Public unions have to go

by Speranza ( 225 Comments › )
Filed under Progressives at February 22nd, 2011 - 4:30 pm

As Jonah points out – there is a difference between civil service unions and private sector unions. Civil servants have benefits that private sector workers can only dream about. In the private sector workers were exploited and often paid for their lives for management’s stinginess and vindictiveness (see the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire of 1911) which killed 146 young immigrant girls because management locked the doors so they could not sneak out of the sweat shop for a smoke or to get some fresh air.

Triangle Shirtwaist Fire,  March 25, 1911

What dangers do elementary school teachers face,  getting hit by spitballs?

by Jonah Goldberg

Public unions have been a 50-year mistake

The protesting public school teachers with fake doctor’s notes swarming the Capitol building in Madison, Wis., insist that Gov. Scott Walker is hell-bent on “union busting” in their state. Walker denies that his effort to reform public sector unions in Wisconsin is anything more than an honest attempt at balancing the state’s books.

I hope the protesters are right. Public unions have been a 50-year mistake.

A crucial distinction has been lost in the debate over Walker’s proposals: Government unions are not the same thing as private sector unions.

Traditional, private sector unions were born out of an often bloody adversarial relationship between labor and management. It’s been said that during World War I, U.S. soldiers had better odds of surviving on the front lines than miners did in West Virginia coal mines. Mine disasters were frequent; hazardous conditions were the norm. In 1907, the Monongah mine explosion claimed the lives of 362 West Virginia miners. Day-to-day life often resembled serfdom, with management controlling vast swaths of the miners’ lives. And before unionization and many New Deal-era reforms, Washington had little power to reform conditions by legislation.

Meanwhile, government unions have no such narrative on their side. Do you recall the Great DMV cave-in of 1959? How about the travails of second-grade teachers recounted in Upton Sinclair‘s famous schoolhouse sequel to “The Jungle”? No? Don’t feel bad, because no such horror stories exist.

Government workers were making good salaries in 1962 when President Kennedy lifted, by executive order (so much for democracy), the federal ban on government unions. Civil service regulations and similar laws had guaranteed good working conditions for generations.

The argument for public unionization wasn’t moral, economic or intellectual. It was rankly political.

[.....]

The unions and the protesters in Wisconsin see Walker’s reforms as a potential death knell for government unions. My response? If only.

Read the rest: Public unions must go

Rodan Update:

Gov. Walker is now withholding the paychecks of the 14 state Senate Democrats who have refused to attend the session.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) State senators who miss two or more session days will no longer get paid through direct deposit. They’ll have to pick up their checks in person on the Senate floor during a session.

The new rule is aimed at forcing the return of 14 Senate Democrats who have been hiding in Illinois since Thursday. They fled the state to stall a vote on an anti-union bill, and have threatened to stay away until Republican Gov. Scott Walker agrees to compromise.

Gov. Walker is hitting them where it hurts, in their pockets.

(Hat Tip: Mike C and RD at GCP)

Tags: ,

Comments

225 Responses to “Public unions have to go”

1. Bob in Breckenridge
    1 | February 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Here’s how to solve this:

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5JSToyiyr8

2. Nevergiveup
    2 | February 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Well I hate all Unions now a days, but yup Public Service Unions have to go

3. Bob in Breckenridge
    3 | February 22, 2011 4:40 pm

Actually, this one is better-

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ZTCPJ39LA&feature=related

4. song_and_dance_man
    4 | February 22, 2011 4:41 pm

I work in local government and have very good bennies. When I first got this job there was an attempt to unionize. Thank goodness it failed.

5. Bureaucat
    5 | February 22, 2011 4:42 pm

I’m grateful our state does not have to deal with them. I’m appalled at the behavior of these “public servants” in Wisconsin. (and yes the scare quotes are intentional)

6. Nevergiveup
    6 | February 22, 2011 4:44 pm

It looks like those Docs in Wisconsin are in deep doodoo. Good

7. 7 | February 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

It looks like those Docs in Wisconsin are in deep doodoo. Good

Yup, gonna take more than a shot of penicillin to fix what they caught.

8 | February 22, 2011 4:47 pm

Let’s send the union members to Somalia…

9. Formercorpsman
    9 | February 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Do you have any linkage?

10. Nevergiveup
    10 | February 22, 2011 4:48 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Ya know I don’t mind so much the great bennies public servants get or in the teacher’s cases the 4 months of vacation. What I resent is their attitude that, that is their G-D given right and that while everyone else is suffering they are suppose to be immune.

11. 11 | February 22, 2011 4:48 pm

Let’s send the union members to Somalia…

And the Democrats? with BBQ sauce?

12 | February 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Comparing the private sector & the public sector
    is like apples and unicorns.
    Public sector employees can get legislative protection,
    they do not need collective bargining.
    When they make outrageous demands, they are
    advocating a tax increase.

13. Nevergiveup
    13 | February 22, 2011 4:49 pm

Formercorpsman wrote:

Do you have any linkage?

Just reports on FOX TV news that every regulatory agency in Wisconsin that can is looking into what they did. Shit If i got caught doing that here in NJ, I’d lose my liscence

14 | February 22, 2011 4:50 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Let’s send the union members to Somalia…
    And the Democrats? with BBQ sauce?

I figure the easiest solution to the pirate deal is to let them be organized by SEIU.

They’ll never actually capture any more ships…

15. vagabond trader
    15 | February 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Even though my husbands former union is now infested with politically left leaning fools,they always gave back when the small city was having tough times,including extending their contract for a couple of years without a raise or a fuss.The bennies were decent,pay ok if you did enough OT,not top of the line,plenty of co-pay. Unlike the state unions,who richly deserve a Walker treatment.

16. Bob in Breckenridge
    16 | February 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Formercorpsman wrote:

Do you have any linkage?

You didn’t ask me, but here…

17. Bureaucat
    17 | February 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Its time to deploy the national guard and keep out the criminals, dealers and lowlifes that are pouring over our borders.

But enough about Democratic legislators fleeing to Illinois…

18. 18 | February 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Comparing the private sector & the public sector
    is like apples and unicorns.
    Public sector employees can get legislative protection,
    they do not need collective bargining.
    When they make outrageous demands, they are
    advocating a tax increase.

More importantly, they dont actually have to perform to keep their jobs. Public service is not a meritocracy, they can be as crappy as they want and still keep their jobs. That just isn’t fair.

19. vagabond trader
    19 | February 22, 2011 4:52 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

You just described CT state workers. If half of them disappeared tomorrow no one would notice. Lot of dead weight.

20. Nevergiveup
    20 | February 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:

Formercorpsman wrote:

Do you have any linkage?

You didn’t ask me, but here…

thanks

21. NoThreat2U
    21 | February 22, 2011 4:53 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    Hello there S&DM…haven’t seen you lately.

22. vagabond trader
    22 | February 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Lot of worker comp fraud where my hubby worked. Disgusting,we know one scrunt who built a new home on his fake injuries.

23. 23 | February 22, 2011 4:53 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Let’s send the union members to Somalia…
    And the Democrats? with BBQ sauce?
    They’ll never actually capture any more ships…

ROTFLMAO… So true… OK BBIAB, time to go fetch the munchkin…

24. 24 | February 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Boys and girls, it just doesn’t get any better than this…

Paychecks Withheld for the Wisconsin 14

I think I blew beer out my nose. Heh.

Hat tip – RD at GCP

25. Nevergiveup
    25 | February 22, 2011 4:54 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

A story as old as time

26. NoThreat2U
    26 | February 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Organizing for Somalia ™

27. vagabond trader
    27 | February 22, 2011 4:54 pm

@ Mike C.:

Yaaaaay! Hang tough Governor Walker!

28. 28 | February 22, 2011 4:55 pm

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

That’s how you do it.

29. Formercorpsman
    29 | February 22, 2011 4:55 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Without a doubt. In addition to all the clinical stuff I do, I also have gotten stuck with the disibility crap because the other staff in the office do not fill it out properly.

Anyway, being familiar with that stuff, they are knowingly defrauding the State government. That is probably the biggest no-no. Add to that, contractual obligations to other insurance companies, whether or not the fraud was perpetrated against them, a big no-no.

I would venture to say, most of the “physicians” doing this were probably institutional, simply because most physicians I know, are solidly fiscal conservatives to begin with.

They need to run this up the flagpole.

30. 30 | February 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Boys and girls, it just doesn’t get any better than this…
    Paychecks Withheld for the Wisconsin 14
    I think I blew beer out my nose. Heh.
    Hat tip – RD at GCP

W00t w00t go Gov. Walker…

31. 31 | February 22, 2011 4:55 pm

@ Mike C.:

Good!

32. Nevergiveup
    32 | February 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Boys and girls, it just doesn’t get any better than this…

Paychecks Withheld for the Wisconsin 14

I think I blew beer out my nose. Heh.

Hat tip – RD at GCP

What about the teachers that didn’t show /aren’t showing for work?

33. 33 | February 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

Mike C. wrote:
    Boys and girls, it just doesn’t get any better than this…
    Paychecks Withheld for the Wisconsin 14
    I think I blew beer out my nose. Heh.
    Hat tip – RD at GCP

What about the teachers that didn’t show /aren’t showing for work?

Hopefully they all find themselves unemployed…

34. Bureaucat
    34 | February 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

It is a real pain in the butt when I try to tell people our state employees are good people who work hard. (Some of them for very small salaries and in difficult jobs). People see the pampered and spoiled pets in Wisconsin and assume all government employees are like what they see there.

Even in our state the teachers get treated better than others with similar education and tenure. While the rest of us went without raises and took furloughs our teachers were getting increases. WHen they were asked to take three furlough days they whined like babies pulled from a breast. (DFCS and Child Support voted to take 12 furlough days to save the jobs of their colleagues).

35. vagabond trader
    35 | February 22, 2011 4:57 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Oh firefighters are world class at it,especially one particular female who could not be disciplined for fear of a lawsuit,which she filed and won just for pocket change.

36. Bob in Breckenridge
    36 | February 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

Bob in Breckenridge wrote:
    Formercorpsman wrote:
    Do you have any linkage?
    You didn’t ask me, but here…

thanks

No problem, I was just reading the article about 10 minutes ago.

37 | February 22, 2011 4:58 pm

@ Formercorpsman:

From what I heard, they mostly seem to be from some university hospital.

38. Formercorpsman
    38 | February 22, 2011 4:59 pm

There you go.

39. 39 | February 22, 2011 4:59 pm

What dangers do elementary school teachers face, getting hit by spitballs?

Getting caught fucking 13 year old boys. That goes for both the male and female teachers. A kid of mine would never darken the door of a public school. They may not all be failures, but they are close enough to it for me not to take the luck of the draw.

40. Nevergiveup
    40 | February 22, 2011 5:00 pm

@ Formercorpsman:

From what I heard, they mostly seem to be from some university hospital.

Probably, I mean real working Docs, well gotta work and would not have time to hang out and waste time like that.

41 | February 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Right.

42. vagabond trader
    42 | February 22, 2011 5:02 pm

You know,speaking of public workers,we’ve had a he11uva winter and many towns have overrun their snow removal budget. Funny how our dinky little redneck town all the snots make fun of is in fine fiscal shape and the roads are always fine.

43. Bob in Breckenridge
    43 | February 22, 2011 5:02 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Nevergiveup:

I remember when the Phoenix FD was sued because the vast majority of female firefighter applicants could not pass the strength test, which involved carrying fire hoses up a few flights of stairs, so they had to lower the standards for women. Political correctness run Amok if you axe me.

44. Nevergiveup
    44 | February 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Well Beck is going off on the Unions and the Dnc/Obama for what’s going on.

45 | February 22, 2011 5:03 pm

From what I heard, they mostly seem to be from some university hospital.

A report that I heard this morning said the
    University of Wisconsin Medical Center at
    Madison, which would figure.

46. vagabond trader
    46 | February 22, 2011 5:05 pm

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

Yeah ours went through that with women and minorities.Equal but seperate qualifications.That one woman got a free ride for 20 years.

47. snowcrash
    47 | February 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Same state payroll and benefits plan as the teachers, probably.

48 | February 22, 2011 5:08 pm

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

I’m glad the Army and Marines have successfully resisted crap like that, at least so far.

There are some jobs that women are simply not strong enough to do, and they need to quit pretending otherwise. Maybe one woman in 1,000 is capable of dragging an injured crew member out of a tank, or carrying 155mm artillery shells.

49. Nevergiveup
    49 | February 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Michael Izbicki, a US Naval officer on active duty at the Groton naval base has applied for the release of his duties on religious grounds as a conscientious objector. He has been twice refused, however, this third time a lawsuit filed on his behalf by the ACLU-CT has help him win his release. Izbicki, whose Christian convictions preclude his participation in war, is currently living at the Saint Francis House in New London. A Naval Academy graduate in May of 2008. “Id like to take what I learned in the navy and help make the world a better place, through peaceful means,” he says of his future plans. (Richard Messina, Hartford Courant / February 22, 2011

Unfuckenbelievable????

50. NoThreat2U
    50 | February 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Union Behind Wisconsin Protests Spent $87.5 Million on Dem Candidates in 2010 Midterm Elections, Largest Outside Spender…

51. NoThreat2U
    51 | February 22, 2011 5:10 pm

Please pardon my link at #50. I am having a crisis.

52. 52 | February 22, 2011 5:10 pm

@ Bob in Breckenridge:

Come on, that is just like women in combat. Both the enemy in combat and fire itself will accomodate the female who isn’t physically capable of doing what her male collegues can… :roll:

(For women in combat, that can be a death sentance, but the PC gods don’t care about that. The more women that die in combat, the happier they are. The theory is that American will be less willing to see women come home in body bags, so they won’t fight wars with women on the front lines. And you ladies thought it was about equality? After Clinton you still believe that pickup line?)

53 | February 22, 2011 5:12 pm

snowcrash wrote:

Same state payroll and benefits plan as the teachers, probably.

That would be my guess.

54 | February 22, 2011 5:13 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Please pardon my link at #50. I am having a crisis.

I cleaned it up for you.

55 | February 22, 2011 5:13 pm

From the lead:
    What dangers do elementary school teachers face, getting hit by spitballs?

Well, possible beatings, and knife and gunshot wounds, not only from the ever-younger violent students, but from feral parents annoyed that little Buffy or Tiffany or Shaniqua have been left back.

Part of this is because teachers have no ability to punish any more, so they are sitting ducks for any student retaliation whether physical or procedural. Part of this is because parents have abdicated their responsibilities and hold the teacher responsible for doing what parents should do without giving them the necessary power or backup.

56. vagabond trader
    56 | February 22, 2011 5:13 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Gee,sounds like a perfect choice as an an aide to Mullens or maybe instruct on sensitivity issues.

57. 57 | February 22, 2011 5:14 pm

I know at least two of those “1 in a 1000″ women from my college days. I would never be anything but very polite to them even if I was armed, because they could disassemble me without breaking a sweat.

58. NoThreat2U
    58 | February 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Thank you kindly. :)

59 | February 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Uh huh, but he accepted the fine education at
    the Naval Academy. But now he has qualms?

60. Nevergiveup
    60 | February 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Uh huh, but he accepted the fine education at
    the Naval Academy. But now he has qualms?

He will have to pay that back. Wait till he sees the bill. I bet he chokes on it

61. Nevergiveup
    61 | February 22, 2011 5:16 pm

Paralyzed Marine paired with service dog
    Golden retriever has thousands of Facebook friends through Milk-Bone ad campaign that chronicled his training

Nice story

62. Bureaucat
    62 | February 22, 2011 5:16 pm

@ Nevergiveup:
    1) He doesn’t understand the Bible or missed several chapters in it if he thinks it justifies objection to war.
    2) He was billeted and got his education paid for by the Naval Academy. He needs to pay back more than his tuition.

In an all volunteer service there is no excuse for being a conscientious objector.

63. 63 | February 22, 2011 5:16 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

The Sisters of the Sacred Heart at St.Thomas Moore operated under slightly different ROEs – and I still have the scars to prove it.

64 | February 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

…or readjusts his conscience?

65. 65 | February 22, 2011 5:18 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Please pardon my link at #50. I am having a crisis.

ROTFLMAO… Having are crisis or are a crisis? :razz:

66 | February 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Mike C. wrote:

No doubt. But forty years plus of PC has left the public school teacher in clay-pigeon status.

Of course, given the power the unions have over the school system, I suspect that there is some way in which this serves the teachers—because they certainly have the power to alter it.

67. NoThreat2U
    67 | February 22, 2011 5:20 pm

I have been having spontaneous nosebleeds lately. Losing a ton of blood each time. Trying to eat something now because I can’t really see straight. Sitting here talkin to yinz to avoid going horizontal. So that would count as having a crisis :)

68 | February 22, 2011 5:21 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

I would guess that, that bill would choke a horse.

69. 69 | February 22, 2011 5:21 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Those who can’t do, teach. You know, it occurred to me that they would likely never hire someone for Football coach who had never played the game, say someone in a wheelchair all of their life. No one would raise eyebrows at that, but they will hire math teachers who didn’t major in math, who have, in fct minimal education in math at all. That is analogous, as the man in the wheelchair (or woman) may know the plays or some of the plays, but has never done it. Just a thought.

70. 70 | February 22, 2011 5:21 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

From the lead:
    What dangers do elementary school teachers face, getting hit by spitballs?

The solution to that is simple, return corporal capital punishment to school officials… :twisted:

71 | February 22, 2011 5:21 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

I have been having spontaneous nosebleeds lately.

As long as you’re being spontaneous…

72. Bureaucat
    72 | February 22, 2011 5:22 pm

I’ve taught in public schools. I’ve also spent 20+ years leading boy scouts with fire, knives and no ritalin.

Outside of combat areas (inner city gangs) most teachers are not under any threat from students. They are professionals like any other white collar job and they can deal with the marketplace like any other employee.

73 | February 22, 2011 5:22 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Why don’t you get to an emergency room?

74. song_and_dance_man
    74 | February 22, 2011 5:22 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Been doing other things. Learning new software.

Dorian I upgraded to the latest Sonar. The one I had been using had problems and they pulled it off the market and quit making patches. At least they gave me a good discount for the upgrade and the trouble.

75 | February 22, 2011 5:23 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

Well I hate all Unions now a days, but yup Public Service Unions have to go

I hated the Soviet Union the most.

76. 76 | February 22, 2011 5:23 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Pretty much counts as being a crisis as well… :razz: <—-passes NT2U a tampon for her nose… :twisted: :oops:

77. 77 | February 22, 2011 5:25 pm

song_and_dance_man wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:
    Been doing other things. Learning new software.

So, ya got anything to show us yet?

78 | February 22, 2011 5:25 pm

vagabond trader wrote:

@ Mike C.:
    Yaaaaay! Hang tough Governor Walker!

If Walker hangs tough and wins this,then I think the equation for nominees might change for 2012.

79. Bureaucat
    79 | February 22, 2011 5:25 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Pretty much counts as being a crisis as well… <—-passes NT2U a tampon for her nose…

That makes more sense than what I was thinking. (Hot soldering iron to the offending blood vessels).

Don’t try this at home. It was a passing crazy thought.

80. 80 | February 22, 2011 5:26 pm

@ Speranza:

I dunno man, I think the Teachers’ Union has done more damage to America. Jus’ sayin’…

81 | February 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Bureaucat wrote:

I’m sure that’s raaaaaaaaaaacist, somehow. If I were all proggified, I could tell you how.

82. NoThreat2U
    82 | February 22, 2011 5:26 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Yeah when the mood strikes I just poor blood from my nose. lol

It passes. Eventually. Too groggy to drive up there anyway. I will just eat something with iron in it. That makes me feel a little better.

I sure hope I don’t trip over the string hanging out of my nose. lol lol

83 | February 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Bureaucat wrote:

I have subtaught on and off for over 20 years and at least 1/3rd of the teachers I met could not stand their students,the other third were counting the days until retirement and the other third were dedicated professionals.

84. song_and_dance_man
    84 | February 22, 2011 5:27 pm

Not yet. It’s been on and off since I started doing this again, and going slower than expected.

bbl. I have to cook and all that.

85 | February 22, 2011 5:27 pm

@ Speranza:

Most of them all they care about is more time off, more money, and higher pensions.

86 | February 22, 2011 5:29 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

If that works, just be careful.

87. NoThreat2U

89 | February 22, 2011 5:30 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Jest call me cracker!

90. 90 | February 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Bureaucat wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    Don’t try this at home. It was a passing crazy thought.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CByDaEcs5yo

91. NoThreat2U
    91 | February 22, 2011 5:30 pm

I’ll live. I try to ignore it because it freaks my daughter out when it happens.

92 | February 22, 2011 5:30 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Heh most of them are liberals and they can just blame it all on “society”.

93 | February 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Someone just told me to snort iron shavings. lol lol

Or, stuff your nostrils with steel wool…
    ///

94 | February 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Speranza wrote:

Heh most of them are liberals and they can just blame it all on “society”.

I blame it on the bossa nova, and its magic spell. And Bush, naturally.

95. 95 | February 22, 2011 5:32 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Someone just told me to snort iron shavings. lol lol
    Or, stuff your nostrils with steel wool…
    ///

And dont forget to upload the video to youtube… :twisted:

96. Bureaucat
    96 | February 22, 2011 5:32 pm

@ Bureaucat:
    Someone just told me to snort iron shavings. lol lol

Seriously get some water in your system too. A hamburger cooked in an iron skillet may be just what the doctor ordered.

If you don’t stop please do get some medical attention. My Dad eventually had to get his cauterized by a ENT specialist.

97. Aussie Infidel
    97 | February 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Update on the Christchurch quake.

Specialist rescue teams have been working through the night extracting survivors. The Aussies have arrived last night from New South Wales and a Queensland specialist Rescue team is due at lunchtime. So far 75 confirmed dead and now 300 unaccounted for. Over 130 have so far been found alive and have been rescued. 5 minutes ago the NZ Fire Service found 15 survivors buried in a pocket of a pancaked highrise office block. They have put out most of the fires but have had to be careful lest survivors drown in pooling water from firehoses. At the moment there are 8 specialist quake rescue teams working 24/7.

Two great stories. The large group of tourists thought to have been inside the Christchurch Cathedral spire when it fell are confirmed safe. Only two dead in the spire collapse and they were a couple who stayed behind to take photos after the rest of their party had left.

Specialist rescue teams from Japan have been promised and a team from Taiwan are due to land in Christchurch this afternoon. Though Port Lyttleton was completely destroyed there miraculously have been no deaths. It appears that the current death toll will rise as over 300 are now listed as missing, however the search and rescue teams are finding survivors and they have the expertise and equipment available to extract them.

In a parallel story a group of tourists had just returned from visiting the walls of ice at the base of the Tasman glacier. 3 million tons of ice fell into the glacial lake due to the earthquake and the boat the tourists were on found that they were surfing a 10 foot wave. Fortunately the skipper of the boat was good enough to keep the craft straight and the tourists had a very fast trip back to what was left of the jetty at the end of the lake. None the worse for wear but with some pretty tall stories about surfing off a glacier icefall.

98. 98 | February 22, 2011 5:33 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Speranza wrote:
    Heh most of them are liberals and they can just blame it all on “society”.
    I blame it on the bossa nova, and its magic spell. And Bush, naturally.

I blame the bossa nova, and its magic spell on Bush, cause ya just know he’s responsible… :shock:

99 | February 22, 2011 5:33 pm

@ Aussie Infidel:
    and where is Helen Clark? Oh yeah that’s right – she works for the U.N. now.

100 | February 22, 2011 5:34 pm

Throw in the neocons, Halliburton, Cheney, Ron Paul and the tea party and you’ve got all bases covered.

101. 101 | February 22, 2011 5:35 pm

Aussie Infidel wrote:

Now that is going to be one hell of a vacation story to beat…

102 | February 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Speranza wrote:

Throw in the neocons, Halliburton,Cheney, Ron Paul and the tea party and you’ve got all bases covered.

Don’t forget Glenn Beck, and the governor of Wisconsin…

103 | February 22, 2011 5:36 pm

If Walker does beat the union here the dominos
    will fall, Ohio, Indiana, etc, etc.
    The Union leaders know this & that is why
    they are hysterical. The only growth for unions
    is in the public sector.

104. Prebanned
    104 | February 22, 2011 5:36 pm

I sure hope I don’t trip over the string hanging out of my nose. lol lol

Only two lol’s?
    You’re awesome.

105. NoThreat2U
    105 | February 22, 2011 5:36 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Yeeeeoooowwwwww!!

Of course, just for your entertainment only. lol

@ Bureaucat:
    I will keep monitoring it. Start keeping track of when it happens. Sometimes it happens when I am regurgitating. lol That’s always fun to watch. lol

106. 106 | February 22, 2011 5:37 pm

New DOD.

Chuck accuses Bachmann of having no class

107. 107 | February 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Iron ? Eat spinach. Or a real ME-style taboulli, which is mostly parsley. Both very high in iron. Good stuff, and tasty.

Oh, and have a steak on the side.

108. 108 | February 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Speranza wrote:

Throw in the neocons, Halliburton, Cheney, Ron Paul, and the tea party and you’ve got all bases covered.

And if we can work the bilderbergs and the illuminaughty in…..

109. NoThreat2U
    109 | February 22, 2011 5:38 pm

@ Prebanned:
    I’m hardcore like that. Now I am just feeling silly. Excuse anything I may post. I am not responsible for my behavior. lol

110. 110 | February 22, 2011 5:39 pm

If Walker does beat the union here the dominos
    will fall, Ohio, Indiana, etc, etc.
    The Union leaders know this & that is why
    they are hysterical. The only growth for unions
    is in the public sector.

Somebody put the “Ding dong the witch is dead” music in the cue just in case… “twisted:

111 | February 22, 2011 5:39 pm

New DOD.
    Chuck accuses Bachmann of having no class

Coming for that fat, cheetos eating, slob – that is funny.

112 | February 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Just be careful.

113. 113 | February 22, 2011 5:39 pm

@ Prebanned:
    @ Speranza:

The Unions are now protesting outside Fox News.

114. NoThreat2U
    114 | February 22, 2011 5:39 pm

@ Mike C.:
    Having spinach salad. That should make me feel normal. Or as normal as I can be.

115. 115 | February 22, 2011 5:39 pm

@ Prebanned:

ROTFLMAO… yea, so what else is new… :razz:

116. snowcrash
    116 | February 22, 2011 5:40 pm

@ Nevergiveup:
    He should be reassigned to a non combat role, like hospital work or Chaplaincy. Was he always a Quaker?

117. Prebanned
    117 | February 22, 2011 5:40 pm

@ Prebanned:

Sweet, where is Grimcargo? We will get you fixed up. :-)

118 | February 22, 2011 5:40 pm

The Unions are now protesting outside Fox News.

Why, they want to meet Julie Banderas? She is taken.

119. NoThreat2U
    119 | February 22, 2011 5:41 pm

I will be careful. :)

120. Prebanned
    120 | February 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Ahh, we have got them in one place.

121. 121 | February 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Speranza wrote:

New DOD.
    Chuck accuses Bachmann of having no class

Coming for that fat, cheetos eating, slob – that is funny.

Somebody needs to go to Urban dictionary and add a new entry for Irony… Charles Johnson accusing anyone of having no class…

122 | February 22, 2011 5:41 pm

If the unions lose, that pretty much is a DefCon 1
    disaster for them.

123. 123 | February 22, 2011 5:42 pm

snowcrash wrote:

Was he always a Quaker?

No, he only started quaking in his boot’s when he learned even Naval officers sometimes get killed in wars.

124. Bureaucat
    124 | February 22, 2011 5:43 pm

@ Prebanned:

We will know you passed out and dropped the turtle on the keyboard if we see.

H……………………E……………………L………………P

125. Philip_Daniel
    125 | February 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Guess who said the following…

We are socialists, we are enemies of today’s capitalistic economic system for the exploitation of the economically weak, with its unfair salaries, with its unseemly evaluation of a human being according to wealth and property instead of responsibility and performance, and we are all determined to destroy this system under all conditions.

126. NoThreat2U
    126 | February 22, 2011 5:43 pm

Hey I usually take responsibility for any stupid shit I post. lol lol lol

@ Prebanned:
    He’d probably faint at the sight of blood.

127 | February 22, 2011 5:43 pm

They hate it when someone shines a light on them.

Sort of like roaches…

//No offense to any actual roaches reading this…

128. Bureaucat
    128 | February 22, 2011 5:44 pm

The Unions are now protesting outside Fox News.

Do these people have real jobs?!

129. 129 | February 22, 2011 5:44 pm

If the unions lose, that pretty much is a DefCon 1
    disaster for them.

If the teachers unions loose it’s pretty much the death kneel of the American Marxist attempted coup…

130 | February 22, 2011 5:45 pm

snowcrash wrote:

He’s not a Buddhist? It would be appropriate, since he could contemplate his naval…

131. NoThreat2U
    131 | February 22, 2011 5:46 pm

@ Bureaucat:
    And you hear the *clunk* from my head hitting the desk. lol I am starting to feel a tad better now. Just had to wait for it to pass.

132. 132 | February 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Bureaucat wrote:

The Unions are now protesting outside Fox News.
    Do these people have real jobs?!

No, they are public school teachers, if they had real jobs the democrats would be an extinct party.

133. Bureaucat
    133 | February 22, 2011 5:46 pm

The Unions are now protesting outside Fox News.

What is the hourly wage scale for slut shaming?

134. snowcrash
    134 | February 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Yeah, went back and read it all. He was a Baptist first. He needs to repay that tuition. he can get his new Friends to help.

135 | February 22, 2011 5:48 pm

If the Union bosses can’t deliver all of that public
    sctor money to the Dems, very tough to run a campaign.

136. 136 | February 22, 2011 5:48 pm

@ Bureaucat:

I feel for you babe, I’ve had a cold for the last two weeks that is threatening to kill me, it is just kicking my ass seven ways from sunday, hell I cant even hear out of my right ear because of the sinus congestion. I’ve been reduced to posting between naps… :oops:

137. NoThreat2U
    137 | February 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Texas GOP State Rep. Proposes Bill Allowing Law Enforcement to Dump Illegals at Offices of U.S. Senators or Congressmen…

@wz

138. 138 | February 22, 2011 5:50 pm

If the Union bosses can’t deliver all of that public
    sctor money to the Dems, very tough to run a campaign.

Damned difficult to indoctrinate kids into Marxism when you dont control the curriculum anymore either.

139. 139 | February 22, 2011 5:51 pm

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    @wz

Now that is just plain funny, pure Texas humor at it’s best…

140 | February 22, 2011 5:53 pm

Coal miners need a union, government workers do not.

141. snowcrash
    141 | February 22, 2011 5:53 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    A record of who refuses to turn them over to ICE or who takes responsibility for returning them to the streets would be quite beneficial at election time.

142. Eliana
    142 | February 22, 2011 5:53 pm

@ Mike C.:

Paychecks Withheld for the Wisconsin 14

Awesome!

143 | February 22, 2011 5:54 pm

@ Bureaucat:

Whats going on?

144. snowcrash
    144 | February 22, 2011 5:55 pm

@ Speranza:
    Can’t safety issues be covered by OSHA, if that is a concern?

145. citizen_q
    145 | February 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Howdy everyone!
    This is a bit of a driveby post.

Idiot builder trenched through my cable TV/internet cable yesterday. No internet, no tv, no phone. I am posting from my cell phone.

I might get things resolved tomorrow if i am lucky.

Nothing much has been happening the last couple of days, so I’m not missing much am I?

146. NoThreat2U
    146 | February 22, 2011 5:56 pm

I have never had a bloody nose in my life until recently. No wonder I am cold all the time…I got thin blood and low blood pressure. lol lol

I’d like to see it actually happen. That would be hilarious.

147. Buckeye Abroad
    147 | February 22, 2011 5:57 pm

#67 Nothreat2u

You need to get yourself to a doctor.

148. 148 | February 22, 2011 5:57 pm

citizen_q wrote:

Howdy everyone!
    This is a bit of a driveby post.
    I might get things resolved tomorrow if i am lucky.

Nope, the world ended 21 minutes ago, were just sorting through the rubble trying to find some alcohol to celebrate the end of all our worries… :oops:

149 | February 22, 2011 5:58 pm

citizen_q wrote:

World Ends: Women, Minorities Hardest Hit!

150 | February 22, 2011 6:00 pm

snowcrash wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Can’t safety issues be covered by OSHA, if that is a concern?

It should be.

151. NoThreat2U
    151 | February 22, 2011 6:00 pm

@ snowcrash:
    Sometimes you gotta change your strategy I guess. They want them to be so welcome there, let them live with them.

@ Speranza:
    Feeling funky from a bad nosebleed. It is passing now :)

152. NoThreat2U
    152 | February 22, 2011 6:02 pm

@ Buckeye Abroad:
    Not quite sure I wanna know what he may have to say. He may see all the spontaneous bruises on my too and give me some bad news. I will be fine. Thank you for your concern :)

153 | February 22, 2011 6:03 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Glad to hear it is passing.

154. Prebanned
    154 | February 22, 2011 6:04 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Yeah, a sudden change like that needs to get looked at by a doctor.
    GO TO A DOCTOR!
    Hows that for a sternly worded message?

155. NoThreat2U
    155 | February 22, 2011 6:05 pm

@ Prebanned:
    Always had the thin blood and low blood pressure. The nosebleeds are something new, as are the bruises. Very stern indeed ;)

156. Prebanned
    156 | February 22, 2011 6:06 pm

I gotta roll, da bat phone ringed.

157. 157 | February 22, 2011 6:08 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

He may see all the spontaneous bruises on my too

Oh dear… :shock:

158. NoThreat2U
    158 | February 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Rollin’ rollin’ rollin’…….

159. Nevergiveup
    159 | February 22, 2011 6:10 pm

citizen_q wrote:

You won the million dollar blogmocracy lottery. But you weren’t here to claim it so we gave it to the ACLU?

160. 160 | February 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Rollin’ rollin’ rollin’…….

I’m not sure what you “too” is, but bruises on it cant be good… :oops:

161. citizen_q
    161 | February 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Lol!

Btw, blogging on a phone is sub-optimal.

162. 162 | February 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Philip Daniel, who wrote that?

163. 163 | February 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

Guess who said the following…

Nancy Pelosi?

164. NoThreat2U
    164 | February 22, 2011 6:11 pm

That’s why it is freaking my daughter out. Kinda weird waking up everyday with a different spot black and blue. Oh well, it’ll work itself out. I am not concerned.

165 | February 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Lawrence O’Donnell?

166. 166 | February 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:
    Guess who said the following…
    Nancy Pelosie?

I was going to say Van Jones…

167. 167 | February 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Eliana wrote:

@ Mike C.:
    Paychecks Withheld for the Wisconsin 14
    Awesome!

Ain’t it just, though? It doesn’t affect spending, only collection of moneys, so it only requires a simple majority. Heh.

168. 168 | February 22, 2011 6:13 pm

doriangrey wrote:

HITLER!

169. Nevergiveup
    169 | February 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Highest Gas Prices in February Since 1990, Attributed to Libya Turmoil

What ain’t ya going to give Obama credit for this?

170. 170 | February 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    @wz

I’m with that. Also dump them at the house of people who hire them.

171. Nevergiveup
    171 | February 22, 2011 6:16 pm

Arab League suspends Libya; minister defects
    In response to fiery speech in which Gaddafi vowed to cling to power, US says will take ‘ appropriate steps’; Al-Jazeera says Libyan interior minister announced his support for ‘February 17 revolution’; official news agency says ‘brother leader told Berlusconi Libya is fine’

The same Arab league that never suspended Iran or Iraq?

172. Aussie Infidel
    172 | February 22, 2011 6:16 pm

From the Christchurch quake.

The Aussies from Queensland have arrived. That makes 10 SAR teams now active. Apparently there a USAR team in Christchurch as well from Operation Deepfreeze at Christchurch airport. All of the Deepfreeze support c-130s and c-171 s have been made available to NZ for hauling casualties north to Auckland for specialist treatment in a specialist spinal unit. at least 14 spinal cases have already been dispatched to Auckland on a Royal NZ Air Force c-130. 30 more NZ army medics have just arrived as well as 30 more army engineers with all of their kit. Medical teams from Christchurch A&E and army Medics are carrying out field amputations so that rescue teams can extract survivors from crushed buildings.

The Canterbury Television building that pancaked has at least 15 survivors trapped in an air pocket. Rescue teams from NZ and an Aussie crew from the New South Wales Fire Brigade specialist SAR team are trying to dig them out without collapsing what is left of the structure. The lift well is still on fire but the fire brigade is using minimal water so that the survivors are not drowned.

We are still a long way before we are out of the woods here.

173 | February 22, 2011 6:17 pm

@ Mike C.:
    Now they’re on Soros’ payroll

174. Nevergiveup
    174 | February 22, 2011 6:17 pm

@ Aussie Infidel:
    Keep us updated. Is the US sending anything?

175. 175 | February 22, 2011 6:18 pm

What dangers do elementary school teachers face, getting hit by spitballs?

Well, back in the 50s maybe. Nowadays they have to worry about assaults. High school teachers face rape and murder. Nevertheless even police officers shouldn’t have collective bargaining, politicians just can’t be trusted not to sell out future generations for votes in the next election cycle.

176. NoThreat2U
    176 | February 22, 2011 6:18 pm

@ Nevergiveup:
    Well according to Castro, we are planning on invading Libya for their oil…kinda like we do all over the middle east. Didn’t you wonder why gas is free at the pump??

Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro says the US has no interest in seeing peace in Libya but is solely concerned with the country’s oil reserves.

Washington will not hesitate to order a Nato invasion of the oil-rich North African country, in “a matter of hours or a few days”.

177. 177 | February 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

Highest Gas Prices in February Since 1990, Attributed to Libya Turmoil

What ain’t ya going to give Obama credit for this?

They haven’t held him responsible for any thing else he has done so why start now? Cant we take the torches and pitchforks to the Fifth Column Treasonous Media yet?

178. NoThreat2U
    178 | February 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Why not? They could always use a second gardener or nanny.

179. 179 | February 22, 2011 6:21 pm

I can understand Unions for Coal Miners, Steel workers and industries where people can be at risk. Unions for Government workers? That’s ridiculous, I have no sympathy for these leeches.

180. Nevergiveup
    180 | February 22, 2011 6:23 pm

The Canadian family of a 13-month-old boy teetering on life support has defied a court order to remove the boy’s breathing tube and now are looking to an American hospital for what experts say would be a miracle recovery

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/22/canadian-family-fights-babys-beathing-tube-place/#ixzz1EjVmUnGv

This is what’s coming down the pike of Obamacare isn’t killed here

181 | February 22, 2011 6:25 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

He’s actually not wrong about that part. If Libya didn’t have oil, nobody in the US would give much of a damn about them.

Washington’s been dead for a couple hundred years…

182. 182 | February 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Rancher wrote:

What dangers do elementary school teachers face, getting hit by spitballs?

Should the military have collection bargaining? Would the liberals go for that? Probably. They will support anything that makes our country and society weaker and lee free.

183. Aussie Infidel
    183 | February 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

@ Aussie Infidel:
    Keep us updated. Is the US sending anything?

Will do.

The Operation Deepfreeze based at Christchurch for the past 40 years has C-130s and C-171s available for heavy lifting if required. There was also a USAR team from the base made available immediately. The US has offered specialist Search and Rescue teams and that offer has been accepted. The critical thing now is that the rescue clock is running. It’s almost 24 hours since the quake and we need teams on the ground within the next 24 hours.

The Aussies are here already, The Taiwanese SAR teams are in the air as we speak and there has been offers of help from the UK, (from the Royal Navy ship docked at Lyttleton port as well as SAR teams) No idea how long before the Brits show up yet. Japan (a Japanese / English language school was located in the Canterbury TV building that pancaked) has offered a specialist quake SAR team, , and teams offered from Thailand

184 | February 22, 2011 6:29 pm

@ father_of_10:

The Dutch military does.

It hasn’t kept them from being a major military power.

Oh, wait…

185. 185 | February 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Bureaucat wrote:

The Unions are now protesting outside Fox News.
    Do these people have real jobs?!

They have doctors that will give them excuses to miss work due to the stress created by the Republicans. Doctors that may be in trouble.

186. Aussie Infidel
    186 | February 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Operation Deepfreeze is the US support base for all of the American facilities on the ice in Antarctica, set up way back in the 1950s i think after the International Geophysical Year. There is a permanent US presence of about 400 personnel based at Deepfreeze over the southern summer and that number falls to about 40 during the winter.

187. NoThreat2U
    187 | February 22, 2011 6:30 pm

But Castro is making the concern sound like we are planning an invasion and take over. That is my problem with what he had to say.

188. Canoe Convoy
    188 | February 22, 2011 6:31 pm

@ Mike C.:
    Any word yet on wether the WI governor began implementing my list from earlier today ?

concealed carry, Castle & Stand Your Ground doctrines, repeal of the State Individual Income Tax, Greater restrictions on Eminent Domain, et al.

189. Buckeye Abroad
    189 | February 22, 2011 6:32 pm

152. NoThreat2U

You’re still posting here? Get off your ass and go to ER. From the previous posts it sounds like you have lost enough blood to make you delirous. Blood loss does that. Bruises as well?

Don’t let your fear paralyze you from taking appropriate action. Go see a doctor!

190. 190 | February 22, 2011 6:32 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I wish we would invade and annex Cuba.

191. Nevergiveup
    191 | February 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Aussie Infidel wrote:

Ah good, I was not sure what you were refering to. Thanks

192. Lily
    192 | February 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

This is what’s coming down the pike of Obamacare isn’t killed here

Excatly right. The government should never ever be handed the power to demand a breathing tube be removed. This is up to the family ONLY.
    Even the doctor’s here let that be in the hands of the family.
    Should know because my mother-in-law was on a breathing machine and bascially was getting worse each day….the doctors did not take her off of it. They told us as a family what the out come of it was and it was the family who decided on whether she should be taken off.

193. NoThreat2U
    193 | February 22, 2011 6:36 pm

@ Buckeye Abroad:
    I am in no condition to drive my ass to the hospital. There is too much snow out there anyway. I will be fine. I just had to eat something nutritious. I will be calling the doctor tomorrow. I probably just need some simple bloodwork done and a really big vitamin supplement. Trust me, I am fine and will remain so.

You’re brutal. Always up for a good invasion. lol

194. Canoe Convoy
    194 | February 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Also, removing the Collective Bargaining privileges of the unions, via a separate bill not associated with any financial bill. This way the bill could pass into law with a simple majority vote, and not the 3/5s quorum.

195 | February 22, 2011 6:37 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    I wish we would invade and annex Cuba.

We can just send a bunch of people there, and then it will tip over, just like Guam…

196. Lily
    196 | February 22, 2011 6:39 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Are you taking any anti-inflammatories? These cause bruising.

I know how you feel about not wanting to hear bad news…I have been very sick as of late too.

197 | February 22, 2011 6:40 pm

From my inbox:

Dear Jamos,

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker thought he could cut the pay and trample the rights of more than 150,000 state workers and not face any consequences. Well, he was wrong. Tens of thousands of people have taken to the streets to oppose his plans.

This is our moment to stand and show solidarity with the workers in Wisconsin. On Thursday, take part in the solidarity rally “Fighting for the Middle Class.”
    Come Show Solidarity with the
    Wisconsin Workers
    Join the Rally
    “Fighting For the Middle Class”
    Thursday, Feb. 24
    12 noon
    USW International Headquarters
    Downtown Pittsburgh
    60 Boulevard of the Allies

Our brothers and sisters in Wisconsin and other states are in a fight for the very survival of their jobs and their unions. This is our moment to stand and show solidarity with them and let their governor and the extremist organizations financing these attacks know: WE STAND TOGETHER!

If you plan to attend or if you have questions, please call Catherine at 412-456-2985.

In solidarity,

Working America, AFL-CIO

198. NoThreat2U
    198 | February 22, 2011 6:44 pm

I was listening to something on the history channel today about Guam and that was the first thing that popped into my head. lol lol lol

@ Lily:
    I am not taking any meds actually. It is probably just some strange phase my body is going through. I am not that concerned at all. Just gotta know when to get off my feet so I don’t fall, and to catch the nosebleed before it makes a mess everywhere.

199. Philip_Daniel
    199 | February 22, 2011 6:45 pm

@ father_of_10:

It was Adolf Hitler.

200. Buckeye Abroad
    200 | February 22, 2011 6:45 pm

196. Lily

Hey Lily. Sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better soon.

193. NoThreat2U

I will be calling the doctor tomorrow.

I will stop with the mother hen role, but you were ruffling feathers back there. ;)

Hope you are feeling better soon as well.

Good night all! It’s been an interesting week.

201. NoThreat2U
    202 | February 22, 2011 6:46 pm

@ Bumr50:
    The very survival of their jobs? If they were that concerned about their jobs, they would be performing them right now. And there is that damn word too “extremists”. I get sick when I hear that word being used. It ranks up there with raaaaacist.

202. Philip_Daniel
    203 | February 22, 2011 6:48 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Availability of oil is a human rights issue; socialists either don’t get it, don’t care to get it, or do get it and don’t care, or even do get it and oppose it because “social justice” is just a ruse…

But, no, NATO probably will not invade the Jumhuriyyah of Libya.

203. Lily
    204 | February 22, 2011 6:48 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Nose bleeds and bruising? Ever had it before?
    Vaseline in the nose because you said it was so cold up there which means dry air …
    But you do need to check this out.

Hey I’m in the same boat….I haven’t been able to eat since Friday…something wrong with colon. Something bad…today I am testing chicken broth.

204. NoThreat2U
    205 | February 22, 2011 6:48 pm

@ Buckeye Abroad:
    Your concern is appreciated. Not to worry though, I never get sick, so I am sure this will pass. Probably just need some vitamins. :)

205. 206 | February 22, 2011 6:49 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

The people of Wisconsin thought they could accomplish that with a little thing called Democracy. The anti-democracy riots with the full backing and actual help from Obama and the DNC is about the dumbest thing I’ve seen out of the left in my whole life. Isn’t it wonderful?

207 | February 22, 2011 6:50 pm

@ Bumr50:

Public sector’s unionized
    AFL-CIO!
    Their performance, it is despised
    AFL-CIO!
    With a strike strike here
    And a strike strike there
    Here a strike
    There a strike
    Better give ‘em what they like
    Public sector’s unionized
    AFL-CIO!

207. NoThreat2U
    208 | February 22, 2011 6:51 pm

@ Philip_Daniel:
    Heck no, no one is planning on invading Libya, That is what made Castro’s statement so stupid.

@ Lily:
    Because of how it happens, I know it isn’t from the dry air. I hope the broth works for you. I know too what it is like not to be able to eat. That really sucks.

208. Lily
    209 | February 22, 2011 6:52 pm

@ Buckeye Abroad:

Thanks buckeye. Very sick with colon and blood..and am very weak right now. My mom is in town and a nurse….it was either food poisoning or something else which I dare not to think about.

209. NoThreat2U
    210 | February 22, 2011 6:53 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Only you could do that to a children’s song. lol

210. 211 | February 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Philip_Daniel wrote:

The socialistic quote I posted above was from a speech by Adolf Hitler.

Try telling leftists that they are closer to National Socialism than the right and they haven’t a clue what you’re talking about. History isn’t usually taught today and when it is it’s been heavily revised.

211. Lily
    212 | February 22, 2011 6:56 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I understand…I know the difference from dry lining of the nose bleeds than something isn’t right. Yeah you need to go to the doc just like I do. And which I will do sooner or later. So far I am getting better a little bit each day. But I already know what type tests I’ll have to go through. Right now very afraid of food.
    So far the broth hasn’t stirred anything up …. yet.

212. Philip_Daniel
    213 | February 22, 2011 6:57 pm

Unionized Collectivist Meuhnbahtsz wrote:

WE STAND TOGETHER!

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KB5u6m8pEY

213. NoThreat2U
    214 | February 22, 2011 7:00 pm

@ Lily:
    Hang in there and keep trying the broth. I hope you feel better soon :)

214. Lily
    215 | February 22, 2011 7:01 pm

@ Lily:
    Hang in there and keep trying the broth. I hope you feel better soon

Thanks :) ! And I hope you start to feel better soon too, I have always had problems with my colon but this time….something wasn’t right at all.

215. vagabond trader
    216 | February 22, 2011 7:04 pm

@ Philip_Daniel:

That should come with a warning. :lol:

216. NoThreat2U
    217 | February 22, 2011 7:04 pm

@ Lily:
    I have been having tummy issues for quite some time myself. I swear I haven’t eaten a full meal in two years. Today I ate a single piece of pizza and it was just too heavy in my gut. I had to toss it back up. That is when the bleeding started this time. But sometimes it bleeds just if I put my head down.

218 | February 22, 2011 7:05 pm

Rancher wrote:

I was referring to elementary school, not middle school or high school.

218. Lily
    219 | February 22, 2011 7:08 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Oh dear….looks like I’m not the only one that needs to eat broth.
    With me I cannot eat anything heavy at all. My colon is so horrible and painful.
    Have had many tests….they can’t figure it out.

219. NoThreat2U
    220 | February 22, 2011 7:31 pm

@ Lily:
    I suspect hiatal hernia, as does my family doctor. Just gotta get to the gastro to be sure.

221 | February 22, 2011 7:41 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Their vacations, raises, and pensions are what they care about.

221. NoThreat2U
    222 | February 22, 2011 7:46 pm

@ Speranza:
    Exactly!! No one is trying to take their jobs. Just asking them to cut back like everyone else has to do. That is why I do not support their cause. I have a friend who is a schoolteach who posted some shit about standing with the WI teachers. I just kept my mouth shut. Not worth arguing with someone I have know since kindergarten.

223 | February 22, 2011 7:59 pm

@ Speranza:

Just tell the Wisconsin workers that their jobs have been outsourced to India or China. Then no one will care about them anymore.

223. 224 | February 22, 2011 8:51 pm

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by 1389, The Blogmocracy. The Blogmocracy said: Public #unions have to go http://goo.gl/fb/KCXoo #progressives #jonahgoldberg [...]

224. 225 | February 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Speranza wrote:

I was referring to elementary school, not middle school or high school.

So am I.

Pregnant teacher assaulted at Woodland Hills elementary, district official says

Dec. 19–A pregnant elementary school teacher in Woodland Hills School District returned to the classroom Friday — a day after officials said a fourth-grader attacked her.

Police and teachers union representatives said the episode is not an isolated one but, rather, the latest in a series of problems at Fairless. North Braddock police Chief Dean Bazzone said officers have been called to Fairless about 30 times this school year.