‘Creature Comforts’ at the Zoo pre-OOT.

by coldwarrior ( 27 Comments › )
Filed under Open thread at February 15th, 2012 - 7:00 pm

The following video is from Nick Park’s Aardman company it won an Oscar and really launched his career. It’s very funny, please check it out. The Brazilian Puma is my favorite.

For those of you who are not familiar with Nick Park/Aardman:  The Aardman Titles are listed here

In 1985, Nick Park joined the staff of Aardman Animations in Bristol, where he worked as an animator on commercial products (including the video for Peter Gabriel‘s “Sledgehammer“, where he worked on the dance scene involving oven-ready chickens). He also had a part in animating the Pee-wee’s Playhouse which featured Paul Reubens. Along with all this, he had finally completed A Grand Day Out, and with that in post-production, he made Creature Comforts as his contribution to a series of shorts called “Lip Synch”. Creature Comforts matched animated zoo animals with a soundtrack of people talking about their homes. The two films were nominated for a host of awards. A Grand Day Out beat Creature Comforts for the BAFTA award, but it was Creature Comforts that won Park his first Oscar.

In 1990 Park worked alongside advertising agency GGK to develop a series of highly acclaimed television advertisements for the “Heat Electric” campaign. The Creature Comforts advertisements are now regarded as among the best advertisements ever shown on British television, as voted (independently) by viewers of the UK’s main commercial channels ITV[4] and Channel 4.[5]“

Tags: , ,

Comments

27 Responses to “‘Creature Comforts’ at the Zoo pre-OOT.”

1 | February 15, 2012 7:15 pm

“And we like eh fresh meat!”

2 | February 15, 2012 7:22 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

“And we like eh fresh meat!”

i get a laugh every time i watch this. there are more vids for later posts. funny stuff

3. mawskrat
    3 | February 15, 2012 8:19 pm

are yinzers like crazed country rebels

jus askin?

4. mawskrat
    4 | February 15, 2012 8:26 pm

Moonshine Bandits -- Get Loose

5 | February 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Formerly Reliable Liberal Alan Derschowitz: I Vow I Will Not Vote For Any Candidate With Any Direct Association With the Anti-Semitic, Nazi-Friendly Media Matters

It’s going to seem a little weird and scary at first, but it will also be thrilling and ultimately liberating. --Ace

Hee hee

6. 6 | February 15, 2012 9:12 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

He’s been shifting Right for a while now. He defended the Catholic Church 2 years ago.

7. 7 | February 15, 2012 9:16 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Not only that, Professor Dershowitz KNOWS THE SCORE.

8 | February 15, 2012 9:16 pm

Oh and Boehner and GOP elitists caved again.

Yet some here work for Romney

9 | February 15, 2012 9:19 pm

Now, I can’t say that I will agree with all the things that the present group who call themselves Libertarians in the sense of a party say, because I think that like in any political movement there are shades, and there are libertarians who are almost over at the point of wanting no government at all or anarchy. I believe there are legitimate government functions. There is a legitimate need in an orderly society for some government to maintain freedom or we will have tyranny by individuals. The strongest man on the block will run the neighborhood. We have government to insure that we don’t each one of us have to carry a club to defend ourselves. But again, I stand on my statement that I think that libertarianism and conservatism are travelling the same path. President Ronald Reagan

Oh my G-d! Reagan and Santorum say and believe the same thing! Again!

10. brookly red
    10 | February 15, 2012 9:24 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

It’s going to seem a little weird and scary at first, but it will also be thrilling and ultimately liberating. –Ace

Hee hee

I salute the daily Caller & Mark Levin for continuing to expose MM for the evil PsOS they are… losing their tax status is only the first step, there should be some criminal charges pending (in a post Holder world)

11 | February 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Motion Induced Blindness

Crazy stuff.

12. 12 | February 15, 2012 9:32 pm

@ brookly red:

Something tells me that ain’t gonna happen. Обама may throw these guy into the Pardon Pile in addition to Холдер.

13 | February 15, 2012 9:54 pm

Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine endorses Santorum

What? All day and no side note here?

14 | February 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Ron Paul… you know, I heard somebody say he was like insecticide – 98 percent of it’s inert gases, but it’s the two percent that’s left that will kill you. What that means is that he’ll make total sense for a while, and then he’ll say something so way out that it negates everything else. I like the guy because he knows how to excite the youth of America and fill them in on some things. But when he says that we’re like the Taliban… I’m sorry, Congressman Paul, but I’m nothing like the Taliban. --Dave Mustaine

He’s pretty sharp!

15. brookly red
    15 | February 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Macker wrote:

@ brookly red:

so far O has not been real active in the pardon department… he has however shown a tendency to throw his friends under the bus when the light is shined upon them… shine the light.

16. mfhorn
    16 | February 15, 2012 10:07 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Politics really makes some strange bedfellows.

17. mfhorn
    17 | February 15, 2012 10:14 pm

$47 billion train to nowhere.

This is the kind of waste the Republicans need to focus on as much as possible. And ‘fast & furious.’

18 | February 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Thomas Sowell strikes again. A very good read…

The ‘Progressive’ Legacy

19 | February 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Kossacks are supporting Santorum.

Hee hee. They might not even slightly sense the mood of the country

20. 20 | February 15, 2012 10:50 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Kossacks are supporting Santorum.
    Hee hee. They might not even slightly sense the mood of the country

Sure Santorum is the perfect strawman for them. Obama will crush him in the general. He’s telling Libertarian leaning Conservatives to take a hike. Many may oblige.

21. 21 | February 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Obama will crush him in the general.

Well, since you would obviously prefer Obama to Santorum what’s the problem?

22. 22 | February 15, 2012 11:00 pm

I am just telling you electoral reality. I don’t like either. They are both Big Government types.

This election is a nightmare for me. Marxism vs. Theocracy or Rockefeller Republicanism. No thanks. What ever happened to Limited Government, Free Markets and States Rights?

23. Prebanned
    23 | February 15, 2012 11:06 pm

That ain’t on the ticket this time.

24. Prebanned
    24 | February 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Clinton, Bush and Obama have me a little sick of “free trade”.

25. 25 | February 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Prebanned wrote:

Clinton, Bush and Obama have me a little sick of “free trade”.

Agreed!

26 | February 15, 2012 11:16 pm

Prebanned wrote:

Clinton, Bush, and Obama[ and Romney] have me a little sick of “free trade”.

27. Prebanned
    27 | February 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Free trade is great if both countries have full employment and specialize in what they are most efficient at producing.

The developing world is eager to trade substinance farming for manufacturing.

We can’t figure out that unemployment is less productive than manufacturing.