Elisabeth’s Voice: An Update

by 1389AD ( 73 Comments › )
Filed under Censorship, Europe, Free Speech, Hate Speech, Islam, Koran at November 19th, 2010 - 8:30 am

Reposted with permission from Gates of Vienna

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff at ACT! For America 1
One week from today Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff will go on trial in Vienna for “hate speech” — or, more precisely, for “denigrating religious teachings” — in a lecture she gave as part of one of her informational seminars about Islam.

Criminal procedure in Austria does not allow her or her attorney advance access to the tape of her seminar that was recorded by NEWS ( the Austrian newspaper which publicized her seminar, and which prepared the transcript which will being used against her in court). As a result, the entire tape will have to be played during the court session, which means that the proceedings may take more than one day.

Elisabeth is using the seminar transcript to prepare a point-by-point rebuttal of the charges filed against her. She will demonstrate that her statements represent an accurate account of sharia as established through a consensus of the scholars of Islamic law. Reliance of the Traveller by al-Misri, the most authoritative treatise in the Shafi’ite School of Islamic Law, will be one of her primary sources.

Elisabeth's Voice (small)Elisabeth’s Voice, the international initiative to provide funding for Elisabeth’s legal defense, has been an enormous success. Depending on how many days the trial takes, and how many levels of appeals will be necessary, she may now have enough in her fund to cover most of her legal costs.

To all those who contributed: we owe you an enormous debt of gratitude for your willingness to help Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff fight for the cause of free speech in Europe.

The list of participants in Elisabeth’s Voice has grown so long that I have put it below the jump. I included every link I could find, but I know I must have missed some. If your blog is not on the list, and you publicized Elisabeth’s case (including a link to her defense fund website), please send us an email so that you can be added to the roll of participants.

Elisabeth’s Voice:

Readers who wish to donate to Elisabeth’s defense fund should visit the Save Free Speech site. The defense fund is not under her control, and disbursements from it will be made solely to pay her legal fees.

International payments:

Raiffeisen Zentralbank Österreich
IBAN: AT513150042908021602
BIC: RZBAATWW

Made out to: Public Notary Mag. Martin Scheichenbauer, Hemmaweg 5, A-9342 Gurk

Previous posts about the hate speech case against Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff:

2009   Dec   5   Fighting a Hate Speech Charge in Austria
        11   Heckling the Counterjihad
        14   Whose Law?
        17   Defaming the Muslims of Pinkafeld
2010   Mar   11   A Mother and an Activist
        20   An Austrian “Hate School”
        22   Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff at the Freedom Defense Initiative
        29   Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff and the Wiener Akademikerbund
    Sep   9   “Islam is a Political Ideology Disguised as a Religion”
        16   “Justice Must Not Be Made the Handmaiden of Sharia”
        17   The Truth Does Not Matter
    Oct   11   Interview With Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff
        16   Is the Truth Illegal in Austria?
        20   A Court Date for Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff
        21   BPE Press Release on Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff
        22   Elisabeth’s Voice: An Appeal
        23   Elisabeth’s Voice: A Follow-Up
        24   Raising Our Voices
        25   Elisabeth’s Voice is Growing
        27   Elisabeth’s Voice: More Information
        27   A Bit More Media Attention?
        28   We Are Elisabeth’s Voice
        30   Elisabeth’s Voice in Amsterdam
        31   Mark Steyn Joins Elisabeth’s Voice
    Nov   2   Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff: Target of Western Shariah
        6   Anatomy of a Discussion with a Leftist Journalist
        8   ESW in the WSJ
        10   “The Left is Very Much the New Far Right”
        11   Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff Versus the State of Denial

Tags: , , ,

Comments

73 Responses to “Elisabeth’s Voice: An Update”

1. 1 | November 19, 2010 8:41 am

They should be honest abot this and just charge her with Blasphemy under Shari’ia. Let’s face it, if you went around Europe arresting Europeans for denigrating Christianity, they’d have to rent Austrailia as prison space. There’s onle one religion that gets this kid-glove treatment from the Left (and the Left are the only ones in the West enforcing Blasphemy laws).

2. 2 | November 19, 2010 8:49 am

Leftists? Be honest? That’s unpossible!

3. 3 | November 19, 2010 8:51 am

@ RoboMonkey:

You are talking about the “be honest” part, aren’t you? Yeah, it is a stretch…

:evil:

4. 4 | November 19, 2010 8:53 am

You’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head. And the reason the left supports all large-scale evil political and/or “religious” movements was covered in my previous thread about why modern-day liberals are always 100 percent wrong.

5. 5 | November 19, 2010 8:55 am

@ 1389AD:

I’ll just go with “The Left is evil“. A man can smile and smile and still be a villian. Every one of those motherfuckers is a villian. Every last one of them.

6. 6 | November 19, 2010 8:57 am

Islam is the priviledge religion of Europe and America. Muzzies are part of the ruling class. It’s the sad truth!

7. 7 | November 19, 2010 8:58 am

@ 1389AD:

Progressivism is evil. Never forget the Nazis and Communists are forms of Progressivism.

8. 8 | November 19, 2010 9:00 am

The liberal elites are hoping for the same deal that the House of Saud has — they get to do whatever they like, and the muslims get to control the proles.

9. 9 | November 19, 2010 9:02 am

They are all on the Left. Socialism is a Leftist doctrine, whether it is National Socialism, or International Socialism. And Socialism is evil. Deeply evil. It isn’t the only evil in the world, but it is wone of the greatest. It has caused more human misery than almost anything except Islam. It is no wonder that the two are in alliance now.

10. 10 | November 19, 2010 9:07 am

Progressivism kills the human spirit.

11. 11 | November 19, 2010 9:13 am

The PLA keeps making advances. You know where they got the technology from, hint: here! What I laugh at is how it says Western analysts are shocked. Yeah a 5,000 year old civilization should never be underestimated.

China’s New Drones Raise Eyebrows

ZHUHAI, China—China is ramping up production of unmanned aerial vehicles in an apparent bid to catch up with the U.S. and Israel in developing technology that is considered the future of military aviation.

Western defense officials and experts were surprised to see more than 25 different Chinese models of the unmanned aircraft, known as UAVs, on display at this week’s Zhuhai air show in this southern Chinese city. It was a record number for a country that unveiled its first concept UAVs at the same air show only four years ago, and put a handful on display at the last one in 2008.

The apparent progress in UAVs is a stark sign of China’s ambition to upgrade its massive military as its global political and economic clout grows.

12. 12 | November 19, 2010 9:19 am

This explains why Progressives get 40% opf the vote at a minimum.

Nearly 1 in 5 Americans had mental illness in 2009

CHICAGO -- More than 45 million Americans, or 20 percent of U.S. adults, had some form of mental illness last year, and 11 million had a serious illness, U.S. government researchers reported on Thursday.

Young adults aged 18 to 25 had the highest level of mental illness at 30 percent, while those aged 50 and older had the lowest, with 13.7 percent, said the report by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration or SAMHSA.

13. vagabond trader
    13 | November 19, 2010 9:22 am

This is horrifying on so many levels.Please remind me why liberal/progressives/leftists are not the manifestation of evil.

14. 14 | November 19, 2010 9:31 am

vagabond trader wrote:

Hey look at this thread on DOD!

Luddy got exposed as a copy and paste Jew. These Yeshiva students think he’s a fake and NOT Jewish. SOmething I’ve suspected for a long time.

Luddy gets Owned by Yeshiva Students

I always suspected he was a White Supremacists playinga Jewish Caricature.

15. vagabond trader
    15 | November 19, 2010 9:32 am

Another point to consider is these European “hate speech” laws came into being during the post Nazi era and were written to suppress resurgence of that evil. Right or wrong then,these same laws are now being used to establish the superior position of another fascist ideology,islam.How perverse.

16. 16 | November 19, 2010 9:34 am

vagabond trader wrote:

“Out of the frying pan and into the fire” comes to mind.

17. 17 | November 19, 2010 9:34 am

vagabond trader wrote:

They are one of the Manifestations of Evil in our world. Islam is another.

18. 18 | November 19, 2010 9:36 am

SOmething I’ve suspected for a long time.

Me, too. I don’t know enough about the Jewish faith to eviscerate him the way these people did, but they pretty much exposed him for a fraud. Kind of the way I would do him if we were to discuss his “black belt” I suspect.

19. vagabond trader
    19 | November 19, 2010 9:38 am

Oh my,just as we suspected,huh? Did you notice the “diversity” of the comments? lol,get 2 or 3 educated Jews into a discussion and you’ll have a dozen different opinions.Luddy is still licking his wounds.

20. 20 | November 19, 2010 9:38 am

@ vagabond trader:

That is the problem when you violate natural rights. It will always come back and bite you. You either have freedom, or you have oppression. Notice that I’ve never called for the Koran to be banned (regarded with the same respect one regards Mein Kampf, but neither book is banned in the US, nor should it be). Burn it, don’t ban it! :evil:

21. 21 | November 19, 2010 9:39 am

@ vagabond trader:

I’ve always heard that 2 Jews == 3 Opinions :P

22. 22 | November 19, 2010 9:40 am

vagabond trader wrote:
    Hey look at this thread on DOD!
    Luddy gets Owned by Yeshiva Students
    I always suspected he was a White Supremacists playinga Jewish Caricature.

The intertoobz are full of imposters of various stripes.

They used to say, “On the Internet, nobody knows you’re a dog!”

23. vagabond trader
    23 | November 19, 2010 9:40 am

That 2! :-)

24. vagabond trader
    24 | November 19, 2010 9:41 am

@ 1389AD:

Or a kitteh! :mrgreen:

25. 25 | November 19, 2010 9:42 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ 1389AD:
    Or a kitteh!

Yup! And I did get a thread put together in time for Caturday this week!

26. 26 | November 19, 2010 9:42 am

@ 1389AD:

I’m just a little girl :evil:

27. 27 | November 19, 2010 9:42 am

vagabond trader wrote:

Oh yeah, 2 Jews 20 opinions.

Ludwig was exopsed as a fake.

28. 28 | November 19, 2010 9:45 am

FAKE hate crime against Muslimah

29. 29 | November 19, 2010 9:46 am

@ 1389AD:
    knew he wasn’ta Jew. He played such a negative caricature that it was obviously faked. He preached as if he was some Rabbi. I smelt a fraud and he was exposed.

30. 30 | November 19, 2010 9:47 am

It shows how unintelligent he was that he thought he could get away it. Someone with a bit more of an intellect would have known he couldn’t stand up to real experts. The weak tea at LGF doesn’t prepare you for real debate much of anywhere but Kos. And Kos, only because they are so used to nodding their heads in unison :P

31. 31 | November 19, 2010 9:48 am

@ 1389AD:

Yeah, I saw that. I hope she enjoys jail to the fullest, by which I mean I hope she gets the full prison experience. I wouldn’t want her to miss out on anything :evil:

32. mawskrat
    32 | November 19, 2010 9:48 am

@ vagabond trader:
    I’ve always heard that 2 Jews == 3 Opinions

at least Jews and Christians can laugh at themselves

33. 33 | November 19, 2010 9:49 am

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by 1389, The Blogmocracy. The Blogmocracy said: Elisabeth’s Voice: An… http://goo.gl/fb/oKZEZ #censorship #europe #freespeech #hatespeech #islam #koran #austria [...]

34. 34 | November 19, 2010 9:50 am

@ mawskrat:

There is no humor in Islam, and I’m not joking.

35. 35 | November 19, 2010 9:51 am

Yup, It would be like me going on a Catholic Priest form and trty to lecture them. I would be demolished. The difference between me and Luddy though, I am Catholic and he’s not Jewish.

He was destroyed!

36. 36 | November 19, 2010 9:53 am

It is a pity someone doesn’t have a sock, to go over and put the link in the “Links” tool and paste it around until they get banned. If you were subtle about it, Charles might let you hammer Lewd Wank van Spank for a while. He doesn’t seem to mind the internicine warfare. I guess it gets more hit counts for him that, you know, actual discussion…

37. 37 | November 19, 2010 9:56 am

@ RoboMonkey:

So what’s that thingy hovering above your post?

38. 38 | November 19, 2010 9:56 am

Iran unveils first Islamic necktie (serious lollage here) and dolls.

39. 39 | November 19, 2010 10:01 am

He’s like Stalin loves his underlings fighting it out!

40. 40 | November 19, 2010 10:02 am

1389AD wrote:

Iran unveils first Islamic necktie (serious lollage here) and dolls.

:lol: !

41. Runner
    42 | November 19, 2010 10:06 am

I noticed a certain unnamed blog was not listed among those who contributed to Elisabeth’s defense fund.

42. 43 | November 19, 2010 10:07 am

@ 1389AD:

The tie looks like a dick. It just needs to be pink 8O

43. 44 | November 19, 2010 10:17 am

Runner wrote:

That blog hopes she goes to jail!

44. 45 | November 19, 2010 10:29 am

Gtg, time to go work the cash register.

We haven’t gotten much foot traffic in the store lately. Everybody’s waiting for Black Friday. The news people are projecting that Black Friday will be very active, but that consumers will hibernate after that until it gets closer to Christmas.

I tend to concur. I’m not seeing any readiness to spend for the holidays in the consumers I see.

45. 46 | November 19, 2010 10:32 am

@ 1389AD:

I’ve already spent more than I could afford. I am done for the season, except maybe one more thing for the Old Lady.

46. Runner
    47 | November 19, 2010 10:37 am

I’m certain you are right about that. Sad.

47. NoThreat2U
    48 | November 19, 2010 10:56 am

*yawn & stretch* If I don’t get some drugs soon, I may never sleep again. Good morning yinz :)

48. 49 | November 19, 2010 10:57 am

NoThreat2U wrote:

Wow, that is a scary thought… Good morning sunshine….

49. NoThreat2U
    50 | November 19, 2010 10:59 am

Yeah thats me…all sunshiny. lol lol I HATE nights. My brain goes into overdrive. lol

50. BuddyG
    51 | November 19, 2010 11:01 am

Kind of the way I would do him if we were to discuss his “black belt” I suspect

I’ve got a black belt. And the buckle can turn 180 degrees so that it becomes a brown belt. Choice depends on what trousers I’m wearing.

51. NoThreat2U
    52 | November 19, 2010 11:01 am

Psssst…today is M’s birthday ;)

52. NoThreat2U
    53 | November 19, 2010 11:02 am

Aw heck, it’s Friday? Cool!

53. BuddyG
    54 | November 19, 2010 11:06 am

Happy Birthday M

54. NoThreat2U
    55 | November 19, 2010 11:08 am

@ BuddyG:
    LOL

In other news, lefty Joan Baez, who wanted to sleep with the birds, fell out of her treehouse. True story. Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

55. 56 | November 19, 2010 11:11 am

For M…. Happy Birthday….

56. BuddyG
    57 | November 19, 2010 11:13 am

NoThreat2U wrote:

I’m not Fonda Jane nor Joan.

57. NoThreat2U
    58 | November 19, 2010 11:18 am

@ BuddyG:
    Ohhhhhhhhhh nice picture. lol lol

58. citizen_q
    59 | November 19, 2010 11:23 am

Howdy everyone!

60 | November 19, 2010 11:28 am

Happy Birthday m. If I recall you had another one last year on this date as well.What a coincidence!

60. NoThreat2U
    61 | November 19, 2010 11:28 am

@ citizen_q:
    Good morning…almost afternoon. lol

62. spinmore
    63 | November 19, 2010 11:30 am

Runner wrote:
    That blog hopes she goes to jail!

. . . is “the certain un-named blog” run by an Asshole (with a capital A)?

63. 64 | November 19, 2010 11:31 am

Damnn its slow today ileft for the airpot dropped of the wife and have been to one shoe store with kids all in about a dozen comments. Bbl gone shopping

64. NoThreat2U
    65 | November 19, 2010 11:32 am

Wish I was out shopping :(

65. spinmore
    66 | November 19, 2010 11:32 am

. . . it’s Hammer Time

67 | November 19, 2010 11:34 am

spinmore wrote:

. . . it’s Hammer Time

Ye we have a good one today!

67. BuddyG
    68 | November 19, 2010 11:35 am

Speranza wrote:

147 years ago today – Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address

Mission Accomplished

68. spinmore
    69 | November 19, 2010 11:36 am

@ Speranza:
    yes indeed.

(i love the Hammer -- like a brother of course)

69. 70 | November 19, 2010 11:47 am

@ NoThreat2U:

The Liver is evil. It must be destroyed. Percocet and whiskey. There’s nothing like it for that. :evil: :mrgreen: :evil:

70. 71 | November 19, 2010 11:49 am

@ Speranza:

These days he’d be crucified for the Union Dead, let alone taking this long to get around to making an address about it.

71. NoThreat2U
    72 | November 19, 2010 11:53 am

I cant take pain pills….they make me sick. lol I know, I’m a wimp. I am more of a tylenol kinda gal. lol Now the whiskey……

72. 73 | November 19, 2010 2:39 pm

Kids need shoes daughter is picky so shopping it shall be with princess in training

NoThreat2U wrote: