If you don’t want to support terrorism, be careful where you spend your money!

by 1389AD ( 25 Comments › )
Filed under Hezballah, Jihad, Lebanon, Terrorism at April 6th, 2012 - 6:00 pm

Austin bar owners accused of funding Hizb’Allah

Uploaded by SDAMatt2a on Mar 28, 2012

Feds: Yassine Brothers Funneled Money To Hezbollah

Owners of some of Austin’s most lucrative nightclubs were dealing in drugs, laundering the money through the clubs then funneling it to a family member with ties to a terrorist group in the Middle East, according to federal authorities.

During bond hearings in federal court in Austin Tuesday, an Internal Revenue Service investigator said Hussein “Mike” Ali Yassine and Mohammed “Steve Austin” Ali Yassine sent money in $2,500 increments to their uncle, Mohammed Ishmael in Lebanon. Authorities say he is associated with Hezbollah, a militant group and political party in Lebanon. The U.S. Department of State lists Hezbollah as a terrorist organization.

The Yassines, their brother, Hadi Ali Yassine and seven business associates were arrested last week on narcotics trafficking, money laundering and firearm charges.

Yassine Enterprises owns nine nightclubs — Pure, Stack, Fuel, Spill, Kiss & Fly, Hyde, Roial, Malaia and Treasure Island. The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission has temporarily shut down the clubs.

Tuesday Hussein Ali Yassine, Mohammed Ali Yassine and Alejandro Melendrez were denied bond. Four were granted bond — Hadi Yassine, Marisse “Madi” Marthe Ruales, Amar Thabet Araf and Sami Derder. No decision has been made on bond requests for Nizar “Nino” Hakiki, Karim Faiq and Edgar Orsini.

During three hours of testimony, Assistant U. S. Attorney Gregg Sofer questioned Randall Gillette, special agent with the U. S. Drug Enforcement Agency and James Neff, criminal investigator with the Internal Revenue Service.

The agents explained its undercover sting operation in which a confidential source was used to arrange two sales of cocaine between Steve Yassine and Nizar Hakiki. The agents testified the proceeds from the deals were then funneled through Yassine`s nightclubs and Famous Vodka, owned by Hadi Yassine, the third brother.

Neff also stated in the hearing that the business was reporting income of $1 to $2 million when it actually was taking in between $7 and $10 million.

According to testimony, the Texas Comptroller’s Office has frozen Mike Yassine’s accounts. It was also revealed that he has bank accounts in Switzerland and Lebanon.

Several of the defendants are under investigation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Tags: , ,

Comments

25 Responses to “If you don’t want to support terrorism, be careful where you spend your money!”

1. 1 | April 6, 2012 6:43 pm

My favorite part of the whole news report, ali babba habib mohamed ahmed yassine, better known as Steve. ROTFLMAO.

I’ve seen that for years around here as well. News reports of food stamp fraud in our local papers. The stories always, without fail started out like this. Achmed Mohamed alli baba amin, who goes by his American name Bob, was arrested for defrauding the State of Ohio for ……………

2. 2 | April 6, 2012 6:50 pm

Thank goodness my nightclub days are so far in my past I need binoculars to see them.

3. 3 | April 6, 2012 6:57 pm

@ Flyovercountry:
    For those who weren’t born in the US, I hardly ever see any stories in the news about Muslims convicted of serious crimes being deported, or their US citizenship being revoked (which should be done if they lied on their application, and/or came here with the intention of committing serious crimes in the US).

4. 4 | April 6, 2012 6:59 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I never had a nightclub phase. I don’t think I missed much of anything, either.

My husband and I occasionally go to a sports bar, have a meal and a beer, and watch football on the big screen. But that’s the extent of it.

5. 5 | April 6, 2012 7:17 pm

@ 1389AD:

I was a young lass in the age of disco. I loved to dance. And I thankfully wasn’t allergic to polyester. Now I’m like you -- excitement is the NFL with friends Sports Bar.

Of course with the Saints catastrophe this coming year, I may stay home and watch everything on my own TV. Oh the mortification.

6. 6 | April 6, 2012 7:19 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Spandex should have a mandatory Registration with a minimum 5 day waiting period… :shock: :oops:

7. 7 | April 6, 2012 7:29 pm

doriangrey wrote:

Carolina Girl wrote:

Spandex is for undergarments. Just sayin’.

8. 8 | April 6, 2012 7:31 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ 1389AD:
    I was a young lass in the age of disco. I loved to dance. And I thankfully wasn’t allergic to polyester. Now I’m like you – excitement is the NFL with friends Sports Bar.

I feel for ya, regarding the Saints.

I’ve been a longtime Bears fan (one of the few things I liked about Chicago) but Lovey Smith endorsing Obozo for racial reasons is a major embarrassment to me.

Go Steelers!!! They’ve got an Orthodox Christian player on their team.

9. Lily
    9 | April 6, 2012 7:48 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

@ 1389AD:

As a young lass myself. Disco ~ Saturday Night Rock’n Roll ~ Friday night. I had fun!

It will be a bleak year with the Saints. I can hear it now whenever a football game is on Bounty-Gate!
    I feel I’ll be shaking my head a lot.

10. mawskrat
    10 | April 6, 2012 8:01 pm

Islame…the big lie

I pray Muslims find the true G-d of Israel
    I take no pleasure in the death of people
    who don’t know the saving grace of G-d

Amen and Amen

11 | April 6, 2012 8:16 pm

I commented on this several weeks ago right after the bars were raided and shut down. This is a fairly major story in the Austin area but has gotten no play at all in the national MFM. Yassine Enterprises ran 9 of the most lucrative bars on 6th Street, which is Austin’s version of the French Quarter in New Orleans. This is a major money laundering and drug running case. The underlying stories are Hezbolla and a re-opened missing person (presumed murdered) cold case. Lots of headlines on this and lots more news to come.

12. 12 | April 6, 2012 9:07 pm

So sorry. OT. I have only posted here a few times so forgive me for the OT. I just had to say, I blocked @lizardoid on twitter. Guy is hostile and dishonest.

13. Calo
    13 | April 6, 2012 9:36 pm

@ justdanny:
    Hi justdanny. It’s quiet here tonight since it is Good Friday and the beginning of Passover.

CJ is going ballistic on twitter right now. I don’t blame you for blocking him.

Follow @Gus_807 and @slinkybewmont for the LULZ instead.

14. NoThreat2U
    14 | April 6, 2012 9:41 pm

@ Calo:
    Hi Calo, long time no chat. All is quiet here to. Kids are out. Thinking of coloring eggs all by myself. Yes, my kids still insist on Easter baskets. lol

15. Calo
    15 | April 6, 2012 9:47 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    {{NT}}

I got mine big chocolate cowboy bunnies for their treat. About 2 lbs each. One BIG bunny for each kid.

I saw your postings the other day.

DAMN. :sad:

16. NoThreat2U
    16 | April 6, 2012 9:54 pm

@ Calo:
    I will have to run to the local chocolatier for bunnies tomorrow. And no egg coloring tonite….no food coloring. Dammit. lol

Yeah, such news. Oh well, it is what it is. Nothing to do about it but go forward I guess. The doc I saw was very nice. He was honest without being cocky. You know what I mean? Gonna do blood work again in five weeks and then see him the sixth week. Probably more Pittsburgh appts on my list too for the liver transplant specialist. I’ll be OK though.

17. 17 | April 6, 2012 10:03 pm

You never know what illegal activity supports terrorists, best to assume it all does. Buying cheap cigarettes for example.

18. Calo
    18 | April 6, 2012 10:05 pm

@ NoThreat2U:
    Yes, we are both living on the edge, so to say.
    We’ll just roll with it and have fun.

I have to go back for another heart ECHO in a few weeks.

The electrophysiologist wants me to have a pacemaker with a defibrillator, but I missed the criteria by 5% according to Medicare guidelines (even though I am not old enough for Medicare and have PPO insurance). The doc told me that hospital aadministrators are clamping on docs if their patients don’t meet Medicare guidelines. Medicare is currently back billing hospitals for procedures done 10 years ago for reimbursement.

Shit rolls downhill.
    I’m at the bottom of the hill.

19. NoThreat2U
    19 | April 6, 2012 10:16 pm

@ Calo:
    In the long run, I think I will be sitting at the bottom of the hill with you. I think right now would be the easy part for me. Getting a damn transplant paid for will be a whole nother story. I think that is what scares me most.

20. Alberta Oil Peon
    20 | April 6, 2012 11:16 pm

@ huckfunn:
    Man, those clubs sound like the sort of place I’d never enter short of being driven at gunpoint. Not a blues bar or a country honky-tonk amongst them, as far as I can see.

21. 21 | April 6, 2012 11:29 pm

@ Calo:
    I just don’t have the nerve for all of the back and forth nowadays. I asked the guy a very simple question and then he just started losing it. Putting words and meanings in my mouth. Sticking to his hallucinated narrative. Poor guy. So hostile. So eager to fight for nothing. It’s just so pitiful and is made more so by his seeming inability to be calm and rational. Occurs to me that he acts like a high schooler. Like he’s standing on the sideline hating the players for scoring touchdowns and hot chicks. Do you suppose he has a sort of histrionics disorder? I don’t think it’s funny. His excitement and hostility and ability to instantly fabricate truths to bolster his skewed view of reality is saddening. I’m not a fan of crashes at car races or train wrecks. I look away. It must be maddening for the people in his life that love him. Poor guy. He looks to be so dedicated to madness. The right meds would surely help him.

22. Moe Katz
    23 | April 7, 2012 12:25 am

justdanny wrote:

It must be maddening for the people in his life that love him.

You think there are people in his life that love him?

23. 24 | April 7, 2012 8:07 am

@ Calo:
    I’ve read at that site a few times lately. Its a great site. I downloaded the banned list to see if I was on it but I don’t have the proper software to open it. I am banned. Liberal friends and family have caused me to begin to look at the obama nightmare lately so I’ve found myself looking through political sites.

24. 25 | April 7, 2012 8:16 am

@ Moe Katz:
    Absolutely. And judging by his hostility and delusional state of mind in my brief dealings with him last night, I would imagine they are very concerned about him.

Charles doesn’t have a great mind, isn’t a great thinker. He wasn’t a great mind back in fgl’s days of greatness either. It appears he or others have convinced him that he is a great thinker. It looks like he believes he can create and dispense truth. That has to be maddening for those in his life.