by Flyovercountry ( 193 Comments › )
Filed under Uncategorized at April 10th, 2012 - 11:30 am

This time around, the Marxists are going to use our kiddies as the starting off point for their civilization killer, known as the model cities program. They have developed a slickly produced piece of animation, geared for use in our public education system as a means to indoctrinate our younguns into the wonders of Socialism. By utilizing our public education system as a stepping off point, all they need do is continue the propaganda there and wait for the kiddies to graduate to voting age with little more than skulls full of mush on their shoulders. Are you still on the fence as to whether it was a good idea to allow a Department of Education to be created, or to allow for the Marxists to completely take over the education of our children by letting the public sector unions to become mega powerful. Fortunately, there is a solution, as we have all seen the Model Cities Program before, and seen its ravages. That city is Detroit, Michigan, and its story has previously appeared on this very blog. We have something that the Marxists don’t have. We have the truth. As luck would have it, their ideas are not knew, and in fact have all been tried in various laboratories around the globe, Greece, Spain, the former Soviet Union, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, European Union, California, Illinois, Detroit, New Orleans, etc. You should get the point. I think we should show the kiddies the first video, just like the Marxists want, and then follow up with the second video, so that the children may also see the results of following through on what the proponents of video wish to inflict upon us.

As you may have suspected, the real live results are somewhat different than what an animator is able to create through his craft. Detroit you see, implemented this very program way back in 1965, as a part of LBJ’s Great Society. Now strap in once again, and witness the true results of the Marxist plan in action!

Special Note: Crowder stated in his video that Detroit’s unemployment was 28% when this video was produced, but on an appearance on Fox later, he placed that rate at 50%. Don’t buy that Detroit is coming back baloney the left is pushing, those commercials all had to be filmed in Southern California.

There are many problems with the top down command economy. One of the problems is that it never accounts for human behavior as a part of its calculus. Where are we going to find these altruistic angels to come and organize our society for us. The thought that these enlightened individuals will never once place their interests or the interests of their cronies above those of society is at best moronic, and at most, deadly to the rest of us. All one need do to dispel that idiocy is take a look at the current group of Marxists in charge. The Obama’s jet around the globe and party like rock stars, their cronies are handed Billions in federal loan guarantees for businesses already in bankruptcy, while at the very same time, the President of the United States is delivering speeches on how their already dying projects represent the future of all mankind. To be certain, there is much more about the first video than what I have briefly touched upon here. The important thing however is that we already have a record of what happened when it was previously attempted.

The Socialists will always counter with the same argument, so be prepared for it. That argument will always be, “we just didn’t do it right this time. We should have invested more resources. we allowed corruption to enter into the process, and we won’t do that this time around.” The good news though is that we don’t have to continue ceding the education system to the political left. Conservatives can become teachers as well. We, need to start standing up to the unions and start asserting our wishes upon the school boards via the electoral process. Fire the principals who allow this tripe to be utilized as an educational tool, unless is it as a precursor to a counter argument, such as the Crowder video. We still have this ability in our country, we just need to use it.

Hat tip Katie Baker!

Cross Posted at Musings of a Mad Conservative.

Comments

193 Responses to “Oh Goody! The Marxists Are Coming Out With The Model Cities Idea, All Over Again.”

1 | April 10, 2012 11:52 am

What did you think all of these “Urban Studies” and “Environmental Sociology” majors have been doing with their degrees?

Pimpin’ hos? Washing baby seals??

Hells no!

That’s WORK.

2. 2 | April 10, 2012 11:54 am

The Left has an obsession with model cities!

3. Buffalobob
    3 | April 10, 2012 11:56 am

If only Joe McCarthy was able to finish his work.

4. 4 | April 10, 2012 12:12 pm

I am posting this link again because I think it fit’s with this topic and that everyone really ought to read it and think long and hard on what I have written.

The US Constitution destroyed right before our very eyes, and we did nothing.

5 | April 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Very inspiring.

6 | April 10, 2012 12:25 pm

How do they plan on paying for this?

NO MONEY!

7. 7 | April 10, 2012 12:25 pm

Bumr50 wrote:

Very inspiring.

I’m a terrible Blogger, I don’t write to get Blog Hit’s, I write about things I feel passionate about. :oops: :sad:

8. Moe Katz
    8 | April 10, 2012 12:32 pm

I don’t get this. Ozzie Guillen is suspended by the Marlins for making comments favorable to Castro. Is this how they demonstrate that America is free and Cuba isn’t?

9 | April 10, 2012 12:36 pm

@ Moe Katz:

That has nothing to do with the law and everything to do with the rights of a free enterprise to admonish an employee for making public statements about things that are not in accordance with their company values.

So, yes.

10. 10 | April 10, 2012 12:37 pm

@ Moe Katz:
    He’s not in prison for making the comments. He doesn’t have a right to work for a high-paying sports team. They have every right to fire him if they choose to do so, but he won’t be going to prison for his remarks.

11. 11 | April 10, 2012 12:37 pm

@ Moe Katz:

He’s in Miami and the Marlin’s fan base are mostly Cuban. These comments would effect attendance.

12 | April 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Years ago I got advice from a very wise man ,prior
    to my first Detroit business trip.
    I was going to the downtown Renaissance Center.
    He said to “come slowly out of the garage & make
    sure that you get a green light. Step on it and
    run every light to the Lodge Freeway.
    Stay on the gas & if you get a flat, ride the rim
    all the way to Southfield”
    Sage advice.

13 | April 10, 2012 12:47 pm

@ Moe Katz:

After the White Sox won their first World Series in
    86 years, Ozzie took the trophy over to Venezuela
    to show it to Hugo Chavez.
    He did this even though his mother is in the anti-
    Hugo opposition.
    I used to like Ozzie, now I think that he is a world
    class Ahole.

14. 14 | April 10, 2012 12:47 pm

I would argue that this is what makes you great. P.S., it’s also why I’ve linked you in my personal blogroll.

16 | April 10, 2012 12:49 pm

I used to like Ozzie, now I think that he is a world
    class Ahole.

He always was an asshole (albeit at times an amusing one).

17 | April 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Moe Katz wrote:

If America weren’t free he would be deported to Cuba.

18. 18 | April 10, 2012 12:51 pm

Fortunately it’s only about three blocks from the Ren. Center to the Lodge. That little bit of monorail encased area, from the Ren. to Cobo, to the JLA to Trapper’s Alley is about the only safe part of Ole Detroilet. one step in the wrong direction, and it’s literally another planet.

19. 19 | April 10, 2012 12:51 pm

@ Speranza:

He makes no sense. He trashes Chavez and then is chummy with him. I think he’s mentally unstable.

20. 20 | April 10, 2012 12:52 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

I would love to take Charles and leave him in the Middle of a Detroit Ghetto.

21 | April 10, 2012 12:52 pm

@ Speranza:

Oh he is unstable. He also said some homophobic crap a few years ago as well.

22 | April 10, 2012 12:53 pm

@ Flyovercountry:
    I would love to take Charles and leave him in the Middle of a Detroit Ghetto.

Yeah drop him off and tell him he has to find his way back home on his own. Good luck trying to find a cab Charlie.

23. 23 | April 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Anywhere south of 8 Mile Road ought to do it. Make certain he has that ponytail, and no gun, since he is now a libtard. They’ll eat him.

24 | April 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Speranza wrote:

I used to like Ozzie, now I think that he is a world
    class Ahole.
    He always was an asshole (albeit at times an amusing one).

That is apt, but I don’t find him amusing anymore.
    He was a really good ballplayer, rookie of the year
    & all sta shortstop, but who cares now?

25. 25 | April 10, 2012 12:54 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

He can say that he supports Farrakhan!

26. 26 | April 10, 2012 12:59 pm

and he might even reach pronouncing the Far in that sentence before he becomes someone’s dinner. Have you ever seen Detroit? I am not kidding Rodan, the worst sections of Harlem are Petticoat Junction in comparison to Detroit. And that is nothing when compared with the likes of Pontiac, Flynt, Benton Harbor, and Saginaw. The Marxists have done horrible things to good swaths of Michigan.

27 | April 10, 2012 1:01 pm

@ Flyovercountry:
    He can say that he supports Farrakhan!

Hey Charles Johnson used to play for the Marlins (as a catcher).

28. 28 | April 10, 2012 1:02 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

I heard it was a disaster up there. Michigan is what Obama wants to turn America into.

29 | April 10, 2012 1:02 pm

@ Flyovercountry:
    I would love to take Charles and leave him in the Middle of a Detroit Ghetto.

Essentially I agreed with Derbyshire that you should avoid certain urban neighborhoods. That is not racism but common sense. Too bad he got into nonsensical IQ shit.

30. 30 | April 10, 2012 1:02 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

It is a Third World country, like Somolia, only they kind of speak English in Detroit. I wouldn’t move there for any amount of money. You can’t spend money if you are dead…

31. 31 | April 10, 2012 1:03 pm

@ Speranza:

Heracles from DOD did a post once on that mocking Charles. I heard he was not happy being compared to a baseball player.

32 | April 10, 2012 1:03 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

Detroit resembles Dante’s Inferno.

33. 33 | April 10, 2012 1:03 pm

That’s why the Muzzie are flooding in.

34 | April 10, 2012 1:04 pm

@ Speranza:

I saw that post on DoD and laughed my ass off. There is also a football player (Carolina Panthers I believe) with that name. Charles Johnson (and Gary Sheffield) was involved in the infamous (for LA Dodger fans) Mike Piazza trade of 1998.

35. 35 | April 10, 2012 1:06 pm

@ Speranza:

Charles really is delusional. The player Charles Johnson actually made money. the blogger Charles lives hand out to hand out.

36 | April 10, 2012 1:06 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

I would not visit there (let alone live there) for any amount of money. There are parts of Detroit where wild animals roam as if it is the forest.

37 | April 10, 2012 1:07 pm

@ Speranza:

He was a great defensive catcher with some power. Played on the 1997 World Champion Marlins team.

38. 38 | April 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Very interesting. Young voters are open to the GOP’s economic/fiscal message but turned off by the social stuff.

Independent millennials that are leaning Republican are focused solely on the economy and are not being drawn to the Republican party by social issues. In fact, according to Luke Frans, the millennials in the Resurgent Republic focus groups refused to discuss the Republican party’s social views. In other interviews, millennials have noted that they preferred the Republican party’s leadership on the economy, but could not bring themselves to vote for a Republican out of distaste for current GOP positions on gay marriage and abortion.

39. 39 | April 10, 2012 1:10 pm

@ Flyovercountry:

See my 38.

40. 40 | April 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Flyovercountry wrote:

I take that sir as a serious complament coming from someone whose writing I genuienly admire…

41 | April 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Hey, my “Holder Sillybillies” went up on PJM and I didn’t even realize!

42. 42 | April 10, 2012 1:29 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

Hey, my “Holder Sillybillies” went up on PJM and I didn’t even realize!

Congradulations

43. Tanker
    43 | April 10, 2012 1:34 pm

What does that say about them: “We will vote to safe this nation from economic failure, if only you will agree that killing children is OK and allowing any and all social norms to be destroyed.”

As much as I see economics the most pressing issue for this election. I will never give on some issues in my belief system. Social issues will never be fully removed from politics, nor should it. Can’t be the most pressing issue, but can’t be totally forgotten either!

44. 44 | April 10, 2012 1:48 pm

@ Speranza:

I can deal with the wild animals. I happen to like strolling in the forrest. We even have bears around here, at least up in the mountains. It is the wild people I can’t abide, especially someplace like Detroit where they don’t allow the decent people to carry guns.

45 | April 10, 2012 1:56 pm

When does the “Rodan for Romney” thread get put up?

46. 46 | April 10, 2012 2:00 pm

@ darkwords:

My bet is that he will break with the left about a minute after Romney is elected President. He’ll claim that he always on the right, and that any evidence to the contrary is merely a lie told by the internet gods to confuse the great unwashed masses of asses who would ever believe him again.

47 | April 10, 2012 2:02 pm

Now reporting on WLS Chicago that Santorum is
    holding a news conference today & is dropping out.

48. NoThreat2U
    48 | April 10, 2012 2:03 pm

FYI….Santorum out of the race.

49. 49 | April 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Beat me to it RIX.

50. citizen_q
    50 | April 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Heard a report on the radio saying that Santorum is changing a rally into a news conference to announce he is dropping out.

51 | April 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Now reporting on WLS Chicago that Santorum is
    holding a news conference today & is dropping out.

How very Sixties. You turn on and tune in, and he drops out.

52. citizen_q
    53 | April 10, 2012 2:04 pm

@ citizen_q:
    GMTA!

54 | April 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Even more Sixties, you turn on and tune in, Santorum drops out, and we all get to take a big LDS trip.

54. NoThreat2U
    55 | April 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Another site says he isn’t. Just ignore me.

55. citizen_q
    56 | April 10, 2012 2:05 pm

@ Carolina Girl:
    dagnabbit! hit the wrong comment.

57 | April 10, 2012 2:08 pm

citizen_q wrote:

Cbs just reported it as well

57. 58 | April 10, 2012 2:09 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

LSD, yum! But first, are you experienced? Have you ever been experienced? Well, I have…

58. 59 | April 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Fox News is reporting it as “Confirmed”. Well, it had to end sometime. If Romney loses, I expect him to committ seppuku on the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial.

60 | April 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Beat me to it RIX.

This is my day! Off to Vegs!

60. 61 | April 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Rush is reporting that Santorum is “suspending” his campaign. Which is deceptive – it allows him to continue to raise money, which he will no doubt use to retire his campaign debt.

It’ll be interesting to see how this shakes out now. Newt will probably pull in the Santorum supporters, but Romney now pretty much has a clear path to the nomination. Let’s see how he campaigns now – will he now go after Obama full time? That would do a lot to win me over.

62 | April 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Feral animals kill for food, humans kill for fun.

62. 63 | April 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Oh Geez no….they’re touting that Christie is going to be the VEEP choice. West or Rubio, Romney – I don’t need two East Coast RINOS’s on the same ticket.

64 | April 10, 2012 2:19 pm

darkwords wrote:

When does the “Rodan for Romney” thread get put up?

Ain’t gonna happen.

65 | April 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Christie is too abrasive to sell to a national audience. Ann Coulter is now orgasmic.

65. 66 | April 10, 2012 2:22 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Yeah, a lot of my resistance to Romney is the firm belief that he won’t go after Obama the way he has Santorum and Gingrich. He can clarify that position starting today. But, too, he has done nothing to win me over. He simply assumes that I will vote for him because Obama is such a disaster. As I said yesterday, he deserves to lose for his arrogance, but Obama really is that fucking awful. I am counting on a Republican House and Senate to hold Romney’s feet to the fire and push him back when he lets he’s little Clintonian love of Big Government out to play…

66. Tanker
    67 | April 10, 2012 2:22 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

It would also go a long way with me. If he goes McDumbass, he is toast! I haven’t seen it in him as of yet! Much easier to destroy your own! I keep hoping to be proven wrong!

68 | April 10, 2012 2:23 pm

citizen_q wrote:

Good riddance although I hope his daughter gets well. Every time he opens his mouth it costs us 20,000 votes.
    That “angry every man” shtick he does would not take with the nation.

68. 69 | April 10, 2012 2:23 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

I won’t vote for Christie. Will NOT. If he picks Christie as his running mate I’ll be sitting the Presidential Election out. Christie is as god-awful as Obama on most of the issues I care about.

70 | April 10, 2012 2:26 pm

This is my day! Off to Vegs!

Is that “las veggies,” as Michelle Obama would urge?

71 | April 10, 2012 2:26 pm

You know the VPOTUS has no power to ban any guns, all he does is go to funerals

71. 72 | April 10, 2012 2:29 pm

@ Speranza:

Christie is a Muslim Brotherhood supporter. He would be a dangerous pick.

72. citizen_q
    73 | April 10, 2012 2:29 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I hope I am wrong, but after some positive comments he has already made about chairman mao-bama, I would not be surprised in a mclame II type squishy luv-fest campaign.

73. 74 | April 10, 2012 2:30 pm

darkwords wrote:

When does the “Rodan for Romney” thread get put up?

Not happening. I despise Romney as a Progressive scumbag. I just hate Obama’s Marxism even more. After this election I don’t have to toe the GOP line no more. Expect some very interesting posts after November 6th!

74. citizen_q
    75 | April 10, 2012 2:31 pm

@ Speranza:
    Christie is a Muslim Brotherhood supporter. He would be a dangerous pick.

Yep and Yep. I hear you. Even so, I will take them over obama.

75. 76 | April 10, 2012 2:32 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Romney is in a hole with Female and Hispanic voters. Its of his own making and lets see if he can at least cut into Obama’s margins with those groups.

76. 77 | April 10, 2012 2:33 pm

@ citizen_q:

I will vote again Obama on Nov. 6th, then The GOP becomes my enemy on Nov. 7th. I am giving everyone a heads up. Don’t expect to see Pro-Republican posts from me post November 7th. I might even set up a new blog to express my real feeling about the GOP.

77. citizen_q
    78 | April 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Expect some very interesting posts after November 6th!

Assuming chairman mao-bama doesn’t declare some sort of national emergency and shuts down the interwebs.

/ – tin foil hat firmly attached.

78. 79 | April 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Hey vote for Gary Johnson at least!

79. 80 | April 10, 2012 2:34 pm

@ citizen_q:

If Obama wins, I will hold off my anti-GOP posts to see if the Party reforms and modernizes.

80. 81 | April 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Bill Clinton is to Mitt Romney’s Right. Romney is the Most Leftist Republican since Teddy Roosevelt. We are dealing with a Moderate Socialist here.

82 | April 10, 2012 2:36 pm

Hey vote for Gary Johnson at least!

Hell no. A vote for Gary Johnson will be a vote for Obama. Just sayin’

83 | April 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Nobody was more leftist then George H.W. Bush. Funny how he was a one-term POTUS.

83. 84 | April 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Romney will pick an Establishment figure like Ohio Sen. Portman or Chris Christie. He doesn’t give a crap about Conservatives. He is Rockefeller Republican and will govern as one. I hope the GOP Congress stand up to him if he wins.

84. 85 | April 10, 2012 2:38 pm

@ Speranza:

That will be Mitt Romney’s fate. He will be a horrible President. Better than Obanma, but horrible none the less. I think we are in America’s decline and we are doooomed ™.

85. spinmore
    86 | April 10, 2012 2:39 pm

hey Rick . . . is this going to be a long story? *snore*

how ’bout – ‘stick a fork in me i’m done’

86. 87 | April 10, 2012 2:39 pm

Not to mention that he is the de facto nominee in eight years. No thanks. I’ll take my chances with four more years of this Muslim In Chief, and hope for better in 2016.

88 | April 10, 2012 2:39 pm

@ Speranza:
    Christie is a Muslim Brotherhood supporter. He would be a dangerous pick.

I don’t worry about Vice President’s. They are as useless as a bucket full of piss.

88. 89 | April 10, 2012 2:39 pm

@ Speranza:

Well its better than Iron Fist staying home. At least he is voting against Obama.

90 | April 10, 2012 2:39 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

This is my day! Off to Vegs!
    Is that “las veggies,” as Michelle Obama would urge?

Right, I have joined “lets Move”
    That way I can get into shape like Michelle./

91 | April 10, 2012 2:39 pm

91. Lily
    92 | April 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Kinda of like DOD and off to the side?

92. 93 | April 10, 2012 2:40 pm

@ Speranza:

But it reflects priorities. Romney will promote the Muslim Brotherhood and get us into another war for Islamic democracy.

94 | April 10, 2012 2:40 pm

@ Speranza:

That’s not going to be how it will be played out. Any conservative who does not vote Republican in November has effectively voted for Obama – any way you may try to parse it.

94. 95 | April 10, 2012 2:42 pm

@ Lily:

Yes It will be called Rightwing Rebel and it will be a Conservative/Libertarian anti-Republican blog. Trust me, I have held back what i really think of teh GOP around here. If Obama is defeated, I am free and can express my true opinions about the Republican party.

95. spinmore
    96 | April 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Speranza wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Christie is a Muslim Brotherhood supporter. He would be a dangerous pick.

unless their name happens to be Allen West (but, Romney don’t have the nuggets)

97 | April 10, 2012 2:42 pm

@ Speranza:

Your imagination is running a bit wild. Romney is not promoting any Muslim Brotherhood. Look I ain’t a fan of his but he is not a Muslim lover as you make him out to be. As for nation building – nobody is going to do that except maybe Obama in “Palestine”.

97. 98 | April 10, 2012 2:43 pm

@ Speranza:

Its a free country and he can do what he wants. If Chris Christie is a red line for him, you can’t expect him to cross it.

99 | April 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Romney should rmember what McCains mother said about
    Republican unhappiness with her son,”They will hold
    their nose and vote for him.”
    Hmmmm, not really.

99. citizen_q
    100 | April 10, 2012 2:43 pm

I really shudder to think what the political landscape will look like if obama wins.

Especially if the Supreme Court upholds obamacare.

I think if the GOP were amiable to change, it would have done so by now. We would be seeing effective anti-obama advertising, and 503(c)s to counter moveon.org, something. Perhaps a huge loss would finally shake them up on the one hand. On the other, I can’t understand that the dire straits we find ourselves in isn’t enough to stiffen some spines. Since it isn’t new blood is needed. Lots of it.

100. Lily
    101 | April 10, 2012 2:43 pm

Speranza wrote:

I agree here. Four more years of bho is much worse than Romney.

101. Tanker
    102 | April 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Speranza wrote:

@ Speranza:
    Christie is a Muslim Brotherhood supporter. He would be a dangerous pick.

Ah…But sometimes they become POTUS! Fingers crossed it isn’t Christie!

103 | April 10, 2012 2:44 pm

spinmore wrote:

unless their name happens to be Allen West (but, Romney don’t have the nuggets)

I love Colonel West (the man and the politician) but he is a man not a God and would need a learning curve once in office. V.P.’s are window dressing. I concentrate on the guy in the oval office. We are not electing a double play combination. Nixon and Reagan did not win 49 states landslides because of Agnew and Poppy Bush.

103. citizen_q
    104 | April 10, 2012 2:44 pm

@ citizen_q:

Also who knows what obama will do as a lame duck president.

104. 105 | April 10, 2012 2:45 pm

@ Speranza:

Its not a fantasy. Mitt Romney supported the Arab Spring, the Libya war and wants us to stay in Afghanistan. His advisers are the same ones that advised Bush. Read his speech and look at his advisers.

Romney will have a Bush spread democracy foreign policy. I will vote against Obama on Nov 6th, but I don’t have to support a Romney Presidency and his Progressive policies.

105. 106 | April 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Really? Where?

107 | April 10, 2012 2:46 pm

citizen_q wrote:

Also who knows what obama will do as a lame duck president.

As he told the Medvedev – “I will have more flexibility”. You can fill in the rest.

107. 108 | April 10, 2012 2:47 pm

@ citizen_q:

The Republican party has been hijacked by some of the lowest element in American society. I will not say more since Obama is my target now. But after the election I will expose the GOP for what it is.

109 | April 10, 2012 2:47 pm

When? I don’t recall that.

109. 110 | April 10, 2012 2:48 pm

@ Mike C.:

He supported the Arab Spring, The Libya War and wants to stay in Afghanistan. Look at his speeches and polices.

110. Lily
    111 | April 10, 2012 2:48 pm

@ Lily:

To be honest for right now there really is no sure thing concerning this presidental election and if by any chance we are lucky enough to have bho voted out, I will be on a wait and see how things are going.
    I am hoping for the best. I think it being off to the side like DOD would be the right thing too.

111. 112 | April 10, 2012 2:49 pm

@ Speranza:

I am holding my nose as much as I can to vote for Romney as it is. Chris Christie is a bridge too far. I won’t vote for the man. If they are happy with him in New Jersey, let him stay there.

113 | April 10, 2012 2:49 pm

that lofty description fits the Democratic Party (and you know I am not a fan of the hard core social cons). The socons for all their faults are not trying to destroy America.

113. 114 | April 10, 2012 2:49 pm

@ Speranza:

Have you not seen his speeches and press releases? He has supported the Arab Spring, Libya war and wants us to stay indefinitely in Afghanistan. I can’t support this and that’s why although I will vote for him on Nov 6th, I will not support his Presidency.

115 | April 10, 2012 2:50 pm

@ Speranza:

He is not going to be the VP nominee. He is too abrasive and too jowly for the rest of the country.

115. eaglesoars
    116 | April 10, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi guys just drove by to share this must-read. From a blog called Alt-Market which is apparently a prepper/network site

Understanding The Slave Mentality

The Facts Lose Value: The worst flaw of the slave is not necessarily his ability to overlook the truth, but his ability to see it, comprehend it, and then shrug it off anyway because it is contrary to his mission to fulfill his private delusions. For the slave, the truth exists, but is no longer useful. Lies make his universe turn, and facts are a tool to be used or cast aside at his leisure.
    []
    The Need To Be Accepted: A slave seeks harmony not within, but without, even when that “harmony” is with a system that is designed to destroy him. The viciousness of collectivism lay in its ability to comfort converts with atrocity. As long as the slave feels as though he is a part of the machine, and accepted by the group, he cares not what the machine does to others. Common arguments include; “We all have to live together, and so we must sacrifice our selfish individualism for the greater good…” or “Governments are here to protect us and we should do everything we can to make their job easier…”
    []
    The Need For Structure: An individual takes responsibility for himself, learning over time to provide his own structure which works at his pace and serves his unique needs. A slave does not have the energy or the drive to do that, and so, he asks the establishment to tell him how he should live. He will hold at face value the word of nearly anyone in a position of petty authority. When confronted with those who go their own way, or who rebel against the cookie-cutter template for social participation, the slave sneers in disgust. Independent rebellion is abhorrent to him, because the system provides him with his very identity. To insult the fabric of the system is to insult who he is. It’s pathetic, but common…

great read.

h/t Ann Barnhardt

117 | April 10, 2012 2:51 pm

@ Speranza:

I don’t recall him supporting the overthrow of Mubarak. John Bolton is one of his advisers and he certainly did not support it.

117. 118 | April 10, 2012 2:51 pm

@ Speranza:

Its not the Socons I am talking about. Look I am not comfortable with what the GOP has turned into. I don’t have to support party that looks down on me.

Obama 1st though.

118. brookly red
    119 | April 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Obama 1st though.

I second that.

119. brookly red
    120 | April 10, 2012 2:53 pm

brookly red wrote:

I second that.

first put out the fire THEN control the flooding…

120. 121 | April 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Speranza wrote:

citizen_q wrote:

That “angry every man” shtick he does would not take with the nation.

I could not believe the vile and moronic comments about his daughter by the libturds on Saturday on Yahoo news. When called on it, they actually had the audacity to snipe that if it had been a liberal’s daughter, we’d have been doing the same thing.

It took everything I had not to reply — “It would never BE a liberal’s daughter. You believe in destroying babies in the womb for the sake of convenience – you wouldn’t hesitate to kill one that isn’t perfect.”

122 | April 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Obama 1st though.

The Nativists are a small minority. Most GOPers are like me.

122. 123 | April 10, 2012 2:54 pm

Mitt Romney on the Arab Spring:
    The Arab spring came, one of the greatest opportunities we’ve seen in decades, and we’ve been flatfooted.

Mitt Romney on Libya.

Governor Romney has stated that he supported military action in Libya in 2011. He was critical of of President Obama’s hesitance for action in Libya in a radio interview in March of 2011 and stated that the Libyan incident was typical of President Obama’s lacking overall foreign policy. Governor Romney noted that President Obama had been inconsistent in pushing for America’s interests by stating that he’s committed to our success in Afghanistan unless it means commitment beyond 2011, that he stands with Israel but condemns its settlement policy more than Hamas’ rocket attacks, and that he calls for the removal of Muammar Gaddafi, but then conditions our action on the directions we get from the Arab League and the United Nations.

123. 124 | April 10, 2012 2:56 pm

@ Speranza:

The Nativist set the agenda for the GOP.

124. 125 | April 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

You should have said it. It is the truth. Margaret Sangar woul dbe proud of today’s Democrat Party, and, God help them, they would take pride in that.

125. 126 | April 10, 2012 2:57 pm

See 123.

As I said, Romney supports the Muslim Brotherhood/Arab Spring agenda.

127 | April 10, 2012 2:57 pm

The ObamaCare Committee will have the power to
    withhold medical services to an imperefect infant
    under the age of two.
    No exageration.

127. 128 | April 10, 2012 2:58 pm

@ eaglesoars:

Hey thanks. I might do a post on that!

129 | April 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Lovely people. That’s why I rarely watch the news (even Fox) and I spend my time watching the Military Channel or E Entertainment. Even Criminal Minds had an episode where one of the agents (“Emily”)at the end quotes Malcolm X. approvingly. Yeech!

129. 130 | April 10, 2012 2:59 pm

That is why I am voting against Romney, despite my ideological differences with the current version of the GOP. Obamacare is life and death not abstract. Its evil and must be repealed.

130. brookly red
    131 | April 10, 2012 3:00 pm

The ObamaCare Committee will have the power to
    withhold medical services to an imperefect infant
    under the age of two.
    No exageration.

The ObamaCare Committee will have the power to
    withhold medical services. Period.

131. 132 | April 10, 2012 3:00 pm

MacDuff wrote:

Dude’s way cool.
    Grandpa, patriot who goes by ‘The Raptor,’ claims credit for taking down Al Qaeda websites

That he is!!!

BTW, I have a Caturday thread in the queue. I apologize for not having done any for the past few weeks. Real-life activities got in the way and I didn’t get around to them.

132. Lily
    133 | April 10, 2012 3:00 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

Attacking his sick daughter? Sounds familiar. Good grief the vile hatred in our country directed at one another because of politic’s is becoming insane. So you don’t like Santorum. Great but attack his children too? Why? Even those who are disgusted with bho don’t attack his children. What have they done?

133. brookly red
    134 | April 10, 2012 3:01 pm

so, lets say the court strikes it down before the election? then what.

134. 135 | April 10, 2012 3:03 pm

I hope against hope that the Supreme Court tosses the whole law out. It give us a great issue for electing a conservative GOP Congress — all you need do it put up Nancy and Harry’s ugly mug and say “vote Republican – or these two wads will resurrect Obamacare.”

I don’t doubt, by the way, that Bammy and his criminal enterprise of an administration are busily exploring how much of Obamacare they can try to implement with Executive Order if the decision doesn’t go their way. My guess is …. nothing. But hell, it’s never stopped them before.

135. 136 | April 10, 2012 3:03 pm

@ brookly red:

Good question!
    I might still vote against Obama because of his tyrannical nature.

136. 137 | April 10, 2012 3:04 pm

@ brookly red:

I still vote against Obama if Romney doesn’t fuck it up with his VP pick. Obama is dangerous on all fronts. He is without question the worst President we have ever had. He makes James Buchannan look competant.

137. 138 | April 10, 2012 3:05 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

That’s my suspicion as well. I think they will try to do it through EO.

139 | April 10, 2012 3:05 pm

Nothing left but carnage if he gets four more years.

139. plemmen
    140 | April 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Meh! I grew up in Detroit and it was circling the drain when I left in 1975 as a twenty year old! The school systems were pushing the “model city” idea even then. The virus that is progressivism, the slippery slope to Marxism explained: http://wp.me/p27DAO-h1 (my own thoughts).

140. 141 | April 10, 2012 3:08 pm

That’s why I am voting against him. Although after this election if he loses I don’t have to vote Republican anymore. I really want to start a new Center-Right party based on Free Markets, Individualism, Fiscal responsibility, States rights, Anti-Islamism, a Jacksonian foreign policy and National Unity.

142 | April 10, 2012 3:08 pm

@ brookly red:

The ObamaCare Committee will have the power to
    withhold medical services. Period

That’s true, the Committee is charged with weighing
    expenditures for medical services against future social
    value.
    That is eugenics & the average American is unaware.

142. Lily
    143 | April 10, 2012 3:08 pm

The ObamaCare Committee will have the power to
    withhold medical services to an imperefect infant
    under the age of two.
    No exageration.

Excatly. That bill is evil to the extreme. When do we start to understand that letting a ‘committee’ to play God is wrong?
    Right now it’s anything goes. We have become a nation that doesn’t see evil when it is right in front of our face. So you are a man that is trapped in a women’s body and you need to be you and you get a sex changed, no problem nothing wrong with that! So you are pregnant and have decided for a late term abortion, no problem it’s the womens choice! I could go on and on.

143. 144 | April 10, 2012 3:09 pm

That is the only reason I am voting against him. He’s an asshole and I want him gone. That doesn’t mean I will support Romney.

144. brookly red
    145 | April 10, 2012 3:09 pm

coolIron Fist wrote:

@ brookly red:

that pretty much sums it up

145. 146 | April 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. The problem with Obama is that this is a hard-core Marxist who does not feel bound by the Constitution in order to accomplish his goals. Couple this with a lap-dog media and his ridiculous cabinet picks, and the potential for abuse is so incredibly overwhelming that I genuinely fear for our safety as citizens. He will foment class and racial war to afford himself extraordinary power and when that happens, we are undone.

The only thing I can think of that will limit him is the takeover of the Senate by the GOP – thus far, they have been instrumental in halting conservative reforms and the Ryan budget that have passed the House. They had no problem with un-recess appointments. A Democrat Senate will not stop Obama, so he’ll continue.

Two Republican houses, with the threat of impeachment hanging over his head, though, could probably stop him. Right now he has no such fear.

146. 147 | April 10, 2012 3:14 pm

@ Lily:

I think under Obamacare, there will be government pressure applied to force women to undergo prenatal diagnostic testing and if the baby has potential for birth defects, you will be further pressured to abort it.

After you have had two children, you will be pressured to undergo sterilization procedures.

147. 148 | April 10, 2012 3:16 pm

What I am most afraid of is that Romney is going to fuck this up. It is a no-brainer that Chris Christie is too unpalatable for a certain segment of the base (though the Coulterites love him), that he needs to reach to the Right not to the Left in his VP pick, but that is exactly why I could see him doing it. He has already told the base in so many words to piss off if they don’t like him. Nothing much that he does will surprise me. I don’t really expect him to take it to Obama, but I am hopeful that the SuperPACs can and will in his name, no matter what his personal wishes on the matter. I don’t think Romney grasps (or cares? Pick one) how grave this situation really is. He wants to be President to puff his ego. It is a resume thing for him, not the life or death of the country.

148. Lily
    149 | April 10, 2012 3:17 pm

@ Carolina Girl:

A Democrat Senate will not stop Obama, so he’ll continue.

Which I don’t understand that have to know that he has gone rogue? If bho is voted out in November I hope he takes the democratic party down with him.

149. Lily
    150 | April 10, 2012 3:18 pm

@ Lily:

I believe that. For one he said it, he wanted this country to be more like China so he could get more things done!

150. 151 | April 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Its a resume thing for him. Daddy couldn’t be President, so he wants to do what daddy didn’t. Romney supports the Arab Spring and Libya War. He will be another Muzzie ass kisser. After this election I am free and should Romney sin, he will be my enemy.

But Obama 1st.

151. 152 | April 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

Obama will never be impeached. Never. As a matter of fact, I doubt anybody will ever be impeached again. The last two times haven’t gone so well. But Obama is bullet-proof. He could sodomize a child on the White House steps, and the Senate would just look away in disgust. They wouldn’t do anything about it. No, a Republican Senate will hold some form of check against him, but I have no doubt he intends to rule by decree, and without a Veto-proof majority he can pretty much do just that. Running without a budget for three years has shown what a hollow power the power of the purse really is.

152. brookly red
    153 | April 10, 2012 3:21 pm

@ Lily:

well of course there will be exceptions for “party members” …

153. 154 | April 10, 2012 3:22 pm

brookly red wrote:

@ Lily:

well of course there will be exceptions for “party members” High ranking Party Officials …

154. Guggi
  155. 156 | April 10, 2012 3:23 pm

brookly red wrote:

well of course there will be exceptions for “party members” …

There always are. That is how tyrannies stay in power. There are always enough people willing to sell out for a little better than their fellows get. Or, like with the OWS freaks, just the ability to keep their fellows from doing better. There are a lot of people like that around.

156. 157 | April 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Yup!

157. Lily
    158 | April 10, 2012 3:23 pm

Carolina Girl wrote:

I think you might be right here. bho is doing things now going around Congress and Congress is doing nothing now. Is it the race card thing that bho constantly pulls out? I honestly am perplexed that no one is trying to put the brakes on this rogue president.
    It is insane.

158. 159 | April 10, 2012 3:24 pm

@ Guggi:

Did a Special report on that!

159. brookly red
    161 | April 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Lily wrote:

It is insane.

/maybe there is an ambitious general out there somewhere…

160. 162 | April 10, 2012 3:27 pm

New Thread.

161. 163 | April 10, 2012 3:27 pm

@ buzzsawmonkey:

And when it loses, will that be a hate crime? I’m betting it will be

162. brookly red
    164 | April 10, 2012 3:27 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

After more than two weeks of discussions, GLAAD and the Miss Universe Organization announced on Tuesday that transgender woman will now be allowed to compete for the crown in its beauty competitions.

when the duck wins the cockfight you know it was fixed…

163. 165 | April 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Hell, Remember Democratic Congressman Gerry Studds? They wouldn’t even look away with disgust, they would cheer him on.

164. Lily
    166 | April 10, 2012 3:29 pm

buzzsawmonkey wrote:

OT:

Like I said above, ‘anything goes’! Nothing is wrong unless it’s class-warfare, race-warfare, anti-buisness-warfare.
    This is unreal, you don’t even have to be a woman anymore to be in the Miss Universe anymore. I can see it now, it will become a mockery.

165. 167 | April 10, 2012 3:32 pm

brookly red wrote:

Lily wrote:
    It is insane.
    /maybe there is an ambitious general out there somewhere…

Think of it as “Seven Days in May” and Burt Lancaster is the HERO.

168 | April 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Just vote against Obama and save it for a couple of years. If Romney wins he will have my eternal gratitude for getting rid of the asshole-in chief. If the day after the election and Romney has won and you start in on him it won’t go well.

167. m
    169 | April 10, 2012 3:37 pm

@ plemmen:

Good article, thanks.

170 | April 10, 2012 3:37 pm

:grin: :grin:

171 | April 10, 2012 3:40 pm

I might still vote against Obama because of his tyrannical nature.

Might vote against him?

170. m
    172 | April 10, 2012 3:41 pm

@ Speranza:

Yeah, I’m still scratching my head on that one. Even if Obamacare is repealed it wouldn’t make obama any better or change the fact that dude thinks he is king.

I don’t get it.

171. 174 | April 10, 2012 3:46 pm

@ Speranza:

Sorry, Romney is a Progressive. I will not support him his Progressive Pro-Muslim Brotherhood polices. We will have to disagree here.

Obama 1st though.

172. 175 | April 10, 2012 3:48 pm

@ brookly red:
    @ Carolina Girl:

maybe there is an ambitious general out there somewhere…

An American Pinochet, one can dream!

176 | April 10, 2012 3:53 pm

@ Lily:
    Remember Obama refused to support the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, in effect supporting infanticide. Eugenics is no reach for him.

177 | April 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Obama is an asshole. To me it is a yellow monkey
    year. I would vote for a yellow monkley if he was
    running against Obama.

175. 178 | April 10, 2012 3:59 pm

Yup!

179 | April 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Yup!

A bit hyperbolic don’t you both think?

180 | April 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Obama 1st though.

If you start in on Romney right after he defeats Obama you will be a person alone. I won’t join in unless he once is POTUS, shows me that he is not the real deal.

181 | April 10, 2012 4:05 pm

m wrote:

I don’t get it.

Neither do I. That is a head scratcher for me. I can come up with 20 good reasons to defeat Obama that have nothing to do with Obamacare.

179. 182 | April 10, 2012 4:07 pm

@ Speranza:

Then I will be a person alone. I am breaking with the GOP after the election.They don’t want me, so I will not support people who hate me.

You know there’s no editorial control around here. So if you want to support a Romney Presidency, be my guest. I will not and I am done with the GOP until they modernize and reform.

180. 183 | April 10, 2012 4:08 pm

@ Speranza:

Obama should be in the toilet right now, yet his support is in the upper 40′s.

184 | April 10, 2012 4:09 pm

They don’t want me,

Why do you say that – because a couple of yahoos (most likely mobys) on Hot Air talk smack? Fuck them. Go over to Democratic Underground or The Daily Kos or HuffPo to see some real hatred. If the GOP did not want you then folks like Bush I, Bush II, McCain, Dole, etc. would never have come even close to the nomination. If you want to see real racism, check out the Donkeys.

185 | April 10, 2012 4:10 pm

@ Speranza:
    Obama should be in the toilet right now, yet his support is in the upper 40′s.

He is the incumbent and has a media that is working for him.

183. 186 | April 10, 2012 4:16 pm

@ Speranza:

I have never nor do I want to see in this in my life. That’s why all talk about this is 1980 is nonsense. Obama is no Carter and Romney is no Reagan.

184. 187 | April 10, 2012 4:19 pm

@ Speranza:

I say that because the GOP establishment caters to these element. People like me they tell to fuck off. I will not coexist in a party that hates me. I would not expect you to do that either. The GOP will have to make a choice, that nasty element or people like me. They have made their choice and I have made mine.

But, defeating Obama is priority #1.

185. m
    188 | April 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Where was this choice made and who tallied the votes?

189 | April 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Speranza wrote:

Give your self four more years of Obama and there will be an unrecognizable nation for you. [Emphasis Added]

Why?? Because Baby Doc Baraq is so powerful or because America is so frail??

190 | April 10, 2012 4:38 pm

Speranza wrote:

@ Speranza:

You need a new schtick. That one is getting old. Stick a fork in it…

188. 191 | April 10, 2012 4:42 pm

m wrote:

Where was this choice made and who tallied the votes?

GOP voters by accepting these people and their rhetoric. I’m done with the GOP after this election. My decision is final. I will only return once they get rid of a nasty elements and become tolerant and stand for all Americans. I have no use for either party.

189. 192 | April 10, 2012 4:58 pm

I agree with you, but after this election. Prior to, getting rid of BHO is the only thing that matters. Come November 7, 2012, it’ll be form a conservative party, and build that as an alternative to the Dem and Dem lite that we currently have as our choices.

193 | April 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Da_Beerfreak wrote:

You need a new schtick. That one is getting old. Stick a fork in it…

How about sticking a fork in yourself because you are getting old? Yes the truth can be an annoying shtick to someone like you. Nice posting bullfuckingshit when I was not around to respond. Now go pour yourself another beer.