Rum + Coke + Library

by Bunk X ( 67 Comments › )
Filed under Food and Drink, Humor, OOT, Open thread at March 31st, 2012 - 11:00 pm

[via]
Last night I asked Bunkessa what she thought the library rocker was listening to, and without hesitation she said, “Dragonforce.” I didn’t know whether to be amazed or concerned, so I decided it was best not ask.

Some things are best not known and not second-guessed, unlike here, on
The Overnight Open Thread.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

67 Responses to “Rum + Coke + Library”

1. song_and_dance_man
    1 | March 31, 2012 11:18 pm

Looks like a tweaker session with booze to dull the edge.

2. 2 | March 31, 2012 11:23 pm

@ song_and_dance_man:
    Just read through some of the recent drama. It’s one of the main reasons I declined the offer of becoming an admin here.

3. 3 | March 31, 2012 11:26 pm

Um, to be precise that would have to be “Through The Fire and Flames” to match the head movements!

Oh wait, I am supposed to be the Old Fart! Never Mind!

4. song_and_dance_man
    4 | March 31, 2012 11:26 pm

@ Bunk X:

I also went back and read a bit. At one time I was going to be a contributor here but decided against it. It revolved about a whole different kind of drama.

5. Bob-Crotchit
    5 | March 31, 2012 11:29 pm

Jack

Isn’t that video of Suki Wong doing research for us right before WLGF cancelled the Bob and Jack Show?

6 | March 31, 2012 11:31 pm

Tempest in a thimble.
    The same old handful of suspects.
    Each one trying to get the last word.

7. song_and_dance_man
    7 | March 31, 2012 11:33 pm

AZOlddog wrote:

Oh wait, I am supposed to be the Old Fart! Never Mind!

Sabbaths Paranoid also works ala Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz.

8. 8 | March 31, 2012 11:41 pm

This song has the same effect on me:
    httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtWvn4k5HZw

esp. @ 2:35

9 | March 31, 2012 11:43 pm

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzcv5TJkJBA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

10. song_and_dance_man
    10 | March 31, 2012 11:49 pm

@ The Osprey:

Now I want some grog as a night cap.

11 | March 31, 2012 11:50 pm

Rum. Arrrrrggh matey!

12. 12 | March 31, 2012 11:51 pm

Rum + Coke + Library

A-ha… I always knew it was Col. Mustard in the Library with a candlestick whiskey bottle…

13. AZfederalist
    13 | March 31, 2012 11:57 pm

Bunk X wrote:

It’s one of the main reasons I declined the offer of becoming an admin here

Sometimes it’s good not to be king.

14. Moe Katz
    14 | April 1, 2012 12:02 am

@ Bunk X:
    That WAS a bit unpleasant, wasn’t it?

15. song_and_dance_man
    15 | April 1, 2012 12:07 am

The first time I heard that song I was thinking, how in the heck could 15 men sit on one dead mans chest. And then later, as I aged and understood the lyric, it was not the chest of a man, but a booty chest. But even to this day, it still makes no sense literally. Unless that is those pirates were very small.

Unlike these scalawags

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWU1CmrJNc

16. song_and_dance_man
    16 | April 1, 2012 12:13 am

Dorian

I’d like to carry over to here the discourse from the last thread.

To me the La Raza crowd are our very own home-grown Palestinians.

17. 17 | April 1, 2012 12:24 am

@ song_and_dance_man:

ROTFLMAO… 15 men on a dead mans chest… those 15 are the ones murdered and buried with the chest so that they couldn’t come back to claim it later or tell anyone where it was. :shock:

18. 18 | April 1, 2012 12:26 am

@ song_and_dance_man:

They pretend to be Aztecs. I’ve seen some La raza leaders. Many of them look White Hispanic. That means they have mostly Spanish European blood. Yet they claim to be indigenous people? WTF. I have no respect for them. They have created a phony identity instead of embracing the correct one.

19. 19 | April 1, 2012 12:26 am

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Dorian
    I’d like to carry over to here the discourse from the last thread.
    To me the La Raza crowd are our very own home-grown Palestinians.

Not really, they are more like a Mexican version of the KKK. They are a racist organization. La Raza literally translates to “The Race” their motto is, “For the Race, everything, for the others, nothing”.

20. song_and_dance_man
    20 | April 1, 2012 12:32 am

OK. That makes sense, but here is another problem. Giving that the dead men are on top of one another that demands a very deep hole. And that means to reclaim the booty, means the Muslims, (oops, my bad, not all pirates are of that persuasion) pirates would have to dig out those bodies to get to the bounty. Oh wait….

21. 21 | April 1, 2012 12:34 am

The joke is on them. What race? Most Of them are either White or White/Native combo. They are tools of racist White Progressives who want to strip Hispanics of their true identity.

22. 22 | April 1, 2012 12:35 am

song_and_dance_man wrote:

According to the shows I’ve watched about famous pirates and their treasures, a 15 or 20 foot deep hole was not uncommon.

23. 23 | April 1, 2012 12:37 am

I don’t know if they really care about stripping them of their true Hispanic heritage, the only thing I see them wanting is to make them cannon fodder, useful idiots as it were in their battle to maintain their positions of power and wealth.

24. song_and_dance_man
    24 | April 1, 2012 12:40 am

When I was in High School they, the La Raza cult, was already infiltrating at the local level. I presume they were being chartered by a faction of the New Left which was gaining ground all across the country. A prelude to the sort of Community Organizing tactics B. Hussein is overly unknown for, except by us in the now know. My dad set me straight when I talked to him about it and he had the right answers. I was almost convinced by them, being a young buck full of ignorance. Almost.

25. 25 | April 1, 2012 12:43 am

Totally agree.

26. AZfederalist
    26 | April 1, 2012 12:43 am

doriangrey wrote:

to maintain their positions of power and wealth.

That’s pretty much it, isn’t it? It’s all about getting and maintaining political control so that you can control the money and accumulate power. Race and other identity politics are ideal for this class of person because it makes it easy to hold a base and control it.

27. 27 | April 1, 2012 12:44 am

@ song_and_dance_man:

Yup La Raza is part of the New Left/Bill Ayers crew.

28. 28 | April 1, 2012 12:48 am

AZfederalist wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    to maintain their positions of power and wealth.

You know what they say, Power corrupts. Or as Dave Mustane put it…

httpsv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfpgpf6QVnI&ob=av3n

29. song_and_dance_man
    29 | April 1, 2012 12:49 am

I saw your special report, or whatever, that was not a lead thread that dealt with the subject.

What really irks me is the Left wants to delineate a valid culture that is European in nature as a sub-culture. Being of almost pure Spanish and Jew blood on my dad’s side makes me just as Euro as the English, French, German or any other race that can claim race as a heredity.

But, as you know, as one traces any roots backwards, we all came from the same place. I blame the knuckleheads that decided to mount the tower of Babel.

30. 30 | April 1, 2012 12:55 am

@ song_and_dance_man:

Spanish is European. Even if some Hispanics are not white, they are still culturally European.

31. song_and_dance_man
    31 | April 1, 2012 12:55 am

doriangrey wrote:

They use and abuse the very ones they claim to champion. And they keep them in ignorance of this fact as we discussed earlier. By Whoring the institutions of learning in the bed of their adulterous agenda.

We are in a mess that needs cleaning up at great cost.

As Trump put it when he was throwing out indications that he might run. We will all have to sacrifice much to fix what is wrong in America.

32. 32 | April 1, 2012 12:57 am

song_and_dance_man wrote:

The Tower of Babel was the ultimate expression of power corrupting, Nimrod became so powerful he thought he could challenge God himself.

33. 33 | April 1, 2012 12:58 am

song_and_dance_man wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    We are in a mess that needs cleaning up at great cost.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlpODYhnPEo

34. song_and_dance_man
    34 | April 1, 2012 12:59 am

Dorian

I was talking to Rodan about the earlier discussion, but I’m sure we mixed it up about this as well in times past

35. song_and_dance_man
    35 | April 1, 2012 1:09 am

doriangrey wrote:

He was called a hunter of men. He was into consolidation. A builder of cities. Something that was new in an ancient world and he dazzled the masses and so drew his prey.

It is said that he was a master builder and built cheaply. If you read the quotes about him his techniques were meant to impress and not last. The short term goal was his agenda being that he could gather a following that was a facade of what it meant to build for eternity. Something the other ancient builders understood. The Pyramids of Egypt, the Temple of Solomon, Babylon, etc.

He was the first true Lefty and Community Organizer. That we know about.

36. song_and_dance_man
    36 | April 1, 2012 1:14 am

I haven’t seen that vid in a while. That needs to be a post.

37. Alberta Oil Peon
    37 | April 1, 2012 1:24 am

@ song_and_dance_man:
    If you remember reading Treasure Island, by R.L. Stephenson, you will remember that Captain Flint, the pirate who buried all that treasure, had rather creative ways of guarding it.

Fiction, sure, but well-researched fiction.

38. 38 | April 1, 2012 1:26 am

song_and_dance_man wrote:

I haven’t seen that vid in a while. That needs to be a post.

Either that one or the entire hour long one of him discussing exactly what the KGB tried to do to the US. Much of which succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

39. song_and_dance_man
    39 | April 1, 2012 1:29 am

@ Alberta Oil Peon:

I read the book as a child but can hardly recall any of the details.

40. 40 | April 1, 2012 1:34 am

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Dorian

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCWmo9jFiB0

41. Alberta Oil Peon
    41 | April 1, 2012 1:37 am

Table 9 Chat seems to be down. Keeps giving a javascript error, “host not found”.

42. 42 | April 1, 2012 1:39 am

Alberta Oil Peon wrote:

Hmmm, it comes up for me… (it’s their 3rd birthday today)

43. song_and_dance_man
    43 | April 1, 2012 1:43 am

Well I got to hit the hay. Tomorrow is important because we will be introducing 2 new songs to the congregation of worshipers. Both of them will have me playing some rather nice chops; one Latinisque and the other rockish.

For me, musically, there is nothing better than playing skillfully to the Lord before his people.

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SYOyqfjwxs

44. song_and_dance_man
    44 | April 1, 2012 1:45 am

Ok, I got to see this so I’m not gone yet.

45. 45 | April 1, 2012 1:51 am

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Ok, I got to see this so I’m not gone yet.

Nothing to see, just a little something trying to light a fire under someone back side… :twisted:

46. song_and_dance_man
    46 | April 1, 2012 1:53 am

Dude, hearing that lets me know you know a thing or 3 about modes, or at the very least pitch axis.

If only you were near or me to you we could do some collaboration and meld our minds and axes and swamp uTube with homegrown sonic flotsam and jamsom.

47. 47 | April 1, 2012 1:54 am

song_and_dance_man wrote:

Well, I know my way around an axe if that what your getting at… :grin:

48. song_and_dance_man
    48 | April 1, 2012 2:12 am

later

49. 49 | April 1, 2012 2:12 am

song_and_dance_man wrote:

later

Take it easy SADM…

50. 50 | April 1, 2012 5:10 am

Esta muerte… Oh well – at least no poo-flinging…

51. mawskrat
    51 | April 1, 2012 8:11 am

Good Mornin All….Make it a great day

52 | April 1, 2012 8:44 am

@ mawskrat:
    Good morning. Ain’t nobody here, but us chickens.

53. mfhorn
    53 | April 1, 2012 8:47 am

Wish me luck- I’m reading from Mark in church today- the passage on Gethsemane.

54. mawskrat
    54 | April 1, 2012 8:57 am

@ mfhorn:

how about a prayer for yah!

55 | April 1, 2012 9:01 am

@ mfhorn:
    Break a leg!

56. mawskrat
    56 | April 1, 2012 9:08 am

‘If you don’t believe in climate change you must be sick’: Oregon professor likens skepticism to racism

An Oregon University professor has controversially compared skepticism of global warming to racism

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123260/If-dont-believe-climate-change-sick-Oregon-professor-likens-skepticism-racism.html#ixzz1qnHKbxU7

57 | April 1, 2012 9:10 am

mfhorn wrote:

Wish me luck- I’m reading from Mark in church today- the passage on Gethsemane.

I’d have failed just like the disciples. Fallen asleep early in the night. I often fall asleep in my chair not getting to bed till I wake all uncomfortable

58. mawskrat
    58 | April 1, 2012 9:13 am

@ mawskrat:

The professor, who holds a B.S. in biology and a master’s and PhD in sociology, argued that ‘cultural resistance’ to accepting humans as being responsible for climate change ‘must be recognised and treated’ as an aberrant sociological behaviour

59 | April 1, 2012 9:18 am

@ mawskrat:
    And we pay his bloated salary

60 | April 1, 2012 9:25 am

@ song_and_dance_man:
    “Dead Man’s Chest is a small island or key where Blackbeard marooned 30em from one of his ships for a month as punishment. He left a cutlass and a bottle of rum with them. When he returned a month later only 15 were alive.

61. eaglesoars
    61 | April 1, 2012 9:36 am

good morning mateys! this is a driveby.

So when NBC altered the Zimmerman tape to make him sound like a racist, I guess they figured they wouldn’t get caught. ahem. Now they’re ‘investigating’.

And do you know what Libya’s REAL problem is? Why, it’s their diversity! They can’t handle their diversity.

Dang those automatic weapons……..

62 | April 1, 2012 9:47 am

eaglesoars wrote:

good morning mateys! this is a driveby.
    Dang those automatic weapons……..

rush sez that abc put their kyron over the back of zimmermn’s head to cove the gash he received at the hands of the gang trash punk.

63 | April 1, 2012 9:50 am

mawskrat wrote:

and PhD in sociology

a cupcake degree that holds no real respect from others who have have real degrees.

phd in sociology can be had with 30 box tops of cereal and a self addressed stamped envelope. it is truly a degree in navel gazing

64. 64 | April 1, 2012 10:46 am

mawskrat wrote:

@ mawskrat:

That my friend is 100 pure undiluted Marxist ideology. It’s exactly the pretext Stalin used to imprison and murder millions of soviet dissidents.

65 | April 1, 2012 10:57 am

@ mawskrat:
    What I have trouble understanding, if AGW is so obvious
    to the Climate Hustlers, why are they unable to prove it?
    To call someone anti-science for demanding scientific
    proof is to say the least, counter-intuitive.

66. 66 | April 1, 2012 11:04 am

if AGW is so obvious
    to the Climate Hustlers, why are they unable to prove it?

More to the point, why are they having to fake “evidence” and deny historical factcs like the Little Ice Age and Medieval Warm Period? If the science is so damn sound, why are they having to resort to fraud to “prove” it?

67. 67 | April 1, 2012 11:18 am

@ mawskrat:
    What I have trouble understanding, if AGW is so obvious
    to the Climate Hustlers, why are they unable to prove it?
    To call someone anti-science for demanding scientific
    proof is to say the least, counter-intuitive.

Read the underlying principal, decent from the official doctrine is a criminal offense worthy of imprisonment and “Reeducation“. What do you do if the individual resists reeducation? William Ayres had a section in his book “Prairie Fires” that covered that, you “Eliminate” those individuals that cannot be reeducated, even if it means eliminating 25 million of them. It’s a page taken right straight out of Joesph Stalin’s version of Marxism.