Holder’s New Defense: “They sent me memos, but I didn’t read them.”

by lobo91 ( 22 Comments › )
Filed under Breaking News, Headlines, Mexico, Second Amendment at October 8th, 2011 - 6:42 am

Now that he’s been proven to have lied to Congress about having been briefed on the criminal conspiracy known as Operation Fast & Furious, our illustrious Attorney General has come up with a new excuse: He says that he never actualy read the weekly memos that were sent to his office beginning last summer.

CBS News reports:

In a letter to Congress, Attorney General Eric Holder has gone on the record with the most details yet about what he and other Justice Department officials knew about ATF’s Fast and Furious operation, even though memos surfaced earlier this week showing multiple briefing memos mentioning Fast and Furious were sent to him as early as July of last year.

Holder says that his testimony to Congress, stating he first heard of Fast and Furious earlier this year, “was truthful and accurate… I have no recollection of knowing about Fast and Furious prior to the public controversy about it.”

In his letter, Holder also criticized the House Committee investigating Fast and Furious, saying he cannot sit idly by “as law enforcement and government employees who devote their lives to protecting our citizens be considered ‘accessories to murder’.”

Holder maintains he didn’t know about the controversial gunwalking tactics used in the case.

The Attorney General says that while he was sent received memos on Fast and Furious, they are “actually provided to and reviewed by members of my staff and the staff of the Office of the Deputy Attorney General.”

As CBS News has reported, the Deputy Attorney General during Fast and Furious, Gary Grindler is now Holder’s Chief of Staff. Documents provided to Congress indicate Grindler received a detailed briefing on Fast and Furious in March of 2010 and made handwritten notes on briefing materials.

Leave it to Holder to come up with a defense even more pathetic than “It depends on the meaning of ‘is’.”

Comments

22 Responses to “Holder’s New Defense: “They sent me memos, but I didn’t read them.””

1. 1 | October 8, 2011 6:55 am

This Major League Asshole needs to go!

2 | October 8, 2011 6:56 am

Macker wrote:

This Major League Asshole needs to go!

But Obama says he has “full confidence” in him.

Which says more about Obama than it does about Holder, actually…

3. 3 | October 8, 2011 7:03 am

They are BOTH Filthy Communist Bastards!

4. mfhorn
    4 | October 8, 2011 7:34 am

I might buy the ‘I didn’t read the memo’ defense if this was just routine, day to day stuff. But an A.G. who fails to keep informed about a major operation like this needs to go. I’d say he’s either inept or a lying sack of crap.

5. 5 | October 8, 2011 8:01 am

Holder needs to be in front of a Federal Court for all charges short of Treason!

One or two more facts come out and I may include that!!!! :)

6 | October 8, 2011 8:07 am

Only a Democrat could use “I’m not corrupt, I’m just incompetent” as a defense.

7. 7 | October 8, 2011 8:15 am

That is exactly what I thought about it. It is unblievable, but then this is the party that has parsed the word “is” before.

8. mfhorn
    8 | October 8, 2011 8:29 am

Only a Democrat could successfully use “I’m not corrupt, I’m just incompetent” as a defense.

FIFY

A Republican would be excoriated mercilessly for the years for trying the same thing.

9. mfhorn
    9 | October 8, 2011 8:30 am

mfhorn wrote:

FIFY

D’oh! PIMF

10. John Difool
    10 | October 8, 2011 8:32 am

Looks like Holder and Obama are going to need the services of one Sandy Berger before January of 2013.

This guy will have so many documents stuffed in his pockets coming and going to the burn barrel he’ll look like the Stay Puft marshmallow man.

11. 11 | October 8, 2011 8:48 am

@ John Difool:
    Who will the new “Sandy Burglar” be I wonder!

12. John Difool
    12 | October 8, 2011 8:51 am

AZOlddog wrote:

@ John Difool:
    Who will the new “Sandy Burglar” be I wonder!

Perhaps Debbie Waffen-SS Schultz. Those teeth of hers kind of remind me of a wood chipper.

13. 13 | October 8, 2011 8:56 am

Thread Winner! I have to imagine documents in her mouth rather than other things! SHUDDER

14. Prebanned
    14 | October 8, 2011 8:57 am

Only a Democrat could use “I’m not corrupt, I’m just incompetent” as a defense.

He is really not that corrupt for a Democrat.
    We are losing sight of the objective which was to subvert the Constitution by creating a problem with US sourced firearms in the hands of Mexican drug cartels thereby providing an excuse for subverting the cons…. er gun control.
    See, it’s not that bad.

15. mfhorn
    15 | October 8, 2011 9:20 am

OT

Obama ‘Regulations are an excuse to charge customers more

16. 16 | October 8, 2011 2:13 pm

@ Prebanned:

I have a feeling something like the following could happen:
    1. Холдер resigns.
    2. Обама Pardons Холдер and anyone involved who also steps down.
    The Left always accuses Nixon and Ford of doing the same thing, which is, of course BULL-SHIT. Don’t put it past them!

17. orangecrush
    17 | October 8, 2011 2:37 pm

But Holder is telling everyone he knows best.

Holder showed absolute disdain for Congress, New York and the will of the American people — really, for anyone who disagrees with him. Declaring that he knows better than anyone, he continued to ignore the opposition of Americans and of their duly elected representatives, the US Congress, to the idea of a New York City trial.

18. orangecrush
    18 | October 8, 2011 2:39 pm

Holder has the an affirmative action type of intelligence. He thinks he is so smart that he knows better than everyone else, but he never works hard to get all his ducks in a row. He is laden with ignorance. He wants to be smart on law but dumb on selling guns. I don’t think he can be wise and have it both ways. Doesnt work like that

19. yenta-fada
    19 | October 8, 2011 3:24 pm

orangecrush wrote:

Good assessment of Holder! However, as I keep saying, it DOES work like that in this administration. They are crooks. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure this one out. It’s the only possible conclusion.

20. yenta-fada
    20 | October 8, 2011 3:25 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Blech. I ‘heart’ dead threads./

21. yenta-fada
    21 | October 8, 2011 3:56 pm

“I smoked marijuana, but I didn’t inhale.”

22. Lily
    22 | October 8, 2011 6:00 pm

I don’t believe a word Holder says about this…..someone had to give the go ahead…and know about it. It is just mind numbing.