Confidence: Why Obama Loses In A Landslide.

by Flyovercountry ( 109 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at February 22nd, 2012 - 8:30 am

Political Cartoons by Glenn Foden

Much has been written and said about why and how Barack Obama became elected our 44th President. Every, “expert,” and his brother has sounded off with some reason or another. I have heard some of the most nuanced and smart sounding crap in explanation of this, as if a vote were indeed some great mystery of the ages, that only those with decades spent in earnest study could possibly decipher.

After all of that, here is the reason. Barack Obama was elected to be our chief executive because 52% if Americans strategically located in our various states believed, rightly or wrongly, that he would be the best choice to create an environment where they would experience the greatest improvement in their living standards. While the sentence is longer than I wanted it to be, the concept is still very simple. We, as Americans want to to enjoy the best possible standard of living that we can carve out for ourselves. Two points about this standard of living. One, we like enjoying the fruits of our labors, and we like working for those rewards. Two, we like doing it for ourselves, and feeling necessary. Being needed, is as basic a human instinct as breathing. In as much as people end up voting for the Socialized protections afforded by left of center benefactors, it is invariably because they have been scared into believing that some bogey man was waiting around the corner to steal away from them the fruits of their labors.

Here is why I believe that in 10 months time, Barack Obama will take his well deserved place as an ex President. His campaign in 2012 will not be based on convincing Americans that his policies will lead to a greater standard of living for them. He has no choice but to convince Americans that they can not have the standard of living that they want to have. He instead will try to manage expectations to the point where people are willing to expect a lower standard of living based upon the mistaken belief that the successful people in our society won’t let them have what they have earned. Class envy, fear of his competitors, manufactured crises, and a message of soaking the rich to benefit the collective is what his 2012 campaign will be about.

Over the last two years, I have been involved in several spirited debates about how electable Barack Obama is or isn’t. During each debate, three major points always seem to come up, and neither one mind you involves any actual discussion on his agenda. One, Obama is viewed as some sort of Messianic figure by a number of his supporters. Two, the main stream media is in the tank for all things left of center and will not ever question, vet, investigate, nor even report on the goings on in the Obama world. Three, his war chest will be $1 Billion. I will stipulate to two of those three points, and I still believe that he is toast. Here is why.

While it is true that many bought previously the Obama is some sort of transcendent figure, he himself is now actively campaigning against that view. Think about it for a moment. 4 years ago, while he accepted the nomination for his party as candidate Obama, he proclaimed that this was the moment when the Earth began to heal, and the waters began to recede. Compare that with his latest State of the Union address, where he redefined the American Dream as people just wanting a decent place to live and the ability to have free health care, in order to avoid bankruptcy. Telling Americans that they can not work hard to determine for themselves, what lifestyles they ultimately get to enjoy, is not a winning message to deliver. The last 4 political candidates for our Presidency that delivered this message are, in order of appearance, George McGovern, Jimmy Carter, Walter Mondale, and Michael Dukakis. I would understand if those names mostly do not ring any bells, as history as rendered them to the deserved place of obscurity that they all so richly belong. Jimmy Carter did become our 39th President, but not based on his malaise message, that wonderful campaign platform did not happen until after his policies reached their inevitable failure. So, when Barack Obama resurrected the moth balled Carter ideas, the same inevitable failure naturally followed. The same message of accept the malaise has also followed. This message is a loser, no matter how much money little Barry has to spread it with.

Yes the media performed a disservice to all Americans for their lack of any type of attempt to vet Barack Obama, their complete lack of candor in accurately or even actually reporting on what his agenda would look like, their obvious cheer leading for his candidacy, their filtering of news to report for the express purpose of swaying public sentiment and thus opinion. The simple fact is, that this remains far easier to do with candidate Obama than it will be for President Obama. Americans have seen the Marxist Agenda, and they do not like it one little bit. We have outlets for our voices as well, and there are some things that have already been forgotten.

A short list to follow here. He used his political capital and the first two years of his Presidency passing three massively destructive pieces of legislation during the worst recession since WWII, none of the three had anything to with solving our economic problems. That legislation includes the Bailouts, Obamacare, and Dodd Frank. I expect who ever is our nominee to help their fellow Americans to remember this. He purchased weapons and gave them away to Mexican Drug Lords for the express purpose of promoting violent crime so that he could sway public opinion to be more amenable towards fire arms regulation. (He purposefully sought the death of American citizens in order to push gun control.) He lied to the American People about anything related to the, “Green Economy,” in order to push for his initiatives which turned out to be nothing more than his Marxist leanings legislated or pushed by executive fiat, and to pay off his campaign donors. Once the whole crony capitalism empire started to collapse, he doubled down and is still out there touting businesses and industries which have already gone bankrupt. The entirety of the Middle East and North Africa are in flames, and currently in the hands of the very same people who flew planes into the Pentagon and the WTC. We actually fought along side of those very same evil thugs in the case of Libya, and have heralded the arrival of those same thugs in the case of Egypt. I don’t know when I’ve felt so proud. Our national debt has gone from a serious problem to being a point of despair that makes me look back to the days of $450 Billion deficits as the good old days of responsibility. Gasoline is on the way to $5 per gallon, and the President’s answer is to force it higher so that we will all use public transportation or spend a massive amount of money on his electric cars, which will still rely on electricity. This will be a problem as well, since he has stated that his goal is to bankrupt the coal burning power plants, even though they account for the vast majority of our electrical productive capacity.

I could keep going on, but I believe that we should all get the point by now. Don’t despair, Whether it be Gingrich, whom I like, Santorum, or Romney, Barack Obama will have a long and healthy life, during which he will be reminded daily that the American People rejected both him and his ideas by an overwhelming margin. To make this vision a reality, all we need do is not to lose faith, to keep spreading the word, and to get out there and cast our votes when the time comes.

Cross Posted at Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

109 Responses to “Confidence: Why Obama Loses In A Landslide.”

1. 1 | February 22, 2012 8:43 am

I think you are wrong about the landslide. I think this will be a very close election. You left out the power of incumbancy in your list of Obama’s positives, and that cannot be overlooked. The shere weight of incumbancy makes Obama a formidible candidate. He is not unbeatable, but he must be beaten. We cannot, will not win this just by showing up and not being Obama. We have to have as good a candidate as we can get (any of the top three will suffice, but Romney lacks the will to win), and then that candidate will have to fight for it (this is where Romney will fail. He is completely unwilling to reach out to the base of the party in any way. This will hopefully cost him the nomination, because it will certainly cost him the general election if, by chance, he does secure the nomination). Politics is War. The Republicans don’t seem to get this, but the Democrats live it. Obama will be the toughest candidate we’ve faced in my lifetime. If we run Bob Dole II, we will lose. It really is that simple.

2. mawskrat
    2 | February 22, 2012 8:48 am

sorry for the OT

but I wonder if chuck will
    pick this up

Climate scientist admits stealing docs from conservative think tank

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/02/21/climate-scientist-admits-stealing-docs-from-conservative-think-tank/?test=latestnews#ixzz1n7OXY08I

3. 3 | February 22, 2012 8:50 am

Good morning folks!

A.B.O.

anyone but obama.

4 | February 22, 2012 8:51 am

Dream on.

5. Tanker
    5 | February 22, 2012 9:01 am

This will not be a landslide win! If we win, and as I see it that’s a really big IF!

6. 6 | February 22, 2012 9:05 am

@ Tanker:

Yeah, I think it is touch and go. It’ll be very close, and will come down to the wire. Obama will fight the dirtiest campaign ever fought. No matter whom our candidate is, their religion will be mercilessly attacked. Their personal lives will be dragged through the mud. And Obama will use every trick of his office to bamboozel the voters and obfuscate the real issues. It will require a concerted effort on our part to defeat this evil man. Politics is War. War to the Knife, Knife to the Hilt.

7. mawskrat
    7 | February 22, 2012 9:06 am

I can’t say it’s a real win with
    the candidates we have now if one
    of them is elected

just the least of the worst
    to become POTUS

8. 8 | February 22, 2012 9:09 am

Obama is the most formidable campaigner I have seen. He’s great at Demagoging and doing a us vs. them narrative.

Nobody on the Republican side has his skills.

9. 9 | February 22, 2012 9:09 am

@ Tanker:

My thoughts exactly.

10. 10 | February 22, 2012 9:10 am

@ Speranza:

That’s my sentiments.

11. 11 | February 22, 2012 9:12 am

I have it on the highest authority (exhibited here daily) that we’re DOOMED to a second Obama term, there is no hope, and we should all just off ourselves and get it over with.

12. citizen_q
    12 | February 22, 2012 9:13 am

Defeating obama and the other democratic progressives is paramount. I don’t know if the GOP is up to the task. The low hanging fruit of failure, corruption, and in violation of the constitution is obvious and should be so devastating to the obama administration that I wonder why they are not being effectively articulated.

Also, I shudder to think what a lame-duck obama admin will do if it does lose. It will make the petty vandalism and pardons of the klintons pale in comparison. I remember someone posting about how Romney seems to have a barely managed rage. He doesn’t have nuthin on obama and mooch-hell.

13. rain of lead
    13 | February 22, 2012 9:13 am

Obama to Speak About Gas Prices Thursday

Gaaaak
    yeah, this is gonna work
    another speech… that will do it

14. 14 | February 22, 2012 9:16 am

@ rain of lead:

It will help with his cultists.

15. mawskrat
    15 | February 22, 2012 9:23 am

Jimmy Martin_There’s Better Times A ‘Coming

Well the cows went dry the hens don’t lay
    there’s no place I can borrow
    Give the landlord all the news
    and the rent comes due tomorrow

Lots of money in the bank
    they say that’s where they keep it
    Not only wouldn’t they loan me some
    they wouldn’t let me see it

So pick away on the old banjo
    Keep that guitar strumming
    Put more water in the soup
    There’s better times a-coming

Well Mary Lou could pull a plow
    if only I would let her
    Twice as strong as any ox
    and she don’t smell much better

I didn’t kiss that Mary Lou but once
    and then I had to leave her
    Make’s my collar get so tight
    I start to burn with fever

Well a man came by the other day
    a-huntin manual labor
    I told him I hadn’t seen the guy
    why don’t he ask the neighbor

So come on boys get your gals
    and kick your heels up higher
    Don’t let no one steal your gal
    just hold her a little tighter

My rooster used to chase a hen
    he just kept getting thinner
    He nearly ran himself to death
    so I bought him in for dinner

Cotton crops are mighty poor
    the weeds are really a-growin
    I need a woman pretty bad
    to help me with the hoei

sums it all up for me>LOL

16. 16 | February 22, 2012 9:23 am

Yeah, but that doesn’t really help him much. He already has the votes of the peopel that have bought into his cult of personality. That alone won’t win him the second term he desires.

17. texasam7
    17 | February 22, 2012 9:25 am

It’ a very hopeful post, but I would NEVER underestimate President Obama in a campaign--it’s HIS wheelhouse, and it will take every last voter and every last lucky break to beat him.

18. 18 | February 22, 2012 9:26 am

He’s polling in the 46-50% range. The problem is too many Americans love the man personally. They want to vote for him. We are dealing with a cultural/quasi religious phenomenon. The only way to defeat him is to strip him of his godhood and turn him into an average politician.

19. 19 | February 22, 2012 9:27 am

@ texasam7:

He’s best campaigner I have ever seen.

20. mawskrat
    20 | February 22, 2012 9:31 am

Keep on the sunny side of life folks!!

21 | February 22, 2012 9:32 am

Mike C. wrote:

Putting your sarcasm aside, it is those who think that guy will be easy to roll over who have their heads up their butts.

22. 22 | February 22, 2012 9:32 am

Rightside wrote:

Good morning folks!
    A.B.O.
    anyone but obama.

RIGHTSIDE………… Where’s the Baileys?

23. 23 | February 22, 2012 9:34 am

@ Speranza:

Exactly, I’m just realistic. This man is a great campaigner, has the Culture behind him, academia, big businesses, the unions, Blacks, Young people and the media. To defeat him, a Republican has to be on their A game. Right now, I don’t see any Republican who can match Obama’s skills and machine.

24. 24 | February 22, 2012 9:43 am

Speranza wrote:

Mike C. wrote:

Yup -- right next to the heads of the folks who think he simply can’t be defeated.

I said it yesterday somewhere, but I’ll say it again here. The ONLY political contest going on at the moment on the national lever is the battle for the Republican nomination. ONLY when that is over will you see the winner turn his attention to the other party. Now I don’t know how that will work out. BUt in science, at least, “I don’t know” is considered a valid answer.

25. 25 | February 22, 2012 9:44 am

Er, “level”, not “lever.”

26. 26 | February 22, 2012 9:48 am

Mike C. wrote:

BUt in science, at least, “I don’t know” is considered a valid answer.

Cough cough, and apparently in “Climate Science” I lied is also considered a valid answer… :oops:

27. mawskrat
    27 | February 22, 2012 9:48 am

Rodan when you say unions are behind him
    that is only partly true. why public unions
    may be behind him many of the building trade
    union members vote republican.

28 | February 22, 2012 9:48 am

@ Speranza:

He is the ultimate teflon man and he has a lap dog press leading the way for him. Given his rotten record so far his approval should be in the low 30′s -- and the last I saw he is still black.

29. 29 | February 22, 2012 9:56 am

@ Speranza:

I’d like to re-post this link to a Don Surber article. He has reason to be optomistic. As for Obama’s poll numbers, well, at this time in 1980 Carter outpolled Reagan:

Carter 63%
    Reagan 32%

We know how that one turned out. There is pleanty of time yet for us to win or lose. Our first goal has to be to defeat Romney, and that appears to be proceeding apace…

30 | February 22, 2012 9:59 am

This also is a re-post from 3 weeks ago: Gallup state numbers predict huge Obama loss! And that is against an un-named candidate. That map says ANYBODY BUT OBAMA IN BOLD.

31. spinmore
    31 | February 22, 2012 10:00 am

countdown . . .

How soon before Libtards start to cite the ‘LRA’ as being representative of Christianity?

32. spinmore
    32 | February 22, 2012 10:01 am

spinmore wrote:

countdown . . .

sorryhttp://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AF_AFRICA_LRA_FIGHT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-02-22-08-55-56

33. 34 | February 22, 2012 10:02 am

@ huckfunn:

Rodan is right, though, that Obama will be a formidible opponent. I hope the next couple of weeks clarify who our nominee will be. If Santorum wins Michigan, it is pretty much over for Romney. And despite all the rumors, it is really too late for anyone else to enter the race.

34. 35 | February 22, 2012 10:03 am

The win a dream date with Barack and Joe got marked down to $2.00 last night. I read over at HotAir this morning that a further markdown puts the sweepstakes at 8 bits now. Literally, you can now clean the change out from your car or couch and donate sufficiently to dine with the President of the United States.

Friend --

Tomorrow night, we’ll pick the first of four supporters who will sit down with me for dinner.

I’m hoping you’ll take me up on the invitation.

Donate $2 or whatever you can today to be automatically entered for the chance to be my first dinner guest.

These meals are one simple thing that sets this campaign apart. The seats at our table don’t belong to any Washington lobbyist or powerful interest.

These seats are yours.

Donate $2 or more today and be automatically entered to win:

Hope to see you,

Barack

This is not the fundraising signs for someone destined to raise a Billion bones.

35. 36 | February 22, 2012 10:04 am

rain of lead wrote:

Obama to Speak About Gas Prices Thursday
    Gaaaak
    yeah, this is gonna work
    another speech… that will do it

We got a sneak peak from Carney yesterday. He’s going to blame the Republicans for the fact that the Keystone Pipeline wasn’t approved and the evil oil companies getting obscene profits.

36. 37 | February 22, 2012 10:06 am

Heck right up until election day, they were confidently predicting that Carter would be re-elected to a second term, based on the polls. Also, remember that if the Republican wins the popular vote, HE gets the California electoral votes, not Obama.

38 | February 22, 2012 10:06 am

@ huckfunn:

While being formidable, BO is far from unbeatable. You’re right; as soon as the GOP has a nominee we’ll be able to focus on Obama’s rancid record. I actually sent Santorum a few bucks the other night. I have now contributed to Perry, Cain, Gingrich and Santorum. Anyone but Obamney.

38. 39 | February 22, 2012 10:07 am

@ Carolina Girl:

And all we need do to put a hole in that balloon is point out the the only thing missing for a groundbreaking ceremony was the signature of the President, which by the way, he can still supply.

39. 40 | February 22, 2012 10:10 am

@ huckfunn:
    @ Flyovercountry:

The way to defeat Obama is to strip his divinity. You have to get under his skin and make him lose his cool. Once he shows his nasty underside, then he becomes a politician and a human. Obama the man needs to be destroyed. The politics of personal destruction is the only way to defeat him.

40. spinmore
    41 | February 22, 2012 10:11 am

@ Carolina Girl:
    . . . you know the way the Left forces the polls. I wonder if they ever question thier own tactics. You can certainly ‘over do it’ by causing leftards to stay home frfom the polls by believing that ‘thier guy(gal)’ has it wrapped up.

41. 42 | February 22, 2012 10:12 am

@ Flyovercountry:

I predict he’ll authorize the Keystone Pipeline about two weeks before the election. What I’d like to see is the Republican House pass a bill authorizing it NOW, and force the Democrat Senate to vote on it.

Also, let’s not forget, Ken Salazar is still operating in direct violation of a court order telling him to lift the moritorium on offshore drilling. And Obama still has to answer for all those $$$ he gave to Brazil for oil exploration.

43 | February 22, 2012 10:13 am

Carolina Girl wrote:

rain of lead wrote:

Obama to Speak About Gas Prices Thursday
    Gaaaak
    yeah, this is gonna work
    another speech… that will do it

Obama wants higher energy prices and that is indisputable. We must keep hammering at that.

Energy Secretary Chu Embraces High Gas Prices, Again

10 Things You Need to Know About High Gas Prices and Obama’s Oil Policy.
    Both of these articles were written BEFORE BO-ZO killed the Keystone Pipeline.

43. 44 | February 22, 2012 10:15 am

@ spinmore:

The polls are still oversampling Democrats vis-a-vis Republicans and Independents. Rasmussen is showing him at -15 today, which is still significant. This man has not had positive numbers in Rasmussen since July of 2009 -- which is a hell of a short honeymoon period. Gas has reached $4 a gallon at the pump (for regular) here in Northern California (where our state taxes on gas are outrageous)

Another think Obama might say in his speech is that he’s going to ask Congress to lift the gasoline tax for the next ten months to “help the middle class.”

44. 45 | February 22, 2012 10:18 am

huckfunn wrote:

Yes, however some people have fought so bitterly and divisively for their preferred GOP candidate that it may not be possible to build a consensus. Using scorched earth Alinski styled tactics on those whose help you will need once a nominee has been chosen has a tendency to make coalition building very difficult as they may not choose to forget what an asshole you were during nomination process.

46 | February 22, 2012 10:21 am

@ huckfunn:
    @ Flyovercountry:

Anyone looking objectively at Obama will see an arrogant, thin-skinned, narcissist with dilutions of grandeur.

46. 47 | February 22, 2012 10:22 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Have you seen this? Now Obama wants to lower the corporate tax rate. He will be teflon indeed if he can simultaneously lower the corporate tax rate and un on the theory that the wealthy aren’t paying their “fair share”!

47. 48 | February 22, 2012 10:22 am

Obama the man needs to be destroyed, that’s the key to victory. Obama must be turned into an object of ridicule.

48. spinmore
    49 | February 22, 2012 10:23 am

@ Carolina Girl:
    i recall someone making the point (a few years ago) may have been on Prager’s show -- as the old-media loses its monopoly and absolute influence, it will get nuttier and nuttier w/o any attempt to even appear fair and balanced. Ain’t dat the truth

49. 50 | February 22, 2012 10:23 am

Another reason Obamney will have problems at the polls if he becomes the nominee. And people are noticing. That is on ereason Santorum is surging. He has done about the least to make intraparty enemies of any of the remaining contenders.

51 | February 22, 2012 10:25 am

Yep; this is the worst in-fighting I’ve ever seen in the GOP. But I guess it is the fight that needed to happen; conservatives vs progressives.

52 | February 22, 2012 10:27 am

@ Carolina Girl:

Everything the regime says or does is a head fake. Lead with right, head fake and BOOM with the left uppercut.

52. 53 | February 22, 2012 10:27 am

Actually its a bait and switch when you read the plan. It may lower the rate, but it actually really doesn’t.

54 | February 22, 2012 10:28 am

Let’s get out and vote,
    Let your voices now be heard,
    We are going to embrace a douche,
    To retire incumbent turd. . .

South Park

54. 55 | February 22, 2012 10:29 am

@ huckfunn:

The problem is that’s not what most people see. His real dark nature is hidden. You have to get under his skin and make him lose his cool. Once that hapepns, his divinity is gone. Then it becomes about Obama’s policies.

But his Divinity needs to be stripped first.

55. 56 | February 22, 2012 10:31 am

Yeah, I saw that. Obama is trying to have it both ways, but you can’t really do that. It may be enough to fake out enough of the middle, though. All Obama really cares about is fooling enough of the people for long enough to get his second term. Then the masks will come off for good, and the only thing that will stand between us and a Leftwing dictatorship is a fragile majority on the Court and maybe control of the Legislature. Given that we won’t have a veto-proof majority in the legislature, though, the best we can do is stall for four years, and four years is a long time to stall.

57 | February 22, 2012 10:31 am

From the Arizona blog “ExUrban League”

“Moronic Convergence”

UFO Conference today in Scottsdale…GOP Debate today in Mesa…what is the connection?

RON PAUL!

58 | February 22, 2012 10:33 am

The Osprey wrote:

Let’s get out and vote,
    Let your voices now be heard,
    We are going to embrace a douche,
    To retire incumbent turd. . .

South Park

Gunny sez…

58. 59 | February 22, 2012 10:33 am

Obama the man needs to be destroyed.

60 | February 22, 2012 10:34 am

Later taters.

60. 61 | February 22, 2012 10:37 am

I don’t disagree, but you have to be careful of how you go about doing that. He has an almost inexplicable reserve of good will from the electorate. Go about trying to destroy him in the wrong way, and you risk a backlash from that. He is the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, and that is a talisman to conjure with. We ignore that at our peril.

62 | February 22, 2012 10:43 am

@ Carolina Girl:

That was the head fake. Here’s the left uppercut:
    Obama’s Dividend Assault

President Obama’s 2013 budget is the gift that keeps on giving—to government. One buried surprise is his proposal to triple the tax rate on corporate dividends, which believe it or not is higher than in his previous budgets.

Mr. Obama is proposing to raise the dividend tax rate to the higher personal income tax rate of 39.6% that will kick in next year. Add in the planned phase-out of deductions and exemptions, and the rate hits 41%. Then add the 3.8% investment tax surcharge in ObamaCare, and the new dividend tax rate in 2013 would be 44.8%—nearly three times today’s 15% rate.

Keep in mind that dividends are paid to shareholders only after the corporation pays taxes on its profits. So assuming a maximum 35% corporate tax rate and a 44.8% dividend tax, the total tax on corporate earnings passed through as dividends would be 64.1%.

62. 63 | February 22, 2012 10:44 am

@ huckfunn:

I predict that Democrats in the House have gotten their marching orders to put an amendment onto the bill that will make it impossible for Republicans to vote for it. Democrats will vote for it because they’ll have nothing to lose. The bill will fail. (It’ll probably be something like the raising of the income tax level on those making more than $250,000 a year)

Obama will then have the “I tried to lower the corporate tax rate but the Republicans wouldn’t let me.”

63. 64 | February 22, 2012 10:45 am

That’s another thing in his favor, he’s Black.

65 | February 22, 2012 10:46 am

Great post on Weasel Zippers “Obama sings “Sweet Home, Chicago” thread…

gastorgrab says:
    February 22, 2012 at 8:01 am
    Popular culture is cutting it’s own throat by associating itself with this imposter. Celebrities have participated in the fraud which saw the life savings of tens of thousands of Americans dwindled down to nothing.
    Pop culture has been exposed as hostile to the way of life that it pretends to lead. Pop culture, who single-hand-idly keeps the Betty Ford Clinic in business, has shown contempt for the very people it relies on to sustain it’s lavish way of life.
    They are the royalty of the new socialist imperialism and their influence has now exceeded their credibility. Pop culture has led the American people for decades and now their reign is coming to an end.

65. 66 | February 22, 2012 10:47 am

@ huckfunn:

The government is a leech, and it is sucking the economy dry. It is no surprise that Obama wants to accelerate that. All he has done serves to hasten the fall of the United States. I believe that this is quite deliberate. That his policy is meant to knock America down to a level where she can never get back up.

66. 67 | February 22, 2012 10:53 am

@ huckfunn:

Cloward-Pivens… So far everything Obama has done has been a nearly perfect implementation of the Cloward-Pivens Strategy. Personally since the Cloward-Pivens Strategy is nothing short of an act of treason and domestic terrorism I think Obama should hang for it. But hey, that’s just my personal opinion… :twisted:

67. Tanker
    68 | February 22, 2012 11:03 am

@ huckfunn:
    We can only hope that the nominee from the GOP will be as vigorous going after Obama has they have been against each other. IMHO Romney will not meet this challenge!

69 | February 22, 2012 11:03 am

Good morning. Even while our president struggles
    24/7 to imorove the economy, he took time to host
    a reception at the White House last night.
    He was honoring Black History Month and had BB King.
    Buddy Guy & Mick Jager to entertain.
    Obama actually sang Sweet Home Chicago with his
    finger nails on a blackboard voice.
    The media will never point out what a fraud this guy is.

69. 70 | February 22, 2012 11:06 am

At least Hugo Chavez can sing!

71 | February 22, 2012 11:11 am

At least Hugo Chavez can sing!

Yeah, Hugo would be a better bet on Ameican Idol.

72 | February 22, 2012 11:13 am

@ huckfunn:

72. 73 | February 22, 2012 11:13 am

More like anti-American Idol. Obama can sing backup! :P

73. 74 | February 22, 2012 11:14 am

Charles Johnson can play guitars!

74. 75 | February 22, 2012 11:15 am

@ The Osprey:

ROTFLMAO… I don’t particularly care for cops, but that thar is just plain funny, I don’t care who you are.

76 | February 22, 2012 11:16 am

More like anti-American Idol. Obama can sing backup!

Yeah Barry & Hugo, the dynamic anti American duo.

76. dwells38
    77 | February 22, 2012 11:24 am

He has the entire black vote however many show up. Blacks make it clear they vote for anyone with skin like theirs. Even joke about it unashamedly. All that PC stuff is just for gullible honkys!

And he has all the progressive socialists which many Democrats are these days. Even those who aren’t socialists will find it easy to vote again for the likeable black man.

Like Iron Fist said above it’s going to be very close and expect an Al Gore-like scorched earth approach. They will throw race cards left and right. Any conservative candidate will be mischaracterized and smeared as a racist, good-ole boy, sexist, dog-hating, country-clubbe who wants to steal the country’s wealth and give it all to Dick Cheney and Haliburton instead of to the good little people who need healthcare.

The Union thugs, ACORN activists and all will be in a concerted frenzy. Be prepared to be outraged.

77. 78 | February 22, 2012 11:26 am

Speranza wrote:

Mike C. wrote:

I would rather be wrong in thinking it is going to be a hard battle and then find we win against Obama by a landslide than to be wrong think it will be a landslide and then barely squeaking by (or worse, losing).

78. Alberta Oil Peon
    79 | February 22, 2012 11:36 am

@ mawskrat:
    Peter Gleick stepped on his dick;
    Call the Waaahmbulance right quick!

79. 80 | February 22, 2012 11:46 am

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

@ mawskrat:
    Peter Gleick stepped on his dick;
    Call the Waaahmbulance right quick!

Peter Glieck is the poster-child for the moral’s and ethic’s of the Globull Warming Community.

81 | February 22, 2012 11:46 am

Drive by 2cents. Obama loses in a landslide…his super pac is hemorrhaging money and no one is donating

Later

82 | February 22, 2012 11:48 am

father_of_10 wrote:

Quite concur.

82. Alberta Oil Peon
    83 | February 22, 2012 11:59 am

Yep.

84 | February 22, 2012 11:59 am

Interesting news item on Chicago radio.
    Professor Marques, a Northwestern instructor
    in the fields of African American & Hispanic Studies
    has a problem with the Universitry.He says that the
    City of Evanston & Northwestern stole the land from
    the indigenous population & that he hope that their
    spirits haunt them.
    Wonder if his idealism will prompt him to renounce
    his tenure & look for a job/

84. 85 | February 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Speranza wrote:

father_of_10 wrote:
    Quite concur.

The position itself is not an illogical one. I’m inclined to flyovercountry’s point of view, that Obama will get stomped, but like father_of_10 I have no desire or intention of taking that belief as a given. I also do not believe for one single second that you can motivate people to vote against Obama by proclaiming doom and gloom and the inevitability of an Obama victory. Constant proclamations of doom and gloom don’t win elections, they cause people to give up and stay home. If you attack the people whose support you will need to win viciously enough and often enough when the time does come that you need their support, they will not forget what you did and they will not lend you their support. It really is that simple.

85. 86 | February 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Wonder if his idealism will prompt him to renounce
    his tenure & look for a job/

Yea… Right about the time Obama genuinely converts from Marxism and tries to help America… In other words, never…

86. NoThreat2U
    87 | February 22, 2012 12:09 pm

I might have to kill myself now…I find myself agreeing with that well spoken response.

88 | February 22, 2012 12:09 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Wonder if his idealism will prompt him to renounce
    his tenure & look for a job/

Or about the time that Obama says “Those Founding
    Fathers sure wrote one swell Costitution.”

88. 89 | February 22, 2012 12:09 pm

This is good news:

BOSTON – Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is drawing a disproportionately high amount of campaign funds from people who have given him the legal maximum, weakening his ability to raise money from such proven donors as the GOP nomination fight drags on.

Far more than his three rivals, Romney has tapped these large donors to build his campaign fund. To date, about two-thirds of his money has come from donors who have given him $2,500, the legal limit for a primary campaign, according to the Campaign Finance Institute, a nonpartisan research organization.

By contrast, about 18 percent of Rick Santorum’s money has come from those who have maxed out. For Newt Gingrich, the comparable figure is 16 percent; for Rep. Ron Paul, 11 percent.

It is interesting to note that Hillary Clinton faced the same problem, and she was the designated heir to the throne for the Democrats last go around. How she must seethe that she could be doing better than this false Messiah from Chicago, this petty gangster up-jumped above his betters! And she’s right! She would have been marginally better than Obama, but only marginally. Both of them are desciples of Alinsky. Both of them hate America and everything that she stands for.

89. 90 | February 22, 2012 12:11 pm

You guys really don’t know what your up against. Keep thinking landslide and get cocky.

The GOP has not won a landslide since 1988. They are up against the best campaigner. If the Republicans win, it will be a miracle and very narrow.

91 | February 22, 2012 12:14 pm

You guys

This is the problem.

We don’t actually HAVE a party. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say that most of us are Republicans by default.

If “we” actually had any control whatsoever over the GOP, things would be much rosier.

91. NoThreat2U
    92 | February 22, 2012 12:15 pm

You have been constantly telling us how screwed we are. OK, you are right. We are well and truly done as a country. So, now what should we do? Huh? Suggestions? Quitcher bitching and come up with a solution. And I don’t want to hear..well if West was running, or if Rubio was running….because they aren’t. What do you suggest we do? Everyone keeps asking you that question and you never have a good answer.

92. 93 | February 22, 2012 12:19 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

There’s nothing any of us can do. The wheels of history are turning and you can’t fight it.

The Republican party as now configured can’t win a Presidential election. Until the GOP changes from Big Governmnet soft Socialism to Small Governmnet Free market Constitutionalism.

The only thing I can recommend is to look after yourself and family.

93. 94 | February 22, 2012 12:23 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

I agreed with Doriangrey once. It hurt like h#ll too!

But I like his blog.

94. NoThreat2U
    95 | February 22, 2012 12:26 pm

Nah. Believe it or not, we are not a nation of punk bitches. Stand up and fight dammit. I will never accept defeat. As long as I breathe, I have another chance to make things right.

@ father_of_10:
    I’m not sure if I will ever recover!! lol

96 | February 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Hence the reason to nominate Gingrichard the Loin-Heated, the only man in the current field who can do this.

96. 97 | February 22, 2012 12:45 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

I could not only live with that, but would actually prefer it. But I will take Santorum any day of the week over Romney, and twice on Sunday. Being a Evangelical Protestant whose parent’s are Jack Mormons Rick Santorum’s religious beliefs don’t scare me in the slightest. Neither do Romney’s for that matter, it’s Romney’s Taxachuettes Conservationism that scares the hell out of me about him. I’ve known plenty of Mormon businessmen whose moral’s and ethic’s were beyond reproach, I don’t get that sense from Mitt at all.

97. spinmore
    98 | February 22, 2012 12:51 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    got dat right.

go get ‘em Newtie, you crazy bastard :)

(terms of endearment)

98. 99 | February 22, 2012 12:55 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

Obama needs to be destroyed and Alinskied. That’s the only way.

100 | February 22, 2012 1:02 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Obama needs to be destroyed and Alinskied. That’s the only way.

Fire with fire, won’t work any other way.
    The other thing is, during the run up to the
    election the Republicams should scream about
    expected Dem vote theft.
    Let the perps thaink that they are known & it
    might keep the theft down.

101 | February 22, 2012 1:04 pm

Really?

Meghan McRINO: “I Feel Like I Have To Go On National TV” To Crusade Against Virginia Ultrasound Law…

h/t Zip

Is that kind of like your old man “feeling” like he has to continue running for Senate?

101. Alberta Oil Peon
    102 | February 22, 2012 1:11 pm

@ Bumr50:
    There are a lot of good sound reasons why all patients wishing abortions should get an ultrasound. Among them:

1. is the patient actually pregnant?
    2. how long has she been pregnant?
    3. is the pregnancy normal, or are there problems?

Assuming there is a “job” to be done, does it not make sense to use the best tools based upon the best available information as to the nature of the ‘job’ to be done?

Would you want the dentist to do a root canal without first taking an X-ray?

102. spinmore
    103 | February 22, 2012 1:14 pm

@ Bumr50:
    . . . it’s like me feeling like going on national TV and saying “Yo McCain, my friend, WTF do you mean we should arm the opposition in Syria? you mean the Islamists? WTF are you smokin’ my friend?”

sorry

104 | February 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Poppin’ Fresh in the grey Beatle wig is better than the Plastic Android in the Checked Shirt, better than Mr. Pocket Protector, and better than the Shriveled Apple Sculpture.

And a hell of a lot better than what we’ve got now.

104. 105 | February 22, 2012 1:17 pm

New Thread.

105. NoThreat2U
    106 | February 22, 2012 1:22 pm

@ Bumr50:
    Did you read that closely? She mentions “without a doctor’s consent”. Um first of all dumbass, the doc will be performing your abortion, therefore, he himself or a nurse will perform the ultrasound. And if tv ultrasound is “too invasive”, I propose they ban them for all women no matter what the circumstances. How can you claim it as too invasive for this procedure, but perfectly fine for other reasons? That dumb bitch needs to shut up. I wonder how many abortions she’s had.

106. EBL
    107 | February 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Great post and cartoon and I linked to you. Thanks.

107. 108 | February 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Has Newt done the same vis-a-vis Santorum? We here in AZ are getting inundated with Mitt’s SuperPAC ads. They make me sick!

109 | February 22, 2012 1:57 pm

@ Macker:

When Mitt Romney unveiled his new tax plan cutting taxes across the board by 20 percent in Arizona today, he pledged that he would “make sure the top one percent keeps paying the current share they’re paying or more.”

WTF????????????????????????