A Tale Of Two States.

by Flyovercountry ( 105 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at January 13th, 2012 - 11:30 am

Political Cartoons by Steve Kelley

2011 was a tumultuous year. Following the complete GOP sweep in the 2010 midterms, those who won election had the actual temerity to govern in the exact manner that they had promised while campaigning. Promises were made to finally put a halt to the thuggish behavior of the public sector unions that were bankrupting Ohio and Wisconsin. The Unions did not take that lying down at all. The usual suspects gathered in those states and declared war against the citizens there. The results of who won and who lost were mixed, as were the consequences of those victories and losses. this essay is not about who won or lost the battles per say, but who won and who lost in terms of the consequences of those battles.

First, We’ll look at Wisconsin. After pulling out what we believed were all the stops there, including riotous behavior in the state capitol, legislators fleeing the state, $22 Million in advertising, recall elections, threats of violence, and even school children being sent home with propaganda to pass to their parents, Scott Walker balanced Wisconsin’s budget by reigning in the out of control money laundering operation known as the public sector unions. As a consequence of this, Wisconsin’s news papers are filled with stories of school districts who believed that they would be forced to make massive layoffs suddenly in the black again, saving many high paying jobs. There are stories all over Wisconsin of Police and Fire Departments who now have the money to meet payrolls for the first time in years. The private sector in Wisconsin is showing real growth for the first time in decades. All of this, despite the promise that the little folk in Wisconsin would be hung out to dry if the evil Republicans were allowed to instill a little of some long missing economic freedom into the state.

Next we have Ohio, my home state.  After losing in Wisconsin, the unions spent over $32 Million in Ohio.  The pro freedom side spent all of $7 Million.  We were defeated, and the unions were able to pass a resolution which said basically, we were not able to slow down the current of money being laundered through the public sector unions.  So, while our budget has also been balanced, the consequences have been vastly different.  Well, These are the news stories which have been cropping up all over the Buckeye State.  Police and Fire Departments all over the state have been forced to make hard decisions and lay off what amounts to thousands around the State.  School districts all over Ohio have been forced to lay off teachers, teacher aids, and other support personnel in order to live within their means.

So where are those of you from Ohio who voted against issue two?  You voted supposedly to help save the middle class, and you ended up hurting the very people you were suckered into believing you would be helping.  What will you do to rectify your idiocy?  One of my pet peeves with the liberals of this country is that they never stick around to clean up after their messes.  They get DDT banned and 50 Million people die as a result.  Then they make commercials whining about how we should do more to stop Malaria in Africa, a pestilence which they themselves created.  They pass the Community Reinvestment Act and our national economy reaches the brink of collapse.  They then blame the Free Market System and in the ensuing crisis pass a law which chokes any chance for economic growth while giving more power to the Community Reinvestment Act in order to further screw us.  Now, they have weakened our position to deal with the runaway choke hold the public sector unions have on our ability to control our spending, and thousands from the middle class lose their jobs around the State of Ohio.  So much for helping the downtrodden little guy.

All the attacks on SB5 and issue two truly were, was a desperate attempt by the overly powerful unions to keep their money spigots turned on full.  We heard plenty from you libs before the election about how we could only prevent layoffs if we voted to give you the money that we did not have to help you fund your chicanery.  Now that we can prove that the opposite is in fact true, will you be returning those funds to the rest of us?  Will you ever take responsibility for your own messes?

Cross Posted at Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

105 Responses to “A Tale Of Two States.”

1. 1 | January 13, 2012 11:36 am

Public employee unions should have never been allowed to form. They are just a way for a block of voters to extort money from the public treasury.

2. 2 | January 13, 2012 11:43 am

Look at this. Obama is moving to Romney’s Right!

President Barack Obama announced on Friday that he will ask Congress for greater power to shrink the federal government, and his first idea is merging six sprawling trade and commerce agencies whose overlapping programs can be baffling to businesses

3. 3 | January 13, 2012 11:47 am

Yeah, I saw that! Unfucking believable! We’ll run a Leftist Republican, and Obama will portray himself as the moderate. This is a winning strategy for the Republicans? I’ve given up hope of the presidency. I just want to hold the House and take the Senate. That will be a start.

4. 4 | January 13, 2012 11:51 am

Watch Obama flank Romney on Guns. Although we know Obama would love to have more restrictions, he hasn’t done any since he’s President. Romney as governor put more restrictions and raised taxes on gun purchases.

I just want to hold the House and take the Senate. That will be a start.

Agreed it will take 3 elections. Our best shot at having a Conservative will be 2016. But will it be worth it?

5. 5 | January 13, 2012 11:54 am

I think America is headed for a large-scale restructuring. We are going bankrupt, and Obama is accellerating us on that course. But President Romney wouldn’t stop us from going there, he’d just slow the pace a little. I don;t have any long-term hope. I just want to get my own house in order to weather the coming storm. Oh, my fucking house finally sold. We still have inspections and shit to go through, but it is finally going to be off my neck. I lost a boatload of money in it, though.

6 | January 13, 2012 12:00 pm

even fdr warned about public sector unions.

you can thank jfk for this mess

7. 7 | January 13, 2012 12:01 pm

At least its off your shoulders.

I am preparing for the worse as well.

8. 8 | January 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Good luck with all the final stuff on the sale!

9 | January 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Good luck with all the final stuff on the sale!

ughhhh…that is THE worst part of the process.

10. 10 | January 13, 2012 12:12 pm

I’ve never been terribly impressed with Saint JFK.

11. 11 | January 13, 2012 12:13 pm

@ Mike C.:

Thanks! I can’t wait. We have a raft of inspections we have to get through. I guess it will take a month. I can’t wait!

12 | January 13, 2012 12:17 pm

I’ve never been terribly impressed with Saint JFK.

me neither, i dont understand how the beatles were so popular either, but i wanst alive then, so i dunno.

13. 13 | January 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Try The Rutles instead! 8)

14. citizen_q
    14 | January 13, 2012 12:19 pm

For my part I know obama to be a serial liar. Furthermore what he says and does are often at odds.

I bet obama’s approach will be growing government in order to make it smaller.

15. 15 | January 13, 2012 12:19 pm

See my #2. Obama is planning on running to Romney’s Right.

16. 16 | January 13, 2012 12:20 pm

@ citizen_q:

It’s a gimmick. But when you have a Progressive set to be the GOP’s nominee He can do this.

17. 18 | January 13, 2012 12:23 pm

@ citizen_q:

You and I know we can’t trust him, but the majority of Americans like the motherfucker. They will give him the best possible hearing on just about anything. That is why none of his scandals have really gone anywhere.

19 | January 13, 2012 12:28 pm

See my #2. Obama is planning on running to Romney’s Right.

like we talked about yesterday: he will flank romney on guns as well. that is probably who 0 never went after gun rights overtly

20 | January 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Macker wrote:

Try The Rutles instead!

who?

i’ll have to look that one up

20. 21 | January 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Absolutely.@ Iron Fist:

Usually, some of the inspections are pro forma. But, depending on where you live, some of them can be a damned nightmare. You don’t have to deal with that radon nonsense, I hope?

22 | January 13, 2012 12:31 pm

@ Mike C.:

we get whacked up here on basement walls/foundations because everyone has a basement (because all houses need large furnaces).

22. 23 | January 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Most of the gun grabbers got relatively quiet after Heller and McDonald. They’re trying to keep a low profile for the moment.

23. 24 | January 13, 2012 12:33 pm

@ Mike C.:

Nope, no radon. I am having to have an elevation assessment done to ensure I am not in a flood plain. That will cost me $500. I have to have the roof inspected for an insurance claim. We had a really bad hailstorm in April. I am hoping there is no damage, but I only have a $1300 deductible, so if they have to replace the roof, I can swing it. It has been an utter mess for me, though.

24. 25 | January 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Wish I had a basement, but this would be a lousy site for one.

25. 26 | January 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Hunh. Here you can’t buy a home at all if the flood plain isn’t marked on the plat (assuming your house is in one) and they all had to be done when the home was built.

Had to put a new roof on the OKC house last year. No, wait -- I put one on THIS house last year. Put one on the OKC house the year before.

27 | January 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Mike C. wrote:

Wish I had a basement, but this would be a lousy site for one.

problem up here is you have to have one for the furnace, so if you live where water runs into your basement, you become an expert at sump pumps, dehumidifiers, and french drains, often though its just a perpetual damp basement.

for the first time ever (15 years), i have a damp basement, we live on top of the hill. we had so much rain and snow over the past year the water had no where to go

27. 28 | January 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Obama actually campaigned to the right of John McCain in 2008 as well. He of course meant none of it. This is part of why he won. The difference this time around though is that he has an actual record to look at. Do not give up the faith, not yet. We can defeat this boob, and I personally can not wait for these people to be gone.

Keep positive!
    Keep Working!
    Keep the faith!

29 | January 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Mike C. wrote:

its a tactical retreat at best. i expect some action from the soon.

29. 30 | January 13, 2012 12:39 pm

I replaced my sump last year. That hole in the floor has not seen the water level rise beyond a full 2ft. from the top since.

30. citizen_q
    31 | January 13, 2012 12:39 pm

but the majority of Americans like the motherfucker.

That is what I can’t get. By every measure I would judge a person he fails. He is a liar and demonstrates alarming and dangerous character pathologies. He will betray anyone for political advantage. I won’t forget the typical white person remark about his grandmother, the person who contributed greatly to his upbringing, or the fact he left her cold body on a slab for months after she passed away. He treats his own blood that way, what will do to others?

I could go on, I am sure we are on the same page here. He is a person I would studiously avoid, so I don’t get people saying they like him. My last straw in that is that like the emperor having no clothes are so many so frightened of being called a racist for admitting what is obvious by looking in his eyes, the way he behaves, sneers of contempt for those who disagree, the ruinous policies he advocates, etc… that he is a bad seed?

31. 32 | January 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Don’t forget Fast & Furious. Obama was working for gun control by other methods. I expect something from him if he is re-elected, but not before the election. He wants to fool the most people he can. I am quite worried that he will win. He will be a most formidable candidate.

33 | January 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Consequently, also good at ditch-digging!!

34 | January 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Don’t forget Fast & Furious.

like i said ‘overt’ action…

34. 35 | January 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Macker wrote:
    Try The Rutles instead!

who?
    i’ll have to look that one up

36 | January 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

see what i mean? sump pump experts!

37 | January 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Consequently, also good at ditch-digging!!

dont remind me…and expert at gravel types to put in the drains…

38 | January 13, 2012 12:44 pm

bbl…gotta go to lowes and give that fine company some of my $$$

38. 39 | January 13, 2012 12:44 pm

40 | January 13, 2012 12:45 pm

Dad -- “Why rent a ditch-witch when I have this perfectly good teenage boy?”

40. 41 | January 13, 2012 12:48 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Dad – “Why rent a ditch-witch when I have this perfectly good teenage boy?”

Have you ever seen a teenage boy dig a ditch? Better off getting the ditch witch… :razz:

42 | January 13, 2012 12:53 pm

Maybe that’s why my lazy-ass little brother never had to do anything…

Ah, trailblazing…

42. 43 | January 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Somebody needs to start a fight, or the comment count on this thread is going to be pathetic… 8O

43. 44 | January 13, 2012 1:03 pm

O.K., your breath stinks and I hate the Beatles.

45 | January 13, 2012 1:06 pm

“I’ll never vote for Mitt Romney.”

There -- that should do it…

45. CynicalConservative
    46 | January 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Your cologne is stinking up the blog. :-)

/lurk

46. Runner
    47 | January 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks for posting the Rutles stuff. Awesome!

47. 48 | January 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Mike C. wrote:
    its a tactical retreat at best. i expect some action from the soon.

You can bet money on that prediction. But we have them on the run at the moment -- gun sales and state laws, especially CCW laws, prove that beyond a doubt.

49 | January 13, 2012 1:11 pm

Watch out for the crafty wimmins!!!

Yonder Mountain String Band performs “Steep Grade, Sharp Curves,” at the Fillmore in Denver, CO 12-31-2005 with special guests Bela Fleck and Darol Anger. Brought to you by Less Than Face Productions.

50 | January 13, 2012 1:24 pm

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

51 | January 13, 2012 1:36 pm

@ Bumr50:
    Fall asleep and land your head on the keyboard?

51. yenta-fada
    52 | January 13, 2012 1:41 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! Now that won’t be draining your resources every month. We all make mistakes with our money. Sometimes we end up paying for the mistakes of others. I’m just glad you have less pressure on you.

52. yenta-fada
    53 | January 13, 2012 1:48 pm

My Boston friend, the Obama-maniac, still thinks he is wonderful. However she is now saying he has surrounded himself with bad advisors. That means, while she deflects the blame, she sees that this government is FAILING. That gives me great hope because she is Alinsky/Kennedy School trained. It is a BIG shift. The Republicans need to hammer on ‘The buck stops at Obama’s feet on the desk of the Oval Office.’

54 | January 13, 2012 1:48 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Flatlined thread.

Do dead threads dream?

54. 55 | January 13, 2012 1:51 pm

@ Bumr50:

I was just talking with a Liberal co-worker. He was bragging that Republicans are about to nominate one of his own. he said Obama has become toxic, but laid the foundation of a Progressive state. He said Romney will manage that Progressive state efficiently and will throw Conservatives under the bus. His own words: “Romney is one of us, he’s a Progressives!” He kept saying how Romney will end the tea Party and make the GOP a sane Progressive party.

I couldn’t disagree.

56 | January 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Boehner is being a Boehner again and following dear leader’s example of running around congress(aka tea party caucus)

When’s Boehner up for reelection?

56. yenta-fada
    57 | January 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ waldensianspirit:
    Flatlined thread.
    Do dead threads dream?

Hey, I’m churning out comments here. Not my fault if they’re uninteresting./
    Thread killerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

57. 58 | January 13, 2012 1:51 pm

@ yenta-fada:

It’s like the Russians who made excuses for Stalin. I’m sure he didn’t know about it, many said.

58. 59 | January 13, 2012 1:52 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

This year.

60 | January 13, 2012 1:55 pm

When Boehner informed his caucus of his decision in a conference telephone call, rank-and-file members’ phone lines were muted in an effort to quell dissent.

Yeeeaaaa! Obama like!!!

60. yenta-fada
    61 | January 13, 2012 1:55 pm

h/t small dead animals. Dennis Prager does a brilliant 2 minute analysis of why “social justice” is complete bullshit language.

61. 62 | January 13, 2012 1:56 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

The entire House is up for reelection every two years.

63 | January 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Any Tea Party challenger?

63. yenta-fada
    64 | January 13, 2012 1:58 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Pretty good analogy. However, I think the economy will sink Obama before the election. Downgrading of European nations will hit American markets. All it takes is someone to yell “Fire”. People are already spooked.

64. yenta-fada
    65 | January 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

@ waldensianspirit:
    Flatlined thread.
    Do dead threads dream?

They dream of sheeple.

66 | January 13, 2012 1:59 pm

@ Mike C.:
    Ah, we only hear about the contested ones

66. 67 | January 13, 2012 2:00 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Not that I know that.

67. 68 | January 13, 2012 2:01 pm

@ yenta-fada:

It just sucks his replacement will be a Progressive.

We are doooomed ™!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68. spinmore
    69 | January 13, 2012 2:01 pm

LTC West comments on Marine Corp ‘Tinkle-Gate’

69. spinmore
    70 | January 13, 2012 2:02 pm

@ spinmore:
    ‘Corps’

70. CynicalConservative
    71 | January 13, 2012 2:02 pm

@ waldensianspirit:
    I think so; I posted a link about a week ago, but I can’t find it.

/lurk

72 | January 13, 2012 2:04 pm

@ spinmore:
    West is so good!

72. spinmore
    73 | January 13, 2012 2:06 pm

@ waldensianspirit:
    “As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.” -- West

he’s the shit

73. 74 | January 13, 2012 2:08 pm

@ spinmore:

I wish he was running!

74. yenta-fada
    75 | January 13, 2012 2:08 pm

@ yenta-fada:
    It just sucks his replacement will be a Progressive.
    We are doooomed ™!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing is worse than an Obama/Holder repeat. Truly. Voting out Democrats in Congress will help too.

75. 76 | January 13, 2012 2:09 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Thanks! We still have to jump through the hoops, but these are pre-qualified buyers. Get this: after having the house on the market for two years, I got two offers within thirty minutes of each other. We were able to bid them against each other, and I wound up getting more than my asking price! Thank God! I can hardly believe it! It is still going to cost us a pile of cash to get out from under, but I will have that parasite off my neck!

76. spinmore
    77 | January 13, 2012 2:09 pm

@ spinmore:

I wish he was running!

i know . . . don’t remind me :)

77. yenta-fada
    78 | January 13, 2012 2:10 pm

spinmore wrote:

LTC West comments on Marine Corp ‘Tinkle-Gate’

I would bet that most military people will agree with West.

78. yenta-fada
    79 | January 13, 2012 2:11 pm

:-) :-) :-)

79. 80 | January 13, 2012 2:11 pm

@ spinmore:

West is the man! I wish he were our Presidential candidate. Then I could vote with a clean conscience. As is, no matter who it is I will have strong reservations about them. I have decided I’ll vote for Gingrich, though. At least he seems to get the concept that Politics is War.

80. 81 | January 13, 2012 2:11 pm

@ spinmore:

Please God, let him continue to speak for the millions of Americans who are tired of the FCTM™ putting words into our brains!

81. 82 | January 13, 2012 2:12 pm

@ yenta-fada:

That’s probably why he advocates Article 15 for these Marines.

83 | January 13, 2012 2:13 pm

I like how West worked in part of their punishment is to sing without a teleprompter!

:mrgreen:

83. m
    84 | January 13, 2012 2:14 pm

@ spinmore:

OH MY GOD THAT WAS GREAT! LOL!

84. 85 | January 13, 2012 2:14 pm

That is disturbing. Yeah, Romney is the proggies’ wildest dream. He can push their adgenda in a “bipartisan” manner. We are doomed. But I don’t think he’ll beat Obama, anyway.

85. 86 | January 13, 2012 2:15 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Not as worse, but its not better. America is finished. Look Obama needs to go, but this is a case of replacing Maoists with Stalinists.

We are still screwed.

As for the GOP Congress, they will roll over for Romney.

We are screwed and I have accepted our fate. You can’t stop the wheels of history. America is a Progressive nation and there’s nothing I can do about it.

86. m
    87 | January 13, 2012 2:15 pm

@ yenta-fada:

And add- don’t film it!

87. spinmore
    88 | January 13, 2012 2:15 pm

this daddy’s #2 baby is headed to Benning in three (count ‘em) three weeks to begin the process of becoming an Airborne Ranger.

i pray ever day that we will gain (as i’ve watched West say on several youtube vids) ‘pricipled leadership in Washington’

. . . today’s kids are as good as ANY generation -- they deserve Real Leaders if we are going to send them to do our country’s dirty-work

89 | January 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Romney is he wins will have a tiger by its tail. It won’t work the way he’ll try for 3 years

89. 90 | January 13, 2012 2:16 pm

I agree.

90. 91 | January 13, 2012 2:18 pm

@ m:

Exactly!

91. 92 | January 13, 2012 2:19 pm

New thread.

92. NoThreat2U
    93 | January 13, 2012 2:19 pm

Second ATF Gun-Running Program Under Investigation For Losing Track of Weapons, Operation “White Gun”…

(LA Times) — In the late summer of 2010, the ATF agent leading the failed Fast and Furious gun-smuggling operation in Arizona flew to Mexico City to help coordinate cross-border investigations of U.S. weapons used by Mexican drug cartels.

Hope A. MacAllister wanted access to police and military vaults for American weapons recovered by Mexican authorities in raids and at crime scenes. She especially was interested in firearms from another ATF investigation, code-named White Gun, that she was running.

Now members of Congress who have spent months scrutinizing the Fast and Furious debacle are seeking to determine whether White Gun was another weapons investigation gone wrong.

“Apparently guns got away again,” said one source close to the investigation, led by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Vista) and Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa). “How many got into Mexico, who knows?”

@WZ

93. 94 | January 13, 2012 2:21 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

We neeed to focus on taking the legislature and State legislatures. We need to even focus on local school boards and such. We need a grass-roots conservative revolution, and we need to put in place the local and regional structures that will have to take over when Fedzilla collapses. There is oppertunity here, if we play our cards right. This is a generational struggle. We aren’t going to have a couple of good elections and then go home. We have to take a long-term approach. The Progressives have been working their way through the system for 50 years (a hundred years, really). We can’ texpect to defeat them in a brief spring campaign.

94. 95 | January 13, 2012 2:23 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

They did it on purpose. Off course the press will, not say shit.

Obama could kill someone on TV and the media would defend him.

95. 96 | January 13, 2012 2:24 pm

The Progressives control both Parties. That’s why we need to focus on the lower levels.

96. spinmore
    97 | January 13, 2012 2:24 pm

school boards and such (talk about needing to drain the swamp) wow

98 | January 13, 2012 2:26 pm

ht weaselzipper

98. 99 | January 13, 2012 2:33 pm

@ spinmore:

yup.

100 | January 13, 2012 2:36 pm

spinmore wrote:

this daddy’s #2 baby is headed to Benning in three (count ‘em) three weeks

ahhhh…’ft beginning’! :lol:

congrats to you and your son.

100. CynicalConservative
    101 | January 13, 2012 2:43 pm

@ waldensianspirit:
    Boehner to Face GOP Primary Challenger

/lurk

101. spinmore
    102 | January 13, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks C.W. (i’m so proud -- and he hasn’t even left)

he signed back at the end of his school year and got a ‘Ranger slot’
    OSUT (14wks)
    then jump school (i think 2.5 weeks)
    then RASP (Ranger Assesment Phase)

WE will have a couple of your special brews when he graduates :D

103 | January 13, 2012 2:47 pm

@ CynicalConservative:

103. 104 | January 13, 2012 2:50 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

I’m going to send him money.

105 | January 13, 2012 3:08 pm

spinmore wrote:

Thanks C.W. (i’m so proud – and he hasn’t even left)
    he signed back at the end of his school year and got a ‘Ranger slot’
    OSUT (14wks)
    then jump school (i think 2.5 weeks)
    then RASP (Ranger Assesment Phase)
    WE will have a couple of your special brews when he graduates

excellent!