NCAA Football Saturday and Open Thread

by coldwarrior ( 124 Comments › )
Filed under College Football, Open thread, Sports at September 18th, 2010 - 11:30 am

This will be weekly, every Saturday after the lecture is the open NCAA thread for those of us watching football and not wanting to soil the respectable threads with cries of ‘Hook ‘em Horns’ or ‘Soooeeeee Piggie!’ and we sure don’t want to run Ralphie through a serious thread! Some of our writers would get really mad. This will be a stickie at the top of the page, its football and open, please see the ‘normal’ yet excellent threads below; get crazy and open two tabs!

Welcome to Week 3 of the 2010 NCAA Football season!

**NOTE to the ‘sports journalists’: that ‘NEW’ offense that yinz call ‘The Pistol’ is the ‘i’ formation from 30 years ago, and oh, and the ‘Wildcat’ is actually ‘the wing’ and its derivatives from the paleolithic era of football.  I guess the next ‘new’ thing on offense is gonna be I M Hipp (Texas A&M) and Tony Dorsett (PITT, his name was pronounced ‘door sit’ before he made $$$)  style backs wearing ‘tear away’ jerseys cut off at the mid riff. Put a full-back in that ‘pistol’ and you have a real i formation.**

Thursday’s Cincinati Bearcats at NC State Wolfpack was a very sloppy game.  Cincinnati is desperately missing their old football coach, Brian Kelly, who took his dream job an Notre Dame.  Cincinnati looked, well, discombobulated.  Coach Kelly has the Irish at 1-1 with a close loss at home to Michigan in the Big House.  Coach Krelly has a chance to get on the winning side when the Irish travel to Michigan State (2-0) to play the Spartans in Prime Time (2000 eastern on ABC) this should be a game to watch on the PiP.  MSU’s secondary will be tested, they have been identified as the weak link.

On Thursday, Reggie Bush gave back the Heisman trophy he won in 2005…he says its not an admission of guilt.  Yeah, OK Reggie…you spin ALMOST as good as James Carville, but not quite.

The most interesting noon game, the (12) Arkansas Razorbacks travel to Athens Georgia, home of REM and the B-52′s to play the Georgia Bulldogs. This classic SEC battle has a little back story: the Razorbacks haven’t won in Athens since 2003 and are riding a 6 game losing streak against the Bulldogs (Vegas is giving the Bulldogs 3.5…).

The Best Team in the Country, (1) Alabama gets their big star running back Mark Igram back from knee surgery; just in time to play the Duke Blue Devils, and too bad for Duke, this isn’t basketball (1530 ABC).

The (6) Texas Longhorns have to travel to Lubbock to play the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2000 ABC).  Tech is an insane place to play, Texas Coach Mack Brown is 3-3 in Lubbock. Tech is a smaller venue (60K+) but it is insane loud and the wind is unpredictable.  Vegas is only giving Tech 3 points against Texas…could be an upset watch!

The 2230 Eastern (9) Iowa Hawkeyes at the (24) Arizona Wildcats should be a battle in the trenches worth watching. The Wildcats have a good offensive line; they get to play against the best defensive line in the country.  The Iowa defensive line will be playing on Sundays, so get an eye-full on ESPN.

So what games are you watching? BBQing anything? Its an open sports thread!

Tags: , ,

Comments

124 Responses to “NCAA Football Saturday and Open Thread”

1 | September 18, 2010 11:47 am

i’m ‘betting’ that Ttech covers and ND wins

2 | September 18, 2010 11:49 am

ROLL TIDE!

3 | September 18, 2010 11:50 am

The Osprey wrote:

ROLL TIDE!

it is their title to lose

4 | September 18, 2010 11:59 am

The Osprey wrote:

ROLL TIDE!

it is their title to lose

5 | September 18, 2010 12:05 pm

Repost from backthread:

Wanny really needs to get a hold of this.

A University of Pittsburgh football player is awaiting arraignment this morning on charges of aggravated assault, harassment and disorderly conduct after a fight on an Oakland street.

Keith Coleman, 20, a reserve offensive lineman, was arrested early this morning after an altercation in which another man suffered a broken collarbone, Pittsburgh police said.

6 | September 18, 2010 12:22 pm

@ Bumr50:

Bumr50 wrote:
    Wanny really needs to get a hold of this.

oh, and my alma matter gets 0 from me and the wife until pitt gets rid of wandstedt.

7 | September 18, 2010 12:24 pm

UGA bulldog died…

UGA is without a mascot. it is a sad day

8 | September 18, 2010 12:26 pm

I hope that it doesn’t affect Hines Ward’s play tomorrow!

9. 9 | September 18, 2010 12:26 pm

OT, but it is early. For all you who thought Chris Christie might bte the GOP’s next big star, this will be a disappointment:

Too bad Derek Fenton didn’t burn an American flag instead of pages from the Koran. He might still have a job.

NJTransit fired the 39-year-old railroad worker this week after he was filmed setting fire to ripped pages from the Muslim holy book during a 9/11-anniversary protest at the site of the proposed mosque and Islamic center.

The transit agency said only that Fenton, an 11-year veteran, was terminated because he “violated New Jersey Transit’s code of ethics” and “his trust as a state employee.”

Gov. Chris Christie has endorsed Fenton’s firing — a rare and regrettable miscue from New Jersey’s governor.

That tells me enough. I’m done with him. He may be a great fiscal conservative, but he doesn’t understand enough about either Constitutional principles or the War that we are in for me to want him as President. He is too busy violating Americans civil rights to pander to the Muzz to be President, anyway. Because he is the boss of the people that fired Fenton. He could make this right with a phone call. I hope Fenton sues for millions of dollars, and I hope he wins.

10 | September 18, 2010 12:31 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

I hope that it doesn’t affect Hines Ward’s play tomorrow!

it will. they had a funeral at uga for the dog

11 | September 18, 2010 12:35 pm

UGA bulldog died…

UGA is without a mascot. it is a sad day

Awwww….damn. My dad’s a UGA man. My uncle, his brother, is a Ramblin’ Wreck, or Bumbledy Bee…LOL.

12 | September 18, 2010 12:36 pm

UNCLEAN!!! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

hand nj back to the dems!

“violated New Jersey Transit’s code of ethics” wich the employee signed as a precursor to employment as a LEGAL DOCUMENT well before the Gov’s term.

PATCO!

13 | September 18, 2010 12:39 pm

The Osprey wrote:

UGA bulldog died…
    UGA is without a mascot. it is a sad day

no replacement yet.

14 | September 18, 2010 12:39 pm

While that’s disconcerting, I can’t throw him on the bonfire.

He’s moved economic mountains in New Jersey, more so than anyone that I can remember in my short lifetime.

His contributions far outweigh his naivete in my book. Where many talk a big fiscal conservative game and then run away chickenshit from it, Christie has delivered and keeps delivering.

Of course, letting him know about our dissatisfaction with the way that he’s handled this situation couldn’t hurt.

I’d like to hear him speak about it before I judge him either way.

15 | September 18, 2010 12:41 pm

@ Bumr50:

see #12

16 | September 18, 2010 12:41 pm

UNCLEAN!!! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!

hand nj back to the dems!

“violated New Jersey Transit’s code of ethics” wich the employee signed as a precursor to employment as a LEGAL DOCUMENT.

PATCO!

If he didn’t do it on the job or wearing NT Transit clothing…I don’t see a problem with it, or is the “NJ Transit Code of Ethics” is some sort of totalitarian creed that governs every aspect of your life even outside of work hours?

Christie screwed the pooch here. I’m not quite ready to throw him under the bus for it, but if he does something similar again he can forget my vote in the Presidential primary if he decides to run.

Comparing this to PATCO is a big stretch.

17. 17 | September 18, 2010 12:43 pm

I doubt seriously that you can find Koran burning in there, especially when he was off duty when he did it. About the only professions where a code of ethic is binding off duty that I can think of are the ones where you are never really off duty. Doctor, cop, priest, things like that. I’d say dude’s civil rights have been violated, but that will undoubtably be for a jury to decide. Christie’s position says he doesn’t understand enough about Islam and our war to be President. This is way worse than any gaff Palin has made. We don’t need another President to spend his term lecturing us about how racist we are because we don’t love the Religion of Peace™.

18 | September 18, 2010 12:45 pm

@ The Osprey:

lets get some details and then ask the lawyers

19 | September 18, 2010 12:45 pm

The Osprey wrote:

UGA bulldog died…
    UGA is without a mascot. it is a sad day

no replacement yet.

I bet every Bulldog breeder in GA is banging on the doors of their athletic office trying to get one of their puppies chosen to be the next junkyard dawg…

20 | September 18, 2010 12:48 pm

The Osprey wrote:

The Osprey wrote:
    UGA bulldog died…
    UGA is without a mascot. it is a sad day
    no replacement yet.

can u imagine!!!

21. 21 | September 18, 2010 12:49 pm

Oh, I’m certain there will be a civil suit, so it is more appropriate to say “Ask the Jury”. I notice you dodge the fact that this blatent bowing to the Muzz (and you know that is exactly what it is. He wouldn’t have been fired for burning an American flag or a Bible) is what renders him unfit for the Presidency. We do not need another President to go bow down to the Mullahs of Saudi Arabia and pledge that “America is a Muslim Nation”, or even lecture us on toleratiung the Religion of Peace™ again. If Palin did this, I’d be done with her too. Anyone who panders this blatently to the Muzz is unfit to hold office in the middle of a War with the Muzz. It is that simple. Let him stay in New Jersy, but he should forget any aspirations to National Office.

22. Macker
    22 | September 18, 2010 12:49 pm

@ The Osprey:

23 | September 18, 2010 12:49 pm

the gov of nj has no real control at transit ny/nj. it is an indie entity.

blame the bureaucrats and union

24. 24 | September 18, 2010 12:52 pm

I don’t know their power structure, but he could hae come out against the firing. If you reasd the article, you will notice that a Democrat did. The firing was way over the line. I’d bet he’d have gotten more leniency if he’d piss tested positive for heroin.

25 | September 18, 2010 1:07 pm

That Nevada -- Cal game last night was a good one. Cal had just pulled to within 3 in the 3rd when I nodded off. Kaepernick ran for 3 and passed for 2 TDs.

26 | September 18, 2010 1:08 pm

gov of nj or ny has no real say in the ops of the combined transit authority.

the appointed commissioners have eht end say.

gov is actually clenaing up soprano state. he has bigger things on his plate..

employee signed a document. lets see the details of his actions

27 | September 18, 2010 1:09 pm

A moment of silence for this lad.

28. 28 | September 18, 2010 1:09 pm

Or if he pissed on a Bible, groped a preacher’s underage daughter, and beat up a Rabbi, while taking a hit off a crack-pipe--all in one day. They’d be perfectly OK with it. But OMG, it’s the KORAAAAAAAN. WTF-ever. I’d wipe my ass with it, but the paper is not that good.

29 | September 18, 2010 1:09 pm

huckfunn wrote:

That Nevada – Cal game last night was a good one. Cal had just pulled to within 3 in the 3rd when I nodded off. Kaepernick ran for 3 and passed for 2 TDs.

fine bit of football!

30 | September 18, 2010 1:10 pm

but he could hae come out against the firing.

He could hae? Is that your inner Scotsman showing?

Scots wha’ hae!

The Corries at Edinburgh Castle…I’ve been there!

31 | September 18, 2010 1:11 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

puti is just as bull headed as her mom, and as you are!!!

russian women!

32. 32 | September 18, 2010 1:13 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    puti is just as bull headed as her mom, and as you are!!!
    russian women!

LOL… Isn’t that the truth! But ya gotta luv us Russian broads! We be DA BOMB!

33 | September 18, 2010 1:13 pm

fine bit of football!

Indeed! Hawgs-Dawgs on the menu right now. I generally hated the hogs when they were in the old SW Conference. However, they’re now my SEC favs.

34 | September 18, 2010 1:14 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

@ PrincessNatasha:
    puti is just as bull headed as her mom, and as you are!!!
    russian women!

LOL… Isn’t that the truth! But ya gotta luv us Russian broads! We be DA BOMB!

indeed. the best. infuriating…

35 | September 18, 2010 1:17 pm

@ The Osprey:

k o s b

36 | September 18, 2010 1:20 pm

@ huckfunn:

soooieee pig but vegas is only giving 3.5 to the dogs.

37 | September 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Did you see Dr. Lou last nite? He said “I’ve got 4 kids and they’re all girls but 2 of em.” :lol:

38. 38 | September 18, 2010 1:30 pm

indeed. the best. infuriating…

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (*maniacal laughter*)

Yeah, one of your brethren-males in my neck of the woods is about to find out… He thinks he is bad-ass and up for the challenge… Homeboy better say his prayers! For even Satan himself shudders at the mention of my name.

39 | September 18, 2010 1:32 pm

MRS CW AND I SAW THAT!!!

we love dr lou!

40 | September 18, 2010 1:34 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

indeed. the best. infuriating…
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (*maniacal laughter*)

i’ll pray for him at liturgy tomorrow.

he has no idea of what is about to happen

41. taxfreekiller
    41 | September 18, 2010 1:38 pm

Number One problem.

RINO’S

If we the people are to have a chance to win in this 4th quarter,
    we must do it on the offense.

give to a conservative R
    this one or another, not the RNC or your state R’s

or help those like this

just fight

get others in the game

carry water for the team

just do something

In my not so humble opinion.

now off the the 9/12 thing in Ft. Worth

42 | September 18, 2010 1:39 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

Tt or Texas?

i want tfk input on this game.

43. 43 | September 18, 2010 1:41 pm

i’ll pray for him at liturgy tomorrow.

he has no idea of what is about to happen

LOL… Indeed. I may even go to church, myself, to pray for the poor lost soul… BTW, found an amazing Orthodox Church. It is a home-church, that has been here since early 50s. The founders? An elderly Russian couple who were teens during WWII and were in a refugee camp. Al their relatives were killed either in battle or in the camps, so these two made their way to the US after the war, got their education, kept in touch with many other Russians and founded this little church, with funds out of their own pockets and some donations. The services are held in Russian, and there is an air of an old little Russian country church somewhere in the provinces, and it is so poignant and beautiful. The congregation is very small, not many know about it, but I think these folks like to keep it that way. Totally cool. Like a little piece of old Mother Russia right here.

44. taxfreekiller
    44 | September 18, 2010 1:42 pm

Just a thinking thing.

On the Ark. Hogs.
    If say they get a player of the islamic bent who trys out.

Will they have to change the mascot?

It will get like that.

45. taxfreekiller
    45 | September 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Texas Tech’s new coach makes them get in shape, he plays the guys who try hard in pratice, no more of the coach’s pet stuff the other nut case coach was into.

In my opinon Tech has it by a bit because they may just want it more.@ coldwarrior:

46 | September 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Can I say that modern sports radio sucks the big one?

I want to hear games on the radio when I am not able to be or don’t want to be stuck in front of a tube, not a bunch of blather. I remember when Saturdays were one college game after another on the radio, and they would broadcast games from top rated teams all over the country, not just the region you were listening in.

We have two sports stations here in PHX and they only play games of local teams and the rest of the time it is just talk. Grrrrrrr…

47 | September 18, 2010 1:48 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

please go there.

48 | September 18, 2010 1:48 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

thanks tfk.

3.5 at vegas?

49 | September 18, 2010 1:49 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Just a thinking thing.
    On the Ark. Hogs.
    If say they get a player of the islamic bent who trys out.
    Will they have to change the mascot?
    It will get like that.

! halal !

50 | September 18, 2010 1:50 pm

@ taxfreekiller:
    Talent-wise, I’m not sure how the 2 teams stack up. I do know that Tech is a persistent spoiler and Jones Stadium is a rowdy house. The last time UT was in Lubbock (2008) Tech knocked em out of the BSC in what many said was the game of the year. I miss the flying Mexican flapjacks.

51 | September 18, 2010 1:50 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

and puti sez to go

52 | September 18, 2010 1:51 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Just a thinking thing.
    On the Ark. Hogs.
    If say they get a player of the islamic bent who trys out.
    Will they have to change the mascot?
    It will get like that.

! halal !

The Arkansas Janissaries?
    The Arkansas Mujahids?

I don’t think that will fly with Southern football fans!

53 | September 18, 2010 1:55 pm

The Osprey wrote:

taxfreekiller wrote:
    Just a thinking thing.
    On the Ark. Hogs.
    If say they get a player of the islamic bent who trys out.
    Will they have to change the mascot?
    It will get like that.
    ! halal !

The Arkansas Janissaries?
    The Arkansas Mujahids?
    I don’t think that will fly with Southern football fans!

BWAHAHAHA!

a football team made of entirly muzz ‘males’

bwahAHAHAHAHAH

54. 54 | September 18, 2010 1:57 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    and puti sez to go

I have no choice but to obey, now! ;)

55. 55 | September 18, 2010 1:58 pm

BWAHAHAHA!

a football team made of entirly muzz ‘males’

bwahAHAHAHAHAH

Who will be the cheerleaders: goats or camels? Or are they going to alternate?

56 | September 18, 2010 2:00 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

@ PrincessNatasha:
    and puti sez to go

I have no choice but to obey, now!

dont disobey the puti.

57 | September 18, 2010 2:01 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

BWAHAHAHA!
    a football team made of entirly muzz ‘males’
    bwahAHAHAHAHAH
    Who will be the cheerleaders: goats or camels? Or are they going to alternate?

both,

any real woman would transfer

58 | September 18, 2010 2:04 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

Who will be the cheerleaders: goats or camels? Or are they going to alternate?

Taliban cheerleaders. Kinda quaint in their mini-burkas and prosiboots but I’d have to agree with the mullahs; they reveal way too much hairy flesh and gamey buttocks.

59 | September 18, 2010 2:09 pm

@ huckfunn:

that was a messed up image

to fix my mind:

60. 60 | September 18, 2010 2:11 pm

huckfunn wrote:

And horns! Don’t forget the horns! And you definitely don’t want to reveal the gamey buttocks before their time…
    Can a goat do a back-flip?

61 | September 18, 2010 2:14 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

huckfunn wrote:
    Can a goat do a back-flip?

GAAAAAKKKK!

62. 62 | September 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Christie can’t do anything about the firing. NJ Transit Authority is it’s own Corporate entity. If he’s endorsing the firing, it has to do with fact Christie is reforming the system and needs support from the head of the Transit authority. He can’t get bogged down in a employee dispute. Also he can’t do anything about the firing.

He shouldn’t have said anything, but he can’t do anything either. He needs to pick his battles.

63. 63 | September 18, 2010 2:16 pm

NJ Transit’s website.

NJ TRANSIT is New Jersey’s public transportation corporation. Its mission is to provide safe, reliable, convenient and cost-effective transit service with a skilled team of employees, dedicated to our customers’ needs and committed to excellence.

The Governor appoints the head, but they are independent of State Government.

64 | September 18, 2010 2:17 pm

well..didnt think of it like that

65 | September 18, 2010 2:17 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

@ PrincessNatasha:
    and puti sez to go

I have no choice but to obey, now!

gimme an email about the church.

66. 66 | September 18, 2010 2:18 pm

I’ll set up a Latin Football team called the Conquistadors or Tercios and let them play the Muzzie team.

Latins are 2-0 against Islam.

67 | September 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Latins are 2-0 against Islam.

can we make that argie rugby v all muslims….

64-0

u know what i feel about ‘futbol’

68. 68 | September 18, 2010 2:22 pm

If he appoints the head, then this excuse won’t fly. He’s kowtowing to the Muzz. There really isn’t any other explaination. This is unacceptible in any candidate for President. Such a misstep would kill Palin’s shot at the Presidency. Why hold Christie to a different standard?

69 | September 18, 2010 2:22 pm

sooooeee pigs!

arkansas just walked with the game

24-10

70 | September 18, 2010 2:23 pm

ha!

i get to see nec games!

go bobbie mo!!!!

71 | September 18, 2010 2:25 pm

nope.

iron fist, we are going to fight toe and knuckle on this.

can we let the gov fix nj first, please.

72. NoThreat2U
    72 | September 18, 2010 2:27 pm

Since I don’t follow college ball, I will submit this.

The Haters Guide to the Tennessee Titans.

REASON TO HATE #4: Their fans.

Nothing like a college football town that pretends they’re a REAL football town when the going’s good and then promptly jumps off the bandwagon to go ‘coon huntin’ when the Titans have a down year.

73. 73 | September 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Christie is focused on fixing Jersey. Do you think he really wants to get involved in this? He will support his head, because he wants the head to support him in the battle with the Unions. That guy could of been fired for anything and Christie would of supported the firing.

He’s not running for President anyway, so I still support what he’s doing in Jersey.

The Union is at fault here for not supporting the worker. They are to blame.

I understand your anger at this but I’m not going to start hating Christie for it. I don’t like him speaking out and I think he should of stayed quiet.

74. 74 | September 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Then really, really/B> I don’t expect to hear shit about Palin. Christie can’t run in 2012. So he’d better fucking endorse Palin when she does.

75. 75 | September 18, 2010 2:31 pm

Bush called Islam a Religion and gave preferences to Muzzie immigrants yet many Conservatives give him a pass for that. Christie backed his NJ Transit chief and now people hate him. Makes no sense.

76 | September 18, 2010 2:35 pm

nj isnt tn.

realize this.

77. m
    77 | September 18, 2010 2:37 pm

The Osprey wrote:

The Arkansas Janissaries?
    The Arkansas Mujahids?
    I don’t think that will fly with Southern football fans!

Not related, but related…

I saw the funniest sight the other day (ok VERY funny to me) that made me think of chuckles and I laughed out loud.

A local highschool (The Rebels) was having a friggen tractor parade through the middle of town. There was a tractor full of chicks, a tractor full of guys, cheerleaders, trucks, general “Rebel” mayhem and every one of them were adorned with rebel flags and decked out in gray.

Did I mention the school is at LEAST 85% black?

Chuck would have had a duck in the middle of the street. The dude really doesn’t understand heritage at all.

78. 78 | September 18, 2010 2:43 pm

New Jersey also isn’t National Office. Realize that.

79 | September 18, 2010 2:46 pm

New Jersey also isn’t National Office. Realize that.

i aint calling for nj gov to be prez

i want nj fixed cause we have to live there in a few years

80 | September 18, 2010 2:46 pm

@ m:
    My brother lives in Longview, TX, which has a large percentage black population. The pride of the high school marching band was their drill team which included a 6’4″, 250 lb black lad in boots, hot pants and the whole majorette get-up. My brother said the mostly black crowd was merciless with that dudette.

81 | September 18, 2010 2:48 pm

@ huckfunn:

yar!

that aint ucla cheerleader.

82. m
    82 | September 18, 2010 2:48 pm

@ huckfunn:

Oh I bet, LOL!

83 | September 18, 2010 2:50 pm

the sacred heart cheerleaders arent pretty.

just sayin

84 | September 18, 2010 2:50 pm

ARMY:24

the n texas dudes: 0

85 | September 18, 2010 2:51 pm

He’d probably fit right in at UCLA. Dawgs within 7 with 7 minutes to go in the game.

86 | September 18, 2010 2:55 pm

why o why is uga still in this game

87 | September 18, 2010 2:55 pm

ARMY:24

the n texas dudes: 0

I got 2 alma maters in that game. The UNT coach came from the Texas championship high school several years ago and was supposed to be the cat’s ass. Hasn’t done a thing.

88 | September 18, 2010 2:58 pm

ARMY:24
    the n texas dudes: 0

u do realize that i must root for usma

89 | September 18, 2010 2:58 pm

why o why is uga still in this game

They’re playing for the dead dawg. LOOK AT THAT!

90 | September 18, 2010 2:59 pm

@ huckfunn:

ga and ak just got interesting

91 | September 18, 2010 3:01 pm

1st & G

92 | September 18, 2010 3:01 pm

why o why is uga still in this game
    They’re playing for the dead dawg. LOOK AT THAT!

my wife, the russian, knows ncaa football by the mascots.

she loves dogs, her fave teams are udub and uga.

93 | September 18, 2010 3:02 pm

1st & G

hey now….this is what the college ball is about!

94 | September 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Love it. Could be going to OT. I always wonder why the NFL won’t go to a college OT. I hate sudden death.

95 | September 18, 2010 3:06 pm

huckfunn wrote:

i’m rooting for the dogs!

96 | September 18, 2010 3:08 pm

huckfunn wrote:

i’m rooting for the dogs!

I only root for the dogs when they’re up against LSU. Gee all they need is a FG.

97 | September 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Was that girl’s shirt painted on?

98 | September 18, 2010 3:10 pm

@ huckfunn:

vegas had this at 3.5

99 | September 18, 2010 3:10 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Was that girl’s shirt painted on?

it was

100 | September 18, 2010 3:12 pm

that o call made no sense

101 | September 18, 2010 3:13 pm

They blew that series. Had it in the bag.

102 | September 18, 2010 3:14 pm

ok AK kid, this is yer nfl draft position now

103 | September 18, 2010 3:14 pm

@ huckfunn:

done!

104 | September 18, 2010 3:15 pm

That should do it.

105 | September 18, 2010 3:16 pm

@ huckfunn:

mallet gets a look in nfl

106 | September 18, 2010 3:18 pm

I would think so. The Boinkin kid has an interview with the cheerleaders. :grin: He probably has a lot of fun with that name.

107 | September 18, 2010 3:20 pm

I’ve gotta go do something useful. See ya in Lubbock.

108 | September 18, 2010 3:22 pm

huckfunn wrote:

I would think so. The Boinkin kid has an interview with the cheerleaders. He probably has a lot of fun with that name.

no doubt!

109 | September 18, 2010 3:23 pm

reload 1530 games

110 | September 18, 2010 3:24 pm

God help duke

111 | September 18, 2010 3:33 pm

i would like to see udub beat nebraska…

112. 112 | September 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Who gives a crap about Dook (Yes that is the proper spelling).

113. 113 | September 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Gotta agree with that.

No point canonizing people we barely know.

114. 114 | September 18, 2010 6:56 pm

m wrote:

The Osprey wrote:
    The Arkansas Janissaries?
    The Arkansas Mujahids?
    I don’t think that will fly with Southern football fans!
    Not related, but related…
    Did I mention the school is at LEAST 85% black?

Any local papers have pix of the parade? Post the linkies!

115. snowcrash
    115 | September 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Hook ‘em horns!

116. snowcrash
    116 | September 18, 2010 8:18 pm

Touchdown Texas! Longhorns up 7-0

117 | September 18, 2010 8:34 pm

@ snowcrash:
    Up 14-0 now.

118 | September 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Tech’s back in the game.

119. Calo
    119 | September 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Great punt.

120. Calo
    120 | September 18, 2010 9:32 pm

Intercepted by TT. Impressive catch.

121 | September 18, 2010 10:05 pm

@ Calo:
    I was away for awhile. That Auburn-Clemson game is a GAME!

122. Calo
    122 | September 18, 2010 10:26 pm

@ huckfunn:
    So, which team are you cheering for -- UT or TT? (I think I know the answer, but Ib have to ask)

123 | September 18, 2010 10:32 pm

@ Calo:
    TURNOVER! I’m an Aggie American so UT is my natural enemy, but I’ll pull for them if they’re in the BCS. Go Red Raiders.

124. Calo