Women Running Away From Home Can Get 10yrs Behind Bars (Sharia in Afghanistan)

by 1389AD ( 31 Comments › )
Filed under Afghanistan, Islamic Supremacism, Sharia (Islamic Law) at April 5th, 2012 - 11:30 am

Map of Afghanistan

Afghan marriage far worse than chattel slavery

The predicament of the Afghan bride of today is far, far worse than that of antebellum chattel slaves. Young Afghan women and underage girls are given in marriage without their consent. The husband selected for them may be many decades older, and may already have one or more wives. Arranged marriages are all too often consanguinous, leading to genetic damage among the descendants. And don’t get me started on the burqa, honor killings, or female genital mutilation.

Shari’a law was written into the Afghan constitution, and it happened on our watch. Inexcusable.

From YouTube:

Uploaded by HALALBOOZESHACK on Mar 28, 2012

Tags:

Comments

31 Responses to “Women Running Away From Home Can Get 10yrs Behind Bars (Sharia in Afghanistan)”

1. 1 | April 5, 2012 11:37 am

That great Democracy we created!

2 | April 5, 2012 11:39 am

Runaway
    —Del Shannon

3. 3 | April 5, 2012 11:42 am

That we are still dying for today. And that is all of Obama’s making. Afghanistan was basically written off at the end of the Bush Administration, and we hadn’t lost too many lives in taking down the Taliban and installing a semi-friendly government. It was when Obama took over and made the “good” war a seeming priority (I say Seeming, because he never intended to win in Afghanistan) that we started losing men by the truckload. Now we are going to eventually run out with our tail between our legs. Obama has it all planned out. He couldn’t quite pull off a defeat in Iraq, but he is losing in Afghanistan splendidly! Another victory for th eUmmah! *spit*

We should have nuked Afghanistan for 9-11. Period. Instead we have made them the number one heroin producing nation in the world. By design, I believe.

4. 4 | April 5, 2012 11:43 am

Americans are dying from Afghan Heroin as we speak. Our troops protect the poppy fields. This is a failed war, time to get out.

5. Tanker
    5 | April 5, 2012 12:34 pm

Rodan, I like you, but this slander of our troops needs to stop. Our troops aren’t protecting the damn poppy fields. If you mean, by not destroying them, they are protected, that may be true. It wasn’t our mission to destroy them. Your statement (Repeated) is a slander of out troops (and me by association), and I’m done with this site!

I know, I’m not a contributor here and it’s no loss for you, but I’ve had my say!

7. 7 | April 5, 2012 12:48 pm

@ Tanker:

Damn, man, stay and make your point! You are correct, the troops are not protecting the poppy fields. Our mission over there is FUBAR, though, and I believe that that is entirely the way Obama wants it. Your input, as someone who has been on the ground over there, is valuable. I do hope you’ll reconsider leaving.

8. Tanker
    8 | April 5, 2012 12:53 pm

@ Tanker:

You don’t have to tell me our mission is fubar, I know it..I’ve lived it (buried some of my fellow troops). Just keep the damn facts straight. I get the crap form the left all the time…I don’t need it from those that say they support the troops!

9 | April 5, 2012 12:54 pm

More of the heroin is reaching Russians. And there are those in our bureaucracy who consider it a good thing. Hence troops don’t have any say over the heroin trade. I think Rodan is referring to the brass and bureaucrats

10 | April 5, 2012 12:58 pm

@ Tanker:
    What I want to see is more military personnel come back and follow the Lt Col Allen West’s of this world and go strongly into politics. That’s the best check and balance we have.

11. pat
    11 | April 5, 2012 1:05 pm

10 years in jail might be better than another 10 with these savages

12. 12 | April 5, 2012 1:23 pm

DoJ has complied with the 5th Circuit’s demand for a letter explaining their understanding of the Court’s authority to do judicial review of laws. No link yet on Fox, but Instapundit says there is nothing earthshattering there. I didn’t really expect there to be. I do hop ethe Supremes are pisse doff about it. Nothing wquite like threatening someone’s power to rile them up…

13. Guggi
    13 | April 5, 2012 1:24 pm

Brotherhood Launches PR Offensive in Washington

A delegation from the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) made its first official visit to the United States this week, where it has spent time in New York and Washington, DC talking to think tank experts and White House officials about the Brotherhood’s growing role in Cairo.

“The purpose of the visit is to engage the American people on issues of mutual concern in international relations, reassure [the] business community of the prospects of investments and economic growth in democratic Egypt, and boost American tourism to Egypt,” the Muslim Brotherhood’s English language website reported. In other words, the FJP is trying to assuage American fears regarding its political ambitions and depict itself as a moderate group that has the interest of all Egyptians at heart.

(…)

14. Guggi
    14 | April 5, 2012 1:30 pm

PM slams author Grass for ‘ignorant’ Israel slurs

Netanyahu censures German author with hidden Nazi past for his “shameful” moral equivalence between Iran and Israel.

(…)

It is rare for Netanyahu to react to anti-Semitic and virulently anti-Israel statements made abroad, but this time he felt it necessary considering Grass’ high profile and hidden Nazi past, a government official said.

“It is Iran, not Israel, that is a threat to the peace and security of the world,” Netanyahu said. “It is Iran, not Israel that threatens other states with annihilation. It is Iran, not Israel that supports terror organizations that fire rockets on innocent civilians. It is Iran, not Israel that is supporting the Syrian regime’s massacre of its own people. It is Iran, not Israel that stones women, hangs gays and brutally represses tens of millions of its own citizens.”

(…)

Originally the “poem” should also have published in the NYT but it seems they canceled it.

Grass is a scumbag. Literally and his writings are nothing else than sh*t. It’s always the same: they start as Nazis then they are “socialists” and end again as Nazis.

15. Guggi
    15 | April 5, 2012 1:40 pm

@ Guggi:

Sorry, didn’t see it, is allready filed under “headlines”.

16 | April 5, 2012 1:54 pm

An Etch-A-Sketch is sorta like an hour glass, Right?

17. 17 | April 5, 2012 2:35 pm

@ Tanker:

If you mean, by not destroying them, they are protected, that may be true.

My apologies. I meant our troops are not allowed to destroy them. That was my point.

18. 18 | April 5, 2012 2:36 pm

@ Guggi:

Some things don’t change.

19. 19 | April 5, 2012 2:41 pm

Obama will cause a Constitutional crisis.

20 | April 5, 2012 2:46 pm

Obama will cause a Constitutional crisis.

He has already caused several. That they have not been treated as crises is merely due to the fact that even the militant Republicans are behaving like cats on the hearth.

21. Lily
    21 | April 5, 2012 2:58 pm

Tanker wrote:

@ Tanker:

Please stay and make your case and let us know when something is wrong. I see no value to your leaving in fact it is a loss.

22. Lily
    22 | April 5, 2012 3:01 pm

pat wrote:

10 years in jail might be better than another 10 with these savages

Not so sure. They are raped in jail and treated just as poorly if not more than if they are with the savages. It is the savages who are in control of the jail.

23. Lily
    23 | April 5, 2012 3:04 pm

I think this is it.

Justice Department letter to 5th Circuit Court of Appeals

24. 24 | April 5, 2012 3:21 pm

Kenneth Roth is defending Shariah. He is saying that the Afghan law is nowhere else to be found in countries governed by Islamic law. (As if those countries do not have equally stupid and cruel laws on the books.)
    Human Rights Watch is a corrupt political institution.

25. yenta-fada
    25 | April 5, 2012 6:22 pm

@ Tanker:

I hope it’s not too late for you to read this. I join the chorus asking you to stay. I value your occasional contributions. They are gold.

26. Tanker
    26 | April 5, 2012 10:54 pm

@ Tanker:
    If you mean, by not destroying them, they are protected, that may be true.

That I can live with, much truer statement.
    We weren’t allow, nor was it our mission. I wish many things had been different ie: ROE, Leadership, the overall Mission, but it was what it was. Our/My troops did and are doing the best they can given the restraints placed upon them.
    Just remember, the way things are said can be taken many ways. That’s mainly why I try to keep to KISS principle when commenting!
    Thanks for the apology on behave of those soldiers and families that may drop by here and take what’s said the wrong way. And that was my point!

27. yenta-fada
    27 | April 5, 2012 10:59 pm

@ Tanker:

Most of us here speak “Rodanish” and know what he means when he says things. :-) Glad that you saw the follow ups.

28. Tanker
    28 | April 5, 2012 11:04 pm

@ yenta-fada:

Needed to cool down a bit before coming back. Started not to return, but glad I did! I do like reading this blog even if I don’t comment that much!

29. yenta-fada
    29 | April 5, 2012 11:11 pm

Tanker wrote:

@ yenta-fada:

This blog (with the exception of one poster) supports the military and recognizes the contributions, past and present that you all make. I am including those forces which serve from Canada and from everywhere in the West. Without a free America, there is no freedom. Please lurk or contribute as much as possible.

30. 30 | April 5, 2012 11:31 pm

@ Tanker:

I emailed you. I no way ion hell was insulting the troops. My comments was directed at the politicians who have not let you guys do your job.

31. 31 | April 6, 2012 12:00 am