The Weekly JUCHE! Open Thread

by coldwarrior ( 62 Comments › )
Filed under Humor, JUCHE!, North Korea, Open thread at February 23rd, 2012 - 6:29 pm

JUCHE! Let us marvel at the tales and legendary feats of Kim Jong Il as retold in Rodung Sinmun! All Hail the immortal feats of Dear Leader!

KCNA

Pyongyang, February 19 (KCNA) — General secretary Kim Jong Il made public a historic work on Feb. 19, 1974, proclaiming a programme of modeling the whole society on the Juche idea.
The work serves as a monumental document that comprehensively indicates the way for successfully accomplishing the Korean revolution pioneered under the banner of Juche.

Rodong Sinmun today says this in a by-lined article.

It goes on:

Kim Jong Il proclaimed the programme, thus making it possible for the revolutionary idea of President Kim Il Sung to shed its more brilliant rays as the great guiding idea in the era of independence and providing a powerful weapon for making the Korean revolution advance dynamically despite any trial and ordeal.

It was the undying feat performed by Kim Jong Il in leading the cause of modeling the whole society on the Juche idea that he developed in depth the revolutionary idea of the President and immensely glorified it as a great idea steering the era of independence, the article notes, and goes on:

His undying feats lie in the fact that he strengthened the driving force for the Korean revolution in every way with the single-minded unity of the service personnel and people around their leader as a cornerstone.

His immortal feats found their manifestation in the facts that he steadily developed all the fields of revolution and construction as required by Juche.

It was none other than Kim Jong Il who clarified that the revolutionary idea of the President was the only idea to advance the Juche era.

It was the great historic feats performed by Kim Jong Il on behalf of the country and its people that he further enriched the Songun idea based on the Juche idea as required by the era and the developing revolution.

The feats Kim Jong Il performed by strengthening and developing Songun Korea into a single-minded power shining with the idea and august name of the leader are brilliantly recorded in the history of the Workers’ Party of Korea and revolution.

The single-minded unity of the DPRK was strikingly demonstrated before the whole world during the period of mourning over the demise of Kim Jong Il.

Kim Jong Il led the Korean revolution only along the road of victory on the principle of Juche all his life.

Under the wise leadership of Kim Jong Il, an epoch-making turn was brought about in the drive for building an economic power of Korean style and improving the living standard of the people and a stirring reality in which the requirements of the Juche idea were met in all fabrics of social life was unfolded.

It is sad, why doesn’t the American press use all of those wonderful adjectives to praise their Ear Leader? For Obama to even try to get close to rivaling the Dear Leader there has to be more than a tingle up the leg or some weak superlatives like ‘historic’ and ‘clean’ and ‘articulate’. I urge the American and International press to break open those thesauri and elevate the Ear Leader!

Comments

62 Responses to “The Weekly JUCHE! Open Thread”

1. Moe Katz
    1 | February 23, 2012 6:40 pm

You pulled the thread on the NR piece?

2 | February 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

You pulled the thread on the NR piece?

it got released at the wrong time…that is daytime stuff

3. Moe Katz
    3 | February 23, 2012 6:45 pm

I guess my second post didn’t get through, then, but I was congratulating you for looking at a range of media instead of just seeking confirmation of your own views.

4. Moe Katz
    4 | February 23, 2012 6:49 pm

I was scared to death of Goldwater, this being not so long after the Cuba Missile Crisis, and I think a lot of other people were too.

5. citizen_q
    5 | February 23, 2012 7:06 pm

Caught a bit of prez obammy speechifyin. Trying to make fun of the idea that increasing supply of a product would result in lower prices. In this case oil and gas.

Was obammy out doing blow the first day of economics class?

6 | February 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

it’ll run tomorrow at 2pm eastern, get more coverage/readers that way. i dont like to run serious stuff at night.

7 | February 23, 2012 7:08 pm

@ citizen_q:

Oh c’mon!!

Even idiots know that throwing money into unreliable, undeveloped, and unproven technologies is the only reasonable way to solve the self-imposed “energy crisis”!!

Get with it!!

///

8. Alberta Oil Peon
    8 | February 23, 2012 7:09 pm

Where’s my Juche Guevara T-shirt?

9. Alberta Oil Peon
    9 | February 23, 2012 7:10 pm

@ citizen_q:
    Math is hard.

10. NoThreat2U
    10 | February 23, 2012 7:10 pm

@ Bumr50:
    Dude! Saw on the news tonite a PGH dentist office, Katsur Dental…one of the dentists was busted outside the office doing coke on his dashboard. lol lol We have an office here in BC too. This one is in Edgewood. Just and FYI. lol lol lol

11. Alberta Oil Peon
    11 | February 23, 2012 7:16 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

12. citizen_q
    12 | February 23, 2012 7:17 pm

@ Bumr50:
    What was I thinking?

13 | February 23, 2012 7:18 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

cocaine is an excellent oral/nasal local anesthetic.

gonna bet he want using it in the prescribed manner tho.

14 | February 23, 2012 7:20 pm

@ Bumr50:

Obama said that, ‘We can’t drill our way out of
    this.” Yes we can.
    But he does believe that we can spend our way
    out of debt.

15. Alberta Oil Peon
    15 | February 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Cocaine is Nature’s way of telling you you have too much money.

16 | February 23, 2012 7:21 pm

@ NoThreat2U:

Hmm. Nothing online.

What an idiot.

17 | February 23, 2012 7:25 pm

I wonder if cohen were making fun of jews or christians would he be banned? he is making fun of muzzie dictators and well, we just cant have that can we.

In news that has no doubt delighted him, controversy-chasing actor-director Sacha Baron Cohen -- or one of his characters at least -- has been banned from this year’s Oscars ceremony.

Despite the fact Cohen stars in a movie nominated for best film this year, the Martin Scorsese-directed Hugo, Cohen has been told he will not be welcome if he shows up dressed as his latest on-screen persona, His Excellency, General Colonel Admiral Doctor Aladeen, Democratic President-For-Life (etc, etc, etc) of the Republic of Wadiya, aka The Dictator.

18 | February 23, 2012 7:25 pm

citizen_q wrote:

Was obammy out doing blow the first day of economics class?

Bumr50 wrote:

@ citizen_q:

Oh c’mon!!

Get with it!!

///

Algae, baby, algae! Algae here, algae now. // :roll: //

19. Alberta Oil Peon
    19 | February 23, 2012 7:27 pm

huckfunn wrote:

citizen_q wrote:
    Was obammy out doing blow the first day of economics class?

Bumr50 wrote:
    @ citizen_q:
    Oh c’mon!!
    Get with it!!
    ///

Algae, baby, algae! Algae here, algae now. // //

Green scum like green scum.

20. citizen_q
    20 | February 23, 2012 7:31 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Algae, baby, algae! Algae here, algae now. // :roll: //

Is that what is infecting his brain?

Which one of his bundlers stand to get rich(er) on subsedies on that boondoggle?

21 | February 23, 2012 7:31 pm

Bet if he came out as a George W Bush character,
    stumbling & stuttering that the Academy would be
    cool with it.

22. 22 | February 23, 2012 7:33 pm

That upper left photo of Kim Jong-il in his undies reminds me of some Tyrant in his Pants!

23 | February 23, 2012 7:34 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:
    I thought that BO-dawg was going to give a major energy policy speech today and offer more detail on all of the BS Carney has been spewing this week. I was all set to refute that BS on a point by point basis, but who can argue with algae. I spend lots of personal energy every year removing it from my pool. I guess when they say “Go Green” they’re talking about algae.

24. Alberta Oil Peon
    24 | February 23, 2012 7:39 pm

@ huckfunn:
    “Algae” and “AlGore” both begin with “alg”. Coincidence? I think otherwise.

25 | February 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    “Algae” and “AlGore” both begin with “alg”. Coincidence? I think otherwise.

Algoreithm?

26 | February 23, 2012 7:41 pm

@ huckfunn:
    @ Alberta Oil Peon:

algae is ‘sustainable’.

‘sustainable’ will replace ‘global warming’ in all things regulatory and taxes. get ready, cause here it comes…fees on things that are deemed ‘not sustainable’

mark my words this day.

27. 27 | February 23, 2012 7:41 pm

@ huckfunn:
    @ Alberta Oil Peon:

Hey after Obama’s speech, Oil prices spiked. The markets were not impressed with his Algae speech.

28. Moe Katz
    28 | February 23, 2012 7:42 pm

@ huckfunn:
    @ Alberta Oil Peon:

Algofuckyourselves

29 | February 23, 2012 7:43 pm

But algae has “feelings”!!!

///

30 | February 23, 2012 7:44 pm

First we need a ‘sustainable’ Government in DC Town. Without that, all bets are off. :roll:

31 | February 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

@ huckfunn:
    “Algae” and “AlGore” both begin with “alg”. Coincidence? I think otherwise.

“Algae” is a one cell plant.
    “AlGore” is a one cell plant.
    There is a connection there… :twisted:

32 | February 23, 2012 7:46 pm

mark my words this day.

Pharaoh Rameses Conehead was thereupon visited by a plague of algae.

Selah.

33. citizen_q
    33 | February 23, 2012 7:49 pm

huckfunn wrote:

Algoreithm?

Progessive contraception?

Oh no! Not Agenda 21?……… I hate Agenda 21!

34. NoThreat2U
    35 | February 23, 2012 8:02 pm

@ Bumr50:
    Well, trust me. It happened. lol

36 | February 23, 2012 8:08 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    @ citizen_q:
    @ huckfunn:

seriously. replace global warming with ‘sustainable’ and you have the basis for a whole new round of cap and trade, taxes, fees, regulations.

21 baby, blackjack!

36. Lily
    37 | February 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Is it just me or is obama sitting awfully close that guy on the couch?
    Why hasn’t any of obama’s ex-girlfriends said anything about him? I would expect only wonderful things to get by, but even those aren’t even in the wind.
    Was his first date with a girl, michelle?

38 | February 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

Goldwater was an awakening for me.
    I realised that there was something beyond
    the Democrat Party.
    I was too young, but I would have voted for him.
    We would have not lost over 40,000 lives in Viet
    Nam. Goldwater would have leveled Hanoi & we would
    “not have had the destructive LBJ “Great Society”

38. Alberta Oil Peon
    39 | February 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Remember the old “Burning Schoolhouse” firework you could buy? A cardboard representation of a “little brick schoohouse”, it was loaded with small Roman candles, and then burned to the ground after they had gone off.

We need to contract a Chinese fireworks manufacturer to make “Burning Korans” fireworks, that would emit balls of fire and a Satanic sulfurous odor, and then burn to ashes. Print real arabic koran text on chemically-treated paper that will burn like crazy.

40 | February 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Lily wrote:

Is it just me or is obama sitting awfully close that guy on the couch?
    Was his first date with a girl, michelle?

you need to get caught up, lily!

41 | February 23, 2012 8:11 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    @ citizen_q:
    @ huckfunn:
    21 baby, blackjack!

It’s long past time to get rid of the Useless Nations once and for all!! :evil:

42 | February 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

I Like. :twisted:

42. citizen_q
    43 | February 23, 2012 8:14 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Someone needs to make koran toilet paper. Hows that for a response?

43. Lily
    44 | February 23, 2012 8:14 pm

I was only in my single digit ages in the 60′s. Not to mention never really paid much attention to politics until my late 40′s . Maybe why I seem like such a newb when it concerns politics. All I knew was in the 60′s we were at war and to me war was an everlasting thing at least seen through the eyes of a child.

44. Lily
    45 | February 23, 2012 8:16 pm

LOL! Yeah I do don’t I! No wonder he never flies in the same plane as his wife.

45. NoThreat2U
    46 | February 23, 2012 8:17 pm

@ citizen_q:
    If I had the means to do so, I would. I am just little old me in my little corner of PA. Could I really piss off a gazillion people? I would like to find out. lol

46. Dolphin
    47 | February 23, 2012 8:19 pm

@ Lily:
    eeewww! Lol. ;-)

47. brookly red
    48 | February 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Lily wrote:

Is it just me or is obama sitting awfully close that guy on the couch?
    Was his first date with a girl, michelle?

you mean this all could have been avoided!??!? hmmmm, maybe we should allow gay marriages after all LOL

49 | February 23, 2012 8:20 pm

citizen_q wrote:

@ NoThreat2U:
    Someone needs to make koran toilet paper. Hows that for a response?

Something like this??

koran toilet paper
    :twisted:

49. Alberta Oil Peon
    50 | February 23, 2012 8:25 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

citizen_q wrote:
    @ NoThreat2U:
    Someone needs to make koran toilet paper. Hows that for a response?

Something like this??

koran toilet paper

Our slogan: “buff a turd with allahs’ word.”

50. Lily
    51 | February 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ Lily:
    eeewww! Lol.

Come on I’m surely not the only one to think they are drugged up and sitting awfully close am I???
    :shock:

51. Lily
    52 | February 23, 2012 8:28 pm

brookly red wrote:

Lily wrote:

Is it just me or is obama sitting awfully close that guy on the couch?
    Was his first date with a girl, michelle?

Not really sure if that would have helped or not. Because if he wanted to openly gay he could have been. But he decided to get married.
    The one thing that really is odd….nothing said from old girlfriends.
    Unless you consider Larry Sinclair one.

53 | February 23, 2012 8:29 pm

@ Alberta Oil Peon:
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

53. Lily
    54 | February 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Oh well I think this fits with the couch picture.

54. Dolphin
    55 | February 23, 2012 8:34 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    I have to get some of that for our downstairs bathroom! It is a themed bathroom with all kinds of stuff. Fishing, hunting -- even a roll of packaged tp from Russia. It also has a see through shotgun shell that is pretty cool.

55. citizen_q
    56 | February 23, 2012 8:34 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    Just the thing for my morning haj to the kaa’bowl.

56. Lily
    57 | February 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Slow on the uptick…but the answer is oh hell yes!

Is Obama the greatest gun salesman in America?

57. Dolphin
    58 | February 23, 2012 8:37 pm

@ Lily:
    I was referring to the reason of separate planes. I have read a bit on the “friendship” he had and watched the video.

59 | February 23, 2012 8:37 pm

new thread

60 | February 23, 2012 8:38 pm

I speculate Obama not loudly supporting same sex marriage satisfies a Mooch stipulation

60. 61 | February 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Lily wrote:

The one thing that really is odd….nothing said from old girlfriends.
    Unless you consider Larry Sinclair one.

That depends whether he is the Pitcher or Catcher….

61. Moe Katz
    62 | February 23, 2012 9:15 pm

@ Lily:
    Maybe there were three of them on the couch and the one on the end got up and took the picture of the other two… or maybe the camera lens couldn’t get them in the picture together if they sat farther apart. Other than physical proximity I don’t see much chemistry between them in the pic.