Where’s Fjordman?

by 1389AD ( 143 Comments › )
Filed under Crime, Free Speech, Leftist-Islamic Alliance, Liberal Fascism, Media, Multiculturalism, Political Correctness at August 7th, 2011 - 4:00 pm

Fjordman header

Gates of Vienna: The Forced Resignation of Fjordman

Our regular readers know the writings of Fjordman, and are familiar with what has happened to him in the two weeks since Anders Behring Breivik murdered seventy-six people in Oslo and on the island of Utøya.

Our thousands of new readers also know who Fjordman is — or at least they know the media construct labeled “Fjordman”, which has little or nothing to do with the reality of the man who chose that pseudonym when writing about the ongoing destruction of European civilization.

Yesterday, after receiving legal advice, Fjordman chose to visit the police, reveal his identity, and answer any questions they posed. Contrary to media reports, the police did not “discover” him.

For the record: The Norwegian authorities had no idea who Fjordman was until he decided to reveal himself, of his own free will.

After his discussions with the police, he gave an interview to a media outlet, and then retired once again from public view.

An account of the police interview was published here. Then, later on this morning, the interview with Fjordman was published at VG (English version here). The same information was later published in Denmark. Almost immediately his real name was added to his Wikipedia entry, which had already been in existence for a number of years.

It’s no surprise to learn that he has gone into hiding — we’ve all seen what the “anti-fascists” do to people who hold opinions like ours, and Fjordman has to be one of their high-priority targets.

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
Fjordman began posting essays at Gates of Vienna in the spring of 2006. I first met him in person about a year later during my trip to Copenhagen. We have encountered each other again over the years during some of my visits to Europe. In the process we became good friends, and remained in correspondence until he made his momentous decision the other day to visit the police.

Now his “brand” has been forcibly retired. But this doesn’t mean that Fjordman’s work will come to an end. As his long-time readers know, Fjordman is completely dedicated to the cause of reclaiming and upholding European civilization — not through murder and destruction, as his supposed admirer Anders Behring Breivik chose to do, but rather by honest discussion and legitimate peaceful action through the political process.

This is what we all believe in here at Gates of Vienna. Our goal is to be outspoken enough to prevent what must otherwise surely come. If we who love our civilization and culture do not stand up now, then certain violence awaits us. Our enemies have declared this clearly over and over again, and we would be fools to disregard their stated intentions. By utilizing our current — and precarious — right to free speech, and by raising public awareness of what is being planned, we hope to avert the violence and degradation that the Islamization of the West will inevitably entail.

For the record: Fjordman is the best of us. He is not just a brilliant scholar and a fine writer, but also the most decent, gentle, and humane person I have ever met. He is a man of utmost integrity, and it shines through in his dealings with others as well as in the millions of words he has written.

His forced resignation from his position as “Fjordman” does not spell the end of his work.

Hat tips: Steen, Henrik and KGS.

Posted by Baron Bodissey at 8/05/2011 10:05:00 AM

Gates of Vienna: Fjordman: My Afternoon With The Police

The following message just came in from Fjordman, who adds that he intends to keep a low profile in the near future.

I am shocked by the hostile treatment I received at the hands of the police.

Lars Hedegaard heard my story and commented that he had never known of any witness who has been treated in this manner in any Western country, except for totalitarian societies such as the Third Reich.

My lawyer, who is experienced and has seen many tough cases before, did not expect anything like this to happen. He assumed this would be relatively easy, and even suggested that I might get by without a lawyer. I insisted on having one present just in case, which most likely helped a little bit. Things would have been even worse had that not been the case. My lawyer later said that in my case they operated at best at the very fringes of what could be considered legal.

I was never accused of doing anything criminal, obviously because I had nothing to do with the terror attacks and they know this. Yet without the slightest hint of proof of any lawbreaking, I was treated as a murder suspect.

To my total surprise I had to go to my flat, where for several hours half a dozen police officers went through all of my DVDs, searched through my old printed travel photographs from years back, searched through all of my (many) books, checked my kitchen equipment, went through all of my clothes, and confiscated a suitcase that contained nothing more than clothes and some books. They also confiscated several digital devices, including my camera and my laptop. It is quite clear that they wanted information about non-violent Islam-critical networks in Europe that they suspected might be contained in my PC, even though they denied this to me.

Please remember that the police and the Police Security Service (PST) apparently had no clue who I was until I literally knocked on their door of my own free will, even though I knew full well that I would have to give up my anonymity after doing so. I had very little information about Breivik since I have never met him, something which he himself has admitted, yet I still handed over what little information I had. I also answered their questions honestly, even though, technically speaking, I did not have to do so.

If you believe the mass media, the police were still not sure that I really was Fjordman until a couple of hours after I had turned up at the police station. As soon as they understood that this was indeed the case, they rushed through a quick decision to search my flat and confiscate my computer equipment immediately. They must have realized at this point that I had nothing at all to do with the terror attacks.

I personally suspect that this was mainly a political decision.

Posted by Baron Bodissey at 8/05/2011 05:51:00 PM

Gates of Vienna: Fjordman and Fairness? A Sick Joke…

Dr. Andrew Bostom writes:

Today my colleague, the perspicacious Norwegian essayist Fjordman (whose prolific writings can be read here), was compelled to surrender his anonymity after reluctantly granting an interview to Verdens Gang (published in English, here).

An hysterical, morally cretinous press and blogosphere — Norwegian, other European, and American — which had initially accused Fjordman, falsely and recklessly, of being the Breivik mass murderer, continues to persist that he was Breivik’s “main inspiration,” a charge akin to accusing the Beatles of “inspiring” Charles Manson, or Jody Foster “inspiring” John Hinckley.

Even the relatively fair and staid Verdens Gang interview labels the apolitical Fjordman as “far right.” When reading the interview, consider that the ongoing major “accusation” against Fjordman is that his reasoned critique of cultural relativism — echoed by mainstream Western European leaders Sarkozy, Cameron, and Merkel — “precipitated” the murderous insanity of Breivik. This is another absurd and slanderous allegation…

“Absurd and slanderous”? Indeed.

Maybe now that the far left extremist government mouthpiece press in Norway and Sweden will leave us alone. They have their scapegoat, even as they twist his story…

Read the rest of Dr. Bostom’s essay here.

Posted by Dymphna at 8/05/2011 07:46:00 PM

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

143 Responses to “Where’s Fjordman?”

1. brookly red
    1 | August 7, 2011 4:10 pm

and so it begins.

2 | August 7, 2011 4:14 pm

Fjordman has become an “Enemy of the State” in the truest sense of the phrase.

We’re So Screwed™

3. 3 | August 7, 2011 4:15 pm

I hope he uses another pseudonym.

4. orangecrush
    4 | August 7, 2011 4:22 pm

I’m waiting for the search of the Charles Johnson lodgings and computer files. His penchant for removing content means he is hiding something significant.

5 | August 7, 2011 4:22 pm

That wild and whacky tons of
    fun Johnson had a totally malicious
    post about Fjordman this morning .
    CJ could never understand a man
    of principals.

6. brookly red
    6 | August 7, 2011 4:25 pm

sure he can, it just scares the pissoutta him.

7 | August 7, 2011 4:38 pm

@ brookly red:
    You are probably right. Principals are alien
    to Johnson and would scare him.

8. 8 | August 7, 2011 5:07 pm

“Fjiordman” appears to have fallen prey to that most insideous and deadly of all human afflictions -- bad luck. Hope that changes for him, one way or another.

9. rain of lead
    9 | August 7, 2011 5:13 pm

The obama admin: Giving guns to our enemies and selling cocaine to our children. Sounds like a great campaign platform

The failed federal anti-gunrunning program known as Operation Fast and Furious got so out of control in November 2009, it appeared the U.S. government was single-handedly “arming for war” the Sinaloa Cartel, documents show, even as U.S. officials kept lying to fellow agents in Mexico about the volume of guns it helped send south of the border.

10 | August 7, 2011 5:29 pm

I have never been a fan of some rage against
    the machine insurection. The Tea Party has
    it right, they are peaceful and effective.
    Sill they are called terrorists and un American.
    Western governments are coddling the Muslim
    savages here to destroy us while trampling
    therights of citizens who object.
    They are just begging for trouble.

11. brookly red
    11 | August 7, 2011 5:43 pm

rain of lead wrote:

Watergate was just breaking & entering… people died here. The chickens will come home to roost. How ironic.

12. 12 | August 7, 2011 5:48 pm

@ brookly red:

At least 40 % of the population wouldn’t recognize a roosting chicken if it pecked them in the privates. That’s O’s 2012 game plan.

13 | August 7, 2011 5:48 pm

brookly red wrote:

rain of lead wrote:

They’ll just figure out some way to tie it to the Tea Party.

If not, it won’t be covered.

14. brookly red
    14 | August 7, 2011 5:51 pm

They’ll just figure out some way to tie it to the Tea Party.

If not, it won’t be covered.

no this is going to stick, they will fight it but it will stick. the timing is not right yet, but as the election gets closer look for congress to “investigate”.

15 | August 7, 2011 5:54 pm

Ironically, they’ll use the fact that Fox News is covering this story as “proof” that it’s a “manufactured crisis,” too.

After all, the received narrative is that FNC is just the media arm of the Tea Party/anti-Obama racists.

16 | August 7, 2011 5:54 pm

@ Mike C.:

So true.

None of this asshattery could be accomplished in a country with a moderately educated population.

17 | August 7, 2011 5:57 pm

@ brookly red:

I’m afraid I don’t share your faith in the system.

18. brookly red
    18 | August 7, 2011 6:02 pm

I’m afraid I don’t share your faith in the system.

I have no faith in the system, I have faith that Murphy’s law applies to every one.

19. brookly red
    19 | August 7, 2011 6:03 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

exactly why the Dept of Ed has got to go.

20 | August 7, 2011 6:05 pm

brookly red wrote:

I’m afraid I don’t share your faith in the system.

Great save!!! :grin:

That’s about the vest spin one can put on how bad things have gotten. This is not the Republic the Founders left us. :mad:

21 | August 7, 2011 6:07 pm

@ brookly red:

But that’s one of our rights!!

NANCY PELOSI: Budget deficit is an excuse for the Republicans to undermine government, plain and simple. They don’t just want to make cuts, they want to destroy. They want to destroy food safety, clean air, clean water, the Department of Education. They want to destroy your rights.

22 | August 7, 2011 6:10 pm

Axlerod is a real shitbird! Gah!

23. ThreeHundred
    23 | August 7, 2011 6:10 pm

Gold trading just opened for first time since the S&P downgrade, it spiked $20 at the open. Currently $1686 according to Kitco.

24 | August 7, 2011 6:10 pm

@ Bumr50:

I’d say that someone should explain to that hag that our rights don’t come from the government, but the problem goes way beyond her.

25 | August 7, 2011 6:11 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Kerry used the same line this morning.

Apparently, “Tea Party downgrade” was today’s secret phrase…

26. brookly red
    26 | August 7, 2011 6:12 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

well actually it is… we just need take out the trash & give it a fresh paint job. oh, and change the locks… we need to change the locks.

27 | August 7, 2011 6:15 pm

@ brookly red:
    One lock is, you can only vote if you are a tax payer without any handouts including what goes to university professors

28. chickadee
    28 | August 7, 2011 6:18 pm

This is an interesting article on the violent flash mob thugs.
    With a list of what attacks have occurred where, all over this country.

29 | August 7, 2011 6:18 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Like that’s gonna happen.

We can’t even get most states to pass a Voter ID law.

30 | August 7, 2011 6:18 pm

brookly red wrote:

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Repel of the 16th & 17th Amendments would be the first two locks I would change. Then we can take a closer look at the problems caused by the 19th Amendment. As long as there is one Liberal left standing, this Country in in danger.

31. brookly red
    31 | August 7, 2011 6:18 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

well that is going to be controversial… let’s start with you can only vote once & you have to actually be alive. that alone will change the face of gubermint.

32 | August 7, 2011 6:19 pm

@ chickadee:

It sickens me to think that most of these “flash-mobsters” were probably alerted to the mayhem on cell phones that their government provided them with.

33 | August 7, 2011 6:21 pm

brookly red wrote:

waldensianspirit wrote:

Which is why any state that tries to implement such a law will be sued by DOJ.

34 | August 7, 2011 6:21 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ chickadee:

They do this at the wrong location they might get themselves in a hurt condition

35. brookly red
    35 | August 7, 2011 6:22 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

no, they are always there just waiting for the opportunity…

36. brookly red
    36 | August 7, 2011 6:23 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

seems that has yet to happen…

37 | August 7, 2011 6:24 pm

@ brookly red:

If they truly are “flash mobs” as is being reported, then they are most definitely using wireless communication to coordinate.

38. brookly red
    38 | August 7, 2011 6:26 pm

Which is why any state that tries to implement such a law will be sued by DOJ.

that which does not bend, breaks.

39. chickadee
    39 | August 7, 2011 6:26 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ chickadee:

WE are paying to get OUR asses kicked.
    LOL . . . . oh wait.

40 | August 7, 2011 6:27 pm

I haven’t found anything coming out of the White House condemning these “flash mobs”

41. brookly red
    41 | August 7, 2011 6:29 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ brookly red:

stop reading news papers and take a walk down Flatbush avenue…

42. Buckeye Abroad
    42 | August 7, 2011 6:29 pm

I posted the below on another thread this morning, but the Tea Party is getting hate press even on this side of the pond. I don’t the links copied over.

OT: The Tea Party is getting targeted big time by the far left rags here in Germany. This caught my eye on the newsstands yesteray:
    Tea Party: Radikale ruinieren Amerika / Tea Party: radicals ruining America

Der Spiegel had to get their hate in as well.
    Gefährlich Ideologeon – Realitätsverlust von rechts / Dangerous Ideologues- Loss of reality from the right
    They really hate us.

43. chickadee
    43 | August 7, 2011 6:30 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

zero is waiting for one of the perps to get his head cracked open and then he will say the person who fought back was acting “stupidly.”

44. brookly red
    44 | August 7, 2011 6:32 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

the same WH that told supporters to “get in their faces?” that WH?

45. chickadee
    46 | August 7, 2011 6:37 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

Tea Party: Radikale ruinieren Amerika / Tea Party: radicals ruining America

Der Spiegel had to get their hate in as well.
    They really hate us.

fck europe.
    We are middle America. Let them hate us.
    We vastly our number the fringe left lunatics who have the mfm hyping their tripe.
    europe must have a death wish for this country, to side with commies who would turn us into them. . . or worse.

fck them. useless milk toast spineless slobs who should be reserving some of their hate for the vermin muzz investing their culture and “ruining” europe.

46. brookly red
    47 | August 7, 2011 6:39 pm

Opening on October 12, 2012: The Obama Is Totally Awesome blockbuster movie

/don’t worry, by 10/12 no one will be able to afford electricity…

48 | August 7, 2011 6:41 pm

Beck you got it wrong. It won’t be the world against Israel and USA. It will be the world against Israel

48. brookly red
    49 | August 7, 2011 6:43 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

ans so it was written…

49. Buckeye Abroad
    50 | August 7, 2011 6:45 pm

46. chickadee

Don’t hold back on my chickadee, tell me how you really feel. :)

I don’t read the rags, but the American flag and hate slogans on the cover did catch my eye. The hatred of a grass roots American political movement in Eurpe? Hmmm.

Strange how global media uniformily manufactures such hated on small groups. Tea party, Jews, non-believers of the global warming cult, etc… It’s almost like they dread something right beneath the surface. heh

51 | August 7, 2011 6:46 pm

It is written the USA will become four regions

52 | August 7, 2011 6:49 pm

Oh and Beck? Quit selling food insurance. You sound so crass.

53 | August 7, 2011 6:55 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

It is written the USA will become four regions

That in my book would be a good thing. We don’t need the Orcs ruling from Mordor on the Potomac™ making a mess of everything they touch… :twisted:

53. 54 | August 7, 2011 6:56 pm

@ Bumr50:
    FaceBook, texting and chat rooms come into play.

54. Buckeye Abroad
    55 | August 7, 2011 6:57 pm

It is written the USA will become four regions

Written where?

55. rain of lead
    56 | August 7, 2011 6:58 pm

the libs want to raise taxes….
    well ok then

if revenue is what they want, let’s give it to ‘em. Revive the 20% gross excise tax on Hollywood. Let’s give ‘em revenue that hurts their own gravy train base, and put them in the position of being against tax increases.

Think of all the ways to tax liberalism. Let’s see, unions, Big Education, endowments for the artsy fartsy shit, tax exempt foundations that fund liberalism.

57 | August 7, 2011 7:00 pm

@ Buckeye Abroad:
    Scripture.

57. rain of lead
    58 | August 7, 2011 7:01 pm

wow
    dow futures are down over 300 points

58. rain of lead
    59 | August 7, 2011 7:02 pm

gold up 40 $

60 | August 7, 2011 7:02 pm

@ Bunk X:

That’s what makes it so alarming.

If I walk down the street in the Hazelwood section of Pittsburgh, I’m aware that I could be “jumped.”

I don’t even think about it when I’m, say, leaving the State Fair or shopping at Sears (two true-life examples).

If you’re on food stamps in PA, you qualify for a free cell phone if:

You are eligible if you receive benefits from any of these programs in Pennsylvania:

Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
    Food Stamps
    Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
    Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
    National School Lunch (free program only)
    Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
    Medicaid
    State Blind Pension

60. Buckeye Abroad
    61 | August 7, 2011 7:02 pm

Scripture

Passage and verse? Not being sarcacstic, but just want to know from what well are you drawing this from.

61. brookly red
    62 | August 7, 2011 7:03 pm

rain of lead wrote:

wow
    dow futures are down over 300 points

Hope & Change!

63 | August 7, 2011 7:04 pm

rain of lead wrote:

the libs want to raise taxes….
    well ok then

Reposted from another thread:
    How to get Liberal’s heads to explode. Liberals love taxes and abortions. Every time a Liberal has an abortion give that Liberal a bill for the taxes that child would have paid in their lifetime or charge them with tax evasion. We need the money and they need to pay up one way or the other. :twisted:

63. brookly red
    64 | August 7, 2011 7:06 pm

rain of lead wrote:

gold up 40 $

well on the bright side $40 is like what in gold? a grain of sand?

64. Buckeye Abroad
    65 | August 7, 2011 7:09 pm

64. brookly red

well on the bright side $40 is like what in gold? a grain of sand?

And you cannot eat either and if you did it would not sustain you.

65. brookly red
    66 | August 7, 2011 7:09 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Reposted from another thread:

well I am waaaay pro life, but that child may just be on the dole it’s whole life… better just to have an abortion tax.

66. chickadee
    67 | August 7, 2011 7:10 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

46. chickadee

It’s almost like they dread something right beneath the surface. heh

That’s exactly what I was thinking. It is easier for the left, for european socialist wimps, and cowards everywhere to be afraid of looking at what is teeming and festering right in their neighborhoods.
    Especially the europeans who point across the pond and malign middle America rather than confront the barbarians in their midst. They need to rip the lid off that threat NOW and get busy minding their own dangerous business.
    How absurd they call us radicals because we want to balance the budget but the muzz savages, who chop heads, aren’t radical at all.

68 | August 7, 2011 7:11 pm

@ Buckeye Abroad:
    Daniel 8 8:5

Also research “the abomination that causes desolation” to understand the time line and context

68. brookly red
    69 | August 7, 2011 7:12 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

64. brookly red
    well on the bright side $40 is like what in gold? a grain of sand?
    And you cannot eat either and if you did it would not sustain you.

no but I have a lot of fat useless neighbors… some of them look quite tasty.

69. rain of lead
    70 | August 7, 2011 7:12 pm

hmmm
    my wedding ring is worth 860.00

70. John Difool
    71 | August 7, 2011 7:12 pm

rain of lead wrote:

the libs want to raise taxes….
    well ok then

OH THE HUGE MANATEE !!!!

71. rain of lead
    72 | August 7, 2011 7:13 pm

long pig!

74 | August 7, 2011 7:14 pm

brookly red wrote:

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    Reposted from another thread:

Don’t try to confuse the issue with logic, we’re talking about Liberals here. Assume the best case with the highest possible lifetime income and base the tax bill on that. That’s what any Liberal would do. :twisted:

73. brookly red
    75 | August 7, 2011 7:14 pm

rain of lead wrote:

hmmm
    my wedding ring is worth 860.00

your kidney is worth 26,000… don’t sign the back of your drivers license.

74. brookly red
    76 | August 7, 2011 7:16 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Don’t try to confuse the issue with logic, we’re talking about Liberals here.

so tell me again why you want them to procreate?

77 | August 7, 2011 7:18 pm

They’re such a confused bunch. Rarely do egg and sperm meet

76. Buckeye Abroad
    78 | August 7, 2011 7:18 pm

67. chickadee

Thats been going on longer than I’ve been here. Distracting the populace with percieved injustices “over there” while their own house burns.

I’ve said it before, but you’ll watch European capitols burn on CNN in the near future.

79 | August 7, 2011 7:19 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

Tea Party: Radikale ruinieren Amerika / Tea Party: radicals ruining America
    Der Spiegel had to get their hate in as well.
    They really hate us.

They’re just following the lead of our media.

80 | August 7, 2011 7:21 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

They’re such a confused bunch. Rarely do egg and sperm meet

But there’s still the case of the blind sperm finding an egg in the womb once in a while… :wink:

79. brookly red
    81 | August 7, 2011 7:21 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

They’re such a confused bunch. Rarely do egg and sperm meet

they need to remember the eggs are in the front…

82 | August 7, 2011 7:22 pm

Guys! I’m laughing nearly uncontrollably! Set up a softball like that…

81. 83 | August 7, 2011 7:22 pm

I am shocked by the hostile treatment I received at the hands of the police.

Like the way Robert Spencer and Pastor Jones were treated. Spencer’s books have since been removed by the Obama regime from the FBI’s training books list.

But what about all the others mentioned in Brevik’s rambling cut and paste tome? Like for example, one big fat Harvard liberal statist, Theda Skocpol? Her book on social revolutions were in Breivik’s recommended reading list. What about her?

82. John Difool
    84 | August 7, 2011 7:23 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:
    Tea Party: Radikale ruinieren Amerika / Tea Party: radicals ruining America
    Der Spiegel had to get their hate in as well.
    They really hate us.
    They’re just following the lead of our media.

Germany can kiss my ass. Lets see how long they can continue to plug up the rest of spoiled rotten Europe while the money bleeds out of the dike. When the collapse comes they will be crying the loudest for our intervention, of course, problem is…… we’re broke.

85 | August 7, 2011 7:25 pm

@ John Difool:
    Read yesterday’s Steyn?

86 | August 7, 2011 7:25 pm

@ John Difool:

I’m pretty sure they know that already.

They’re just trying to drag us down with them out of spite.

85. 87 | August 7, 2011 7:26 pm

Opening on October 12, 2012: The Obama Is Totally Awesome blockbuster movie

The only way I’ll go see this is if Obama plays Osama.

86. John Difool
    88 | August 7, 2011 7:27 pm

Great news everybody………The Republic Is Saved !!

89 | August 7, 2011 7:30 pm

John Difool wrote:

Great news everybody………The Republic Is Saved !!

We’re So Screwed™

88. rain of lead
    90 | August 7, 2011 7:30 pm

well this is not good

Israeli FM says Palestinians planning ‘bloodshed’

JERUSALEM — Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman on Sunday claimed that the Palestinians were planning “bloodshed” for September as they push for UN recognition of an independent state.
    “It is clear that the Palestinian Authority is preparing bloodshed and violence the like of which we have never seen,” Lieberman told reporters at a briefing in the Knesset, Israel’s parliament.
    The hardline foreign minister provided no evidence to back his claim but suggested the Palestinians could organise marches to coincide with the UN General Assembly in September.

89. brookly red
    91 | August 7, 2011 7:31 pm

Urban Infidel wrote:

Opening on October 12, 2012: The Obama Is Totally Awesome blockbuster movie

The only way I’ll go see this is if Obama plays Osama.

well by then he may need the gig…

92 | August 7, 2011 7:31 pm

My prognosis is not as rosy as the Boehner-Obama deal, as attentive readers might just be able to deduce from the subtle clues in the title: After America: Get Ready For Armageddon. Oh, don’t worry, I’m not one of these “declinists.” I’m way beyond that, and in the express lane to total societal collapse.

I’m right there with him…

91. brookly red
    93 | August 7, 2011 7:31 pm

rain of lead wrote:

well this is not good
    Israeli FM says Palestinians planning ‘bloodshed’

same as it ever was, same as it ever was.

92. orangecrush
    94 | August 7, 2011 7:31 pm

@ 83 Urban Infidel: theda skocpol was accusing Breitbart recently. I think because of his attack on the tax exempt status of Media Matters. She lacks science and lacks logic. No one should be listening to her.

95 | August 7, 2011 7:32 pm

@ rain of lead:

Israeli FM says Palestinians planning ‘bloodshed’

So, it’s a day ending in “y”

96 | August 7, 2011 7:33 pm

@ John Difool:

Huckabee (who I don’t really like and usually don’t watch) played this clip in regards to Geithner yesterday.

I got a chuckle out of it.

95. orangecrush
    97 | August 7, 2011 7:33 pm

Germany is overrun with Ottomans. In just 10 years it went from being a few to a lot. And the billboards started popping up that we are all Germans now in Berlin.

98 | August 7, 2011 7:35 pm

orangecrush wrote:

That pretty much describes all Harvard academics.

Those people still mourn the loss of Cornell West from their faculty…

97. Buckeye Abroad
    99 | August 7, 2011 7:38 pm

Thanks.

69. brookly red

no but I have a lot of fat useless neighbors… some of them look quite tasty.

Did I work for you at one time?

98. 100 | August 7, 2011 7:39 pm

brookly red wrote:

rain of lead wrote:
    gold up 40 $

well on the bright side $40 is like what in gold? a grain of sand?

$40 = 14,476 kwachas. I don’t know what everyone is complaining about.

99. John Difool
    101 | August 7, 2011 7:39 pm

@ rain of lead:

In other news….water is wet….

100. 102 | August 7, 2011 7:41 pm

Eat me.

101. orangecrush
    103 | August 7, 2011 7:44 pm

The Seattle area just got a rash of Federal grants. One was to build an outhouse floating on the middle a lake so boaters don’t piss in the water. $130,000. Thanks taxpayers in other states!!!!

102. rain of lead
    104 | August 7, 2011 7:44 pm

Geithner Rips S&P for ‘Really Terrible’ Move on Downgrade

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner ripped Standard & Poor’s two days after the ratings agency downgraded US debt, saying the stunning move was based on a “lack of knowledge” about the nation’s finances.

*blink**blink*

S&P has shown really terrible judgment and they’ve handled themselves very poorly,” he said in an exclusive interview with CNBC. “And they’ve shown a stunning lack of knowledge about basic U.S. fiscal budget math. And I think they drew exactly the wrong conclusion from this budget agreement.”

bwahahahahahahahahahah

103. Buckeye Abroad
    105 | August 7, 2011 7:48 pm

84. John Difool

I have a friend of mine who is a police captain here, who once told me a few years ago after many beers, “there will be a day when the stark reality hits that we’re broke. And then people will be killing each other in droves and there is nothing we will be able to do about it.”

His bolt hole is Switzerland.

104. 106 | August 7, 2011 7:49 pm

@ rain of lead
    Getting downgraded to AA++ is like getting marked down for a spelling error on an otherwise great essay.

105. 107 | August 7, 2011 7:50 pm

@ orangecrush:
    She’s got a book on the Tea Party coming out soon. I bet you can hardly wait!

108 | August 7, 2011 7:50 pm

@ rain of lead:

“And they’ve shown a stunning lack of knowledge about basic U.S. fiscal budget math.”

He’s probably right there. Unlike the government, they deal in the real world, where 2+2=4, not “a number to be determined later, preferably after the next election.”

107. 109 | August 7, 2011 7:51 pm

@ Buckeye Abroad:
    Dude, hit the reply or quote button in your posts. My scrolling finger is still hurting from looking for sentience in The Swamp.

108. brookly red
    110 | August 7, 2011 7:52 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

Thanks.
    69. brookly red
    no but I have a lot of fat useless neighbors… some of them look quite tasty.
    Did I work for you at one time?

no, not a chance.

109. orangecrush
    111 | August 7, 2011 7:52 pm

@ rain of lead:Geithner has a lack of knowledge about how to pay taxes. I’m sure that little foible on his part clouded his judgement about being able to make the tough economic decisions. Instead he is a yes make to Obama’s spend it all now approach, then get more.

110. brookly red
    112 | August 7, 2011 7:53 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

When the collapse comes

dude, I hate to be the one to tell you it done come.

113 | August 7, 2011 7:54 pm

Bunk X wrote:

@ rain of lead

It’s all psychological. That’s why they’re all whining about how “We’ve always had a AAA rating,” as if it’s some sort of hereditary entitlement.

I’ve got news for them: Rhodesia was always a net exporter of food, too.

114 | August 7, 2011 7:56 pm

@ orangecrush:

Geithner’s paw prints are all over the housing collapse, too.

Most people have no idea how big his part was in that debacle. He belongs in prison, not at the Treasury department.

113. John Difool
    115 | August 7, 2011 7:56 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

84. John Difool
    His bolt hole is Switzerland.

Which is typical of those oh so enlightened and much better than us Yuro-pee-ons, get pissed at their lot in life and kill-kill-kill-kill…..

Muzzies burning cars and raping women in the streets….do nothing…..

Raise retirement age by two years…….burn own country down……

114. Buckeye Abroad
    116 | August 7, 2011 7:58 pm

97. orangecrush

SPD braucht neue Mitglieder und leider es gibt nicht genug Deutschinnen, dass Kinder haben möchten. Die Zukunft braucht Steurerbezahler. ;)

115. Buckeye Abroad
    117 | August 7, 2011 8:01 pm

@ Bunk X:

Will do.

116. Buckeye Abroad
    118 | August 7, 2011 8:07 pm

@ brookly red:

dude, I hate to be the one to tell you it done come.

Hasn’t hit here yet, at least psychologically. I watched a program last week of Spanish professionals learning German in order to get a lousy job in Germany. I caught a bit of news tonight that the ECB will buy the Italian debt to keep them above water. The only country that is actually solvant these days is Germany and its being dismantled financially right before eveyone’s eyes. After that, we are all Greeks now.

117. brookly red
    119 | August 7, 2011 8:07 pm

@ orangecrush:
    Geithner’s paw prints are all over the housing collapse, too.

I second that. But let us not stop there a lot of folks belong in prison so what to do?

120 | August 7, 2011 8:11 pm

brookly red wrote:

But let us not stop there a lot of folks belong in prison so what to do?

As the Polish underground did. Record their deeds, write to them and explain their deeds are being recorded and when the time comes they will be on trial

119. John Difool
    121 | August 7, 2011 8:11 pm

@ Buckeye Abroad:

Thats because Germany knows better than anyone that a bunch of poor, hungry and pissed off Europeans isn’t a good thing for peace and life expectancy in Europe.

120. yenta-fada
    122 | August 7, 2011 8:13 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

97. orangecrush

Did someone just order the schnitzel?

123 | August 7, 2011 8:14 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

brookly red wrote:
    But let us not stop there a lot of folks belong in prison so what to do?

That’s one idea…

124 | August 7, 2011 8:15 pm

Question is what will the military do?

123. yenta-fada
    125 | August 7, 2011 8:19 pm

Is there a radio show tonight? If so, what time? Why is this a seekrit?/

124. Nevergiveup
    126 | August 7, 2011 8:20 pm

Hello all -- finally home

125. John Difool
    127 | August 7, 2011 8:21 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Is there a radio show tonight? If so, what time? Why is this a seekrit?/

Lemme guess, You didn’t receive your Sooper Sekrit Blogmocracy Decoder Ring in the last batch of Ovaltine did you?

126. Buckeye Abroad
    128 | August 7, 2011 8:25 pm

@ John Difool:

Generational disconnect. I’ve met alot of old Germans, Brits and French, who are mostly dead these days, who spoke of their past during the war years as kids vs the current times [1995-2005]. They didn’t have a rosy view of the future due to the leading polices of the Euro govenments.

Intellect is a nice, but wisdom is a precious.

127. m
    129 | August 7, 2011 8:25 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Yes there is, it’s on the show page but I got it up late today. Rodan is unavailable so Savage is taking the reins…

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

lol!

128. yenta-fada
    130 | August 7, 2011 8:26 pm

m wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    lol!

Thanks! Savage is at the wheel? Hang on, it’s gonna be a wild ride. lol

129. yenta-fada
    131 | August 7, 2011 8:27 pm

John Difool wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:
    Is there a radio show tonight? If so, what time? Why is this a seekrit?/

Did you just call me an age-impaired person?/ lol

130. rain of lead
    132 | August 7, 2011 8:28 pm

@ m:

lemme guess
    he’s gonna be watching the finale of falling skies :)

131. yenta-fada
    133 | August 7, 2011 8:29 pm

Nevergiveup wrote:

Hello all – finally home

Welcome. I guess you don’t need a drink?

132. m
    134 | August 7, 2011 8:29 pm

@ rain of lead:

LOL! Probably!
    I’ll kick his ass! hahaha!

(it’s recording here ~:)

133. Nevergiveup
    135 | August 7, 2011 8:29 pm

rain of lead wrote:

@ m:

lemme guess
    he’s gonna be watching the finale of falling skies

Maybe the Yankees- Red Sox’s game on ESPN

134. Nevergiveup
    136 | August 7, 2011 8:30 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Nevergiveup wrote:

Hello all – finally home

Welcome. I guess you don’t need a drink?

Just water. I think I had half a bottle of scotch at the Norfolk Airport

135. m
    137 | August 7, 2011 8:31 pm

Here we gooooooooo! (new thread)

138 | August 7, 2011 8:35 pm

@ Nevergiveup:

Did you see what happened to Nicasio Friday night?

137. brookly red
    139 | August 7, 2011 8:35 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

brookly red wrote:
    But let us not stop there a lot of folks belong in prison so what to do?

yes I want to see the guilty in prison, it is way past time for that.

140 | August 7, 2011 8:37 pm

@ brookly red:

yes I want to see the guilty in prison, it is way past time for that.

In prison…hanging from lamp posts…doesn’t much matter to me.

139. 141 | August 7, 2011 11:07 pm

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

Tea Party: Radikale ruinieren Amerika / Tea Party: radicals ruining America
    Der Spiegel had to get their hate in as well.
    They really hate us.

During the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina I met some German “free-lance journalists” who were covering the Gulf Coast devastation. Talking to them, I asked if they wanted a first hand account of what happened in the breakdown of civil order.
    I was even willing to be interviewed in German. But, they had other ideas. Their agenda was to document the “poor black victims” of the hurricane and flooding. They had this pre-conceived notion that Uncle Tom is real and living in New Orleans!
    I was ignored and they went off looking for someone to agree with their idea of an oppressed class of people.

They’ll write anything to support their leftist agenda. If I remember correctly, one of them wrote for Spiegel.
    But I do know they wrote for dpa (Deutsche Presse Agentur) and Reuters.

If you think the MSM is bad in the US, it’s worse in Germany.

140. Aussie Infidel
    142 | August 8, 2011 1:27 am

The same ‘shit’ has fallen on Bat ‘Yor’s head as well. The fascists left are having a field day of guilt be association, even where that ‘association’ is NOT sought be this malefactor.

141. 143 | August 8, 2011 11:40 pm

I washed my hands of him when he wrote a screed with the phrase “white Europe” in it on Gates, that was back when we were all still hangin’ out in the swamp.