Sunday Reflections…

by Kafir ( 7 Comments › )
Filed under Blogmocracy, Open thread, Religion at March 11th, 2012 - 8:30 am

For thoughts, prayers and general reflections…

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

-St. Clement of Alexandra

Recent prayer requests

Tags: ,

Comments

7 Responses to “Sunday Reflections…”

1 | March 11, 2012 9:11 am

Thwart the murderous plans of the Gaza terrorists.

2. eaglesoars
    2 | March 11, 2012 9:12 am

Good morning! I hust wanted to say that this morning I’m very grateful for the flowers we got in our planter yesterday. They are beautiful to wake up to. The robins are regrouping and as of yet don’t seem to be fighting over territory. They just sing.

Don’t get me started on the squirrels, tho’, sorry Lord, there’s only so much I can do before 10 am.

3 | March 11, 2012 9:46 am

eaglesoars wrote:

Rats with bushy tails.

4. mawskrat
    4 | March 11, 2012 9:52 am

@ Speranza:

yep tree rats for sure

5. rain of lead
    5 | March 11, 2012 9:54 am

sometimes you just need to step back and take a breath

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.
    Amen.

6. mawskrat
    6 | March 11, 2012 9:55 am

@ rain of lead:

living life on lifes terms

Amen

7. 7 | March 11, 2012 1:58 pm

My last temp assignment did not turn out well back in February, where I couldn’t continue after only nine and a half hours there, plus four hours’ worth of bus rides, my body was completely and totally wasted. The next morning I woke up with lots of back and lower pain.
    I called the temp agency to call out, and apparently the young woman (who didn’t take too kindly of my calling her ‘lady’ (WTF!) didn’t have an ounce of compassion. And apparently after I asked for ‘Reasonable Accommodations’ (in this case, reduced hours), they decided to terminate the assignment on me.
    My body has had enough. I can no longer determine for myself whether I can take even a temp job. So four days ago I filed for disability and SSI. This sucks. God, how much more do I have to take?