David Frum’s true colors

by Rodan ( 136 Comments › )
Filed under Liberal Fascism, Progressives, Republican Party, Socialism at September 19th, 2010 - 8:30 pm

David Frum is a Progressive masquerading as a Conservative. Rather than go after the Left, he constantly attacks the Right and is beloved by the media. He claims to be trying to start a New Modern Conservative movement. Well we already tried that, it was called Compassionate Conservatism and it was merely Big Government Progressivism with a Conservative face. Frum was part of that ideology and it failed. Now Reagan style Conservatism is making a comeback and it upsets him. In a revealing picture, his true colors are shown.

Frum has a poster of Lenin and is claiming he wants a Counter Revolution as opposed to the Conservative Revolution going on now. This picture reveals what he is, a Totalitarian Progressive.

Tags: , ,

Comments

136 Responses to “David Frum’s true colors”

1. mjazz
    1 | September 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Uno

2. mjazz
    3 | September 19, 2010 8:45 pm

If Karl Rove is an example of what being a Republican is all about, screw it, dump the incumbents.
    I’d rather have someone inexperienced who balances the budget instead of spending money on washing Africans’ junk and teaching Chinese whores to drink and spending 111 million dollars to create 55 jobs.

3. 4 | September 19, 2010 8:51 pm

Tokyo Rove is crying in his Wheaties because his guy lost and would rather see the Dem win rather than the “Palin Witch”!

4. song_and_dance_man
    5 | September 19, 2010 8:53 pm

If there’s anything that you want,
    If there’s anything I can spew,
    Just call on me and I’ll tax it along
    With love Frum me to you.

I’ve got everything that you want,
    Like a plan that is oh, so due.
    Just call on me and I’ll tax you along
    With love Frum me to you.

6 | September 19, 2010 8:53 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Heh.

6. song_and_dance_man
    7 | September 19, 2010 8:58 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Heh.

It’s not buzz-worthy, but it works on a certain level.

7. Doppelganger
    8 | September 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Fee Fi
    Fo Frum
    I smell the stink
    of Progressive scum

8. snork
    9 | September 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Change!

Inside the great investment houses on Wall Street, business has taken a surprising turn — downward.

No shit? :roll:

9. song_and_dance_man
    10 | September 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Rodan

You and I have fleshed out what CC really was in the past on this blog, and it might do rightly to enlighten others about just what W had in mind when he and Rove developed that misnomered term. For now, calling it Big Government Progressivism works. I am partial to calling it Progressivism Lite, as you know.

10. snork
    11 | September 19, 2010 9:05 pm

Doppelganger wrote:

Fee Fi
    Fo Frum
    I smell the stink
    of Progressive scum

You axed for it.

Fe fe fi fi
    Fo fo Frum
    Who is the blogger
    Who’s talking points are dumb?

Charlie J.
    Charlie J.
    What the hey
    Oh, Charlie J.

You’re trying to be hip…
    But you’re really fat…
    [Bass voice] Why you all got to do me like that?

12 | September 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Frum was fired from his $100,000 a year job with the American Enterprise Institute – good!

12. Doppelganger
    13 | September 19, 2010 9:15 pm

@ snork:

poifect.

13. 14 | September 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Frum was fired from his $100,000 a year job with the American Enterprise Institute – (and for) good (reason)!

14. Runner
    15 | September 19, 2010 9:22 pm

I just knew this was a Rodan thread without even reading the byline!

15. 16 | September 19, 2010 9:24 pm

That’s funny…

1389 Blog has long used the tagline, Welcome to the counterjihad!

I claim that the counterrevolution and the counterjihad are one and the same. I consider Frum to be a personal enemy.

16. 17 | September 19, 2010 9:24 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

They hated us on LGF for pointing out what Comparionate Conservatism was about.

On another note, The Sunday Night Game are my 2 favorite teams going at it. Giants vs. Colts.

17. 18 | September 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Runner wrote:

I just knew this was a Rodan thread without even reading the byline!

I attack fake Conservatives without mercy.

19 | September 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Speranza wrote:

Excellent!

Free enterprise at work. bad product – there goes the pay

19. 20 | September 19, 2010 9:25 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

It’s Progressivism covered up with the Bible. It’s really a Conservative form of Liberation Theology.

20. song_and_dance_man
    21 | September 19, 2010 9:26 pm

David Frum is a Progressive masquerading as a Conservative. Rather than go after the Left, he constantly attacks the Right and is beloved by the media.

What is next hardly has anything to do with the topic, with the exception that is points to the Left and how they tolerate no dissension.

During the Gore v. Bush Florida challenge Ed Rendell was the DNC Chairman. I recall vividly Ed going on the record, via a TV interview, his opinion that Gore had lost and Al should concede and the DNC recoup their losses moving forward.

Wet Willie was not pleased and then found pleasure again. Ed was fired shortly after and was replaced, IIRC, by Terry McAuliffe.

The Left have to toleration with dissenters and the point is, neither should we.

21. 22 | September 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Runner wrote:
    I just knew this was a Rodan thread without even reading the byline!
    I attack fake Conservatives without mercy.

We love you for it!

22. song_and_dance_man
    23 | September 19, 2010 9:28 pm

Speranza wrote:

Good. Maybe he can take up shop in a garage, for food stamps, with the Cato da Elbow Institute.

23. 24 | September 19, 2010 9:29 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    They hated us on LGF for pointing out what Comparionate Conservatism was about.

I’m a Bears fan – they won today!

24. AZfederalist
    25 | September 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Frum is another of the leftists’ house conservatives

/in the old south sense of the word

25. song_and_dance_man
    26 | September 19, 2010 9:30 pm

They hated us on LGF for pointing out what Comparionate Conservatism was about.

yeah and we caught hell for being the first to criticize Bush. If my words were still there I would link them.

26. song_and_dance_man
    27 | September 19, 2010 9:32 pm

It was a good day. The Cowboys lost, again, and the Raiders won.

27. Runner
    28 | September 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Runner wrote:

I just knew this was a Rodan thread without even reading the byline!

I attack fake Conservatives without mercy.

I know. You’re like the Terminator in that respect!

28. song_and_dance_man
    29 | September 19, 2010 9:39 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Frum is another of the leftists’ house conservatives

/in the old south sense of the word

Ouch, that hurt. *trying to get up* I think I need a McCain.

29. wolfie
    30 | September 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Frum is even more useless than David Brooks.
    At least Brooks gives us an occasional fashion or food tip.

30. m
    31 | September 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Radical Islam on rise in Balkans

shocka

31. Runner
    32 | September 19, 2010 9:43 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

AZfederalist wrote:

Frum is another of the leftists’ house conservatives

/in the old south sense of the word

Ouch, that hurt. *trying to get up* I think I need a McCain.

“Take a powder, a D.C. Powder.”

32. song_and_dance_man
    33 | September 19, 2010 9:45 pm

OT

Peyton is beating his brother.

33. 34 | September 19, 2010 9:47 pm

Brick – if you are online…is it okay if I use a quote from one of your comments in a future thread?

LINK

It’s got to start someplace to counteract an entire generation currently being indoctrinated to believe:

1. There is no good and evil, only differing viewpoints.

2. All viewpoints are equally valid,

3. However, criticism of State sanctioned viewpoints will be punished.

Good morning, all.

34. Brick
    35 | September 19, 2010 9:47 pm

Just curious, does anyone think in the upcoming general elections that if defeated at the ballot box, the “establishment candidates” will just quietly walk away?

In the current primary cycle, we’ve seen the losers go third party, mount write-in challenges, and even initial reluctance of the parties to vigorously back the candidate chosen by their constituents.

I’d like to think yes, but my crystal ball is cloudy.

36 | September 19, 2010 9:49 pm

All this talk about dabbling and it’s not even lame duck season yet!

36. 37 | September 19, 2010 9:50 pm

m wrote:

Radical Islam on rise in Balkans
    shocka

Serb-bashing currently in progress on “Criminal Minds.”

My husband is gearing up to send them a nasty letter.

37. Brick
    38 | September 19, 2010 9:50 pm

1389AD wrote:

LINK
    1. There is no good and evil, only differing viewpoints.
    2. All viewpoints are equally valid,
    3. However, criticism of State sanctioned viewpoints will be punished.
    Good morning, all.

Sure. Provided it’s not held up as an example of what an idiot I am. :)

38. song_and_dance_man
    39 | September 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Runner wrote:

“Take a powder, a D.C. Powder.”

Too bad there is no Enzyte for brains. Oh wait.

39. 40 | September 19, 2010 9:52 pm

Brick wrote:

1389AD wrote:
    LINK
    1. There is no good and evil, only differing viewpoints.
    2. All viewpoints are equally valid,
    3. However, criticism of State sanctioned viewpoints will be punished.
    Good morning, all.
    Sure. Provided it’s not held up as an example of what an idiot I am.

Nope! :lol:

When I’ve had some rest, I hope to put up a thread about moral relativism and nihilism.

40. 41 | September 19, 2010 9:53 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Runner wrote:
    “Take a powder, a D.C. Powder.”
    Too bad there is no Enzyte for brains. Oh wait.

It’s called “Blogmocracy.” :lol:

41. Runner
    42 | September 19, 2010 9:53 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Ha! I had to look that up!

43 | September 19, 2010 9:53 pm

Hmm; What could possibly be going on here? Father charged with killing 3 children,

The bodies of a 7-year-old girl, a 12-year-old boy and a 14-year-old girl were found in their beds in the 13000 block of Homestead.
    Their father, 47-year-old Mohammad Goher, was unconscious with a gunshot wound to the head when authorities arrived around 9:45 a.m.

Neighbor Julio Rodriguez said he heard a woman who lived in the apartment screaming Sunday morning for help in broken English. The woman, a family friend who arrived from Pakistan a few months ago, was hysterical, flailing her arms for help, Rodriguez said.

44 | September 19, 2010 9:54 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    We worded it very carefully in those days,,,otherwise w-lover would jump all over your ass, lol!

44. wolfie
    45 | September 19, 2010 9:56 pm

Brick wrote:

Good question.
    I don’t think they will, at least not most of them.
    I think they’ll work to undermine any real change.

45. Brick
    46 | September 19, 2010 9:56 pm

@ 1389AD:
    Cool. When it’s posted, ping me, or whatever you do here as an “inside” notification.

I’m sure it’ll be a good read. :)

46. taxfreekiller
    47 | September 19, 2010 9:56 pm

I have not had much use for Hugh Hewitt for some time, he is way to far up the rear end of the R leadership inho, yet the list he has up on his blog of who to support in Nov. is not that bad.

He even has Rand Paul and Christine O’Donell.

Check the list out it would be easy to use here but I’m still leary of Hewitt and his get along with the commies and his support of McCain prior.

That and he got the “Christmas in Cambodia” tip from myself and Navy Chief and did not say so, just ran with it like it was his find.

any how, He seems to have left the “eat RINO shit” if its all’s we can do deal behind,

47. taxfreekiller
    48 | September 19, 2010 9:59 pm

On Frum.

Don’t ask, cause he’ll tell.

48. 49 | September 19, 2010 10:00 pm

Brick (#35),

Those in power want to stay in power.

The genius of the Founding Fathers is that they created a mechanism to remove those powers if we disagree with their actions.

We’re seeing that in play now. It is also an indication of where America stands in that a general uprising is taking place against them.

49. Possum
    50 | September 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Off Topic…

Hi Stalkers!!!

50. Runner
    51 | September 19, 2010 10:02 pm

Possum wrote:

Off Topic…

Hi Stalkers!!!

Are we being watched…? ;)

52 | September 19, 2010 10:03 pm

@ Geepers:
    Geep! How you been? Long time no see.

52. Brick
    53 | September 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Geepers wrote:

Brick (#35),
    Those in power want to stay in power.

Agreed.
    The more things get sideways, the more I’m awed at how visionary the Founding Fathers were. A republic if you can keep it. Indeed!
    I pray we don’t have to resort to Plan B.

53. Brick
    54 | September 19, 2010 10:06 pm

@ 1389AD:
    Meant to ask, is your Av in reference to the Battle of Kosovo?

54. taxfreekiller
    55 | September 19, 2010 10:11 pm

Always have a plan B, in fact have three fall back points to rally.

For sure when your inside the other sides wire.

This two party evil money cult will join hands in a heart beat knowing we are about to cut off their fat pork supply.

Easy for them as only about 3 or 4 thousand of them are in charge of all the $ and power, when with U.S. we are a pack of 300,000 or so power centers and not org. at all except the protection of our freedom and liberty and the constitution.

@ Brick:

55. Brick
    56 | September 19, 2010 10:11 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

He even has Rand Paul and Christine O’Donell.

Also on the plus side, he got Pa’s preferred candidate right. Maybe he’s had a conversion?
    And Hi TFK. I definitely remember you from the other place. :)

56. 57 | September 19, 2010 10:12 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

OT
    Peyton is beating his brother.

I have visions of Olivia sending a text to Peyton at halftime – “You tell those boys on your defense to stop being mean to Eli!”

Back on topic. I remember about a year or two ago Frum wrote an essay that Mark Levin tore to pieces on air. Not satisfied, that idiot Frum then called in to Mark’s show and the Great One was happy to further eviscerate him live on the air.

57. song_and_dance_man
    58 | September 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Brick wrote:

Interesting question and analysis.

For better or worse Palin and the Tea Partiers have everything to do with a convincing shakeup in the established political hierarchy. How it will pan out will be seen come Judgment Day this Nov, for starters.

If there is any hope for a win with the controversial upstarts, as it goes with national politics, Sarah is the Poster Child. She came from almost nowhere and has upset the DC applecart. And those who are sooo controversial follow in her train.

And with a reluctance to compare the Right with the Left, Lieberman was dumped and won with an independent run.

My gut feeling is, the New Right is due for a big win and those who stand in the way have no other recourse to hold on to power than to run outside the newly established political lanes.

The naysayers hold to the notion that the Rights voting block will be divided. But I have more faith in the hearts of people that can clearly sense truth and that true Change is needed.

To the ‘Right’ incumbents and shaped cum molded franchise pols, it’s time to get out of the way and do what is best for those up and coming.

58. m
    59 | September 19, 2010 10:14 pm

@ Runner:

24/7

~:)

*flips the loozards a virtual bird*

59. wolfie
    60 | September 19, 2010 10:15 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Oooooh! That must have been classic!

61 | September 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

The Great One does not suffer fools gladly.

61. song_and_dance_man
    62 | September 19, 2010 10:17 pm

1389AD wrote:

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Too bad there is no Enzyte for brains. Oh wait.

It’s called “Blogmocracy.”

Ding and Ditto.

62. 63 | September 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Hey huckfunn.

Doing real good thanks. Don’t get a chance to post much anymore, but it’s good to stop in and see the state of the blog world. If 2.0 is any indication we’re in good hands.

63. taxfreekiller
    64 | September 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Correction:

“Hi Stalker.”

Very likely CJ and 150 or so sock puppets of his and 50 or so of ours.
    And as we all know, sock puttets do not count in the Senseus.@ Possum:

64. song_and_dance_man
    65 | September 19, 2010 10:20 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

@ song_and_dance_man:

One had to be tough in that once tough room.

I raise you 2 sharmutas.

65. Runner
    66 | September 19, 2010 10:22 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I would love to have heard that one!

66. Alberta Oil Peon
    67 | September 19, 2010 10:22 pm

@ huckfunn:

That’s a tough one to call, based on the limited amount of information in the story. Bitter divorce, and non-custodial parent killing the children, so the ex can’t have them? Sadly enough, it happens periodically, and often enough, it’s not muslims. The guy’s religion might not necessarily be a factor in this crime. But, then again, it might. Is his ex a non-muslim? Or was she dating a non-muslim, and creating a possibility that the kids would be raised as infidels?

It’s a 50-50 call on this one, based on the data presented. One way or another, though, the perp is a creep, and lethal injection is too good for him.

67. song_and_dance_man
    68 | September 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Possum wrote:

Off Topic…

Hi Stalkers!!!

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGqPzrNypzw

68. Runner
    69 | September 19, 2010 10:26 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

One had to be tough in that once tough room.

Yes, it could get rough at time. I think you gave me a knuckle rap there once, lol.

69. taxfreekiller
    70 | September 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Got a little trouble, seems ms tfk did not like the look Ann Coulter gave me when I took her photo at the Ft. Worth tea party deal.

I’m about 6’4″ and had on my Luchesse stirup boots, had on my white pearl snap wangler shirt, and avation sun glasses,,, seems Ann took her eyes off the TV camera she was looking into and waved and smiled real coy (per ms tfk) she is on her computer just now saying she is going to delet it or I have to buy her some new stuff.

that is just not fair, Coulter was just happy I did not fall down and hurt myself….

71 | September 19, 2010 10:28 pm

Geepers wrote:

Hey huckfunn.

If I had a boat like yours, I wouldn’t be posting much myself. Keep the wind in your sails. Cheers!

71. song_and_dance_man
    72 | September 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

With four other brothers the field of battle was always in a room or in the back yard.

If one is to tangle with Levin homework is a requirement and you better be right. That, or stay home.

72. 73 | September 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Brick wrote:

@ 1389AD:
    Meant to ask, is your Av in reference to the Battle of Kosovo?

It sure is!

74 | September 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

The defense didn’t get that text.

74. wolfie
    75 | September 19, 2010 10:32 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    You devil, you!

75. Runner
    76 | September 19, 2010 10:32 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

Is it me or is it a bit *warm* in here?

76. taxfreekiller
    77 | September 19, 2010 10:35 pm

We will know we have results when Shawn, Rush, and all the other big and small conservative talk show guys and other leading conservatives do not carry the freight via the fact their add revenue is what carries the dam AP/MSM hacks who (lie) the news during the breaks in the shows. Shawn talks, then come the add, then comes the dam MSM/AP lies piggy backed on the conservative talk show host add money.

Once they stop carrying the lies via their work, or we stop them from it,, progress for U.S. be hard. Once we break the easy way the msm carries the lie words to the people things will get much more easy to do.

In My Not So Humble Opinion.

77. Runner
    78 | September 19, 2010 10:38 pm

amen

79 | September 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

@ huckfunn:

Not a tough call for me. We have at least 2 mohammeds, a convenience store, 3 dead kids and a friend from Pakistan. Muslim honor killing. The only mystery is how long it will take the investigators to step up and say so.

79. song_and_dance_man
    80 | September 19, 2010 10:39 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:
    One had to be tough in that once tough room.

Noooo…Really? If so, it must have been an anti-possum thingy. Gentle and cotton candy like.

80. taxfreekiller
    81 | September 19, 2010 10:42 pm

There has to be some new high tech internet idea we can use ,, some off shoot of the TVO where the host of the show can have the show seen by every one, yet the adds be selected by the viewers.

Sort of block Goverment Motors adds and let in the John Deer adds…. @ taxfreekiller:

81. Brick
    82 | September 19, 2010 10:42 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

The New Right. That’s a neat turn of phrase.

and thanks for your thoughts.

-Keeping the faith through Election Day.

83 | September 19, 2010 10:42 pm

huckfunn wrote:

We have at least 2 mohammeds

There’s two of the now? One Mohammed has been more than enough, IMHO.

83. 84 | September 19, 2010 10:43 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

ms tfk is smart enough to know how to keep mr tfk in line, now get ya’ll down to wally-world and make ms tfk happy, before ms tfk makes mr tfk unhappy… ;)

84. song_and_dance_man
    85 | September 19, 2010 10:45 pm

A song of sad tribute to the Giants.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A2eet1bttY

85. 86 | September 19, 2010 10:45 pm

@ wolfie:
    @ huckfunn:

Levin mocks Frum all the time – “Let’s see….I’ve sold a million books about conservatism and that Frum guy’s sold maybe what – four thousand?”

Frum did a lot of sputtering during the exchange. Levin challenged him on every one of his points. He’s like Kathleen Parker – if they’re appearing on CNN and MSNBC regularly on their panels, they aren’t conservatives – they’re the supposed conservatives the lefturd media brings out to bash us. Because they’re nothing but a bunch of judas goats.

87 | September 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Oh look at this lovely little graphic of RSM Chucky has posted on his “pages”…

I hate to link directly to the swamp but I can’t figure out another way to post this at the moment…

87. Brick
    88 | September 19, 2010 10:48 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

I don’t think the difficulty will be in blocking and targeting, that could be done by simply sifting through the browser’s history…I think the hiccup to overcome would be, what to charge the advertisers?

How would you set rates, when you can’t guarantee exposure, not knowing what potential viewers may have their individual browsers set to block?

88. 89 | September 19, 2010 10:48 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    The defense didn’t get that text.

I imagine Peyton replying “Awwwww, Mooooooom.”

89. taxfreekiller
    90 | September 19, 2010 10:49 pm

ya, Shawn’s producers go to say 10 companies,

We have this big viewership, you will be one of 10 companies our viewers can choose to see an add from, only if our view at home picks you add do we charge you. That way we out here call the $ shots.

If you had a choice of watching an add from GM or say Remmington Fire Arms or Budwiser Clydesdales on Beer with the Dallas Cowboy cheer leaders kicking back a cold one,,,,, ya, not many would choose GM.

How would that be done so’s it would work??? @ taxfreekiller:

91 | September 19, 2010 10:50 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Hmmm… same description here. My Luchesse’s are full quill cognac ostrich ropers. Bloggin from Johnson County. D’ya know of anyone looking for a good used Barnett Shale landman?

91. Runner
    92 | September 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Hmm, it seems my last comment disappeared down the rabbit hole.

92. taxfreekiller
    93 | September 19, 2010 10:51 pm

ps
    This idea is not free from TFK on the internet,

Fox News and the Saudi rich guy, you have to pay me .0001 of all the add revenue you make off this idea.

Signed

taxfreekiller@ taxfreekiller:

93. 94 | September 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Aw hell..I was hoping Nissan was pulling that lame-ass polar bear commercial. Just aired during the game.

I have to say I’m really finding those Sunday Ticket ads funny. Just saw the one with the New York cabbie today.

94. taxfreekiller
    95 | September 19, 2010 10:52 pm

Ya Hugo Chavez, he needs to get the Hamrick and Payne rigs working, I think they are going to drill down Cuba way.@ huckfunn:

95. Alberta Oil Peon
    96 | September 19, 2010 10:53 pm

@ huckfunn:

Not an honor killing, IMHO. Usually the victims of such are daughters past puberty who are accused of having illicit (to the muslim mind) romantic relationships, or of simply failing to dress in the muzzie attire, as in the case of Aqsa Parvez. And honor killers don’t usually suicide; they like to bask in the glory they have earned amongst their kind.

I’d love to be able to hang this one on islam, but I think it lacks the earmarks of a typical muslim family crime. And it does have direct parallels with a couple of notorious cases in Canada, where estranged fathers killed their own children to spite the ex-wife, neither instance involving muslims.

96. Runner
    97 | September 19, 2010 10:54 pm

huckfunn wrote:

taxfreekiller wrote:

Okay, I give up. WTF is a Luchesse?

I say this (probably) with shame as my grandfather worked as a bootmaker for Olsen Stelzer in Henrietta, TX until retirement.

97. Runner
    98 | September 19, 2010 10:55 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

song_and_dance_man wrote:
    One had to be tough in that once tough room.

It was a misunderstanding do to my lack of writing skilzzzzz.

99 | September 19, 2010 10:55 pm

No, seriously. And also, why is it that your posts always have the person you’re replying to on the bottom, rather than on the top like everybody else? Dyslexic?

99. song_and_dance_man
    100 | September 19, 2010 10:56 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Oh look at this lovely little graphic of RSM Chucky has posted on his “pages”…

Jealousy is a dangerous ball to juggle. But somehow Foster the clown manages it.

100. Alberta Oil Peon
    101 | September 19, 2010 10:58 pm

@ The Osprey:
    Hit the road, mo’
    Don’t want no mo’, no mo’, no mo’
    Hit the road, mo’
    Don’t want no mo’, no mo”.

101. 102 | September 19, 2010 10:58 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

Well, it is called Little GREEN Foozballs.

102. song_and_dance_man
    103 | September 19, 2010 10:58 pm

WTF is a Luchesse?

My guess would be French Cowboys.

103. 104 | September 19, 2010 11:00 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

The Osprey wrote:
    Oh look at this lovely little graphic of RSM Chucky has posted on his “pages”…

Yes, that’s undoubtedly why he banned everyone… Twice…

104. 105 | September 19, 2010 11:00 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

I would think the equivalent for me would be Tony Lamas.

105. taxfreekiller
    106 | September 19, 2010 11:01 pm

@ Runner:
    lucchese

beer is no longer in the fridge….

106. taxfreekiller
    107 | September 19, 2010 11:02 pm

lucchese family are Italian…@ song_and_dance_man:

107. 108 | September 19, 2010 11:02 pm

huckfunn wrote:
    taxfreekiller wrote:

Okay, I give up. WTF is a Luchesse?

Very expensive Cowboy boot company…

108. Runner
    109 | September 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Dorian!

So tell me, was that you in that video clip from a thread or two ago? The guy with the bitchin’ glasses and the chin whiskers?

109. Runner
    110 | September 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Ah, I thought it might be the fifth family of the five families of NYC.

110. song_and_dance_man
    111 | September 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

judas goats

Love that. Both words work to create a symbiotic relationship when thought of in a theological sense.

111. Brick
    112 | September 19, 2010 11:04 pm

ya, Shawn’s producers go to say 10 companies,
    How would that be done so’s it would work??? @ taxfreekiller:

From a $$ perspective…
    Best Case – your ad gets picked by everyone – lots of eyeballs, they pay more $$, get lots of exposure, get increased brand recognition, and/or calls to action.

Worst Case – NOBODY want to see your ad. Who bears the cost for the actual ad campaign/production?

Logistically, the ads would likely have to be selected prior to the actual content being aired so that the Budweiser bikini chick ad request goes to TFK’s puter, Brick’s puter, etc.

Nothing sounds insurmountable so far…

112. taxfreekiller
    113 | September 19, 2010 11:04 pm

Cosimo Lucchese was the son of the old man,, ms tfk’s family knew them in San Antonio back in the day…

113. Runner
    114 | September 19, 2010 11:05 pm

@ Runner:
    lucchese

beer is no longer in the fridge….

*hangs head in shame*

115 | September 19, 2010 11:05 pm

huckfunn wrote:

taxfreekiller wrote:

Okay, I give up. WTF is a Luchesse?

Here is a Luchesse. My feet bones are worn out so I wear the low heel ropers.

115. Alberta Oil Peon
    116 | September 19, 2010 11:05 pm

If I wanted me a nice set of cowboy boots, I’d be going here.

116. taxfreekiller
    117 | September 19, 2010 11:07 pm

keep in mind, the whole idea is to cut out the msm/ap/cbs lies from piggey backing on our dimes….@ Brick:

117. 118 | September 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Dorian!

Who, this guy???

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pc463cz1z8

Yup, that be me all right…

118. song_and_dance_man
    119 | September 19, 2010 11:08 pm

Runner wrote:

It was a misunderstanding do to my lack of writing skilzzzzz.

Well, in belatedness, I hope we were both right.

119. Runner
    120 | September 19, 2010 11:10 pm

@ huckfunn:

Beautiful!

As I said above, my grandfather worked at Olsen Stelzer in Texas for decades (I believe he made the soles). Subsequently my dad had countless pairs of handmade boots of python, ostrich, etc. I recall visiting my grandfather in the 70s at the Olsen Stelzer shop and going into the manufacturing area where lots of men and women were sewing boots together.

120. Runner
    121 | September 19, 2010 11:13 pm

That’s it!

Nice specs, by the way.

121. 122 | September 19, 2010 11:14 pm

That’s it!
    Nice specs, by the way.

I can honestly say, I wish that I did not need them…

122. Brick
    123 | September 19, 2010 11:14 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

That would certainly do it. In fact, in terms of advertising, the Internet is still in its infancy. Still only 2 methods at this point, email and browser/pop ups. Once a “seamless” reliable real-time delivery mechanism is rolled out, I think TV will go the way of the 35mm film camera. The browsing history/cookies contain all the data needed to deliver ridiculously targeted ads to people based on what they’ve looked at before. Google and MSN both have pretty good head starts on this technology though.

123. song_and_dance_man
    124 | September 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Well, it is called Little GREEN Foozballs.

Heh.

Did you ever catch Dennis the Peasant’s revelation of what the blog was really named after? I was disappointed it was not boogers or speed pills.

But then again, it may have been one more transferred lie.

124. taxfreekiller
    125 | September 19, 2010 11:16 pm

you f’n talking to me???@ doriangrey:

125. taxfreekiller
    126 | September 19, 2010 11:17 pm

ya but those commies will roll out the lies for free@ Brick:

126. Runner
    127 | September 19, 2010 11:17 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:

It’s all good.

I literally made a comment that could be taken several different ways.

I was also getting close to a tif with Sharm so my ability to get my point across was impaired!

127. taxfreekiller
    128 | September 19, 2010 11:18 pm

if those two and or yahoo get the deal going, then things will only get worse and fast….@ Brick:

128. Runner
    129 | September 19, 2010 11:19 pm

I’m in the same boat. I hate to wear glasses but I need them. And contacts are not for me.

129. taxfreekiller
    130 | September 19, 2010 11:19 pm

“sarc tag”@ taxfreekiller:

130. Runner
    131 | September 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Damn. I see there is a new thread.

131. 132 | September 19, 2010 11:21 pm

you f’n talking to me???@ doriangrey:

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssGFsap8GIE

133 | September 19, 2010 11:22 pm

@ huckfunn:

Beautiful!

Takes a while to break them in, but then they are very comfy footwear. I have a pair in black cherry (church, funerals and weddings) and a pair in cognac for every day stomping around.

133. 134 | September 19, 2010 11:23 pm

It keeps getting clearer to me how people’s faces are reflecting their beliefs, almost like a growing tribal identity. I will write a post sometime about how you can recognize, almost all the time, a commercial done by liberals, let alone a movie made by them. This was not always so, as I have only begun to become aware of this phenomenon. Look at the face of the woman just release from Iran, her face screams deluded moonbat.

Look at the faces of so many in academia, or in certain parts of the country. Liberalism is a disease that actually begins to affect a person’s physical appearance. To me that full-tilt moonbat look hearkens back the hippie days, and also the Jesus Freak days of the early seventies. Same look, one of deluded, sort of smug self-righteousness. Think of Nancy Pelosi (sorry).

It is the result of years of self-delusion, while you sit here protected for the most part from the true evil in this earth, you develop a sheltered historically impossible to sustain view of life. Doom will be the reward for these people, sudden and irreversible crumbling of all that they have believed. It is interesting to me that this same look can be found on all the self-righteous, from shallow Evangelicals, to smarmy environmentalists, to granola-chewing health addicts.

It is the imprint upon the visage of those that have bowed the knee to Baal, and kissed his lips. It is the sellout to self-made-religion, to the delusion that you can do good, and thus you are good. It is the embracing of a lie, the lie, or lies, in that all human history screams to us all, “we are NOT good.” Our goodness cannot be manufacture by embracing Gaea, or saving whales, or trying to create Utopia. Our goodness must be reckoned to us by God because we simply believed He is and He is the director of human life, of human government, of human history.

The mistake of the Obama’s of this world is they will not wait for God to reveal His way, his path, they must try to create something in their image, when God himself has taken thousands of years to direct humanity to THIS time, to this experiment in human freedom in America. And if allowed they would snuff it all out, in the deluded belief they have a better idea, and even worse that they can implement that idea.

Whenever this is tried millions die, and they never seem to remember that the last time when their spiritual fore-fathers tried the same exact thing it results in the same slaughter of the innocents. Stupid ignorant darkened minds, without any understanding of humanity, of God, or of history.

134. 135 | September 19, 2010 11:26 pm

huckfunn wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    Beautiful!

Dude… I have had cars that I did pay that much for…

135. 136 | September 20, 2010 2:08 pm

[…] FrumForum intern ad has stirred criticism in a corner of the blogosphere. David Frum’s true […]