Fascism with a smile: Obama’s new minister of propaganda

by 1389AD ( 67 Comments › )
Filed under Barack Obama, Censorship, Democratic Party, Elections 2012, Media, Progressives at May 26th, 2011 - 2:00 pm

Jesse Lee's Twitter icon
Jesse Lee’s Twitter icon: Fascism with a smile!

Drudge didn’t seem to have this, so I emailed it to him…

HuffPo says Obama appoints “Director of Progressive Media & Online Response”.

According to HuffPo’s description of a memo that THEY received from the White House, his tasks include “helping coordinate rapid response to unfavorable stories” and “pressing to make the administration more popular on the web”.

Jesse Lee’s twitter is http://twitter.com/#!/jesseclee44.

For what it’s worth, I say that Mr. Lee’s duties constitutes propagandizing and campaigning on the taxpayers’ dime. And I say that now ALL Obama supporters on ALL forums may RIGHTLY be called “government trolls” operating under the marching orders of their new field commander. Whereas until now, that was just an insulting speculation.

I meant it about the Obamaphiles. They are officially trolls. Every Obamaphile, every time, every forum.

Happiness is: watching a leftist strategy backfire.

Like “Crash The Tea Party”, or even… dare I say it… Splattergate!

By the way, I pointed this out on HuffPo and they promptly deleted me. :lol:

– Chuck

“OK, turning on the White House Twitter machine that they issued me in 3… 2… 1…”

The derogatory comments garnered by Jesse Lee’s first attempt to post on Twitpic are well worth reading. Evidently, a significant proportion of the online community isn’t buying his propaganda.

Also see:

Chuck is a member of the team at 1389 Blog.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

67 Responses to “Fascism with a smile: Obama’s new minister of propaganda”

1. 1 | May 26, 2011 2:10 pm

This is straight out of the Communist/Nazi/Fascist/3rd World Liberation movements.

2. 2 | May 26, 2011 2:18 pm

Does that include selrahC?

3. Mashiki
    3 | May 26, 2011 2:23 pm

What I actually find highly screwy is that lefties said that Pres. Bush was doing exactly this. He didn’t. However, Obama is doing that, including creating his own little cadre of people and nary a peep.

4 | May 26, 2011 2:24 pm

His policies still suck no matter how much they try to spin it.

5. 5 | May 26, 2011 2:47 pm

@ Macker:

He does it for free!

6. 6 | May 26, 2011 2:48 pm

@ Mashiki:

Everything they projected at Bush, Obama has done.

7. Alberta Oil Peon
    7 | May 26, 2011 2:51 pm

Sorta off-topic, but not really, here is a must-read book.

You gotta go to the link.

8. chickadee
    8 | May 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Is zero paying them from his own personal stash?
    LOL

9. 9 | May 26, 2011 2:55 pm

@ chickadee:

Yup!

10. 10 | May 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Speranza wrote:

His policies still suck no matter how much they try to spin it.

But too many people love this POS!

11. 11 | May 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Hatch Act meet Jesse Lee and his employer…

12. citizen_q
    12 | May 26, 2011 3:29 pm

@ chickadee:

The grabbermint is now imam obama’s personal stash?

No wonder they are livin’ large.

13. 13 | May 26, 2011 3:31 pm

@ citizen_q:

Obama and Michelle are Big Pimping!

14. m
    14 | May 26, 2011 3:40 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

lol, nice ~

15. citizen_q
    15 | May 26, 2011 3:44 pm

@ m:
    BTW, I had “the” talk with my in-laws this morning.

16. 16 | May 26, 2011 3:51 pm

@ citizen_q:

They should call him Lefty Reifenstahl. Time to defund him AND the czars!

So, has “Bye Bye Bammie” showed up in Joplin yet? I mean they screeched at Bush when he didn’t appear in New Orleans when it was still under 10 feet of water and there were reports of sniper fire.

Not even a word about them at his speech in Ireland. At least someone tell me FEMA is on scene.

17. citizen_q
    17 | May 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

So, has “Bye Bye Bammie” showed up in Joplin yet?

Not until his ur-o-peein paarty tour is done.

18 | May 26, 2011 4:03 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Hatch Act meet Jesse Lee and his employer…

Doubtful.

The Hatch Act doesn’t apply to presidentail appointees or people who are paid out of Executive Office of the President funds.

19. m
    19 | May 26, 2011 4:06 pm

@ citizen_q:

Oh reeeeeeeeeeeally now? Ok, you survived ~ but other than that how did it go?

20. 20 | May 26, 2011 4:07 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Hatch Act meet Jesse Lee and his employer…
    Doubtful.

Even if the Hatch Act did apply, can you honestly think of one single person in congress or the senate with the integrity and courage to call Obama on it?

21 | May 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Probably not.

22. citizen_q
    22 | May 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Barney Frank knocked on his Fannie
    Rep admits to helping lover land job at mortgage giant in ’91

U.S. Rep. Barney Frank admitted he helped his ex-lover land a lucrative post with Fannie Mae in the early 1990s while the Newton Democrat was on a committee that regulated the lending giant — but he called questions of a potential ethical conflict “nonsense.”

“If it is (a conflict of interest), then much of Washington is involved (in conflicts),” Frank told the Herald last night. “It is a common thing in Washington for members of Congress to have spouses work for the federal government. There is no rule against it at all.”

Frank said he helped his former longtime companion, Herb Moses, land a job at Fannie Mae in 1991 after Moses graduated with a master’s degree in business administration from Dartmouth College. Frank said he was approached by a Fannie Mae executive and vouched for Moses, who formerly worked as an economist in the Department of Agriculture

The last time time I was stopped for a speeding ticket the cop was not impressed when I asked him not to cite me because everyone is doing it. Bwarny if everyone was jumping off a building would you?
    Bwarny somehow using your influence by way of your office, to get someone you are having a relationship get a choice job in a institutions falling under the auspices of a committee of which you are a ranking member is not corruption what is?

23. m
    23 | May 26, 2011 4:14 pm

@ citizen_q:

Is that the same one that was selling weed out of bwarney’s home? Oh yeah ~ he’s fannie material alright!

*no pun intended!*

24 | May 26, 2011 4:15 pm

@ citizen_q:

He’s right about that part, anyway.

How can someone with no ethics be guilty of an “ethical conflict”?

25. 25 | May 26, 2011 4:16 pm

The Hatch Act doesn’t apply to presidentail appointees or people who are paid out of Executive Office of the President funds Obama’s stash.

FIFY!

26. 26 | May 26, 2011 4:16 pm

@ m:

I hope it was good stuff!

27. 27 | May 26, 2011 4:18 pm

FIFY!

Every time Obama reaches into his stash one of my cheeks get manhandled…

28. 28 | May 26, 2011 4:18 pm

@ citizen_q:

Barney comes home and tells boyfriend he’s gotten him a job with Fannie Mae and dude thinks he’s going to work as pool boy for a drag queen.

29. 29 | May 26, 2011 4:19 pm

I’m trying not to picture that!

30. 30 | May 26, 2011 4:19 pm

@ m:
    I hope it was good stuff!

More like butt weed, as in smuggled into Bawneys house in somebody’s butt…

31. 31 | May 26, 2011 4:20 pm

I’m trying not to picture that!

My wallet is in my back pocket dude… :shock:

32 | May 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Good news for people who live in NYC:

Columbia Study Finds Groceries Cheaper In NYC

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) – New Yorkers are no strangers to a high cost of living. From high-priced high-rises to costly cocktails, residents of the Big Apple are used to dishing out big bucks.

But a new study shows we may be paying less than other Americans when it comes to our groceries.

A report released this week by a pair of economists from Columbia University showed groceries cost 10 percent less in New York City than in other big cities across the country.

But if you ask New Yorkers, the idea that New York City is one big bargain for grocery shoppers seemed hard to swallow.

“I work in Jamaica, Queens and you don’t get better prices there,” said one woman.

“Nobody can afford the prices anymore,” said another man.

The Columbia study says it’s fancy foods that drive up the cost of groceries in the city, not the basics.

This from the same geniuses who keep telling us that there’s no inflation…

33. Nevergiveup
    33 | May 26, 2011 4:29 pm

I am not surprised by that study, although I would like to see the details. In General, if you know WHERE to go and WHEN to go you can find almost anything cheaper in NYC and surrounding Metropolitan Areas. That means NOT walking into the Whole Foods down the block but buying your veggies and Fruit from the Korean guy 3 blocks or 3 towns away. And yada, yada, yada.

34. 34 | May 26, 2011 4:32 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Hey, what’s teh validity of this poll? Is it a reliable Israeli firm?

Israel’s daily Maariv published a poll showing about 57 percent of voters believe Netanyahu should have supported Obama’s initiative, rather than opposing the president.

35. 35 | May 26, 2011 4:33 pm

Good news for people who live in NYC:
    Columbia Study Finds Groceries Cheaper In NYC
    “Nobody can afford the prices anymore,” said another man.
    This from the same geniuses who keep telling us that there’s no inflation…

This is another one of those bullshit propaganda pieces like the one on MS Money that tries to convince people that $5.00 a gallon gasoline is a good thing.

36. 36 | May 26, 2011 4:35 pm

@ Nevergiveup:
    Hey, what’s teh validity of this poll? Is it a reliable Israeli firm?

Dude… It’s a Al-Roto-Rueters poll, take it with a Lot’s Wife sized grain of salt.

37. 37 | May 26, 2011 4:36 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

@ Nevergiveup:

Plus in NY you have many independent Immigrant and mom and pop shops. Most places in the country have chain stores. So that’s why food might be cheaper in NYC. I can testify to that. When I moved to Tampa, I was stunned at how much more expensive food prices were down here.

38. 38 | May 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Actaully no, food is cheaper in new York City. It’s a regional quirk and not reflective of the country.

39. 39 | May 26, 2011 4:45 pm

Your not getting it. Cheaper than LA, ok yea, but cheaper than it was a year ago? Probably not. And that is the point. The best propaganda pieces always have enough truth in them to make them seem believable, enough to hide the actual deception being projected.

Yes, in the overt sense they are telling you that food is cheaper in NYC than it is else where, but the subliminal message they are projecting is, that the cost of food isnt significant rising in NYC.

40. Nevergiveup
    40 | May 26, 2011 4:52 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Hey, what’s teh validity of this poll? Is it a reliable Israeli firm?

it’s a liberal paper

41. citizen_q
    41 | May 26, 2011 4:54 pm

@ m:
    Yes, It went pretty well. Kind of strange though.

They were finishing up their breakfast I visited with them on a quick break from work, and the subject came up. Said they understood my concerns, and they knew there were radical muslims who hurt people. My mother in-law said that it could not happen here in this country. I disagreed, pointing out that the Prime Minister of Turkey erdogin (the daughter of theirs we were talking about is married to a Turk), the ayotolla khomeini, and others have stated that there is no moderate or radical islam, islam is islam. To say the violence of islam could not happen is naive, dangerous, and untrue since it has. I mentioned the Fort Hood massacre, the Jewish Community Center in Seattle, the Army Recruiting station in AR, and the honor killings in Dallas as a short list.

At which point, I needed to get back to work.

About 15 minutes later they appeared in my office to continue the conversation. I pointed to an entire shelf on one of my bookcases dedicated to this very subject with works from Bernard Lewis, Michael Oren, Dore Gold, Andrew Bostom, Robert Spencer, Aayan Hirsi Ali, Whalid Pheres, Melenie Philips, etc… 2 translations of the koran, and the manual of sharia Reliance of the Traveller.

I talked about some of the many troubling aspects of islam being careful to point out that I relied on islam’s own scriptures and how muslims believe and use them. In most instances I could cite chapter and verse so to speak. For example I told them as people of the book, Christians and Jews we had 3 choices convert, die, or become dhimmis paying jizya. Others such as Hindus only have 2 choices convert or die. I showed them sura 9:29. I discussed taqiyaa and showed them sura 8:23 as its basis. I touched on kitman. I discussed abrogation, how there were earlier “peacful” verses that were superceeded by later verses, and how muslim propagandists use this. I discussed those hadith that Phillip Daniel found for me showing that a muslim could buy their way out of hell by killing a Jew or chirstian.

You get the idea I covered a lot of ground.

They raised objections, but what was strange was that when I showed those objections were in error, they switched gears and admitted they knew that my counter was true. For example they mentioned the B’hai as a more peaceful islam. I pointed out that heretical sects were persecuted mercilessly. The B’hai are treated very harshly in iran. In fact the violence between sunni and shia is because they each view the other islamic heretics.

I don’t know, but with their daughter stuck in that death cult and not much they could do about it, perhaps its easier to believe the soothing lies. They are in their 70′s and frail, I addressed facts, and made factual statements to the best of my ability without being hurtful to them. We had a long mutually respectful conversation.

I finally, carefully addressed specific concerns from past experiences with her daughter and husband.

42. 42 | May 26, 2011 4:56 pm

OK I misread the it then. I’m sure the price has gone up compared to a year ago.

I was just saying that food in NYC is cheaper than many places.

43. 43 | May 26, 2011 4:58 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Ok, so it’s it’s probably squewed.

44 | May 26, 2011 5:01 pm

@ Nevergiveup:
    Ok, so it’s it’s probably squewed complete bullshit.

FTFY

45. 45 | May 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Your correction is a better description!

46 | May 26, 2011 5:03 pm

@ citizen_q:

Sounds like the problem we face with our own financial situation…

47 | May 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Your correction is a better description!

And people said that journalism degree was a waste…

48. citizen_q
    48 | May 26, 2011 5:09 pm

@ citizen_q:
    Sounds like the problem we face with our own financial situation…

Isn’t that the truth. My mother in-law had no problems with imam obama’s tax plans, “besides they will only effect making more than $250,000″. I let my wife field that one. I was proud of her!

49 | May 26, 2011 5:15 pm

@ citizen_q:

Cavuto ended his show today by reading some hate mail he got from people about entitlement reform. They were just completely delusional.

Stuff like “Social Security and Medicare aren’t ‘entitlements,’ they’re programs we’ve paid into all our lives! They owe us!”

I wonder if any of these people have ever looked at those statements Social Security sends out periodically that show how much money they’ve paid in?

The average retiree will get back everything they’ve paid into Social Security in about 3 years, yet they’ll probably collect benefits for 15-20 years.

Where do they think the difference comes from?

50. citizen_q
    50 | May 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Where do they think the difference comes from?

The same place where the government services come from where over 40% do not pay any taxes at all, the others who do pay taxes and dept, as I told my mother in-law.

51 | May 26, 2011 5:23 pm

@ citizen_q:

I was pretty sure it comes from the money fairy (rumored to be Barney Frank).

52. citizen_q
    52 | May 26, 2011 5:26 pm

@ citizen_q:
    I was pretty sure it comes from the money fairy (rumored to be Barney Frank).

Oh geez! you gave me the mental image of bwarny capering about in a tinkerbell outfit. Yuck!

53 | May 26, 2011 5:26 pm

Mission accomplished! :)

54. 54 | May 26, 2011 5:31 pm

@ citizen_q:
    Where do they think the difference comes from?

I always find it very painful to listen to people who think that just because they paid into SS or the Medi’s that the government is legally required to pay that money back to them. SS and the Medi’s are straight up TAXES, nothing more and nothing less. The government is not legally obligated to make so much as one single solitary payment to any citizen from those accounts.

55. citizen_q
    55 | May 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Later, I need to take care of some chores.

56. 56 | May 26, 2011 5:32 pm

Mission accomplished!

ROTFLMAO… You do know that you are an evil man, right?

57 | May 26, 2011 5:36 pm

The reason people believe that is because that’s how those programs were sold to the public in the first place (and how they continue to be defended by Dems).

58 | May 26, 2011 5:46 pm

Meanwhile, the “Arab spring” continues apace:

Egyptian activists ‘to form Nazi party’, newspaper reports

‘Al-Masry Al-Youm’ report says Facebook pages launched to attract followers; Nazi parties operated secretly in Egypt during Mubarak regime.

A group of Egyptian political activists have announced plans to set up a local version “of the Nazi party,” an Egyptian newspaper reported on Thursday.

Citing a leftist Egyptian news portal, the Al-Masry Al-Youm daily said that “the party’s founding deputy is a former military official,” and that the party would be aimed at bringing “together prominent figures from the Egyptian society.”

The report cited founding member Emad Abdel Sattar as saying that party “believes in vesting all powers in the president after selecting him or her carefully,” and that “preparations are underway to choose the most competent person to represent the party.”

Al-Masry Al-Youm added that an Egyptian Nazi party “operated secretly under former President Hosni Mubarak, whose regime prevented party leaders from carrying out their activities freely.”

Al-Masry Al-Youm said it could not verify the report, but said it found “two Facebook pages” that “appeared recently under the title of “the Egyptian Nazi Party,” which have so far attracted 70 followers.

Members are “increasing at an unexpected rate, and several people came to ask about the nature of the party and its plans,” the report said.

“This is what (Muslim) democracy looks like!”

59 | May 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Wait! This just can’t be true, Nazis in Egypt?
    Obama & McCain assured us that the Arab Spring is
    good thing.
    I think that this report is mistaken & that this is
    a forming society of unicorn herders.

60 | May 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Another example of social media being used to trigger “reform” in the Muslim world:

Disturbing Facebook Campaign Encourages Saudi Men to Beat Women With Cords

Following the shocking arrest of Saudi activist Manal al-Sharif for her creation of a social media campaign intended to help women learn how to drive, a disturbing new counter movement has launched. The “Iqal Campaign” is encouraging Saudi men to beat any woman who takes part in an upcoming protest. According to FOX News:

A campaign on Facebook is calling for Saudi men to beat women who plan to drive cars in a protest next month, AFP reports.

“The Iqal Campaign: June 17 for preventing women from driving” advocates a cord be used to beat women who plan to drive. Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia.

Some 6,000 people have “liked” the campaign on Facebook.

61 | May 26, 2011 6:14 pm

Here’s another nice fact about the propaganda minister. He’s married to Nina Choudhary who as a campaign director for Moveon.org and helped orchestrate the infamous “General Betrayus” campaign against the Iraq surge in 2007. Aren’t they a lovely couple?

62. citizen_q
    62 | May 26, 2011 6:26 pm

huckfunn wrote:

What member of the imam obama’s caliphate court is not a thug, mad social-scientist leftist ideologue, tax-cheat or overall scumbag race hustler?

63 | May 26, 2011 6:29 pm

@ citizen_q:

Is that a trick question?

64 | May 26, 2011 6:36 pm

citizen_q wrote:

huckfunn wrote:

OK. I give up. Who is it?

65. citizen_q
    65 | May 26, 2011 6:37 pm

Looking for that ray hope /

66. mfhorn
    66 | May 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Yeah, what a wonderful religion Islam is. We’ll hear plenty of crickets from the ‘O’ regime & from the Christian haters over at Chuckie Cheeto’s place. Chuckie & his merry bunch would (rightly) condemn a Christian sect that taught to beat women, but the Muzzies will get a pass.

67. citizen_q
    67 | May 26, 2011 6:54 pm

@ huckfunn:
    I was hoping you could tell me.