Lets talk guns.

by coldwarrior ( 182 Comments › )
Filed under Open thread, Weapons at September 10th, 2010 - 11:30 am

i dont need to say anything.

****sep 11 ‘where were you when it happened’ thread is saturday morning 0800-1200, we will collect and share some memories…write your story for everyone****

please return to your regularly scheduled thread.

Tags: ,

Comments

182 Responses to “Lets talk guns.”

1. 1 | September 10, 2010 11:33 am

Damn, man, I can’t watch the video at work. Can you give a synopsis?

2. 2 | September 10, 2010 11:34 am

Since we are on the topic, has anyoone tried Magpul’s new angled foregrip? Any reviews? It looks interesting and isn’t expensive, but I am uncertain.

3. snork
    3 | September 10, 2010 11:40 am

Charles!!! The wingnut is a wingnut!!!

4. BuddyG
    4 | September 10, 2010 11:41 am

Chicks with Guns

5. snork
    5 | September 10, 2010 11:47 am

Speaking of numbnitz,

16 threads yesterday. How can such fat fingers crank out so much bile?

6. 6 | September 10, 2010 11:48 am

@ snork:

He was defending his “Holy” text from the infidels. It is his form of Jihad…

7. snork
    7 | September 10, 2010 11:58 am

@ snork:
    Jeebees, that’s more than one per hour. This site has a dozen contributors and we’ve never come close to that.

Manic-depressive?
    Passionate?
    Tag team behind the curtain?
    Meth?

8. Philip_Daniel
    8 | September 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Neither pagan, nor Mahometan, nor Jew, ought to be excluded from the civil rights of the commonwealth, because of his religion…It is ridiculous for any one to profess himself to be a Mahometan only in religion, but in every thing else a faithful subject to a Christian magistrate, whilst at the same time he acknowledges himself bound to yield blind obedience to the mufti of Constantinople; who himself is entirely obedient to the Ottoman emperor, and frames the feigned oracles of that religion according to his pleasure.

John Locke, A Letter Concerning Toleration, 1685

9. snork
    9 | September 10, 2010 12:00 pm

41 Obama White House aides owe the IRS $831,000 in back taxes — and they’re not alone

You wanted change, didn’t you?

10. Daffy Duck
    10 | September 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Quit yer job!

/ at work too, so no synopsis from me, either.

11. 11 | September 10, 2010 12:01 pm

Our corporate IT, (which also doesn’t let us watch videos), has warnings about a virus going around. Using the E-mail subject line “Here you have” the virus was mentioned on Good Morning America also.

12. Philip_Daniel
    12 | September 10, 2010 12:02 pm

snork wrote:

wingnut

It’s so deeply offensive to be compared to a highly-useful piece of hardware!

13. snork
    13 | September 10, 2010 12:03 pm

Damn, man, I can’t watch the video at work. Can you give a synopsis?

Ted Nugent, with a righteous rant about self-defense.

14 | September 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Smile

15. 15 | September 10, 2010 12:04 pm

snork wrote:

You wanted change, didn’t you?

I thought that was a job requirement.

16. 16 | September 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I want one. It’s more natural than holding a vertical (foregrip)post below the handgaurd.

As it is, I only use my foregrip as a sort of indexing point and curve my palm into its intersaction with the handgaurd while wraping my thumb up the side of the guard.

My brother sees a lot of them showing at two gun IPDAs in NoVa that are frequented by Praetorians

17 | September 10, 2010 12:06 pm

Damn, man, I can’t watch the video at work. Can you give a synopsis?

ted sez its far better to let free men blow the brains out of recidivist criminals than to curb the rights of free men.

18. smokefire
    18 | September 10, 2010 12:06 pm

I.F.,
    Ted Nugent, DIRECT AND CORRECT.

3 minutes and 18 seconds of TRUTH JUSTICE AND THE WAY AMERICA SHOULD BE

End of Message..

19 | September 10, 2010 12:08 pm

I can see a link or a picture up in the header. Is it just me?

20. 20 | September 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Ted is right, but then he usually is. Have you seen the vid on YouTube where he tells Hillary Clinton to suck his machinegun? Classy guy, Uncle Ted :mrgreen:

21 | September 10, 2010 12:09 pm

huckfunn wrote:

I can see a lin

I can,t see a link or picture. PIMF

22. snork
    22 | September 10, 2010 12:09 pm

@ Philip_Daniel:
    I always wondered who the vainglorious person was who first thought that that was clever. I must be dumb. I’m missing the oh-so-clever irony. Oh, well, we can’t all be geniuses who know algebra. :roll:

23. 23 | September 10, 2010 12:11 pm

@ Scott Madsen:

Cool, thanks. I’m considering one. It looks less likely to snag on shit than a regular verticle grip, too.

24. 24 | September 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Follow link and click on “This Soldiers Bio” for some down to earth grounding, follow other links for tools of the trade.

25. snork
    25 | September 10, 2010 12:11 pm

That must be where Princess Natasha mines her ideas.

26. Philip_Daniel
    26 | September 10, 2010 12:11 pm

snork wrote:

Oh, well, we can’t all be geniuses who know algebra.

If you don’t know al-jabbar, then you’re not just cognitively-deficient, but also a bigot, because al-jabbar was innovated exclusively by Arab Muslims — Diophantus of Alexandria and Brahmagupta are mythical figures, invented by hateful intolerant racist Nazi Islamophobes. /LudwigVonQuixote tag off

27 | September 10, 2010 12:14 pm

huckfunn wrote:

huckfunn wrote:
    I can see a lin
    I can,t see a link or picture. PIMF

really, it works fine on windows 7 in ie 8 and firefox and on this xp machine….

28 | September 10, 2010 12:14 pm

huckfunn wrote:

huckfunn wrote:
    I can see a lin
    I can,t see a link or picture. PIMF

go here

29. m
    29 | September 10, 2010 12:17 pm

@ snork:

It isn’t hard when half are all on the same subject, LOL!

30. snork
    30 | September 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Who does this sound like?

When bedbugs mate, they do so by “traumatic insemination.” As the female lacks a genital opening, the male pierces her abdomen with his hypodermic genitalia to leave his sperm in her abdominal cavity. And because male bedbugs don’t discriminate between partners, they will climb on top of the nearest comrade — be it male or sexually immature. In these situations, they fatally wound the unsuspecting recipient of their amorous advances.

I guess there’s a reason why they’re called bedbugs.

31. m
    31 | September 10, 2010 12:18 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

I’ll recap for y’all ~

Ted Nugent: Gunz is gud!

32 | September 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Thanks. I’ve got a setting wrong somewhere. I just bought a shiny new HP Pavilion dv7 on Wednesday and I’m still getting up to speed on it. The old road machine had a bad liver so I had to put her down.

33. smokefire
    33 | September 10, 2010 12:20 pm

You asked for it…………..You got it.

34 | September 10, 2010 12:21 pm

huckfunn wrote:

sad day, did ya salvage anything from the old bird?

35. snork
    35 | September 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Heh.

36. m
    36 | September 10, 2010 12:25 pm

@ smokefire:

freeeeeeeeeeeeedommmmmmmmmmmm!

37. 37 | September 10, 2010 12:25 pm

If any of yinz are 45 acp shooters.

Robinson Wally’s has Winchester 230 gr. bonded PXD1s (XTPs) at 21.97 per 20.

I didn’t buy them completely out this morning and left five boxes for the common good.

38 | September 10, 2010 12:27 pm

huckfunn wrote:

sad day, did ya salvage anything from the old bird?

As a matter of fact, I followed your recommended procedure. I backed up all my data and docs to an external hd and reloaded. It still was slow as hell so I took it into Best Buy and had them do a comprehensive colonoscopy. They didn’t find any bugs but the dang thing just wouldn’t get off the dime. I was looking for an excuse to buy a new one, and that was it. I’ve reloaded all my stuff and I’m good to go. Had to buy another load of Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro.

39. 39 | September 10, 2010 12:29 pm

I have to get a new PC eventually. I will make my current’s hard drive a secondary.

40 | September 10, 2010 12:29 pm

I still can’t see any imbeds. This machine is Windows 7. What am I doing wrong? It was working yesterday.

41. 41 | September 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Guns, baby, guns.
    I just put Crimson Trace on my SP101 .357 Mag. It is WAY Cool!

42 | September 10, 2010 12:30 pm

@ huckfunn:

sounds like the old girl just gave up

43 | September 10, 2010 12:32 pm

@ huckfunn:

sounds like the old girl just gave up

Putting a .45 thru her skull was tough… snif, sob…

44 | September 10, 2010 12:34 pm

father_of_10 wrote:

Guns, baby, guns.
    I just put Crimson Trace on my SP101 .357 Mag. It is WAY Cool!

Crimson Trace is definitely in line for my Ruger LCR 38. I can’t hit a thing with it.

45 | September 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Scott Madsen wrote:

LaRue…good stuff. I bought one of their mounts for a 3x30 ACOG I put on my SiG556. Only a $100 mount and they sent me all sorts of swag with it…a nice hat (actually made in USA go figure) some BBQ spices, a “‘dillo” beer bottle opener and some “God Bless Our Troops-Especially Our Snipers” bumper stickers.

46 | September 10, 2010 12:38 pm

huckfunn wrote:

i’m runnin win7 64bit with the latest versions on firefox and ie….matbe you have a security setting wrong

47. 47 | September 10, 2010 12:41 pm

Drinking thread going up at 9:00 PM EST!

48. MikeA
    48 | September 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Does nay one know of some good deals on .223. Need to get some extra for the AR-15

49. snork
    49 | September 10, 2010 12:43 pm

I think you’re going to find that hard drives are pretty cheap these days. May not even be with screwing with, but I’ve got a couple in a mirrored RAID. Not only does it give you SOME protection against a crash, but it speeds up reads.

50 | September 10, 2010 12:46 pm

MikeA wrote:

Seems like a big shipment of Israeli 5.56 has come into the states. Widener’s has some…

51 | September 10, 2010 12:47 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Gotta be a setting. I’ve been running Chrome. I just loaded Firefox and still no imbeds.

52. 52 | September 10, 2010 12:47 pm

EMail me the details.

53. 53 | September 10, 2010 12:48 pm

@ MikeA:

This looks pretty good. I need to get some SS-109s, and $0.39 is pretty good for that. They have some other 5.56 that looks interesting (some frangible for a little more), but I really want the 62gr. penetrators.

54 | September 10, 2010 12:50 pm

MikeA wrote:

Take a look at Gunbroker.

55. snork
    55 | September 10, 2010 12:52 pm

ZOMGPONIES!!!!!11 A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!11

Rush Limbaugh, Pastor Terry Jones Were High School Classmates

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG ZOMGPONIES!!!!!!!1111

56 | September 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Drinking thread going up at 9:00 PM EST!

thats when the brisket is going into the smoker too!

it’ll be ready about 1600 the next day.

57. snork
    57 | September 10, 2010 12:55 pm

This is a hoot.

Think Progress, NAACP, Little Green Footballs, Southern Poverty Law Center, and the rest of you — you have all the proof you need.

58. 58 | September 10, 2010 12:57 pm

@ snork:

Did you see where Dinnerjacket was getting all excercized about it? I swear, it makes me want to go get a Koran to burn tomorrow. I’d order one from Amazon, but it wouldn’t get here in time. I’m actually several years ahead of the curve, as I used a Koran for a shotgun target several years ago just to show my appreciation of the Religion of Peace™

59. m
    59 | September 10, 2010 12:58 pm

@ snork:

I bet chuckie got a little green woody when he read that.

How he can be FOR the victory mosque while condemning the book burning is beyond me. THEIR right to smack us in the head is worth fighting for -- freedom of speech notsomuch.

(and I say that with the — READ it, don’t burn it view)

60. snork
    60 | September 10, 2010 1:00 pm

@ m:
    I’m putting 15,000 quatloos down on Chuck’s going to have a thread on it. But he’s got to wake up first after that bender yesterday. 8O

61. 61 | September 10, 2010 1:01 pm

@ The Osprey:

Tha is the glass I want for my FAL, only the model with the 308 reticle.

Do you here me Santa, and don’t forget the PVS-14 too.

62. 62 | September 10, 2010 1:01 pm

@ snork:

Nah, man, he just needs another shot… :roll:

63. snork
    63 | September 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Same Dinnerjacket who routinely burns American flags. Yeah.

64. 64 | September 10, 2010 1:02 pm

@ m:

He is for his side. He’s yodeled the shahada and is a shit-head now. This is his Jihad :roll:

65. 65 | September 10, 2010 1:03 pm

@ snork:

Death to America, man. Death to America. I don’t want to burn a Koran. I want to burn Mecca.

66. snork
    66 | September 10, 2010 1:04 pm

@ snork:

You realize you got quoted there yesterday, don’t you?

67. 67 | September 10, 2010 1:05 pm

@ MikeA:

M193 is down to $300 ship for 900 on strippers.

Damn, just checked link to bulkammo.com and its gone.

Check Wideners as mentioned, AIM, and Palmetto State Armory if you are east coast.

68. snork
    68 | September 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Back to Ted’s righteous rant, the ability to defend oneself against random crime is a sideshow. Gun control is about eliminating one’s ability to defend himself against the power structure organized crime.

69. 69 | September 10, 2010 1:07 pm

Tonight is Fire and Ice! Chili and ice cream competition!

70. 70 | September 10, 2010 1:09 pm

@ snork:

Yeah. Funny, ain’t it? I could almost care what they think of me, but not quite. I generally worry about the opinions of bacteria only when they make me sick. I have no intentions of exposing myself to possible infection from the swamp. Eeeeeeeewwwwww! :mrgreen:

71. Mike C.
    71 | September 10, 2010 1:09 pm

MikeA wrote:

72. 72 | September 10, 2010 1:10 pm

@ snork:

I think A LOT of korans are going to be shot, fried, torched, spit on, shredded, ripped and obliterated tomorrow. Lots.

73. snork
    73 | September 10, 2010 1:11 pm

father_of_10 wrote:

And then youtube gets to play whack-a-mole.

74. 74 | September 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Addendum: Isn’t it interesting how they have morphed into LGF Watch, and we are like LGF was prior to Rathergate? It isn’t exactly one-to-one, but the roles are very similar, down to their freaking out about my supposed “raaaaacism” because I dislike a violent, anti-freedom ideology.

75. 75 | September 10, 2010 1:14 pm

When I was young back in the 90′s, me and several of my freinds rolled weed in Koran papers.

76. 76 | September 10, 2010 1:17 pm

LGF is now to the Left of LGF Watch!

77. snork
    77 | September 10, 2010 1:18 pm

And he’s off:

NC Man Arrested in Abortion Clinic Bomb Plot: ‘The Christian Counterpart of Osama Bin Laden’
    By: Charles Johnson • US NEWS • Sep 10, 2010 at 10:05 am PDT

78. 78 | September 10, 2010 1:19 pm

See, I was cool with Islam until 9-11. I learned all I really need to know about that violent, anti-freedom ideology that day, though I have, of course, learned a lot more specifics about it since then. It is utterly without any redeeming value, as dispicible as Nazism or Communism. That is why when I find out someone is a Mohammedan, I really know all I need to know about them. It is like finding out someone is a Nazi. After that, I don’t care if they love kittens and horses. I know all I need to know.

79. snork
    79 | September 10, 2010 1:20 pm

The guy in NC was running a ring of terrorists who smashed airplanes into abortion clinics killing 3000? Who knew?

80 | September 10, 2010 1:22 pm

snork wrote:

that is amazing how he was able to do that! he must have been in cahoots with chimpeymcbushhitler and vp haliburton!

81. 81 | September 10, 2010 1:23 pm

@ snork:

Damn! He struck Holy Ground for sure if he hit an abortion clinic that could house 100,000 people at once. Think about it. With that kind of capacity, they could do 50,000 abortions a day! Blood for the Blood God!

82. 82 | September 10, 2010 1:28 pm

If you CCW, here is a minute and twenty seconds of instruction that may save your life. Though it is primarily a tactical tool for LEO/MIL for hot diembarkation of vehicles and stacked entries, as it allows a great deal of muzzle control when crossing paths of fellow combatabts, it is still a good tool to have for clearing a house that has been comprimised or when engaging an emminent threat that is not armed with a firearm and intends to deliver bodily harm or death.

Position Sul

83. 83 | September 10, 2010 1:29 pm

This is good news:

The thing is, gun restrictions aren’t the purpose of the hearing at all.

A quick email to a congressional contact confirmed that the purpose of the meeting is to discuss the regulation of federal firearms licensees (FFLs) by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). The purpose is to discuss Senate Bill S. 941 and House Bill H.R. 2296, known jointly as the “Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Reform and Firearms Modernization Act of 2009.”

The purpose of the bill isn’t to restrict the rights of gun dealers or gun buyers. Instead, it was designed to address the inadequacies of existing regulations and give the ATF more flexibility in dealing with dealers that have been found to have committed minor violations. The poorly written current laws give ATF agents very restricted options. Essentially, they can either ignore infractions with a warning, or go the draconian route of stripping the dealer of his license entirely and forcing him out of business for something as petty as misfiled paperwork.

The bill has strong support from shooting sports watchdogs, including the National Rifle Association’s Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF).

I am still very concerned with what may come out of the Lame Duck session on Gun Control. As I have said before, on this issue Obama hasn’t been anywhere near as bad as I had expected of him. I honestly expected them to have re-enacted the “Assault Weapons” ban by now, if nothing else. If we can get through to a Republican Congress without that happening, things haven’t been as bad as they could have been.

84. MikeA
    84 | September 10, 2010 1:33 pm

@ Scott Madsen:

Thanks to all who gave me the links to .223 ammo. Will be ordering soon.

I did see the bulkammo special but saw it was gone earlier this week. Thats why I am looking.

85. 85 | September 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Fundamentals of Position SUL in CQB

One page PDF article

86. 86 | September 10, 2010 1:38 pm

@ MikeA:

I for got it was a limited offer. My brother sent me that link two weeks ago and I let it slip by……damn me!

That is as good as its been for a few years.

87. 87 | September 10, 2010 1:38 pm

When Hamas took over Gaza in 2007 and they burnt Churches and Crosses, no one said anything!

After defeating their rivals in Palestinian Authority Mahmoud Abbas’ Fatah movement, Muslim extremists are focusing their attacks on Christians in Gaza City. Christians in Gaza City have issued an appeal to the international community and a plea for protection against the increased attacks by Muslim extremists.

Father Manuel Musallem, head of Gaza’s Latin church, told the AP that Muslims have ransacked, burned and looted a school and convent that are part of the Gaza Strip’s small Romany Catholic community. He told the AP that crosses were broken, damage was done to a statue of Jesus, and at the Rosary Sister School and nearby convent, prayer books were burned.

88. MikeA
    88 | September 10, 2010 1:38 pm

So, I see a couple of guys here have a FAL. Osprey and Scott Madsen. (and myself)

Any one else have one (or two or three or….)

89. snork
    89 | September 10, 2010 1:40 pm

People have good reason to be on a hair trigger about this. It’s not as if this pack of donkeys hasn’t tried other outrageous and unconstitutional things.

90. snork
    90 | September 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Not to mention synagogues. The Israelis had the good sense to relocate their cemeteries, and knew full well what was going to happen to their synagogues.

91. 91 | September 10, 2010 1:43 pm

I believe thay are letting peopol expose theirselves through internet sales while they push everyone towards action.

No reason to restrict yet, especially if they are building a hell of a an expansive list to use when they really need to.

The day they do an xo because of some civil unrest, i gaurantee they will be dropping out of the trees on every vendor in the country and siezing digital info.

92. 92 | September 10, 2010 1:43 pm

Wow. Obama has forgotten the First Rule of Holes™:

In his first press conference since May, President Obama assailed Republicans for opposing his economic agenda and spoke out passionately about Pastor Terry Jones’ threat to burn Korans and Muslims’ right to build an Islamic Center two blocks from Ground Zero.

Then he wonders why a growing percentage of Americans think he is a Mohammedan. Maybe if he’d quit begining his speeches with “In the name of Allah, most compassionate, most merciful” ‘n shit :lol:

93. 93 | September 10, 2010 1:44 pm

@ MikeA:

Right Arm of the Free World!

94. 94 | September 10, 2010 1:45 pm

@ Scott Madsen:

Yeah, that concerns me greatly. Obama isn’t one to let little things like the Constitution get in the way of what he wants to do. IMHO, if it comes to that, then we are at the point discussed in Federalist No. 46

95 | September 10, 2010 1:45 pm

MikeA wrote:

Any one else have one (or two or three or….)

nope, instead of going the fal route, i went all east block in 1991-1995

but my browning hi power is my fave, tho

96. 96 | September 10, 2010 1:47 pm

father_of_10 wrote:

Well it is International Burn a Koran Day.

Andrew McCarthy points out the hypocrisy of the left when it comes to enraging Islamists and putting our troops in harm’s way.

Remember the classified prisoner-abuse photos that the Obama administration was hot to disclose last year, until a groundswell of protest from the military and the public finally impelled Congress to act responsibly when the president wouldn’t? That, too, was a gratuitous provocation that would have served no purpose other than to pull the hair-trigger of Muslim rage. Yet the Left — including the Justice Department — was indifferent to the threat posed to our troops by that action.

97. MikeA
    97 | September 10, 2010 1:48 pm

That mean you have an AK / SKS type rifle? I have one of the chinese AKs I bought about 20 years ago for $275. Wish I could get a deal like that again….

98 | September 10, 2010 1:51 pm

MikeA wrote:

yes, and makarov pistols, a cz-52…they were soooo cheap, the marked was flooded.

russian, east german, and jugoslavian

99. 99 | September 10, 2010 1:51 pm

@ snork:

AH so there were Synagogues left then? Yeah the Israelis were smart in taking out their cemetaries. The Muzzies would build a Mosque over it.

100. 100 | September 10, 2010 1:52 pm

Most of the AK’s in my hood were Yugoslvain/Serb.

101. Daffy Duck
    101 | September 10, 2010 1:53 pm

@ MikeA:

I have a clone (Stg58 / Hesse receiver). It has some feeding issues. Also have a couple kits, but haven’t built them yet.

102. 102 | September 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Just picked up 2 twenty round mags. for my Ruger .45 P90.

I’m in heaven!

103. MikeA
    103 | September 10, 2010 1:55 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

I have the same thing. A Hesse receiver (marked Imbel from Brazil) and the Stg58 parts. Mine works great. Have had no problems and it shoots pretty accurate. Have a UTG dust cover with the picatinny rails and a 3X scope on it. Bought mine 15 years ago.

104 | September 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Most of the AK’s in my hood were Yugoslvain/Serb.

the dealer here had racks and racks of russian and jugoslav ak’s it was unreal.

it looked like scene out of the matrix when they get their guns

105 | September 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Well, it looks like I won’t be going overseas after all.

The geniuses at DA G-1 decided it was better to let this unit go into combat with an unfilled critical position than to let me fill it.

106. mjazz
    106 | September 10, 2010 1:56 pm

When I saw a pic of son of rage boy getting all wacked out over the plan I felt the same way.
    I wonder what Obama’s goons said to the pastor to make him back down?

107. MikeA
    107 | September 10, 2010 1:56 pm

have you seen the new AK pistols? A guy from church has one and likes it but the muzzel blast has to be pretty big but as a truck gun with good firepower, might be nice. Going for about $350 to $400 around here. (South East PA)

108 | September 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Well, it looks like I won’t be going overseas after all.

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!

the wrong decision was made

109 | September 10, 2010 1:58 pm

MikeA wrote:

thats a new one on me!

110. snork
    110 | September 10, 2010 1:58 pm

They would have paved the roads with their gravestones. That’s what they did to the Jewish cemeteries in the Arab countries after 1948.

111. MikeA
    111 | September 10, 2010 1:58 pm

stores by me have tons of AR-15 clones from all sorts of manufacturers. One has an HK-91… $3000…

Where’s that lottery ticket…

112. 112 | September 10, 2010 1:58 pm

@ mjazz:

“We’re from the Government. We’re here to help…”

113. 113 | September 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Sorry to hear that. It doesn’t sound like a wise move on their part.

114. snork
    114 | September 10, 2010 1:59 pm

mjazz wrote:

I wonder what Obama’s goons said to the pastor to make him back down?

Nice tax exempt status you got there; it’d be a shame if anything happened to it?

115 | September 10, 2010 1:59 pm

MikeA wrote:

thats a new one on me!

or is it a paratrooper ak with the offending folding stock removed?

116. MikeA
    116 | September 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Do a google search on AK-47 pistols… They look cool. no stock, short barrel but classified as a pistol.

117. 117 | September 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Well, it looks like I won’t be going overseas after all.

Damn, sorry to hear that. You were looking forward to it. It’s not right considering you WANTED to go and was totally qualified for the position.

Such a shame.
    :-(

118. 118 | September 10, 2010 2:01 pm

@ MikeA:

Pre-Ban H&Ks are worth a stone fortune. Of course, with an LWRC REPR running $3000+, that isn’t exactly out of line. For the money, though, I think I’d go with the REPR.

119. MikeA
    119 | September 10, 2010 2:01 pm

You can get in trouble putting a stock on one and they are not drilled for it.

120 | September 10, 2010 2:01 pm

And more to the point, I’m now truly screwed.

Time to start looking for a refrigerator carton to move into…

121 | September 10, 2010 2:02 pm

MikeA wrote:

Where’s that lottery ticket…

ar’s are too rich for my blood. if i need to reach out and touch *a deer or a paper target* the ubiquitous winchester 30.06 works quite nicely.

122. 122 | September 10, 2010 2:02 pm

mjazz wrote:

I wonder what Obama’s goons said to the pastor to make him back down?

He likely used the IRS. A “Pastor” with a 50 member “congregation” would seem to be a target rich environment.

I read this today…the dude’s more whacked than I thought.

123. 123 | September 10, 2010 2:02 pm

It’s a Krinkov without the stock. They’re OK. I had wanted to get a Sig 556 pistol when my house sold, but instead of making anything, I’m having to shell out about $3500 to get rid of the damned thing. No toys for me :(

124. mjazz
    124 | September 10, 2010 2:02 pm

What you are saying sounds extreme, but I feel the same way.
    Let’s face it, if Washington DC or a major city in the US got nuked by them, all over the world those bastards would be jumping for joy.

125 | September 10, 2010 2:03 pm

And more to the point, I’m now truly screwed.
    Time to start looking for a refrigerator carton to move into…

i also understand that part as well. and thats what is so bad about the decision.

126. 126 | September 10, 2010 2:04 pm

@ MikeA:

“trouble” is putting it mildly. Don’t even think about doing that. They might arrest you for suspicion of intent…

127. 127 | September 10, 2010 2:05 pm

Oh man!

128. 128 | September 10, 2010 2:08 pm

@ mjazz:

I am deliberatly being extreme to make just that point (something LGF today or LGF Watch of yesteryear seems incapable of understanding). We have to get serious about this confrotation. Obama likes to say we aren’t at war with Islam, but Islam is at war with us. They get a say in this too, and they chose the path of the sword some 1400 years ago. They aren’t really very good at it, but they keep trying and they are deadly serious about it.

129. mjazz
    129 | September 10, 2010 2:09 pm

When they were holed up in The Church of the Nativity, the palestinians used the Bible as toilet paper.

130. Daffy Duck
    130 | September 10, 2010 2:11 pm

I used to be a sort of “HK snob.” I have diversified and now appreciate all kinds of rifles. ;)

131. 131 | September 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Addendum: as a perfect example, take the motherfucker that is wanting to build the Ground Zero Victory Mosque. Ignore the deliberate provocation of where he has chosen to build, and look at the public statements the man has made about Hamas. He cannot condemn a group that sends suicide bombers to blow up little girls. I am extreme? Let’s get real about what is going on. If we don’t, then we are going to lose.

132. 132 | September 10, 2010 2:13 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

Me, too. I used to wouldn’t consider a “mouse gun” (5.56X45). Now that is at the top of my list :P

133 | September 10, 2010 2:15 pm

I figured out the problem with the no imbeds. I’m in a county clerk’s office on a public wi-fi network. Their server has the flash player gizmo disabled so the publics won’t be watching nasties.

Back to work.

134. Daffy Duck
    134 | September 10, 2010 2:17 pm

I am so anti-commie that I poo-poohed anyone with an AK (mumble, mumble, “damn commie gun”). Then I finally broke down and bought one (SAR-1 -- cheap at the time). Have probably had more fun and good times with that gun, than all the others combined.

135. 135 | September 10, 2010 2:18 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

They are fun! Everybody needs an AK. It is kind of like the toothbrush of guns…

136. Daffy Duck
    136 | September 10, 2010 2:19 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

Of course, those “good times” were back in the day when 1,000 rnds of Wolf 7.62x39 was $80 out-the-door…ya know, “the good old days.”

137 | September 10, 2010 2:21 pm

I’m starting to think that I have some sort of curse or something…

138 | September 10, 2010 2:21 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Back to work.

well, there’s yer problem!

139. MikeA
    139 | September 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Don’t even own one of the AK pistols but like I said they look like fun.

AKs are fun to shoot and they always go bang when you pull the trigger. Thats why I have one. The FAL is my heavy infantry support weapons. The AK, AR-15 and AR-180 are the up close defense guns…

140 | September 10, 2010 2:23 pm

@ Daffy Duck:
    They are fun! Everybody needs an AK. It is kind of like the toothbrush of guns…

they are!

141 | September 10, 2010 2:23 pm

I’m starting to think that I have some sort of curse or something…

nah, not cursed…can you take a contract?

142. mjazz
    142 | September 10, 2010 2:24 pm

It could be a blessing in disguise.

143. 143 | September 10, 2010 2:26 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

LOL! I still have a box with $80 in marker on it from a ’98 gunshow

Yugo M69 is avaiable by the case of 1000+ (1160 iirc on strippers) for around $170 plus shipping.

It is Corrosive, I don’t plink with it, but it is a good set aside for a stormy day, up to 200 fps hotter than standard M39 designs depending on lot# and the boatail bullet is ass heavy and tumbles on impact with soft targets.

144 | September 10, 2010 2:27 pm

mjazz wrote:

It could be a blessing in disguise.

Given that the alternative is bankruptcy and having my house foreclosed on, I don’t see how…

145. MikeA
    145 | September 10, 2010 2:29 pm

@ Scott Madsen:

Those were the days. I have .223 Malasian ammo that was $200 for 1640 rds in 2 50 cal cans… Thats my rainy day ammo for the AR-15.

146. 146 | September 10, 2010 2:29 pm

I’ve felt that way before.

Praying and contrition always seemed to help me.

Don’t know if you are inclined to that….just sayin.

Sorry to hear about it….sincerely

147. 147 | September 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Man, when this country went into full “let’s not offend the Muslims” mode after 9/11, I had a feeling it would come to this. Americans are suckers for the guilt complex and the Muzz have been playing us like violins ever since. I fully believe that the election of Obama was an act of contrition not only for slavery, but one aimed at the Muslims. had he been named Barry Jones, he’d still be an incompetent Senator.

148. 148 | September 10, 2010 2:31 pm

@ MikeA:

I want the NFA gone. Then I can get what I really want, which is an LWRC M6A4 with a 12″ barrel. They don’t even make that varmit (an M6A4 only comes with a 16″ barrel), but oh, my

149. 149 | September 10, 2010 2:32 pm

@ Daffy Duck:
    They are fun! Everybody needs an AK. It is kind of like the toothbrush of guns…

Ha! I have a very nice AK. Haven’t fired it in a while. Have to talk to my friends and see on whose property I can fire it. Also, “Wanna go fire my AK47?” is a hell of a way to ask for a date. LOL.

150. 150 | September 10, 2010 2:33 pm

@ MacDuff:

I can’t disagree. We’re paying a heavy price because the 52% wanted to make an act of contrition for sins they didn’t really commit.

151. MikeA
    151 | September 10, 2010 2:33 pm

There is a DSA Arms FAL that has a 12″ barrel that is LEO only… but I want one… as a home defense gun… .308 WOW!!!

152. 152 | September 10, 2010 2:34 pm

I’m starting to think that I have some sort of curse or something…

Sorry to hear about your predicament. I’ve always believed that everything always works out for good peeps, and you’re good peeps.

Keep the faith.

153. 153 | September 10, 2010 2:34 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

Well, wanna play with my gun has gotten me some interesting responses over the years…

154. 154 | September 10, 2010 2:34 pm

@ MikeA:

I remember that, and the $185 Guatemalen GI rolled off of Winchester machinery.

I didn’t have an AR then and was going to buy a bunch for when I did.

At the time I was more into curio and relics (cause damn look at this cool old rifle I can buy for a hundred bucks) and was buying stuff for those old bolt actions along with combloc stuff.

155. 155 | September 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Can they, like, take this stupid guilt and shove it up their asses? Because I never felt it and never will. That is why I am in conflict with religion, too. All that unearned guilt, WTF. I may be defective but I feel no guilt about anything.

156. MikeA
    156 | September 10, 2010 2:35 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

You are so right. I took my wife to the range on one of our first dates. Had to make sure she was cool with the guns. Guys at the range were jelous. My wife is 5′ 11″ and blonde. (parents are Danish) After we were married, she wanted a 9mm of her own.

157. 157 | September 10, 2010 2:35 pm

@ MikeA:

I’ve got a friend who has an H&K 51. It is Class III, full auto with I think an 8″ barrel. Wow! I don’t have the geld to play in that range. I is poor :(

158. 158 | September 10, 2010 2:37 pm

@ MikeA:
    Well, I am trying to get a certain stubborn creature of the male variety to take me to the range… Problem is, finding the time. I know that once he sees me fire the Sig,or, better yet the AK, he’s IN THE BAG!

159. 159 | September 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Airshow here yhis weekend, just heard a lawndart (Thunderbirds f-16) go over the house.

Saw him this morninng laying out his visual references around the airport

160. 160 | September 10, 2010 2:39 pm

I is poor

You’re not poor. Just broke. Broke is a temporary financial condition. poor is a state of mind.

161. 161 | September 10, 2010 2:40 pm

@ MikeA:

Christmas Story Santa Voice: “you’ll catch your curtains on fire kid”!

162. 162 | September 10, 2010 2:41 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

Oh, I feel plenty of guilt, but it is for things I’ve done. I have enough of that to pass around, but I’m not into this shit of feeling guilty because America is the best nation in the world. We should feel pride! America, fuck yeah! I don’t feel guilt for slavery. I never owned a slave. I sure don’t feel guilt because the Mohammedans have fucked everything they’ve ever touched up. That is their problem. The Mohammedan world should feel collective guilt for their sins, 9-11 first among them. They way I see it, they owe us. Big time. They should be thanking us for our mercy, not spitting on us for not butchering them they way they deserved after 9-11. The Afghans owe us their misbegotten lives, every last one of them.

163. 163 | September 10, 2010 2:41 pm

I want a m249. For home defense. Gonna place it on the balcony…

164. 164 | September 10, 2010 2:43 pm

huckfunn wrote:

More likely hasnt installed the video add on yet, when I first went to win7, oh, two weeks ago, I had the same issue, resolved it by using firefox’s add on dohicky.

165. 165 | September 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Amen to what you said. And yes, it seems like the Mohammedans’ worst enemy is their own god. Were it not for the nutbaggery they call their faith, they’d probably be OK people.

166. MikeA
    166 | September 10, 2010 2:43 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

I like it… subtle..

167. Daffy Duck
    167 | September 10, 2010 2:45 pm

@ Scott Madsen:

I had a C&R FFL in the early 90′s. Loved getting those <$100 WWI & II rifles, too. Got some dogs for sure, but got some real beauties (Swede M38 and M96, for instance) as well.

Was kinda partial to the French MAS36 -- not a very pretty rifle, but a good shooter (I know, I know: "For sale, WWII French rifle, never fired, only dropped once…")

I also have a can of that Guatemalan .223 lying around.

168. MikeA
    168 | September 10, 2010 2:45 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

If they were of a different faith, they’d be called Christians or Zorostarians, like they were before the devil-worshippers stormed out of the desert.

169. 169 | September 10, 2010 2:46 pm

MikeA wrote:

@ Scott Madsen:

Got a link to that?

170. 170 | September 10, 2010 2:47 pm

MikeA wrote:

If were talking bout guns we wished we could own, then I gotta go with the AA12…

171. Daffy Duck
    171 | September 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Not a current price….we’re reminiscing about plentiful and cheap ammo.

172. snork
    172 | September 10, 2010 2:48 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

Dr. Helen has a very short and to the point post about that.

173. 173 | September 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Daffy Duck wrote:

Not a current price….we’re reminiscing about plentiful and cheap ammo.

OH, ok, cause I’ve been shopping around and the best price I have found so far on .223 is $200.00 for 1000 rds.

174. Daffy Duck
    174 | September 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Really? That’s not bad. Is it the Tula at Cabela’s? I bought some @$3.99 / 20 a few weeks back.

175. MikeA
    175 | September 10, 2010 2:54 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

I bought that stuff over 15 years ago… good times.

Careful of that Tula stuff. If its the laquer covered stuff it will jam in some AR-15′s after they heat up. My AR-180 loves it but the 15 has to have the regular brass cased stuff.

176. Daffy Duck
    176 | September 10, 2010 3:01 pm

@ MikeA:

I figured as much about the Tula maybe causing problems in the AR…but it’s cheap and I’ll just use it for casual plinking.

177. MikeA
    177 | September 10, 2010 3:03 pm

@ Daffy Duck:

I found that after 70-80 rounds mine jammed on the empty case. Had to put a cleaning rod down the barrel to bust it loose. Won’t use it in the 15 anymore.

Now my AK, that thing will take anything

178. 178 | September 10, 2010 3:13 pm

mjazz wrote:

I wonder what Obama’s goons said to the pastor to make him back down?

He’s backed away from that, he was going to see what the outcome of the meeting with Rauf brought, but Rauf says he won’t even meet with Jones. So I guess it’s now back on.

179. 179 | September 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Daffy Duck wrote:

Tula yes, but not Cabela’s and in the two weeks since I bookmarked the page it’s gone up $55.00 per 1000. http://www.bulkammo.com/bulk-223-ammo-223rem62hptula-1000

180. 180 | September 10, 2010 3:26 pm

MikeA wrote:

@ Daffy Duck:
    Now my AK, that thing will take anything

We’ve been using the Wolf steel cased and havent had any problems pretty sure it’s lacquered as well.

181 | September 10, 2010 3:39 pm

I have some Israeli 5.56 laying around that I bought back in the 90′s that must have been designated as LMG ammo…there are tracers mixed in with it but the paint on the tips is gone so I can’t use it on the range as tracers are forbidden. But I am thinking of taking it out into the desert and shootin’ dat ol’ debbil Ko-ran with it. If the Ko-ran won’t burst into flames just from being hit with a “Jooooo” bullet, the tracers should take care of the problem. I’ll use my minaret hating Swiss inspired SiG556 for a launcher. LOL.

182. 182 | September 10, 2010 3:47 pm

The Osprey wrote:

ROTFLMAO…. Now that thar is a mental image that I heartily approve of…