A new NASCAR team: America-Israel Racing

by Bob in Breckenridge ( 88 Comments › )
Filed under History, Israel, Sports at March 22nd, 2012 - 5:00 pm

Now this is too cool. A new NASCAR racing team sponsored by Americans who support Israel. Check out the pics at the bottom of the story.

United with Israel at NASCAR!

United with Israel has teamed up with a NASCAR race team whose mission is to spread a message of American support for Israel. Although the “race track” is not a typical venue for pro-Israel advocacy, it will likely become a very effective way to spread positive messages about Israel.

America Israel Racing (AIR) was formed to raise awareness of the importance of America supporting Israel through a unique and very public forum – the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

United with Israel is proud to be a sponsor of this incredible effort to promote grassroots support for Israel through America’s most popular spectator sport. “NASCAR provides an entirely new forum to reach and teach millions of people about the importance of standing with Israel,” says Michael Gerbitz of United with Israel.

The America Israel Racing No. 49 Toyota is driven by JJ Yeley, who finished 26 in last Sunday’s Subway Fresh Fit 500 in Phoenix. Yeley currently sits 38th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Standings.

“This is a critical time in our nation’s history as it pertains to our relationship with Israel,” said Rich Shirey, co-founder of AIR. “As the only true democracy in the Middle East, we feel it is critical that the United States reaffirms its commitment to stand beside Israel.”

AIR partnered with NASCAR veteran Jay Robinson of Robinson-Blakeney Racing for the first three races of 2012 and hopes to continue the relationship throughout the entire NASCAR Sprint Cup season with the support of like-minded individuals AIR will spread its message of American Israeli support by placing a car in the NASCAR Sprint Cup field for the entire 2012 season. Anyone wishing to support America Israel Racing and its cause can make a donation online at AmericaIsraelRacing.com.

“If enough people make a stand, the world will take notice,” said Shirey.

About America Israel Racing

America Israel Racing was formed to raise awareness of the importance of America supporting Israel, the only true democracy in the Middle East, as it stands against its enemies. The North Carolina-based race team, founded in 2011, is in the process of fundraising to field a car in the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starting with the Daytona 500. Through strategic partnerships and joint ventures with other organizations, America Israel Racing hopes to spread the message throughout the world that the United States supports Israel.

You can visit the America Israel Racing website by clicking here.

Tags:

Comments

88 Responses to “A new NASCAR team: America-Israel Racing”

1. 1 | March 22, 2012 5:01 pm

I may start watching NASCAR now. This is cool.

2. 2 | March 22, 2012 5:04 pm

That’s just great. Not enough for me to watch cars going around in a circle for hours but still great.

3. Eliana
    3 | March 22, 2012 5:06 pm

This is wonderful!!!

4. Eliana
    4 | March 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks for the topic, Bob!

5 | March 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Who’s gonna drive?

6. 6 | March 22, 2012 5:35 pm

@ Eliana:

Aint it late over there?

7. 7 | March 22, 2012 5:35 pm

@ Rancher:

Nascar aint my thing either. But to each their own.

8. Eliana
    8 | March 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Yeah, it’s going on midnight here! :-)

See email from me!

Thanks!

9 | March 22, 2012 5:38 pm

People are still miffed about NASCAR mgmnt banning the old “General Lee” Dodge Charger Pace Car from the “Dukes of Hazzard” show because it had a Confederate flag on the roof. CAIR will probably try to
    have this car banned.

10. 10 | March 22, 2012 5:40 pm

@ Eliana:

Responded.

11. 11 | March 22, 2012 5:41 pm

@ The Osprey:

CAIR and The Left. Charles Johnson will condemn this car as racist. Watch.

12 | March 22, 2012 5:42 pm

Obama’s View of Israel Shaped By Radical Leftist Chicago Rabbi, Sympathizer of Chicago Seven And The PLO…

WOW! And he never bothered to learn if there are any other better perspective

13. Eliana
    13 | March 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Thanks!

14. 14 | March 22, 2012 5:57 pm

@ waldensianspirit:

Doesn’t shock me. Obama is 3rd World Liberation to the core.

15. 15 | March 22, 2012 6:04 pm

I wonder how does one say “Yeee-HAWWWWWW! in Hebrew?

16. 16 | March 22, 2012 6:19 pm

CAIR has a car too.

17. 17 | March 22, 2012 6:21 pm

@ Rancher:

:lol: !

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 | March 22, 2012 6:32 pm

@ Rancher:

Does it explode halfway through every race when it gets around the most possible cars?

19. 19 | March 22, 2012 6:42 pm

Why oh why couldn’t Tony Stewart be driving this car???

20. 20 | March 22, 2012 6:51 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Is Tony Stewart Jewish? Just curious….

21. 21 | March 22, 2012 6:54 pm

@ Macker:

I don’t know, but he’s my NASCAR driver and it would be TOO cool if he won. Especially since he also owns the U.S. Army 39 Car.

22 | March 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Why oh why couldn’t Tony Stewart be driving this car???

they need a rabbi with a great accent as a crew chief.

then the protestants should get a car and they can fight amongst themselves about the new rules this year and split off a few times so that they have 6 or 7 teams. the catholics could get a team and claim to be following the original rules. the orthodox can get a team and never apply the new rules and still use carburetors claiming that they are following the original divine fuel delivery and metering mode intended by god. .

23. 23 | March 22, 2012 6:59 pm

I never asked you this, but, what exactly is your avatar? A Skull & what? 8)

24 | March 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:
    Why oh why couldn’t Tony Stewart be driving this car???

they need a rabbi with a great accent as a crew chief.

And than there’s the Amish Team… L :shock: L

25 | March 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Macker wrote:

I never asked you this, but, what exactly is your avatar? A Skull & what?

a bottle of wine, a cleaned bone, a santoku hochu, and a nakiri bocho

26. 26 | March 22, 2012 7:04 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

Talk about your horsepower, and caution flags for “debris” on the track.

27 | March 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:
    Why oh why couldn’t Tony Stewart be driving this car???
    they need a rabbi with a great accent as a crew chief.

And than there’s the Amish Team… L L

HAHAHAAA!!!

ONE HORSE POWER!

28. 28 | March 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Oh man…..”Jazzman” just came up on the iPod rotation. That song is totally ruined for me now. I can’t listen to it at normal speed anymore since Rodan slowed it down for the radio show….

29. Poteen
    29 | March 22, 2012 7:09 pm

That’s funny.

But from here on out don’t golf in bad weather. Lightning, you know./

30. citizen_q
    30 | March 22, 2012 7:09 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

How about Rav Shmuel?

31. Poteen
    31 | March 22, 2012 7:12 pm

they need a rabbi with a great accent as a crew chief.

The only true expert on the YeChevy powerplant.

32 | March 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Poteen wrote:

they need a rabbi with a great accent as a crew chief.
    The only true expert on the YeChevy powerplant.

HAHAHA!!!!

i got nothin!

33. Poteen
    33 | March 22, 2012 7:18 pm

It’ll run on a new purple alcohol based fuel refined and supplied by Manichewitz.

34. Brick
    34 | March 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:
    Why oh why couldn’t Tony Stewart be driving this car???

they need a rabbi with a great accent as a crew chief.

..and the Episcopal team will be the first to have a hybrid engine and allow their driver to marry another driver.

Evening, all.

35. NoThreat2U
    35 | March 22, 2012 7:21 pm

OK, yinz are having way too much fun with this. lol The car is pretty damn awesome though.

36. Poteen
    36 | March 22, 2012 7:24 pm

intended by god. ………

Pre race benedictions start at 6 am. Race at 2 pm.//

37. Dolphin
    37 | March 22, 2012 7:25 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    “Read” you have been MIA. How are you doing? Good to have you back!

38. Poteen
    38 | March 22, 2012 7:26 pm

The #49 car. Why not 48?

39. NoThreat2U
    39 | March 22, 2012 7:28 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Well, I had twelve pounds of fluid drained from my gut. They could have gotten more but it started to hurt. May have to do it again, but I am willing because that weight was dragging me down. Got most of my bloodwork done. Seeing the gastro doc Monday to discuss the fluid and what might be in it. And it is nice to be back :)

40 | March 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Poteen wrote:

intended by god. ………
    Pre race benedictions start at 6 am. Race at 2 pm.//

perogie making and vespers precede the benediction.

41. NoThreat2U
    41 | March 22, 2012 7:30 pm

I think i will task myself with learning how to make perogies.

42. Brick
    42 | March 22, 2012 7:32 pm

@ Dolphin:

WOW! Welcome back. :)

43. NoThreat2U
    43 | March 22, 2012 7:33 pm

@ Brick:
    Thank you kindly. It is nice to be back amongst friends. So, what have I missed?

44. Dolphin
    44 | March 22, 2012 7:35 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    WOW! And I thought I was having a bad week. Hope it helped and you are feeling better.

45. Brick
    45 | March 22, 2012 7:36 pm

@ Brick:

::looking at his feet::

I’m not really sure, because I haven’t been around that much lately either. :(

46. Poteen
    46 | March 22, 2012 7:40 pm

An Israeli NASCAR team. Never would have thunk it. I hope they do well. I really do. I will definitely watch. I hear the driver, JJ Yeley, learned his craft from the great ridge-runner Junior Johnstein./

—I’m sorry but Israeli NASCAR jokes write themselves.—

47. NoThreat2U
    47 | March 22, 2012 7:44 pm

@ Dolphin:
    I do feel much better, but there is still some fluid in there. After awhile, the vacuum effect pulls on the soft tissue and that hurts really bad. I will probably have to do it again. They said they have some patients who get it done at least once a week.

@ Brick:
    Well now we are all here…let the festivities begin!! lol

48. 48 | March 22, 2012 7:46 pm

@ Poteen:

Well…Bibi was born in ’49!

49 | March 22, 2012 7:52 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

I think i will task myself with learning how to make perogies.

find a hunkie church that sells them and volunteer to help make them, then you can learn from the babushka masters!

50 | March 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Poteen wrote:

—I’m sorry but Israeli NASCAR jokes write themselves.—

this will be a never ending source of humor.

51. 51 | March 22, 2012 7:53 pm

let the festivities begin!! lol

Did somebody say…………. Festivities……………..

52. Brick
    52 | March 22, 2012 8:00 pm

doriangrey wrote:

let the festivities begin!! lol
    Did somebody say…………. Festivities……………..

Looked like a helluva show. They’ve gotta be pushing 50 and they still sound pretty good.

53. NoThreat2U
    53 | March 22, 2012 8:01 pm

I wonder if St. Cecelia’s does it?

54. Poteen
    54 | March 22, 2012 8:02 pm

Macker wrote:

@ Poteen:
    Well…Bibi was born in ’49!

I was thinking they were just too cheap to buy 48 from whoever has it now.///

--rimshot--

55. 55 | March 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Brick wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    let the festivities begin!! lol
    Did somebody say…………. Festivities……………..

Kiss was formed in 1973, so yea, they will be a band for 50 years next year. And they are going out on tour again this year with Motley Crue. :shock:

56. 56 | March 22, 2012 8:07 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Brick wrote:
    doriangrey wrote:
    let the festivities begin!! lol
    Did somebody say…………. Festivities……………..

Kiss was formed in 1973, so yea, they will be a band for 50 30 years next year. And they are going out on tour again this year with Motley Crue.

57. Dolphin
    57 | March 22, 2012 8:10 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    What are perogies?

58. 58 | March 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Try 40. 8)

59. Calo
    59 | March 22, 2012 8:13 pm

::minding my own business wondering what college degree DG has hanging on his wall::

60. 60 | March 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Calo wrote:

I would tell you… But my readers don’t magnify enough for me to read the fine print anymore… :oops:

61. Brick
    61 | March 22, 2012 8:16 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Brick wrote:
    doriangrey wrote:
    let the festivities begin!! lol
    Did somebody say…………. Festivities……………..

I have a question for the Blogmoc Buckaroo Banzai.

I’m assuming a band makes money from concert appearances, and royalties on music sales. Any other revenue streams? Which of these pays more, generally? I imagine a tour would be cubic dollars of income in a short time frame, while royalties would be a smaller trickle of steadier income assuming the music was found likeable by enough people?

62. 62 | March 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Macker wrote:

Try 40.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Trying to confuse NT2U…

63. CynicalConservative
    63 | March 22, 2012 8:16 pm

I can dooz maff

/lurk

64. Dolphin
    64 | March 22, 2012 8:20 pm

65. NoThreat2U
    65 | March 22, 2012 8:20 pm

@ Dolphin:
    Really? They are like an oversized ravioli stuffed with potato and cheese and sometimes other things. First you boil them soft, drop them into a hot skillet with onions. YUM!

66. Brick
    66 | March 22, 2012 8:23 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

I can dooz maff
    /lurk

That number and symbol stuff is hard. Can’t we just watch a movie instead?

67. Dolphin
    67 | March 22, 2012 8:27 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Yep! Really! But those sound good!

68. NoThreat2U
    68 | March 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Too late….I am always confused. Life is easier that way.

69. CynicalConservative
    69 | March 22, 2012 8:28 pm

And while I’m waiting for my SR1911, I’ve been oogling this… Springfield Long Slide 1911

“Obama, the best gun-seller in a generation.”

/lurk

70. NoThreat2U
    70 | March 22, 2012 8:29 pm

@ Dolphin:
    I really hated them as a kid, but as I got older I devoured them. Not everyone pan frys theirs, I do.

71. 71 | March 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Brick wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    doriangrey wrote:
    let the festivities begin!! lol
    Did somebody say…………. Festivities……………..

I have a question for the Blogmoc Buckaroo Banzai.

Well first of all, there are four types of royalties. there is, 1) Mechanical Replication, which is what you make off each copy sold. 2) Performance which is what you make every time your material is played on the Radio or Television and 3) Cabaret, which is what you make when a cover band plays your song in a club and 4) Publication, which is what you make when your material is transcribed and published in a book.

1) Mechanical Replication royalties pretty much end when your album/CD stops selling and depending on your contract can represent the bulk of your earnings unless like Kiss or the Rolling Stones you endure as a band forever. Or unless like the Grateful Dead you tour right up until you drop dead.

2) Performance royalties depend entirely on where your recording tracks on the music charts, and if it charts in the top 40 will be your longest running, but not highest revenue source.

3) Cabaret royalties depend on how popular you became with both the general public and other musicians and you pretty much have to have cracked the top 40 to receive them, and they generally speaking are a pittance.

4) Publication royalties are nice, if you are popular enough to have people want to learn to play your material, but generally don’t earn you a whole lot. Almost more of a vanity industry for musicians.

Touring can be profitable, very very profitable, but is only possible if you can stand the people in your band enough to, well actually tour with them. The advantage to touring, is that you can do it for a very long time after you have peaked in sales and radio airtime.

Depending on how savvy you are there are also other revenue streams available, books, speaking engagements, seminars, movie and TV roles.

72. 72 | March 22, 2012 8:37 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

“Obama, the best gun-seller in a generation.”
    /lurk

Ohhhhhhhhh Shiny……………. <—- get's all confused and distracted… :oops:

73. NoThreat2U
    73 | March 22, 2012 8:38 pm

That comes with age :)

74. 74 | March 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Oh… And I left out Merchandising… which Gene Simmons of KISS is the undisputed master of, well that and self-promotion… :razz:

75. 75 | March 22, 2012 8:40 pm

That comes with age

You trying to get a spanking little girl… :twisted:

76. NoThreat2U
    76 | March 22, 2012 8:41 pm

*snort* Yeah, that’s what I’m going for.

77. 77 | March 22, 2012 8:42 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

*snort* Yeah, that’s what I’m going for.

I always figured you for a naughty girl… :razz:

78. NoThreat2U
    78 | March 22, 2012 8:44 pm

I am as bad as I wanna be :) :)

79. 79 | March 22, 2012 8:47 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

I am as bad as I wanna be

ROTFLMAO… I bet you are… :razz:

80. NoThreat2U
    80 | March 22, 2012 8:51 pm

See, God made me get sick because he knew I might go out of control at any moment. lol lol

81. NoThreat2U
    81 | March 22, 2012 8:54 pm

What’s even worse is that my daughter is just like me. And right now my sister is in town. At any other time I would tell you to be happy you are on the opposite coast. lol

82. 82 | March 22, 2012 9:18 pm

NoThreat2U wrote:

You, your daughter and your sister all in one place at the same time…

83 | March 22, 2012 9:33 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

“Obama, the best gun-seller in a generation.”

/lurk

Pssst… Hey, Señor; do you want to see some dirty pictures?

84. CynicalConservative
    84 | March 22, 2012 9:41 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Lovely…

/lurk

85. Brick
    85 | March 22, 2012 9:49 pm

doriangrey wrote:

I applied to rockstar school but didn’t get accepted. :(

And, thank you for the inside education. :)

86. Bob in Breckenridge
    86 | March 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Poteen wrote:

The #49 car. Why not 48?

5 time NASCAR champ Jimmie Johnson already drives the LOWE’S 48 car, and has for years.

87. Bob in Breckenridge
    87 | March 22, 2012 10:23 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

Who’s gonna drive?

J.J. Yeley. He came over to NASCAR from racing Indy cars.

88. 88 | March 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Poteen wrote:

The #49 car. Why not 48?

Nah -- Jimmie Johnson always fucks up early in the season.