Well Face It, We All Knew This Was Coming Sooner Or Later.

by Flyovercountry ( 103 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at April 4th, 2012 - 11:30 am

When I was a school aged child in the sleepy little mountain community of Wheeling, West Virginia, (West by God Virginia as the natives call it,) we had in our fifth grade class a genuine honest to God bully.  The bully liked commanding other children, and he liked those around him to be afraid.  Nature however, played a cruel joke on the bully.  During my seventh grade year, I grew five inches and gained forty pounds, none of it fat.  I was not the only kid to grow in this manner.  Many in our class did so.  Jimmy we’ll call him did not, and he was one of the few.  Not being too bright, Jimmy continued to act like the bully he was, and failed to notice that his once formidable size advantage had disappeared.  Most were now his size.  One day, Jimmy decided to announce, mostly to me, that he hated all Jews.  I took exception, and for the first time, Jimmy received the royal ass kicking he so richly deserved.  Not being anywhere near the toughest thing on the block, others took note, and Jimmy’s beatings at the hands of his former victims became a regular ritual during any type of down time the middle school afforded us.

What occurred next was a sad display of a failed bully striking out regularly at anyone and anything in order to regain what he felt was his rightful place as the bully of the playground.  When thinking back on Jimmy, pathetic is the word that comes to mind.  A sad little creature, who never learned to develop any other skills than bullying.  He never learned the lessons of searching in the mirror for the answers as to why his life had turned into a torrent of humiliation and smack downs.  By the ninth grade of course, I, along with most of my class mates, were much taller, heavier, and stronger than Jimmy, whom nature decided to keep from growing in the slightest.  He kept his bullying attitude though, and rather than beatings, he received jeers and derision from the rest of us.  He was no longer worth the candle so to speak.  One day, towards the end of the year, Jimmy looked at me with real tears in his eyes and proclaimed that his life those previous two years would have been sweet, were it not for those evil Jews.  I guess that since I, a person of the Jewish faith, having been the first to get truly tired of Jimmy’s baloney, and exposed him as nothing more than a bully, he decided that my entire religion should bear the brunt of his rage.  Jimmy felt as though all of his troubles started not in the mirror, but with Abraham circumcising his first son on Mt. Moreh some 4450 years ago.

When I look at the current President of the United States today, I see something eerily familiar in his stump speeches.  When he levels blame upon everyone else in the universe for the failure his policies have met with, I see that pathetic little boy flailing about the playground looking for anything weaker than himself to beat up on in order to regain his lost crown as the world’s toughest bully.  During every one of his speeches, he has been able to tell us all quite eloquently, what classes of Americans the rest of us should hate. We should hate rich people.  We should hate bankers.  We should hate oil company executives.  Most of all though, when all else fails, blame the Jews!

The Obama administration is blaming Israel for the recent rise in global crude oil prices, according to a Sunday report in The World Tribune. The rise in fuel prices is deemed as harming the U.S. economy and has also hurt Obama in the polls as he seeks re-election in November.

While we all sit here and ponder the fact that the true antisemitism in our world today resides firmly on the political left, don’t misunderstand the meaning that I place on the concept of pathetic. Great harm has been done to the world by pathetic dictators who were little more emotionally speaking than bullies flailing about on the playground looking for others to bully. Napoleon, Kim Jong Il, Idi Amin Dada, Hitler, all fit into this category. We Jews have always been a target, not because we pose an actual threat to anyone, but because we are a big enough group to notice and not so big that we can combat the stupidity. Being a half of a percent of the worlds population, there literally is no way in which we can compete with the white noise so thoughtfully invented by Joseph Goebbels.

I will admit however, that I never believed that post WWII, we would have elected a man as President who would have willingly joined that illustrious list of pathetic evil. It also shows me something else, and this actually gives me a little hope. Blaming the Jews for everything is usually the last resort of desperation. If it has come to this, his internal polling numbers are no where near as rosy for him as the endless stream of CNN, Time, Reuters, or PPP polls are showing this moment. We are seeing the last gasps of a little boy who once was the most feared kid on the playground. Swiping desperately at the only child left whom has not been in a fight with him yet. He has picked every other class in America to beat up upon, and while he was tough once, he is no more.

Cross Posted at Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

103 Responses to “Well Face It, We All Knew This Was Coming Sooner Or Later.”

1. 1 | April 4, 2012 11:43 am

I called this first. I said all the talk of Israel attacking Iran was to blame Jews for rising oil prices.

2. 2 | April 4, 2012 11:45 am

From “A Man For All Seasons”:

More: You threaten like a dockyard bully.

Cromwell: How should I threaten.

More: Like a statesman. With “justice.”

Cromwell: Oh justice is what you’ll get.

More: Then I am not threatened.

3. 3 | April 4, 2012 11:47 am

you were right, not that I ever doubted it. I just wanted to wait for him to actually do it. Of course, this story should be plastered all over AIPAC next time he takes is Dumbo looking mug near their home.

4. 4 | April 4, 2012 11:48 am

@ Flyovercountry:

Which is why I’m sure the State Department was told to leak information on the plan in the first place. And I’m with Speranza on this -- I think the link was authorized by the Hildebeest and made by Samantha Power.

5. 5 | April 4, 2012 11:52 am

@ Flyovercountry:

As a member of a demonized ethnicity I know the tricks the demagogues use. I saw right through there slick Israel will attack Iran crap. I know it was to demonize Jews.

6. MikeA
    6 | April 4, 2012 12:02 pm

I didn’t win the lottery. Those darn JOOOOS!!!!!!

7. 7 | April 4, 2012 12:03 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Yup.

8. 8 | April 4, 2012 12:06 pm

That’s the truth of the matter isn’t it. We are all capable of being singled out for one reason or another. Keep in line kid, or the goons running the show may just as well declare you to be an enemy. Don’t complain about gas prices, and don’t you dare look for any kind of truth of us.

9. MikeA
    9 | April 4, 2012 12:06 pm

Its funny. I grew up in a italian / jewish neighborhood in Queens. Most thought we were italian but would treat us different once they found out. They thought that since we were hispanic, we would have 400 people living in the house with cars parked everywhere. Once they saw my dad was a VP at a company and that all us kids went to college, got degrees and were well behaved they changed again.

Stereotypes, while based somewhat on facts, tends to cloud people’s attitudes. We are all guilty of it and I find myself sometimes falling victim to it. We need to be constantly on guard for it. (especially those latins with lebanese in their background… can’t trust them one bit!!! )

10. MikeA
    10 | April 4, 2012 12:07 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain….

I get you and your little dog too!!!!!

11. citizen_q
    11 | April 4, 2012 12:09 pm

@ Flyovercountry:
    That is one thing I don’t understand, why AIPAC has him as a speaker. Hasn’t obama took the opposite or spun position on every promise made during his speeches before AIPAC within a couple of days?

Personally, I would not have time to waste on someone who I know is lying to me.

12. Canoe Convoy
    12 | April 4, 2012 12:09 pm

With the folks who picked upon me, they always “thought it was a joke.” I regret not standing up to them in my youth. My family was too much ‘turn the other cheek,” “don’t let them get your goat,” that sort of thing. It only emboldened the bullies.

13. MikeA
    13 | April 4, 2012 12:13 pm

@ Canoe Convoy:

It does only embolden them. My family was always never start a fight but if you are forced, make sure you win. My uncle grew up in a rough neighborhood and was a short, stocky guy. He never started fights but when he got in one, he always taught me to go after them until they are down or I am…

14. 15 | April 4, 2012 12:19 pm

@ MikeA:

I learned a long time ago to kick them in the nuts and pull a knife. That usually takes the wind out of their sails…

15. 16 | April 4, 2012 12:20 pm

@ Canoe Convoy:

So was mine. I don’t like getting into arguments with people and for a long time I kept my mouth shut and never said anything. Now, I don’t -- I challenge every one of those libturds in my office. So does Flyboy. In fact, when he was trying to deliver the libturds where he works from their fact deficient lives, and they gave him a hard time, he said “just be glad it’s me telling you this and not my girlfriend. This shit isn’t a HOBBY with her.”

16. 17 | April 4, 2012 12:22 pm

I showed this site to a long-time conservative friend of mine, plus my website and told him about our Sunday radio show. He said “you guys are my heroes!”

I thought I’d pass that along. People do appreciate what we do, folks.

17. taxfreekiller
    18 | April 4, 2012 12:28 pm

Well I’ll get in shit over this, but what the hell.

This shit that the “baby boomers” spent the U.S. into its problems and that the WW II generation had no hand in it.

1. WWII guys came home, went to college then many to law school, then many of them from that into the House and Senate.

2. What age were the ones in Congress when LBJ did his Great Society shit. What age were the ones who voted for Jimmy Carters crap. Harry Trumans democrat party crap. Hell many of them voted for Bill Clintons crap.

3. Where the hell were we baby boomer kids. Getting punjie sticks in the bottoms of our feet and ambushed in Laos because of VC traitors in Pres. Diem’s headqts.. ok’s by f’n commie lover LBJ.

rant over

18. 19 | April 4, 2012 12:28 pm

@ MikeA:

Hey don’t hate on Me, Shakira, Slama Hayek or Carlos Slim!

19. 20 | April 4, 2012 12:28 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

I hate LBJ!

20. 21 | April 4, 2012 12:37 pm

Amazingly, that jerk was hated by both the Left and the Right.

21. 22 | April 4, 2012 12:42 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

He does have the distinction of being one of the three or four worst Presidents in the history of the United States. Not quite as bad as Obama or James Buchannan, but worse than Carter. He created the modern Welfare State and all the social ills that have come from that, in addition to expanding Vietnam and losing that war (though it took the Democrats a bit to actually finish losing. They tried hard to lose).

22. 23 | April 4, 2012 12:45 pm

taxfreekiller wrote:

Well I’ll get in shit over this, but what the hell.

rant over

They want generational war and they want race war; they want us factionalized.

23. 24 | April 4, 2012 12:46 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

It’s personal for. In 1965 he invaded the Dominican Republic. He claimed he was stopping Communists from taking over. He lied. It was a group called the Constitutionalists who were trying to remove a Leftist Junta. Most of the Constitutionalists were Rightwing Nationalists. I had relatives killed by LBJ’s invasion force. My beef with the Democrats is personal and my family holds a grudge.

24. 25 | April 4, 2012 12:49 pm

@ taxfreekiller:

I hate LBJ!

LBJ, then Nixon. The 60s weren’t exactly the golden age of presidents.

25. 26 | April 4, 2012 12:50 pm

@ MacDuff:

Nope.

26. 27 | April 4, 2012 12:55 pm

Holder has announced he will comply with the 5th Circuit’s request for a 3-page brief.

Ya think? YOU WERE ORDERED TO you effing poor excuse for a lawyer. Regardless what you and the Divine Dufus THINK the law is, you respond when the Court directs you to.

Or will the Bumbler go on the offensive today and say his Justice Department doesn’t have to obey courts’ orders. It isn’t like this is new territory for him.

I just heard the audio from the 5th Circuit. You can HEAR the simmering anger in that Justice’s voice as he’s asking for that letter brief.

27. 28 | April 4, 2012 12:57 pm

However, the 80′s were mostly spectacular (except for the first and last years of the decade)!

28. 29 | April 4, 2012 1:03 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Since he’s chosen to “advise” SCOTUS on the finer points of the Constitution, I would think his writings and papers would be pertinent and should be released for review, no?

29. 30 | April 4, 2012 1:06 pm

Get this. The Constitutional geniuses on the Left want to impeach the Supreme Court Justices if they find ObamaCare Unconstitutional. Good luck with that. The House of Representatives won’t return an indictment and even this politicized Senate would not convict, but hey! Maybe Obama can do it by Executive Order? These fuckers would be amusing if they weren’t so fucking dangerous. They want a dictatorship. You can see their lust for unlimited power in everything that they do.

30. 31 | April 4, 2012 1:13 pm

@ MacDuff:
    @ Carolina Girl:

O.K., the embedding technique has changed yet again.

31. m
    32 | April 4, 2012 1:14 pm

Dang, this guy really is trying his best to put the fear into people.

The problem with the current court is not merely that there is a good chance it will strike down a clearly constitutional law. The problem is that this decision would be the latest salvo in what seems to be a sustained effort on the part of the Roberts Court to return the country to the Gilded Age.
    During that period—which ran from the years after of the Civil War to the start of the 20th century—wealth became highly concentrated and corporations came to dominate American business.

At the close of the Gilded Age, the U.S. infant mortality rate was around 10 percent—a number you find today in impoverished Central African nations. In some cities, it exceeded 30 percent. Women could not vote, and their lives were controlled by men. Blacks lived apart from whites and comprised an economic, social, and political underclass. Corporations exerted an unchecked and deleterious influence on the lives of workers.

The sad part is that this fucker even has an audience to fool.

32. m
    33 | April 4, 2012 1:17 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Nah, that “feature embedded” part of the code messes with it. Strip that out and you can use the “v”.

33. 34 | April 4, 2012 1:17 pm

@ m:

Yeah, I know. They are actually paying this guy to write crap like this? I’m in the wrong gig…

34. pat
    35 | April 4, 2012 1:18 pm

Obama Alienates Canada And Mexico At Three Amigos
    Energy has become a searing rift between the U.S. and Canada and threatens to leave the U.S. without its top energy supplier.

The Winnipeg Free Press reported that Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper warned Obama the U.S. will have to pay market prices for its Canadian oil after Obama’s de facto veto of the Keystone XL pipeline. Canada is preparing to sell its oil to China.

Until now, NAFTA had shielded the U.S. from having to pay global prices for Canadian oil. That’s about to change.

Canada has also all but gone public about something trade watchers have known for a long time: that the U.S. has blocked Canada’s entry to the eight-way free trade agreement known as the Trans-Pacific Partnership, an alliance of the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Peru, Chile, and Singapore. Both Canada and Mexico want to join and would benefit immensely.

35. m
    36 | April 4, 2012 1:18 pm

@ MacDuff:

HEY MACDUFF!

36. m
    37 | April 4, 2012 1:26 pm

Seriously. Heck I can make shit up, throw it against the wall and see what sticks too!

/but alas I have standards…

37. 38 | April 4, 2012 1:26 pm

Get this. The Constitutional geniuses on the Left want to impeach the Supreme Court Justices if they find ObamaCare Unconstitng signs of beingutional. Good luck with that. The House of Representatives won’t return an indictment and even this politicized Senate would not convict, but hey! Maybe Obama can do it by Executive Order? These fuckers would be amusing if they weren’t so fucking dangerous. They want a dictatorship. You can see their lust for unlimited power in everything that they do.

His bulldog mouth may be writing checks that his hummingbird ass can’t cash. Even liberal Democrats (except the hard-core Marxists) will only allow him to go so far until they yank his chain. The SCOTUS war he’s initiated is looking like a slow motion train wreck with mainstream Democrats becoming increasingly uncomfortable. If he thinks they’ll follow him into hell, he’s wrong.

38. citizen_q
    39 | April 4, 2012 1:27 pm

Wonder if the ham-ass phone banks are back in action? (I am not familiar with the source, but I found this at drudge which sometimes links to prison planet)

Obama Campaign Not Using Verification System

The Obama campaign is not employing the widely used credit card address verification system to check whether the address submitted by a donor matches the address tied to the credit card, an omission that might allow supporters to use a fake identity when contributing.

The practice could potentially allow donors in possession of illicitly obtained credit card numbers to exceed the campaign limit, and to permit overseas supporters to contribute.

39. 40 | April 4, 2012 1:27 pm

m wrote:

@ MacDuff:

HEY MACDUFF!

Hey back at ya!

40. eaglesoars
    41 | April 4, 2012 1:34 pm

@ pat:

I’m so glad you posted that. I was about to. That’s important.

I almost feel sorry for Obama. I look back and know I had the world’s best parents (for me). I had a very strong father. He had an absent, drunk murderer. The more I watch the pathological liar that Obama is, the more I see him as someone trying to avert shame.

I’m sorry for his daughters.

In 5th grade, there was a kid that bullied me -- lifting up my skirt, grabbing what he guessed were my breasts. I complained to the principal. He didn’t believe me.

And that’s when Dad taught me how to throw a punch. I got suspended. They called Mom to take me home and she got to school about the same time as the ambulance. I’m not kidding. Mom called Dad. Dad went straight to the school. He put up with NOTHING. “If you can’t protect my daughter, who is going to protect YOU from ME?”

I was back in school the next day. That POS kid who bullied me transfered to a private school. I was 30 yrs old when Mom told me that Dad had had words with his father and told him in no uncertain terms that he(Dad) was about to become their worst nightmare.

Thanks Dad.

41. 42 | April 4, 2012 1:40 pm

Yeah, like I needed another reason to dispose the sombitch.

THE VETTING -- OBAMA’S WAR ON CATHOLIC CHURCH BEGAN AT HIS FIRST JOB

42. 43 | April 4, 2012 1:41 pm

@ MacDuff:

That’s despise…..well, and dispose as well I guess.

44 | April 4, 2012 1:43 pm

@ citizen_q:

The practice could potentially is designed to allow donors in possession of illicitly obtained credit card numbers to exceed the campaign limit, and to permit overseas supporters to contribute.

Fixed that

44. eaglesoars
    45 | April 4, 2012 1:47 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Yeah, like I needed another reason to dispose the sombitch.
    THE VETTING – OBAMA’S WAR ON CATHOLIC CHURCH BEGAN AT HIS FIRST JOB

Bernadin was a nightmare

45. 46 | April 4, 2012 1:52 pm

Bernadin was a nightmare

He was a perfect example why Catholic priests, particularly Cardinals are not subject to nearly enough scrutiny and control by Rome. The standards for being defrocked are far too low.

46. 47 | April 4, 2012 1:53 pm

@ MacDuff:
    Or far too high, whichever way you want to look at it.

48 | April 4, 2012 1:57 pm

LOL cartoon.

48. eaglesoars
    49 | April 4, 2012 1:59 pm

Bernadin was a nightmare

I’m not Catholic and I don’t mean to offend. But Michael Pflegger? Really?

One thing to be strong about. Timothy Dolan is nobody’s fool. I admire the church. Despite it’s many failings (because all humans are flawed) I find the many instances of its intellectual rigor are bracing.

49. 50 | April 4, 2012 2:01 pm

@ m:

Well isn’t he just a poetic ignoramus -- wow -- managed to weave “Gilded Age” into it and everything. And I love how someone who no doubt worships at the Abortion Altar is all a twitter about “infant mortality.”

51 | April 4, 2012 2:02 pm

I wonder how Holder’s/Obama’s 3 page single spaced due-by-Thursday distortion of the Constitution is going?

51. 52 | April 4, 2012 2:04 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

That whole article reeks of desperation. He is pulling out all the emotional stops. I suspect that word has gone out from the White House to the JournOLists that they are to push this nonsense. I am really hoping for a strong Supreme Court ruling now! That they are this desperate means that they are expecting one, and I’d hate to see them dissappointed…

52. eaglesoars
    53 | April 4, 2012 2:05 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

my guess is ‘not well’.

53. 54 | April 4, 2012 2:13 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

I’m not Catholic and I don’t mean to offend. But Michael Pflegger? Really?

No offense taken, there’s a long list of miscreants who have flown the Catholic flag for nefarious and self-serving purposes and that list, I’m sorry to say, goes back as long as does The Church itself.

I’m deeply impressed by Dolan; he’s a man who could reenergize The Church. Were he to become the first American Pope, he could be the most significant and positive figure in Catholicism in centuries.

54. 55 | April 4, 2012 2:15 pm

@ eaglesoars:

It’s going to be rather hard to navigate around Marbury.
    Interesting that Obama is claiming that the Supreme Court should not strike down “duly constituted” laws, since he’d like them to strike down the Defense of Marriage Act in the future, and apparently his own Justice Department has set itself up as a judicial review body when it comes to Voter ID and Immigration Enforcement laws passed by RED states.

55. 56 | April 4, 2012 2:16 pm

waldensianspirit wrote:

There’s always The Constitution for Dummies available as a resource.

56. 57 | April 4, 2012 2:19 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Consistency is a hobgoblin fo rinsufficiently Leftist minds. Doublethink, Carolina, Doublethink! Obama is a master at it…

57. eaglesoars
    58 | April 4, 2012 2:23 pm

MacDuff wrote:

To be honest, my fingers are SO crossed. I love Pope Ben. His insistance on reason as a neccessary bulwark to faith is remarkable and I don’t want to see him go. But when he’s called home………..

58. eaglesoars
    59 | April 4, 2012 2:30 pm

Obama is a master at it…

My dear and beloved friend -- one of the very few times you’re wrong.

Obama is not a master of anything. He’d be flipping burgers if it weren’t for the media.

He’s just a run of the mill liar.

60 | April 4, 2012 2:36 pm

@ Bumr50: lol if i wasnt working in a lefty institution i would viral that to my facerag page.

I was in a meeting the other day where the lefties were doing an end around on legislative process because “It’s the right thing to do”. He said it right there in the meeting in an attempt to stop all disagreement. I can only think he was Obama trained and inspired. The O-bots are doing tremendous damage to the foundations of American society. and there seems to be no stopping them.

61 | April 4, 2012 2:39 pm

@ 39 citizen_q: Breitbart would set him up on that. Get some unsavory people to donate and document it.

This is a perfect story for Chris Hansen. bUt the left has situational ethics.

61. eaglesoars
    62 | April 4, 2012 2:40 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ eaglesoars:
    It’s going to be rather hard to navigate around Marbury.

This is why I call him a pathological liar. He knows that everyone knows. He breathes, he lies.

AsI said above, it’s got to be hard to grow up knowing your father abandoned you, beat women, has killed people and is a drunk.

63 | April 4, 2012 2:43 pm

@ 18 taxfreekiller: A super pac should play the Obama class warfare game for the GoP and advocate that social security and drug benefits are being cut to benefit the young Obama voter

63. Lily
    64 | April 4, 2012 2:44 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Pope Benedict is making big changes within the Church. Pulling it back from liberalism. There were many liberal priests that snuck in after Vatican II. I see a more conservative Mass than I have seen in ages.

65 | April 4, 2012 2:46 pm

citizen_q wrote:

It is common to have liars and curs as speakers because to do so is seen as “preserving access” or “showing respect”—and those who do this continue to believe that this groveling buys them something other than an extra measure of contempt.

65. eaglesoars
    66 | April 4, 2012 2:50 pm

Lily wrote:

There were many liberal priests that snuck in after Vatican II.

Yeah, apparently that caused some problems……..

66. Lily
    67 | April 4, 2012 2:51 pm

Obama’s war on the courts is a dangerous game

The constitutional challenge to ObamaCare — the president’s “crown jewel” — is beginning to take on the air of a constitutional crisis. Two days ago, President Obama threw a brush back pitch at the Supreme Court. Yesterday, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ordered the government to answer the question of whether it accepts the concept of judicial review.

*snip*

The blow-up between Obama and the courts is laden with irony. From Team Obama the message seems to be that Roe v. Wade is engraved in tablets, but Marbury v Madison and judicial review are just so much paper.

Obama is treating the Supreme Court like it was some Cook County, Illinois trial court.

Big mistake.

Although the Supreme Court reads election returns, it has life tenure. Just like Obama, they are products of the Ivy League. They “get” the president and they may not like what they are hearing.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/04/04/obamas-war-on-courts-is-dangerous-game/#ixzz1r6D9ooic

68 | April 4, 2012 2:52 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

LOL cartoon.

I particularly like the two little dudes running away in the background :mrgreen:

68. Lily
    69 | April 4, 2012 2:54 pm

Lily wrote:

There were many liberal priests that snuck in after Vatican II.

Yeah, apparently that caused some problems……..

Yep it did. I am seeing a return of Latin Masses and the Tabernacle is now back on the alter instead of being placed off to the side.

69. 70 | April 4, 2012 2:56 pm

His insistance on reason as a neccessary bulwark to faith is remarkable

Well said! I was a bit disappointed that he was not as pointed as I hoped during his visit to Cuba, but I have to think he had good reasons for his judicious approach. Perhaps he didn’t want overzealous words to endanger is flock.

70. 71 | April 4, 2012 2:56 pm

@ MacDuff:

Liberation Theology is a cancer in the Catholic Church.

71. Lily
    72 | April 4, 2012 2:58 pm

His insistance on reason as a neccessary bulwark to faith is remarkable

The Pope has to walk a fine line. He is smart enough to get his point across without throwing gas on the fire.

72. Lily
    73 | April 4, 2012 2:58 pm

@ MacDuff:

Liberation Theology is a cancer in the Catholic Church.

It is also dying out slowly but surely.

74 | April 4, 2012 3:01 pm

As long as the Catholic Church is under discussion, keep in mind that part of the attack on the Church is that the pedophile lobby does not want the competition.

There have been child-abuse scandals in the Catholic Church, but these are as nothing compared to the amount of child abuse which takes place under the auspices of the teachers’ unions. Abusive teachers in New York get transferred to “rubber rooms,” no-show jobs, etc., and linger on without being fired. I’ve read of similar things happening elsewhere around the country.

Obama’s now-resigned “safe-schools czar,” Kevin Jennings, was an admirer of NAMBLA and had been involved in teaching “safe fisting” to highschool students. Anyone really believe that he had any interest in protecting children from sexual abuse?

The Catholic Church may have wrongly engaged in the CYA behavior common to all large institutions—but it still at least endorses the principle that sexual abuse is wrong. Nobody in their right mind could believe that the secular organizations which are so eager to fault the Church believe that.

74. 75 | April 4, 2012 3:03 pm

Lily wrote:

We have a Latin Rite Church here and it’s one of the best attended Catholic Churches in the city. I’ve said for years that the Church lost an intrinsic mysticism with the injection of modernity in the Mass. They tried to make The Church more Protestant, which is fine if you’re a Protestant, but it tended to alienate many of us who few up in the old Church.

75. Lily
    76 | April 4, 2012 3:04 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

I couldn’t agree more with you. Yes the Church was guilty of letting these types of priests in the fold. But they are staunch in the belief that this is wrong.

Kevin Jennings was an admirer of NAMBLA??? Good grief!!!

76. Lily
    77 | April 4, 2012 3:07 pm

Lily wrote:

Pope Benedict is changing that. Getting back to the roots and throw out the bad parts of Vatican II.

77. eaglesoars
    78 | April 4, 2012 3:10 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Don’t be. A lot of courage is quiet. The fact that Pope Ben was even ALLOWED into Cuba says one helluva a lot.

I remember John Paul’s confrontation of communism. It was subtle and implaccable. He went to Poland……..

The communists who ran the Polish regime faced a quandary. If they didn’t allow the new Pope to return to his homeland, they would look defensive and frightened, as if they feared that he had more power than they. To rebuff him would seem an admission of their weakness. On the other hand, if they let him return, the people might rise up against the government, which might in turn trigger an invasion by the Soviet Union.

Polish government decided that it would be too great an embarrassment to refuse the pope. So they invited him, gambling that John Paul--whom they knew when he was cardinal of Krakow, who they were sure would not want his presence to inspire bloodshed--would be prudent. They wagered that he would understand he was fortunate to be given permission to come, and understand what he owed the government in turn was deportment that would not threaten the reigning reality. They announced the pope would be welcome to come home on a “religious pilgrimage.”

John Paul quickly accepted the invitation. He went to Poland.

And from the day he arrived, the boundaries of the world began to shift.

78. eaglesoars
    79 | April 4, 2012 3:15 pm

Lily wrote:

Kevin Jennings was an admirer of NAMBLA??? Good grief!!!

Crimeny, I’d forgotten about him. But yeah, this guy was a walking advertisement for sexual congress with minors.

He should be in prison.

As should most of the Obama admin………..

79. Lily
    80 | April 4, 2012 3:15 pm

Obama Instructs Journalists On How To Report His Positions

“This bears on your reporting,” President Obama said to journalists. “I think that there is oftentimes the impulse to suggest that if the two parties are disagreeing then they’re equally at fault and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. And an equivalence is presented which I think reinforces peoples’ cynicism about Washington in general. This is not one of those situations where there’s an equivalency.”

“As all of you are doing your reporting, I think it’s important to remember that the positions that I am taking now on the budget and a host of other issues. if we had been having this discussion 20 years ago or even 15 years ago … would’ve been considered squarely centrist positions,” Obama said a few moments later.

No way in hell could he have ever been considered ‘centrist’. If I were a journalist I would find this highly insulting to be lectured by this liar.

80. Lily
    81 | April 4, 2012 3:18 pm

Lily wrote:

Kevin Jennings was an admirer of NAMBLA??? Good grief!!!

He should be in prison.

As should most of the Obama admin………..

For treason. This president is the worst we ever had.

81. 82 | April 4, 2012 3:19 pm

m wrote:

Dang, this guy really is trying his best to put the fear into people.
    The sad part is that this fucker even has an audience to fool.

Just another example of exactly how not a Constitutional Scholar O’Pinhead is. His so called Gilded Age, yea, it saw the creation and upholding of the Sherman Act. Which was used to break up those giant corporations that he claims came to power after the civil War, but which actually came to power before the Civil War. Even Standard Oil, which was officially created in 1870 was really started in 1863 by the already then multimillionaire John D. Rockefeller.

The Sherman Anti-trust Act was signed into law in 1890, and created specifically to break-up the giant trust corporations which had as far back as the 1830′s begun swallowing entire industries. The sugar, tobacco, railroads, steel and meatpacking industries were all virtually controlled by monopolies before the civil War every broke out. And the Sherman Anti-Trust Act was created to break them up, right smack in the middle of O’Dickheads so called Gilded Era.

82. eaglesoars
    83 | April 4, 2012 3:20 pm

MacDuff wrote:

I think one of the biggest failings of ALL religious institutions, Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, is that they don’t help their people find the mysticism in prayer. That it’s not just ‘ok’, it’s transforming and it can be accessed by anyone.

83. eaglesoars
    84 | April 4, 2012 3:24 pm

I think sugar still is……….

85 | April 4, 2012 3:25 pm

MacDuff wrote:

i would argue that orthodoxy does help the person find the ‘mysticism’ in prayer and life as part of the teaching and practice.

rodan has been to one of our liturgies. unchanged for 2000 years.

when catholics go to our liturgy, they are impressed and leave with a sense of awe.

when protestants attend, they are often left speechless. i have seen this with my own eyes.

85. 87 | April 4, 2012 3:27 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

As a Catholic, I agree with everything you wrote. The craven, immoral behavior of a minority did immeasurable damage and the sclerotic mechanics of Rome compounded an already intolerable situation. I never did believe that the abuse was “inherently Catholic” as much as it was inherent wherever adults interact with children -- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts and, as you say, Public Schools are all at risk of incidents of pedophilia. The Catholic Church comprises the largest single secondary education system in the world, so it would follow that they’d be most at risk. Alas, that The Church’s mission is religious as well as educational makes the Catholic incidents all the more egregious. I pray this dark chapter in the Church’s history is behind us -- The Catholic Church deserves better than the reputation this immoral minority has foisted upon us.

88 | April 4, 2012 3:27 pm

@ eaglesoars:

As a Catholic that now worships with my wife at a non-denominational Christian church, I’ve found that the biggest thing I’ve missed from the Catholic Mass is the introspection that the ritualism gives you. Especially when you develop an understanding of the rites, I at least found that it allowed me to commune with God in a deeply personal and elemental way that the MUCH more extroverted service I attend now does not.

87. Lily
    89 | April 4, 2012 3:32 pm

@ Bumr50:

That is a key point a lot of Catholic’s don’t understand their own religion and how important the ‘rites’ are.

88. 90 | April 4, 2012 3:34 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

At some point, I think mysticism got a bad rep, as though it became synonymous with paganism or something. To this day, I can close my eyes and be thoroughly transported by Gregorian Chant or a Latin Rite “High Mass”.

89. eaglesoars
    91 | April 4, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi sweetie! I was raised in the Lutheran church -- Missouri Synod. I am not a Christian but I have the utmost respect for Christianity.

I was taught TO pray, but never was shown what actually happens when it just hits you. Or how to be available spiritually for it. For me it was a complete accident.

Now, if I ever make it back to yinzerville, I’m coming to church with you, yes?

90. Lily
    92 | April 4, 2012 3:34 pm

MacDuff wrote:

rodan has been to one of our liturgies. unchanged for 2000 years.

As Catholic’s if we go to an Orthodox Church it is the same as if we went to Mass.

91. 93 | April 4, 2012 3:35 pm

Do Bears weep at the sound of liturgy?

Juche!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92. 94 | April 4, 2012 3:40 pm

May I recommend a book by the name of “Salvation is from the Jews”. It’s written by a man who was brought up as a devout Jew who converted to Catholicism after a vision of the Virgin Mary. His theory is basically that Catholicism is a natural development of Judaism and the two faiths are inexorably linked.

Good read. i think Ive recommended it before. On Amazon, mine is the first review; it had quite an impact on me.

93. eaglesoars
    95 | April 4, 2012 3:41 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

For me it was a complete accident.

I just realized how wrong that sentence/thought is. Nothing G-d does to/with me is an accident.

HA!

k’ time to get dinner started. Later.

94. 96 | April 4, 2012 3:43 pm

rodan has been to one of our liturgies. unchanged for 2000 years.

Yes, we’ve been here before, haven’t we? But seriously, I do need to attend a liturgy, it sounds beautiful.

95. 97 | April 4, 2012 3:45 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I went to Berkeley -- the course in doublethink is one of the breadth requirements. It’s waived if you major in the soft sciences.

96. 98 | April 4, 2012 3:46 pm

@ eaglesoars:

If he were Pinocchio, he could pole vault to Russia by now.

97. eaglesoars
    99 | April 4, 2012 3:48 pm

MacDuff wrote:

On Amazon, mine is the first review; it had quite an impact on me

At first I chuckled to myself how odd it was that, after 12 years of Catholic education I should be led back to the Church by a Jew. Upon reflection though, there is nothing that could be more natural and fitting.

Yep

100 | April 4, 2012 3:49 pm

eaglesoars wrote:

Now, if I ever make it back to yinzerville, I’m coming to church with you, yes?

of course.

101 | April 4, 2012 3:50 pm

MacDuff wrote:

so that we can be speaking about the same thing, yes.

100. mtc
    102 | April 4, 2012 4:07 pm

@ MacDuff:
    I agree! I think he would make a fine Pope-several years from now.

101. Canoe Convoy
    103 | April 4, 2012 5:23 pm

@ eaglesoars:
    At some levels, I wish my Dad would have been more like that. Instead, he was the one who would punish me — just for being in a fight.