Good On Ya, Gramma! Open Thread

by coldwarrior ( 172 Comments › )
Filed under Cars & Trucks, Open thread at April 2nd, 2012 - 6:30 pm

Her line about her husbands is priceless, do read on:

Florida woman, 93, reaches end of the road after 576,000 miles in her 1964 Mercury

The end of the road is here for Rachel Veitch’s beloved “Chariot.”

After 576,000 miles — or more than a trip to the moon and back — in the same 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente, the 93-year-old Orlando grandmother is stepping on the brakes due to age-related macular degeneration in both eyes. She realized her vision had completely failed her in early March after running a “bald-faced red light,” Veitch told FoxNews.com.

“I am legally blind, so I can no longer drive my lovely Chariot,” she said by phone. “They don’t have to take it away, I would not dream of driving that car again.”

Veitch, a retired nurse who told FoxNews.com in July 2009 that the car had outlasted three marriages and three sets of shocks, said she last drove on March 9. The following day, her worst fears were confirmed when she couldn’t read large headlines in the newspaper, the result of years of deteriorating vision for the near-obsessive car fanatic.

“I know I’m not safe enough to drive,” she continued. “But I have taken it in stride.”

Veitch bought her beloved ride for $3,289 in February 1964 from a dealer in Sanford, Fla. The car, which has been appraised at $12,000, has gone through 18 batteries, eight mufflers and countless oil changes. She credits her near-obsessive dedication to the car as the main reason why it’s spent nearly half a century in her care.

“When I buy gas, I write down the mileage, the date and how many miles per gallon I got,” she told FoxNews.com in 2009. “I’ve never been a destructive person and I’ve just taken care of everything, except my husbands.”

Isn’t Dorian working on an early 60′s Merc as a drag car? Coincidence, I think not!

Comments

172 Responses to “Good On Ya, Gramma! Open Thread”

1 | April 2, 2012 6:40 pm

I almost posted a thread on this when I saw it this morning. What a positive story. The old gal’s 93 and doesn’t look a day over 85. Go Granny Go.

2 | April 2, 2012 6:54 pm

Before I pack it in, this is huge:

Obama campaign disables credit card verification for donations, just like it did in 2008.

3. stymie82
    3 | April 2, 2012 7:16 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

This should be illegal. What is the point of any kind of election finance law if a candidate can do this? You just know Urkel is getting donations from the Russian mob as well as the Arab Springers. We are witnessing a Commie takeover. Is Mittens up to the job?

4 | April 2, 2012 7:21 pm

stymie82 wrote:

@ buzzsawmonkey:

JUST the russian mob and the muzz? i could almost handle it if it were just that.

i am sure that list goes all the way down the rabbit hole to every nefarious anti-american organization out there. i’ll bet he is even getting payments for the residents of the mos eisley space port!

5. 5 | April 2, 2012 7:30 pm

The whole Global Left will contribute to The Pharaoh.

6. Lily
    6 | April 2, 2012 7:52 pm

The problem is isn’t foreign donations illegal? More voter fraud.
    Not to mention his screed against the Supreme Court today that they shouldn’t be able to decide whether obamacare is constitutional or not.
    He really is trying to get things done behind Congress and the Supreme Court. obamma’s hubris is so over the top it is beyond belief that msm is still caring water for him. Excatly when will this country wake-up.

On a good note during my 4 hour trip to my neices wedding I saw absolutely NO re-election stickers or signs for obama. None. Nada anywhere on cars or in yards …. nothing.

7. Dolphin
    7 | April 2, 2012 7:55 pm

@ Lily:
    Also, isn’t the Max limit $2000 per person? If you can enter any info what “enforces” that?

I am tired tonight, so I may not be correct.

8. brookly red
    8 | April 2, 2012 8:00 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Before I pack it in, this is huge:

Hey if you don’t need proof of ID to vote you sure as hell don’t need it to donate!

9. Lily
    9 | April 2, 2012 8:01 pm

@ Dolphin:

{Dolphin} I don’t know. But I do know that bho thinks he is above the law. For some reason since he was elected ‘president’ he misunderstood the term ‘president’ with ‘dictator’. Just like the gaffe and it wasn’t really a gaffe that he wishes the United States was more like China so he could get more things done. Like CW said last night we elected the ‘Weather Underground’ into office.
    Bill Ayers had a piece in the news Sunday that “He wakes up everyday hoping today is the day Capitalism dies”. With bho in office a lot of anti-Americans seem very bold in their opinions.

10 | April 2, 2012 8:03 pm

What will the Stupid Party do about this obvious flouting of campaign law?? :evil: Besides standing around looking stupid. :roll: Which is something they are getting better at every year… :twisted:

11. brookly red
    11 | April 2, 2012 8:03 pm

Lily wrote:

The problem is isn’t foreign donations illegal?

As far as I am concerned he IS a foreign donation. Hurrumph!

12. 12 | April 2, 2012 8:03 pm

Lily wrote:

The problem is isn’t foreign donations illegal?

Only when I republican receives them… /s

13 | April 2, 2012 8:04 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ Lily:
    I am tired tonight, so I may not be correct.

Laws are for the little people.

14. Dolphin
    14 | April 2, 2012 8:06 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:
    yeah, so are taxes :-)

15. brookly red
    15 | April 2, 2012 8:06 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Laws are for the little people.

gun thread in 3…2…1…

16. Dolphin
    16 | April 2, 2012 8:10 pm

LOL

17. 17 | April 2, 2012 8:10 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    Laws are for the little people.

gun thread in 3…2…1…

Got to get one of these… :twisted:

18. brookly red
    18 | April 2, 2012 8:15 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    Laws are for the little people.

gun thread in 3…2…1…

Got to get one of these…

What is the point? is a man any deader with 2 .45 acps then 1?

19. 19 | April 2, 2012 8:18 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    Laws are for the little people.
    gun thread in 3…2…1…
    Got to get one of these…

What is the point? is a man any deader with 2 .45 acps then 1?

The point is… while one .45 will not penetrate a good Kevlar vest, two simultaneously striking it, will knock whomever is wearing the vest ass out colder than a penguins asshole. :twisted:

20. Dolphin
    20 | April 2, 2012 8:19 pm

I saw that last week. I thought I had posted it here, but maybe not. Not so much into hand guns, but thought it was cool!

21. brookly red
    21 | April 2, 2012 8:22 pm

what ever…

22. CynicalConservative
    22 | April 2, 2012 8:24 pm

@ brookly red:
    Does there have to be a point beyond the fact that it’s fun and it’s possible?

/lurk

23. brookly red
    23 | April 2, 2012 8:24 pm

Now I live in NYC and would Never think of owning a .45… but if I did http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-PD410.htm

24 | April 2, 2012 8:24 pm

The energy has to go somewhere; I do not want to be that somewhere… :shock:

25. brookly red
    25 | April 2, 2012 8:25 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

@ brookly red:
    Does there have to be a point beyond the fact that it’s fun and it’s possible?

/lurk

not at all… it’s your money buy what you want.

26. 26 | April 2, 2012 8:26 pm

what ever…

I guess you missed the whole point of having a gun. He’s a hint: It’s not to shoot somebody only to piss them off because their wearing Kevlar and you just shot them. :twisted:

27. eaglesoars
    27 | April 2, 2012 8:26 pm

Everyone, I could use some help. For the last 48 hrs there has been a smell of gasoline in the garage. Hubby has taken out the cars, weed wacker, etc- anything with gas in it. The oder came into the kitchen and I called the fire dept. They told me to do what we’ve already done.

Any ideas?

Admins have permission to share my email.

28. 28 | April 2, 2012 8:28 pm

Ann Coulter is a 1st class scum bag. I despise her.

29. CynicalConservative
    29 | April 2, 2012 8:28 pm

@ brookly red:
    Meh. I’m broke for the most part (especially after the latest procurements), just like the shiny toys.

(we’ve already decided on the pizza split)

/lurk

30. 30 | April 2, 2012 8:28 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

The energy has to go somewhere; I do not want to be that somewhere…

Exactly, a single .45 to the chest of someone wearing Kevlar is going to really piss them off. Two at the exact same time, and it’s lights out time right then and there. People who are taking a nap, aren’t shooting at you.

31. 31 | April 2, 2012 8:29 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Any ideas?
    Admins have permission to share my email.

Bleach the garage floor. The smell of spilled gasoline can linger for weeks.

32. brookly red
    32 | April 2, 2012 8:30 pm

what ever…

Look I have fired a 1911 and even with a vest 1 is gonna knock someone on their but… but hey if you want 2 go for it. hope you never have to use it.

33. brookly red
    33 | April 2, 2012 8:31 pm

Ann Coulter is a 1st class scum bag. I despise her.

what did she do now?

34. Dolphin
    34 | April 2, 2012 8:31 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Got a generator? Do you keep your vehicles in the garage?

35. Dolphin
    35 | April 2, 2012 8:33 pm

Exactly what I was thinking.

36. brookly red
    36 | April 2, 2012 8:33 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Any ideas?

well don’t have a cigarette for sure.

37. Dolphin
    37 | April 2, 2012 8:34 pm

This morning “interview” on Fox? She was disgusting.

38 | April 2, 2012 8:34 pm

Ann Coulter is a 1st class scum bag. I despise her.

What did she do? Challenge the First Lady to an Overexposure of Perfectly Toned Arms Contest?

39. 39 | April 2, 2012 8:35 pm

@ brookly red:

She said the GOP should not care about the Hispanic vote. That they should abandon New Mexico, Colorado and Nevada. That we are an irrelevant voting block. This is the same as the Democrats writing off the White working class. Both parties are evil. Screw them both.

At least Ann Coulter is honest in her bigoted opinion. This country is really deep shit. We have 2 divisive parties pitting Americans against each other.

40. Dolphin
    40 | April 2, 2012 8:35 pm

@ brookly red:
    Ans then there is logic -- lol.

41. 41 | April 2, 2012 8:35 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

See my #39. She basically told me to take a hike.

42. eaglesoars
    42 | April 2, 2012 8:36 pm

Bleach the garage floor.

43. Dolphin
    43 | April 2, 2012 8:39 pm

She told you personally?

44. brookly red
    44 | April 2, 2012 8:40 pm

yes she has gotten weird lately… my thought is that Hispanics tend to be rather conservative and are exactly the group the GOP should be courting. IMHO.

45. 45 | April 2, 2012 8:40 pm

brookly red wrote:

With the older vests sure, not so much with the newer ones. I did some design work for DARPA to address that specific issue. The newer vests have a carbon-fiber backplate in them with a 1/4 inch thick foam pad on them that distributes the kinetic impact over a much wider area. The impact still hurts, but it isn’t enough to knock you down or out anymore.

46 | April 2, 2012 8:41 pm

She basically told me to take a hike.

She should tell her boy Christie to do that; sweat some of the extra fries off him.

You’re taking this much too seriously; you need to take a lesson from the Jews. We’ve learned to grovel gratefully for every lousy crumb we get from whichever party is in power, and though we remain constantly vilified we’ve managed to slow down the incidence of major massacres so that they only happen a few times a century.

47. 47 | April 2, 2012 8:42 pm

@ Dolphin:

She basically said Hispanics should take a hike. That includes me. I already despised the GOP, this just cements my hatred. I am only voting against Obama, then Nov 7th I can tell the GOP to fuck off.

48 | April 2, 2012 8:43 pm

brookly red wrote:

Not to mention a fast-growing demographic with a hearty traditional cultural mistrust of Islam.

Yeah, you’d think a party that wanted to remain relevant (or even, dare I suggest it, strong) would be courting a demographic like that.

49. 49 | April 2, 2012 8:43 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just killed me with that!

50. Dolphin
    50 | April 2, 2012 8:43 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Bleach also “sticks” to porous materials (concrete). If you have a pressure washer I would use it and wait a day or two to see if the odor returns. Bleach may just mask the actual problem/culprit.

51. 51 | April 2, 2012 8:44 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Bleach the garage floor.

Meh, my pleasure, we build hot-rods, so that’s kind of a common problem. Some people I know have wives who for some strange reason object to the smell of gasoline creeping into the house from the garage… :twisted: :grin:

52. brookly red
    52 | April 2, 2012 8:44 pm

@ Dolphin:

well 30 or 40 million others and O is gone…

53. brookly red
    53 | April 2, 2012 8:44 pm

OK humor time…

A Husband takes his wife to play her first game of golf. Of course,
    the wife promptly hacked her first shot right through the window of the biggest
    house adjacent to the course. The husband cringed, ‘I warned you to be careful!
    Now we’ll have to go up there, find the owner, apologize and see
    how much your lousy drive is going to cost us.’

So the couple walked up to the house and knocked on the door. A warm voice said, ‘Come on in.’

When they opened the door they saw the damage that was done: glass was all
    over the place, and a broken antique bottle was lying on its side near the pieces of window glass.

A man reclining on the couch asked, ‘Are you the people that broke my window?
    ‘Uh…yeah! , sir. We’re sure sorry about that,’ the husband replied.

‘Oh, no apology is necessary. Actually I want to thank you..
    You see, I’m a genie, and I’ve been trapped in that bottle for a thousand years.

Now that you’ve released me, I’m allowed to grant three wishes.
    I’ll give you each one wish, but if you don’t mind, I’ll keep the last one for my self.’

Wow, that’s great!’ the husband said. He pondered a moment and blurted out,
    ‘I’d like a million dollars a year for the rest of my life.’

‘No problem,’ said the genie ‘You’ve got it, it’s the least I can do.
    And I’ll guarantee you a long, healthy life!’

‘And now you, young lady, what do you want?’ the genie asked.

‘I’d like to own a gorgeous home in every country in the world
    complete with servants,’ she said.

‘Consider it done,’ the genie said. ‘And your homes will always
    be safe from fire, burglary and natural disasters!’
    ‘And now,’ the couple asked in unison, ‘what’s your wish, genie?’

‘Well, since I’ve been trapped in that bottle, and haven’t been with a woman in more
    than a thousand years, my wish is to have sex with your wife.’

The husband looked at his wife and said, ‘Gee, honey, you know we both
    now have a fortune, and all those houses. What do you think?’

She mulled it over for a few moments and said, ‘You know, you’re right.
    Considering our good fortune, I guess I wouldn’t mind, but what about you, honey?’

You know I love you sweetheart,’ said the husband. I’d do the same for you!’

So the genie and the woman went upstairs where they spent the rest of the
    afternoon enjoying each other. The genie was insatiable.

After about three hours of non-stop sex, the genie rolled over and looked
    directly into her eyes and asked, How old are you and your husband?’

‘Why, we’re both 35,’ she responded breathlessly.
    ‘No Kidding,’ he said. ‘Thirty-five years old and you both still believe in genies?’

54. 54 | April 2, 2012 8:45 pm

@ brookly red:

Gerry Ford took in the Vietnamese boat people back in 75. Today’s GOP would not dare do that.

Nov 7th I am free politically.

55. 55 | April 2, 2012 8:46 pm

56. 56 | April 2, 2012 8:46 pm

@ Dolphin:

Why wait till Nov to tell them to fuck off? You can register independent and still vote against Obama. You know I told them to fuck off years ago.

57. brookly red
    57 | April 2, 2012 8:48 pm

@ brookly red:

Nov 7th I am free politically.

/your not gonna do a “why I parted with the right” thing are you?

58. 58 | April 2, 2012 8:48 pm

I hate Obama even more than the GOP. I will never vote for the Democratic Party. I have a family grudge and they are Leftists.

59. 59 | April 2, 2012 8:49 pm

@ brookly red:

No, I will always remain on the Right. I just will not be in the GOP’s camp. The Republican Party is not Rightwing at all. It’s very Leftist.

60. brookly red
    60 | April 2, 2012 8:51 pm

@ brookly red:

just checking, I am running out of places to post…

61. 61 | April 2, 2012 8:51 pm

??? Who said anything about voting for Demoncrats? Independent is not Democrat. Independents get to vote for whom ever they damned well want to.

62. brookly red
    62 | April 2, 2012 8:53 pm

doriangrey wrote:

yeah well screw that, democrats can do that AND as many times as they want! so there!

63. eaglesoars
    63 | April 2, 2012 8:53 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ eaglesoars:

Got a generator? Do you keep your vehicles in the garage?

We’ve taken EVERTHING that has gas out of the garage. There’s been a leak somewhere but nothing visible on the floor. We’ve missed something somewhere. Dorian’s idea to just clean it with bleach is good. I’ll do it tomorrow (as the fire dept does not feel it necessary to show up -- I’m fine with that)

As for Ann Coulter. Excuse me. I’m a girl. I know how girls work. In one of her books she ascribed eugenics to the Germans/nazis. Oops. And can we please just stop tossing the long blond hair?

She’s right about a lot of things but big fucking deal -- so am I

64. brookly red
    64 | April 2, 2012 8:55 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Oops. And can we please just stop tossing the long blond hair?

you have heard the one about why blonds wear shoulder pads?

65. 65 | April 2, 2012 8:56 pm

I misread what you wrote. After Nov 7th I may just stop voting. One Party (Democrats) views me as a slave. Another one (republicans) hates me. I have no one to vote for.

I researched the Libertarians, they are nuts. I was going to one of their meetups to check them out. The topic was about the Roswell coverup. No thanks.

66 | April 2, 2012 8:56 pm

You’re forgetting about the few ‘either you’re with us or you’re against us’ posters around here. No one is allowed to stray from the party Comrade. :evil:

67. eaglesoars
    67 | April 2, 2012 8:57 pm

OK humor time…

I had to pee..

68. brookly red
    68 | April 2, 2012 8:58 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

anything that re-elects O is not straying from the party, its taking leave of your senses

69. brookly red
    69 | April 2, 2012 9:00 pm

Another one (republicans) hates me.

/yes but they hate everyone equally…

70. eaglesoars
    70 | April 2, 2012 9:00 pm

you have heard the one about why blonds wear shoulder pads

nope

bring it

71. 71 | April 2, 2012 9:03 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

No worries, I didn’t stray… I went over the wall, it wasn’t an accident…. :shock:

72 | April 2, 2012 9:03 pm

brookly red wrote:

Another one (republicans) hates me.
    /yes but they hate everyone equally…

Not true. They really really hate any and all TEA party Folks more than anyone else.

73. brookly red
    73 | April 2, 2012 9:04 pm

OK eagle just for you…

Bob walked into a sports bar around 9:58 PM.
    He sat down next to a blonde at the bar
    And stared up at the TV.
    The 10 PM news was coming on.
    The news crew was covering the story
    Of a man on the ledge of a large building
    Preparing to jump.
    The blonde looked at Bob and said,
    “Do you think he’ll jump?”
    Bob said,
    “You know, I bet he’ll jump.”
    The blonde replied,
    “Well, I bet he won’t.”

Bob placed a $20 bill on the bar and said,
    “You’re on!”
    Just as the blonde placed her money on the bar,
    The guy on the ledge
    Did a swan dive off the building,
    Falling to his death.

The blonde was very upset,
    But willingly handed her $20 to Bob.
    “Fair’s fair. Here’s your money.”

Bob replied,
    “I can’t take your money.
    I saw this earlier on the 5 PM news,
    So I knew he would jump.”
    The blonde replied,
    “I did, too,
    But I didn’t think he’d do it again.”

Bob took the money.

74 | April 2, 2012 9:04 pm

:wink: :grin:

75 | April 2, 2012 9:04 pm

If I may say so, that’s a bit extreme. Ann Coulter is the hood ornament on the Christiemobile, but she’s hardly The Voice of the Republican Party.

Rubio, West, Jindal—a lot of pretty good people—are in the Republican party because it is the best available option. If the Extruded Plastic Android turns out to be another palooka like McCain, there’s going to be a pretty big shakeup; a lot of people are tired of the patsy and pushover wing. That means there may be an opportunity to either remake the Republican party into something that stands for something other than being ridden roughshod over by the proggies—or an opportunity to help build something new.

Either way, while it makes sense to decry stupid utterances, it does not make sense to start tearing apart the only vehicle we’ve got for throwing a dangerous rogue out of the Oval Office.

76. brookly red
    76 | April 2, 2012 9:05 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

you have heard the one about why blonds wear shoulder pads

nope

bring it

so they do hurt themselves (think hair toss)

77. 77 | April 2, 2012 9:05 pm

Wow, sounds like you found one of the saner Libertarian groups… The ones here in California like to hold their meetings out in the desert, where they wait for the Mothership.

78. 78 | April 2, 2012 9:09 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I am really done with the GOP. When you are told you are not welcome, why bother. Maybe one day, the GOP will come to its sense and try to be more inclusive. But I will not hold my breath.

Nov 6th is my last vote for the GOP in its current form. After Nov 7th both the GOP and Democrats are my enemy.

79. eaglesoars
    79 | April 2, 2012 9:10 pm

OK eagle just for you…
    Bob walked into a sports bar around 9:58 PM.
    He sat down next to a blonde at the bar
    And stared up at the TV.
    The 10 PM news was coming on.
    The news crew was covering the story
    Of a man on the ledge of a large building
    Preparing to jump.
    The blonde looked at Bob and said,
    “Do you think he’ll jump?”
    Bob said,
    “You know, I bet he’ll jump.”
    The blonde replied,
    “Well, I bet he won’t.”
    Bob placed a $20 bill on the bar and said,
    “You’re on!”
    Just as the blonde placed her money on the bar,
    The guy on the ledge
    Did a swan dive off the building,
    Falling to his death.
    The blonde was very upset,
    But willingly handed her $20 to Bob.
    “Fair’s fair. Here’s your money.”
    Bob replied,
    “I can’t take your money.
    I saw this earlier on the 5 PM news,
    So I knew he would jump.”
    The blonde replied,
    “I did, too,
    But I didn’t think he’d do it again.”
    Bob took the money.

Oh thank you!! ROTFLMAO!!

80. 80 | April 2, 2012 9:10 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Yup, and regardless of what the Fifth Column Treasonous Media and the GOP keep trying to claim, the TEA Party’s haven’t disappeared or given up. They spoke pretty damned loudly in 2010, the next time they speak, it won’t be by voting for Republicans if the GOP doesn’t pull it’s head out of it’s collective asses very soon.

81. Dolphin
    81 | April 2, 2012 9:11 pm

There are a lot of right there with you. Neither one of us in this house are happy with Romney. I am disgusted with the whole process.

I need to tell you the story of my fil,’s interaction and response to lulsc and la raza. You would get a kick out of it. I will write it up when I am not tired and post it one of these times. You would have loved my fil.

82. brookly red
    82 | April 2, 2012 9:14 pm

well they won’t vote democrat either so a.stay home b.3rd party c.gun thread

83. Dolphin
    83 | April 2, 2012 9:15 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    Let us know what you find out!

Love the coulter comment! Did you see her in fox this morning -- you described her exactly!

84. Dolphin
    84 | April 2, 2012 9:19 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Thank you. Very good points.

Question is -- why can none of the “true” conservatives get any traction?

85. eaglesoars
    85 | April 2, 2012 9:21 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Keep your eye on Ken Cuccinelli -- Attorney General Virginia.

86 | April 2, 2012 9:21 pm

@ 77 doriangrey: One would go to a libertarian meeting precisely to tell them to their face the leaders are nuts. Where can you get that kind of entertainment for free?

87 | April 2, 2012 9:21 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Thank you. Very good points.
    Question is – why can none of the “true” conservatives get any traction?

Because they are undercut at every turn by the GOP Party and the Press.

88. 88 | April 2, 2012 9:21 pm

well they won’t vote democrat either so a.stay home b.3rd party c.gun thread

Hmmm, I’m thinking… BC… Third Party Gun Thread… :twisted:

Hmmm, what should we call the new Third Party? How about the… “Stout Hemp Rope and Handgun Party“????

89. Dolphin
    89 | April 2, 2012 9:23 pm

Got to go -- important phone call and have to get to bed. Night all.

90. 90 | April 2, 2012 9:23 pm

darkwords wrote:

I tried that already… Oddly enough, I haven’t been invited back to any of their meeting since… :shock:

91. brookly red
    91 | April 2, 2012 9:24 pm

well they won’t vote democrat either so a.stay home b.3rd party c.gun thread

Hmmm, I’m thinking… BC… Third Party Gun Thread…

you just put the hemp part in there to attract Paulians didn’t you?

92. eaglesoars
    92 | April 2, 2012 9:24 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Extruded Plastic Android

I am SO fucking stealing that.

tired. nite everyone.

93 | April 2, 2012 9:24 pm

What we need is a plan for a Conservative takeover of the Libertarian Party… :twisted:

94. brookly red
    94 | April 2, 2012 9:25 pm

Dolphin wrote:

@ buzzsawmonkey:
    Thank you. Very good points.

Question is – why can none of the “true” conservatives get any traction?

cause commies run our schools and people are trained to be stupid?

95. 95 | April 2, 2012 9:27 pm

Did they invite Farrakhan? The whole mother wheel thing sounds right up their alley.

96. brookly red
    96 | April 2, 2012 9:27 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

What we need is a plan for a Conservative takeover of the Libertarian Party…

what we need it the popping sound of 100 million people pulling their heads out of their asses.

97. 97 | April 2, 2012 9:29 pm

well they won’t vote democrat either so a.stay home b.3rd party c.gun thread
    Hmmm, I’m thinking… BC… Third Party Gun Thread…

you just put the hemp part in there to attract Paulians didn’t you?

Nope, Stout Hemp Rope produces the best bounce factor for snapping a human neck when slung over a convenient lamppost, best place to keep a corrupt politician, hanging by a Stout Hemp Rope which is conveniently hanging over a lamppost… :twisted:

98 | April 2, 2012 9:31 pm

Dolphin wrote:

Question is – why can none of the “true” conservatives get any traction?

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Because they are undercut at every turn by the GOP Party and the Press.

I would say by the press working with the liberal/progressive wing of the GOP. The liberal/progressive wing thinks it is buying favorable coverage for itself—though it finds out differently, as McCain did, when the fickle hearts of the media beat for someone else.

However, just as the true leftists never learn that their philosophy does not deliver, no matter how many times it fails them, the liberal/progressives of the GOP, leftist wannabees that they are, do not learn that they are selling themselves for nothing.

From this we can see that failure to learn is what leftists have in common, whether they are true leftists or merely leftist wannabees.

99. 99 | April 2, 2012 9:31 pm

Ummm, No… Californian Libertarians tend to be… Ummm, white… VERY WHITE… if you get my drift.

100. Bureaucat
    100 | April 2, 2012 9:31 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Bleach the garage floor.

I always like to leave the gas smell. That way when I smell it wafting into the kitchen I can yell at the kids to close the door to the garage so the cats don’t get out.

101. brookly red
    101 | April 2, 2012 9:32 pm

doriangrey wrote:

there are not enough lamp posts….

102. 102 | April 2, 2012 9:33 pm

Bureaucat wrote:

eaglesoars wrote:
    Bleach the garage floor.

Better hope Mrs Bureaucat doesn’t read this Blog then… :oops:

103. 103 | April 2, 2012 9:34 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    there are not enough lamp posts….

Sure there are… :twisted:

104 | April 2, 2012 9:36 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    there are not enough lamp posts….

Time shares… :cool:

105. Bureaucat
    105 | April 2, 2012 9:38 pm

doriangrey wrote:

I researched the Libertarians, they are nuts.

That is a design feature for people who disdain central control.

106. 106 | April 2, 2012 9:38 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    there are not enough lamp posts….

Time shares…

Hell, we could hold a contest… See how many corrupt politicians we can get hanging from a single lamppost… :twisted:

107. 107 | April 2, 2012 9:39 pm

Bureaucat wrote:

doriangrey wrote:
    I researched the Libertarians, they are nuts.

That is a design feature for people who disdain central control.

And people who disdain reality… :oops:

108. brookly red
    108 | April 2, 2012 9:42 pm

Sure there are…

Look, I have said it before, send me to Congress and I will propose one law: Any elected official taking a bribe or anyone offering one (to an elected official) shall be (publicly) hung by the neck until dead on the day of conviction by a jury. If you don’t for me or don’t vote for my bill you are suspect.

109. brookly red
    109 | April 2, 2012 9:43 pm

@ Da_Beerfreak:

see my 108 and vote for me.

110 | April 2, 2012 9:46 pm

Nite.

111. 111 | April 2, 2012 9:47 pm

Sure there are…

Send me to Congress and I will propose a law to: arrest, try and convict then publicly any federal employe or elected official that adheres to, practices or indorses Marxism, Communism or Socialism a failure to vote for me is a tacit admission of Marxist, Communist or Socialist ideologies…

112. 112 | April 2, 2012 9:47 pm

Sure there are…

Send me to Congress and I will propose a law to: arrest, try and convict then publicly hang any federal employe or elected official that adheres to, practices or indorses Marxism, Communism or Socialism a failure to vote for me is a tacit admission of Marxist, Communist or Socialist ideologies…

:oops:

113. AZfederalist
    113 | April 2, 2012 9:50 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    Laws are for the little people.

gun thread in 3…2…1…

Got to get one of these…

The recoil on that must be eye-watering.

114. Philip_Daniel
    114 | April 2, 2012 9:50 pm

115. brookly red
    115 | April 2, 2012 9:50 pm

Sure there are…

make it retroactively and we have a deal.

116. 116 | April 2, 2012 9:54 pm

That wasn’t the case with Libertarians here. But I’m not into the whole Roswell Alien rule crap.

117. 117 | April 2, 2012 9:54 pm

Sure there are…

make it retroactively and we have a deal.

Wouldn’t have it any other way. Oh, and of course it would include full seizure of said individuals assets, including those of their spouses and children, and include a extradition clause to drag the sorry asses of any back that tried fleeing to escape justice.

118. 118 | April 2, 2012 9:56 pm

Well, I’m sure you have noticed by now that when a Californian goes around the bend, they don’t fuck around… :shock:

119. AZfederalist
    119 | April 2, 2012 9:58 pm

Not sure I’d use the word “leftist”, but the establishment GOP is definitely statist. Also not disagreeing with your being peeved at the GOP (as your run of the mill WASP, I’m not exactly enthralled either), however, remember that Ann Coulter is no more the voice of the GOP than Rush Limbaugh is the titular head of the GOP. She’s just an increasingly weird formerly conservative columnist who seems to have taken a dive off the deep end in a too shallow pool. I really used to like her commentary, her books, and her snark, she took no prisoners. Over the last couple of years though, she seems to have lost her sense of direction.

120. 120 | April 2, 2012 10:00 pm

Couldn’t the Libertarians at least, push the Ancient Alien theory? That’s believable!

121. 121 | April 2, 2012 10:01 pm

@ AZfederalist:

I heard she’s a coke head.

122. AZfederalist
    122 | April 2, 2012 10:02 pm

This.

123. Brick
    123 | April 2, 2012 10:02 pm

@ AZfederalist:
    I heard she’s a coke head.

Don’t know about that, but she sure could use a sandwich or two.

Evening, all.

124. 124 | April 2, 2012 10:05 pm

Well, they sort of do. Their Roswell Mothership stuff isn’t Fartakans Alien crap. These guys believe in the “REAL” kind of Aliens. What they are hoping for is technologically advanced Alien intervention.

125. AZfederalist
    125 | April 2, 2012 10:08 pm

I heard she’s a coke head.

Might explain the whole dating Bill Maher thing.

126. brookly red
    126 | April 2, 2012 10:12 pm

Sure there are…

make it retroactively and we have a deal.

well you sound like maybe you are a conservative… but it still sounds like a band-aid.

127. 127 | April 2, 2012 10:15 pm

This chapter believes David Icke’s Lizard people.

128. 128 | April 2, 2012 10:18 pm

Sure there are…
    make it retroactively and we have a deal.

Remember, anyone whose paycheck comes from the Federal Government is a Federal Employe. That Includes Teachers, NPR Imbeciles, EPA Assholes, DOJ Persecutors… You getting the picture now???

(Rodan to notice I am calling for making myself America’s Pinochet in 3…2…1… ) :twisted:

129. 129 | April 2, 2012 10:19 pm

This chapter believes David Icke’s Lizard people.

And I though the California ones were batshit crazy…

130 | April 2, 2012 10:24 pm

Too much sunshine fries the brain… :mrgreen:

131. 131 | April 2, 2012 10:29 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

Too much sunshine fries the brain…

Is that what does it? So, how do you explain the entire East Coast?

132 | April 2, 2012 10:34 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    Too much sunshine fries the brain…

Is that what does it? So, how do you explain the entire East Coast?

Salt air. Rots reason from the inside out… :wink:

133. 133 | April 2, 2012 10:40 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:
    Too much sunshine fries the brain…
    Is that what does it? So, how do you explain the entire East Coast?

Salt air. Rots reason from the inside out…

Ahhh, Gotcha… :wink:

134. brookly red
    134 | April 2, 2012 10:44 pm

This chapter believes David Icke’s Lizard people.

Lizard people? you mean 40+ year olds who live in their mother’s basements and eat cheatos while looking for racists? Those lizard people?

135. brookly red
    135 | April 2, 2012 10:45 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Is that what does it? So, how do you explain the entire East Coast?

you sir are out of line.

136. 136 | April 2, 2012 10:46 pm

Aliens!

137. brookly red
    137 | April 2, 2012 10:50 pm

@ brookly red:Aliens!

by that I assume you mean undocumented off-worlder’s

138. 138 | April 2, 2012 10:53 pm

Yes, Lizard Aliens.

139. 139 | April 2, 2012 10:59 pm

Rodan -- don’t listen to Coulter. And it pains me to say that because I was a big fan and bought her books. For some reason shit’s gone to her head and she wants to be the Oprah that gets Romney elected. She has made a major mistake in gauging her influence with conservatives. Now she has none.

The GOP doesn’t want me either, dude. I’m a TEA Party activist. Oh they want my vote, and they want me to help them keep the house and deliver the Senate. But they have no use for me after that. They don’t want conservatives.

Right now the prime directive is to get that lying asshole out of the White House. His “calling out” of the Supreme Court absolutely sent chills up my spine. This is a co-equal branch of government and he called them out like he’s the schoolyard bully. Something tells me Kagan broke protocol and told him over the weekend that the vote didn’t go his way.

140. 140 | April 2, 2012 11:01 pm

I was going to watch the NCAA finals tonight until Flyboy called and told me it was turning into a re-election commercial for Obama.

141. brookly red
    141 | April 2, 2012 11:02 pm

Yes, Lizard Aliens.

1 part cheetos, 1 part bird shot… problem solved.

142. 142 | April 2, 2012 11:03 pm

@ brookly red:

Sprinkle with hypocrisy and stupidity and you got the recipe!

143. 143 | April 2, 2012 11:03 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Check out DOD tomorrow! Charles has invented a new term!

144. brookly red
    144 | April 2, 2012 11:04 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

well that is television period… I know it is hard to cope with but you can’t be free till you just un-plug it.

145. 145 | April 2, 2012 11:06 pm

doriangrey wrote:
    Is that what does it? So, how do you explain the entire East Coast?

you sir are out of line.

Nope, “Out of Line” already fired me, they said I drank to much beer during practices… :shock:

146. brookly red
    146 | April 2, 2012 11:06 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ brookly red:

Sprinkle with hypocrisy and stupidity and you got the recipe!

stupidity is still cheap but OMG have you seen the price of hypocrisy lately!

147. 147 | April 2, 2012 11:06 pm

@ brookly red:

Well, as someone on Ace pointed out, once our electrical rates “necessarily skyrocket” it may be the first thing to go.

148. 148 | April 2, 2012 11:07 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Chevy after Chevy commercial.

149. 149 | April 2, 2012 11:07 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Gee, ya think… :shock:

150. 150 | April 2, 2012 11:08 pm

@ brookly red:

Charles must have purchased his while it was still cheap.

151. brookly red
    151 | April 2, 2012 11:09 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ brookly red:

if you pay to have O’s face in your home you are foolish. IMHO.

152. 152 | April 2, 2012 11:09 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

When our electrical rates “necessarily skyrocket” what will the Chevy Volt commercials look like?

“Drive a Chevy Volt, it only cost 10 times as much as driving a gasoline powered car????”

153 | April 2, 2012 11:10 pm

Television == Junk Food for the Mind. :twisted:

154. brookly red
    154 | April 2, 2012 11:10 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ brookly red:

Charles must have purchased his while it was still cheap.

no… he is actually ‘the means of production”

155. 155 | April 2, 2012 11:14 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:
    @ brookly red:
    Charles must have purchased his while it was still cheap.

no… he is actually ‘the means of production”

Manafactures it by the Butt Barrel load sells it by the gross…

156. 156 | April 2, 2012 11:14 pm

But you know, DG, I also (sadly) thought that maybe the vote DID go his way and he made these abominable statement to make the public think the Court cowed to him and found it his way because they were afraid of him.

Man, I sound more like a conspiracy nut more and more.

157. 157 | April 2, 2012 11:16 pm

@ brookly red:

Why did I just get a vision of a Mountain Dew bottle pickup?
    All together now — EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

158. brookly red
    158 | April 2, 2012 11:16 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

this will be interesting… will he just scream racist or will he try to impose martial law knowing that those that would be called on to implement it don’t really dig where he is coming from…

159. 159 | April 2, 2012 11:18 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Man, I sound more like a conspiracy nut more and more.

I seriously doubt it, I’m not just going by his reaction but by the way others in his circle are straight up loosing their fucking minds over this. Besides, Obama is such a Narcissistic bastard there is no way he could have kept the smug look of triumph off his face.

160. 160 | April 2, 2012 11:19 pm

@ brookly red:

What I couldn’t get over was the effing blatant lying -- saying this was a law that the people were in favor of and that passed with large majorities. Neither -- the majority want it dead and gone and it barely passed the House.

161. 161 | April 2, 2012 11:20 pm

Good point, DG -- that actually takes a bit of a load off my mind. I guess it’s an occupational hazard of the law biz -- seeing both arguments. Sometimes it’s a good thing. Mostly though -- so not.

162. brookly red
  163. brookly red
    164 | April 2, 2012 11:25 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ brookly red:

What I couldn’t get over was the effing blatant lying – saying this was a law that the people were in favor of and that passed with large majorities. Neither – the majority want it dead and gone and it barely passed the House.

well it is kinda true people are in favor of it… In Mexico, Honduras, Russia, Guatemala, Nigeria lots of people are in favor of it… just not here.

164. 165 | April 2, 2012 11:25 pm

I hope the Koch Brothers and AFP form themselves a nice little PAC and by themselves some nice half-hour “Obama’s Lie Parade” ads in the swing states.

And remember folks -- he who wins the popular vote gets California’s eletoral votes -- which I don’t think the asshats at the networks will remember come election nite.

165. 166 | April 2, 2012 11:28 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

And remember folks – he who wins the popular vote gets California’s eletoral votes – which I don’t think the asshats at the networks will remember come election nite.

I hope it is whomever the GOP Candidate is, because I seriously wish to see Sacramento go into full bore nuclear meltdown over that.

166. 167 | April 2, 2012 11:30 pm

Come on up -- we can drive to Sacto together and listen in on the legislature as they frantically try to find a way to reverse the law.
    There’s a great steakhouse nearby.

167. 168 | April 2, 2012 11:32 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Come on up – we can drive to Sacto together and listen in on the legislature as they frantically try to find a way to reverse the law.
    There’s a great steakhouse nearby.

With gasoline at $9.00 a gallon? (probably will be by then)

168. 169 | April 2, 2012 11:32 pm

Well, I got home late and dinner’s finally ready. (Stouffer’s lasagne in the oven). Catch you all tomorrow.

I’ll look forward to that DoD thread, Rodan.

169. 170 | April 2, 2012 11:34 pm

:roll:

View Larger Map

170. AZfederalist
    171 | April 3, 2012 12:04 am

You’re in Ramona? We spent spring break there several years ago; that was our last trip to CA since they decided to impose hotel taxes on people using time shares. Let’s see, in the past 6 years, that’s probably cost California businesses several thousands of dollars of our vacation business, all over about $100 in tax revenue per stay. Yep, great business decision there California.

171. 172 | April 3, 2012 12:41 am

AZfederalist wrote:

Sacramento is trying to prove Marxism really works by destroying California’s economy.