Ncaa Football Open Sticky Thread, Week 4

by coldwarrior ( 170 Comments › )
Filed under College Football, Open thread, Sports at September 25th, 2010 - 11:30 am

This every Saturday after the Saturday Lecture open NCAA thread for those of us watching football and not wanting to soil the respectable threads with cries of ‘Hook ‘em Horns’ or ‘Soooeeeee Piggie!’ and we sure don’t want to run Ralphie through a serious thread! Some of our writers would get really mad. This will be a stickie at the top of the page, its football and open, please see the ‘normal’ yet excellent threads below; get crazy and open two tabs!

The rankings have barely changed because everyone above the #17 rank is 3-0. I don’t see any shake-up happening this week except…(1) Alabama could lose at (10)Arkansas if the stars are in perfect alignment.

Its week 4 already and my beloved Pitt Panthers were embarrassed at home Thursday night by the hated Miami Felons, errrr, Hurricanes.  And as I write this, the Friday night game has (4) TCU at SMU and its tied at 7!  I don’t expect an upset here.

The noon slot doesn’t look too interesting. The ESPN crew is at Boise State home of the (3) Broncos and the blue Smurf Turf, if you have never seen the turf, tune into ESPN or check the game at 2000 eastern.

The 1530 eastern slot features an SEC clash: (1) Alabama at (10) Arkansas, the money is giving Arkansas 7 at home. This game has the potential to be much closer than that. Arkansas CAN win against Alabama, this is the first real test for the Tide this year.  Ryan Mallett, the QB for Arkansas would love some payback after the stomping he took at ‘Bama last year.

The 1900 eastern slot has unranked Georgia at Mississippi State, this game is a pick ‘em and a good SEC match up.At 1945 (12) South Carolina Gamecocks are at (17) Auburn this look to a another close SEC street fight.

Then we get to the over-hyped game of the week at 2000, (24) Oregon State is going to (3) Boise State. This game should not even be close. Vegas is giving the (see post 154, i made a HUGE mistake) Beavers 18! I will be looking at this game because i love the Smurf Turf on HD and the Boise State fans are MANIACS!

*oooh! lok, ribs!

and Puti sez hi!

Tags: , ,

Comments

170 Responses to “Ncaa Football Open Sticky Thread, Week 4”

1 | September 25, 2010 11:41 am

Big game at South Bend today. Notre Dame plays #16 Stanford & the Irish need a win.
    They lost two very winable games to Michigan & Michigan State.
    If they lose three in a row the Domers will be very unhappy with
    new coach Brian Kelly.

2 | September 25, 2010 11:44 am

They lost two very winable games to Michigan & Michigan State.
    If they lose three in a row the Domers will be very unhappy with
    new coach Brian Kelly.

stanford is a very good team, it does not look good for the irish today

3. Macker
    3 | September 25, 2010 11:50 am

Good. I LOATHE Notre Dame!

4 | September 25, 2010 11:54 am

Macker wrote:

Good. I LOATHE Notre Dame!

they are a huge rival for pitt, but i give them respect for the schedule they play every year. its always tough

5. 5 | September 25, 2010 12:03 pm

NCAA=arrested development…

6. Macker
    6 | September 25, 2010 12:06 pm

NCAA = No Chance Ann Arbor

7. Doppelganger
    7 | September 25, 2010 12:06 pm

It is impossible to soil a thread with ‘Hook ‘em Horns’ .

This can only enhance any thread in which it is posted

PS: Hook ‘em Horns !

8. Doppelganger
    8 | September 25, 2010 12:09 pm

I just want to point out that the Big 10 is highly overrated.
    I count 5 teams in the top 25.

and none of them will win a bowl game ( provided all of them make it )

9 | September 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Doppelganger wrote:

I just want to point out that the Big 10 is highly overrated.
    I count 5 teams in the top 25.
    and none of them will win a bowl game ( provided all of them make it )

true…ohio state is good, but they would get stomped by ‘bama

doriangrey wrote:

NCAA=arrested development…

dont like it, dont post.

easy

10 | September 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Doppelganger wrote:

It is impossible to soil a thread with ‘Hook ‘em Horns’ .
    This can only enhance any thread in which it is posted
    PS: Hook ‘em Horns !

where do you think the horns end up at the end of the year?

11. Lost
    11 | September 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Hey! What do you think of the GF result?

12 | September 25, 2010 12:45 pm

Lost wrote:

Hey! What do you think of the GF result?

a tie???

13. Poteen
    13 | September 25, 2010 12:50 pm

Macker wrote:

Good. I LOATHE Notre Dame!

You sir, have earned a trip to purgatory. Blaspheme no more.

14. Lost
    14 | September 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Yup and a replay next week. I’m obviously not telling you anything new. Did you watch the game?

15 | September 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Poteen wrote:

Macker wrote:
    Good. I LOATHE Notre Dame!

You sir, have earned a trip to purgatory. Blaspheme no more.

now go pray 10 hail mary’s and 3 our fathers and an act of contrition!

16. Doppelganger
    16 | September 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Doppelganger wrote:
    It is impossible to soil a thread with ‘Hook ‘em Horns’ .
    This can only enhance any thread in which it is posted
    PS: Hook ‘em Horns !
    where do you think the horns end up at the end of the year?

I’m not sold on them just yet. I think they’ll probably have 2 losses at the end of the year

17 | September 25, 2010 12:55 pm

Lost wrote:

i have not watched te game yet, i will tomorrow (tivo’ed it)

i may do a post about this rare phenomenon tho and give it to bunk for an overnight

18 | September 25, 2010 12:56 pm

Doppelganger wrote:

Doppelganger wrote:
    It is impossible to soil a thread with ‘Hook ‘em Horns’ .
    This can only enhance any thread in which it is posted
    PS: Hook ‘em Horns !
    where do you think the horns end up at the end of the year?

so they wont make the big 12 championship?

19. Lost
    19 | September 25, 2010 1:00 pm

Let me know when and I’ll try and be there!
    It’s 3am. Time for bed.
    See y’all later.

20 | September 25, 2010 1:17 pm

@ Lost:

night

21. Doppelganger
    21 | September 25, 2010 1:19 pm

50-50

22 | September 25, 2010 1:35 pm

ouch, the BC eagles just made a big timing mistake at the Vtech 1 yard line! time ran out.

at the half VT7 BC 0

23. mjazz
    23 | September 25, 2010 1:49 pm

4 weeks and only 22 comments?

24 | September 25, 2010 1:56 pm

mjazz wrote:

4 weeks and only 22 comments?

no, this is just the week 4 thread!

25. NoThreat2U
    25 | September 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Well you did say this was an open thread too:

For the past two years, the public has been bombarded with statements to the effect that the Tea Party movement is supported by white Americans only. This week, the PJTV/Pulse Opinion Research Tea Party Tracking Poll explodes this view.

26. NoThreat2U
    26 | September 25, 2010 2:18 pm

Waiting for the raiding party to Philly…..

Jihadists Making Themselves at Home in Philadelphia
    Extremists in the city and the countryside are spreading hate against America and the West.

27. snowcrash
    27 | September 25, 2010 2:20 pm

UCLA meets the Longhorns in Austin. ABC has the game at 2:30 central.
    Hook ‘em horns. Look for my son on godzillatron, he’ll one of many goof’s painted burnt orange. I hope the rain clears, I have to hang my banner off the patio arbor and irritate the A&M fans across the way. LOL.

28 | September 25, 2010 2:25 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

it is the open thread for now

@ snowcrash:

well then, hook em horns!

29 | September 25, 2010 3:35 pm

ooohhh….here we go

bama at arkansas!

30 | September 25, 2010 3:42 pm

TD RAZORBACKS!!!!

7-0

31 | September 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Hogs up 10-7. Just got all my sweat work done. The rest of the day belongs to me and the NCAA.

32 | September 25, 2010 4:26 pm

huckfunn wrote:

i’m putting up cabinets in the bar…37″ plasma, ncaa football and cold fuller’s esb!

33. 33 | September 25, 2010 4:28 pm

I like football (a relatively recently-acquired taste, but better late than never), but if you want to see me turn into a really crazy fan, show me some hockey. College, semi-pro or pro, does not matter. Hell, I’ll be happy to watch my friends play hockey on a frozen lake! I am really looking forward to hockey season this year.

34 | September 25, 2010 4:32 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

the hockey starts soon!

gino malikin is my favorite penguin. the ads he does here are hysterical. and his parent are here in pgh for many games and have become minor celebrities here

35 | September 25, 2010 4:33 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Fixin up the man cave, drinking beer and watching football. How ya gonna beat a deal like that? UCLA up 7-3 over UT. UT just got stuffed on 4th and 3.

36 | September 25, 2010 4:35 pm

UT will take TX

this bama game is fantastic!

big play razorbacks!

37. snowcrash
    37 | September 25, 2010 4:36 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    College hockey? Yes. Boston University alum here. Go Terriers.

38 | September 25, 2010 4:39 pm

UT will take TX

this bama game is fantastic!

big play razorbacks!

You mean UCLA will take TX? Wouldn’t surprise me. UT is generally overrated at the beginning of the season. I think the Hogs will beat Bama. IT’S A CATCH!

39 | September 25, 2010 4:39 pm

UT will take TX
    this bama game is fantastic!
    big play razorbacks!

soooooeeeeeee piggies!

40 | September 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Crap

41 | September 25, 2010 4:43 pm

snowcrash wrote:

UCLA meets the Longhorns in Austin. ABC has the game at 2:30 central.

Last week I was watching UT-Tech. There was that long line of shirtless guys painted red spelling out “RED RAIDERS” As the camera went down the row, there was a girl in the middle and I did a double take. She was wearing a red shirt, dangit.

42 | September 25, 2010 4:51 pm

PICKED!

43 | September 25, 2010 4:54 pm

PICKED!

we got a classic sec fight here

44 | September 25, 2010 4:57 pm

PICKED!

we got a classic sec fight here

For sure! Looks like UCLA will lead UT 13-3 at the half.

45 | September 25, 2010 4:59 pm

bama picked again!

soooooeeeeeee pig!

46. spinmore
    46 | September 25, 2010 5:01 pm

“my” Owls are up 13-9 over Penn State at the half :D

Go Owls!

47 | September 25, 2010 5:03 pm

Saban must be just about ready to shit a fruitcake. At the 1. Soooooeeee

48 | September 25, 2010 5:04 pm

“my” Owls are up 13-9 over Penn State at the half
    Go Owls!

WHAT!!!

as a pitt grad, i never thought i say this, but:

GO OWLS!

49 | September 25, 2010 5:06 pm

Saban must be just about ready to shit a fruitcake. At the 1. Soooooeeee

ohhh my!

soooeeeee piggggs

50. spinmore
    50 | September 25, 2010 5:07 pm

i hope i didn’t jinx them

51 | September 25, 2010 5:08 pm

“my” Owls are up 13-9 over Penn State at the half

Go Owls!

Yay! Go Owls! Also, good to have another football fan here. I really thought there would be more. Maybe if I invited everyone over for a Shiner Bock. It says “Prosit” right on the label.

52 | September 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Saban must be just about ready to shit a fruitcake. At the 1. Soooooeeee

ohhh my!

soooeeeee piggggs

Time expired. This is a good un.

53 | September 25, 2010 5:11 pm

i hope i didn’t jinx them

me too!

54 | September 25, 2010 5:13 pm

@ huckfunn:

coach saban is gonna be HOT in that locker room!

55. spinmore
    55 | September 25, 2010 5:14 pm

@ huckfunn:
    if you want to count me as a fan, that’s OK. Just don’t ask me any questions :D you’ll blow my cover.

56 | September 25, 2010 5:23 pm

@ huckfunn:
    if you want to count me as a fan, that’s OK. Just don’t ask me any questions you’ll blow my cover.

Once you get in to college ball, it’s a lot of fun. Beats the heck out of the National Field-goal League.

57 | September 25, 2010 5:26 pm

post has been updated!

look up top

58. spinmore
    58 | September 25, 2010 5:27 pm

@ huckfunn:
    like to watch a good college game -- esp. a pivotal end of season contest. just not good with names and stats.

59 | September 25, 2010 5:28 pm

sure does!

60 | September 25, 2010 5:29 pm

post has been updated!

look up top

Sooooooeeeee RIBS! And tell Puti Uncle Huck’s waving at her.

61. spinmore
    61 | September 25, 2010 5:30 pm

post has been updated!
    look up top

WOW . . . now that’s the shit! True cave-man DNA at work there.

62. 62 | September 25, 2010 5:31 pm

The Alabama Arkansas game is good.

63 | September 25, 2010 5:37 pm

The Alabama Arkansas game is good.

Grab a cold one and pull up a chair. Also, UCLA puttin the whoopass on UT 20-3.

64 | September 25, 2010 5:37 pm

@ spinmore:

those ribs have been low temp smoking since 0900!

they smell soooooo god

65. spinmore
    65 | September 25, 2010 5:46 pm

sure -- rub it in

66 | September 25, 2010 5:47 pm

@ spinmore:

those ribs have been low temp smoking since 0900!

they smell soooooo god

Great to see a northerner who knows how to conduct a proper BBQ. I have a sis-in-law from Michigan and she’s a great gal. Her dad would say “let’s BBQ” and get out a can of sloppy joe. :sad:

67 | September 25, 2010 5:50 pm

@ huckfunn:

i call what i do, ‘Yankee Smokers’

68 | September 25, 2010 5:54 pm

@ huckfunn:

i call what i do, ‘Yankee Smokers’

PROSIT!

69. spinmore
    69 | September 25, 2010 5:57 pm

21yd field goal puts the Lions ahead 15-13 late in the 3rd qtr

70 | September 25, 2010 6:01 pm

21yd field goal puts the Lions ahead 15-13 late in the 3rd qtr

damn!

71 | September 25, 2010 6:02 pm

@ huckfunn:
    i call what i do, ‘Yankee Smokers’

PROSIT!

cheers!

i use cherry, maple, and oak (with mesquite and/or pecan sometimes)

72. Jen06
    72 | September 25, 2010 6:06 pm

OK, someone has to say it… O -- H

73 | September 25, 2010 6:07 pm

i use cherry, maple, and oak (with mesquite and/or pecan sometimes)

Ya’ll have mesquite up there or do you import it from Tejas?

74 | September 25, 2010 6:09 pm

@ spinmore:
    @ Jen06:
    UCLA now up 27-6 over UT. The top 10 will sure get scrambled if UT and Bama go down.

75 | September 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Jen06 wrote:

OK, someone has to say it… O – H

I O!

OSU gonna be #1 if bama loses

76. Jen06
    76 | September 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Hehe- are you a Buckeye?

77 | September 25, 2010 6:25 pm

huckfunn wrote:

i use cherry, maple, and oak (with mesquite and/or pecan sometimes)

Ya’ll have mesquite up there or do you import it from Tejas?

gotta import it and the pecan.

i like the local hardwoods tho, sweet smoke

78. spinmore
    78 | September 25, 2010 6:27 pm

@ huckfunn:
    22-13 Penn State with like 3:30 left in the game.

79 | September 25, 2010 6:28 pm

Jen06 wrote:

Hehe- are you a Buckeye?

nope, pitt panther…but i have partied enough on high street in columbus to get it!

80 | September 25, 2010 6:36 pm

huckfunn wrote:

i use cherry, maple, and oak (with mesquite and/or pecan sometimes)

Ya’ll have mesquite up there or do you import it from Tejas?

gotta import it and the pecan.

i like the local hardwoods tho, sweet smoke

Tell ya what. When we close the deal on the big red caddie, I’ll throw in a trunk load of seasoned mesquite. Got a big honkin trunk.

81 | September 25, 2010 6:37 pm

@ huckfunn:
    22-13 Penn State with like 3:30 left in the game.

Owls need 2 scores. I don’t think they’re gonna get it done.

82 | September 25, 2010 6:38 pm

love the big caddie!

83 | September 25, 2010 6:42 pm

looks like bama gonna win it

84. spinmore
    84 | September 25, 2010 6:43 pm

@ huckfunn:
    22-13 Penn State with like 3:30 left in the game.
    Owls need 2 scores. I don’t think they’re gonna get it done.

you are correct; NO Temple upset. That was the final score.
    Props to Coach Golden -- program has made huge progress.
    No jokes please :D

85. spinmore
    85 | September 25, 2010 6:45 pm

looks like bama gonna win it

. . . pass one of those ribs

86 | September 25, 2010 6:46 pm

looks like bama gonna win it

Hogs have 3 minutes, but they need to put it in the end zone.

87 | September 25, 2010 6:48 pm

spinmore wrote:

you are correct; NO Temple upset. That was the final score.
    Props to Coach Golden – program has made huge progress.
    No jokes please

I generally pull for the underdog so you’ll get no abuse from me. Also, I’m not a big PSU fan.

88 | September 25, 2010 6:49 pm

looks like bama gonna win it
    . . . pass one of those ribs

take half a rack

and the beer is over there —->

89 | September 25, 2010 6:50 pm

That oughtta do it.

90 | September 25, 2010 6:50 pm

looks like bama gonna win it

Hogs have 3 minutes, but they need to put it in the end zone.

mallett blew it.

91. spinmore
    91 | September 25, 2010 6:52 pm

@ huckfunn:
    an old work buddy of mine was texting from SC (he’s a Lions fan) he was a little nervous in the first half (as was Beaver Stadium)

Oh well -- hope springs eternal

92. spinmore
    92 | September 25, 2010 6:54 pm

looks like bama gonna win it
    . . . pass one of those ribs
    take half a rack
    and the beer is over there —->

Ohh Thanks . . . where’s the pisser? :)

93 | September 25, 2010 6:58 pm

spinmore wrote:

Ohh Thanks . . . where’s the pisser?

Just zing it off the deck. Neighbors are used to it.

94 | September 25, 2010 6:58 pm

looks like bama gonna win it
    . . . pass one of those ribs
    take half a rack
    and the beer is over there —->
    Ohh Thanks . . . where’s the pisser?

over in the corner to the left of the plasma screen

95. 95 | September 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Alabama pulled it out.

96 | September 25, 2010 7:00 pm

spinmore wrote:
    Ohh Thanks . . . where’s the pisser?

Just zing it off the deck. Neighbors are used to it.

heh…i made one of the deck rails low enough (its against the privet hedge) for that

97 | September 25, 2010 7:00 pm

Alabama pulled it out.

that is why they are #1.

what a well played game kudos to both sides.

98 | September 25, 2010 7:02 pm

i’m hearin upset watch for the kentucky at fl game…

99. snowcrash
    99 | September 25, 2010 7:05 pm

yeah, well, that game was a total disappointment.
    Coldwarrior, your daughter is beautiful. Tell her I said I like the way she is rocking those sunglasses. They might be painful upside down, but sometimes you have to suffer for fashion. LOL

100 | September 25, 2010 7:08 pm

And Mrs. CW scratches her head and sez ” why won’t that steekin little privet grow”? :lol:

101 | September 25, 2010 7:10 pm

snowcrash wrote:

yeah, well, that game was a total disappointment.

she refuses to wear them right side up!

102 | September 25, 2010 7:10 pm

huckfunn wrote:

there are some dead spots….

103 | September 25, 2010 7:17 pm

oh my…i changed the prep/cook stuff on the ribs….

these are the best i have ever made. WOW

104 | September 25, 2010 7:17 pm

cinci is keepin it close at oklahoma

105 | September 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Well, dangitall. I was sure hoping the Hogs would win this one. UT got smoked in dey own house and, being an undocumented Aggie American, I’m pleased. Here’s the good thing…. We still have Oregon St -- Boise St; SC -- Auburn; WV -- LSU and FL -- KY. Glad this wasn’t a wasted weekend. :grin:

106. spinmore
    106 | September 25, 2010 7:23 pm

oh my…i changed the prep/cook stuff on the ribs….
    these are the best i have ever made. WOW

uummh . . . i was just about to say that. These ribs are crazy-good!
    Thanks for the beer and grub.
    BBL

107 | September 25, 2010 7:26 pm

huckfunn wrote:

being an undocumented Aggie American, I’m pleased.

i am also an undocumented aggie.

my wife and i plan to go to aggie land and watch a game and follow the traditions.

108 | September 25, 2010 7:27 pm

@ spinmore:

cheers

109 | September 25, 2010 7:27 pm

wtf…a sooner coach just got into it with a cinci player????

WOODIE HAYES ANYONE?

110 | September 25, 2010 8:02 pm

i am also an undocumented aggie.

You’ll have to let me know when you’ll be down for that. There is a movie about the Aggies entitled We’ve Never Been Licked that was made in 1943. It was Robert Mitchum’s first top billing. My Dad was in that movie! He was a student at USC and he and his buds would go to the studios as extras for some pocket money. There is a scene in the movie where the Corps of Cadets is doing the locked arms back and forth thing at the bonfire. My Dad is right in the middle of a tight shot of a group of 4 or 5. He was an Englishman, born in Korea, going to school at USC and ends up in a movie about Texas A & M. True story.

111 | September 25, 2010 8:11 pm

NICE!

112 | September 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Alabama pulled it out.

Alabama Akbar!

There is no football but SEC football and Bear Bryant is its Prophet!

113 | September 25, 2010 8:18 pm

The Osprey wrote:

There is no football but SEC football and Bear Bryant is its Prophet!

verily, unto them…yeah!

114 | September 25, 2010 8:24 pm

The Osprey wrote:

Alabama Akbar!

There is no football but SEC football and Bear Bryant is its Prophet!

So shall it be written, so shall it be done.

Selah.

115 | September 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Mrs CW says the smurf turf is “beautiful”

she is all in for the broncos!

116 | September 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Mrs CW says the smurf turf is “beautiful”

she is all in for the broncos!

If only they had shoes and handbags to match. :grin: BTW, this is today’s leading thread.

117 | September 25, 2010 8:40 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Mrs CW says the smurf turf is “beautiful”
    she is all in for the broncos!

If only they had shoes and handbags to match. BTW, this is today’s leading thread.

mrs cw is looking vera bradley smurf turf colors!

118 | September 25, 2010 9:04 pm

That Beaver’s seeing blue stars.

119 | September 25, 2010 9:05 pm

huckfunn wrote:

That Beaver’s seeing blue stars.

welcome to the smurf turf!

120 | September 25, 2010 9:11 pm

WOW: That OU-Cinci game is still on and it’s a 2 point game with 8 minutes to go in the 4th. OU up 24-22 and Cinci driving.

121 | September 25, 2010 9:13 pm

heyyY now!

122 | September 25, 2010 9:16 pm

HEY CINICI!

put your heels on the 10 yd line and dont touch anything near you on the punt you fool!

football 101

123 | September 25, 2010 9:19 pm

Arrrrrhhhhgggg. This OU TD will put it out of reach. WV-LSU up next.

124 | September 25, 2010 9:24 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Arrrrrhhhhgggg. This OU TD will put it out of reach. WV-LSU up next.

hey yo…sc is beating auburn

125 | September 25, 2010 9:43 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Arrrrrhhhhgggg. This OU TD will put it out of reach. WV-LSU up next.

hey yo…sc is beating auburn

Holy moly. OU and Cinci is STILL on. OU up 21-29 but I they’ll just run out the clock. Bearcats gave ‘em a run for their money.

126 | September 25, 2010 9:44 pm

2131-29

PIMF. Game over

127 | September 25, 2010 9:46 pm

bad special teams play at eh end, see my 122

128 | September 25, 2010 9:49 pm

bad special teams play at eh end, see my 122

Yep. Same thing killed Cinci. LSU-WV up now. Go Mountaineers.

129 | September 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Go Mountaineers.

i threw up a little in my mouth when i read that

130 | September 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Go Mountaineers.

i threw up a little in my mouth when i read that

HAW! Good excuse to get another beer. Actually I have no particular love for either team. I play overdog-underdog roulette with them. WV is the underdog. Load, spin, squeeze.

131 | September 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Go Mountaineers.
    i threw up a little in my mouth when i read that

hahahaha

we ncaa footballers are getting hated on the current thread!

:lol: x10

132 | September 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Go Mountaineers.
    i threw up a little in my mouth when i read that

dude, i’m a pitt grad…wvu is anathema!

133 | September 25, 2010 10:14 pm

we ncaa footballers are getting hated on the current thread!

x10

College ball is 1000x better than NFL.

134 | September 25, 2010 10:15 pm

Go Mountaineers.
    i threw up a little in my mouth when i read that

dude, i’m a pitt grad…wvu is anathema!

I know. PA and OH both have the same kind of “screwing your sister” jokes about WV that Texas has about Arkansas.

135 | September 25, 2010 10:15 pm

The Osprey wrote:

we ncaa footballers are getting hated on the current thread!
    x10

College ball is 1000x better than NFL.

i agree.

but why hate on it on other threads?

we be by ourselves, just watching ball.

136 | September 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Go Mountaineers.
    i threw up a little in my mouth when i read that
    dude, i’m a pitt grad…wvu is anathema!

right, its tradition

137 | September 25, 2010 10:18 pm

The Osprey wrote:

we ncaa footballers are getting hated on the current thread!

x10

College ball is 1000x better than NFL.

I saw that you were the only football fan on the other thread. Foot ball boring? Ha! They should tell that to all of the sold out stadiums, tailgaters and houses full of drunken, rowdy football fans.

138 | September 25, 2010 10:21 pm

it is what it is.

nascar is more popular in $$$ than mlb as well

139 | September 25, 2010 10:25 pm

the auburn sc game is getting good

140 | September 25, 2010 10:30 pm

and ruuuhhh ro

war eagles in the lead!

141 | September 25, 2010 10:30 pm

it is what it is.

nascar is more popular in $$$ than mlb as well

I’ve really tried to like baseball. Just can’t get into it. When I was in Denver a few years ago, I went to the Rockies’ season opener against the Padres. Actually enjoyed it, but haven’t watched a game since. I don’t knock it, though. Obviously there are a lot of believers and good for them. I can’t force myself to watch cars going around a circle all afternoon.

142 | September 25, 2010 10:31 pm

and (3) boise state is cruisin!

143 | September 25, 2010 10:35 pm

it is what it is.
    nascar is more popular in $$$ than mlb as well

mlb has screwed itself so much with the disparity in salaries and same 5 teams winning over an over again that a bunch of drivers from a league made of moonshine runners now makes more money than america’s former past time.

baseball is no longer america’s past time and that makes me sick.

144 | September 25, 2010 10:36 pm

and ruuuhhh ro

war eagles in the lead!

I’m pulling for Auburn. Again, overdog-underdog. And… SC has that Spurrier issue.

145 | September 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Auburn’s got it

146 | September 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Auburn’s got it

got a great friend that went to auburn, so i root for them

147 | September 25, 2010 10:45 pm

WAR EAGLES TD!

148 | September 25, 2010 10:45 pm

Auburn’s got it

got a great friend that went to auburn, so i root for them

TD Auburn. Yippee

149 | September 25, 2010 10:55 pm

turn the lights out in auburn…war birds win!

150 | September 25, 2010 10:56 pm

BREAKING: Auburn picks with 3:19 to go. Spurrier swallows his face.

151 | September 25, 2010 10:57 pm

huckfunn wrote:

BREAKING: Auburn picks with 3:19 to go. Spurrier swallows his face.

argghhh! its a black hole that threatens to engulf the hedges!

152 | September 25, 2010 11:07 pm

huckfunn wrote:

BREAKING: Auburn picks with 3:19 to go. Spurrier swallows his face.

argghhh! its a black hole that threatens to engulf the hedges!

I’ve seen him do that a couple of times and I’m certain that I was always rootin for the other team. They’re making a game of it.

153 | September 25, 2010 11:08 pm

huckfunn wrote:
    BREAKING: Auburn picks with 3:19 to go. Spurrier swallows his face.
    argghhh! its a black hole that threatens to engulf the hedges!

asu is driving on 6 oregon….

154. Opilio
    154 | September 25, 2010 11:11 pm

Then we get to the over-hyped game of the week at 2000, (24) Oregon State is going to (3) Boise State. This game should not even be close. Vegas is giving the Ducks 18! I will be looking at this game because i love the Smurf Turf on HD and the Boise State fans are MANIACS!

That would be the Beavers, not the Ducks.

Beavers are a whole different thing than Ducks.

155 | September 25, 2010 11:12 pm

asu is driving on 6 oregon….

And looky here. LSU 17 -- WV 14. Those sister rapers are gaining.

156 | September 25, 2010 11:13 pm

Opilio wrote:

That would be the Beavers, not the Ducks.
    Beavers are a whole different thing than Ducks.

WHAAAA!!!!! my bad! i do apologize.

can i edit that?

157 | September 25, 2010 11:14 pm

huckfunn wrote:

asu is driving on 6 oregon….

And looky here. LSU 17 – WV 14. Those sister rapers are gaining.

one leg shorter than the other runnin around the mountain tops…

158 | September 25, 2010 11:16 pm

@ Opilio:

thx for that…i am usually better than that on the teams.

my bad

i edited the post

159 | September 25, 2010 11:43 pm

why is asu tied with 6 oregon????

160 | September 25, 2010 11:47 pm

why is asu tied with 6 oregon????

Something to do with that last ASU TD

161 | September 25, 2010 11:50 pm

huckfunn wrote:

why is asu tied with 6 oregon????

Something to do with that last ASU TD

ruhh roh!

asu is takin it to the ducks!

INT sun devils!!!!

162 | September 25, 2010 11:52 pm

TD ASU./…..

oh my

163 | September 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Devil be scorchin those quackers.

164 | September 25, 2010 11:59 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Devil be scorchin those quackers.

its still early….

i didnt bet on any games this week.

(i pretend bet and start with 100quatloons at week 1, i have 150 now)

165. Calo
    165 | September 26, 2010 12:02 am

it is what it is.
    nascar is more popular in $$$ than mlb as well

I tried to like baseball too. But, it is boring as *ell. Give me rough and tumble boys any day of the week.

166 | September 26, 2010 12:07 am

@ Calo:

i used to love baseball, i was the kid that played every day.

i worshiped on the diamond. i played ball every day from march till october, every free hour.

i despise mlb now. its a pointless endeavor for the small markets.

if the nfl worked the same way, the packers and norla would never have a winning season..

fuck mlb, *spit*

167 | September 26, 2010 12:10 am

that looks better…6 ducks are winning

168 | September 26, 2010 12:16 am

that looks better…6 ducks are winning

I think I’ll watch the rest in the prone position… pulling for the underdevils. It’s been a hoot. G’nite.

169 | September 26, 2010 12:18 am

that looks better…6 ducks are winning

cheers!

170 | September 26, 2010 12:41 am

why are the berkely bears beating the (16) arizona wildcats?