Cyber Prayer Circle Circle for Momcat

by Rodan ( 270 Comments › )
Filed under Christianity, Religion, Special Report at August 19th, 2011 - 7:10 pm

This thread is a Cyber Prayer Circle for Momcat. Catholics will say the rosary at 9:00 PM EST. Non Catholics are welcome to do the prayers of their faith as well! May God bless Momcat.

Almighty and Eternal God,
You are the everlasting health of those who believe in You.
Hear us for Your sick servant (N…)
for whom we implore the aid of Your tender mercy,
that being restored to bodily health,
he (she) may give thanks to You in Your Church.
Through Christ our Lord.

May God help hear our prayers and help Momcat recover.

Tags: ,

Comments

270 Responses to “Cyber Prayer Circle Circle for Momcat”

1 | August 19, 2011 7:19 pm

God be with her!

2. NoThreat2U
    2 | August 19, 2011 7:20 pm

I think I might cry. Everyone who is willing to join with us….it warms my heart. May God hear our plea.

3. 3 | August 19, 2011 7:23 pm

May the Lord help her!

4. NoThreat2U
    4 | August 19, 2011 7:25 pm

One minor thing..could you remove the Catholic from the post title? I don’t want anyone to feel unwelcome. Maybe change it to Cyber Prayer Circle. That way believers and non believers of all faiths are included. Thanks :)

5. Lily
    5 | August 19, 2011 7:29 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Yeah I agree and maybe just a note and those who are Catholic the Rosary will be said.
    /what about that?

6. NoThreat2U
    6 | August 19, 2011 7:35 pm

@ Lily:
    That works for me. I would hate for someone to feel left out. Right now, we need all they prayers we can get for Mom and Rain.

7. 7 | August 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Changed!

8. NoThreat2U
    8 | August 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Cool! Thank much kind sir :)

9. 9 | August 19, 2011 7:42 pm

So Say We All!

10. yenta-fada
    10 | August 19, 2011 7:47 pm

Already warming up.

11. NoThreat2U
    11 | August 19, 2011 7:49 pm

Hey, we have Princess Natasha saying a prayer too…and she is an atheist! Lotta support here for friends in need. I like to think that we would all do the same for each other if one of us were ailing.

12. orangecrush
    12 | August 19, 2011 7:50 pm

My prayers for momcat.

13. Lily
    13 | August 19, 2011 7:53 pm

You did good Rodan on the change…perfect!!!

14. Lily
    14 | August 19, 2011 7:54 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

WoW! We maybe helping more than just one family!!!

15. Lily
    15 | August 19, 2011 7:55 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Yep!!! GOTC would be proud of us!

16. NoThreat2U
    16 | August 19, 2011 7:56 pm

@ Lily:
    This will have a major impact on others, one way or another. I am still inviting people. My kid’s music teacher from school is a facebook friend. She is Pentecostal so we know she prays intensley! This is gonna be a good thing.

17. rain of lead
    17 | August 19, 2011 7:58 pm

hey ya’ll
    I do believe in the power of prayer
    momcat had a good day today
    she was actually able to breathe some room air and her o2 numbers
    stayed stable
    a good day

thanks for all your love and support

there will be a post from momcat in a bit

18. NoThreat2U
    18 | August 19, 2011 8:00 pm

@ rain of lead:
    YAY!!!!!!! We are still gonna be praying for yinz! Glad to know she is stable. You hang in there, we got your back on this.

19. momcat
    19 | August 19, 2011 8:04 pm

hi everyone
    rain told me what you were doing and I asked him to post this for
    me

thank you so much, being stuck here in this hospital bed, it helps
    knowing there are so many people praying for me

I know I don’t post much but I lurk all the time and I feel like I know most of you

again thank you.

20. rain of lead
    20 | August 19, 2011 8:10 pm

if you are on nt2u’s FB friend list and want to keep up with how
    momcat is she can let you who to send a friend request to
    and I will approve it so you follow how she is

again
    thanks again from myself, the girl
    and most of all momcat

21. NoThreat2U
    21 | August 19, 2011 8:11 pm

@ momcat:
    We are all here for you and the family. Take it easy, follow the doctors orders. Lurking is fine, but whenever you feel like posting, do so. It is good to hear from you. All the prayers and positive energy are heading your way so hang on for the ride!

22. NoThreat2U
    22 | August 19, 2011 8:12 pm

@ rain of lead:
    I will send out the suggestions to friends….

23 | August 19, 2011 8:13 pm

@ momcat:
    Dum spiro, soero -- Whilst I breathe, I hope

24 | August 19, 2011 8:14 pm

PIMF- spero not soero

25. mtc
    25 | August 19, 2011 8:15 pm

@ momcat:
    Good luck to you Momcat! My cat Benedict says meow!

26 | August 19, 2011 8:16 pm

This is a great thing you all are doing. I’m going to be at happy hour at 6:00 PDT. It’s not blasphemous to pray over a margarita and chips and salsa, is it?

27. rain of lead
    27 | August 19, 2011 8:20 pm

@ The Osprey:

raise a toast to momcat
    she loves a good strawberry margarita

28. rain of lead
    28 | August 19, 2011 8:22 pm

@ mtc:

well our big black panther merlins says meow back

29. chickadee
    29 | August 19, 2011 8:25 pm

rain of lead wrote:

hey ya’ll
    I do believe in the power of prayer
    momcat had a good day today
    she was actually able to breathe some room air and her o2 numbers
    stayed stable
    a good day

thanks for all your love and support

there will be a post from momcat in a bit

That is such welcome good news.
    God bless her.
    Prayers for her quick recovery.

30. rain of lead
    30 | August 19, 2011 8:27 pm

wow
    momcats FB just blew up

I am approving as fast as I can

31. NoThreat2U
    31 | August 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Guilty *raises hand* lol lol

32. rain of lead
    32 | August 19, 2011 8:30 pm

thats ok
    I think prayers are better when you can put a face to a name

33. NoThreat2U
    33 | August 19, 2011 8:31 pm

@ rain of lead:
    Yeah it does make you feel a little closer to a person.

34 | August 19, 2011 8:32 pm

The Osprey wrote:

It’s not blasphemous to pray over a margarita and chips and salsa, is it?

it is not blasphemous unless they use cheap tequila.

35 | August 19, 2011 8:33 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

did you have any internet problems?

mine has been in and out all day.

36. 36 | August 19, 2011 8:33 pm

A PRAYER FOR THE SICK

O holy Father, heavenly Physician of our souls and bodies, who hast sent thine Only-begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ to heal all our ailments and deliver us from death: do thou visit and heal thy servant N., granting him/her release from pain and restoration to health and vigor, that he/she may give thanks unto thee and bless thy holy Name, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

37. rain of lead
    37 | August 19, 2011 8:35 pm

hey, nothing wrong with cheap tequila
    poor people got poor ways

38. NoThreat2U
    38 | August 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Earlier it was in and out. I couldn’t get links to load. It seems OK now though. What I dont understand is if my internet was spotty, why wasn’t my cable?

39. 39 | August 19, 2011 8:35 pm

The Osprey wrote:
    It’s not blasphemous to pray over a margarita and chips and salsa, is it?
    it is not blasphemous unless they use cheap tequila.

According to the Orthodox Christian Church, it is considered good to “pray without ceasing” -- meaning that you should pray so much that prayer will always be going through some part of your mind, even while you are asleep.

Yes, even when you are occupied in unpleasant tasks (driving a car in a traffic jam comes to mind)…probably especially in those circumstances.

40 | August 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Prayer for the sick

O holy Father, heavenly Physician of our souls and bodies, who hast sent thine Only-begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ to heal all our ailments and deliver us from death: do thou visit and heal thy servant N., granting him release from pain and restoration to health and vigor, that he may give thanks unto thee and bless thy holy Name, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

41. 41 | August 19, 2011 8:35 pm

@ The Osprey:

I too shall be drinking.

42. 42 | August 19, 2011 8:36 pm

rain of lead wrote:

hey, nothing wrong with cheap tequila
    poor people got poor ways

saying a blessing before and/or after eating and drinking is considered a good thing to do

43. 43 | August 19, 2011 8:36 pm

Amen

44. 44 | August 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Also:

Prayers for the Sick

Priest: Let us pray to the Lord.

People: Lord have mercy.

O Lord Almighty, the Healer of our souls and bodies, You Who put down and raise up, Who chastise and heal also; do You now, in Your great mercy, visit our brother (sister) (Name), who is sick. Stretch forth Your hand that is full of healing and health, and get him (her) up from his (her) bed, and cure him (her) of his (her) illness. Put away from him (her) the spirit of disease and of every malady, pain and fever to which he (she) is bound; and if he (she) has sins and transgressions, grant to him (her) remission and forgiveness, in that You love mankind; yea, Lord my God, pity Your creation, through the compassions of Your Only-Begotten Son, together with Your All-Holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit, with Whom You are blessed, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Priest: Let us pray to the Lord.

People: Lord have mercy.

O Lord our God, Who by word alone did heal all diseases, Who did cure the kinswoman of Peter, You Who chastise with pity and heal according to Your goodness; Who are able to put aside every malady and infirmity, do You Yourself, the same Lord, grant aid to this Your servant (Name) and cure him (her) of every sickness of which he (she) is grieved; lift him (her) up from his (her) bed of pain, and send down upon him (her) Your great mercy, and if it be Your Will, give to him (her) health and a complete recovery; for You are the Physician of our souls and bodies, and to You do we send up Glory: to Father, and to Son, and to Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Liturgical Texts courtesy and copyright of Holy Cross Press, Brookline, MA

45. rain of lead
    45 | August 19, 2011 8:38 pm

heh
    the girl has discovered yoohoo
    and she likes it

hmmmm
    a girl liking chocolate….who knew

46. rain of lead
    46 | August 19, 2011 8:40 pm

1389AD wrote:

rain of lead wrote:
    hey, nothing wrong with cheap tequila
    poor people got poor ways

we always say the blessing before we eat dinner together

47. NoThreat2U
    47 | August 19, 2011 8:41 pm

I am ashamed to admit that I cannot remember the first part of the rosary. All I can remember are the ten Hail Marys followed by the Lord’s Prayer. Do you think God will hold it against me if I just say some other prayers at the beginning?

48. 48 | August 19, 2011 8:42 pm

49. Dolphin
    49 | August 19, 2011 8:42 pm

@ 1389AD:
    Amen.

Not Catholic, but will be praying for momcat, lor and girl tonight with ya’all.

50. rain of lead
    50 | August 19, 2011 8:46 pm

hey ya’ll
    the girl is trying to drag me away
    there is a HS football game across the street that she is really wanting to watch so I think we are gonna go for a bit
    I will be back on later

again

51. Calo
  52. NoThreat2U
    52 | August 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ 1389AD:
    Amen.
    Not Catholic, but will be praying for momcat, lor and girl tonight with ya’all.

All are welcome to join in.

53 | August 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ 1389AD:
    Amen.
    Not Catholic, but will be praying for momcat, lor and girl tonight with ya’all.

that’s ok, neither am i or 1389!

54. NoThreat2U
    54 | August 19, 2011 8:48 pm

@ Calo:
    Thank you, but I cannot get the link to open. This has been a problem all day. I will make it up as I go…I think God will still appreciate the attempt.

55. yenta-fada
    55 | August 19, 2011 8:49 pm

@ momcat:

Oh, this is so great that momcat is receiving all of this!

56. yenta-fada
    56 | August 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Dolphin wrote:
    @ 1389AD:
    Amen.
    Not Catholic, but will be praying for momcat, lor and girl tonight with ya’all.
    that’s ok, neither am i or 1389!

Or me.

57. yenta-fada
    57 | August 19, 2011 8:50 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Naw. I will hold it against you though. lol lol

58 | August 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Lord, hear our prayers…

59. NoThreat2U
    59 | August 19, 2011 8:53 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    LOL I am a bad Catholic. Although I never really remembered it while being taught it. lol I will still do my best and hope that God knows I am trying.

60. Lily
    60 | August 19, 2011 8:53 pm

Okay I’m here!

61. 61 | August 19, 2011 8:53 pm

1 Make the Sign of the Cross and say the “Apostles’ Creed.”
    2 Say the “Our Father.”
    3 Say three “Hail Marys.”
    4 Say the “Glory be to the Father.”
    5 Announce the First Mystery; then say the “Our Father.”
    6 Say ten “Hail Marys,” while meditating on the Mystery.
    7 Say the “Glory be to the Father.”
    8 Announce the Second Mystery; then say the “Our Father.” Repeat 6 and 7 and continue with Third, Fourth and Fifth Mysteries in the same manner.

After the Rosary:

HAIL, HOLY QUEEN, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

V. Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God.
    R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray. O GOD, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.

After each decade say the following prayer requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima: “O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of your mercy.”

As suggested by the Pope John Paul II the Joyful mysteries are said on Monday and Saturday, the Luminous on Thursday, the Sorrowful on Tuesday and Friday, and the Glorious on Wednesday and Sunday (with this exception: Sundays of Christmas season -- The Joyful; Sundays of Lent -- Sorrowful)

62. Lily
    62 | August 19, 2011 8:53 pm

Everybody almost ready?

63. Dolphin
    63 | August 19, 2011 8:53 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    G-d knows what is in your heart.

64. 64 | August 19, 2011 8:54 pm

@ Calo:

The above was from the link, but it’s the spirit that counts, not the “letter of the law.”

65. Lily
    65 | August 19, 2011 8:56 pm

Are we ready yet? I have blessed candles lit too!

66. Calo
    66 | August 19, 2011 8:57 pm

@ 1389AD:
    Thanks 1389

67 | August 19, 2011 8:57 pm

Lily wrote:

Are we ready yet? I have blessed candles lit too!

2 minutes and counting

68. 68 | August 19, 2011 8:58 pm

69 | August 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Lily wrote:
    Are we ready yet? I have blessed candles lit too!

2 minutes and counting

1 minute and counting

70 | August 19, 2011 9:00 pm

begin

71. PrincessNatasha
    71 | August 19, 2011 9:03 pm

Here, with my long-forgotten, but now dusted-off Orthodox prayers.

72 | August 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Oh Lord, we humbly beseech thee to bless our dear friend Momcat with thy healing providence, that she might overcome her affliction and easily breathe again the sweet breath of life, in Jesus’ name we pray, Amen.

73. 73 | August 19, 2011 9:09 pm

I said a Catholic prayer for the Holy Spirit to heal Momcat. I also did a prayer for the Virgin to intercede on her bahlf.

74. NoThreat2U
    74 | August 19, 2011 9:13 pm

And I end with an Amen…..

75. mfhorn
    75 | August 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Prayers for Momcat, that God’s mighty healing touch will be on her.

76. NoThreat2U
    76 | August 19, 2011 9:16 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

Here, with my long-forgotten, but now dusted-off Orthodox prayers.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, but maybe you deciding to pray along with us is a message from God to you also? Sometimes prayers spread to others in close proximity. Either way, glad to have you join us.

77. PrincessNatasha
    77 | August 19, 2011 9:18 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

I want Momcat to get better. Prayer seems to work-- along with good doctors’ efforts. I hope that God, her own spirit, and her guardian angel work overtime to bring her back to health.

78. Calo
    78 | August 19, 2011 9:19 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Amen.

Prayers sent to momcat.

79. NoThreat2U
    79 | August 19, 2011 9:20 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    Lovely sentiment. Truly.

@ Calo:
    Amen.

80. Prebanned
    80 | August 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Heavenly Father, thank you for all the good days you have given us.
    Thank you for our family and friends.
    Please Bless Momcat and her loved ones and Nothreat and Calo, give them strength, grace and peace. Be with all the ones that especially need your help. Lord I know the strongest and most healthy need You as much as the rest of us.
    Bless the posters on this blog and help us to love each other.
    In Jesus name,
    Amen

81. PrincessNatasha
    81 | August 19, 2011 9:21 pm

1389AD:
    You are Orthodox, are you not?
    I decided to go back to my Orthodoxy because atheism kicked my ass… CW and 1389, you guys got my e-mail, I think, I need a refresher crash-course…

82. Lily
    82 | August 19, 2011 9:22 pm

May all our prayers go to momcat and her family,for healing and may the Light of God heal her. Amen.

That was a very easy Rosary to say! I felt all the other people praying propping me up ….

83. Lily
    83 | August 19, 2011 9:23 pm

@ Calo:

Amen!!!!

84. NoThreat2U
    84 | August 19, 2011 9:23 pm

@ Prebanned:
    May God Bless you and yours as well. You are a kind person.

@ PrincessNatasha:
    Pardon me for jumping in here but YAY! You will find strength in faith. This is wonderful news. God Bless you may silly crazy friend. lol

85. Lily
    85 | August 19, 2011 9:24 pm

1389AD:
    You are Orthodox, are you not?

It’ll all come back to you swiftly!

86. yenta-fada
    86 | August 19, 2011 9:24 pm

1389AD:
    You are Orthodox, are you not?

Hey, you mean you can’t tell the rest of us? :-(

87. NoThreat2U
    87 | August 19, 2011 9:25 pm

@ Lily:
    I actually tuned everything else out. With every bead, my prayer got louder and louder. I felt the power.

88. Prebanned
    88 | August 19, 2011 9:25 pm

1389AD:
    You are Orthodox, are you not?

YOU WIN!
    Stick with God and no matter what happens to you in this life, you win.

89. Prebanned
    89 | August 19, 2011 9:26 pm

:-)

90. Lily
    90 | August 19, 2011 9:27 pm

@ Lily:

Mine was smooth and strong!!!! I felt it too so did my husband!!

91. Calo
    91 | August 19, 2011 9:29 pm

@ Prebanned:
    Thank you Prebanned, that brought tears to my eyes.

*I ain’t sentimental!*

92. NoThreat2U
    92 | August 19, 2011 9:29 pm

@ Prebanned:
    We have all come together here tonite, despite different ways of praying..and have done a wonderful thing. Thanks to all who participated. I have people who are on facebook that prayed along with us. THIS is what friendship is. Love you guys! Except Dorian…he is too passive aggressive. lol lol lol

93. Lily
    93 | August 19, 2011 9:30 pm

@ Calo:

Hey {Calo}! Wasn’t this wonderful?

94. chickadee
    94 | August 19, 2011 9:31 pm

I think it worked. I felt the spirit when I prayed my little prayer.

95. Lily
    95 | August 19, 2011 9:31 pm

@ Prebanned:

Beautiful Prebanned!

96. NoThreat2U
    96 | August 19, 2011 9:31 pm

@ Lily:
    I felt stronger with every Hail Mary!

97. Lily
    97 | August 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Prebanned wrote:

1389AD:
    You are Orthodox, are you not?

YOU WIN!
    Stick with God and no matter what happens to you in this life, you win.

Amen to that!

98. chickadee
    98 | August 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Prebanned wrote:

Heavenly Father, thank you for all the good days you have given us.
    Thank you for our family and friends.
    Bless the posters on this blog and help us to love each other.
    In Jesus name,
    Amen

Amen.
    How lovely.

99. NoThreat2U
    99 | August 19, 2011 9:33 pm

I hope the power we generated here tonite blows Momcat’s hair back! Just a big wave of pure positive thought and prayer.

100. Lily
    100 | August 19, 2011 9:33 pm

@ Lily:
    I felt stronger with every Hail Mary!

It was good. I told you the power that is in the Rosary….and in prayers….powerful stuff!

101. yenta-fada
    101 | August 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Rain will let us know how momcat is. Just knowing we were all praying for her health had to lift her spirits.

102. Calo
    102 | August 19, 2011 9:36 pm

@ Lily:
    Lily, it was. Used my grandmother’s Rosary -- felt her watching over my family while I prayed.

103. NoThreat2U
    103 | August 19, 2011 9:36 pm

@ Lily:
    It really is. I think somewhere along the line I lost sight of that fact. I will not make that mistake again. I have an old set of scapulars I wish I could send to Momcat. I keep those handy but am willing to part with them for a friend in need.

104. Lily
    104 | August 19, 2011 9:38 pm

@ Calo:

I need to say my Rosary more often….this was a very good thing!
    May God shine His Light on all who are sick, well and in need of hope.
    Especially for momcat and her family.

105. Lily
    105 | August 19, 2011 9:39 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Like I said sometimes we have to learn the hard way…I know I did.

106. Lily
    106 | August 19, 2011 9:40 pm

@ Lily:

You can order more online and have your priest bless them.

107. NoThreat2U
    107 | August 19, 2011 9:47 pm

@ Lily:
    Our church used to have it’s own little store…years ago. I will gladly hand over my scapulars to someone in need. But I will check online how to get another set.

@ Lily:
    Yes we do have to learn the hard way! I am seeing and understanding that more so now that I am older. Right now, I feel happy and upbeat. This has helped more than just Mom and Rain. It has spread out.

108. 108 | August 19, 2011 9:49 pm

May God bless Momcat and her family.
    Amen.

109. Dolphin
    109 | August 19, 2011 9:49 pm

@ chickadee:
    As did I. My skin tingled.

I prayed for healing of momct, strength for rol and understanding for girl.

110. Lily
    110 | August 19, 2011 9:51 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Oh indeed it has spread out! Here is a link for you …

111. chickadee
    111 | August 19, 2011 9:51 pm

@ typicalwhitey:
    Hey typicalwhitey!
    Hope all is well with you.

112. Lily
    112 | August 19, 2011 9:52 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I’m so glad….now we each have to remind each other to pray our Rosary! Duh on my part! :)

113. NoThreat2U
    113 | August 19, 2011 9:53 pm

@ Lily:
    Very nice link! Saved for further perusal. Thank you.

114. NoThreat2U
    114 | August 19, 2011 9:54 pm

@ Lily:
    LOL I thought it would feel weird doing it with these giant wooden beads. lol Actually, it was easier to keep track of my Hail Marys. lol lol I do have to invest in another set though, these wooden ones are my son’s.

115. Lily
    115 | August 19, 2011 9:55 pm

@ Lily:
    Very nice link! Saved for further perusal. Thank you.

You would not believe how much religious items I buy and have and have blessed by my priest! ;)

116. Calo
    116 | August 19, 2011 9:55 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Taken care of already NT2U.

117. NoThreat2U
    117 | August 19, 2011 9:56 pm

I just has a brilliant thought…how Jeff Foxworthy has his You Might Be A Redneck shtick…You Might Be A Catholic if…

You hang crucifixes above every doorway in your house. lol

118. Lily
    118 | August 19, 2011 9:56 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I think of my fingers as Rosary beads if I don’t have one handy….
    like in the dentist chair! LOL!

119. NoThreat2U
    119 | August 19, 2011 9:58 pm

@ Lily:
    We moved a lot when I was a kid and my parents split up. My Mother always had a priest come in to bless the new house.

@ Calo:
    Awwwww you are too kind. I hope one day I can return the kindness to you.

120. PrincessNatasha
    120 | August 19, 2011 9:58 pm

@ Lily:

Better with giant beads, you can remember stuff easier… We Orthodox have no beads, and I am keeping myself quite admirably away from making a very crude bead-joke, not addressed to you, just bead-related…

121. Lily
    121 | August 19, 2011 9:58 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I do that ….everywhere. LOL! ;)

122. PrincessNatasha
    122 | August 19, 2011 9:59 pm

I do that ….everywhere. LOL

What? Moon people?!

123. Lily
    123 | August 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Calo wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:
    Taken care of already NT2U.

You are a sweetheart…but I knew that already! :)

124. PrincessNatasha
    124 | August 19, 2011 10:01 pm

You hang crucifixes above every doorway in your house. lol

You might be a Russian Orthodox if: you chase your communion wine with vodka!

125. Lily
    125 | August 19, 2011 10:01 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

LOL!!! Hang crucifix’s over all the doors. ;)

126. PrincessNatasha
    126 | August 19, 2011 10:01 pm

I want to pick a fight with Catholics over whose church wine tastes better.

127. NoThreat2U
    127 | August 19, 2011 10:02 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    LOL I know where you are going with that. lol lol But in all seriousness, the Orthodox don’t do the Rosary? Just asking because I like to learn.

128. PrincessNatasha
    128 | August 19, 2011 10:02 pm

(Jews are out of the contest because their wine was a start to ours, so no fair!!)

129. Calo
    129 | August 19, 2011 10:02 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    Forget the wine, I want the Orthodox chaser.

130. Formercorpsman
    130 | August 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Many prayers for healing. Be strong.

131. NoThreat2U
    131 | August 19, 2011 10:04 pm

You hang crucifixes above every doorway in your house. lol
    You might be a Russian Orthodox if: you chase your communion wine with vodka!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Now it is obvious why I love you. lol lol lol

My daughter hung crucifixes up at her boyfriends house. lol

132. Lily
    132 | August 19, 2011 10:04 pm

Calo wrote:

@ PrincessNatasha:
    Forget the wine, I want the Orthodox chaser.

See that is the difference! PN!!! :) It’s the vodka.

133. PrincessNatasha
    133 | August 19, 2011 10:04 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

Not that I know of. However, there are tons of prayers for all sorts of times of day and all sorts of daily events. Best thing is, you do not have to bend over, and time does not really matter. You just address God, when you can…

134. Calo
    134 | August 19, 2011 10:05 pm

@ Calo:
    Err, that would be the vodka, not Princess.

135. Lily
    135 | August 19, 2011 10:06 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

I hang them everywhere. :)

136. NoThreat2U
    136 | August 19, 2011 10:06 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    I remember a phase the church went through. You would get the Host and a sip of wine. They don’t all do that though,,,in fact, I think it was only certain churches that did. I myself was never offered the wine.

137. PrincessNatasha
    137 | August 19, 2011 10:07 pm

You hang crucifixes above every doorway in your house. lol
    You might be a Russian Orthodox if: you chase your communion wine with vodka!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Now it is obvious why I love you. lol lol lol

My daughter hung crucifixes up at her boyfriends house. lol

Can I come by and make sure this “boyfriend” of hers is worth anything? The test will involve yelling at him like he is a bitch, making him do pushups, then carry very heavy things aimlessly up and down a steep hill? Then, I will make him cook….

138. Lily
    138 | August 19, 2011 10:08 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:

It is done here all the time.

139. Lily
    139 | August 19, 2011 10:09 pm

You hang crucifixes above every doorway in your house. lol
    You might be a Russian Orthodox if: you chase your communion wine with vodka!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Now it is obvious why I love you. lol lol lol

My daughter hung crucifixes up at her boyfriends house. lol

Don’t forget to bring a little Holy Water too! ;)

140. PrincessNatasha
    140 | August 19, 2011 10:09 pm

@ Lily:
    If the church does not offer you wine, it is not a very good church.

141. NoThreat2U
    141 | August 19, 2011 10:10 pm

For the record, Linoleum Knife prayed too.

142. Lily
    142 | August 19, 2011 10:11 pm

@ Lily:
    If the church does not offer you wine, it is not a very good church.

Yep….Body and Blood. Or as I think of White Light and Gold…

143. Lily
    143 | August 19, 2011 10:12 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

For the record, Linoleum Knife prayed too.

Yeah….and why hasn’t he been posting lately??

144. NoThreat2U
    144 | August 19, 2011 10:13 pm

@ PrincessNatasha:
    He works, but he is an ass. If she gets anything from him, she has to pay him back. That is the reason I wont send her over there with groceries. He makes over a grand per month, but she has to pay his electric. It is coming to a head….Imma have to kick his ass. When you come over this way, I will introduce him to you. Muahaahahahahahha

145. 145 | August 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Prayers for Momcat, Dadcat, and especially for the Littlecats.

146. NoThreat2U
    146 | August 19, 2011 10:14 pm

@ Lily:
    I think he has an odd work schedule. He usually posts by phone on facebook.

147. chickadee
    147 | August 19, 2011 10:16 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

For the record, Linoleum Knife prayed too.

Yeah….and why hasn’t he been posting lately??

Yeah. He’s great. Where is he?

148. Lily
    148 | August 19, 2011 10:16 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Oh that explains it….tell him hey for me!

149. mfhorn
    149 | August 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Just added Momcat to the prayer list on a Christian site I’m on.

150. Lily
    150 | August 19, 2011 10:18 pm

@ mfhorn:

Wonderful!

151. NoThreat2U
    151 | August 19, 2011 10:18 pm

@ Lily:
    Will do. He has a tendency to post pictures of giant bugs from Texas. lol lol Creeps me out. He a sweetie though.

152. Calo
    152 | August 19, 2011 10:18 pm

@ chickadee:
    LOL, he’s down the road from me now.

Imma gonna bear hug him one of these days.
    I miss him on the OOT.

153. Lily
    153 | August 19, 2011 10:20 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

We do have giant bugs even here in Louisiana!
    /he is still young….so the bug thing fits. ;)

154. NoThreat2U
    154 | August 19, 2011 10:24 pm

@ Lily:
    It is freaky though!! I’m like DUDE! What the hell kind of bug is THAT!!! He just laughs. lol

155. rain of lead
    155 | August 19, 2011 10:25 pm

wow
    just got back and read the entire thread
    I am stunned
    I have never seen such an outpouring of love and support
    this blog has such a collection of some of the greatest people
    I have ever known

I am gonna take my laptop to momcats room tomorrow and let her read this

it will blow her away

156. NoThreat2U
    156 | August 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Once he posted a picture of spiders…that were all over his yard! *shiver*

157. Lily
    157 | August 19, 2011 10:26 pm

@ rain of lead:

May God be with you and your family….and let us know how she is doing!

158. NoThreat2U
    158 | August 19, 2011 10:27 pm

@ rain of lead:
    That’s what friends are for. Hopefully it will give her strength and courage to fight. And please let the Girl know there are people out their pulling for her Mommy.

159. Calo
    159 | August 19, 2011 10:28 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Spiders are bad, but the red ants, OMG!
    The bite they leave…

160. Lily
    160 | August 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Once he posted a picture of spiders…that were all over his yard! *shiver*

Sounds like a young-un!!!

161. 161 | August 19, 2011 10:28 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

I want to pick a fight with Catholics over whose church wine tastes better.

Ours does.

It comes from Espana Y Italia!

162 | August 19, 2011 10:29 pm

1389AD:
    You are Orthodox, are you not?

about time!

163. rain of lead
    163 | August 19, 2011 10:30 pm

oh I have
    she was very impressed when I told her there were 160 comments
    on this thread

164. Lily
    164 | August 19, 2011 10:30 pm

Calo wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:
    Spiders are bad, but the red ants, OMG!
    The bite they leave…

I bet the red ants are really bad with the dry weather you guys are having. We got some rain last night! Thankfully!

165. rain of lead
    165 | August 19, 2011 10:31 pm

I think this is what it took to get her guardian angel off his(or her)
    break and back to work

166. Lily
    166 | August 19, 2011 10:32 pm

1389AD:
    You are Orthodox, are you not?

about time!

The Orthodox says the Rosary doesn’t it?

167. Lily
    167 | August 19, 2011 10:32 pm

rain of lead wrote:

I think this is what it took to get her guardian angel off his(or her)
    break and back to work

Had to call on him!

168. NoThreat2U
    168 | August 19, 2011 10:34 pm

@ Calo:
    You mean those fire ants????

@ Lily:
    LOL yeah he just takes it in stride while I cringe at the pictures. lol Brat.

169 | August 19, 2011 10:36 pm

Lily wrote:

The Orthodox says the Rosary doesn’t it?

nope.

that is straight up catholic

we have prayers for everything, where yinz would just do a rosary instead of a specific prayer.

170. Lily
    170 | August 19, 2011 10:37 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

If you didn’t freak out he would quit posting them. Yeah it works like that. ;)

171. Lily
    171 | August 19, 2011 10:37 pm

Did not know that…….

172 | August 19, 2011 10:38 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

You might be a Russian Orthodox if: you chase your communion wine with vodka!

you might be russian orthodox if halfway through easter liturgy and you go downstairs for a shot and smoke

173. Lily
    173 | August 19, 2011 10:39 pm

We have specific prayers too…..Novena’s….
    To me we are all the same when we pray…. :)

174. Lily
    174 | August 19, 2011 10:40 pm

PrincessNatasha wrote:

You might be a Russian Orthodox if: you chase your communion wine with vodka!

Catholic’s do that too….. ;)

175. savages_girl
    175 | August 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Praying for momcat too. Am still having computer problems…

176 | August 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Did not know that…….

here are some of them

also, some eastern orthodox will use a prayer rope…greeks and the like

177. rain of lead
    177 | August 19, 2011 10:41 pm

gulp
    I just looked at momcats fb page
    there are a few friend requests
    I stopped counting after 300
    be patient ya’ll this is gonna take awhile

178. NoThreat2U
    178 | August 19, 2011 10:42 pm

@ rain of lead:
    Well know this…we are here for you and Mom, and also for the Girl.

179. Lily
    179 | August 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Fitting for this thread..

180 | August 19, 2011 10:42 pm

rain of lead wrote:

gulp
    I just looked at momcats fb page
    there are a few friend requests
    I stopped counting after 300
    be patient ya’ll this is gonna take awhile

excellent!

181. NoThreat2U
    181 | August 19, 2011 10:43 pm

@ Lily:
    Yeah sometimes I think he gets a kick out of freaking me out. Although he redeemed himself by posting some pretty pictures. lol

182. Lily
    182 | August 19, 2011 10:44 pm

All I knew is we Catholic’s are not too much different than Orthodox…

183. NoThreat2U
    183 | August 19, 2011 10:45 pm

just wait until Momma has the twins…we will all be doing the breathing exercises while she is in labor. lol

184 | August 19, 2011 10:46 pm

@ Lily:

here is where ther is a differnece between catholic and orthodox, the question of the trinity

where in orthodoxy “The Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Holy Trinity, Who proceeds from the Father only.”

and in catholicism: The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and from the Son

subtle.

185. Lily
    185 | August 19, 2011 10:47 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

No kidding….we are a nice community here!!!

186 | August 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Lily wrote:

All I knew is we Catholic’s are not too much different than Orthodox…

very close.

187. NoThreat2U
    187 | August 19, 2011 10:48 pm

@ Lily:
    I can just picture us collectively breathing and pushing. lol lol lol

188 | August 19, 2011 10:48 pm

she is hoping for a c-section

189. Lily
    189 | August 19, 2011 10:48 pm

and in catholicism: The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and from the Son

subtle.

That is subtle…..

190. Lily
    190 | August 19, 2011 10:49 pm

I bet!!! :)

191. NoThreat2U
    191 | August 19, 2011 10:49 pm

@ Lily:
    I hate to bring something bad to this discussion, but honestly, can you picture the lizards gathering together regardless of faith or lack of, and doing what we did tonite for a friend? I think that speaks volumes for us.

192 | August 19, 2011 10:49 pm

this is the page i was looking for for the differnce between orthodox and catholic

193. NoThreat2U
    193 | August 19, 2011 10:51 pm

Well we will still do something. lol lol And you have to have a laptop handy and let us know the minute they get here so we can say HI! I am so excited for yinz. Shannon is tickled too. Give Momma CW our best.

194. Calo
    194 | August 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Oh no, no, no.
    Mrs CW is all on her own that day.

CW better make friends with the nurses real quick -- better living though chemistry and all.

*AND, NSAID’s are crap in labor*

195. Lily
    195 | August 19, 2011 10:52 pm

Lily wrote:

All I knew is we Catholic’s are not too much different than Orthodox…

very close.

Thanks….learned something new….yeah we are very close.

196. rain of lead
    196 | August 19, 2011 10:52 pm

jeez, the friend requests are spinning as fast as the natl debt clock
    facebook just yelled at me to slow down

197 | August 19, 2011 10:53 pm

rain of lead wrote:

jeez, the friend requests are spinning as fast as the natl debt clock
    facebook just yelled at me to slow down

*ahem*

let me try this:

GIT R DONE!

how’d i do?

198 | August 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Lily wrote:
    All I knew is we Catholic’s are not too much different than Orthodox…
    very close.

Thanks….learned something new….yeah we are very close.

you need to read this one as well

199. Lily
    199 | August 19, 2011 10:54 pm

@ Lily:

Nope…it would not be allowed. Thought the same thing actually earlier.

200 | August 19, 2011 10:55 pm

Calo wrote:

CW better make friends with the nurses real quick – better living though chemistry and all.

*AND, NSAID’s are crap in labor*

she is giving birth in the hospital she works in…one floor up.

201. NoThreat2U
    201 | August 19, 2011 10:55 pm

@ Calo:
    LOL Well can we at least be there with him in spirit? Oh and CW, if it is a c-section and you get to pick the time, I would be more than happy to host the Puti while yinz are busy.

202. yenta-fada
    202 | August 19, 2011 10:56 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

Now that’s the truth. :-) I keep thinking about what CW and the family are going to be doing night and day. We will have to send him lots of energy along with the prayers.

203. NoThreat2U
    203 | August 19, 2011 10:57 pm

@ rain of lead:
    It’s love, brother. Love and concern for your family. Find strength in that. The bigger we are, the stronger we are.

204. Calo
    204 | August 19, 2011 10:57 pm

:LOL:

‘Nuff said.

205 | August 19, 2011 10:57 pm

4 more weeks or so…

206. yenta-fada
    206 | August 19, 2011 10:58 pm

she is hoping for a c-section

Ah. Sounds reasonable to me!

207 | August 19, 2011 10:58 pm

@ yenta-fada:

all the house work is done, the bedrooms are remodeled, everything is ready. baaby-prep work has to stop anyway as i start my critical care rotation monday.

208. Lily
    208 | August 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Vatican II widened the gap….let liberalism into the Church.
    My understanding was the Church split into Roman Catholic and Orthodox.

Thanks for enlightening me …..

209. NoThreat2U
    209 | August 19, 2011 10:59 pm

@ Lily:
    I have been thinking that but didn’t want to ruin our evening. How sad is that? I prefer HERE rather than THERE. It is nice to know we can all count on one another in times of crisis.

210. rain of lead
    210 | August 19, 2011 10:59 pm

rain of lead wrote:
    jeez, the friend requests are spinning as fast as the natl debt clock
    facebook just yelled at me to slow down
    *ahem*
    let me try this:
    GIT R DONE!
    how’d i do?

well the accent was terrible
    but at least ya got the words right :)

211 | August 19, 2011 10:59 pm

she is hoping for a c-section
    Ah. Sounds reasonable to me!

one of the twins is in a breach position, that tends to indicate a c-section

212 | August 19, 2011 10:59 pm

rain of lead wrote:

rain of lead wrote:
    jeez, the friend requests are spinning as fast as the natl debt clock
    facebook just yelled at me to slow down
    *ahem*
    let me try this:
    GIT R DONE!
    how’d i do?
    well the accent was terrible
    but at least ya got the words right

i said it just like bill buckley would have said it!

213. yenta-fada
    213 | August 19, 2011 11:00 pm

Are we a flash prayer mob now? In a gooood way, of course. Like the opera singers at the food hall. Surprised by joy.

214. NoThreat2U
    214 | August 19, 2011 11:01 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    Oh yeah, plenty of prayers. All they need is a good schedule and routine. Things will work out. He is a wonderful man, not afraid to take care of his own children and she is a tough lady who will do whatever needs done. They will be fine IMO.

215. rain of lead
    215 | August 19, 2011 11:01 pm

that is an awesome description

216 | August 19, 2011 11:02 pm

Lily wrote:

Vatican II widened the gap….let liberalism into the Church.
    My understanding was the Church split into Roman Catholic and Orthodox.
    Thanks for enlightening me …..

by a thousand years ago the two churches had grown far enough apart that a split was inevitable.

217. NoThreat2U
    217 | August 19, 2011 11:02 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

I like that…flash prayer mob. Yep, when any of us needs God’s help we will all be there to back them up.

218. Lily
    218 | August 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Yep!

219. yenta-fada
    219 | August 19, 2011 11:03 pm

@ yenta-fada:

That’s pretty soon. You are going to have to find an extra hour in the day somehow.

220. rain of lead
    220 | August 19, 2011 11:04 pm

yup
    just took the girl across the street to watch some HS football
    just because she wanted to

dang, it’s tough having a girl that likes football and nascar

what’s a dad to do?

221. Lily
    221 | August 19, 2011 11:05 pm

Lily wrote:

Vatican II widened the gap….let liberalism into the Church.
    My understanding was the Church split into Roman Catholic and Orthodox.
    Thanks for enlightening me …..

I know. But I can honestly say I would feel comfortable in an Orthodox Church. Sad that happened…

222. Lily
    222 | August 19, 2011 11:06 pm

rain of lead wrote:

yup
    just took the girl across the street to watch some HS football
    just because she wanted to

dang, it’s tough having a girl that likes football and nascar

what’s a dad to do?

Have fun!!!!! :)

223. yenta-fada
    223 | August 19, 2011 11:06 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Funny how something small starts and then collects momentum. Especially when it is based on respect and faith.

224 | August 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Lily wrote:

the orhtodox church liturgy does feel very different from post vatican 2 mass.

225. NoThreat2U
    225 | August 19, 2011 11:07 pm

@ rain of lead:
    Sounds like she is gonna be a tough chick when she grows up. That’s a good thing. All a Dad can do is sit back and watch…only step in when her feelings are being hurt. Such a sweet girl. Got brains and talent. She will do just fine in life. Having a strong Daddy behind her is important too…my Dad made me who I am.

226 | August 19, 2011 11:07 pm

its gonna be tight for a while

227. yenta-fada
    227 | August 19, 2011 11:08 pm

rain of lead wrote:

that is an awesome description

Yar. :-)

228. Lily
    228 | August 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Lily wrote:

the orhtodox church liturgy does feel very different from post vatican 2 mass.

I am sure it does …. the Vatican right now is trying to get back to basics …. with Latin Masses and such.

229. Calo
    229 | August 19, 2011 11:09 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Are we a flash prayer mob now?

STOP!

I cannot stop laughing at that image Yenta.
    Yikes.

230. NoThreat2U
    230 | August 19, 2011 11:09 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    It is great. I can even go so far as to say it makes ME feel better. I really think God is smiling on us all since we all came together and did this, regardless of our faith.

231. yenta-fada
    231 | August 19, 2011 11:10 pm

its gonna be tight for a while

Yeah! I’m gonna need to know where to send a little something. Preferably before Monday because it sounds like you’re going to be vewy vewy busy out of the gate.

232 | August 19, 2011 11:11 pm

Lily wrote:

hey have allowed the serbians and croatian parishes to use their vulgate for mass here in pittsburgh.

233. yenta-fada
    233 | August 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Calo wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
    Are we a flash prayer mob now?
    STOP!
    I cannot stop laughing at that image Yenta.
    Yikes.

Now that you say it like that, it is pretty funny. lol.

234. Calo
    234 | August 19, 2011 11:13 pm

as i start my critical care rotation monday.

Enjoy it. Find the case that interests you the most.
    Plenty of learning to be done on that unit.

Also, jump in when someone else other than your patient is crashing….

235. rain of lead
    235 | August 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Ok guys jess here ima sending good thoughts and prays gonna go do prayer painting gonna seemom inmorning:)

236. Lily
    236 | August 19, 2011 11:14 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Didn’t matter what church we go to…..it was the fact we all believed in God. We all have faith in God. That is what happened.
    We all sent prayers to God to heal momcat and that is wonderful.

237. rain of lead
    237 | August 19, 2011 11:15 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

the girl and I are both logged in to momcats FB page
    I popped back in to see what was going on
    and saw she has been answering posts
    jeez that hung me up

{huh, what,? who’s doing thaa…..
    oh,ok hope she ….

238 | August 19, 2011 11:15 pm

whatchya sending?

fortunately, the rotation is m-w so i am off from wednesady afternoon to monday morning.

there is studying and the like to do, but there are 96 hours to ‘get r done’. no time for procrastination

239. NoThreat2U
    239 | August 19, 2011 11:15 pm

@ rain of lead:
    Hang in there sweetie and know you are all in our prayers.

240. rain of lead
    240 | August 19, 2011 11:16 pm

crap now she’s doing it to me here

241. Lily
    241 | August 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Is that good right?

242. NoThreat2U
    242 | August 19, 2011 11:17 pm

@ rain of lead:
    Please give the Girl a big cyber hug from me to her.

243 | August 19, 2011 11:17 pm

Calo wrote:

as i start my critical care rotation monday.
    Enjoy it. Find the case that interests you the most.
    Plenty of learning to be done on that unit.
    Also, jump in when someone else other than your patient is crashing….

i am looking forward to this rotation.

its 2 days a week for 6 weeks then on to maternity…then mental health…peeds…you know the drill

244. orangecrush
    244 | August 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Added momcat to a prayer list i work with.

245. NoThreat2U
    245 | August 19, 2011 11:19 pm

@ Lily:
    THIS was truly what interfaith means. The major premise is that our prayers all go to God. We are not differentiating ourselves from one another..Catholic or Orthodox or Jewish. In fact, I think this makes our prayer even stronger with us all coming together with a common goal.

246. Lily
    246 | August 19, 2011 11:19 pm

@ orangecrush:

Wonderful!!!!! :)

247 | August 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Is that good right?

it is, it reconnects the parishes back to their founding members through their language. i am working on a post about a croatian catholic church in pgh that does a mass a month in croatian. it is an architecture saturday lecture as well.

248. Lily
    248 | August 19, 2011 11:21 pm

@ Lily:

Amen!!!! That is what it is all about…because God loves us all not just certain ones!

249. orangecrush
    249 | August 19, 2011 11:21 pm

@ 229 Calo: Flash prayer mob is a good concept. The internet is good for it. I think you will find people start to take that up now. Just watch the news the next few months.

250. Lily
    250 | August 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Is that good right?

Wonderful! I knew the Vatican was getting back to basics….

251 | August 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Lily wrote:

Wonderful! I knew the Vatican was getting back to basics….

you can thank pope benedict for that.

252. 252 | August 19, 2011 11:27 pm

@ Lily:

We have prayer ropes with knots, that some people use for reciting the Jesus Prayer. I often recite that prayer, but I don’t use prayer ropes normally.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner.

253. yenta-fada
    253 | August 19, 2011 11:28 pm

orangecrush wrote:

And the Blogmocracy can say ‘we did that’. :-)

254. Lily
    254 | August 19, 2011 11:28 pm

255. Lily
    255 | August 19, 2011 11:29 pm

orangecrush wrote:

And the Blogmocracy can say ‘we did that’.

With all our hearts!!!!!

256. yenta-fada
    256 | August 19, 2011 11:30 pm

whatchya sending?

Not telling.

257. Lily
    257 | August 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Lily wrote:

Wonderful! I knew the Vatican was getting back to basics….

you can thank pope benedict for that.

Yes it is him who is trying to move the Church back to it’s roots.

258. 258 | August 19, 2011 11:30 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Flash prayer mob! That’d be a wonderful antidote, so to speak, for civil unrest and violence, or natural disasters. Whenever anything bad starts up, we get together online and pray!

259. Lily
    260 | August 19, 2011 11:33 pm

@ 1389AD:

Yes it is. The world always needs more prayer! So does our country..

260. Prebanned
    261 | August 19, 2011 11:34 pm

1389AD wrote:

yenta-fada wrote:

That would scare people worse than the TEA party!

261. NoThreat2U
    262 | August 19, 2011 11:34 pm

I eagerly await that post. Really, I do. I remember one Catholic Church in Beaver Falls did it’s service in Polish. That was interesting. If it were for all the sit down stand up kneel, I wouldn’t have known what was going on. lol I remember one priest we had when I was a teenager. A lot of the older folks didn’t like him because he was actually friendly, not stern. I credit him with making me believe in exorcism. He participated in a few of them when he served elsewhere. He was always willing to explain things to us in CCD classes.

262. Lily
    263 | August 19, 2011 11:35 pm

@ Prebanned:

LOL!!!!!! Yeah it would. But only some. ;)

264 | August 19, 2011 11:35 pm

hmmmm….

well rodan/m/ have my address…you can email the blog and get it form them

264. NoThreat2U
    265 | August 19, 2011 11:37 pm

@ 1389AD:
    Maybe each poster here, by Saturday night, can come up with a personal prayer for our Sunday reflections post. It doesn’t have to be a recognized prayer, just something from each of us, so inclined, can contribute to? In fact, I am willing to go first if anyone is interested.

265. Lily
    266 | August 19, 2011 11:40 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

The video I posted….says …… HERE WE ARE LORD!!

266. yenta-fada
    267 | August 19, 2011 11:51 pm

hmmmm….
    well rodan/m/ have my address…you can email the blog and get it form them

Just asked Rodan for it. (whenever he checks his mail)

268 | August 19, 2011 11:55 pm

hmmmm….
    well rodan/m/ have my address…you can email the blog and get it form them
    Just asked Rodan for it. (whenever he checks his mail)

i’ll let him handle it, so it can be a surprise!

268. Lost
    269 | August 20, 2011 7:25 am

Very best wishes to Momcat and family.

Psalm 121.

269. rain of lead
    270 | August 20, 2011 8:53 am

thank you all from the bottom of our hearts
    momcat is on a long road to recovery and we are blessed to have friends who are full of such love and support

again