Green Rum Green Rum

by Bunk X ( 204 Comments › )
Filed under Art, Climate, Environmentalism, Humor, Open thread, Weather, World at July 7th, 2011 - 11:00 pm

Before you scroll down, go ahead and eyeball that. Reminds me of a certain blog that whelped quite a few other successful blogs. Now, unblock the ratchet, look below, and check out the planter from the intended perspective.

[via]
It’s a flat earth, without oceans or human beans to muck it up, but it looks green, therefore it is good. Without evil energy-creating/energy consuming people, there is no global warming, and without oceans there is no heat sink or significant water vapor to turn this planet into a Venus-like pressure cooker. Brilliant.

Speaking of brilliance, you gotta spend 9 minutes of your time and watch this (h/t whatever) either before, during or after The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

204 Responses to “Green Rum Green Rum”

1. rain of lead

4. 4 | July 7, 2011 11:16 pm

I tink it’s RoL.

5. Runner
    5 | July 7, 2011 11:20 pm

Bunk X wrote:

I tink it’s RoL.

As long as it’s not the IRS. They are crawling up my ass!

6. rain of lead
    6 | July 7, 2011 11:23 pm

Runner wrote:

Bunk X wrote:
    I tink it’s RoL.
    As long as it’s not the IRS. They are crawling up my ass!

Damn I bet that hurts

7. Runner
    7 | July 7, 2011 11:26 pm

Just saw an article on FoxNews about showing ID before casting a vote. Why are Dems reluctant to go along with the requirement to show an ID before voting?

Okay, that was a rhetorical question since I know the answer.

8. Runner
    8 | July 7, 2011 11:26 pm

@ rain of lead:

Yeah, they are relentless!

9. rain of lead
    9 | July 7, 2011 11:29 pm

umm
    just to pick a nit here
    there is a link here about holder making a speech two years ago where
    he mentions “project gunrunner”

Last week, our administration launched a major new effort to break the backs of the cartels. My department is committing 100 new ATF personnel to the Southwest border in the next 100 days to supplement our ongoing Project Gunrunner, DEA is adding 16 new positions on the border, as well as mobile enforcement teams, and the FBI is creating a new intelligence group focusing on kidnapping and extortion. DHS is making similar commitments, as Secretary Napolitano will detail.

I thought the name of the operation was “fast and furious”
    can’t be the same thing

thinking like a lefty and making my head hurt

10. Runner
    10 | July 7, 2011 11:33 pm

I just heard on the radio that a Texas Rangers fan died when he fell 30 feet trying to reach for a ball. I have often wondered if that has ever happened or if it would some day. I see these fans really stretching to reach for a homerun or foul to the upper decks. What a sad story.

11 | July 7, 2011 11:33 pm

@ rain of lead:

I thought the name of the operation was “fast and furious”
    can’t be the same thing

It’s the same thing.

12. Runner
    12 | July 7, 2011 11:34 pm

Runner wrote:

I just hope that MLB doesn’t institute plexiglass walls around the stands as a result of this mishap.

13. AZfederalist
    13 | July 7, 2011 11:34 pm

Pretty cool picture. That perspective stuff can really mess with your mind.

14 | July 7, 2011 11:35 pm

@ Runner:

A fan died at Coors Field earlier this season when he fell off the stairwell railing he was trying to slide down after the game.

15 | July 7, 2011 11:36 pm

@ Runner:

I can’t see that happening, really.

16. Runner
    16 | July 7, 2011 11:38 pm

Runner wrote:

I just read that the fan did not try to catch a pop fly but was thrown a ball by Josh Hamilton, who fielded a foul ball and tossed it into the stands only to have the fan tumble to his death after catching the toss. What a tragedy.

17. Runner
    17 | July 7, 2011 11:38 pm

I’m sure you’re right.

18. 18 | July 7, 2011 11:39 pm

@ Runner:
    That’s not the IRS. I suspect a wild hair. Be careful.

19. Runner
    19 | July 7, 2011 11:40 pm

@ Runner:

I haven’t heard about that one. I wonder how many people have died as a result of things like this at baseball and football stadiums throughout the years.

20. Runner
    20 | July 7, 2011 11:40 pm

Bunk X wrote:

@ Runner:
    That’s not the IRS. I suspect a wild hair. Be careful.

Whatever it is, it’s making me itch!

21 | July 7, 2011 11:41 pm

@ Runner:

Baseball hasn’t really changed much in over 100 years.

There’s a certain amount of danger from foul balls or thrown bats. They put up warning signs. It’s part of the game.

22 | July 7, 2011 11:42 pm

@ Runner:

I’m guessing a lot more than have died from trying to catch balls in the stands.

Alcohol “may have been involved”…

23. Runner
    23 | July 7, 2011 11:44 pm

@ Runner:

Baseball hasn’t really changed much in over 100 years.

Yeah, it can be dangerous. When I took my wife and kids to their first AA game they were a bit nervous with all the foul balls coming our way down the third baseline. Watching a lot of broken bats flying all over the place I have often wondered if any broken pieces have ever gone into the stands and injured a spectator.

24. Runner
    24 | July 7, 2011 11:45 pm

Alcohol “may have been involved”…

Say it ain’t so, Joe!

25 | July 7, 2011 11:50 pm

@ Runner:

Minor league games are particularly dangerous, because the stadiums are so much smaller. You’re a lot closer to the field, but the bats and balls are moving just as fast.

I saw a broken bat become completely impaled in the screen behind home plate at a SkySox (AAA) game last season. If that screen hadn’t been there, it could have killed someone.

Alanna Rizzo, one of the sideline reporters for Rockies games, got whacked at least three times last season that I can remember. She was hit by a foul ball once, a bat another time, and she was hit in the head by a ball someone hit during batting practice before a game once. That one got her about a week off.

They were joking that she was the first sportscaster to be on the DL.

26. Runner
    26 | July 7, 2011 11:54 pm

Damn, Rizzo took some lumps, didn’t she?

And yes, the minor league games put the spectator nearly in the middle of the game, so-to-speak. A foul ball is in the stands in a split second instead of the usual one or two second delay you get in a major league park. Plus the netting behind the plate isn’t as generous as you would find in a major league park. But hey, that’s part of the fun of minor league play!

27. Calo
    27 | July 7, 2011 11:59 pm

Damn baseball is gonna invade my life next year.

I need FOOTBALL.

28 | July 8, 2011 12:00 am

@ Runner:

The one where she was hit by the bat was kind of funny, since she wasn’t seriously hurt. It was shortly after the batting practice incident, and it was an early season night game in Denver, so she was wearing a heavy coat, which protected her.

She was standing in the camera well that’s next to the dugout on the 1st base side when the bat went flying in there.

One of the guys up in the booth saw it, and said, “Wow…that just missed Alanna!”

A couple seconds later, you heard this slightly pained, “No…it didn’t…”

29. Runner
    29 | July 8, 2011 12:00 am

Gotta go, but speaking of baseball: the Red Sox just reclaimed the #1 position in the AL East tonight after beating the Orioles while the Yankees lost to Tampa Bay. The beginning of the season looked really rough for the Sox but they have made a great comeback. Their pitching lineup has a few problems with some guys on the DL but hopefully they can sustain their lead.

30. unclassifiable
    30 | July 8, 2011 12:05 am

@ Calo:

Why in the hell did we put a minor league team here when they have a perfectly good AAA club at Juice Box?

Howdy Neighbor:D

31. 31 | July 8, 2011 12:09 am

rain of lead wrote:

umm
    just to pick a nit here
    there is a link here about holder making a speech two years ago where
    he mentions “project gunrunner”
    I thought the name of the operation was “fast and furious”
    can’t be the same thing
    thinking like a lefty and making my head hurt

Operation Gunwalker/Gunrunner un out of DOJ/FBI/ATF offices in, Arizona, Texas, Florida (you can bet your ass California as well) and other as yet unnamed locations. Fast and furious was one specific operation run out of Arizona.

32. Runner
    32 | July 8, 2011 12:09 am

As painful as that sounds, it’s a pretty funny anecdote.

Which reminds me of something that happened tonight at Fenway. During some downtime, the camera panned to two couples in the stands. They were all four attractive and looked like the Euro-Trash one sees hanging outside of the Armani Cafe on Newbury Street in Boston. Anyway, the NESN (New England Sports Network) commentators, Jerry Remy (former Red Sox player) and Don Orsillo remarked that the foursome looked like they were having fun. While the camera was trained on them, one of the guy reached over and grabbed his girl’s breast and gave it a good rubbing and tugging. The camera quickly cut away and the announcers were a bit flustered. They were absolutely silent for the next pitch (although I could swear I heard muffled snickers and giggles) and finally Orsillo tries to comment on a play but descends into fits of laughter. It was obvious that he and Remy were rolling on the floor when that guy grabbed his girl’s boob on live television. After a few silent moments, Orsillo makes another comment on a play and finally says “we used to be a family show” or something like that. It was pretty hilarious.

33. Calo
    33 | July 8, 2011 12:11 am

@ unclassifiable:
    Traffic?

Took me hours to get by that joint yesterday at rush hour.

34. rain of lead
    34 | July 8, 2011 12:17 am

ahhhhhhh
    F&F was just one part of gunwalker/gunrunner
    gotcha

hehehe
    there is a lefty I work with…..come monday…gonna burn his ASS!

35. unclassifiable
    35 | July 8, 2011 12:17 am

@ Calo:

Well that’s a mystery (other than the fact that 59 South was flooded at 610 West — and I could feel the love of my fellow drivers).

Actually the ‘stros are a good argument for the MLB to think about soccer-style relagation.

Could you imagine a playoff between us, LA (Dodgers), and KC to see who gets sent down to AAA?

36. 36 | July 8, 2011 12:23 am

rain of lead wrote:

ahhhhhhh
    F&F was just one part of gunwalker/gunrunner
    gotcha
    hehehe
    there is a lefty I work with…..come monday…gonna burn his ASS!

This was not a simple small operation that went wrong. It was a very large multi-agency program DOJ, FBI, DEA, BATFE and IRS. This program cost 10 million dollars, paid for out of Obama’s 878 Billion dollar stimulus program.

Lankford: Special Agent Dodson, let me ask you a series of questions, and this will be for several agents. Give me your best guess, and it’s going to be just a guess on this. How many weapons do we have in the United States or in Mexico, that are out there, that are a result of “Fast and Furious,” that we do not know where they are?

Dodson: Well sir, my best guess estimate at that, and remembering that Fast and Furious was one case, from one group, in one field division.

37. Calo
    37 | July 8, 2011 12:27 am

@ unclassifiable:

The rain was desperately needed yesterday. But the big neon sign said 39 minutes to get to 610/59 interchange when I was 2 exits away.

Oh, go Dynamos
    *I hate soccer too*

And, howdy neighbor.

38. rain of lead
    38 | July 8, 2011 12:30 am

from hillbuzz comments on gunrunner

In that thread I scanned the text of H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 for gun, firearm, etc and came up with a hit.

I posted in the thread: “Only time “gun” or “firearm” appears is in the part that give $10,000,000 to the ATF for Project Gunrunner. That was H.R. 495, asking for 15,000,000 for Gunrunner”.

H.R. 495 that I mentioned never made it out of committee, but it looks as it was to specifically fund Gunrunner.

Instead portions of it were rolled into the stimulus package a month later. That text found in H.R.1 is:

For an additional amount for ‘State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance’, $40,000,000, for competitive grants to provide assistance and equipment to local law enforcement along the Southern border and in High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas to combat criminal narcotics activity stemming from the Southern border, of which $10,000,000 shall be transferred to ‘Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Salaries and Expenses’ for the ATF Project Gunrunner.

Notice that’s $40,000,000 for Southern border enforcement, $10,000,000 of which specifically for Project Gunrunner. What does $10 million pay for here? It didn’t hire any new agents that I am aware of.

What this tells me is that several congressmen also had knowledge of what Gunrunner was going to entail. This isn’t just the ATF and DOJ. This is all levels and areas of government. Even members of the House and Senate knew what Project Gunrunner was.

39. rain of lead
    39 | July 8, 2011 12:31 am

like that

40. John Difool
    40 | July 8, 2011 12:33 am

@ rain of lead:

I have no doubt Hillary has knowledge of at least ‘Operation Castaway’ and hell, was probably neck deep in it.

41. rain of lead
    41 | July 8, 2011 12:36 am

this is like a big ole oil slick spreading under the surface
    when it does pop up it’s gonna be far and wide

42. John Difool
    42 | July 8, 2011 12:39 am

rain of lead wrote:

this is like a big ole oil slick spreading under the surface
    when it does pop up it’s gonna be far and wide

Yep, however, I think Operation Castaway differs in the sense that it was designed as a reverse Iran/Contra to put Zelaya and the opposition back in power in Honduras. If this comes out to be true we have some serious soul searching to due as Americans concerning whether we need to overthrow our own government by force.

43. rain of lead
    43 | July 8, 2011 12:49 am

the sipsy street irregulars

Time to prove you’re the director of ATF, Ken.

O’Brien is in full meltdown. She ordered supervisors from around the Division to report immediately to division offices and to plan on working through the entire weekend on the coverup.

Her partner in the bungle was ASAC Scott McCampbell. At one point the case was ready to be wrapped up with arrests and remain relatively efficient but O’Brien and McCampbell decided on their own to keep it going to “get more” against the advise of thier field employees and the walked guns numbers got out of control.

OB is terrified that her intentional concealing of her walked guns is going to do her in since she disregarded orders to report to DOJ and Congress.

Nearly the same culprits above her are on the hook for this. Chait knew about it so did Hoover and Melson. The new player is DAD East Julie Torres. She took O’Brien’s old DAD job when OB went to Tampa and has given OB carte blanche to do whatever she wants with little oversight.

Reportedly the shredders are buzzing.

If so, this cover-up is going on right under your nose, and, if you indeed ARE still the Acting Director of ATF, you have the responsibility to stop it immediately.

By news reports of your conversations with Senator Grassley’s and Congressman Issa’s staffers, you and your agency have been played like saps by other agencies, the DOJ and, likely the NSC and White House in the Gunwalker Scandal. You have been reported to have been sick to your stomach at the revelations, and claimed for your agency and yourself some measure of plausible deniability and attenuation of culpability for the tragic and bloody outcome.

Perhaps. But if you let this cover-up take place in the Tampa Field Division after having been apprised of it, what then will be your excuse?

If our sources are right, more violations of federal law are happening in your agency on your watch. You ARE the director, right?

Better hurry up, Ken.

“The shredders are buzzing.”

Sincerely,

Mike Vanderboegh
    PO Box 926
    Pinson, AL 35126

44. John Difool
    44 | July 8, 2011 12:51 am

@ rain of lead:

Dude, you beat me to it, was just getting ready to post that link.

Gmta !

45. John Difool
    45 | July 8, 2011 12:51 am

Heres another:

The Shredders Are Buzzing !

46. 46 | July 8, 2011 12:54 am

AZfederalist wrote:

Pretty cool picture. That perspective stuff can really mess with your mind.

What messes with my mind are IO errors. Arrrgh. Guess what I’m gonna be doing this weekend.

47. rain of lead
    47 | July 8, 2011 12:56 am

@ John Difool:

this story is gaining speed like a turd sliding down a frozen sheet of ice

48. 48 | July 8, 2011 12:57 am

rain of lead wrote:

like that

The more you look into Gunwalker the more as Morpheus said in “The Matrix” You see how deep the rabbit hole goes. It involves so any high level bureaucrats DOJ, FBI, DEA, BATFE, DHS, IRA. One thing, one frightening and indisputable thing become crystal clear.

That one thing is, that the corruption at the highest bureaucratic levels in the United States Federal Government is systemic, it’s institutional. Laws do not apply to those who have sworn to uphold our laws.

In one of my blog articles I called certain actions taken my the Obama Administration a “Marxist Coup“. The extent of upper lever bureaucratic functionaries who knowingly and willingly violated US laws to facilitate operation Gunrunner/Gunwalker is stunning proof that America has in fact been subject to a Marxist coup.

Just look at who was involved in this scandal and you quickly understand why I genuinely expect Rep. Daryle Issa to sell America out and accept some kind of payoff to let the vast majority of these criminals escape justice.

49. 49 | July 8, 2011 12:58 am

@ Runner:
    Baseball hasn’t really changed much in over 100 years.

You ever seen a game of Hurling? Spectators HAVE to pay attention, otherwise they’ll get beaned by a cue ball or a broken hurling stick. If you don’t pay attention, you end up looking like the players, and the best ones have broken bones and missing teeth.

50. rain of lead
    50 | July 8, 2011 12:58 am

nite all
    got a 16 hour day tomorrow

51. John Difool
    51 | July 8, 2011 12:59 am

@ rain of lead:

Like a sweaty and very naked Chunky F. Johnson sliding down a greased firepole to get the last shipment of Cheetos at the corner Circle K.

52. AZfederalist
    52 | July 8, 2011 1:01 am

Bunk X wrote:

Bummer. That can suck the fun out of a weekend.

53. John Difool
    53 | July 8, 2011 1:03 am

I understand your pessimism, but I think Issa and Grassely are going to blow this whole thing wide open and appoint a special prosecutor. Their letter the other day to Holder was like a mother putting a sternly written note under a refrigerator magnet before she went off to work.

54. John Difool
    54 | July 8, 2011 1:12 am

Here’s the new theme song for the ATF, FBI and DOJ:

55. 55 | July 8, 2011 1:12 am

John Difool wrote:

And Obama and Holder have already told Issa and Grassely to fuck off. Issa and Grassely do not yet know how far the rabbit hole goes, Obama and Holder do.

When Issa and Grassely find out how far it foes and how much is at stake, they will also find out just what Obama is willing to do to stop this investigation. Think billion dollar payoffs and deaths and I think you will be in the right ball park.

The question is, are Issa and Grassely for sales, like all politicians or can they be intimidated or otherwise silenced? How far will they take this? This scandal could bring down not just a sitting president, but the entire Democrat party, a good chunk of the
    Republican party and enough high level bureaucratic functionaries to fill an entire prison.

Once Issa and Grassely truly grasp the scope and depth of this scandal I seriously doubt they will push it to it’s full conclusion.

56. John Difool
    56 | July 8, 2011 1:21 am

I digress, Obama and Holder have no idea how much Melson squeeled about in their secret meeting on the 4th. Now wrap your mind around that for a second. Melson was already scheduled for a meeting with the Congressional inquiry on the 13th, why in the hell would he come in on his own voltion early with his own hired counsel on the 4th? Thats a big fucking deal.

That may have very well been a very life saving measure on Melson’s part and kept him from being found tits-up in Ft. Marcy Park.

57. 57 | July 8, 2011 1:26 am

John Difool wrote:

Of that I have no doubt, and I do very much suspect that it is exactly why he had that secret meeting. I doubt that even Obama or Holder are stupid or arrogant enough to kill or have killed someone after they testify. Had Vince Foster had a similar secret meeting he might still be alive today.

58. 58 | July 8, 2011 1:29 am

Obama and Holder have no idea how much Melson squeeled

Rumor has it Melson told Issa and Grassely enough to indite Holder and Napolitano on perjury charges.

59. John Difool
    59 | July 8, 2011 1:32 am

I just found a picture of Issa and Melsons secret meeting

60. John Difool
    60 | July 8, 2011 1:34 am

doriangrey wrote:

Obama and Holder have no idea how much Melson squeeled

Of that there is no doubt, they already have clear proof of obstruction of justice.

61. Prebanned
    61 | July 8, 2011 1:34 am

@ rain of lead:

Do you have any tips on how to clean puke out of a keyboard?

62. John Difool
    62 | July 8, 2011 1:35 am

Prebanned wrote:

@ rain of lead:
    Do you have any tips on how to clean puke out of a keyboard?

LOL, just throw it out and get yourself a new one.

63. AZfederalist
    63 | July 8, 2011 1:35 am

I understand your pessimism, but too much is out there now. It goes beyond a few obscure blogs on the internet, organizations like the NRA and the gun media are fully engaged. Putting this genii back in the bottle is going to be pretty difficult. Even if they manage to scrub this from the alphabet channels, the grass-roots public has had enough exposure to this story to maintain a very strong sense of distrust of their government. No matter what, the original intent — to make the case for stronger gun control because US gun sales are driving crime south of the border, is completely busted and the people who matter know why.

64. 64 | July 8, 2011 1:36 am

@ AZfederalist:
    Fun suckers aren’t fun. I put in a call to the doomsayers to see if they can read the tea leaves. On the bright side, it keeps me out of having to do yardwork.

65. John Difool
    65 | July 8, 2011 1:42 am

@ Prebanned:

Speaking of, I just found a pic of Chunk’s secret lifetime supply of artificial cheese that he is willing to protect with his life if necessary.

66. Prebanned
    66 | July 8, 2011 1:45 am

@ John Difool:
    I bet he has a warehouse full of survival cheetos somewhere.

67. John Difool
    67 | July 8, 2011 1:47 am

Prebanned wrote:

@ John Difool:
    I bet he has a warehouse full of survival cheetos somewhere.

He should star in a remake of a classic sci-fi…….

A Boy and His Cheese Log

68. Prebanned
    68 | July 8, 2011 1:51 am

Prebanned wrote:
    @ John Difool:
    I bet he has a warehouse full of survival cheetos somewhere.
    He should star in a remake of a classic sci-fi…….
    A Boy and His Cheese Log

Soros has 18 tons of gold, chuckles has 18 tons of cheetos.

69. John Difool
    69 | July 8, 2011 1:55 am

I love this, ladies and gentlemen, The Lt. Dan Band.

70. John Difool
    70 | July 8, 2011 2:28 am

SCOTUS actually issued a dissertation concerning the smartest precedent’s evah legal brief and wait for it…. the only dissent of it was issued by none other than their second favorite stalwart libtard Breyer. Even the Wise Potato Chips Latina™ and Kagan sided with Texas:

The United States and JUSTICE BREYER complain of the grave international consequences that will follow from Leal’s execution. Congress evidently did not find these consequences sufficiently grave to prompt its enactment of implementing legislation, and we will follow the law as written by Congress. We have no authority to stay an execution in light of an “appeal of the President,” presenting free-ranging assertions of foreign policy consequences, when those assertions come unaccompanied by a persuasive legal claim.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

71. 71 | July 8, 2011 2:39 am

Prebanned wrote:
    @ John Difool:
    I bet he has a warehouse full of survival cheetos somewhere.

He should star in a remake of a classic sci-fi…….
    A Boy and His Cheese Log

You mean, “A Cheese Log and his Boy” :?:

72. 72 | July 8, 2011 2:45 am

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

ROTFLMAO………. The most intelligent president in American history, constitutional scholar and all around smartest guy in the room, files amicus brief before the SCOTUS, and 8 out of the 9 justices bitch slap him for legal incompetence. That is beyond rich, it kind of explains why none of his college grades have ever been released.

73. 73 | July 8, 2011 2:48 am

Apparently, Obama is getting ready to double down on gun control by executive fiat…

Yes, it’s HuffPo -- read it anyway.

Hat tip -- rayra at GCP

74. John Difool
    74 | July 8, 2011 2:49 am

Here’s a pic of SCOTUS’ ruling on Barry Longshanks U.N. brief.

75. John Difool
    75 | July 8, 2011 2:53 am

Yes and it was only one justice who disssented, Breyer, Barry’s own handpicked justices Sotomayer and Kagan sided with Perry…once again…..ahem….

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL…..

76. Eliana
    76 | July 8, 2011 3:03 am

This is funny!

77. Eliana
    77 | July 8, 2011 3:08 am

Wow! :-)

78. 78 | July 8, 2011 3:08 am

And if you refuse to give HuffPo any traffic, here’s the same story from Fox…

79. John Difool
    79 | July 8, 2011 3:14 am

@ Eliana:m

Here’s a reaction photo from SCOTUS concerning Barry Longshangs’ legal decree ….mmmmm ahurrr…… I mean brief

80. Guggi
    80 | July 8, 2011 3:14 am
    I thought the name of the operation was “fast and furious”
    can’t be the same thing

It’s the same thing.

If this is the same thing then it was started by the Bush administration:

Gun trafficking to Mexico is a nationwide problem with consequences on both sides of the border. In response, ATF implemented Project Gunrunner in 2006 as a comprehensive strategy to reduce firearms and explosives related violent crime associated with Mexican criminal organizations operating in the U.S. and Mexico by preventing these organizations from unlawfully acquiring and trafficking firearms and explosives. Through Project Gunrunner, ATF works in conjunction with its domestic and international law enforcement partners to identify, disrupt, and dismantle the firearms and explosives trafficking infrastructure of criminal organizations operating in Mexico, along the border, and other areas of the U.S.

Snip

In 2009, ATF established several new offices dedicated to Project Gunrunner firearms trafficking investigations in McAllen, Texas, El Centro, California, and Las Cruces, New Mexico, including a satellite office in Roswell, New Mexico, in addition to new Gunrunner teams in Tucson, Arizona and El Paso, Texas. In September 2010, ATF announced plans to expand Project Gunrunner by opening additional Gunrunner offices in Sierra Vista, Arizona, and Brownsville, Texas. Additional expansion plans include the opening of three new offices located in U.S. Consulates in Mexico, as well as adding additional investigative and analytical staff to the ATF Country Office in Mexico City. These steps will allow for more timely and effective collaboration among the various law enforcement partners dedicated to Project Gunrunner.

81. 81 | July 8, 2011 3:16 am

Mike C. wrote:

And if you refuse to give HuffPo any traffic, here’s the same story from Fox…

He’s trying to ram this through before the fecal matter impacts the impeller over Gunrunner/Gunwalker “Fast and Furious” scandal…

82. John Difool
    82 | July 8, 2011 3:17 am

Eliana wrote:

Wow!

if that isn’t a proper bitch-smack, well then…I’ve never seen one.

83. 83 | July 8, 2011 3:19 am

@ Guggi:

Shut the fuck up and go fuck yourself.

84. Eliana
    84 | July 8, 2011 3:19 am

Cute! :-)

85. John Difool
    85 | July 8, 2011 3:20 am

@ Guggi:

I see …somebody cue up ‘the bitch is back’

nevermind…..I’ll do it.

86. Eliana
    86 | July 8, 2011 3:23 am

Wow!

if that isn’t a proper bitch-smack, well then…I’ve never seen one.

“Hey, Obama! You’re supposed to make a decent legal argument when you ask us to rule on something. DUH!!!” :lol:

87. John Difool
    87 | July 8, 2011 3:27 am

DA BOOOSH DID IT !

Fuck you scrunt, be thankfull the only reason you aren’t wearing a burka right now or speaking Russky is because rough American men have done violence on your behalf….

88. 88 | July 8, 2011 3:28 am

Eliana wrote:

Wow!
    if that isn’t a proper bitch-smack, well then…I’ve never seen one.

Kind of explains why he never published any papers while head of the Harvard Law Review, doesn’t it. This is becoming more blatantly clear every day, he didn’t publish anything, because The Harvard Law Review refused to be humiliated by publishing anything he would have written.

89. 89 | July 8, 2011 3:30 am

@ John Difool:

Guggi only comes here to convince us evil Americans of how vile and evil we really are, then to stir up fights and leave when everyone is fighting. She is a troll, pure and simple.

90. Eliana
    90 | July 8, 2011 3:31 am

Obama probably had to promise that he wouldn’t publish anything of his own to win the vote for head of the Law Review.

Voters should have made him promise that he wouldn’t try to do anything as U.S. president if he won in 2008.

91. 91 | July 8, 2011 3:33 am

Eliana wrote:

I’m betting he got that position purely on affirmative action, with a bit of arm twisting thrown in.

92. John Difool
    92 | July 8, 2011 3:34 am

What country is that scrunt from, I really want to know so I can dip my American balls in it.

93. 93 | July 8, 2011 3:35 am

He doesn’t have to “ram” anything through. Doing it by EO.

Makes me wonder if that talk of “one term and out” might be serious. If it hits even the Fudds, November 2012 just got a whole lot more difficult. Gun owners get all single issue when stepped on, and have demonstrated a willingness to shell out money, big time. Be interesting to see if this includes the “gun show loophole” crap, because even Fudds buy guns at gun shows and via other private transfers.

What was that quote from Yamamoto? “I fear all we have done is awaken a sleeping giant.”? Something to that effect… Buy more ammo, of course, but you might want to stock up on popcorn as well…

94. Eliana
    94 | July 8, 2011 3:36 am

He campaigned for it and it was an opportunity to have a minority in charge of the Law Review. It worked out ok because he didn’t publish anything.

So he was a figurehead who wasn’t qualified.

Same as now (except he’s doing serious damage in the current position that he’s not qualified to hold).

95. John Difool
    95 | July 8, 2011 3:41 am

@ Guggi:

Up the shutfuck Europoor bitch, your American masters will tell you when it’s time to speak….

Now run on home and git yer fuckin’ shinebox and make me a peanut butter & jelly sammmitch while you’re at it.

96. Eliana
    96 | July 8, 2011 3:44 am

Good night!

97. Eliana
    97 | July 8, 2011 3:44 am

(It’s getting late!)

98. John Difool
    98 | July 8, 2011 3:45 am

@ Eliana:

Goodnight sweet princess

99. Guggi
    99 | July 8, 2011 3:46 am

Guggi wrote:

If this is the same thing then it was started by the Bush administration:

If this is the same thing then Mexico has been informed since years at the latest since the Holder speech and I doubt that Holder would provide such sensitive information in a more or less public speech.

It would be helpful if some posters here would switch on their brain (if existing -- what I doubt) and their reading comprehension. This is about: is “project Gunrunner” and “fast and furious” really the same thing. If it is then there is no doubt that it was started by the Bush administration.

Another point is the hypocricy of the Mexican government because they have been informed about “Gunrunner” for years.

The behavior, the manners and the language of some posters here are a disgrace for every blog.

100. 100 | July 8, 2011 3:47 am

Eliana wrote:

It worked out ok because he didn’t publish anything.

Ah, but their is the question, did he not publish anything because he didn’t submit anything for publication, or because the editors refused to publish anything he did submit. I’m betting that he submitted and the editors asked for a rewrite and after their third rewrite request he simply gave up.

101. 101 | July 8, 2011 3:49 am

There seems to be a bit of rancor in the air… Well, count me out of the trivia -- there’s serious shit going down, and I don’t have time for it.

102. 102 | July 8, 2011 3:50 am

@ Guggi:

Go fuck yourself bitch, aren’t you suppose to be getting your burca washed right now anyways?

103. 103 | July 8, 2011 3:52 am

Er, for the trivia, that is.

It’s a bit early here (coming up on 3 AM), so coherency is in short supply…

104. John Difool
    104 | July 8, 2011 3:53 am

@ Guggi:

If some posters here would simply ‘switch on the brain’ it would be like you would go from a simple light flogging to getting frogmarched in front of a firing squad.

105. 105 | July 8, 2011 3:59 am

@ Guggi:

The troll knows she isn’t welcome or liked here, she also knows this place has a anti-ban policy, she just come to stir up shit. She is as vile and disgusting a low life slime ball as they come, she revels in causing hate and discontent. She like to claim she is Jewish, but is probably really a Muslim donkey fucking shit stirrer.

106. John Difool
    106 | July 8, 2011 4:01 am

Of course Guggi wants to pin the gun saga on BOOOSH, she hates us because she 8nt us. Perhaps a 2nd amendment right may have prevented her and her family from the abuses of the Knot-C’s or maybe the Russian army.

Stay mad my my friend.

107 | July 8, 2011 4:02 am

@ John Difool:
    Do you assholes realizes just how stupid you’re looking right now?? And you’re not helping the blog one bit with your third grade shit slinging.

108. 108 | July 8, 2011 4:02 am

In other news, El Presidente Loco seems to be still using up precious oxygen -- damnit.

109. John Difool
    109 | July 8, 2011 4:06 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ John Difool:

Is that you John Wayne….is this me ?

110. John Difool
    110 | July 8, 2011 4:13 am

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Pretty sure we’ve already learned that the Gugster not only hates American troops, but also America itself. So tell us exactly how we are in error Einstein?

111. Guggi
    111 | July 8, 2011 4:13 am

What is the discussion policy here:

If you don’t have an argument threaten the person in question you disagree with physical violence, name calling and throw obscenities at her.

If you represent the average U.S. American than no wonder no one respect you and call you uncivilized bullies.

If you represent the average Republican voter then no wonder so many people are nauseated by the Republicans.

Have a nice day.

112. bar
    112 | July 8, 2011 4:17 am

Really classy intellectual stuff. I see nothing has changed at all.
    Read anything at LGF lately, whats Chuck up too nowadays?

This comedy writes itself.

113. John Difool
    113 | July 8, 2011 4:18 am

@ Guggi:

Ohooo please scrunt dont use your moral authority and absolutism on here, were all stocked up.

114. 114 | July 8, 2011 4:19 am

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

@ John Difool:

When one attempts to take the moral high ground and reprove others for their less than elegant behavior, prefacing their admonishment with, “you assholes” and “how stupid you’re looking” suffices only to indicate that that individual is incapable of administering any admonishment.

In other words, don’t tell us how to behave when your own behavior is no different than ours.

115. John Difool
    115 | July 8, 2011 4:22 am

@ bar:

What is it you have to say bar? guggi spits out absoluts as truths and when taken to task on it she loves to quote the leftist media which we ALL KNOW IS FRAUDULENT.

116. 116 | July 8, 2011 4:23 am

Oh dear. Well, time to get in gear and prep for the trip to the office anyway…

117. 117 | July 8, 2011 4:25 am

@ bar:

Meh, bar is ok, he just likes to take a cheap shot now and then.

118. Guggi
    118 | July 8, 2011 4:29 am

The ATF -- website where they introduce “Project Gunrunner” is a left-wing media ?

Oh boy.

119. John Difool
    119 | July 8, 2011 4:30 am

I have no prob with bar, I have a prob with fence-sitters

120. bar
    120 | July 8, 2011 4:31 am

doriangrey wrote:

now and then.

I take that as an insult.

121. John Difool
    121 | July 8, 2011 4:33 am

@ Guggi:

You really don’t get the whole freedom thing do you?

Why do you hate America?

122. 122 | July 8, 2011 4:34 am

bar wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    now and then.
    I take that as an insult.

ROTFLMAO… Well you have been slacking lately. :razz:

123. 123 | July 8, 2011 4:35 am

I have no prob with bar, I have a prob with fence-sitters

ROTFLMAO… Oh believe me, bar is no fence sitter. He’d just as soon burn the fence down as look at it. :grin:

124. Guggi
    124 | July 8, 2011 4:36 am

I don’t know if wikipedia is correct here but:

ATF Project Gunrunner has a stated official objective to stop the sale and export of guns from the United States into Mexico in order to deny Mexican drug cartels the firearms considered “tools of the trade”.[16] However, since February 2008 under Project Gunrunner, Operations “Fast and Furious”, “Too Hot to Handle”, “Wide Receiver” and others (all together satirically dubbed “Project Gunwalker”), have done the opposite by ATF permitting, encouraging and facilitating ‘straw purchase’ firearm sales to traffickers, and allowing the guns to ‘walk’ and be transported to Mexico. This has resulted in considerable controversy

It appears that “fast and furious” is part of “Project Gunrunner” and has been started in February 2008 (!) during the Bush administration.

If you can’t handle the facts maybe you should…hmm….stay quiet ?

125. John Difool
    125 | July 8, 2011 4:38 am

Cool…then explain to me why he is supporting Guggi?

126. Guggi
    126 | July 8, 2011 4:38 am

@ Guggi:

This could backfire big the the Republicans.

127. John Difool
    127 | July 8, 2011 4:39 am

Guggi wrote:

@ Guggi:
    This could backfire big the the Republicans.

I’m sure you would love that !

128. 128 | July 8, 2011 4:42 am

John Difool wrote:

Cool…then explain to me why he is supporting Guggi?

What makes you think he is?

129. bar
    129 | July 8, 2011 4:44 am

Well I have been lacking in the insults lately. Which just gets me thinking about them mayonnaise sandmiches and shit like that. :lol:

130. Guggi
    130 | July 8, 2011 4:45 am

The Republican Party should be thankful that the MSM don’t make a fuss about this as much as they could. Apparently the Democrats have skeletons in their own closet otherwise they would have used it a lot more against the Republicans.

131. John Difool
    131 | July 8, 2011 4:46 am

See #112

132. 132 | July 8, 2011 4:48 am

bar wrote:

So did you make it over to cw’s for the fourth? I hear a bunch of the east coaster did.

133. 133 | July 8, 2011 4:50 am

See #112

He isn’t supporting Guggi, he’s poking fun at the late night antics here. Trust me on this, bar knows all about gamey troll buttocks.

134. John Difool
    134 | July 8, 2011 4:50 am

Guggi wrote:

Ninja….pleeze

135. bar
    135 | July 8, 2011 4:52 am

@ John Difool:
    In this case ‘cause she is right about Bush and project gunrunner? Really its not that hard to figure out is it?

And of course back when I was banned (no ban policy here) before I was unbanned, Guggi was the only one brave enough to see through the shit. I wonder what WrathofGod is up too?

136. John Difool
    136 | July 8, 2011 4:54 am

@ bar:

Don’t ban Guggi, ban this fucker instead.

137. 137 | July 8, 2011 4:54 am

bar wrote:

@ John Difool:

WOG was here this afternoon, and Guggi is only half right and you know it.

138. 138 | July 8, 2011 4:56 am

@ bar:
    Don’t ban Guggi, ban this fucker instead.

Na, bar really is ok.

139. bar
    139 | July 8, 2011 4:57 am

Seriously?
    I am from the west coast. Those east coast wimps can toss my California salad!
    The guy can’t do real BBQ for shit anyways….

140. John Difool
    140 | July 8, 2011 4:58 am

Dorian, you’re most trusted friend is taking a dump on your forehead.

What say you?

141. 141 | July 8, 2011 5:02 am

John Difool wrote:

Dorian, you’re most trusted friend is taking a dump on your forehead.
    What say you?

I say you are mistaken. bar is, well a lot like you. Feisty and provocative, but not malicious or a troll.

142. 142 | July 8, 2011 5:05 am

bar wrote:

Seriously?
    I am from the west coast. Those east coast wimps can toss my California salad!
    The guy can’t do real BBQ for shit anyways….

ROTFLMAO… That’s right, you’re one of a Californians. Oh and like I said, only half right.

Operation Fast & Furious is the name of an illegal gun trafficking sting run by the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). It started in 2009 and ended in late 2010 shortly after the death of Brian Terry, a US Border Patrol Agent and has since become the subject of controversy and a U.S. congressional investigation. During the operation, at least 2,000 guns were released and tracked by ATF agents into Mexico, many of which have been linked to at least 150 shootings. Of the 2,000 guns knowingly released by ATF agents, only 600 have been recovered by officials. The remaining 1,400 guns have not been recovered and possibly remain in the hands of drug gangs.

The illegal shit under Gunwalker all started under Holders DOJ.

143. John Difool
    143 | July 8, 2011 5:06 am

He may be a lot like me granted, i see the similarities to epic greatness, but not once….never have i ever seen the any comparison with the Commie Guggi.

144. 144 | July 8, 2011 5:10 am

John Difool wrote:

That’s probably because unlike you, or bar for that matter Guggi is a troll. Bar knows that nothing serious gets discussed on the overnight thread, and that it usually is goofy as hell. He’s just yanking chains the same way you do.

145. John Difool
    145 | July 8, 2011 5:14 am

Seee #112

146. bar
    146 | July 8, 2011 5:14 am

John Difool wrote:

Only in your wildest dreams will you ever reach my epic proportions.
    You got to pay to play. :lol:

147. John Difool
    147 | July 8, 2011 5:19 am

bar wrote:

John Difool wrote:
    Only in your wildest dreams will you ever reach my epic proportions.
    You got to pay to play.

There is only one way to solve this bar.

148. 148 | July 8, 2011 5:22 am

Seee #112

I’ve seen #112, it means much less than you think it does. Remember, I have been on this site for a pretty long time and am one of the most active members here. I know most of the people who post here.

I also know about the incident that bar referred to, it was pretty ugly. Guggi wasn’t the only person who stuck up for him, but he did get a lot of unwarranted grief, and there weren’t a whole lot of people who defended him.

So I don’t blame him for having a soft spot for her. I just think it is a misplaced loyalty.

149. 149 | July 8, 2011 5:26 am

bar wrote:
    John Difool wrote:
    Only in your wildest dreams will you ever reach my epic proportions.
    You got to pay to play.

There is only one way to solve this bar.

ROTFLMAO… I think you meant to post this one…

150. John Difool
    150 | July 8, 2011 5:27 am

Shabba what the fuckever….

151. John Difool
    151 | July 8, 2011 5:33 am

152. 152 | July 8, 2011 5:34 am

Good Morning Blogmocracy! Today is another glorious inglorious day in the Reign of Emperor Barack Hussein I, Pasha of the United States and Defender of the Faith Ummah! There are 487 Days Until the 2012 Presidential Election! Fox News is reporting that the White House may finally be entering into the Gun COntrol debate. With Operation Fast and Furious blowing up in their faces, I don’t think this is a good idea. The American poeople as a whole do not like gun control, and are rightly suspicious of those who push such an agenda. Obama is not going to get anything through the House on the issue. All he will do by making noise about it is allow the Republicans to emphasize to the American people that their right to keep and bear arms is not safe with a Democrat in the White House. He has done nothing so far in his administration, which has been a surprise to me. This close to the election he’d be a fool to break open that can of worms. Needless to say as long as it is fruitless I hope he has at it. I fear what an Obama Second Term would bring on the issue, especially if the Democrats were to hold the Senate and re-take the House. That isn’t likely at this juncture, but it is possible if the Republicans fuck up badly enough. And God knows that the Stupid Party is capable of fucking up on a grand scale.

153. 153 | July 8, 2011 5:34 am

Good Morning everyone. Terracotta Warriors part the second is now up. More stuff from China, and if you saw the traveling museum display…well it was nothing compared to the main event.

154. 154 | July 8, 2011 5:36 am

@ John Difool:

Man I loved that show growing up.

Also loved this one.

155. bar
    155 | July 8, 2011 5:38 am

I do agree. But I also get what Guggi was saying.

156. John Difool
    156 | July 8, 2011 5:42 am

http:V//www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKbT8KYiEwI

157. John Difool
    157 | July 8, 2011 5:44 am

httpV://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NPJ6GMXM3E

158. bar
    158 | July 8, 2011 5:45 am

doriangrey wrote:

Seee #112

The moral of the story is, you best drink the damn kool aid or else…..
    By the way both were very funny clips.

159. John Difool
    159 | July 8, 2011 5:52 am

160. John Difool
    160 | July 8, 2011 6:12 am

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzntZLHcY

161. rain of lead
    161 | July 8, 2011 7:16 am

mornin ya’ll
    I see grima worntonque showed up lastnite

162 | July 8, 2011 7:28 am

@ Guggi:

when did the gun purchases start?

that is the big question.

right now it looks like the strawman purchases started under holder/obama

that is where this all gets rather illegal.

163. 163 | July 8, 2011 7:36 am

There is, in her provided links, evidence of a large expansion of the program when Obama took office. The big question though, as you say, is when did the ATF start helping the smugglers. I have seen no one other than Guggi alledge that that wasn’t begun under Obama/Holder. Another question, though, is when did the other agencies become aware of this program? Everyone from the DEA to the FBI is implicated in this, and that also didn’t begin until Obama/Holder. Not that I trust Bush on the gun issue. He is too much like his father for my comfort there. But the overwhelming evidence is that the “rogue” (I believe totally that it was authorized) actions did not start until after Obvama was President and Holder (who should have never been confirmed) was Attourney General.

164 | July 8, 2011 7:37 am

bar wrote:

Seriously?
    I am from the west coast. Those east coast wimps can toss my California salad!
    The guy can’t do real BBQ for shit anyways….

this from a punk that uses an electric smoker.

165. rain of lead
    165 | July 8, 2011 7:38 am

good news to start the day

ISRAEL BLOCKS PRO-PALESTINIAN PROTESTORS FROM ENTERING COUNTRY, DEPORTS AMERICAN ACTIVISTS

TEL AVIV, Israel (The Blaze/AP) — Scores of pro-Palestinian protesters trying to reach Israel were blocked at airports in Europe and two American activists who arrived in Israel were deported early Friday, Israeli officials said. On Thursday, The Blaze first reported on Israel’s attempts to block these protestors from reaching the country.

Israel increased security at Ben-Gurion International Airport ahead of the activists’ arrival and asked foreign airlines to prevent blacklisted travelers from boarding Israel-bound flights, as hundreds said they would travel to Israel to protest Israeli policies toward the Palestinians.

166 | July 8, 2011 7:39 am

the names for the operations remain the same (that way they know where to file the paperwork).

the operational aspects and tactics can change while the names remain the same.

when did the strawman purchases start and who knew about them?

167. 167 | July 8, 2011 7:41 am

Oh, and Texas executed that fucker. Good! That is a thumb in the eye of Obama and the UN, and a feather in Perry’s cap as he contemplates running for President.

168. rain of lead
    168 | July 8, 2011 7:44 am

good job Barry

Obama’s Social Security cut proposal does nothing but enrage the left

If it’s such a hot idea, why isn’t the president out there pitching it himself? Well, maybe because he recognized that it would set blazes on his left flank and that’s the second to last thing he needs (the last would be abandonment by Big Labor). Call it leadership for chickens. But the fire is started anyway.

Pelosi is relatively irrelevant now, but Harry Reid isn’t, and she’s clearly roping him into opposing any cuts to Social Security. He probably doesn’t need much rope: Dem Sens. Mikulski and Conrad are out declaring opposition to the cuts as well.

We seem to have three bottom lines at work in this debate, all at loggerheads. The Congressional Democrats oppose adjusting entitlement spending. The Republicans oppose tax hikes and want real spending cuts. Obama opposes anything that endangers his relationship to the unions. He’ll cut DoD or some entitlements — the programs he actually likes — if he can avoid a fight with Big Labor. Re-election first!

All this spells impasse.

169. 169 | July 8, 2011 7:48 am

rain of lead wrote:

Call it leadership for chickens.

Lead from behind, just like in Libya. Obama is a pretty worthless cocksucker of a leader, but I still think he is deliberately trashing the economy and foreign policy.

170. 170 | July 8, 2011 7:50 am

@ rain of lead:

GOOD! That means the only way they can get to Gaza now is to board the Sea Hitlers (notice the plural…I’m referring to the whole damn fleet).
    Then the Israeli Navy can sink them all!

171 | July 8, 2011 7:51 am

bar wrote:

I wonder what WrathofGod is up too?

and on queue you show up just after wrath shows up just after we were bad mouthing the kahanists last week…odd coincidence.

since wrath broke our say no bad thing agreement, i will spill the beans on him.

wrath left because of a disagreement on how things were to go on the blog, his kahanists beliefs were not working very well here so the owners and he decided to simply part ways and not say anything bad about each other.

well, wrath couldn’t help himself and started bad mouthing us in various venues. we kept quiet and never retaliated. then things quieted down.

now, after some kahanists bashing onb the EDL thread, as if by magic, wrath returns. i dont know what he is looking for but i find the timing incredibly interesting.

no one on the ownership team trusts him, most of our contributors dont like him. so we are watchiong to see what he is up to.

as for you bar, you are just an irritating no talent hack. at least wrath can have an intelligent and rather informing conversation.

172. 172 | July 8, 2011 7:51 am

rain of lead wrote:

Call it leadership for chickens.

[Deleted]

173. 173 | July 8, 2011 7:56 am

@ Macker:

That works for me. It’d be a damn shame if the whole fleet just disappeared like, I dunno, it went into the Gaza Triangle or something. A gate into another world…

174 | July 8, 2011 8:06 am

bbl.

175. 175 | July 8, 2011 8:24 am

Well, there was a Stargate in BFEgypt back in the day….

176. citizen_q
    176 | July 8, 2011 8:30 am

Hopefully this will be the start of a good thorough housecleaning. I am ever the optimist.

177. 177 | July 8, 2011 8:35 am

@ citizen_q:

I want them all gone, including the people who were “Just Following Orders™”. We have a handfull of whistle-blowers, and I’d say that is indicative of the ratio of bad cops to good cops in the entire JustUs Department. Clean them all out. If they are going to be doing shit like this they are worse than the criminals they are going after. Don’t forget the fuckers killed Vickie and Sammy Weaver and the Branch Davidians over much more minor infractions of the gun control laws. Either they throw these fucker all in jail, or they get rid of that branch of law enforcement entirely. Or both. I’d like to see both.

178. 178 | July 8, 2011 8:38 am

Teh Obama Boom™ continues. I don’t have a link yet, but Fox is reporting that the June numbers for unemployment bring the official rate up to 9.2%. I know the Housing Market sucks. I haven’t even had one nibble on my house.

179. taxfreekiller
    179 | July 8, 2011 9:35 am

On the deal of the thug that got fried here in Texas last night.

Ted Cruz who Greg Abbot put in as lead legal council for Texas won the case aginst the World Court, Mexico, “then Pres. Bush” etal,
    the kook Pres. of Yale law on Bush’s side,,so thank Ted Cruz and all of us in Texas need to get behind him as well as others, Ted is the real deal and will join Demint and Lee in the Senate to hold the line on Constitutional freedom.@ Iron Fist:

180 | July 8, 2011 9:58 am

That pretty much sums it up. For several social cons here, Wrath is sort of a Holy Man or Shaman when he is nothing more then a Kahanist. For you non Jews believe me, Wrath has no use at all for you.

181 | July 8, 2011 1:27 pm

Speranza wrote:

Holy Man or Shaman

Well Waldensians are fairly astute about the quality of such thing:-)

182. orangecrush
    182 | July 8, 2011 2:52 pm

@ 144 doriangrey: I’ve never read guggi as a troll. Just someone with a European view exited from LGF that people like to polarize with.

Other topics. As far as Kahanism. I don’t have a negative view of it. Yet

183. orangecrush
    183 | July 8, 2011 2:57 pm

@ 180 Speranza: The definition of a kahanist escapes me. I have read a bit on it a few year ago. But nothing of it is memorable to me. I know the terrorist angle but that seemed mostly a political interpretation to me that should be applied to the Palestians first by the UN. It’s a red herring to point that concept to Israel first. The USS liberty arguement and the socialist nature of Israel at it’s creation bely the fact that it has evolved to be one our best allies in the world. As did Japan. We don’t see a lot of people hating the Japs these days for Pearl Harbot, we see a lot of people hating jews because of the USS liberty.

to me that points to where the true problem lies. And Israel needs to get a worldwide media machine going soon.

184. orangecrush
    184 | July 8, 2011 3:01 pm

@ 124 Guggi: Nah it happened on the Obama watch. I don’t mind if the program started under Bush and the Bush admin has to chime in now. It’s an OBama / holder baby though now. They evolved it to use it as a lever against the 2nd amendment in the US. That is what I want to hear when the facts come out. Not afraid of facts.

185. orangecrush
    185 | July 8, 2011 3:05 pm

@ 112 bar: Inaccurate stuff there and it points to that something is bothering you from the past. I read you as a little extreme, but I like that here on theblogmocracy. Maybe it’s getting too personal. The idea is getting blanked out by emotion.

186. orangecrush
    186 | July 8, 2011 3:07 pm

@ 105 doriangrey: Inappropriate unless you’re drunk. /drunk

187. orangecrush
    187 | July 8, 2011 3:12 pm

@ 99 Guggi: But you replied in the same manner that you are complaining about. Your latching on to the Bush admin as the problem source ignores the fact where the buck stops here today. It stops with Obama. He transformed all Bush programs when he entered office. We can’t tell how the Bush “fast and furious” plan would have ever turned out. He could have sold GPS’s weapons, defective weapons, or loaded weapons. We don’t know. We do know what the Obama admin did.

I think the frustration people are having with you is because you wish to ignore this approach because you are invested in a different life meme. But that doesn’t let Holder off the hook unless your strategy is to obsfucate and raise the noise level high enough that voters tune out to the issue

188. orangecrush
    188 | July 8, 2011 3:13 pm

The only President I really blame for stuff from the past having a bad effect today is Carter. The most bitter man alive. He’ll take all the sweetness out of hell.

189. orangecrush
    189 | July 8, 2011 3:16 pm

And in retrospect. This is the late night thread. No one should be wearing gloves. THere should probably be only a few rules in the oot thread.

1. Stay anonymous
    2. take your licks
    3. keep it on the overnight thread. let go of it tomorrow and start with a clean slate.
    4. no violent threats, be creative.

190. orangecrush
    190 | July 8, 2011 3:21 pm

@ 80 Guggi: Yes but Obamas fast and furious is not the same as Bushes. Ditto Obamas Iraq War, etc. Association is not causation in this case.

It’s useless to hold Bush accountable for anything Obama does. Obama ran on an anti Bush platform. Since day one of the O admin the bush legacy ended. Obama kept what he needed and changed everything else. Including Fast and Furious

191 | July 8, 2011 3:31 pm

orangecrush wrote:

Kahanists are fundamentalist nationalists.

192. bar
    192 | July 8, 2011 8:13 pm

@ orangecrush:

Maybe we should have a smoking competition (being a no talent hack, I should be really easy to beat). Lets see who can smoke cheese without melting it. Or who can smoke a Salmon (cause its not cooked, its cured and smoked) or who can smoke deviled eggs without cooking them twice?

P.S. Pouring liquid smoke on crap doesn’t count.

193 | July 9, 2011 8:22 am

orangecrush wrote:

For the 76th time -- the Liberty incident has been investigated 4 times by the US government and was declared a friendly fire tragedy. Please give me a reason why Israel would during an time of war commit an atrocity against its only fiend in the world? To compare it to Pearl harbor is obscene.

194 | July 9, 2011 11:32 am

bar wrote:

@ orangecrush:

and how is that any different than vandalism? it just struck me that you came here to cause trouble willfully and with premeditation (that means on purpose).

one more time and you are gone. i have had enough of you.

195. bar
    195 | July 10, 2011 5:58 pm

how is that any different than vandalism?

Maybe you should call your local police department, I’m sure they will explain it to you….

196 | July 10, 2011 7:27 pm

@ bar:

so you dont deny you came here to cause trouble?

197. John Difool
    197 | July 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Ahhhh man, this thread was a whole lot uglier than I recollected it to be. Probably should just memory hole the entire thing and forget it ever happened.

198 | July 10, 2011 7:47 pm

John Difool wrote:

Probably should just memory hole the entire thing and forget it ever happened.

nope, cant.

199. bar
    199 | July 10, 2011 11:53 pm

I suppose if by “causing trouble” you mean deliberately attempting to yank the chains of the guys who were cursing out the lady, then yes.

200 | July 11, 2011 12:02 am

bar wrote:

well, were you being chivalrous or

“I was just being a total drunk prick for my own amusement. When your good at something some times you just gotta embrace it.”

pick one.

201. bar
    201 | July 11, 2011 12:29 am

Both.
    Unless you, John or doriangrey are females?

202 | July 11, 2011 12:36 am

bar wrote:

Both.
    Unless you, John or doriangrey are females?

they arent.

and as you just admitted that you came in here to be an asshole, and you are very god at that, i can delete your account, enough of the owners are already for it so there is no real discussion there.

i could list the other reasons as well, but i wont.

203. bar
    203 | July 11, 2011 1:26 am

You should just delete it. I well know about all the reasons and I know all the owners are for it. And the posters wouldn’t mind either. Its not like I am going to ever walk on eggs shells for anyone nor curtail my opinions to suite others.

204 | July 11, 2011 7:56 am

@ bar:

spare me the victim crap, ok.

you come here to be a professional asshole, you admitted it. you bring absolutely nothing to the conversation. guess what, there are no egg shells here. have you seen the throw downs in this place?

i disagree with a few of our posters often, do i ban them? no. you know why i dont ban them bar, they arent deliberate jerks. they actually bring knowledge and different perspectives to the debate and very often end up being right.

i don’t ban for differing opinion, but i will ban for deliberated troll activity, which is what you have become and is just about all you are capable of. your last few visits here have been nothing but insult laced barrages of no substance and no quality.

if you cant see the difference between debate and being a jerk, i cant help you. this is a space that many people work and or pay for to keep it running and to produce articles that people want to read in a space where debate is encouraged. it is not your personal garbage dump.