First time visitor? Learn more.

We be Jammin…OOT

by coldwarrior ( 33 Comments › )
Filed under Music, OOT, Open thread, Uncategorized at March 30th, 2012 - 11:00 pm

I always suspected the printer repair guy was a Rastafarian.

 

 

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WlCdiU9IzA

Comments

Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

Play nice!

33 Responses to “We be Jammin…OOT”
( jump to bottom )

  1. Brick
    1 | March 30, 2012 11:12 pm

    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WM26J3DYXw

    (audio only.)


  2. Bumr50
    2 | March 30, 2012 11:18 pm

    @ Brick:

    That’s pretty sweet.


  3. Bumr50
    3 | March 30, 2012 11:24 pm

    @ Brick:

    New Shins ain’t so bad.

    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6xCdPP86E


  4. Brick
    4 | March 30, 2012 11:30 pm

    Bumr50 wrote:

    @ Brick:
    New Shins ain’t so bad.

    To my ears – a 70’s brit pop/Mamas & the Papas/synth/almost ballad sound.

    I like it!


  5. Moe Katz
    5 | March 30, 2012 11:33 pm

    If the printer is always jamming it may be time to clean the Bay City Rollers.


  6. Brick
    6 | March 30, 2012 11:37 pm

    Another Gram Rabbit. (audio only.)

    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeIVOBmIeTg


  7. Brick
    7 | March 30, 2012 11:39 pm

    Moe Katz wrote:

    If the printer is always jamming it may be time to clean the Bay City Rollers.

    That’s tomorrow night, remember?

    S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y…NIGHT!


  8. Moe Katz
    8 | March 30, 2012 11:57 pm

    New book: “Cooking With Poo.”


  9. Da_Beerfreak
    9 | March 31, 2012 2:00 am

    A morgue has more life in it than this place lately… :roll:


  10. AZfederalist
    10 | March 31, 2012 2:19 am

    @ Moe Katz:

    I don’t care who you are, that right there was funny. :-)


  11. Guggi
    11 | March 31, 2012 2:30 am

    Da_Beerfreak wrote:

    A morgue has more life in it than this place lately…

    An Austrian singer once had a song about the famous “Zentralfriedhof” in Vienna and that there would be more live there than in the city of Vienna

    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qRdFvnX_f0


  12. 12 | March 31, 2012 4:29 am

    One of the Night rumes if my life.


  13. 13 | March 31, 2012 5:38 am

    This is what happens when you get two OOTs in a single night…


  14. Speranza
    14 | March 31, 2012 7:03 am

    Friday was one of the slowest days ever at this blog.


  15. coldwarrior
    15 | March 31, 2012 7:36 am

    Speranza wrote:

    Friday was one of the slowest days ever at this blog.

    probably two things going on

    1. so far every spring the numbers go down

    2. the language/abuse here is getting bad again.

    3. and i just noticed this: take away the page views for ‘obama’s boyfriend’ and we are in a death spiral.

    so, we can let the abuse and the language scare everyone off or we can do something about it. last time i tried, i failed to change the culture and in fact got into fights with some of the others involved in this endevour. so you have any ideas?

    i know i sure dont send anyone who respect here to read out of embarrassment for some of the language and abuse.


  16. Speranza
    16 | March 31, 2012 7:59 am

    @ coldwarrior:
    The abuse started last summer and frankly turned me off. Also do not forget DoD has eaten its master,


  17. coldwarrior
    17 | March 31, 2012 8:08 am

    Speranza wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    The abuse started last summer and frankly turned me off. Also do not forget DoD has eaten its master,

    i am all for cracking down on abuse and the language.

    things that don’t fly in civil society shouldn’t fly here. but, i guess free speech is too much for people to handle. so we will die a sad and slow death here on blogmocracy. it was a gallant effort tho.

    as for DoD…not sure what to say there.


  18. 18 | March 31, 2012 8:39 am

    @ coldwarrior:

    In my experience, blogs inevitably change over time; sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Don’t beat yourself up over it.


  19. coldwarrior
    19 | March 31, 2012 8:42 am

    @ Mike C.:

    true, true…


  20. 20 | March 31, 2012 8:49 am

    @ coldwarrior:

    The original GCP vanished in a blinding flash of rage one night. Quickest transition I ever saw. Took the survivors a week or so to build a new house.


  21. coldwarrior
    21 | March 31, 2012 8:57 am

    Mike C. wrote:

    @ coldwarrior:
    The original GCP vanished in a blinding flash of rage one night. Quickest transition I ever saw. Took the survivors a week or so to build a new house.

    i would like to avoid that if possible.

    that sounds like too much work!


  22. 22 | March 31, 2012 9:05 am

    @ coldwarrior:

    Keep a list of member e-mails, just in case… The technical part isn’t that difficult if you can contact the members. Your archives are toast, though.


  23. 23 | March 31, 2012 10:38 am

    coldwarrior wrote:

    Speranza wrote:
    @ coldwarrior:
    The abuse started last summer and frankly turned me off. Also do not forget DoD has eaten its master,

    i am all for cracking down on abuse and the language.
    things that don’t fly in civil society shouldn’t fly here. but, i guess free speech is too much for people to handle. so we will die a sad and slow death here on blogmocracy. it was a gallant effort tho.
    as for DoD…not sure what to say there.

    Sorry, the language has nothing to do with it, speranza actually hit the problem right square on the head. DoD has eaten it parent. Anyone who thinks language harms a blog, hasn’t paid attention to the most successful blogs or forums on the internet. The success or failure of any blog or forum, sorry to have to say this, always comes down to one thing and one only. Content.


  24. RIX
    24 | March 31, 2012 11:01 am

    Finalo Four today! From all that I read there is really
    bad blood between Louisville & Kentucky.


  25. mawskrat
    25 | March 31, 2012 11:08 am

    I need more angst in order to post more///


  26. coldwarrior
    26 | March 31, 2012 12:04 pm

    @ doriangrey:

    as was said there are multiple problems.

    my point is, among the other listed is that i wont send anyone to this blog out of fear of being embarrassed by the language and abuse the gets doeld out.

    if an owner wont even sent readers over to his own site, then there is a problem. we have lost quality content because we have abused and vulgarized the joint so that it cant support quality any more.

    as for DoD…if that’s what people want to do all day, good on them.


  27. 27 | March 31, 2012 10:42 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    Oddly enough, you nailed it. I’ve stopped visiting, mainly for the continual inane bashing of qualified GOP Presidential candidates. Some pundits here are doing more for the liberal opposition than the libs are themselves.

    Is this an op-ed blog, or is it something more substantial than “Obama’s Boyfriend” type garbage?

    In my opinion, The Blogmocracy has boxed itself into a corner; it’s become the echo chamber that it originally rebelled against.

    I wish the best for The Blogmocracy, as I’ve invested a lot of my own time and effort, both promoting it and providing content. HOWEVER, when I stop visiting the very OOTs that I post myself, something is wrong, and I’m not sure exactly how to fix it.


  28. coldwarrior
    28 | April 1, 2012 7:39 pm

    Bunk X wrote:

    I’ve stopped visiting, mainly for the continual inane bashing of qualified GOP Presidential candidates. Some pundits here are doing more for the liberal opposition than the libs are themselves.

    that is what primaries are for. i refuse to be spoon fed the next candidate without question. i will not march lock step. that was a mostly healthy argument had here unlike other places who just rolled over for romney (NRO being one of them)

    now that the primaries are over and romney will be the candidate, i am sure the rhetoric will tone down. the abuse and the language WILL tone down either by free will or by deletions.

    now, i have issued fair warning and heads will roll. the rules are plain to see on the ‘about’ page and the owners are in agreement. there will be deletions and edits as we see fit because what we were doing wasn’t working.


  29. Brick
    29 | April 1, 2012 7:48 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    Bunk X wrote:
    I’ve stopped visiting, mainly for the continual inane bashing of qualified GOP Presidential candidates. Some pundits here are doing more for the liberal opposition than the libs are themselves.
    that is what primaries are for. i refuse to be spoon fed the next candidate without question. i will not march lock step. that was a mostly healthy argument had here unlike other places who just rolled over for romney (NRO being one of them)
    now that the primaries are over and romney will be the candidate, i am sure the rhetoric will tone down. the abuse and the language WILL tone down either by free will or by deletions.
    now, i have issued fair warning and heads will roll. the rules are plain to see on the ‘about’ page and the owners are in agreement. there will be deletions and edits as we see fit because what we were doing wasn’t working.

    Just out of curiosity – did the total page views increase when you went to the multi-topic sidebar format?

    I’m wondering if it’s a case of total comments/views are now just spread more thinly across many more threads?


  30. coldwarrior
    30 | April 1, 2012 7:54 pm

    @ Brick:

    there is no statistically significant increase in page views after the format change.

    you cant tell where it is on the graphs or tables


  31. Brick
    31 | April 1, 2012 8:05 pm

    coldwarrior wrote:

    @ Brick:
    there is no statistically significant increase in page views after the format change.
    you cant tell where it is on the graphs or tables

    So more input in terms of content, effort, and maintenance for statistically similar results?


  32. coldwarrior
    32 | April 1, 2012 8:10 pm

    Brick wrote:

    coldwarrior wrote:
    @ Brick:
    there is no statistically significant increase in page views after the format change.
    you cant tell where it is on the graphs or tables

    So more input in terms of content, effort, and maintenance for statistically similar results?

    the page views are way up because of other factors

    the page views remain the same on roll-out because now instead of the threads getting all clogged with 540 different topics, the side bar allows important stories to be published and commented upon at the reader’s leisure.


  33. 33 | April 1, 2012 10:35 pm

    @ coldwarrior:
    I understand your point, but that was not mine.
    http://www.theblogmocracy.com/2012/04/01/blogmocracy-live-29/#comment-997952


Back to the Top

The Blogmocracy

website design was Built By David