First, the Serbs; now, the Jews?

by 1389AD ( 53 Comments › )
Filed under Gaza, Hezballah, Israel, Leftist-Islamic Alliance, Media, Palestinians, Serbia at October 3rd, 2010 - 9:00 am

A War of Images

By Stella Jatras
August 22, 2006 / 28 Menachem-Av, 5766

Will the same weapon that defeated the Serbs also defeat Israel?

They say that truth is always the first victim in war. Such is the case in the Israeli/Hezbollah war.

It appears that Hezbollah has taken a page out of the Bosnian Muslim playbook: Win the PR battle, and you win the war. What better example of media disinformation than the Bosnian War, where images of civilians “slaughtered” at Sarajevo’s Markale market place, allegedly by Serb forces, were so instrumental? If it worked for the Bosnian Muslims, why not for Hezbollah? Will Qana, Lebanon, become Israel’s Markale market place?

Yossef Bodansky, author of Bin Laden: The Man Who Declared War on America, wrote the following in his 1995 book Offensive in the Balkans:

Phase Three started with the self-inflicted major terrorist provocation. On Friday 5, 1994, a major explosion rocked the Markale — Sarajevo’s main market place — causing heavy casualties. What was immediately described as the ubiquitous ‘Serb mortar shell’ was actually a special charge designed and built with help from HizbAllah experts and then most likely dropped from a nearby rooftop onto the crowd of shoppers. Video cameras at the ready recorded this expertly-staged spectacle of gore, while dozens of corpses of Bosnian Muslim troops killed in action (exchanged the day before in a ‘body swap’ with the Serbs) were paraded in front of cameras to raise the casualty counts.

This callous self-killing was designed to shock the West especially sentimental and gullible Washington, in order to raise the level of Western sympathy to the Bosnian Muslims and further demonize the Serbs so that Western governments would be more supportive of Sarajevo’s forthcoming aggressive moves, and perhaps even finally intervene militarily.” (Emphasis added)

Some headlines that Americans never saw were “Muslims ‘slaughter their own people’,” The [London] Independent, 22 Aug. 1992, and “Serbs ‘not guilty’ of massacre,” The Sunday [London] Times, 1 Oct. 1995.

In 1992, Peter Maher, Professor Emeritus of Linquistics, visited Dubrovnik, Croatia, to see for himself the truth about the war. He wrote, “A few months earlier, the press was filled with stories that the Pearl of the Adriatic had been reduced to rubble. The stories were fakes.” Professor Maher goes on to explain just how it happened: “The dramatic ‘Dubrovnik burning’ pictures were shot with long lenses. . . .But the smoke was from the fuel tanks of two pleasure boats burning in the Old Harbor … Dubrovnik’s Old City never burned and was never even targteted by the federal forces…..The only building in the Old City of Ragusa to be gutted by explosives and fire was the library and treasure of the Serbian Orthodox church, which housed a priceless collection of medieval manuscripts and icons. It was not navy guns that did the damage, but plastic and incendiary devices planted on the spot by Croatian forces.”

Who can forget the horrific pictures that were repeatedly shown on CNN of the two dead Muslim babies on a bus in Bosnia, allegedly killed by a Serb sniper? I would never have known the truth if I had not been watching France 2 TV, which showed the funeral of these innocent babies. Officiating was a Serbian Orthodox priest. These were not Muslim babies; they were Serbian babies, but for American consumption, the Serbian Orthodox priest was cropped from the film so that the American people would continue to believe that the babies were Muslim. This kind of reporting is not just yellow journalism. It goes beyond the pale, the same kind of “journalism” that Israel is experiencing today — manipulation, distortion, staging, forgery and the doctoring of photos by anti-Israeli media. Welcome to the club!

Hopefully, in the current Israeli/Hezbollah conflict, the media distortions will not sell. At the beginning of the Balkan conflict we did not have the Internet and bloggers to expose CNN and its ilk. Today is different. Almost immediately after photos of damage from an Israeli air strike on Beirut were posted, outrage from bloggers who recognized that the photos were doctored forced Reuters to admit that two or more photos were altered. The company stated, “A Reuters photograph of smoke rising from buildings in Beirut has been withdrawn after coming under attack by American web blogs. The blogs accused Reuters of distorting the photograph to include more smoke and damage.” Was this simply one person’s mistake, or is a pattern being exposed in the present Israeli/Hezbollah war of the biased or even co-belligerent media that was at work in the war against the Serbs?…

Read it all!

I knew what would happen!

Back in 1999, when Clinton was bombing the Christian Serbs on behalf of the jihadis in the Balkans, I warned people of what was to come. I delivered my warning both in person and on the Internet, on the huge mailing list that I ran back in those days, before the blogosphere existed. I told everyone who would listen that the Serbs were being bombed now, and that Israel would be next.

Practically no one believed me.

I never claimed to know how those bombs would be delivered, nor by whom. I had no way of knowing that the bombs would not be delivered by airplane, but rather by suicide vest and IED. Nonetheless, I knew that Israel and the Jews would become the next target. Given what I knew of the proclivities of the jihadis and their leftist collaborators, I could figure out that harm was about to come to the innocent in Israel, and that the Jewish people would be next to suffer.

And so it was.

Oh, and by the way, I have personally spoken with Professor John Peter Maher many times, and he did indeed recount the same eyewitness evidence to me about the fabrication of the supposed destruction of Dubrovnik.

Then it was CNN; now it is Pallywood

The deliberate staging of fake crimes to draw the sympathy – and the economic and military intervention – of the US and other western nations, on behalf of thoroughly undeserving Muslim powers and factions, has burgeoned into an industry.

See According to Palestinian Sources on The Second Draft for some video examples:

The MSM use Palestinian sources constantly, and even when they mention the provenance of the information, they rarely explore its reliability. In a series of studies, we explore the culture of Palestinian journalism (Pallywood), its greatest product (Al Durah), its impact on the world via MSM validation (Icon of Hatred), and the Gaza Beach Tragedy that took place six years later. Further studies to come.

View them all.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

53 Responses to “First, the Serbs; now, the Jews?”

1. Beeduwine
    1 | October 3, 2010 9:11 am

I must admit I know very little on the subject of Serbia/Bosnia. At the time, I was probably getting a little bit duped by the media. But I do remember that in my native country, the strongest (or only) opposition to NATO interference and the bombing of Serbia came from the left.

2. Guggi
    2 | October 3, 2010 9:28 am

@ Beeduwine:

I don’t know your home-country but the same is true for Germany. Schroeder (SPD = social democrats) and Joschka Fischer (Die Grünen = greenies) lost a lot of sympathy and support from the left for their support for the NATO interference.

3. Buckeye Abroad
    3 | October 3, 2010 9:33 am

@1389

Good luck. Most westerners have forgotten all that. Most don’t know US troops were/are stationed there, let alone what it was all about.

4. Beeduwine
    4 | October 3, 2010 9:35 am

@ Guggi:

Never figured out the reason. Could be as simple as knee jerk reaction to anything NATO does. But part of it was probably the fact that Serbia was a socialistic country at the time (I seem to remember… Correct me).

I remember reading the lefts internal discussions. It was hard for them to chose sides. The meme that muslims are always victims was already in place.

5. Grimcargo
    5 | October 3, 2010 9:52 am

Sorry to go o/t but this is a drive-by.

The 911 mosque was modeled after this; Go read..very interesting.

6 | October 3, 2010 10:02 am

@ Buckeye Abroad:

there are a very few that have the berlin patch on their right shoulder as well. a lot of stuff gets forgotten

7. snork
    7 | October 3, 2010 10:08 am

The technique of making a country an international outcast goes back a little further, to South Africa. Leaving the question of apartheid aside, the technique is identical. It’s Alinskyism on an international scale; freeze the target, personalize it, polarize, it. So Israel is the third country to be delegitimatized like this.

And yet, North Korea is still a member of the “international community”. Again, regardless of how bad apartheid was, it wasn’t as bad as little Kim. This is selective deligitimization. This is what progs do to individuals all of the time on a nation-state scale.

8. JohnH
    8 | October 3, 2010 10:08 am

This is exactly what has been done in Nigeria by Muslims. They kill their own, Drag the bodies into a mosque, burn the mosque and then drag the media in to show what the evil Christians did.

It’s all a lie and the media falls for it every time.

9. Guggi
    9 | October 3, 2010 10:12 am

Beeduwine wrote:

@ Guggi:

You’re correct but there was another facet: anti-Americanism and anti-Western sentiment.

I remember that the Austrian writer Peter Handke faced a lot of hate for his support for Serbia.

But to be honest: the Serbs were no angels.

10. snork
    10 | October 3, 2010 10:14 am

Guggi wrote:

But to be honest: the Serbs were no angels.

Who are?

11 | October 3, 2010 10:17 am

Guggi wrote:

But to be honest: the Serbs were no angels.

they live in a nasty neighborhood.

12. 12 | October 3, 2010 10:19 am

As I recall, “the line” was to equate the Serbs with the Nazis, complete with numerous references to “genocide”. As if to drive the point home, there were even reports of people being rounded up and loaded onto trains which furthered the Nazi mental image.

As a result, to even try to defend the Serbs in conversation is to brand yourself as a Neo-Nazi.

I’ll admit that I knew little of the political landscape of the Balkans at the time, but I should have. The portayal of the Serbs as the second coming of the Third Reich and the Muslims as the victims of genocide has stuck.

I should have known better…….

13. Buckeye Abroad
    13 | October 3, 2010 10:20 am

Right shoulder? Mine’s 2nd AD. I know a fellow or two that did Check Point Charlie in the old days.

When I left Korea in 88′ I took a few weeks leave and ran into an old classmate who asked where have I been? When I told him Korea, he asked why and when I answered he asked “why are troops stationed there?” Told him to go to the VFW sometime and ask some of the old guys there that very question.

Its the apathy that stokes me, not so much the ignorance.

14 | October 3, 2010 10:22 am

@ Buckeye Abroad:

yep…right shoulder

15. Buckeye Abroad
    15 | October 3, 2010 10:26 am

Gotta run. I read the NCAA thread-- didn’t think Illinois would fight so hard. Noticed Jo Pa’s boys got slammed. Florida-- oy!

I’ll see you all on the 16th-- have the house to myself and will stage a mini-Octoberfest. heh

16 | October 3, 2010 10:28 am

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

Gotta run. I read the NCAA thread– didn’t think Illinois would fight so hard. Noticed Jo Pa’s boys got slammed. Florida– oy!
    I’ll see you all on the 16th– have the house to myself and will stage a mini-Octoberfest. heh

i miss munchen in the fall.

17 | October 3, 2010 10:30 am

@ MacDuff:

parts 1 and 2 are linked from there.

there is a 12-15 page paper due at week 10, a mid term, and a cumulative final for grading.

regards…enjoy yer studies.

:evil:

18 | October 3, 2010 10:33 am

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

email me their names.

19 | October 3, 2010 10:35 am

go steelers!

puti an i and the wife are going to bro’s house for the game…

the rivalry is so big, i have butterflies!

VI

20. 20 | October 3, 2010 10:47 am

Its the apathy that stokes me, not so much the ignorance.

With me, I find both the ignorance AND the apathy apalling. There are now generations of young people among us who have been taught a sanitized and PC version of history that just doesn’t jibe with the reality. As a result, their world view is appalingly shallow and pollyannish. And we wonder how a man like Barack Obama was elected president?

Both of my parents served in the military during Worl War II, and the verbal history that they passed down to me provided an imputus to find out more. Additionally, I was educated at atime when the history was not sanitized and it was abundantly clear who were the “bad guys” and who were the “good guys”.

There are far too many young people who simply will not accept the presence of true evil in the world; to them, it’s all about “differing points of view”…..God forbid we should appear “racist” or “xenophobic”.

These people have not learned the hard and brutal lessons bought and paid for by previous generations and they have not picked up the standard. That, my friends, is the true tragedy.

Thank God for those young people in Iraq and Afghanistan who seem to understand these lessons all to well, and God bless their parents for having instilled in them the ideals that they clealy carry in the hearts.

21. Guggi
    21 | October 3, 2010 10:52 am

22. 22 | October 3, 2010 10:59 am

@ Guggi:

Ahhh, Guggi, Mark Steyn is a true prophet for our times.

23. 23 | October 3, 2010 11:03 am

@ Beeduwine:

Here in America, it’s the Right that opposed the bombing of Serbia. I protested at the Pentagon and called Clinton a war criminal.

24. 24 | October 3, 2010 11:05 am

@ MacDuff:

What was done to Serbia was a template of what they will do to Israel. I said this at the time and an Israeli buddy of mine, agreed with me.

Muslims as Victims is like saying the sky is Red. It’s isn’t possible, they aggressors.

25. Macker
    25 | October 3, 2010 11:05 am

Point of Inquiry: If we hadn’t bombed the Serbs, would they have eventually gotten rid of Slobodan Misonofabitch?

26 | October 3, 2010 11:08 am

OT—

Except that it relates to the fascist mindset of the Left. You have absolutely got to see the “pro-environmental” video that zombie has up at PJ Media.

27. Macker
    27 | October 3, 2010 11:15 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Fucking Liberal Faggots!

28 | October 3, 2010 11:19 am

@ Macker:

I hate to bring it up, but it looks like a peek into the sekrit wish-dreams of a certain “millions will die” climate babbler.

29. snork
    29 | October 3, 2010 11:20 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Thread on that at 3.

30. snork
    30 | October 3, 2010 11:22 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

@ Macker:

And not to prematurely get into this subject, but their excuse is that it’s “humor”. Pretty sick humor. Even Iowahawk isn’t amused.

31. Macker
    31 | October 3, 2010 11:22 am

@ buzzsawmonkey:

You don’t mean that pony-tailed guy who purports himself to be a blogger? 8)

32. Macker
    32 | October 3, 2010 11:24 am

@ snork:

Time for me to register a sock puppet over at that other liberal board. Not LGF mind you…but they too Love a Good Fisting.

33. Calo
    33 | October 3, 2010 11:24 am

@ Macker:
    No, I think he means LVQ.

34. chickadee
    34 | October 3, 2010 11:24 am

@ Guggi:
    I haven’t seen this clip of Mark Steyn. LOL, he is so funny and intense.
    And so effective in getting the point across. Humor is a good weapon when discussing these issues.
    I have to just remind myself to not get mad in the face of people’s ignorance.

(btw, if you look at his eyes, you can tell he is dead serious abt. the subject. I love him.)

35. 35 | October 3, 2010 11:24 am

Macker wrote:

Don’t know it’s an internal Serb affair. It was none of our business. We did it to please our Saudi Masters.

36 | October 3, 2010 11:26 am

Macker wrote:

You don’t mean that pony-tailed guy who purports himself to be a blogger?

No, I was referring to the 100%-a-merkin Lewd Wig.

37 | October 3, 2010 11:26 am

@ Guggi:

Mark Steyn is superb.

38. Macker
    38 | October 3, 2010 11:27 am

@ Calo:

Thank you for the clarification.

39 | October 3, 2010 11:28 am

Christiana Amanpour is now hosting a Town Hall with a panel on
    relationa between Muslims & non-Muslims in light of the GZM.
    Daisy Khan is on the panel along with Spenser & Hrisi Ali from a remote
    as well as others.
    The audience is stacked with Mulims & their supporters & Amanpour
    is cutting off anyone who doesn’t support the Mosque etc & using very loaded questions.
    Daisy Khan even mocked Hrisi Ali for having bodyguartds & was applauded.
    this is why FNC has such viewership.

40. Macker
    40 | October 3, 2010 11:30 am

[Deleted]

41 | October 3, 2010 11:32 am

chickadee wrote:

I haven’t seen this clip of Mark Steyn. LOL, he is so funny and intense.
    I have to just remind myself to not get mad in the face of people’s ignorance.

Russell Baker had a column in the New York Times many years ago in which he drew the all-important distinction between seriousness and solemnity.

Seriousness is not afraid of humor—seriousness knows how to use humor to get a point across. Solemnity is the counterfeit of seriousness, and avoids humor like the plague.

42 | October 3, 2010 11:41 am

Macker wrote:

[Deleted]

I hear ya. The program was so slanted & biased in favor of the Mosque
    & the idea of Mulims as innocent victims.
    Amampour forgot that she was the moderator & joined the pro Islam side
    of the debate.

43. Lazar of Serbia
    43 | October 3, 2010 11:58 am

Macker wrote:

NATO bombing has in fact prolonged Milosevic’s rule. His party lost local elections in all major cities back in 1997.

44. 44 | October 3, 2010 12:16 pm

Amanpour is the modern equivalent of “Tokyo Rose”, with the only difference being that Tokyo Rose was not employed by an American news organization as Amanpour is. She is on the other side.

As in the case of the subject of this thread, our greatest threat may well be the propoganda that we’re fed on a daily basis. The media feels no obligation to actually report “the truth”, but rather their perception thereof. They no longer inform, they instruct. They feel no compunction toward releasing classified information, regardless of whom it may hurt, for in their world “journalism” knows no loyalty; they are true only to their myopic and deformed world view.

45 | October 3, 2010 12:24 pm

MacDuff
    44 | October 3, 2010 12:16

I agree with that, she clearly is an advocate for Islam.
    He fathers name was mohammad & she is a recipeint of the “Persian woman of the Year Award.’

46. Grimcargo
    46 | October 3, 2010 12:32 pm

Christiana Amanpour is now hosting a Town Hall with a panel on
    relationa between Muslims & non-Muslims in light of the GZM.
    Daisy Khan is on the panel along with Spenser & Hrisi Ali from a remote
    as well as others.
    The audience is stacked with Mulims & their supporters & Amanpour
    Daisy Khan even mocked Hrisi Ali for having bodyguartds & was applauded.
    this is why FNC has such viewership.

Daisy Khan even mocked Hrisi Ali for having bodyguartds & was applauded.

She can do that and feel perfectly safe because the people who might harm Hrisi Ali is in Daisy Cutter’s camp. Daisy knows it. She is as safe as Obama

47. wolfie
    47 | October 3, 2010 12:48 pm

@ MacDuff:

Nice post.

@ Guggi:

What a treasure Mark Stein is!

48. wolfie
    48 | October 3, 2010 1:02 pm

MacDuff wrote:

ur greatest threat may well be the propoganda that we’re fed on a daily basis.

I agree.
    And the populace, being extraordinarily ill-educated, is too much of a sitting duck for their little stories.

In the Steyn clip Guggi posted above, he was especially sharp in his observation that multi-culturalism and total ignorance of other cultures go hand in hand.

I really chuckled at his reply to the lefties’ blather at Dartmouth: “Oh yeah? What’s the capital of Saudi Arabia?” :lol:

(Thank God so many ordinary Americans have common sense.)

49. NoThreat2U
    49 | October 3, 2010 1:19 pm

@ Grimcargo:
    LOL @ Daisy Cutter

50. 50 | October 3, 2010 1:57 pm

Grimcargo wrote:

Sorry to go o/t but this is a drive-by.
    The 911 mosque was modeled after this; Go read..very interesting.

I think you’re right. However, a traditional mashrabiya uses a regular geometric design with latticework that is consistent in size, not a mangled and distorted design.

51. 51 | October 3, 2010 2:00 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Tokyo Rose was pardoned by Gerald Ford, if I recall.

Axis Sally might be a better analogy to Amanpour.

52. 52 | October 3, 2010 2:10 pm

[...] Originally published on 2.0: The Blogmocracy [...]

53. Arius
    53 | October 3, 2010 2:12 pm

Here is one example among thousands to show how most have been misled. Roy Gutman won a Pulitzer Prize for reporting that Serbian soldiers had a camp (he was never there) holding several thousand Muslim women that were being raped. This was immediately front page news in Europe and the US. Several reporters in Bosnia decided to find that Serbian rape camp. The locals said yes, there were several thousand Muslim women being raped. As the reporters neared the site the locals there said there were hundreds of Muslim women being raped. When they arrived at the site there was no rape camp. The reporters found that four women had been raped. They filed reports on what they found but the networks spiked the reports. There are still books in stores that still talk about those terrible Serbs running that rape camp that never existed.

Many say that Milosevic was behind crimes against humanity in Croatia but the reality is that the Croatians committed the largest act of ethnic cleansing and mass murder in all the wars in Yugoslavia in the 1990’s when they expelled 250,000 Serbs from the Krajina. So what are the crimes of Milosevic in Croatia?

There are thousands more examples. Look for yourself, read the reports of UN personnel on the ground then read what the UN reported out of NY, read what reporters wrote that were eye witnesses then read what the networks reported; you will be shocked. You will be asking yourself how did reports X turn into reports Y?

Remember the time in the 1990’s when Armenians were being murdered in Baku and Nagorno-Karabakh Armenians kicked out Azerbaijan? Do you remember what CNN was reporting? It was reporting that Armenians were mass murdering Muslims. Yes, this is correct, everyone seems or wants to forget. Azerbaijan was part of the conduit of the mujahideen from Muslim countries to jihad against the Christians of Bosnia, Kosovo, and Nagorno-Karabakh. The handlers of the mujahideen in Bosnia had seen how the gullible Western media would run any pro-Muslim report no matter how incredible. CNN approached the war over Nagorno-Karabakh with the same mentality and it’s no surprise that Azeri Muslims obliged. By this time I knew their modus operandi and expected the worse for Nagorno-Karabakh. But something happened that I didn’t expect. Armenians threatened CNN with extreme violence if their campaign of lies didn’t stop, and out of fear CNN did stop. To see Armenians stop that juggernaut Western lying machine in the service of the jihad made me a prouder Armenian. But most Armenians have forgotten or never knew the story.