grimcargo:

Yeah me to but did he kill that woman? I think I went to sleep.

Yes. But thankfully we didn’t have to see it.

124. 124 | August 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Nutty + Performance Artist = The same thing.

125. Grimcargo
    125 | August 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

@ Grimcargo:
    Yeah me to but did he kill that woman? I think I went to sleep.
    Yes. But thankfully we didn’t have to see it.

THanks I wanted to know this.

126 | August 15, 2010 9:30 pm

@ Possum:
    lol! And some able to be an asshole while sober. Don’t forget us!

127. 127 | August 15, 2010 9:34 pm

And the only coxuckers here are female!//////

128. 128 | August 15, 2010 9:34 pm

MrPaulRevere wrote:

I will never ever forget what they did to Reginald Denny. That was evil.

129. Grimcargo
    129 | August 15, 2010 9:35 pm

And the only coxuckers here are female!//////

Dammm

130. 130 | August 15, 2010 9:35 pm

No piss break tonight?

131. 4_Sticks
    131 | August 15, 2010 9:35 pm

@ Grimcargo:

Didn’t he leave her house taking off or wiping off his boots ? The implication being they were dripping in blood…. IIRC.

132. savages_girl
    132 | August 15, 2010 9:35 pm

@ F:
    Or not-so-skinny dip… :)

133. 133 | August 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Grimcargo wrote:

And the only coxuckers here are female!//////

Dammm

Sorry. Had a phone call a while ago that kinda tweaked me. Carry on.

134. m
    134 | August 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Oh no you di’unt.

135. Grimcargo
    135 | August 15, 2010 9:36 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

@ Grimcargo:

Well I didnt see that part just the part where he had the wreak. I went to sleep dang it.

136. Possum
    136 | August 15, 2010 9:37 pm

No piss break tonight?

No piss break, no chance to get a beer. This is a really terrible show tonight. They are going to lose their audience if they continue like this.

Boooooooo!

Boooooooo!

LMAO

140. 140 | August 15, 2010 9:39 pm

Possum wrote:

No piss break tonight?
    Boooooooo!

Twenty minutes to call in, but I don’t have a reason to.

141. 141 | August 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Scorpion?

142. 4_Sticks
    142 | August 15, 2010 9:40 pm

@ Grimcargo:

Just watched the ‘coin toss’ scene. Thats one where I can’t help but imagine walking into the store behind the sick f*ck and ripping his throat put. I HATE a**holes who mess with good, decent salt of the earth kinda people -- especially ‘seniors’. My bloods still boilin’ !!
    I know, its only a damn movie….but punks, I hate punks….

143. Possum
    143 | August 15, 2010 9:41 pm

@ Bunk X:

Twenty minutes to call in, but I don’t have a reason to.

Hey Bunk, call in! Please.

(While Bunk is on we can take a bathroom break.)
    ;)

144. F
    144 | August 15, 2010 9:41 pm

savages_girl wrote:

@ F:
    Or not-so-skinny dip…

Oh pshaw! Rubenesque is good! ;)

145. chickadee
    145 | August 15, 2010 9:41 pm

MrPaulRevere wrote:

Our founding fathers are turning over in their graves watching scrunts like this hag. This is what Benjamin Franklin was worried abt. when he answered a question posed to him by a citizen, ( “What kind of government have you given us?”) He said, ‘A Republic, if you can keep it.’
    Waters is a socialist pos who harassed oil company CEO’s at a congressional hearing, threatening to nationalize the oil industry, saying, in broad daylight some looney shite abt how she was a liberal who was all abt. socializing Big Oil.
    I hope she goes to jail for her ethics violations.

146. 4_Sticks
    146 | August 15, 2010 9:41 pm

That air raid siren has given me the creeps since I was a wee lad.

147. Grimcargo
    147 | August 15, 2010 9:43 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

@ Grimcargo:
    Just watched the ‘coin toss’ scene. Thats one where I can’t help but imagine walking into the store behind the sick f*ck and ripping his throat put. I HATE a**holes who mess with good, decent salt of the earth kinda people – especially ‘seniors’. My bloods still boilin’ !!
    I know, its only a damn movie….but punks, I hate punks….

The thing is, those salt of the earth people are always taken off guard because they cannot believe someone can be so evil.

148. 148 | August 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Possum wrote:

@ Bunk X:
    Twenty minutes to call in, but I don’t have a reason to.
    Hey Bunk, call in! Please.
    (While Bunk is on we can take a bathroom break.)

Hold it for 17 minutes. Then I’m going in.

149. SGF
    149 | August 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Hello all,

Thank you all for taking the time to watch Mr. Mullen. While we understand that the film might not be for everyone, we greatly appreciate any comments or reactions that people might have for the film, as it was two years of hard production work for us, and now we start the real work in promoting it and using it to finance our feature film. We love talking with people who are passionate about the issues as we are, and are excited about the opportunities coming up in the future,

Thanks to Rodan and all,

Mark, Scott

150. Grimcargo
    150 | August 15, 2010 9:44 pm

chickadee wrote:

MrPaulRevere wrote:

I hope she goes to jail for her ethics violations.

If we had twenty more in there we would be South Africa I have no doubt.

151. 151 | August 15, 2010 9:45 pm

@ SGF:
    Cool. But it’s Rodan… lol

152. Grimcargo
    152 | August 15, 2010 9:45 pm

SGF wrote:

Hello all,
    Thanks to Rogan and all,
    Mark, Scott

Good luck to you both. I hope you have great success.

153. SGF
    153 | August 15, 2010 9:46 pm

*Rodan@ SGF:

154. savages_girl
    154 | August 15, 2010 9:47 pm

@ SGF:
    NIce to have guests interviewees :)

155. SGF
    155 | August 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Ah yes haha I saw that when rereading my post, and there’s no little edit button. Always proof your posts..before you post them@ Bunk X:

156. 156 | August 15, 2010 9:48 pm

@ SGF:
    All the Rogaine is on LGF.

157. F
    157 | August 15, 2010 9:49 pm

@ SGF:
    Cool. But it’s Rodan… lol

At least he didn’t really slip and call Rodan Rogaine. ;)

158. m
    158 | August 15, 2010 9:51 pm

@ SGF:

Hey, we really appreciate that you guys took the time to talk to us! I always thought it was pretty hard to shock this group.

~:D

8O

LOL!

159. Grimcargo
    159 | August 15, 2010 9:53 pm

Record some hogs fighting and everytime the call to prayer comes on TURN IT ON

160. snork
    160 | August 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Meanwhile at the zoo, Lud is now an economic genius, too:

827 LudwigVanQuixote Sun, Aug 15, 2010 4:57:13pm

re: #811 sattv4u2

Duder, why can’t you just let the numbers speak for themselves?

You even cherry pick from your own cherry picking.

Look at this sentence which you quoted:

Businesses have now added jobs in every month so far this year, a total of 630,000 positions. But that works out to an anemic 90,000 a month.

OK what was it like before? Care to look at the numbers?

IT WAS NEGATIVE BEFORE! WE ARE STILL GAINING JOBS RATHER THAN LOSING THEM LIKE BEFORE! THAT IS A TURN AROUND.

Sorry for the all caps, but sometimes you need a baseball bat for the willful blindness.

Wow. I’m so privileged to be in his cyberpresence…

161. Grimcargo
    161 | August 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Dammmm that’s hilarious

162. Possum
    162 | August 15, 2010 9:56 pm

Scorpion was NOT me.

I do animals and women only!!!

Um, that came out wrong.

163. F
    163 | August 15, 2010 9:56 pm

@ snork:
    Putz and wanker are too kind for one such as he.

164. m
    164 | August 15, 2010 9:57 pm

@ Possum:

HAHAHAHA!

165. 165 | August 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Grimcargo wrote:

Record some hogs fighting and everytime the call to prayer comes on TURN IT ON

I might actually have such a recording. :D

166. 166 | August 15, 2010 9:58 pm

@ Possum:
    XD

167. SGF
    167 | August 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Thanks M and others! Our intention is not to shock through visuals- we do not want to be like the horror filmmakers of today. We merely want to create great stories which support alternative beliefs and true conservatism (which I do grant, is relative) which makes the viewer think long after seeing it.
    @ m:

168. Lost
    168 | August 15, 2010 9:59 pm

Really enjoyed the last 15 minutes. Great hearing the voices behind the nics.

Back to work I go!

169. 169 | August 15, 2010 10:00 pm

@ Possum:
    XD

Pee break!

170. 170 | August 15, 2010 10:01 pm

@ SGF:

Thank you for the interview and keep us abreast of your works.

171. Formercorpsman
    171 | August 15, 2010 10:02 pm

snork wrote:

Meanwhile at the zoo, Lud is now an economic genius, too:
    827 LudwigVanQuixote Sun, Aug 15, 2010 4:57:13pm
    re: #811 sattv4u2
    Duder, why can’t you just let the numbers speak for themselves?
    You even cherry pick from your own cherry picking.
    Look at this sentence which you quoted:
    OK what was it like before? Care to look at the numbers?
    Wow. I’m so privileged to be in his cyberpresence…

(Hiawatha) How do you makem keyboard caps into baseball bats?

172. 172 | August 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Possum wrote:

Scorpion was NOT me.
    I do animals and women only!!!
    Um, that came out wrong.

Check you mail!

173. 173 | August 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Yuck, made me feel like 1974 to 1980 all over again.

174. 174 | August 15, 2010 10:03 pm

SGF wrote:

@ m:

Before you go, the best anti-big brother movie I ever saw was Terry Gilliam’s “Brazil.” On the surface it was humor and satire… underneath it was very dark.

175. F
    175 | August 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Bunk X wrote:

Very scary and very enlightening.

176. chickadee
    176 | August 15, 2010 10:11 pm

@ SGF:
    I think it’s great that you guys are interested in doing anti-Hollyweird, pro-Constitution films. Do them.
    There is a huge market for pro-Americanism now. People in this country are thirsty for films that portray the values and traditions we hold dear. You can get rich and do the right thing. It’s a win-win opportunity.
    Just take a look at all the failed garbage produced that tries to make this country out to be the bad guy, the cause of all the problems in the world, and dumb as hell. LOL, that shite is going nowhere fast. And forget the anti-war movies where we are always are the perps and the muzz always the pillars of knowledge and sensitivity. Celebrate our holidays. Do a nice Christmas movie that shows what giving kind people we are.
    Don’t try to be cutting edge and put down everything we hold sacred. In other words do the opposite of what the scrunts in Hollyweird are doing. Take over that place and make them obsolete. The time is now. America is waiting to go back to the movie theaters, buy some popcorn and actually enjoy a show.

177 | August 15, 2010 10:11 pm

F wrote:

Putz and wanker

Putz & Wanker™ are your go-to store for all your petit-vert futbol needs.

178. 178 | August 15, 2010 10:11 pm

@ Scott Madsen:
    I’ve seen it. That was one sick film. Wow.

179. Possum
    179 | August 15, 2010 10:15 pm

That made me smile! I like surprises.

180. Possum
    180 | August 15, 2010 10:16 pm

@ Bunk X:

I still have nightmares about the waxing scene. *shudder*

181. m
    181 | August 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Repost from the new thread -- in case our guests would like to see how the movie played in dumbassville (where the looney liberal lefties chase butterflies all day)…

From Rodan:

Ludwig did a post on the movie these 2 made.

182. 182 | August 15, 2010 10:20 pm

@ SGF:
    Also… Back to Terry Gilliam. Y’all ought to contact him. He was snubbed by Universal who pressured him to change the script and edit the movie. Gilliam refused, and Universal pulled it’s advertising support. Gilliam went ahead and released it anyway, without support.

I suggest you contact Gilliam who understands the game to give you a leg up. I bet he’s accessible.

183. SGF
    183 | August 15, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks Bunk X! I love the films of the 80s, they feel so nostalgic for me (which is weird because I was born in 87), but I definitely will check that out ASAP, I just put it at the top of my Netflix and will definitely try and get in touch with Mr. Gilliam- I had previously tried to contact Roger L. Simon who was in a similar situation I believe, but he did not yet respond. Thanks!@ Bunk X:

184. 184 | August 15, 2010 10:31 pm

@ SGF:
    Way to go. Now you just pissed me off. ;)

185. SGF
    185 | August 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks for your support Chickadee! We are not doing this for wealth- we are doing this because we are volunteering our time and talents as we perceive them to promoting positive change. However, money definitely helps in getting distribution, and to fund our oeuvre. I would love to be able to produce and support independent art in the future and see a breakdown of the Hollywood mainstream system, and it will take money to do that which we are prepared to work for.

And you are correct- the time is now to put this content out there. We need people to wake up, right now.
    @ chickadee:

186. SGF
    186 | August 15, 2010 10:37 pm

Anytime! ;) @ Bunk X:

187. 187 | August 15, 2010 10:51 pm

@ Urban Infidel:
    Once was enough’

Not big on slasher movies.

Never seen Chainsaw et al

188. 188 | August 15, 2010 10:58 pm

@ SGF:
    Perhaps I was abit over wrought drawing your work along side of a B minus slasher T and A movie

I may have to give it a go then, but for me the atmosphere is too much like what I remember of the Carter years, not comfortable for me, times I’d rather not look back on as I was a helpless child at the time, so you probably suceeded in your art.

If turns a few heads to look inside of theirselves and ask questions of their realty and come out of their skins to become politically active, good enough.

189. m
    189 | August 15, 2010 11:02 pm

@ SGF:

Hey, I’ll shoot a link of the podcast to Roger and ask him to give it a listen (not that we have pull, but he does know us ~:)!

I think listening to your reasoning really puts things into context.

190. Aussie Infidel
    190 | August 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Damnit! I missed the radio show. Election day in Oz is just 5 days away and it’s still too close to call.

Here in NZ we just lost another Minister. The Associate Defence Minister and Minister of Veterans Affairs. Seems she had a few too many affairs of another sort. Her lover was also caught sexually molesting several junior Defence Department employees. The Minister also was caught ‘in flegratto’ with a laptop full of classified documents way above her pay grade and not even remotely related to her portfolio. What is it with politicians in general? They seem to lose all sense of proportion and common sense. I guess overheated ego, power fetish and lust conquers all! LOL :)

191. garycooper
    191 | August 16, 2010 12:20 am
    5 LudwigVanQuixote
    Sun, Aug 15, 2010 7:19:57pm replyquote 2downupreport

re: #4 Dark_Falcon

Good post, Ludwig. I should note that even Stalker blog members snork and buzzsawmonkey found that ‘movie’ offensive. Mr. Mullen is just right-wing snuff-porn. But the person who wrote it needs to have an FBI file opened about him. Because someone who thinks like that is a likely serial killer.

Yes, but the majority liked it. The question is how much it resonates in the general movement.

Do me a favor and notice how many did like it before you try to be the ohh so fair to everyone, fairy. I am really getting sick of you.

So…somebody explain how this is NOT obviously the tone, diction and exact response expected from Mr. Chunky. No, I don’t see the point of this filmic exercise in snuffery, but I do like poking a stick into the wasp-nest of the fat slob and his idiot-minions. For that reason, and for that reason alone, two big thumbs-up to Mr. Mullen!

Now, you down there…IT PUTS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN, OR ELSE IT GETS THE HOSE AGAIN!!

Excuse me. Little plumbing-problem in the sub-basement.

192. deleted
    192 | August 16, 2010 3:49 am

Interesting short flick, compelling in a weird way. It’s funny how it’s all shot in close up or extreme close up. Probably a good choice as it avoids having to worry about backgrounds and set dressing and all that, really emphasizes the characters’ faces.

I got flashbacks to “Falling Down,” that movie with Michael Douglas from the ’90s about a fired executive (?) who finally breaks down and strikes back at the system. I also got a little Populist / Bo Gritz vibe from the film for some reason. I like it.

193. Grimcargo
    193 | August 16, 2010 6:39 am

m wrote:

Repost from the new thread – in case our guests would like to see how the movie played in dumbassville (where the looney liberal lefties chase butterflies all day)…
    From Rodan:
    Ludwig did a post on the movie these 2 made.

Just in case you are stalking again and again over here LUDBITCH you frantic,hysterical,suffering menopause from a dozen women,Piece.of.shit.drama queen. I did not watch the movie myself.Because simply I do not like those sorts of movies.I don’t watch videos of Islamics sawing off heads either. But just so you know.It is none and I do mean NONE of your business what movies are made and who made them or where they are shown. However…if someone put together all the posts and remarks you and your fellow PIECE OF SHIT CATO has written and said about Sarah it would rank right up there with whatever is in this movie. Until you become something other than the piece of shit that you are and show in all your posts you should not condemn anything anywhere. PS This movie has nothing to do with the tea party you piece of shit. If all the hysteria and lies were taken out of your post not even your name would remain.

194. ScottGoldbergMovies
    194 | August 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Hello all, thank you for taking the time to watch the film and a big thank you to Rodan for having us on the show. We have been getting a lot of lot of negative responses over at LGF and for whatever reason there seems to be a feud between both sites/blogs. I find it sad that they have to continue to focus on the wrong aspects of the film but respect their right for free speech. This is what we posted on their site as a response to their ripping apart of our film, before their moderator took it down five minutes later:

“First off, I’d like to thank all those who watched the full film and took the time to comment on the art that we’ve made. The film is not a message to start a violent revolution at all -- the film is a fictional narrative piece made for entertainment purposes. It’s not meant to be taken literally.

Also, there have been comments on here about Bill Hicks -- we put “In Loving Memory of Bill Hicks” because I myself as a free-thinking individual have been inspired by him (certain aspects of this film -- not all -- not the violent parts -- although he does make jokes about getting out of cars and shooting people for “not making a right turn on red” -- one of my favorite routines by him as well as his amazing commentary of life being “just a ride”) so I felt the need to put his name there because he has inspired me to open my mind, research and explore different avenues of social and political awareness -- whether it’s in the film or not is not the point -- I as a citizen of the United States of America has the right, as does every other citizen, filmmaker or artist, to dedicate a film to whoever I choose because of his inspiration that awoken me in many different ways because of his actions and his way of thinking. That does not mean the film has to be HIS VIEWS. The film is dedicated to Bill because as a fan of his comedy and understanding of the world I felt the need to do so.

The main point is that this film is fiction. It’s a form of entertainment. We are not telling people to go out to kill politicians. I myself do not believe in violence but I will comment on this aspect -- the way things are going and the way politicians are screwing over the American people, it seems more likely that things like this CAN happen. That does not mean we want it to happen nor do we advocate it.

Many seemed to have missed the point of the film -- IT’S ENTERTAINMENT. We are filmmakers who love our country and sure, you can nitpick the storyline and continue to bash it if you’d like, that your freedom of speech. I myself speak out about things I do not agree with, so I understand your wanting to do as with Mr. Mullen -- we’re all in the same boat looking to find a level of communication where we can share our art with one another -- Mullen is not for children and it’s not for everyone. It’s a horror film that was made for no money and made because we wanted to make a dark film with no restrictions. Sometimes that causes controversy so be it.”

Thank you for taking the time to listen into the show for those who did.