Model Cities Program, Detroit as the Object Lesson

by coldwarrior ( 278 Comments › )
Filed under Blogmocracy, Economy, Guest Post, History, Politics at December 15th, 2010 - 4:30 pm

Blogmocracy in Action:
A post form FLYOVER COUNTRY:

The Model Cities Program, What Was the Aftermath?

There is an assumption made in our country which I find troubling.  That assumption is that we live in a vacuum cut off from our memories and evidence of current events which could shape our opinions.  You probably need a few examples to understand, in context, what the heck I am talking about.  Sometimes I’ll hear someone on the left refer to the, “discredited supply side policies of the past 8 years,”  like the principles of a free market economy didn’t produce the wealthiest nation on the planet for the past 230 years.  Sometimes I’ll hear someone on the left say, Canada and England have nationalized medical care which provide models we should follow, as if those systems haven’t in fact turned into complete disasters and act as a noose around the necks of the citizens of those nations.  Proof of this is a full 57% of British Citizens admitting to performing their own woodshed tooth extractions despite having full free dental care provided.  The traffic of Canadian Citizens popping up in American hospitals for cash only medical care staggers the imagination, especially considering their medical care is provided free.  (In the previous two examples, free is the wrong word.  there is a cost, it is just not paid by the individual citizen.)  We are told endlessly by liberals how we need to spend more on public schools in urban areas because it is not fair that the education there lags behind those in suburban areas.  Guess what, the 10 school districts which spend the most per student are also the 10 worst performing school districts in the country.

We have tried the policies the left advocates, just not on a national level.  As it turns out, we have wonderful laboratories where liberalism has been allowed to reign, unchecked for decades at a time.  One of those areas holds a special place in my heart.  I lived in the Detroit area for 5 years, and can identify with the people who fell prey to the policies offered as a solution for the rest of us.  I understand the desire of every person to help those people who need help, the question is, what is the best way to avoid those things which tug on our heart strings.  When the policies people advocate to mitigate the disastrous effects of previous attempts at social engineering cause the problems which are so objectionable, at what point do we stop and reverse course?  The best way to help people in need is allow them to pull themselves out of that strata of society.

Watch the video below to see the illustration of my point.

Detroit was a model city before the program, in fact it was in many ways the envy of the rest of the country.  $400 Million from the taxpayers into the city in 1965 ultimately produced the results you see above.  Think long and hard about what tomorrows vote looks like.  If we as a nation continue down the Socialist path, this is what our future looks like.

Tags:

Comments

278 Responses to “Model Cities Program, Detroit as the Object Lesson”

1. vagabond trader
    1 | December 15, 2010 4:39 pm

This one is pretty heartbreaking. What a disaster the do gooders created. Congratulations azzholes.

2. vagabond trader
    2 | December 15, 2010 4:50 pm

Of course the corruptocrat plantation owners have the perfect solution for the blight

3. Macker
    3 | December 15, 2010 4:50 pm

And I used to live in southeast Michigan before I moved to Arizona. What a frakking shame.

4 | December 15, 2010 4:56 pm

You could not pay me to visit Detroit or even fly into the Detroit airport.

5. 5 | December 15, 2010 4:58 pm

@ vagabond trader:

“The Epicenter is a proposed estimated $48 billion (Phase One) mass scale urban reclamation project for combating, reducing, reversing and/or eliminating poverty within under served communities by utilizing mass scale economic redevelopment to bring about stability and self reliance.

I love the last paragraph, emphasis mine. You mean $48 Billion ain’t enough? You clowns need more? We have passed the point of brazen and entered the Twilight Zone.

6. snowcrash
    6 | December 15, 2010 4:58 pm

Still watching, but tragic.

7. snork
    7 | December 15, 2010 4:58 pm

What happened to Dopelganger’s Urbex thread?

8. 8 | December 15, 2010 4:59 pm

@ vagabond trader:

The road to hell is paved with Good intentions.

9 | December 15, 2010 4:59 pm

We are told endlessly by liberals how we need to spend more on public schools in urban areas because it is not fair that the education there lags behind those in suburban areas. Guess what, the 10 school districts which spend the most per student are also the 10 worst performing school districts in the country.

I am most familiar with the Chicago Public Schools, a profound failure.
    A preference is given to graduates of Chicago State University to teach in the system. The graduates are usually at best semi-literate.
    I think that you get bonus points if you get your name right the
    first time.
    The teachers do not have to pass a proficency test even in their
    own subject, due to the union.
    Many teachers are afraid of the students in their own class rooms.
    The answer is not more money

10. NoThreat2U
    10 | December 15, 2010 5:02 pm

That doesn’t even look like an American city.

11. rain of lead
    11 | December 15, 2010 5:03 pm

weeellllllll
    that didn’t take long

Jim DeMint backs down on demand to read START

South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint backed off his demand Wednesday to force a full reading of the New START treaty, a move that may ease a legislative logjam amid a flurry of activity in the waning days of the congressional session.

DeMint’s decision also signals that the long-debated START treaty may now have a serious chance to win ratification and hand the White House a major victory in the coming days. A procedural vote on the treaty Wednesday garnered 66 votes, a strong indicator that the treaty could pick up the 67 votes it needs for ratification.

12. NoThreat2U
    12 | December 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Relevant…

L.A. Parents Pull the Trigger on School Choice…

For the Parent Trigger law to be invoked, a school must fail to meet federal academic standards for three consecutive years; have a score of less than 800 on the state’s Academic Performance Index, which is based on student test scores; and be among the lowest performing five percent of schools in the state.

There are many California schools that would qualify for parental action under the Parent Trigger law, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

In the Los Angeles United School District alone, 250 schools have failed to meet academic standards for more than three years, the newspaper said.

Under this law, if the majority of a school’s parents agree, they can choose to close down the school, replace the entire staff, or convert it to a charter school. All that is required is a petition signed by 50 percent of the parents.

(Video at the link)

13. Macker
    13 | December 15, 2010 5:08 pm

I am most familiar with the Chicago Public Schools, a profound failure.
    I think that you get bonus points if you get your name right the
    first time.
    The teachers do not have to pass a proficency test even in their
    own subject, due to the union.
    Many teachers are afraid of the students in their own class rooms.
    The answer is not more money

You got that right. Ten years ago my ex asked me to join her in a parent-teacher session with our son, who was in sixth grade at the old Nathaniel Greene Elementary School on the South Side. It quickly turned into a Bash Dad exercise. I kept my mouth shut.
    Then afterward, my ex takes me aside and tells me the reason she didn’t ask me on other sessions where they requested me was because she was afraid I would take her to Court for incompetence.
    You don’t say, Bitch?
    Not only do the Unions strangle teacher discipline…it goes hand-in-hand with parents (in this case, my son’s mother) who don’t give a damn and think their child is blameless in everything. Frak that!

14 | December 15, 2010 5:09 pm

I read where parts of Detroit are evolving into wild life zones.

15. snowcrash
    15 | December 15, 2010 5:09 pm

All those abandoned houses need to be razed. Shovel ready, oh yeah. Time to pull the city boundaries in to fit the population and let nature take back the outskirts. Doppleganger showed some of the decaying city’s bizarre beauty in his pictures, but this video was depressing.

16. 16 | December 15, 2010 5:10 pm

I am most familiar with the Chicago Public Schools, a profound failure.
    I think that you get bonus points if you get your name right the
    first time.
    The teachers do not have to pass a proficency test even in their
    own subject, due to the union.
    Many teachers are afraid of the students in their own class rooms.
    The answer is not more money

As counterintuitive as it seems to most, the answer is never more money. Don’t get me wrong, more money is nice to have, the answer is what is done with it. Money has always been spent more efficiently by people with a stake in the consequences. This is why private schools will always out perform the public ones, while costing on average 67% per student for those schools. The only defense of this that the left is able to offer up is that there are not enough of those schools to accomodate the number of students. The absurdity of this flies against logic. We could always open more schools, thereby spurring economic growth, duh.

17. 17 | December 15, 2010 5:13 pm

snowcrash wrote:

All those abandoned houses need to be razed.

That costs money. Where’s it going to come from? I am afraid Detroit is just the forerunner of what is to come. The crash in commercial real estate is coming. What happens then?

18. snowcrash
    18 | December 15, 2010 5:15 pm

Whatever stimulus package had the shovel ready money. Where did it go?

19 | December 15, 2010 5:17 pm

@ Macker:

You had a bad experience. I would contrast Catholic schools & other
    parochial schools with urban public school systems.
    The funding is a fraction of the public schools & the class sizes
    as much as three times.
    Yet there is discipline & everybody comes out of grade school
    proficient in basic skills.
    The nuns demanded that you stand up straight & recite the pledge
    with your hand over your heart, then a prayer.
    No teachers union & you got to stay if you worked & behaved.

20. 20 | December 15, 2010 5:20 pm

@ snowcrash:

Mostly to the Unions and othe DNC supporters. That was simply theft on a grand scale. Change! And the Republicans don’t have the balls to call it like it is. We are ill served by our so-called leaders. I do question if our country can last.

21. 21 | December 15, 2010 5:20 pm

There is a lot of conjecture that the crash in commercial real estate has already happened. I just received an e-mail today from Inland Real Estate that they were able to complete a total restructure of their debt package for Inland American Reit. The NAV is back up to $10.00 per share. This represents a complete recovery from the trough they hit 18 months ago.

22. Macker
    22 | December 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Yes, I went to a Lutheran School for 7th and 8th grades, after we moved back to the States in 1972. BTW, it’s where I met my wife! That’s how long we’ve known each other.
    Those two years instilled a lot of discipline in me which I lost for a while (during my first marriage), then got back over time.

23. snowcrash
    23 | December 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Let the banks take a haircut on the properties they hold. Seriously. No more bailing them out and keeping artifiically high real estate values. Someone will buy if they are priced right. Problem is no one wants to price it that low.

24. 24 | December 15, 2010 5:22 pm

@ snowcrash:

You can’t give the stuff in Detroit away. You’d have to pay people to take it. Hell, I wouldn’t take it. Like Speranza said, you couldn’t pay me to fly into and out of Detroit, let alone invest in it by moving there.

25. snowcrash
    25 | December 15, 2010 5:23 pm

I think they spent it in California and Nevada to buy the last elections.

26 | December 15, 2010 5:23 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

As cothe public ones, while costing on average 67% per student for those schools.

There are great public school districts , but not in urban environments.
    The Union dominates & the whole thing becomes a job program for
    members. It is all about getting out of the classromm & getting a cushy administrative job.
    I know a young woman teaching in Chicago, who literally got picked
    up & thrown against a wall by a student. The school administration
    and the Union refused to help.
    She now has another line of work

27. 27 | December 15, 2010 5:24 pm

@ snowcrash:

Well Said!

28. 28 | December 15, 2010 5:24 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Maybe. I am not an expert, but I see an awful lot of commercial real estate vacant where I am. I realize people turn their nose up at the South, but I’d much rather live here than in New York or LA. I could make a lot larger salary in either place, but it just wouldn’t be worth it.

29. snowcrash
    29 | December 15, 2010 5:25 pm

I was addressing your comment about commercial real estate, not Detroit.

30. NoThreat2U
    30 | December 15, 2010 5:26 pm

(KOB)- A woman suing the TSA for an invasive pat-down at the Albuquerque Sunport speaks only with KOB Eyewitness News 4.

Adrienne Durso of Carlsbad, California spoke over the phone – she describes her experience during a TSA pat-down at the Sunport back in August.

“Heavily concentrating on my breast area where I told her I had a mastectomy the year previous and in just seemed to go on and on,” said Durso.

She says she felt humiliated as the extensive pat-down happened in front of her 17 year old son and hundreds of other travelers.

“I felt as though I didn’t have any rights other than I had to stand there and let them do what they want to do to my body,” Durso continued.

She says she knew her rights had been violated so she asked to speak to a supervisor who she thought would help.

All the while her son stood by her side and couldn’t remain silent anymore

“My son, who I’m very proud of spoke up and said ‘I went through the metal detector and I did not get a pat-down’ to which the supervisor said ‘well you don’t have boobs’,” she said

31. snowcrash
    31 | December 15, 2010 5:28 pm

Have to pick up my daughter from school. bbl. Flyover, this has been a great thread.

32. 32 | December 15, 2010 5:28 pm

@ rain of lead:

It’s beginning to look like the entire Republican party doesn’t have one testicle amongst the lot of them.

33. 33 | December 15, 2010 5:28 pm

My kids went to a great school. The standards have been slowly but consistently declining. The school has been putting a levy issue on the ballot twice a year for as long as I can remember. The union is slowly sucking the system dry. What is happening in Detroit is forshadowing. We will all face this if we don’t defeat the unions soon. The entire country has the disease of liberalism, if not the symptoms yet. We need to begin working on the cure now. Not in 2012, or next week even, but now.

34. 34 | December 15, 2010 5:29 pm

@ snowcrash:

It is the same with Commercial real estate. Much of it is simply not worth anything without businesses and jobs that need it. Like I said, I’m not an expert, but I see a lot of vacant property around.

35 | December 15, 2010 5:30 pm

snowcrash wrote:

Whatever stimulus package had the shovel ready money. Where did it go?

It’s in the holes they dug with those shovels…

36. 36 | December 15, 2010 5:31 pm

It’s important to realize that of all asset classes, Real Estate is the most complicated. Different parts of the country, and indeed the world will behave differently. That being said, our economy has some real issues out there, but all in all, it is still stronger than Obama’s attempts to destroy it. As always, I’m an optimist.

37. vagabond trader
    37 | December 15, 2010 5:31 pm

@ Speranza:

They are doing controlled demo on some neighborhoods.

38. NoThreat2U
    38 | December 15, 2010 5:31 pm

We have a group here who is trying to open a charter school. It is located within the grounds of where nuns retire and the school building it will use is a former Christian Academy. At first the argument was “no” because of things like crosses built into the brick and stuff like that. Now, it is the local school district that is opposing it, over and over again. i really hope these people get their charter school. Parents everywhere need to send a message that schools will not be allowed to treat children this way.

39 | December 15, 2010 5:31 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

How much humiliation will we tolerate, sinking into submission?
    That is what inquiring Obamas want to know.

40 | December 15, 2010 5:34 pm

How much humiliation will we tolerate, sinking into submission?
    That is what inquiring Obamas want to know.

Sorry…I was busy cleaning my guns.

What was the question?

41. NoThreat2U
    41 | December 15, 2010 5:34 pm

I am afraid of my own answer to that question. I just don’t think I could tolerate it. Consequences be damned. But we can be comforted with the knowledge of the Trusted Travellers program.//

42. vagabond trader
    42 | December 15, 2010 5:34 pm

The same here,office space, entire recently built strip malls and restaurants especially.

43. rain of lead
    43 | December 15, 2010 5:35 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

so the agent just wanted to squeeze her tittie
    whats wrong with that?

must I?

44 | December 15, 2010 5:36 pm

The House just passed the DADT repeal.

Good to see that they have time for important stuff, since they’ve decided to skip passing a budget and all…

45 | December 15, 2010 5:36 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

Things are upside down , It is all about wages & benefits not education.
    Teachers need to be judged on proficiency & recieve “merit” pay.

Goddess of the Classroom is a role model.

46. vagabond trader
    46 | December 15, 2010 5:36 pm

47. vagabond trader
    47 | December 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Do you have a link for the vote breakdown?

48. NoThreat2U
    48 | December 15, 2010 5:37 pm

@ rain of lead:
    TSA agents should call themselves CopAFeel Agents. ICK!

49 | December 15, 2010 5:38 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

Do you have a link for the vote breakdown?

Not at the moment. It was mentioned in a break on FNC. something like 253-175.

50. 50 | December 15, 2010 5:38 pm

Macker wrote:

My wife’s a teacher. She couldn’t hold back a student if the parents didn’t allow it. I can only think of one she tried to flunk but the mom would have none of it, the meeting actually got pretty ugly as the mom was acting as if her son was being attacked or something. Several years later I saw the kid again, being booked into county.

51 | December 15, 2010 5:40 pm

Things are upside down , It is all about wages & benefits not education.
    Teachers need to be judged on proficiency & recieve “merit” pay.

The unions are dead-set against any sort of merit pay. They claim that it would “pit teachers against each other.”

The reality is that it would show what a bunch of slugs the majority of their members are.

52. rain of lead
    52 | December 15, 2010 5:41 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

sounds like he copped so much feel he needed a cig and a change of underwear

53. 53 | December 15, 2010 5:42 pm

I don’t think one can discuss this subject without discussing what has happened to Urban blacks. There was a time when blacks, poor or not, were family oriented. That tradition has been thoroughly destroyed; they have become a community of single-mother households, and this trend, in recent decades, has bled over to the white community, and society, in general. The State has usurped the role of the father, the provider and thus, the father feels no personal responsibiity, knowing that the State will pick up the slack.

This is interference in the basic instincts of human beings and it has forever altered the way we think and act. Remove consequences from our actions and our actions, necessarily, will become more reckless and more poorly considered. This is what we have wrought.

Places like Detroit are the phusical manifestations of denying our nature. The State improperly assumed that poverty was simply a lack of money when, in fact, it’s a lack of education, inspiration, motivation and opportunity. This improper assumption has caused the State to create a welfare state that provides people money, while virtually ignoring the real solutions to their dilemma. The end result is uneducated, uninspired, and unmotivated generations that are ill-equipped to recognize an opportunity if it bit them on the ass.

54. 54 | December 15, 2010 5:42 pm

New DOD.

Chuck’s good deed of the day

55. NoThreat2U
    55 | December 15, 2010 5:42 pm

It should pit them against each other. Competition will lead to better teachers! If you suck, you are out of a job.

56. wolfie
    56 | December 15, 2010 5:43 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

(Not really answering that specific comment!)

The point you emphasize in your essay is key: The greatest tragedy about Detroit is that we can’t learn from the mistakes that destroyed the city. The Left won’t learn and will do its best to keep others from learning.

57. NoThreat2U
    57 | December 15, 2010 5:43 pm

@ rain of lead:
    It was a female that did the pat down though! Of course, it probably did turn on the supervisor.

58 | December 15, 2010 5:43 pm

And that’s what they fear. Seriously, over half of the teachers
    in the Chicago system can’t verbally express themselves.
    A real poor return on investment.

59. 59 | December 15, 2010 5:43 pm

That’s the way of the world; it’s past time that these insulated people realize that.

60 | December 15, 2010 5:44 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Which the union obviously can’t allow. It exists in order to protect its members (and to funnel money to Democrats, of course).

Quality of education is way down their list of priorities.

61. wolfie
    61 | December 15, 2010 5:46 pm

@ MacDuff:

All too true.
    The combination of the welfare state and the sexual revolution, which feed off each other, has been a disaster.

62. vagabond trader
    62 | December 15, 2010 5:47 pm

@ wolfie:

They will continue the same failed policies because most D leaders of decaying cities are corrupt.

63 | December 15, 2010 5:47 pm

I went back to finish my BA in the late ’90s. I couldn’t believe the quality of the students they let into the teacher education program.

They took most of their classes within their own school. I’m convinced that was so the rest of the university wouldn’t see what a bunch of absolute morons they were.

64. NoThreat2U
    64 | December 15, 2010 5:48 pm

So what do we have to do…where do we begin to crush these fat cat unions? Seriously, I’m curious.

65 | December 15, 2010 5:48 pm

Mike C. wrote:

@ rain of lead:

They’re not getting the message at the RNC.
    2010 was a reprieve not a vote of confidence.
    2012 will be the GOP’s very last chance to get it right.

66 | December 15, 2010 5:49 pm

@ MacDuff:

And of course, the social engineers on the left are unable to distinguish cause from effect.

They’ll all tell you that the problems in the black community are the result of unemployment and too much of their male population being in prison.

67 | December 15, 2010 5:50 pm

New DOD.
    Chuck’s good deed of the day

Is 000G ludwig?

68. vagabond trader
    68 | December 15, 2010 5:51 pm

and they need more money.

69 | December 15, 2010 5:51 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

About the only chance I can see is if some of the states and big cities go bankrupt. Maybe they can get rid of the unions as a result.

Otherwise, I don’t know. The whole education system is corrupt from top to bottom.

70 | December 15, 2010 5:51 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

in every other field workers are ‘pitted’ against each other every day. its a good thing.

71. 71 | December 15, 2010 5:52 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

I guess one could go to school board meetings. Parents really need to get involved. Personally, I don’t have any children and spent 12 years in Catholic schools, so what do I know?

72. wolfie
    72 | December 15, 2010 5:52 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

Yep. And there comes a point where you have to admit they just don’t give a damn about the underclass they pretend to be helping.

73. NoThreat2U
    73 | December 15, 2010 5:53 pm

That is really depressing. Bankrupting states was discussed here. Good thread too IIRC. We may have to revisit that idea because things can’t keep going they way they are.

74 | December 15, 2010 5:53 pm

@ MacDuff:

in pgh, before the great society, the hill district was THE place to go for nightlife.

dont go there now after dark.

75 | December 15, 2010 5:53 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

In every other field, workers get paid or promoted based on performance, rather than on how long they’ve been there.

76 | December 15, 2010 5:54 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Speranza:
    They are doing controlled demo on some neighborhoods.

I’m sure the Firefighters are getting all the practice they need or want…

77 | December 15, 2010 5:54 pm

I don’t doubt that for a minute & it’s a huge problem.
    Tenure should go away, it’s an archaic holdover from
    the McCarthy era.

78 | December 15, 2010 5:54 pm

@ MacDuff:

That won’t do you any good in most places, because the school board members are essentially put in place by the unions.

79. NoThreat2U
    79 | December 15, 2010 5:56 pm

Agreed! What the hell makes a teacher so special?

@ MacDuff:
    This is one reason I hope I never have grandchildren. I fought with our school constantly and never got any results. Did you know that every little boy who didn’t sit still in his chair had ADD? Well it took about one week of medication and mood swings before I told the school to shove their suggestion up their ass. I purposely went to the school and pulled my daughter out when she was 17. She was being bullied and they wouldn’t do a thing about it. The smug principal came out smiling and asking me what was going on. After I told him that we already discussed the problem numerous times…face to face..he could take his school and shove it. I wish I would have put them in Catholic school from the beginning.

80. Macker
    80 | December 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Rancher wrote:

In 2002, I found out our son had been brought up before a juvenile judge for assault charges against a teacher. Imagine that. The court asked me why I wasn’t involved, and I told them exactly why. Never heard from those bastards again.

81. snork
    81 | December 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Palin has a couple.

82. 82 | December 15, 2010 5:57 pm

The concept of “competition” is anathema in the whole of the “union environment”. That fact, alone, makes me virulently anti-union. It inhibits creativity and natural advancement on the part of employees and locks them into a mindset of “do only what you must do”.

“Up by one’s bootstraps” mentalities need not bother.

83. vagabond trader
    83 | December 15, 2010 5:58 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

The ones that still have jobs. Oh yeah they love that kind of stuff and it beats having to go on endless calls to fires in abandoned buildings.

Check this out

84 | December 15, 2010 5:58 pm

Absolutely. If there ever was a reason for tenure in elementary and secondary schools, it’s long since gone away.

The claim that they need it to preserve “academic freedom” is absurd.

What kind of “academic freedom” do you need in order to teach kids to read?

85. unclassifiable
    85 | December 15, 2010 6:00 pm

@ MacDuff:

Good comment.

86 | December 15, 2010 6:00 pm

@ MacDuff:

That one fact is probably the single biggest thing that brought down the American auto industry.

87 | December 15, 2010 6:02 pm

The claim that they need it to preserve “academic freedom” is absurd.
    What kind of “academic freedom” do you need in order to teach kids to read?

Exactly.

88 | December 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Urgh…Murkowski, Snowe, Collins, Lugar, and Brown all support repeal of DADT.

So the only way the Republicans can stop is in the Senate is to run out the clock.

89. mjazz
    89 | December 15, 2010 6:04 pm

@ snowcrash:
    Razing costs money.

90. vagabond trader
  91. rain of lead
    91 | December 15, 2010 6:07 pm

snork wrote:

Mike C. wrote:
    Palin has a couple.

Megyn Kelly has a couple more

Megyn Kelly Piles on GOP for Earmarks: ‘We’ll Be Naming Them’

Fox’s Megyn Kelly was not happy to hear that many Republicans have stuffed the omnibus spending bill full of earmarks. On her show Wednesday, she went after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (KY), Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) and Sen. Saxby Chmbliss (R-GA) for their earmarks. She also vowed to name more names on “both sides of the aisle.”

92 | December 15, 2010 6:07 pm

@ MacDuff:
    United Airlines used to boast that they had the richest labor
    contracts in the industry. It didn’t work out real well for them,
    so they forced an employee buy out , which is a sham.
    A friend of mine is a pilot & he was forced to convert all
    of his 401K investments into UAL stock.
    it is now pennys on the dollar.

93 | December 15, 2010 6:07 pm

MacDuff wrote:

That’s a feature not a bug.
    Smart Folks don’t vote for demonrats.
    This is LBJ’s Great Society at its finest.

94. unclassifiable
    94 | December 15, 2010 6:09 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I am starting with this Wikipedia article and then going on from there. I think the labor laws pertaining to unions are simply “unbalanced”.

I know Wiki is not entirely dependable but it gives me a start to research things on my own.

95. vagabond trader
    95 | December 15, 2010 6:10 pm

RINOS

96. wolfie
    96 | December 15, 2010 6:11 pm

There never was an “academic freedom” reason for tenure in K-12, and there isn’t any reason for it now. They don’t have academic freedom. K-12 teachers teach what the school boards mandates and cannot teach or promote what the board forbids.

The only reason for K-12 tenure is paycheck security.

97 | December 15, 2010 6:12 pm

@ unclassifiable:

here’s teh definitive work on the death of american steel…for your reading plaseure:

and the wolf finally came

98. unclassifiable
    98 | December 15, 2010 6:13 pm

3rd Party here we come.

99. mjazz
    99 | December 15, 2010 6:13 pm

I’ll bet all the copper in those houses has been recycled.

100 | December 15, 2010 6:14 pm

If you think that there are union abuses now, just wait until
    the TSA unionizes. They’re abusive now, with union protection
    they will dial it up.

101. vagabond trader
    101 | December 15, 2010 6:15 pm

@ mjazz:

Lots of great architectural salvage too.

102. Macker
    102 | December 15, 2010 6:16 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

3rd Party here we come.

But what should it be named? Tea? Or something else like…Nationalists?

103. NoThreat2U
    103 | December 15, 2010 6:16 pm

@ unclassifiable:
    Thanks…I’m gonna save that. Maybe I can get some useful info out of it.

104. unclassifiable
    104 | December 15, 2010 6:17 pm

Did you notice the quote by the The Nation?

Hmmmm. I’ll read it but I wonder what L^3 turnip head at The Nation read the book and still thinks unions are cool?

105. Calo
    105 | December 15, 2010 6:17 pm

teachers
    in the Chicago system can’t verbally express themselves.

I am always amazed at some of the emails I get from my kids teachers and their lack of basic writing skills.

106. mjazz
    106 | December 15, 2010 6:18 pm

@ vagabond trader:
    I’ll bet a lot of asians would restore some of the houses that were not so bad.

107. unclassifiable
    107 | December 15, 2010 6:19 pm

@ Macker:

Let’s just jump ahead of the media and call the “Big Asshole Party”.

I mean we ARE going to HAVE to be ASSHOLES to get this crap straightened out aren’t we?

108. mjazz
    108 | December 15, 2010 6:20 pm

@ Macker:
    I propose ARM- American Revolutionary Movement.

109 | December 15, 2010 6:20 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

Did you notice the quote by the The Nation?

i saw that. funny.

the writer basically nails management and the unions for this, and rightly so.

110. mjazz
    110 | December 15, 2010 6:21 pm

@ Calo:
    There was one sent home that said “She always be late.”

111. 111 | December 15, 2010 6:21 pm

@ wolfie:

I think you hit the nail on the head exactly.

112 | December 15, 2010 6:21 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

RINOS

Should be shot on sight… :mad:

(Did I just say that out loud??? :oops: )

113 | December 15, 2010 6:22 pm

@ Calo:

There are some great teachers , but too often they are considered
    a threat to the incompetent.
    It sounds like your kids teachers are a disservice to the kids &
    the taxpayers.

114. rain of lead
    114 | December 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Macker wrote:

unclassifiable wrote:
    3rd Party here we come.
    But what should it be named? Tea? Or something else like…Nationalists?

whigs, bull moose, come on help me out here

115. snowcrash
    115 | December 15, 2010 6:22 pm

@ vagabond trader:
    Great link. Crime thrives in the abandoned houses. Did you see the drug paraphenilia casually left out? The city doesn’t have the tax base to support the services needed. Glad the money is going to fund something sensible.

116 | December 15, 2010 6:24 pm

snowcrash wrote:

@ vagabond trader:

They should turn it over to the military to use as a live-fire training area.

117. mjazz
    117 | December 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Any child that attacks a teacher should be expelled and the parents required to pay for their education elsewhere. Attach their income for the rest of their lives if need be. Sooner or later word will get out that allowing your kids to be animals doesn’t pay.

118 | December 15, 2010 6:27 pm

mjazz wrote:

@ Macker:
    I propose ARM- American Revolutionary Movement.

TAB, Taking America Back Party. :wink:

119 | December 15, 2010 6:27 pm

mjazz wrote:

@ Calo:

There was one sent home that said “She always be late.”

Word, you be kiddin?

120. Macker
    120 | December 15, 2010 6:27 pm

mjazz wrote:

Yeah, that really would have pissed his mother off. After all, she raised him and she wouldn’t allow me any say.

121. mjazz
    121 | December 15, 2010 6:28 pm

;)

122. Macker
    122 | December 15, 2010 6:28 pm

They could also unleash a MOAB on said areas too, wouldn’t make a difference.

123. vagabond trader
    123 | December 15, 2010 6:30 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Why waste valuable ammo,plenty of lamposts in DC.

124. snowcrash
    124 | December 15, 2010 6:31 pm

@ mjazz:
    mjazz, the state is required to provide an education. Only private schools have the luxury of asking poorly behaved students to leave. My town does have a seperate campus for kids removed from the regular schools because of behavoral or criminal problems.

125 | December 15, 2010 6:31 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

mjazz wrote:
    @ Macker:
    I propose ARM- American Revolutionary Movement.
    TAB, Taking America Back Party.

How about the POMO Party, Pissed Off MoFos?

126. 126 | December 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Things are upside down , It is all about wages & benefits not education.

A union boss once remarked tha teachers vote, not kids.

127. vagabond trader
    127 | December 15, 2010 6:33 pm

The Antisocialist Party. :twisted:

128 | December 15, 2010 6:34 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Why waste valuable ammo,plenty of lamposts in DC.

Not to mention there’s also a handy river nearby. :twisted:

129. Brick
    129 | December 15, 2010 6:34 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

@ Macker:
    Let’s just jump ahead of the media and call the “Big Asshole Party”.

Hell, you have to be an asshole these days just to get heard. I think just plain “T” party will suffice. Keep it somewhat nebulous. Those in the know will identify T with Tea. The media will identify the T with Terrorist.

T is for “Tackle” (problems)

T is for “Traditional” (values)

T is for “Transcend” (2 faces of the same old politics)

T is for “Truth” (America’s excellence benefits the world)

etc.

130. vagabond trader
    130 | December 15, 2010 6:35 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

I rather like the medieval French custom of sewing scoundrels and thieves up in leather sacks then tossing them into the drink.

131 | December 15, 2010 6:36 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    mjazz wrote:
    @ Macker:
    I propose ARM- American Revolutionary Movement.
    TAB, Taking America Back Party.

How about the POMO Party, Pissed Off MoFos?

That works for me. I’ve been POed for a while now. :lol:

132. snowcrash
    132 | December 15, 2010 6:38 pm

@ Brick:
    I like it.

133. snork
    133 | December 15, 2010 6:38 pm

wolfie wrote:

And I’m afraid Chicago’s headed for the same fate. In Chicago’s case, it’s a little more straightforward; with pension obligations getting into the tens of thousands of dollars per resident, it’s going to be just about impossible to stop a massive flight to the suburbs as the taxes go up. they’re hosed, and only a bankruptcy can unhose them.

That’s also what happened to Detroit, btw. The Metro area is still somewhat viable, it’s the city that’s a basket case.

134. rain of lead
    134 | December 15, 2010 6:39 pm

rain of lead wrote:

Macker wrote:
    unclassifiable wrote:
    3rd Party here we come.
    But what should it be named? Tea? Or something else like…Nationalists?
    whigs, bull moose, come on help me out here

found this comment at PW fits just right

If the GOP leadership can’t stop several of its members from voting for an omnibus bill that will effectively neuter the incoming Congress for an entire fiscal year — and so intentionally undermine the will of the American electorate — than that leadership needs to go.

And if we can’t vote our own interests any more by voting for the GOP, we should seriously begin thinking about leaving the party entirely and forming a new party. I’d be happy to label it, too. It’d be called the “Yeah? Well then fuck you, too!” party.

No donkeys or elephants. Just a pissed off eagle giving you the finger.

Posted by Jeff G.

135. mjazz
    135 | December 15, 2010 6:42 pm

I want to see what some of these earmarks are. At least now in this information age we can see what is up fairly quickly. When I was younger you would just see a list in a periodical every now and then that would have things in it like they wanted to know why horseflies flew in circles.
    Even back then the media let us down. But we can’t afford junk like that anymore, it shouldn’t be business as usual.

136 | December 15, 2010 6:46 pm

Rancher wrote:

Things are upside down , It is all about wages & benefits not education.
    A union boss once remarked tha teachers vote, not kids.

Wow, that is honest, but way to cynical.
    You must have been shocked.

137 | December 15, 2010 6:47 pm

@ snork:

wait till they find a way for the city to tax the metro area…they flaoted that idea in pgh a few years ago and there was damn near a revolution

138. mjazz
    138 | December 15, 2010 6:47 pm

I’ll bet there was a lot of inflation in Detroit if people were making that much money. They were probably paying five bucks for a loaf of bread and not minding.

139. vagabond trader
    139 | December 15, 2010 6:48 pm

@ mjazz:

A few

140. mjazz
    140 | December 15, 2010 6:49 pm

@ vagabond trader:
    Thank you. 8)

141. unclassifiable
    141 | December 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Wait until government will want to issue “moving permits” to allow you to move out of a crummy city or town.

BTW y’alls powder dry?

142 | December 15, 2010 6:51 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

That works for me. I’ve been POed for a while now.

The problem in my mind is that the pols play us for fools.
    We are viewed as chattles of the state rather than their boss.
    Things have got to change & if these Republicans won’t do
    it we’ll elect people who will.

143 | December 15, 2010 6:52 pm

unclassifiable wrote:

BTW y’alls powder dry?

I spent the afternoon cleaning my guns, actually.

144. mjazz
    144 | December 15, 2010 6:52 pm

@ vagabond trader:
    It’s the same old story.

145. vagabond trader
    145 | December 15, 2010 6:52 pm

@ mjazz:

Mighty odd website that claims to be conservative but they had the bill….

146. mjazz
    146 | December 15, 2010 6:54 pm

@ unclassifiable:
    If I leave the state and rent my place out, and sell it a few years down the road, I heard that they want 30% of the profit.

147 | December 15, 2010 6:54 pm

My dog is begging for dinner. I’m going to feed him & then beg
    my wife for my dinner.
    Everybody have a good evening.

148. vagabond trader
    148 | December 15, 2010 6:55 pm

@ unclassifiable:

They have pretty much achieved that with the housing bubble and sales at a near stand still. :sad:

149. mjazz
    149 | December 15, 2010 6:55 pm

@ vagabond trader:
    Why do you see a discrepancy there? Or am I reading you wrong?

150. Brick
    150 | December 15, 2010 6:59 pm

@ rain of lead:
    I think an Eagle for the T-party symbol, is perfect.

15 sec spot…National

::fade from black::

animated semi-human jackass and elephant each on 2 legs, taxpayer in the middle.

Jackass kicks the taxpayer.

Taxpayer spins, $$ flies out of pocket and caught by jackass.

Taxpayer now facing the elephant.

The elephant “bonks” taxpayer in the head, spins taxpayer $$ flies out of pocket, now faces jackass.

Repeat. Speed up animation, 8 seconds.

::Eagle screech sound-over::

Taxpayer pummeling stops, elephant and jackass look skyward.

Brightly colored eagle swoops out of sky, grabs and lifts elephant and jackass, one in each claw, and shakes them, money falling out of their pockets.

Eagle carries off jackass and elephant, braying, and elephant sounds heard fading off.

Taxpayer picks up $$.

::fade to black::
    White letters on blk bkgrd: T is for Take a Stand. (or something else catchy starting with T of course.)

151. NoThreat2U

153 | December 15, 2010 7:01 pm

@ Brick:
    Are you doing that thing with your thumbs and forefingers…framing the shot? lol

154. NoThreat2U
    154 | December 15, 2010 7:02 pm

@ mawskrat:
    Just keep it over your way please :)

155. rain of lead
    155 | December 15, 2010 7:04 pm

@ Brick:

awesome
    loooove it!

157 | December 15, 2010 7:04 pm

@ Brick:
    Since they’re not human, can’t the eagle just pull out a colt 45 and shoot the bastards?

157. wolfie
    158 | December 15, 2010 7:04 pm

@ Brick:

:D

159 | December 15, 2010 7:06 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    That works for me. I’ve been POed for a while now.
    The problem in my mind is that the pols play us for fools.
    We are viewed as chattles of the state rather than their boss.
    Things have got to change & if these Republicans won’t do
    it we’ll elect people who will.

Third parties form for a reason; they just don’t appear out of thin air. Using a third party to destroy the GOP may be the only way to save the country. Prosperity has already fled the country. How long before Peace flees as well??

159. 160 | December 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Shocked he said it where it got recorded.

161 | December 15, 2010 7:06 pm

OT:

The Bradley Man
    —apologies to “The Candy Man”

Who can take state secrets?
    Send them to Wikileaks?
    Justify himself no matter what havoc it wreaks?
    The Bradley Man
    The Bradley Man can
    The Bradley Man can because he’s a soldier fighting for equality

Who can join the service?
    Then betray his oath?
    ‘Cause he’s just pursuing his own personal growth
    The Bradley Man
    The Bradley Man can
    The Bradley Man can because he’s a soldier fighting for equality

The Bradley Man betrayed his uniformed comrades
    While working in a war theater
    Burned CDs to distribute later
    That’s what people call a traitor

Who can ride a rainbow
    Into his own hell?
    Who is the new posterboy for don’t ask and don’t tell?
    The Bradley Man
    The Bradley Man can
    The Bradley Man can because he’s a soldier fighting for equality

The Bradley Man betrayed his uniformed comrades
    While working in a war theater
    Burned CDs to distribute later
    That’s what people call a traitor

Yeah, yeah, yeah
    Who can ride a rainbow
    Into his own hell?
    Who is the new posterboy for don’t ask and don’t tell?
    The Bradley Man
    The Bradley Man can
    The Bradley Man can because he’s a soldier fighting for equality
    Yes, the Bradley Man can because he’s a soldier fighting for equality

Bradley Man, Bradley Man
    Bradley Man, Bradley Man
    Bradley Man, Bradley Man…

161. Brick
    162 | December 15, 2010 7:08 pm

@ Brick:
    Are you doing that thing with your thumbs and forefingers…framing the shot? lol

LOL! No, but it does look like that all shrunk down like that. It’s a self-portrait taken in an old wood and brass elevator. I’m shooting directly into the brass doors, and what you see, is the reflection.

Yashica GSN, @ 1.7 and Kodak 200 Gold. More I’m sure than you wanted to know. :)

162. Calo
    163 | December 15, 2010 7:09 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

163. NoThreat2U
    164 | December 15, 2010 7:10 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Now he’s whining about being locked up….

Boo-freaking-hoo. Bradley Manning’s Jail Conditions Are Inhumane, Personality Erasing, Insanity Inducing; Even Torture

164. NoThreat2U
    165 | December 15, 2010 7:11 pm

@ Brick:
    LOL Very creative :)

166 | December 15, 2010 7:11 pm

Personality Erasing

?

lol, he ain’t gittin’ any

166. rain of lead
    167 | December 15, 2010 7:12 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

From the beginning of his detention, Manning has been held in intensive solitary confinement. For 23 out of 24 hours every day — for seven straight months and counting — he sits completely alone in his cell. Even inside his cell, his activities are heavily restricted; he’s barred even from exercising and is under constant surveillance to enforce those restrictions. For reasons that appear completely punitive, he’s being denied many of the most basic attributes of civilized imprisonment, including even a pillow or sheets for his bed (he is not and never has been on suicide watch). For the one hour per day when he is freed from this isolation, he is barred from accessing any news or current events programs. Lt. Villiard protested that the conditions are not “like jail movies where someone gets thrown into the hole,” but confirmed that he is in solitary confinement, entirely alone in his cell except for the one hour per day he is taken out.

awwww……
    bastard should be glad he’s not on the wrong side of a noose

168 | December 15, 2010 7:12 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

How about if we put him out of his misery, instead?

168. rain of lead
    169 | December 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Get.OUT.OF.MY.Head.

169. NoThreat2U
    170 | December 15, 2010 7:13 pm

@ waldensianspirit:
    I was thinking the same thing! LOL

170. NoThreat2U
    171 | December 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Why not??? He’s just missing his manloving. lol

Hey you were in my head first!! lol

171. rain of lead
    172 | December 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Ambassador, Proven Republican Leader, Visionary, and “West Point Mom” — Ann Wagner is running for RNC Chair.

172. mjazz
    173 | December 15, 2010 7:15 pm

On that page: Grand Jury: Underpants Bomber Was No Lone Wolf

Did anyone in their right mind think he was?

174 | December 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Yashica GSN

A good friend had one back in highschool. A good (not so) little camera. :grin:

174. rain of lead
    175 | December 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Why not??? He’s just missing his manloving. lol
    Hey you were in my head first!! lol

it’s nice and roomy in there

176 | December 15, 2010 7:16 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

he needs to look just a little more homo in that pic.

176. NoThreat2U
    177 | December 15, 2010 7:16 pm

@ mjazz:
    All I know is what they tell me and they told me the system worked.// lol I would bet my right arm that there is a vast network out there plotting something major for the US. These are all practice or dry runs…that’s why they all failed. Something big is coming, and I don’t feel the urge to absorb it. I will be wanting revenge.

177. Brick
    178 | December 15, 2010 7:16 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

@ Brick:

2 issues with that.

Now,it’s a 9 second ad

and….

Nobody likes bloody money. :cool:

178. 179 | December 15, 2010 7:17 pm

Muslim Doctor Arrested for Blasphemy

Guess WHY… if you haven’t seen it, you won’t believe it…

179. NoThreat2U
    180 | December 15, 2010 7:17 pm

Echo echo echo echo lol

Is that possible?

181 | December 15, 2010 7:18 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

he could be dressed as an Indian…

182 | December 15, 2010 7:19 pm

rain of lead wrote:

(he is not and never has been on suicide watch)

Does he understand why his shoe laces are made of Kevlar?

182. NoThreat2U
    183 | December 15, 2010 7:20 pm

What??? lol lol

He looks like a little boy in that picture. Creepy dude.

184 | December 15, 2010 7:20 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

As in the Village People…

184. Brick
    185 | December 15, 2010 7:21 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Yashica GSN
    A good friend had one back in highschool. A good (not so) little camera.

The GSN’s are excellent low-light rangefinders.

For informal event shooting indoors, it’s neat to be the only one NOT using a flash, AND film too.

185. mjazz
    186 | December 15, 2010 7:21 pm

I meant to reply to this earlier.

@ NoThreat2U:
    How many American mothers who are not Muslims would blow up a plane with their son next to them?

187 | December 15, 2010 7:21 pm

He forgot to add “equality in execution” to his little poster…

188 | December 15, 2010 7:21 pm

Is that possible?

a band named the village people comes to mind.

see here:

189 | December 15, 2010 7:23 pm

mjazz wrote:

I meant to reply to this earlier.
    @ NoThreat2U:
    How many American human mothers who are not Muslims would blow up a plane with their son next to them?

189. NoThreat2U
    190 | December 15, 2010 7:23 pm

Ohhhh ROFLMAO********** I swear this is no lie…since I sleep with the TV on, I woke up the other morning to Married With Children. The Village People were on there. I just put the pillow over my head and went back to sleep. lol

@ mjazz:
    I could honestly answer….none. It’s not something we do as a rule.

190. wolfie
    191 | December 15, 2010 7:23 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Who can join the service?
    Then betray his oath?
    ‘Cause he’s just pursuing his own personal growth

:lol: I like that line! :lol:
    Especially considering his recent whining about prison being “personality erasing.”

192 | December 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Yup…definitely more gay…

192. Brick
    193 | December 15, 2010 7:24 pm

@ mjazz:

I reluctantly agree.

Heaven forbid something happens, I don’t want any more “measured responses.” The response I’m looking for is measured in kilotons.

194 | December 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Brick wrote:

my film days eneded when i delvolped the last roll of tech-pan that i had loaded. i still have 100yds of the stuff..

the darkroom is all packed up…the nikon f and fa set on the shelf next to the brownie and contaflex as historical pieces.

195 | December 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Yup…definitely more gay…

yep.

195. rain of lead
    196 | December 15, 2010 7:25 pm

he dosen’t look nearly as manly as those guys

197 | December 15, 2010 7:25 pm

wolfie wrote:

buzzsawmonkey wrote:
    Who can join the service?
    Then betray his oath?
    ‘Cause he’s just pursuing his own personal growth
    I like that line!

I don’t see the problem, considering how fucked up his existing personality is…

197. NoThreat2U
    198 | December 15, 2010 7:26 pm

@ Brick:
    Agreed. I will be wanting some serious payback this time. I thought we were going for that after 9/11 but they let me down. I say let loose the Marines with no rules. lol

198. mjazz
    199 | December 15, 2010 7:27 pm

@ 1389AD:
    The Generation Gap in one easy lesson:
    After the attack on Pearl Harbor, we rounded up all the Japanese.
    After the attack on the Twin Towers, we imported more muslims.

199. imtoast
    200 | December 15, 2010 7:30 pm

Has anyone heard from Taxfreekiller? It’s been awhile since I’ve seen him post.

201 | December 15, 2010 7:30 pm

imtoast wrote:

Has anyone heard from Taxfreekiller? It’s been awhile since I’ve seen him post.

He was on earlier today.

201. imtoast
    202 | December 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Has anyone heard from Taxfreekiller? It’s been awhile since I’ve seen a post from him.

202. NoThreat2U
    203 | December 15, 2010 7:31 pm

@ imtoast:
    He was around earlier today.

203. Calo
    204 | December 15, 2010 7:31 pm

@ imtoast:
    He posted yesterday or the day before.

204. Brick
    205 | December 15, 2010 7:31 pm

You’ve got some quality vintage gear there.

205. imtoast
    206 | December 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks, he kind of has a special place in my heart. Sorry about the double post for some reason wordpress said I had already asked that question, so I typed it again….go figure.

207 | December 15, 2010 7:32 pm

rain of lead wrote:

he dosen’t look nearly as manly as those guys

i didnt say manly, did i?

207. snork
    208 | December 15, 2010 7:32 pm

@ imtoast:
    This morning.

208. 209 | December 15, 2010 7:33 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

That’s for his own protection. I doubt his fellow prisoners take too kindly to traitors.

210 | December 15, 2010 7:33 pm

Brick wrote:

You’ve got some quality vintage gear there.

i grudgingly went digital 18 months ago

210. mawskrat
    211 | December 15, 2010 7:33 pm

since BILLIONS will die in the Ohio valley during this
    new storm every one make babies to replace the lost
    population

//liberals please use birth control

212 | December 15, 2010 7:34 pm

@ imtoast:
    He’s around. I saw he commented on DoD yesterday:-)

212. Beeduwine
    213 | December 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Can we invite LvQ over and give him a sock?

213. NoThreat2U
    214 | December 15, 2010 7:35 pm

@ Rancher:
    I say let him out in gen pop. Then we’ll see which he likes better.

@ mawskrat:
    Ummm, no thanx lol

214. NoThreat2U
    215 | December 15, 2010 7:36 pm

@ Beeduwine:
    I’d rather beat him with a sock…with a bar of soap in it.

215. mjazz
    216 | December 15, 2010 7:37 pm

since I sleep with the TV on

So that is your problem, seeping into your subconscious.

216. rain of lead
    217 | December 15, 2010 7:39 pm

my eyes, my eyes!!
    (not safe for anyone)
    (don’t click this link)
    (you have been warned)

(you know you want to)

Michelle Obama has once again reiterated that fat kids are a national security threat. She said, “Fat kids are a threat to our national security. And they’re disgusting and fat! I hate them!”

217. Beeduwine
    218 | December 15, 2010 7:40 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

LvQ always says he’s got CJ’s back, but who’s got Ludwig’s back?

Let’s have his back.

218. Brick
    219 | December 15, 2010 7:42 pm

Brick wrote:
    You’ve got some quality vintage gear there.

i grudgingly went digital 18 months ago

For most things digital actually makes “more sense.” Still, there’s something about film…for me, it’s the anticipation of having to wait to see what I actually got. Film makes me slow down instead of click, and check the screen. For the record, I do have a couple of digital point and shoots, and they get probably equal use as my film bodies.

Oh and to keep it on topic, I like to take pictures of abandoned buildings, like what’s in Detriot, however I’m glad that I have to travel a good ways to do so. :)

219. rain of lead
    220 | December 15, 2010 7:43 pm

@ Beeduwine:
    I’d rather beat him with a sock…with a bar of soap in it.

I’d rather introduce him to the machine

220. NoThreat2U
    221 | December 15, 2010 7:45 pm

@ mjazz:
    Lordie that was awful. lol lol I usually keep it on a safe channel like TNT. lol

@ Beeduwine:
    Frak him and frak his back. Hell, to him I may qualify as a NEWNOUN since I have “bumps” in the front of my shirt. Screw that little bastard. Ooops, correction…horney little bastard.

221. mawskrat
    222 | December 15, 2010 7:46 pm

mjazz wrote:

since I sleep with the TV on
    So that is your problem, seeping into your subconscious.

that’s a great tune I remember Zappa was on SNL we had a great party

223 | December 15, 2010 7:46 pm

How many times can Obama use the end of his presidency bit?

223. 224 | December 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Use a cue ball. It splats better :evil:

225 | December 15, 2010 7:47 pm

rain of lead wrote:

Au contraire. We need more fat kids. Think what we can save on sandbags in the event of a national disaster.

225. Beeduwine
    226 | December 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Heh!

226. mjazz
    227 | December 15, 2010 7:49 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    I think he had a point. 8)

227. NoThreat2U
    228 | December 15, 2010 7:49 pm

@ rain of lead:
    I dont think that will be necessary, I think he will implode on his own and take the coward’s way out.

228. mjazz
    229 | December 15, 2010 7:50 pm

@ mawskrat:
    I guess they weren’t happy because he didn’t follow the script.

229. NoThreat2U
    230 | December 15, 2010 7:51 pm

@ mawskrat:
    Zappa is a little too weird for me. lol

But swinging that sock is like swinging a purse, and we all know how well women can do that ;)

230. 231 | December 15, 2010 7:57 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I like a padlock on a dog choker. It swings right nicely even if I don’t carry a purse…

231. Beeduwine
    232 | December 15, 2010 7:58 pm

@ mawskrat:
    Zappa is a little too weird for me. lol

Swinging a purse… I will not mention Dorian. Mouth is shut. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

Discipline.

232. NoThreat2U
    233 | December 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Oh a padlock would hurt like hell! Maybe I should put a padlock on the strap of my purse? You know, just to be sure. lol

233. rain of lead
    234 | December 15, 2010 7:58 pm

bbiab

234. NoThreat2U
    235 | December 15, 2010 7:59 pm

@ Beeduwine:
    IT’S A EUROPEAN MAN BAG!!!! LMAO

235. mjazz
    236 | December 15, 2010 8:00 pm

@ mawskrat:
    They had the Freak Mountain skit where they found out Zappa didn’t do dope. At the end of the show Belushi came out with a joint and offered it to him and Zappa knocked it out of his hand.

236. mjazz
    237 | December 15, 2010 8:01 pm

I gotta go watch the Irish guy so I’ll know what to believe.
    We conservatives don’t know how to think for ourselves/

237. 238 | December 15, 2010 8:02 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Here’s what you need. I bet you could even get that onto a plane…

238. 239 | December 15, 2010 8:03 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by 1389, The Blogmocracy. The Blogmocracy said: Model Cities Program, Detroit as the Object Lesson http://goo.gl/fb/R718Q #blogmocracy #economy #guestpost #history [...]

239. NoThreat2U
    240 | December 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Monkey Fist? Looks easy to carry around. I just might have to consider one.

241 | December 15, 2010 8:04 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

There’s nothing like a lump of steel to add to your purse’s ability to make lasting lumps on a lowlife lumphead. :twisted:

241. 242 | December 15, 2010 8:04 pm

mjazz wrote:

@ mawskrat:

Zappa was a caffeine and tobacco junkie though…. :shock:

242. Brick
    243 | December 15, 2010 8:05 pm

Monsters in our midst.

So much FAIL.

243. NoThreat2U
    244 | December 15, 2010 8:05 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Very true! I just don’t wanna ruin the makeup in my purse. That stuff aint cheap!

244. 245 | December 15, 2010 8:07 pm

So I had the first practice with the new band last night, boy was I wiped out today…

245. NoThreat2U
    246 | December 15, 2010 8:08 pm

@ Brick:
    Gee, why doesn’t every woman date a convicted killer?// And the mother is a stupid bitch. She doesn’t believe he would do it? What, the baby did it to himself. They should both be executed.

246. chickadee
    247 | December 15, 2010 8:08 pm

Wow, looking at that rotting town is so depressing. And seeing it happen so fast.
    Down hill to such a deplorable condition in just 40 years of dim rule.
    The progs take over and bleed the place dry. Just wring everything they can from it and leave a decayed husk. Misery everywhere. Seeing those once impressive beautiful buildings, now burned out and falling in, it looks a disease just ran through the place and left nothing but death and destruction in its wake.
    It is so sad when healthy towns and cities just crumble and die. What a waste.

247. Brick
    248 | December 15, 2010 8:09 pm

How did you sound?

248. 249 | December 15, 2010 8:10 pm

How did you sound?

Pretty damned good, oh, and very damned loud… :mrgreen:

249. chickadee
    250 | December 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Monsters in our midst.

So much FAIL.

OMG, look at that fcker’s eyes.

250. Brick
    251 | December 15, 2010 8:14 pm

How did you sound?

Pretty damned good, oh, and very damned loud…

Cool.

So, is this intended to ultimately be a paying gig or playing for fun?

251. 253 | December 15, 2010 8:19 pm

snork wrote:

wolfie wrote:

Wouldn’t surprise me a bit if we end up with a real civil war fought with nukes.

It’ll break down as city vs. suburbs/country, more or less.

Or red counties vs. blue counties.

Densely populated areas are the only types of areas that it pays to nuke, from a military standpoint.

I won’t be affected. I live in an unincorporated area and that’s exactly where I’ll stay, until such time as I emigrate. Which may be before that happens anyway.

252. Bagua
    254 | December 15, 2010 8:21 pm

@ snork:

It is actually more sad than funny.

bump:

Jamesfirecat also posted a picture of himself at some moonbat rally.

Yes, his poster reads: “I love America too much to flounce.” I’m sure that made a lot of sense to the other nitwits?

The photo does explain why the young man spends his all of his free time on LGF chatting, instead of socialising with his peers. Pathetic.

But those are the dominant voices now at that vapid blog known as LGF. The dominant voices are freaks and social misfits.

253. 255 | December 15, 2010 8:22 pm

How did it go?

254. 256 | December 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Brick wrote:

So, is this intended to ultimately be a paying gig or playing for fun?

Oh it’s definitely a paying gig, we already have gig’s booked from the end of Feb, through the beginning of May.

255. snowcrash
    257 | December 15, 2010 8:23 pm

@ snork:
    No. It is sad.

256. orangecrush
  257. Brick
    259 | December 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Brick wrote:
    So, is this intended to ultimately be a paying gig or playing for fun?

Wow! That’s excellent! Do you have a specific song set (if that’s what it’s called?)

258. Bagua
    260 | December 15, 2010 8:26 pm

Note to anyone not so heavily medicated that that can listen to reason; if you are a young college student and not only spend all your time on a blog, but also find yourself carrying self-referential signs at public rallies that only your blog friends can understand, it is a good time to seek help from a competent counselor.

259. imtoast
    261 | December 15, 2010 8:27 pm

@ waldensianspirit:
    Thank you!

260. 262 | December 15, 2010 8:30 pm

How did it go?

It went very well, but I did add a couple more blisters… :oops: Last night practice consisted of Sweet Child of Mine and Welcome to the Jungle by GNR, Dirty deed’s done dirt Cheap, Have a drink on me, You shook me, Highway to Hell by AC/DC, Living after midnight, Breaking the Law, You’ve got another thing coming by Judas Priest, Bark at the Moon by Ozzy, Slide it in by Whitesnake, and three or four other songs I dont remember right off the top of my head.

263 | December 15, 2010 8:32 pm

@ Bagua:
    He bitches about the monitor lizards! Jamesfirecat? Get serious. Take Bagua advice. You truly might be surprised at what life has to offer.

262. Brick
    264 | December 15, 2010 8:32 pm

How did it go?

It went very well, but I did add a couple more blisters… Last night practice consisted of Sweet Child of Mine and Welcome to the Jungle by GNR, Dirty deed’s done dirt Cheap, Have a drink on me, You shook me, Highway to Hell by AC/DC, Living after midnight, Breaking the Law, You’ve got another thing coming by Judas Priest, Bark at the Moon by Ozzy, Slide it in by Whitesnake, and three or four other songs I dont remember right off the top of my head.

That’s a high energy set!

263. 265 | December 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Brick wrote:
    So, is this intended to ultimately be a paying gig or playing for fun?

Yes, four complete sets, that consist of 12 songs each.

264. 266 | December 15, 2010 8:34 pm

How did it go?

That’s a high energy set!

ROTFLMAO… you’re tell me…. :lol: :lol: wiped me out, I am sooo out of shape for this stuff…

267 | December 15, 2010 8:34 pm

Bagua wrote:

It will never happen. Can’t help someone who won’t help themselves. This guy sound like he’s beyond help anyways.

266. 268 | December 15, 2010 8:35 pm

mjazz wrote:

@ 1389AD:
    The Generation Gap in one easy lesson:
    After the attack on Pearl Harbor, we rounded up all the Japanese.
    After the attack on the Twin Towers, we imported more muslims.

Exactly.

269 | December 15, 2010 8:37 pm

@ 1389AD:
    And in this case the muslims have a smorgasbord of other belief systems to take up if they didn’t want to be rounded up.

268. 270 | December 15, 2010 8:38 pm

1389AD wrote:

mjazz wrote:
    @ 1389AD:
    The Generation Gap in one easy lesson:
    After the attack on Pearl Harbor, we rounded up all the Japanese.
    After the attack on the Twin Towers, we imported more muslims.
    Exactly.

Sounds like a potentially fatal viral infection of stupidity if ya ask me.

269. chickadee
    271 | December 15, 2010 8:43 pm

@ Bagua:
    How abt. anyone still over there needs an intervention and major deprogramming.
    Grown men allowing themselves to be abused and slapped around in public by a flip flopping unstable slob.
    And the ones who aren’t in the cage are crying and chattering, hoping around like little scared monkeys.

It’s pathetic.

270. Bagua
    272 | December 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Well, certainly that applies to the hard core freaks and social misfits, such as Socioweasel/Slima, PschoVanQuixote, WindUpBird, Windsagio, Space Jesus, Recursary, Wozzablog, Obdicutn, godamnfrank, et. al.. That batch, the dominant control “lizards”, could not find a sense of community at anything short of a freak show.

jamesfirecat has chosen them as role models, and is forming his beliefs and behaviours to suit them, that is a sad and limiting choice for a young person.

271. 273 | December 15, 2010 8:46 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Now he’s whining about being locked up….

I volunteer to put him out of his misery.

272. Bagua
    274 | December 15, 2010 8:46 pm

@ chickadee:

It is pathetic, but they seem happy. They find others like them, and worship the predators.

273. Brick
    275 | December 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Keep thinking…”Do it for the chicks! Do it for the chicks!”

276 | December 15, 2010 8:55 pm

Bagua wrote:

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Just a note, not one of those nic’s were there when I got the stick. Don’t really know a thing about any of them except what I read here. Haven’t been to the swamp in over a year (Maybe closer to two) My posts relating to the swamp and the mad king is just an excuse to practice Ad hominem abuse. :evil:
    Don’t want my skills to get rusty. :twisted:

275. 277 | December 15, 2010 9:59 pm

All that land, just sitting there going to waste! I am tempted to start buying it up, lots and lots of it, then put up a high-voltage fence to keep the mutants out, plant grass and put some bovine-Americans out there to pasture. Maybe also some porcine-Americans, too.

276. 278 | December 15, 2010 10:24 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

Hmmm, a retirement home for democrat and republic politicians?