Vodka Fountain OOT

by coldwarrior ( 34 Comments › )
Filed under Food and Drink, OOT, Open thread at March 29th, 2012 - 11:00 pm

Oh, yes…a booze fountain!

Fountain of vodka to be built in Georgia

28.03.2012 | Source:

Pravda.Ru

Fountain of vodka to be built in Georgia. 46934.jpeg

An unusual fountain is expected to appear in the city of Batumi, Georgia, at the end of the upcoming summer. A tower to be erected in Gogebashvili Street will be pumping flavored vodka, known as chacha, or grape brandy, instead of water once a week for 10-15 minutes.

The goal of the project is to attract tourists. The authors of the project say that the fountain will be “erupting” the vodka made only by local Georgian companies, Business Georgia website said.

In addition to the fountain, the tower will house an information tourist center, four open-air swimming pools and other facilities.

“It will be a 25-meter-high building in Asian style. One a week, the fountain will be shooting vodka instead of water. The main function of the tour is to advertise the city and attract tourists,” Irina Shervashidze, the head of the press service of the municipal administration said, Rosbalt reports.

Chacha is a strong alcohol beverage made from grapes. The beverage is widely popular in Georgia. Many Georgians like to make chacha from the grapes that they grow themselves.

Comments

34 Responses to “Vodka Fountain OOT”

1. AZfederalist
    1 | March 29, 2012 11:19 pm

Wow, the bums are going to love digging for change in that fountain

2 | March 29, 2012 11:31 pm

They’ve got one of those at the Big Rock Candy Mountain.

3. 3 | March 29, 2012 11:31 pm

AZfederalist wrote:

Wow, the bums are going to love digging for change in that fountain

Hmmm, wonder where CW is planning on taking his next vacation… :twisted:

4. Bob in Breckenridge
    4 | March 30, 2012 2:22 am

Of course, this is the same Pravda that endorsed the Marxist occupying the White House for re-election. Obviously, drinking too much vodka leads one to make idiotic suggestions.

5 | March 30, 2012 3:13 am

Damn…first time in a week I actually have a chance to be on here, and nobody’s home.

6. 6 | March 30, 2012 5:14 am

It’s all in the timing…

7 | March 30, 2012 5:25 am

@ Mike C.:

I suppose so.

8 | March 30, 2012 5:27 am

I had my first experience driving in Kuwait this week. I spent this whole week working up at Camp Buehring, up near the border. Yesterday, I went up there by myself.

Aside from a close encounter with a camel, it was a pretty uneventful trip.

Long drive, though.

9. 9 | March 30, 2012 5:46 am

Good Morning all. Pictures are ready for the end of the week.

10 | March 30, 2012 6:01 am

@ PaladinPhil:

Who’s protesting?

Marx?

Clearly he’s just upset about the hypnotist that made him talk like a cat and then left.

11 | March 30, 2012 6:08 am

Happy Hoodie Day!

12 | March 30, 2012 6:30 am

Threatening SCOTUS?

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D), a former attorney general of Connecticut, pointed out that the US Supreme Court would damage itself if it did something so ridiculous as find Obamacare unconstitutional.

“The court commands no armies, it has no money; it depends for its power on its credibility. The only reason people obey it is because it has that credibility. And the court risks grave damage if it strikes down a statute of this magnitude and importance, and stretches so dramatically and drastically to do it.”

13. 13 | March 30, 2012 6:47 am

Aside from a close encounter with a camel, it was a pretty uneventful trip.
    Long drive, though.

You do not want to hit a camel. Aside from the fact that it will inevitably turn out to be a very valuable racing camel and some poor man’s only asset (read Ka-Ching!), it’s like a cow on stilts -- the car cuts the legs out from under them and the body comes right through the windshield. Occupants rarely survive.

14 | March 30, 2012 6:58 am

@ Mike C.:

Probably a lot like a moose.

15 | March 30, 2012 7:09 am

@ Mike C.:

Are there “wild” camels over there?

I’d assumed they were kind of like horses, mostly domesticated.

16. mawskrat
    16 | March 30, 2012 7:22 am

Good Mornin All…make it a great day!

17. 17 | March 30, 2012 7:27 am

@ Bumr50:

EXACTLY like a moose. And no, there are no wild camels in the ME. They all belong to somebody, and they ain’t cheap.

18. 18 | March 30, 2012 7:38 am

@ Bumr50:
    People protesting The Chinless Opthamologist. They were marching up from the U.S. Consulate and headed to Dundas Square.

19 | March 30, 2012 7:44 am

Spearfishing. OUCH!

(from my inbox)

20. mawskrat
    20 | March 30, 2012 7:49 am

@ Bumr50:

dag what a buzz kill

21 | March 30, 2012 7:53 am

@ mawskrat:

That’s some deep muscle trauma there.

It came with no backstory.

22. 22 | March 30, 2012 8:01 am

@ Bumr50:

Owie! That had to hurt! That is a radical piercing!

23 | March 30, 2012 8:42 am

@ PaladinPhil:

Hey Phil!

You ever check this guy’s work out?

He’s done mostly album art (I’m a Floydian).

I dig his stuff.

24 | March 30, 2012 9:00 am

@ PaladinPhil:

You’re site won’t let me comment, FYI.

25 | March 30, 2012 9:11 am

@ Mike C.:

You do not want to hit a camel. Aside from the fact that it will inevitably turn out to be a very valuable racing camel and some poor man’s only asset (read Ka-Ching!), it’s like a cow on stilts – the car cuts the legs out from under them and the body comes right through the windshield. Occupants rarely survive.

I had that thought as I went past it. I was driving a mid-size SUV, and still had to look up to see most of its body as I went by.

Fortunately, it was on a long straight stretch of the road that connects the northern camps to Highway 80, so I spotted it standing by the side of the road from a good way off. I slowed way down on the assumption that it was going to do exactly what it did, wandering out into the middle of the road just about the time I got there.

There are some blind hills on that road, though. If it had been in the road when I came over the top of one, there would have been nothing I could do.

Three contractors have died on that road so far this year.

26. 26 | March 30, 2012 9:15 am

@ Bumr50:
    Interesting. A lot of photoshopping involved though. Beyond my skill level. Still, interesting shots and I can see how they could be duplicated. Especially the water toss one.

27. 27 | March 30, 2012 9:17 am

@ Bumr50:
    Really? It should. How are you signing in? Typepad? I know realwest can’t do it that way.

28 | March 30, 2012 9:19 am

@ PaladinPhil:

First Google, then WordPress.

Google gave me an error on your end, WordPress on mine.

29. 29 | March 30, 2012 9:25 am

@ Bumr50:
    Hmmm, I wonder what would cause that. Try doing it anonymously.

30 | March 30, 2012 9:27 am

@ PaladinPhil:

Will do…

31 | March 30, 2012 9:39 am

@ PaladinPhil:

STILL NOTHING!

And it keeps giving me a “Blogger” error on your end.

32. 32 | March 30, 2012 9:43 am

@ Bumr50:
    Huh! Will have to look into it when I get a chance. First I have heard of this being really a problem.

33 | March 30, 2012 9:49 am

@ PaladinPhil:

Well, anyway:

Hey, I really dig your work!

It really captures the essence of your beautiful city, and gives me a different perspective…really takes me there.

Thanks! And keep it up -- it’s appreciated!

34. 34 | March 30, 2012 9:59 am