Progressives Compare Gov. Scott Walker to Hitler

by Rodan ( 228 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Blogwars, Communism, Democratic Party, Economy, Elections 2010, Health Care, LGF, Liberal Fascism, Progressives, Republican Party, Socialism, Tranzis at February 18th, 2011 - 8:30 am

Progressives, such as online cult leader and supposedly great political analyst, Charles “Icarus” Johnson, complained when some Tea Party activists had posters of Obama as Hitler. As we know, this was mainly the Larouchers, who are themselves a cult. Either way it was a small segment of the Tea Party movement that did this. Yet leftists, like a certain unemployed Californian, are silent as Progressive public sector workers in Wisconsin compare their governor to Hitler and Mussolini.

The Republican governor of Wisconsin Scott Walker is attempting to prevent the teachers unions from abusing their collective bargaining powers. The teachers pay nothing towards their health care and pensions. This has led to a state deficit and and long term debt. Walker’s budget wanted to restrict pay increases to cost of living and force the workers to pay towards their pensions and health coverage. This is something that private sector workers do and they make less money. Clearly something must be done as this is not fair to the taxpayers of Wisconsin.

MADISON, Wis. – Faced with a near-certain Republican victory that would end a half-century of collective bargaining for public workers, Wisconsin Democrats retaliated with the only weapon they had left: They fled.

Fourteen Democratic lawmakers disappeared from the Capitol on Thursday, just as the Senate was about to begin debating the measure aimed at easing the state’s budget crunch.

By refusing to show up for a vote, the group brought the debate to a swift halt and hoped to pressure Republicans to the negotiating table.

[...]

In addition to eliminating collective-bargaining rights, the legislation also would make public workers pay half the costs of their pensions and at least 12.6 percent of their health care coverage — increases Walker calls “modest” compared with those in the private sector.

Read the rest: Wis. lawmakers flee state to block anti-union bill

The public sector unions have caused a fiscal crisis for the states. Public pay in many states is now more than private pay. This is an economic imbalance that is hurting this nation. Governor Scott Walker is tackling the problem head on to improve his state’s economic competitiveness, something Progressives don’t grasp nor care about.

As usual not only is the state union protesting, but they are receiving assistance from the regime of Community organizer in chief, Barack Hussein Obama. His Organizing for America group is sending advisers to assist the teacher’s union. Clearly this is outside interference in a local matter. This typical of what 3rd World regimes do and Obama is implementing this for America.

Here is video clip of some of the signs the Obama backed protesters were
carrying.

The failed California programmer praised these protests. Progressives like him are OK with Republicans being called Nazis or Fascists, but they get upset when they are compared to it. The real reason why Charles “Icarus” Johnson is OK with the Nazi comparisons is because he believes that Conservatives are Nazis. Chuck believes that these protesters really are fighting Nazis and that’s his reason for supporting them.

Progressives are hypocrites and Chuck the failed blogger turned online cult leader is just an example of this. Civility for thee, but not for me. This is why Conservatives must show the left no mercy. Politics is war through other means.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

228 Responses to “Progressives Compare Gov. Scott Walker to Hitler”

1 | February 18, 2011 8:33 am

They’re teachers -- what would they know about history?

2. 2 | February 18, 2011 8:33 am

Teach these sobs a lesson. Fire them. All those imported mofos are Obama’s private army. Brought to this event just as there were thousands brought to Egypt.

3. Nevergiveup
    3 | February 18, 2011 8:33 am

There are also picture of walker out there with a target drawn on his face, but I bet we don’t hear to much about that since he is not named Palin

4. 4 | February 18, 2011 8:35 am

Looks like Chris Wallace went the way of Bloated Bovine with his reversal on views and COOKBOOK!!!!! Get lost you sob.

5. MikeA
    5 | February 18, 2011 8:41 am

I still think the teachers who brought their students without parental permission should be charged with kidnapping. How dare they tell their students to go protest with them. This is the part that real gets me. Its brainwashing pure and simple. Lets see if some parents have the balls to push this.

6. 6 | February 18, 2011 8:41 am

actually, i saw some of those folks and i’m not so sure they are part of the Tea Party Movement. I guess if attendance at a Tea Party event makes them part of it, then i’m wrong. But, the LaRouchers were always way off to the side in my experience. Never any of the speakers or organizers though.

7. MikeA
    7 | February 18, 2011 8:42 am

@ Nevergiveup:

You are forgetting the rules of civil discourse:

Target democrat = evil, racist, hurtful
    Target repub = accetptable, truth to power, exercising free speech rights

8. 8 | February 18, 2011 8:43 am

MikeA wrote:

you’re right. where were the permission slips like any other “field trip”? the parents should get off their asses and do something up there. wait, not just parents, all the tax payers. just becuase i’m not a parent, doesn’t mean i don’t care what’s going on in the schools that i pay for.

9. 9 | February 18, 2011 8:47 am

@ MikeA:
    I wouldn’t go so far as kidnapping. Contributing to juvenile delinquency though would be far easier to make stick.

10. 10 | February 18, 2011 8:47 am

@ Kirly:Hello Kirly

11. 11 | February 18, 2011 8:48 am

I wish I lived in Wisconsin, I’d counter protest these leeches.

12. 12 | February 18, 2011 8:48 am

Grimcargo wrote:

@ Kirly:Hello Kirly

Good morning Grim! :-)

13. 13 | February 18, 2011 8:48 am

Kirly wrote:

Maybe not hitler posters. But sure as hell would be appropriate to have a picture of Obama and Allah.

14. Nevergiveup
    14 | February 18, 2011 8:49 am

MikeA wrote:

If those had been my kids
    A) I would have gone ballistic
    B) I would hope that my Kids would have had the good sense not to go

15. citizen_q
    15 | February 18, 2011 8:50 am

I’d be a terrible Governor. I’d state that leaving the job in such a manner, along with the civil disobedience will be taken as quitting without notice. Bring what charges I could against teachers and the union. Suspend the school year until I could restaff.

16. Nevergiveup
    16 | February 18, 2011 8:51 am

I started my usual 6:00 AM today and now have 3 patients left- one long one- and by 1:00 PM I am out of here for a three day weekend. My last Patient is a liquor salesman and he just brought me a huge supply of Vodka.

17. 17 | February 18, 2011 8:51 am

We might find the students that went there had the approval beforehand of their parents. Some of the ones interviewed showed the streak of braindeadness.

18. 18 | February 18, 2011 8:52 am

Wow the perks of one who tortures folks lol

19. Nevergiveup
    19 | February 18, 2011 8:53 am

citizen_q wrote:

yeah so would I, but they, the MSM, would brutalize him for that

20. rain of lead
    20 | February 18, 2011 8:53 am

mornin kirls
    it was fun jamming with you last nite
    (dueling youtube vids :)

21. MikeA
    21 | February 18, 2011 8:55 am

@ PaladinPhil:

OK, kidnapping might be a little extreme but I would cause a HUGE stink with the school board and be asking for disciplinary action against the teacher. I would also contact the police about any charges that could be made.

22. Nevergiveup
    22 | February 18, 2011 8:56 am

Grimcargo wrote:

Wow the perks of one who tortures folks lol

He brought me a Gallon Bottle of some generic Vodka and about 30 little sample size bottle ( good for almost 2 mixed drinks it looks ) of “Pravda” Vodka?

23. 23 | February 18, 2011 8:56 am

If I was the Wisconsin govenor, I would have my operatives pay illegals and gangbangers to beta the fuck out of these leeches. It’s time to take the gloves off with these leeches.

I have to pay for my 401K and didn’t get a raise because Healthcare premiumsrose. WHy should these so called teachers get free pensions and healthcare.

It’s time to play dirty.

24. 24 | February 18, 2011 8:56 am

we got the word yesterday that 50% of us will get 60 day lay off notices in a few weeks with the last day of employment being May 20th. the rest of us will stumble along until August when 10% or fewer will be left. lucky me. Funemployment here i come!

25. citizen_q
    25 | February 18, 2011 8:56 am

Natch!

26. MikeA
    26 | February 18, 2011 8:57 am

@ Grimcargo:

The braindead look is just from having gone to public schools… It wears off if they have good parents… ;)

( I went to NYC public schools so know a little about that… )

27. 27 | February 18, 2011 8:57 am

rain of lead wrote:

mornin kirls
    it was fun jamming with you last nite
    (dueling youtube vids

yes, it was fun! thanks for linking me to some great music!
    i left when OE came on the BTR and then i fell asleep in Table 9, as usual! haha

28. 28 | February 18, 2011 8:57 am

@ Nevergiveup:

It’s time Conservatives stop caring about the media. They are the enmy and its time to treat them as the enemy.

I say fire these leeches, bring in the National Giard or hire thugs. It’s time to teach these leeches a lesson.

29. Nevergiveup
    29 | February 18, 2011 8:58 am

Kirly wrote:

Sorry to hear that? What type of work do you do?

30. citizen_q
    30 | February 18, 2011 8:58 am

@ Kirly:
    I am sorry to hear that, good luck.

How soon before obamavilles start sprouting up?

31. Nevergiveup
    31 | February 18, 2011 8:59 am

@ Nevergiveup:

I don’t give a shit about the Media but this Gov. Walker still needs to get re-elected one day. It sucks that he has to moderate his behavior because of that, but it is what it is. Anyway since he has the votes in the Wisconsin Senate, he will prevail as long as he sticks to his guns.

32. 32 | February 18, 2011 9:02 am

@ Kirly:

It’s OK the economy is going throw a historica recovery. It’s the Obama Boom ™!

33. Nevergiveup
    33 | February 18, 2011 9:02 am

Interesting I got this from the ADA ( American Dental Association)

ADA DENTAL MANPOWER FROM THE ADA
    2/18/2011

FROM THE ADA

House Judiciary Committee Passes Medical Malpractice Reform Bill

The House Judiciary Committee last night passed H.R. 5, the Help
    Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act,
    which would reform medical malpractice laws. The American Dental
    Association an ADA-led coalition of dental organizations endorsed
    the legislation yesterday. The bill now heads to the House floor.

The legislation, introduced last month by Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Ga.),
    has 82 cosponsors. The ADA believes it would provide the right
    balance of reforms by promoting speedier resolutions to disputes
    between patients and dentists, maintaining patients’ access to
    courts if needed, provide for maximum patient recovery of damage
    awards including unlimited compensation for actual economic damages,
    while limiting non-economic damages to $250,000.

The bill still faces hurdles. While passage by the full House
    is likely, the Senate has yet to consider similar legislation.

34. 34 | February 18, 2011 9:03 am

@ Grimcargo:

Obama nd Idid Amin I think would be perfect!

35. 35 | February 18, 2011 9:03 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

Sorry to hear that? What type of work do you do?

thanks. engineer. used to be in avionics (every airbus aircraft in the sky today has something that i worked on and a few Boeings too). currently in an army communications program that is being rejected.

citizen_q wrote:

@ Kirly:
    I am sorry to hear that, good luck.
    How soon before obamavilles start sprouting up?

thanks q. i’ve been wondering that myself. i know alot of people have moved in with their parents after being enemployed long term. and some married couples in which one spouse remains employed. so, it’s transparent to the greater society at the moment. but, if things continue as they are going, then i expect tent cities will result. my parents are dead so there’s no place for me to “move home” to. if i can’t find a transfer or find a job externally, then i guess it’s severance pay, vacation pay, personal time pay, and then savings and investments and ultimately, 401k. if i were 10 years older, i might not even try to find work in my field. just retire. sell everything, buy a tiny trailer, move to someplace like Quartzsite, AZ and become Trailer Trash Barbie and work at McDonalds! :-)

36. 36 | February 18, 2011 9:04 am

@ Kirly:
    It’s OK the economy is going throw a historica recovery. It’s the Obama Boom ™!

no, no, the sound you hear is the collapse. it’s just so massive, that it sounds like a boom.

37. Nevergiveup
    37 | February 18, 2011 9:06 am

@ Kirly:
    I guess gutting defense spending doesn’t help your industry?

38. 38 | February 18, 2011 9:07 am

Taxpayers, those in the private sector that have taken huge hits on their 401K’s, have had no raises in several years, have been laid off, and have watched their own health care premiums soar thanks to the mandates of Obamacare, are getting very fed up with the public sector workers that hold the opinion that the recession shouldn’t affect them. Their petty selfishness at being asked to contribute due to budget constraints is worthy of a 2-year-old. And I agree with Mike A., and I would summarily FIRE those teachers who brought their students.

As for Charles Johnson -- well, we know his hypocrisy is part of his DNA at this point. He’s now a failed blogger, the joke of the internet. So, um, how many Brits are subscribing to you on Kindle, there, asshat?

39. rain of lead
    39 | February 18, 2011 9:08 am

here is the transcript from an interview Greta did with the WI gov
    last night

Wis. Governor to AWOL Senate Democrats: Come Home and Get Back to Work

40. citizen_q
    40 | February 18, 2011 9:10 am

Kirly wrote:

I have thought very similar. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

41. rain of lead
    41 | February 18, 2011 9:10 am

key point that’s got the union so freaked out

Plus, these people will no longer have union dues automatically deducted from their payroll. That’s a $500, $600 or more savings for each of these union employees. There’s a lot of things happening here that I don’t think all of them are aware of.

42. 42 | February 18, 2011 9:10 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Yeag Charles is OK with this becasue he really thinks that Gov. Walker is a Nazi.

43. Nevergiveup
    43 | February 18, 2011 9:11 am

@ rain of lead:
    He makes the point in that interview I think, or he did in others, that while Wisconsin is only asking to increase the amount that the Unions will pay for their health care by 8% from 4 to 12% most private Unions have their members paying anywhere from25 to 50% of their health premiums. These Public Unions are out of control

44. 44 | February 18, 2011 9:11 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

Then the martinis tonight in the ONT are on you!!

45. 45 | February 18, 2011 9:11 am

@ Kirly:
    I guess gutting defense spending doesn’t help your industry?

nope. doesn’t help the industry nor the country, imo. otoh, i have some opinions about how this program has been run for the last 6 years and i would have changed things a long time ago. i tried. i successfully managed 3 programs and have the awards and written kudos to prove it but no one would listen to me. after a couple of years of that, i gave up and just did the work they wanted no matter how stupid. I pointed out the negative repercussions of their decisions and asked them if they were sure they still wanted the same thing and they never changed their minds. so, my conscience is clean -- i did everything i possibly could and was soundly and constantly rejected.

46. Nevergiveup
    46 | February 18, 2011 9:12 am

I hear ya

47. rain of lead
  48. NoThreat2U
    48 | February 18, 2011 9:14 am

Good morning all :) TGIF. I even slept in today! Yay me! Go get ‘em Gov. Walker!

49. Nevergiveup
    49 | February 18, 2011 9:15 am

Hey I hope everyone is happy that that Muslim Brotherhood Sheik who got the heave ho out of Egypt 30 years ago is leading prayers again in Egypt? Progress? Ya gotta love it?

50. rain of lead
    50 | February 18, 2011 9:15 am

in other news

Obama Policy Czars Defunded in Spending Bill

The amendment, offered by Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.), specifically targets Obama’s “climate czar” by blocking funding for the assistant to the president for energy and climate change, the position’s official title. The amendment would block funding for the ‘czars’ through the end of the fiscal year, when the spending bill would run out. The underlying bill also includes a provision to block funding for the position.
    “I think this sends a strong signal to the president that we are tired of him running this shadow government, where they have got these czars that are literally circumventing the accountability and scrutiny that goes with Senate confirmation,” Scalise said after the vote.

51. rain of lead
    51 | February 18, 2011 9:17 am

@ rain of lead:

expect Dems to flee any day now

52. NoThreat2U
    52 | February 18, 2011 9:19 am

@ rain of lead:
    Of course. Anytime they don’t want to vote on something, they just skip across state lines. Chickens.

53. citizen_q
    53 | February 18, 2011 9:20 am

So what time is that satan’s dingleberry mo bro eeeemam supposed to begin his suplications to ba’al and rabble-rouse the unwashed masses of the oooomah in tar-pit square?

54. citizen_q
    54 | February 18, 2011 9:21 am

GMTA!

55. 55 | February 18, 2011 9:21 am

@ rain of lead:

Perhaps Wisconsin would like to take a gander to the left coast and see what happens when public sector unions REALLY get out of control. California, which used to be the mecca of the United States for business and quality of life, is now a broken, battered state, with taxpayers leaving every day. If you think Wisconsin got ugly, wait till Jerry Brown doesn’t get those tax increases that he wants so badly and finally has to make cuts in the public union benefits (public sector unions that he paved the way for). It doesn’t help the teachers’ union in California that charter and home schooling is showing a higher success rate for students (which is why they tried unsuccessfully to have home schooling outlawed and are trying to limit charter schools).

I remember when people used to say “Oh, wow, you live in California? I envy you!” twenty years ago. Now they say “Oh, wow, you live in California? Why?”

56. rain of lead
    56 | February 18, 2011 9:21 am

@ NoThreat2U:

I meant US house and Senate
    look for them to flee to mexico

57. Nevergiveup
    57 | February 18, 2011 9:21 am

citizen_q wrote:

He probably already has

58. 58 | February 18, 2011 9:22 am

citizen_q wrote:

Comment of the day right there!

59. citizen_q
    59 | February 18, 2011 9:22 am

NoThreat2U wrote:

@ rain of lead:

Somehow the Road Trip scene in Animal House comes to my mind.

60. 60 | February 18, 2011 9:23 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

Echos of Iran…circa 1978.

61. Nevergiveup
    61 | February 18, 2011 9:24 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

Nevergiveup wrote:

Echos of Iran…circa 1978.

And Obama is oblivious to the consequences

62. NoThreat2U
    62 | February 18, 2011 9:24 am

@ rain of lead:
    I can see that happening.

63. 63 | February 18, 2011 9:25 am

In case anyone missed it.

Yawn: Another Pam post

64. citizen_q
    64 | February 18, 2011 9:25 am

@ Carolina Girl:
    I saw a article linked on Drudge the other day stating the population of Chicago has fallen to 1920′s level, so they only have to look at a close by neighbor.

65. 65 | February 18, 2011 9:25 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

i left CA in 1988 and won’t even consider moving back unless there’s no choice (like can’t find a job anyplace else). people were shocked that i would leave CA. back then, the cost of living was impossible and it looked as if you saved for 20 years or more you might eventually be able to buy a home. 400 miles to the east, new homes could be had starting at about $60k and everything cost less. heck, even the car insurance was only 1/3. wish it were still like that here in AZ.

66. citizen_q
    66 | February 18, 2011 9:26 am

@ Nevergiveup:

I was hoping to hear some news.

I held back. :-)

67. 67 | February 18, 2011 9:26 am

citizen_q wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:

wow, really? so pretty soon they’ll be discussing a Detroit style consolidation.

68. MikeA
    68 | February 18, 2011 9:27 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Come on… What could possible go wrong. I am sure this time the liberls in Egypt won’t be hung on lamposts… Probably just be shot.

69. 69 | February 18, 2011 9:28 am

@ Nevergiveup:

Well, he had his “Oklahoma City” moment in Tucson last month. Now he’s facing his Iran Embassy moment. Crappy time of year to have to hide out in the Rose Garden.

70. rain of lead
    70 | February 18, 2011 9:29 am

uuuhhhh Tehran, we have a problem

Iran’s Revolutionary Guard pledges to hold fire

Iran’s Revolutionary Guard pledges to hold fire
    Senior officers in Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have written a letter to their commanding officer demanding assurances that they will not be required to open fire on anti-government demonstrators.

Iranian Revolutionary Guards want assurances that they will not be required to open fire on anti-government demonstrators Photo: AFP/GETTY By Con Coughlin 10:50PM GMT 17 Feb 2011
    14 Comments
    Following the recent violence that occurred during anti-government protests in Egypt, the officers argue that it is against the principles of Shi’ite Islamic law to use violence against their own people.

In a suggestion of a major split within the Islamic Republic’s ruling hierarchy over its handling of anti-government protests, the letter has been circulated widely throughout the ranks of the Revolutionary Guards, the body responsible for defending religious system.

The letter, a copy of which has been seen by the Daily Telegraph, is addressed to Major Gen Mohammad Ali Jafari, the Guards’ commanding officer. It calls on Major Gen Jafari to issue guidance to both the Revolutionary Guards and the Basij paramilitary militia to use restraint when handling anti-government protests.

During the violent anti-government demonstrations that followed the disputed presidential election in June 2009, which saw President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad elected to serve a second four-year term, the government relied heavily on the Basij to suppress the protests over fears that it could not rely on certain Guards units.

But in the letter, which is signed by senior officers commanding Guards units in Tehran, Qom, Isfahan and Tabriz, they urge Major Gen Jafari to “use your authority over the Basij to order them to leave their truncheons at home next time.”

71. Nevergiveup
    71 | February 18, 2011 9:30 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:

especially with Michelle planting turnups, mushrooms, and arugalla there?

72. Nevergiveup
    72 | February 18, 2011 9:31 am

@ rain of lead:
    Yeah but it was not the Revolutionary Guard who opened fire last time. It was the regimes private security.

73. 73 | February 18, 2011 9:31 am

@ Kirly:

I hear ya. Now, of course, housing prices have fallen dramatically in some places, but the Bay Area still has a high cost of living. If I weren’t upside down in my own house, I’d be out of here, and move next door to Iron Fist and the Velvet Glove.

74. rain of lead
    74 | February 18, 2011 9:33 am

still, cracks in the dam and all that

75. 75 | February 18, 2011 9:34 am

I find it interesting that Obama and Company did not support the Iranian freedom fighters after the election and demanded that Honduras reinstall their president after his removal in accordance with the law.

Couldn’t pick a winner in a one-horse race.

76. rain of lead
    77 | February 18, 2011 9:35 am

@ Carolina Girl:

hey!
    Middle Tennesse is pretty awesome too!

77. citizen_q
    78 | February 18, 2011 9:37 am

Carolina Girl wrote:
    @ Nevergiveup:

especially with Michelle planting turnups, mushrooms, and arugalla there?

Doesn’t she have 40 some odd people on her personal staff? I just don’t see her dirtying her hands.

78. Nevergiveup
    79 | February 18, 2011 9:38 am

rain of lead wrote:

still, cracks in the dam and all that

Yes, your right

79. citizen_q
    80 | February 18, 2011 9:39 am

@ Carolina Girl:

I see him supporting islam and islamic rule every time.

80. rain of lead
    81 | February 18, 2011 9:39 am

later ya’ll
    work beckons
    yea happy to have a job

81. 82 | February 18, 2011 9:42 am

@ citizen_q:
    wow! so, i hope the obamas mansion has fallen in value by 50% too. they deserve it.

citizen_q wrote:

43 iirc

citizen_q wrote:

@ Carolina Girl:
    I see him supporting islam and islamic rule every time.

and despots and dictators over the rule of law

82. 83 | February 18, 2011 9:47 am

@ rain of lead:

Love Tennessee. Any state that has the “Bristol Bowl” is worth living in!

83. 84 | February 18, 2011 9:50 am

@ Nevergiveup:

Yup their private security was composed of Hizballah, Hamas and AL-Qaeda members.

84. 85 | February 18, 2011 9:50 am

rain of lead wrote:

later ya’ll
    work beckons
    yea happy to have a job

ugh. work. i’m 6 days into an 80 hour pay period and have exceeded 70 hours. “work your asses off for the next 6 weeks and get a 60 day lay off notice” is not that motivating. except for the OT pay.

85. MikeA
    86 | February 18, 2011 9:54 am

Is that kind of like Blackwater? ;)

86. citizen_q
    87 | February 18, 2011 9:54 am

@ Kirly:

I hear ya! OTOH I’m a system administrator and do a lot of after hours and weekend work. We are salaried, no extra pay at all four our overtime and after hours work. But we need to keep track of it so they can bill the customer (Internal clients)!

87. 88 | February 18, 2011 9:56 am

@ Kirly:

It’s a shame that in today’s America we should be happy to have a job. There was time that one can look for better opportunities if you didn’t like your job. Now you have to grin and bear it.

The American dream is dying.

We are doomed ™.

88. MikeA
    89 | February 18, 2011 9:57 am

@ citizen_q:

We must work for the same type of company. Salaried but I am allowed to work all the hours I want. And when implementation occur, we get to work nights and weekends. All for the same price. One of our DBA’s did a spreadsheet showing our actual hourly wage once the extra time was factored in. Nice and depressing.

89. citizen_q
  90. citizen_q
    91 | February 18, 2011 10:00 am

@ MikeA:
    Does your company plan major deployment on holiday weekends like mine?

91. 92 | February 18, 2011 10:00 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

Yup, it is a serious mother fucker to have to try to justify the incredibly expensive public school system right after hearing sworn testimony that proves that children taught at home do 3 times better in academic testing than public school students do, and at 1/100 the cost.

93 | February 18, 2011 10:01 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

Nevergiveup wrote:

Echos of Iran…circa 1978.

And Obama is oblivious to the consequences

Barack teh Clueless. Ahmadinejad: Obama can’t even spell his own name.

94 | February 18, 2011 10:01 am

Dang! ya beat me to it

94. 95 | February 18, 2011 10:03 am

@ MikeA:

Yeah the islamic version.

95. citizen_q
    96 | February 18, 2011 10:03 am

@ huckfunn:
    :-) Np, GMTA!

96. MikeA
    97 | February 18, 2011 10:03 am

@ citizen_q:

Of course they do. Thats so we have an extra day to get the work done. Surprised they don’t have anything scheduled this weekend with President’s Day.

98 | February 18, 2011 10:04 am

O-hole futures trading down at -14 on the Rasmussen Index this morning. That’s a 5 point drop from yesterday.

98. 99 | February 18, 2011 10:04 am

It’s the New Civillity™! Fuck the cock-knocking motherfuckin’ asshole bastards with a chainsaw! My contribution to the overall civillity and hig-mindedness of the discourse. Sometimes, by God, I get carried away by my own eloquence…

8O

100 | February 18, 2011 10:04 am

Already the libs at the office have made Governor Walker Public Enemy Number 1

100. MikeA
    101 | February 18, 2011 10:04 am

That why we should be buying food and ammo by friend.

101. MikeA
    102 | February 18, 2011 10:05 am

You really need to learn to let your feelings out. Keeping them in like that could hurt. ;)

102. 103 | February 18, 2011 10:05 am

@ Kirly:
    The American dream is dying.
    We are doomed ™.

well, the absolute truth is that i would be alot happier if i didn’t have to have a job. i know, i know, who wouldn’t want to be independently wealthy?? heh.

103. citizen_q
    104 | February 18, 2011 10:06 am

Good Morning! Channeling Patton are we?

104. 105 | February 18, 2011 10:06 am

I’m voting agiant Mitch Daniels. I knew he was a lame Rockefeller Republican.

Jeb Bush likes Mitch Daniels’ 2012 prospects

I’m against Romney, Palin, Huckabee, Gingrich and now Daniels.

105. 106 | February 18, 2011 10:07 am

MikeA wrote:

@ citizen_q:

my previous employer was like that. i was actually a bit pleased that this one actually pays us salaried pukes any OT. at this point, i’m taking all i can get until they demand i stop. bastages.

106. 107 | February 18, 2011 10:09 am

@ citizen_q:

Every chance I get. Patton and Sherman are two of my favorite Generals, even if Sherman did fight for the Enemy :P

107. 108 | February 18, 2011 10:09 am

@ Kirly:

I understand that sentimnet. I’m just saying how Americans are losing the hope for a better tommorow. I’ve read history and this has happened in many nations.

108. 109 | February 18, 2011 10:11 am

@ Kirly:

i wasn’t disagreeing with you.

we’re doomed ™

109. citizen_q
    110 | February 18, 2011 10:12 am

Sounds like a plan.

111 | February 18, 2011 10:12 am

Khomeini redux.

111. MikeA
    112 | February 18, 2011 10:13 am

@ Speranza:

I expect to see this kind of fight in a lot of other states as they all hit the wall in spending. In the school district next to mine, the teachers were asked to pay $10 to $20 / month for their healthcare. They went on strike for a few days complaining. The school district I am in had the highest school taxes in my area of PA. The board was voted out and suddenly our taxes actually went down by about 15%. The year before, the school board requested a 20% increase.

For most of these states, its the “come to Jesus” moment. The spending is out of control. Its also a perfect storm of unemployment in the private sector causing people to pay attention. Hit people in their wallet and they will care.

112. 113 | February 18, 2011 10:14 am

well, i think i’ll get a nice cup of coffee and some “radiation” bread for me brekkie. :-)

i mean, if we’re doomed ™ anyway, why not?? hahha

114 | February 18, 2011 10:18 am

@ MikeA:
    I am happy that this is happening as I want to draw distinctions between conservatives and liberals. In the past decade sometimes that distinction has become blurred due to “compassionate conservatism”.

114. 115 | February 18, 2011 10:19 am

@ Kirly:

The most recent example was ARgentina. Back in the early 20th Centirurt Argentina was the US of South America. Immigrants from all over the world went there and made it. Aristotle Onasis began to make his fortune there.

Then Juan Peron was elected and did progressive reforms were enacted. Look at ARgentina today. Now people immigrate from there.

It can happen here. If I was younger in my 20′s I would be looking to move to Chile, Colombia or Australia. DOn’t be shock if in a few years you read about Americans immigrating out of here.

115. vagabond trader
    116 | February 18, 2011 10:19 am

How disturbing! Watching vids of these angry astroturf mobs reminds me of what is going on in the ME.Demanding well organized chanters. Coincidence,I think not. This is a concerted effort to subvert American citizens and our interests abroad.To stifle those who actually care about the future of our country and the children™

116. 117 | February 18, 2011 10:22 am

i won’t be shocked. hell, if i could leave for Aus right now, I would.

vagabond trader wrote:

you’re darn right it is.

117. citizen_q
    118 | February 18, 2011 10:22 am

Interesting article.

118. 119 | February 18, 2011 10:23 am

rain of lead wrote:

Walker walks the walk!
    Join Andrew Breitbart & Jim Hoft at Wisconsin Freedom Rally to Support Scott Walker Saturday

How long will the MSM and Fatass the Blogger wait before claiming that the Koch Brothers financed the counter-rally on Saturday?

119. Canoe Convoy
    120 | February 18, 2011 10:23 am

Your comment reminds me of an old classic: **** me gently with a chainsaw! Do I look like Mother Theresa ?

120. vagabond trader
    121 | February 18, 2011 10:24 am

@ Speranza:

We just found out that Malloy wants to impose a higher sales tax and many new ones on everything from clothing to haircuts. The mild mannered citizens of CT (as Malloy described us in the NYT. HA!) are not amused judging by local editorials.All to coddle protected bloated state workers and absurd entitlement programs from feeling a little pinch as the rest of the us tighten belts. Enough spending!

121. 122 | February 18, 2011 10:25 am

citizen_q wrote:

Interesting article.

yeah, i love WattsUpWithThat.com

122. Canoe Convoy
    123 | February 18, 2011 10:26 am

@ Carolina Girl:
    Already done — Ed Schultz was doing this last night on MSNBC.

123. Nevergiveup
    124 | February 18, 2011 10:26 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Speranza:

I’m glad I only come to CT. to visit

124. vagabond trader
    125 | February 18, 2011 10:26 am

Uncivil and damned proud of it. :razz:

125. taxfreekiller
    126 | February 18, 2011 10:27 am

Nice little Democrat Party Earth First Anarchist Thugs.

Last paragraph is of real interest.

“Investigators have also established a direct link from the persons of interest to an Austin-based anarchist group that was linked to a planned attack on the RNC Convention in Minneapolis in Sept. 2008″

snip them

126. 127 | February 18, 2011 10:28 am

Not to mention the incredible success of the Charter schools, especially in San Francisco. A friend of mine runs one of the best, where the students and parents both sign a contract. The proggies running the public school system have something like a 45% drop out rate.

127. taxfreekiller
    128 | February 18, 2011 10:28 am

Over on the left of what comes up under “linked” sorry@ taxfreekiller:

128. vagabond trader
    129 | February 18, 2011 10:28 am

@ Kirly:

Kirly,bset wishes for a prosperous future. I’m sure something will come along for you. To be honest, living in a nice doublewide in the Sonoran desert sounds divine to me! ;-)

129. 130 | February 18, 2011 10:28 am

@ Speranza:

That always pissed me off. The most compassionate thing you can do for an unemployed man is not lengthen the time that his unemployment pays out. It is help him find a job. The same holds true for people on welfare. Welfare has become a permanent, inheritible caste in America. That is not how it should be, and it isn’t compassionate to try and make these people more comfortable in their bondage.

130. Nevergiveup
    131 | February 18, 2011 10:30 am

Israel Supreme Court rules Hebron Jews can’t reclaim lands lost after 1948
    Court ruled in the past that the wishes of the owners should be taken into account in deciding the use of the properties, but rejected compensating owners of property from before establishment of Israel.

By Chaim Levinson
    Tags: Israel news West Bank IDF Middle East peace Israel settlements

The Jewish community in Hebron celebrated this week the decision of Education Minister Gideon Sa’ar to fund Jewish heritage trips for students to the city’s Tomb of the Patriarchs.

But last week, the community suffered a setback when the Supreme Court ruled that Jews could not be given property which belonged to them in the city before 1948, and that they are also not entitled to be given any compensation for it.

Could you ever imagine an Arab Court ( do they have secular civilian courts in Arab Countries?\) ruling against Arab interests in an Arab Country?

131. 132 | February 18, 2011 10:30 am

@ Kirly:

Look into Visas to immigrate to Australia. They have a points systems and I actually qualified and it would of taken me just 3 years to get get a visas.

With your skills, you might just have to wait a yerar of less.

For Chile my wait was 1 year. Colombia I can asap suince I have relatives in the militray down there.

Look into Australia, seriouisly.

132. 133 | February 18, 2011 10:31 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Speranza:

i swear we are living inside Atlas Shruged and these bastards have decided the evil / wrong side is the way to go.

133. 134 | February 18, 2011 10:31 am

MikeA wrote:

State/public employee unions need to pass right over “Come to Jesus” moments and go straight to “Go to Hell” moments. Go straight to Hell,
    Do not pass Go, Do not collect Taxpayer funded Pensions…

134. 135 | February 18, 2011 10:32 am

@ Speranza:

This is the goal of Progressives. read Plato’s teh Republica. That is their blueprint.

135. 136 | February 18, 2011 10:32 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Kirly:

thanks! in fact, that was my retirement plan all along! of course, it has since been downsized. but, we’ll see what tomorrow brings.

136. 137 | February 18, 2011 10:33 am

@ Nevergiveup:

Not in favor of Jews, that is for sure. I don’t know that they have non-religious courts in Mohammedan lands, though. I doubt it. There is only Shari’ia. All else is haram…

137. MikeA
    138 | February 18, 2011 10:33 am

@ Canoe Convoy:

you are forgetting the other rule of protests. Only the democrat /union ones are grass roots with no backing. The repub /tea party ones are sinister and backed by rich evil people (but not Soros, he’s rich but not evil). If you are going to play this game, you need to know the rules.

138. Nevergiveup
    139 | February 18, 2011 10:34 am

What is it about Teachers Unions that make them such selfish, self centered, irrational, and childish?

139. 140 | February 18, 2011 10:34 am

i strongly suggest you do what you must but i’m 10+ years older than you and my points don’t add up to enough due to the age.

141 | February 18, 2011 10:34 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Speranza:

I read that yesterday. I think that the voters of Connecticut are proof positive that having money does not make you smart. That guy is a real asshole. God forbid they lower taxes and spending!

142 | February 18, 2011 10:36 am

Kirly wrote:

Right now my retirement plan is to drop dead on my keboard on a Friday night and be found by the over night cleaning crew.

142. 143 | February 18, 2011 10:36 am

@ Canoe Convoy:

And more people probably read about it here than watched it on TV. It always amazes me that the MSM cannot recognize a true grassroots movement from the true astroturf of the left. What “grassroots movement” carries printed signs and has t-shirts. If I want a t-shirt, I have to buy one at tbe rally.

No one in the TEA Party has any connection to the Koch Brothers -- we pay our own way to he rallies, pay for our hotels or sleep in our cars if necessary and probably pack food for the trip and beyond. Meanshile, the SEIU and the Teachers’ Unions spent their members’ union dues on organizing, t-shirts, signs and political campaign contributions.

144 | February 18, 2011 10:37 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

The answer (I believe) is that they spend all day around children that they have taken on childish characteristics. have you ever dated a school teacher n your life? They tend to talk to you as if you are in the 3rd grade.

144. MikeA
    145 | February 18, 2011 10:37 am

If they don’t fix this now, it will be a straight to hell in a hand basket moment…

145. vagabond trader
    146 | February 18, 2011 10:38 am

@ Speranza:

That is a myth,we are not all rich.Not by a long shot. Problem is,we are not all conservative.Malloy won by a very small margin,what a shame.A functional illiterate,how appropriate.

146. Nevergiveup
    147 | February 18, 2011 10:39 am

Speranza wrote:

Never but my sister was a teacher and we didn’t see eye to eye on to much

147. citizen_q
    148 | February 18, 2011 10:39 am

BTW, anyone following Beck? He has been discussing some very un-PC views of islam and current events for the last 2 weeks. Most of it pretty good, IMHO. He did try to be “fair and balaneced”, by having on some guy last night who claims to be the mythical moderate muslim. Who claimed that hadith like the one ensconced in ham-ass’s charter ’bout the last not coming until muslims slaughter all of the Jews are inauthentic and thus not islam.

It is nice to see a so-called moderate. I have not seen enough of this guy to get a feel if his position is taqiyaa or not. Also I believe those hadith are accepted as authentic by the rest of the muslim world.

148. MikeA
    149 | February 18, 2011 10:39 am

@ Speranza:

Well yes but we played teacher and naughty student… (wait… need to stop typing the inner dialogue…)

149. Nevergiveup
    150 | February 18, 2011 10:39 am

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Speranza:

It kills me that I have to gas up in CT every month in order to get home

150. taxfreekiller
    151 | February 18, 2011 10:40 am

To see how deep the hate by the msm is of U.S. take a look at the last to paragraphs of this article.

On the Fire at the Gov. Mansion in Austin and the suspects, Austin Based Anarchist.. (who are serveing time for making and admitting getting ready to use them on the RNC convention in Minneapolis.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/State-Police-need-publics-help-in finding-Texas-Governors-Mansion-fire-suspects-116445699.html

152 | February 18, 2011 10:41 am

Kirls…there are signs up on the 17 from an internet hosting company called “HostGator”…they are hiring. They are specifically looking for people who know LINUX …but they might be needing a savvy project manager type as well.

You might have to relocate to Texas though…they are in Houston and Austin.

152. 153 | February 18, 2011 10:41 am

@ Nevergiveup:

What is scary is thaty these fuckers are the ones teaching children in public schools. Can you imagine one of these fucks as a role model for your kid? I always say, and it is true, that if I had had children, they would have never darkened the door of a public school. We’d probably be better off scrapping them, but that is not a politically achievable goal. Getting rid of the unions is the start, though, of reforming education and making it to where you would want your child to go to public school. And these “teachers’ protesting know that. That is what they are against.

153. Nevergiveup
    155 | February 18, 2011 10:42 am

Things are heating up in Bahrain. I spoke to one of our Docs in the Navy there yesterday. I told him to keep his head down.

154. vagabond trader
    156 | February 18, 2011 10:42 am

@ Nevergiveup:

He wants to raise the tax again. We are close enough to MA and RI so we try to slip over the border to buy gas. Can you imagine,MA is 10-20 cents less? Yeah,when we must buy gas local its 10 bucks at most.Heating oil is over 3.50,killing us.

155. 157 | February 18, 2011 10:43 am

@ citizen_q:

He is a Mohammedan heretic, if he really believes what he was saying. The vast majority of the Mohammedan world accepts that hadith and, indeed, supports Hamas.

156. 158 | February 18, 2011 10:44 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

Ya, a couple of my friends home schooled their kids, when it came time for their kids to take the SAT’s they smoked the state average so bad that the state tried to have their scores ruled as invalid. A lengthy court case resulted in the state being seriously embarrassed.

The state tried to argue that since many home school programs include equal treatment of creationism in their science curriculum that their science portion of their SAT’s had to be thrown out.

Turned out that the parent of these kids were smarter than the state, because none of them had used the equal treatment of creationism in their science curriculum material. Several of the parents had advanced degree’s in the hard sciences and saw that trap coming from a 100 miles out. Man was Sacramento pissed at being out maneuvered like that.

159 | February 18, 2011 10:44 am

citizen_q wrote:

Was it Dr. Zudi Jasser (sp?)

158. 160 | February 18, 2011 10:45 am

@ vagabond trader:

Come, now, you are rich! Teh Democrats say you are rich, and they know rich. Look at their leadership. Multimillionaires all of them. Billionaires, probably, after two years of Obama stimulating their bottom line…

159. NoThreat2U
    161 | February 18, 2011 10:45 am

So you are fine with just abandoning America? That’s kinda sucky IMO. Just pack up and leave. Let the bastards have it? Screw that.

160. vagabond trader
    162 | February 18, 2011 10:46 am

@ citizen_q:

I do not trust this guy, don’t care what kind of plattitudes come out of his mouth and who fawns over him. Taqiyya imho.

161. taxfreekiller
    163 | February 18, 2011 10:47 am

see my #154, these are the ones that Obama and his union thugs will use to do the dirty work, they will be a payoff and or person link but it will be hard to find and sometimes the link will be decased by the union thugs when we get close to making the case.

Current Commie Thug Democrats are now at war with U.S. and we have to understand that fast.@ Iron Fist:

162. 164 | February 18, 2011 10:48 am

It is interesting to me that they have so little faith in science that they are frightened that children will be exposed to Creationism. This in light of the fact that 80-90% of the world’s population are creationists of one stripe or another. What happened to diversity being the highest possible good?

163. Bureaucat
    165 | February 18, 2011 10:50 am

Nevergiveup wrote:

I’ve wondered about this myself. I have a K-12 certificate and a degree in Education from a major university. I chose to go on for a masters in business. For the first part of my career I worked in corporations and as a consultant. Corporate pay was great and the benefits were terrific but there was always a risk of layoffs or losing a job to bankruptcy or merger. Being a part of gen X I saw it frequently in the 90s. Then I made a shift to public service in the last decade. I quickly found out that most of the people in my state that were attracted to state jobs really were interested in serving the public. Georgia is a right to work/fire state thanks to Zell Miller. The retirement is very good but you have to put in many years at 50-60% of private industry wages. Suffice it to say state workers don’t do it to get rich.

The teachers and government employees in our state are not unionized. There is a culture here that encourages hiring layed off employees whenever there are available positions. There is some loyalty- but no lifetime positions. We lost a lot of colleagues in the recent downturn and we didn’t borrow money to keep people employed. Over the last few years we’ve had no increases in pay and we contribute more to our benefits. Most of us chose to take furloughs rather than see colleagues layed off -- especially in positions that serve the public directly. (we left managerial positions unfilled).

Even here our Teachers had modest increases and counties often pay for some of their benefits. One of my children’s teachers complained they had to take furloughs until my daughter reminded them that other state workers (like her dad) got no increases in over 3 years and still had furlough days.

I was not impressed by the whining of our teachers -- who had to sacrifice less than their other peers in government, and who still had much more security than private industry counterparts.

Even then I contrast the sacrifice of state workers here, and the general gratitude that they still have jobs with what I see in Madison and I’m appalled. The Governor should fire teachers who pretended to be sick to protest. If you take a public service job you are not there to serve yourself. Granted you won’t get rich but you also don’t have the right to garanteed employment regardless of performance.

That is what I think the problem is. Teachers don’t have any at risk compensation or employment short of criminal behavior. They have become entitled in ways no other workers are. They are also used tobeing the ultimate authority in their classroom. They really don’t have to spend much of their working day dealing like adults with other adults.

166 | February 18, 2011 10:51 am

@ The Osprey:

Was it Dr. Zudi Jasser (sp?)

Yes, it was.

165. vagabond trader
    167 | February 18, 2011 10:52 am

Civility! Real nice!

166. citizen_q
    168 | February 18, 2011 10:52 am

Agreed, if he is sincere though he needs to watch is neck.

@ The Osprey:
    Could be, I am not sure. I did catch he was doctor someone or other.

@ vagabond trader:

I am suspicious too. A few serious fatwas declaring him an apostate would be a step in the right direction credibility wise. I did not catch in the interview yesterday a claim that there were.

167. vagabond trader
    169 | February 18, 2011 10:54 am

@ citizen_q:

I’ll dig up a few interesting observations about him and post them for you when they are located. It isn’t just a “gut feeling” on my part either.

168. mfhorn
    170 | February 18, 2011 10:59 am

@ rain of lead:

Can’t argue that. As bad as my job is, it’s better than being unemployed.

169. 171 | February 18, 2011 10:59 am

Kirly wrote:

I’m not leaving. This is the land I’m born on and will die here, I have no kids and at this point probably won’t. So I am staying put.

Maybe I’ll right a book, the Decline and Fall of the United States.

I see you looked into it already. I didn’t know abot age being a factor in the point system.

170. citizen_q
    172 | February 18, 2011 10:59 am

@ vagabond trader:
    Bieber says hell no. If he’s against it, so am I.

171. Prebanned
    173 | February 18, 2011 11:01 am

@ taxfreekiller:
    The TEA Party was around in June of 08?
    LLLogic.

172. citizen_q
    174 | February 18, 2011 11:01 am

@ vagabond trader:
    Thanks!

173. 175 | February 18, 2011 11:02 am

What happened to diversity being the highest possible good?

Can you say, diversity for thee but not for me? Or it depends on what the meaning of “is” is?

174. mawskrat
    176 | February 18, 2011 11:04 am

geees…when I was a public employee I paid
    half of my pension cost and paid on health care.

I guess that’s why OPERS is 80% funded

175. 177 | February 18, 2011 11:06 am

@ taxfreekiller:

Yeah, there is no doubt that Obama’s reckless rhetoric is spawning this kind of thing. He is backing these union thugs in Wisconsin. That is a critical battle in the current Cold Civil War.

176. mawskrat
    178 | February 18, 2011 11:06 am

citizen_q wrote:

@ vagabond trader:
    Bieber says hell no. If he’s against it, so am I.

when do we march….bring your potato

179 | February 18, 2011 11:06 am

LOL!

178. 180 | February 18, 2011 11:07 am

@ NoThreat2U:

See my 171. I was discussing if I was younger.

179. 181 | February 18, 2011 11:08 am

Because, you know, National Socialists wish to decrease the size of government! /

180. 182 | February 18, 2011 11:21 am

@ NoThreat2U:

No, we are fighting. Right now, the flash-point is Wisconsin. That is where the Cold Civil War is hottest, but we are fighting it all over the country. The GOP took control of more states than it has had since Reconstruction. It has always been interesting to me that the Republicans saved the Union (the Democrats would have let the South leave peacefully), so the American people, more often than not, have voted Democrat ever since. Same with the black vote. The freed slaves voted Republican, but their Dependants are lockstep for the Party of Jefferson Davis and Nathan Bedford Forrest. Not to mention Orville Faubus and Bull Connor…

181. NoThreat2U
    183 | February 18, 2011 11:24 am

OK then..I will let it slide this time. But know this, you aint going nowhere buckoo. We are all gonna stay and fight these bastards. :) :)

182. NoThreat2U
    184 | February 18, 2011 11:25 am

Viva la Revolucion!!!! Too many people have sacrificed their lives for this country. We can’t let them down and just hand it over to the commies.

183. mawskrat
    185 | February 18, 2011 11:26 am

@ Philip_Daniel:

probably has a Tennessee Nazi flag in his garage/

184. 186 | February 18, 2011 11:27 am

@ Philip_Daniel:

Yup, The National Socilists believed in invidulaism and limited government!

187 | February 18, 2011 11:27 am

@ taxfreekiller:

The DNC and OFA are busing people in to protest in Madison.

The administration is directly backing this crap.

186. 188 | February 18, 2011 11:28 am

Your Cold Civil war theory is being vindicated everyday.

Madison is the flashpoint!

187. vagabond trader
    189 | February 18, 2011 11:29 am

@ citizen_q:

Here is an editorial editorial by him.
    Apparently Pam Geller and Robert Spencer don’t see eye to eye with him. Good enough for me until proven otherwise. Lot of protesting on the docs part methinks.

188. 190 | February 18, 2011 11:29 am

This is a typical 3rd World tactic. The regime tries to intimidate its opponents, with a popular protest.

191 | February 18, 2011 11:30 am

DNC playing role in Wisconsin protests

The Democratic National Committee’s Organizing for America arm — the remnant of the 2008 Obama campaign — is playing an active role in organizing protests against Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s attempt to strip most public employees of collective bargaining rights.

OfA, as the campaign group is known, has been criticized at times for staying out of local issues like same-sex marriage, but it’s riding to the aide of the public sector unions who hoping to persuade some Republican legislators to oppose Walker’s plan. And while Obama may have his difference with teachers unions, OfA’s engagement with the fight — and Obama’s own clear stance against Walker — mean that he’s remaining loyal to key Democratic Party allies at what is, for them, a very dangerous moment.

OfA Wisconsin’s field efforts include filling buses and building turnout for the rallies this week in Madison, organizing 15 rapid response phone banks urging supporters to call their state legislators, and working on planning and producing rallies, a Democratic Party official in Washington said.

The @OFA_WI twitter account has published 54 tweets promoting the rallies, which the group has also plugged on its blog.

“At a time when most folks are still struggling to get back on their feet, Gov. Walker has asked the state legislature to strip public employees of their collective bargaining rights. Under his plan, park rangers, teachers, and prison guards would no longer be able to fight back if the new Republican majority tries to slash their health benefits or pensions,” OfA Wisconsin State Director Dan Grandone wrote supporters in an email. “But that’s not even the most shocking part: The governor has also put the state National Guard on alert in case of ‘labor unrest.’ We can’t — and won’t — let Scott Walker’s heavy-handed tactics scare us. This Tuesday and Wednesday, February 15th and 16th, volunteers will be attending rallies at the state

190. vagabond trader
    192 | February 18, 2011 11:30 am

Yup,just like the protests in the ME. Same church different pews.

191. Prebanned
    193 | February 18, 2011 11:30 am

NoThreat2U wrote:

Does the little turtle have to fight?

194 | February 18, 2011 11:30 am

As long as the Left insists on spewing the silly-jism that “Hitler did X, So-and-so does (or wants to do) X, therefore So-and-so equals Hitler,” it is time to start pointing out that Hitler was a vegetarian, many lefties are vegetarians, therefore lefties = Hitler; Hitler talked about “lebensraum” (living room/space), lefties advocate lebensraum by seeking population reduction, therefore lefties = Hitler.

Etc.

193. chickadee
    195 | February 18, 2011 11:30 am

Does anyone know if Gov. Walker will try to get a vote today on the bill?
    Are the dems still hiding under the bed?

194. chickadee
    196 | February 18, 2011 11:32 am

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Etc.

Oh Noes. . . don’t call me Hitler because I like dogs.

195. vagabond trader
    197 | February 18, 2011 11:32 am

Usually via the unions. Uh-huh.

198 | February 18, 2011 11:32 am

DNC Expands Role In Labor Protests To Ohio, Indiana

WASHINGTON — Building on the momentum in Wisconsin, where tens of thousands of protesters have turned out to oppose Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s effort to strip collective-bargaining rights from the state’s public-employee unions, President Barack Obama’s campaign organization is mobilizing its followers in Ohio and Indiana, where similar measures are being considered.

Thousands descended upon the Ohio statehouse Thursday to protest a bill that would eliminate collective-bargaining rights for state employees and curtail the rights of local-level government employees. The debate is similar to that in Wisconsin: Supporters say it’s necessary to deal with budget problems, while opponents say it’s nothing but a vicious assault on unions.

Now folded into the Democratic National Committee, Obama’s campaign group Organizing For America is already actively engaged in Wisconsin and is beginning to ramp up organizing efforts in Ohio, though observers say the latter process is about a week behind that in Wisconsin. The group is also beginning to dig into Indiana, whose legislature is considering a bill to limit collective bargaining by teachers.

A DNC staffer told The Huffington Post that the group upped its efforts in Wisconsin after Chairman Tim Kaine spoke with local legislators last week. OFA then began organizing turnout for Thursday’s statehouse rally and running phone banks in Ohio targeting state senators, which are slated to continue next week. This weekend, organizers have set up door-to-door canvassing in key districts that they hope will likewise put pressure on swing lawmakers.

199 | February 18, 2011 11:33 am

chickadee wrote:

Does anyone know if Gov. Walker will try to get a vote today on the bill?
    Are the dems still hiding under the bed?

Supposedly, they came back this morning.

198. 200 | February 18, 2011 11:34 am

@ chickadee:

Perhaps they’re all out shopping for backbones.

199. vagabond trader
    201 | February 18, 2011 11:35 am

So this is how they intend to win in 2012? Our side is doing what to counteract? We had better get it together,this looks to be their Winning the Future strategy.

200. NoThreat2U
    202 | February 18, 2011 11:36 am

@ Prebanned:
    He may be little, but don’t underestimate him ;) He’s got a mean streak a mile wide.

201. vagabond trader
    203 | February 18, 2011 11:37 am

@ Carolina Girl:

I don’t think this has anything to do with backbone.It is an organized effort to subvert the validity of the budget proposals and block a vote on them.They are getting exactly what they want so far. No budget,no vote.

204 | February 18, 2011 11:39 am

vagabond trader wrote:

It seems to be their plan, yeah.

Anyplace we actually try to fix things, they’re going to bus in protestors.

203. vagabond trader
    205 | February 18, 2011 11:40 am

@ NoThreat2U:

Thats right,he may grow up to take top spot on that old sunning log!

204. NoThreat2U
    206 | February 18, 2011 11:40 am

Gonna go enjoy the beautiful weather for awhile. BBL

205. NoThreat2U
    207 | February 18, 2011 11:41 am

@ vagabond trader:
    Yer dern tootin’. In fact, I am gonna go take some pictures down at the river., Maybe I will find him or one of his friends? I will raise and army of turtle! Muahahahahahahahahaha

206. vagabond trader
    208 | February 18, 2011 11:41 am

So we conservatives are the ones who had better grow a backbone and get over the nice nice Queensbury rules of the fight.If we want to defeat these bastids.

207. 209 | February 18, 2011 11:42 am

I hope the Wisconsin Tea PArty can get people to turn out. I read something yesterday that summed this shit up perfectly: we on the Right have jobs that we can’t just ditch to go protest. The Left do not. All these teachers that have illegally been on strike the last few days should be fired. Every last one of them. I don’t give a rat’s ass about their tenure. Fire them all as an example to the Children™ of what happens when you ditch your responsibilities.

208. vagabond trader
    210 | February 18, 2011 11:44 am

Agreed! If it is legal,we have to show our teeth,no other way I’m afraid. War to the hilt with these rotten commies.

209. 211 | February 18, 2011 11:44 am

@ vagabond trader:

Fuck the Queensbury rules. Politics is War. War to the Knife, Knife to the Hilt. All the way. This is a Cold Civil War, but a Civil War nonetheless. We have to win. Defeat is not an option. Grind theenemy into dust. Utterly destroy them. Firing all the teachers is a start.

210. vagabond trader
    212 | February 18, 2011 11:45 am

GMTA :evil:

211. citizen_q
    213 | February 18, 2011 11:45 am

@ vagabond trader:
    Thank you. I did not see the article, bad link?

212. vagabond trader
    214 | February 18, 2011 11:45 am

@ NoThreat2U:

American ninja sun turtles! Small but mighty!

213. 215 | February 18, 2011 11:46 am

Fox is reporting that the GOP has asked the Governor to send the cops to escort the Dem leader to his job. Pity the Governor can’t just fire him. Hopefully the people of Wisconsin will take care of that the next time the motherfucker has to run for election.

214. chickadee
    216 | February 18, 2011 11:47 am

vagabond trader wrote:

I don’t think this dim strategy is going to work. Most of these people trying to parlay the unrest in the m.e. into their own successful movement are gov. workers, union goons, dead beat thugs who are trying to steal OUR money. We outnumber them. We will watch these assholes from the sidelines, see how belligerent they are, and committed they are to maintaining their grand lifestyles at our expense, as we give up more to keep them happy, and we are going to be frowning big time.
    This is old time socializing trying to get a foot hold right before our very eyes and zero is the biggest fcking commie of them all. We have to remember that most of those scrunts in the street are professional zero agitators who make the rounds and punch out disabled Black men at Tea Party rallies, carry provocative signs at our rallies to make us look bad, et.
    Let em howl. Americans are watching. With a bad taste in their mouths.

215. vagabond trader
    217 | February 18, 2011 11:50 am

Here you go,sorry,computer burp. :mrgreen:

216. citizen_q
    218 | February 18, 2011 11:53 am

@ vagabond trader:
    Kewl! Thanks!

217. vagabond trader
    219 | February 18, 2011 11:55 am

@ chickadee:

We need to hammer this home.Being passive is not an option. These fuggers are just warming up. Seriously,look at a vid of ME protests and the ones in WI. Eerily similar.

218. vagabond trader
    220 | February 18, 2011 11:55 am

Yer velcomen!

219. chickadee
    221 | February 18, 2011 12:05 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ citizen_q:

Here you go,sorry,computer burp.

Levin really likes this guy.
    hmmm. . . . .
    Interesting read.

220. chickadee
    222 | February 18, 2011 12:09 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ chickadee:

Just different clothing. Same seething bastards.

221. vagabond trader
    223 | February 18, 2011 12:20 pm

@ chickadee:

I know,we can’t be right all of the time.Even moi. ;-)

Seriously,would like to get Pam Gellers or Robert Spencers take on him.

222. texasam7
    224 | February 18, 2011 1:18 pm

@ Nevergiveup:
    Barack Obama: the 21st century reincarnation of Ethelred the Unready.

223. 225 | February 18, 2011 10:10 pm

citizen_q wrote:

@ Kirly:
    CHICAGO—A larger-than-expected exodus over the past 10 years reduced the population of Chicago to a level not seen in nearly a century.
    The U.S. Census Bureau reported Tuesday that during the decade ended in 2010, Chicago’s population fell 6.9% to 2,695,598 people, fewer than the 2.7 million reported back in 1920.

Roflcopters.

I’m one of those who left during that time, never to return.

Chicago itself: the police misconduct, the lack of parking, the outrageous expense of everything, the bad behavior on the part of everyone, the dirt and noise and filth and squalor, the crime rate, the gun laws, the gas tax, the Muslim invasion, you name it.

The metro area: the housing cost, the gun laws, the taxes, the crime rate, the Muslim invasion, the commutes well over an hour in each direction when the traffic is good, half a day when the traffic is snarled up on account of the weather… *sheesh*

The weather…well, that’s to be expected, but the rest of it, there’s no excuse for.

The only good thing about the place is that there are a fair number of Serbs and other Orthodox Christians there.

I can watch the Bears from down in SC.

Other than that, fuhgeddaboutit.

224. 226 | February 18, 2011 10:17 pm

@ Kirly:

I am personally acquainted with a fair-sized contingent who already have.

225. 227 | February 18, 2011 10:38 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by 1389, The Blogmocracy. The Blogmocracy said: #Progressives Compare Gov. Scott Walker to Hitler http://goo.gl/fb/Yf6ht #barackobama #blogwars #communism [...]

226. 228 | February 19, 2011 2:31 am